Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Dragon Profile Layout | ARCHIVED 24/06
1 2 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32
Back again since I've had some time to get used to the new layout on site. While some aspects of the current profile update are good, I still support the layout of this thread's suggestion as an overall necessary improvement. I think they key things are removing the apparel section from the row with the dragon and the familiar, and getting rid of all those dotted lines.

There are a lot of mock-up threads still floating around but I choose to support this one because I feel like the general look of the update is still retained. It doesn't feel like a drastic overhaul from what staff tried to do with the design themselves.
Back again since I've had some time to get used to the new layout on site. While some aspects of the current profile update are good, I still support the layout of this thread's suggestion as an overall necessary improvement. I think they key things are removing the apparel section from the row with the dragon and the familiar, and getting rid of all those dotted lines.

There are a lot of mock-up threads still floating around but I choose to support this one because I feel like the general look of the update is still retained. It doesn't feel like a drastic overhaul from what staff tried to do with the design themselves.
6Sx7SSv.png
Support!

I think this one is my favorite of all the suggested changes, mostly because it puts the physical info back on the top of the page so it's easily accessible. It keeps the best parts of the update (moving familiar up for easy bonding, battle info, preserves dragon's placement on the background) while adding back the best parts of the old layout (neatly organized boxes, color/genes at the top, no clunky under-name text). The additional section-collapse toggle is also a must-have; it's so nice for those who put in hard work on their bios and don't want them totally buried at the bottom of the page!
Support!

I think this one is my favorite of all the suggested changes, mostly because it puts the physical info back on the top of the page so it's easily accessible. It keeps the best parts of the update (moving familiar up for easy bonding, battle info, preserves dragon's placement on the background) while adding back the best parts of the old layout (neatly organized boxes, color/genes at the top, no clunky under-name text). The additional section-collapse toggle is also a must-have; it's so nice for those who put in hard work on their bios and don't want them totally buried at the bottom of the page!
You definitely have my support for this idea! I love the reorganization of the info boxes, and I especially like the removal of all the unnecessary repetition of information. It's more streamlined than what we have now and is much more pleasant to look at. Not to mention the idea of the TOGGLE for certain sections is FANTASTIC!! <3
You definitely have my support for this idea! I love the reorganization of the info boxes, and I especially like the removal of all the unnecessary repetition of information. It's more streamlined than what we have now and is much more pleasant to look at. Not to mention the idea of the TOGGLE for certain sections is FANTASTIC!! <3
myJetjB.png RjKznf9.pnglightshade.pngmHtR8zD.png Gz6OPCO.png
Yes ! Support for moving the apparel down and decluttering.

I don't mind the info moved up -- this is balanced especially for the ancient breeds whereas they look lopsided with just nothing where the apparel was.
Yes ! Support for moving the apparel down and decluttering.

I don't mind the info moved up -- this is balanced especially for the ancient breeds whereas they look lopsided with just nothing where the apparel was.
Just wanted to update this real quick by saying that I probably won't make anymore edits to this mockup ( unless a change comes up that would be amazing to have. ) However, do keep the suggestions coming so that staff can see what else might be wanted / which features are most desired. c: Thank you all so very much for the overwhelming support!
Just wanted to update this real quick by saying that I probably won't make anymore edits to this mockup ( unless a change comes up that would be amazing to have. ) However, do keep the suggestions coming so that staff can see what else might be wanted / which features are most desired. c: Thank you all so very much for the overwhelming support!
ePOliyb.png
o7ZCFYm.png
w0wBhk1.png
8O67LBq.png
......... AnRfjMR.png ...Uwvllxw.png...
FR +9 | HE / HIM | TRANSMASC | WISHLIST
Make your crown of teeth and blood and bone
and watch as the ones you hate run back home.
...Uwvllxw.png... J1gYZgp.png
Commenting to continue to show support + to say after having a decent enough time with the current layout, and gotten used to it, I still support the main, and various, mockups in this thread. My preference is still to remove the bar of buttons and rearrange them to spread out around profile, but at the bare minimum I hope we can get:
  • Swap physical info with apparel.
    • 10/10 Finding myself "lost" because I'm trying to quick look at dragon colours/genes but instead I'm staring blankly is at the apparel section.
  • A reduction in buttons/clicks
    • There really isn't a good reason for the customize button to lead to 4 buttons. It should take you straight to Apparel & Skin since the Familiar, Scene and Vista buttons are also on the main profile. Or scene and vista can be removed from profile and stay inside the customize button if they really want to have a catch all button.
Commenting to continue to show support + to say after having a decent enough time with the current layout, and gotten used to it, I still support the main, and various, mockups in this thread. My preference is still to remove the bar of buttons and rearrange them to spread out around profile, but at the bare minimum I hope we can get:
  • Swap physical info with apparel.
    • 10/10 Finding myself "lost" because I'm trying to quick look at dragon colours/genes but instead I'm staring blankly is at the apparel section.
  • A reduction in buttons/clicks
    • There really isn't a good reason for the customize button to lead to 4 buttons. It should take you straight to Apparel & Skin since the Familiar, Scene and Vista buttons are also on the main profile. Or scene and vista can be removed from profile and stay inside the customize button if they really want to have a catch all button.
Full support, once again :3 The 4.0 version is fantastic!
Full support, once again :3 The 4.0 version is fantastic!
edit:
Xhaztol2020-06-18 21:25:28
After having considering feedback following the launch of the Dragon Profile Revamp, we are looking to implement some changes and improvements to the feature sometime late next week. We do not have an exact time planned, but a comprehensive summary of changes will be posted when they go live.

I AM !!!!!! SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
edit:
After having considering feedback following the launch of the Dragon Profile Revamp, we are looking to implement some changes and improvements to the feature sometime late next week. We do not have an exact time planned, but a comprehensive summary of changes will be posted when they go live.

JxXWPTT.png
Coli guide
_ BjzISWz.png
FR Goals
_ 9gI0bgp.png
Art shop
_ Undying-Featherback.png
Lair map
_ Rat-King.png
Pixels
_ 4bPVjcz.png
Site
_ Venomous-Toridae.png
BBCode guide
_ WAYSTONECROPPED.gif
[quote name="Amayai" date="2020-06-19 06:51:48" ] edit: Xhaztol2020-06-18 21:25:28 After having considering feedback following the launch of the Dragon Profile Revamp, we are looking to implement some changes and improvements to the feature sometime late next week. We do not have an exact time planned, but a comprehensive summary of changes will be posted when they go live. I AM !!!!!! SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [/quote] [font=calibri]I just saw that! I'm hyped and excited to see what they've decided to change around.
Amayai wrote on 2020-06-19 06:51:48:
edit:

I just saw that! I'm hyped and excited to see what they've decided to change around.
ePOliyb.png
o7ZCFYm.png
w0wBhk1.png
8O67LBq.png
......... AnRfjMR.png ...Uwvllxw.png...
FR +9 | HE / HIM | TRANSMASC | WISHLIST
Make your crown of teeth and blood and bone
and watch as the ones you hate run back home.
...Uwvllxw.png... J1gYZgp.png
Full support for this mock up. It looks so much nicer and addresses my only nitpicks with the current profile!
Full support for this mock up. It looks so much nicer and addresses my only nitpicks with the current profile!
1 2 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32