Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Dragon Profile Layout | ARCHIVED 24/06
1 2 ... 18 19 20 21 22 ... 31 32
Version 3.0 looks good. If staff said choose a version today I'd pick this one.

@Melralis I really appreciate the time you're putting into the mockups and revisions.
Version 3.0 looks good. If staff said choose a version today I'd pick this one.

@Melralis I really appreciate the time you're putting into the mockups and revisions.
I decided to throw in my own two-cents and attempt a (poorly thrown together, excuse the mess I made it in a rush) layout suggestion: [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/4dcV8ZK.png[/img][/center] (Obviously none of it is lined up properly and buttons are mis-matched) I got rid of the battle info just because it feels so unnecessary, but more-so I just think the buttons need to be less crowded together in one single row. (Though you could just include battle info in physical info and make it a scroll box too.) I also made the like button smaller because it was annoying me. I thought that moving the dragon and energy bar would also help to place more importance on the dragon over the familiar - it helps reinforce that the familair is an attachment.
I decided to throw in my own two-cents and attempt a (poorly thrown together, excuse the mess I made it in a rush) layout suggestion:
4dcV8ZK.png

(Obviously none of it is lined up properly and buttons are mis-matched)

I got rid of the battle info just because it feels so unnecessary, but more-so I just think the buttons need to be less crowded together in one single row. (Though you could just include battle info in physical info and make it a scroll box too.)

I also made the like button smaller because it was annoying me.

I thought that moving the dragon and energy bar would also help to place more importance on the dragon over the familiar - it helps reinforce that the familair is an attachment.
Lore
Hatchery
Dream Dragons
bepadepadept line long line short boop bepepepep
VPsWmjb.gif
this is my favourite version! i don't see why the apparel needs to be featured so prominently, isn't the dragon info more important lol?

and battle info being moved to the middle just doesn't sit right with me. i like it more on the right as well. or like in @/Allstohel's mockup, remove it completely. is there really anyone that checks out other dragon's battle stats? doubt it tbh. alternatively to removing it, put the level in the dragon info box and make it clickable to pull it up.

i also really want the dragon to have more space, i don't like the familiar being so front and center. u.u
this is my favourite version! i don't see why the apparel needs to be featured so prominently, isn't the dragon info more important lol?

and battle info being moved to the middle just doesn't sit right with me. i like it more on the right as well. or like in @/Allstohel's mockup, remove it completely. is there really anyone that checks out other dragon's battle stats? doubt it tbh. alternatively to removing it, put the level in the dragon info box and make it clickable to pull it up.

i also really want the dragon to have more space, i don't like the familiar being so front and center. u.u
SXqaLwu.png

she/her
FR + 8/9
x
x
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxart shop
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxg1 sales
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxprofile dragon

I'd definitely want to keep the battle info, as I used to put that stuff in my dragon's bio (if I get a boss drop I like to keep it on the fodder trainer that killed it, unless the second boss drops as well). That said, I came to the suggestions forum because the weird outline you get when you don't have a familiar equipped just bothers me. As far as the mockup goes, the first image looks great imho. I'd either move ID to beneath the dragon's name again, or make that line into a customizable title - other than that, it's good. [emoji=fae tongue size=1]
I'd definitely want to keep the battle info, as I used to put that stuff in my dragon's bio (if I get a boss drop I like to keep it on the fodder trainer that killed it, unless the second boss drops as well).

