Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Dragon Profile Layout | ARCHIVED 24/06
1 2 ... 17 18 19 20 21 ... 31 32
I'm quite pleased with the update, as I already said in the announcement thread, but there are definitely some tweaks which could be made ;)

Moving all the buttons under the dragon and making them accordingly smaller is a great touch in my opinion, because that way the buttons aren't all over the place and the look of a dragon profile seems more cohesive. I really, REALLY hope this gets implemented.

I also, like many others, support swapping dragon info with apparel. The imbalance with apparel pieces applied to the dragon is especially apparent in ancient breeds - at the moment they don't have any boxes visible to their left and a familiar to their right makes the right side of the profile too "heavy".

I would like to suggest displaying the apparel pieces in rows of three or six. That way people who use all available spaces , but choose not to buy additional ones with gems can have an aesthetically pleasing arrangement.

My other suggestion is removing the "Report" button under other player's familiars applied to dragons. Right now it seems far to big and unnecessarily makes the profile image heavy. The button should, in my opinion, be moved somewhere else and made smaller.

I also see that the scenes were made specifically so that the dragons are at the center of the page. Maybe there is a way to display dragon and familiar both at the center? That would require altering the scenes a bit though, so I'm okay with them being left as they are now.

As for likes, I am content with the idea, so I wouldn't want the feature to be removed. This CAN be used responsibly and bring something positive to our game experience so I'd encourage everyone to see it as a cool way of appreciating the dragons we admire and not something we fight over :P
I'm quite pleased with the update, as I already said in the announcement thread, but there are definitely some tweaks which could be made ;)

Moving all the buttons under the dragon and making them accordingly smaller is a great touch in my opinion, because that way the buttons aren't all over the place and the look of a dragon profile seems more cohesive. I really, REALLY hope this gets implemented.

I also, like many others, support swapping dragon info with apparel. The imbalance with apparel pieces applied to the dragon is especially apparent in ancient breeds - at the moment they don't have any boxes visible to their left and a familiar to their right makes the right side of the profile too "heavy".

I would like to suggest displaying the apparel pieces in rows of three or six. That way people who use all available spaces , but choose not to buy additional ones with gems can have an aesthetically pleasing arrangement.

My other suggestion is removing the "Report" button under other player's familiars applied to dragons. Right now it seems far to big and unnecessarily makes the profile image heavy. The button should, in my opinion, be moved somewhere else and made smaller.

I also see that the scenes were made specifically so that the dragons are at the center of the page. Maybe there is a way to display dragon and familiar both at the center? That would require altering the scenes a bit though, so I'm okay with them being left as they are now.

As for likes, I am content with the idea, so I wouldn't want the feature to be removed. This CAN be used responsibly and bring something positive to our game experience so I'd encourage everyone to see it as a cool way of appreciating the dragons we admire and not something we fight over :P
ebO9SAq.png
this looks sleek and lovely! Definitely prefer this visually to the current look
this looks sleek and lovely! Definitely prefer this visually to the current look
myre.jpg
banner.png D2k1h2X.png 63ufpxJ.png
tQMwGmu.jpg eMpX3YA.jpg zAOFE5N.jpg
@Melrais pardon, this button over the apparell section... what is that for? If you write it somewhere I'm sorry :(

Ps: thanks for trying to make something better :)
@Melrais pardon, this button over the apparell section... what is that for? If you write it somewhere I'm sorry :(

Ps: thanks for trying to make something better :)
@Falka [quote name="Melralis" date="2020-06-08 08:55:56" ] In addition consider making the whole non-essential section below the dragon as a toggable option to give more attention back to the biography / not have it so far down. Toggable section is implied with a subtle boxed - button next to the divider.[/quote]
@Falka
Melralis wrote on 2020-06-08 08:55:56:
In addition consider making the whole non-essential section below the dragon as a toggable option to give more attention back to the biography / not have it so far down. Toggable section is implied with a subtle boxed - button next to the divider.
ePOliyb.png
o7ZCFYm.png
w0wBhk1.png
8O67LBq.png
......... AnRfjMR.png ...Uwvllxw.png...
FR +9 | HE / HIM | TRANSMASC | WISHLIST
Make your crown of teeth and blood and bone
and watch as the ones you hate run back home.
...Uwvllxw.png... J1gYZgp.png
Every time I revisit this thread, the mock up has been improved even more. I continue to support this. Big big support. All the visual issues with the current update are fixed here.

My only concern is that I know FR took away the boxes around info so that the pages would look more modern in their design. I prefer boxes, as do many players clearly. There's a lot of info on these profiles and keeping them reigned in to sections makes everything clean. But I wonder if FR would consider the reintroduction of boxes a step backwards. Hopefully they don't, because it really does look better. Or if they do, hopefully they consider one of the previous mock ups that are now linked at the top of the first post. Even without boxes, those are a huge improvement over the current version.

Edited to add a thought: I wonder if the Customize, Feed, Breed, and Report buttons would look better up top next to Sell, Exalt, and Like. Having all the actions in one place would make sense to me.

Unrelated but many have mentioned removing the giant scary Report button from under the familiar on other people's dragon profiles. YES, please. Not only is it large, it feels aggressive. Also the familiar art touches it and those linear tangents are super distracting when I visit other people's dragons. A report button should be small and at the top somewhere. Out of the way where you don't have to think about it unless you want to.
Every time I revisit this thread, the mock up has been improved even more. I continue to support this. Big big support. All the visual issues with the current update are fixed here.

My only concern is that I know FR took away the boxes around info so that the pages would look more modern in their design. I prefer boxes, as do many players clearly. There's a lot of info on these profiles and keeping them reigned in to sections makes everything clean. But I wonder if FR would consider the reintroduction of boxes a step backwards. Hopefully they don't, because it really does look better. Or if they do, hopefully they consider one of the previous mock ups that are now linked at the top of the first post. Even without boxes, those are a huge improvement over the current version.

Edited to add a thought: I wonder if the Customize, Feed, Breed, and Report buttons would look better up top next to Sell, Exalt, and Like. Having all the actions in one place would make sense to me.

Unrelated but many have mentioned removing the giant scary Report button from under the familiar on other people's dragon profiles. YES, please. Not only is it large, it feels aggressive. Also the familiar art touches it and those linear tangents are super distracting when I visit other people's dragons. A report button should be small and at the top somewhere. Out of the way where you don't have to think about it unless you want to.
6Sx7SSv.png
[quote name="Salgarthur" date="2020-06-08 09:41:54" ] [snip] Would it be possible to move the apparel down to the center of the second row and add a toggle between apparel and battle stones, just to free up some space? [snip] [/quote] I actually really like this idea. It solves the problem of people who don't want to see the coli stuff, but it's a quick click away for those who do. And keeping it just the dragon and familiar up above would really make the scenes shine even outside of Scenic Mode.
Salgarthur wrote on 2020-06-08 09:41:54:
[snip]

Would it be possible to move the apparel down to the center of the second row and add a toggle between apparel and battle stones, just to free up some space?

[snip]

I actually really like this idea. It solves the problem of people who don't want to see the coli stuff, but it's a quick click away for those who do. And keeping it just the dragon and familiar up above would really make the scenes shine even outside of Scenic Mode.
lGriifT.png
ah yes this looks good! I like this one!
ah yes this looks good! I like this one!
My pencil is my wand, my imagination my magic. I spin worlds from words and planets from pencils, for I am a writer and an artist and above all a creator.

ey/em, FR+8,
I really like this third iteration of the mockup; I don't have a lot to input other than I think in particular moving the gendered terminology back to just icons along with the rest of them is one of the best parts of it since a lot of folks (myself included) have trans/non-binary dragons and it'd be a lot less in-your-face while still retaining the in-game information for the dragon on the page somewhere. Support!
I really like this third iteration of the mockup; I don't have a lot to input other than I think in particular moving the gendered terminology back to just icons along with the rest of them is one of the best parts of it since a lot of folks (myself included) have trans/non-binary dragons and it'd be a lot less in-your-face while still retaining the in-game information for the dragon on the page somewhere. Support!
2022_fr-signature.png
VAIXATION
(vikes-ZAY-shun)
THEY/THEM/THEIRS
2022_fr-signature-margin.png
2022_fr-profile-divider-4.png
ABOUT || ART || ACCENTS
2022_fr-profile-divider-1.png
2022_fr-signature-2.png
Yeah, the third version looks very nice. Really hope staff takes some notes.
Yeah, the third version looks very nice. Really hope staff takes some notes.
(This needs to be updated but I am lazy)
I feel like the physical info next to the dragon should have a toggle button as well, saw a mockup in another thread that had a ^ button directly above the code/morphology buttons in order to show info to the left of the dragon

IMO it should only be either the familiar or the physical info showing directly next to the dragon, but not both since that still feels cluttered

(and also the ID be smaller as a subtitle again below the name, but that's just one of those nitpick things haha)
I feel like the physical info next to the dragon should have a toggle button as well, saw a mockup in another thread that had a ^ button directly above the code/morphology buttons in order to show info to the left of the dragon

IMO it should only be either the familiar or the physical info showing directly next to the dragon, but not both since that still feels cluttered

(and also the ID be smaller as a subtitle again below the name, but that's just one of those nitpick things haha)
UqHgyno.gifZInaczN.gif
1 2 ... 17 18 19 20 21 ... 31 32