That said, I came to the suggestions forum because the weird outline you get when you don't have a familiar equipped just bothers me. As far as the mockup goes, the first image looks great imho. I'd either move ID to beneath the dragon's name again, or make that line into a customizable title - other than that, it's good.
GIF featuring a pastel-icy colored Coatl called Sirel, who is glittering fabolously. Text next to him reads 'Others about Sirel', while the actual quote being displayed changes randomly each time the page is refreshed. Quotes: 'He's an honorary Ridgeback', -Kereth (local Ridgeback). ~ 'What does a fish-eater need 14 doves for?' -Canopy (local carnivore). ~ 'Why does he call me a Bogsnek, what's a snek?' -Kuriel (Imperial, turned Emperor, turned Imperial, turned Bogsnek). ~ 'He's not a clown, because clowns are scary', -Yoldu (doesn't like clowns). ~ 'If only he’d join the shade, we’d be unstoppable', -Nalar (the shade). ~ 'A Sirel a day keeps boredom away', -Sirel (usually after having done something foolish). ~ '0 out of 10 accomplice, keeps confessing our crimes', -Robin (in reference to the two of them stealing the Mona Lisa from Crim). ~ 'nice', -Akio (Sirel's Friend). ~ 'Don’t let him fool you into thinking he’s stupid', -Yoldu (Sirel’s fae language teacher). ~ 'This Dragon is an experience', -Merlot (Sirel's Mate). ~ '10 out of 10 would befriend again', -Verioth (Sirel's Friend). ~ 'Life without Sirel is possible, but pointless', -unknown (probably Sirel). ~ 'I knew his parents, I don't know why he's like this', -Kereth (who knew his parents and doesn't know why he's like this). ~ 'He fights like he has no idea what he's doing', -Seramore (Someone who's competent at fighting). ~ 'Where did all the glitter go?' -Eryu (Resident Clan Artist). ~ 'Please stop memeing and go to sleep', -Merlot (Sirel's Mate, tired of his shenanigans). ~ 'Please don't eat that- SIREL!!', -Malura (Resident Clan Pharmacist). ~ ...and that's all the quotes, for now! If any new ones are added, I will be sure to add them to the start of this list. Thank you for traveling with Darkfrost Memes, and have a nice day.
Darkfrost
he/him
Fae are my faeves
AnticipateEnjoyer

skits_achievement_by_starfruit_anon-dbnbwsb.png
Make your own Dragon Skits over here!
big support!! Love the idea of taking the buttons from the top, they are just so cluttered.

My only other request would be to narrow the energy and bonding bars- they are just SO BIG and could fit better in the space given if they were thinner
big support!! Love the idea of taking the buttons from the top, they are just so cluttered.

My only other request would be to narrow the energy and bonding bars- they are just SO BIG and could fit better in the space given if they were thinner
29370123p.png172210p.pnghd_onoff.giftumblr_onrm58iiVh1w2095jo2_75sq.pngtumblr_onrm58iiVh1w2095jo1_75sq.png
i may have already commented on this but oh well, @ staff PLEASE
i may have already commented on this but oh well, @ staff PLEASE
7ophKeo.png
hh5n4WA.png
G8AyR6r.png
EB9jVcQ.png
oaolHwW.png
gYW0j5f.png
6uThYLh.png
6KQB58c.png
[quote name="Allstohel" date="2020-06-09 05:32:03" ] I decided to throw in my own two-cents and attempt a (poorly thrown together, excuse the mess I made it in a rush) layout suggestion: [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/4dcV8ZK.png[/img][/center] (Obviously none of it is lined up properly and buttons are mis-matched) I got rid of the battle info just because it feels so unnecessary, but more-so I just think the buttons need to be less crowded together in one single row. (Though you could just include battle info in physical info and make it a scroll box too.) I also made the like button smaller because it was annoying me. I thought that moving the dragon and energy bar would also help to place more importance on the dragon over the familiar - it helps reinforce that the familair is an attachment. [/quote] ^^100% support, things being aligned and the buttons being stack together in the same place is what triggers my sensory processing issue the most. having things in different height and puttign buttons in differents place is way more calming for me.
Allstohel wrote on 2020-06-09 05:32:03:
I decided to throw in my own two-cents and attempt a (poorly thrown together, excuse the mess I made it in a rush) layout suggestion:
4dcV8ZK.png

I got rid of the battle info just because it feels so unnecessary, but more-so I just think the buttons need to be less crowded together in one single row. (Though you could just include battle info in physical info and make it a scroll box too.)

I thought that moving the dragon and energy bar would also help to place more importance on the dragon over the familiar - it helps reinforce that the familair is an attachment.
^^100% support, things being aligned and the buttons being stack together in the same place is what triggers my sensory processing issue the most. having things in different height and puttign buttons in differents place is way more calming for me.

neutralh5.png
[quote name="Allstohel" date="2020-06-09 05:32:03" ] I decided to throw in my own two-cents and attempt a (poorly thrown together, excuse the mess I made it in a rush) layout suggestion: [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/4dcV8ZK.png[/img][/center] (Obviously none of it is lined up properly and buttons are mis-matched) I got rid of the battle info just because it feels so unnecessary, but more-so I just think the buttons need to be less crowded together in one single row. (Though you could just include battle info in physical info and make it a scroll box too.) I also made the like button smaller because it was annoying me. I thought that moving the dragon and energy bar would also help to place more importance on the dragon over the familiar - it helps reinforce that the familair is an attachment. [/quote] Ok this has really great button placement. The bar of all the buttons rearranged this way is much easier on the eyes. I think if you lowered the energy bar so the bottom of it sits on the same line as the feed and familiar buttons would be nice too. I don't know if what we have is the max size dragon images can be, if it can go bigger it can be blown up more too to accommodate the realignment.
4dcV8ZK.png

Ok this has really great button placement. The bar of all the buttons rearranged this way is much easier on the eyes.

I think if you lowered the energy bar so the bottom of it sits on the same line as the feed and familiar buttons would be nice too. I don't know if what we have is the max size dragon images can be, if it can go bigger it can be blown up more too to accommodate the realignment.

@Allstohel I really like your version of it I'd also love it if they could add maybe a toggle that allows you to switch between battle stone/coli stuff and apparel to reduce the clutter but still allow people to see it without shoving it in the bio.
@Allstohel I really like your version of it I'd also love it if they could add maybe a toggle that allows you to switch between battle stone/coli stuff and apparel to reduce the clutter but still allow people to see it without shoving it in the bio.
[quote name="Papayatar" date="2020-06-09 07:12:33" ] [quote name="Allstohel" date="2020-06-09 05:32:03" ] I decided to throw in my own two-cents and attempt a (poorly thrown together, excuse the mess I made it in a rush) layout suggestion: [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/4dcV8ZK.png[/img][/center] (Obviously none of it is lined up properly and buttons are mis-matched) I got rid of the battle info just because it feels so unnecessary, but more-so I just think the buttons need to be less crowded together in one single row. (Though you could just include battle info in physical info and make it a scroll box too.) I also made the like button smaller because it was annoying me. I thought that moving the dragon and energy bar would also help to place more importance on the dragon over the familiar - it helps reinforce that the familair is an attachment. [/quote] Ok this has really great button placement. The bar of all the buttons rearranged this way is much easier on the eyes. I think if you lowered the energy bar so the bottom of it sits on the same line as the feed and familiar buttons would be nice too. I don't know if what we have is the max size dragon images can be, if it can go bigger it can be blown up more too to accommodate the realignment. [/quote] I really do like this idea but I feel like the Physical info and the parents etc. could be switched??? I still go straight to the right side of the page when looking for the physical info for the dragon and having it on the left feels a little confusing for me. However, I do appreciate the changes you did!
Papayatar wrote on 2020-06-09 07:12:33:
4dcV8ZK.png

Ok this has really great button placement. The bar of all the buttons rearranged this way is much easier on the eyes.

I think if you lowered the energy bar so the bottom of it sits on the same line as the feed and familiar buttons would be nice too. I don't know if what we have is the max size dragon images can be, if it can go bigger it can be blown up more too to accommodate the realignment.
I really do like this idea but I feel like the Physical info and the parents etc. could be switched??? I still go straight to the right side of the page when looking for the physical info for the dragon and having it on the left feels a little confusing for me. However, I do appreciate the changes you did!
dct6cq2-114b1547-3fa8-4b5c-94f0-0fef4947daf3.png
1 2 ... 18 19 20 21 22 ... 31 32