Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Coli camping screen issues
1 2 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 72 73
Sure would be nice if we could at least get an acknowledgment that this is a problem and the Staff intend to do something.
Sure would be nice if we could at least get an acknowledgment that this is a problem and the Staff intend to do something.
Need a Dragon Bio? Check out my Lore Shop!
tumblr_inline_naz0azrMBD1qg78ij.png
[quote name="McAlli" date="2018-03-18 08:26:25" ] Sure would be nice if we could at least get an acknowledgment that this is a problem and the Staff intend to do something. [/quote] Agreed.
McAlli wrote on 2018-03-18 08:26:25:

Agreed.
I do love how the zoom feature just makes everything blurry, that's very helpful with the captchas /s [img]http://oi63.tinypic.com/2ake42s.jpg[/img]
I do love how the zoom feature just makes everything blurry, that's very helpful with the captchas /s

2ake42s.jpg
Support, i usually wear glasses because im nearsighted but even then it's often difficult to discern shades too close to each other and the images are so tiny, on top of them being rotated it really slows the whole process down. And no doubt it's way worse for the visually impaired and colorblind. It should at least be bigger, be set to occur every 15 battles or so minimum, and have more stark contrast/equally larger images.
Support, i usually wear glasses because im nearsighted but even then it's often difficult to discern shades too close to each other and the images are so tiny, on top of them being rotated it really slows the whole process down. And no doubt it's way worse for the visually impaired and colorblind. It should at least be bigger, be set to occur every 15 battles or so minimum, and have more stark contrast/equally larger images.
latest?cb=20140703135024.png
⊗ Max
⊗ 23
⊗ xe/they/he/she+any
⊗ fr +2

sNd5wqe.png hphjQR4.png
89NiKF4.png COSMOSIS-tiny-sepia-logo.png EDjLhcC.png egg_fire_bouncy_by_dogi_crimson-dabjwuf.gifuD7taRL.png
kCHWEjf.png6dnHKBv.png
My vision's pretty good but I still have to take what seems far too long looking at these to find the dragon.

Honestly I don't see why they felt the need for a background at all. It's the first time I've seen a captcha with one.
My vision's pretty good but I still have to take what seems far too long looking at these to find the dragon.

Honestly I don't see why they felt the need for a background at all. It's the first time I've seen a captcha with one.
textforsignature_zpsemma4mhw.pngwaterflightgif_zpsl8vxoret.gif
FR, do you even [i]look[/i] at these captcha images before approving them? These are nearly impossible to discern any dragons in. It should not take a 5 minute inspection to figure one of these things out. [img]https://i.imgur.com/ZRUw9BM.png[/img] [img]https://i.imgur.com/nCFn8xO.png[/img] Making an activity difficult for humans to do is not the same as making it difficult for bots to do. These should be designed in a way that is really easy for human players to pick out the right thing, and still difficult to program a bot to manage. Edit: ARE YOU KIDDING ME FR A purple-winged coatl rotated to identically match purple coatl-winged flowers is the absolute worst. If you're trying to make me stop using the coli and consequently this site, you are one step closer to your goal. [img]https://i.imgur.com/3j43zhM.png[/img]
FR, do you even look at these captcha images before approving them? These are nearly impossible to discern any dragons in. It should not take a 5 minute inspection to figure one of these things out.

ZRUw9BM.png

nCFn8xO.png

Making an activity difficult for humans to do is not the same as making it difficult for bots to do. These should be designed in a way that is really easy for human players to pick out the right thing, and still difficult to program a bot to manage.

Edit: ARE YOU KIDDING ME FR
A purple-winged coatl rotated to identically match purple coatl-winged flowers is the absolute worst. If you're trying to make me stop using the coli and consequently this site, you are one step closer to your goal.
3j43zhM.png
nInTqKu.png
@PinesAwait

As a suggestion, they could literally make a captcha out of 4 pictures and make the captcha "Pick the green dragon" or "Pick the Bogsneak" just like those captchas are like "Pick all the pictures with water in them". That makes it unpredictable for a bot but easy to discern for human eyes.
@PinesAwait

As a suggestion, they could literally make a captcha out of 4 pictures and make the captcha "Pick the green dragon" or "Pick the Bogsneak" just like those captchas are like "Pick all the pictures with water in them". That makes it unpredictable for a bot but easy to discern for human eyes.
[quote name="SaikiyoLuna" date="2018-02-07 16:01:12" ] Edit: Concept! Dragons and items and items are super detailed which can make them hard to see especially if they blend in. What if we used runes? They're fairly simple symbols which if in a solid color would be very easy to identify. I whipped up a quick example (don't mind the terrible art) [img]https://i.gyazo.com/7c3f89411cf1fb33e0cc8783f254438a.png[/img] With a dark outline to define the shape and a glow to obscure the background they end up looking pretty clear. Questions can be simple things like 'find the fire rune' or 'what rune is/isn't a flight element' if you need them to be a bit harder then you could do 'what element is strong/weak against ____' Even when I take off my glasses I can tell them apart due to color. So if all the runes are in very different colors (solid base, outline and glow) it should be pretty easy for most people to see. [/quote] @McAlli User @SaikiyoLuna made something actually similar to what you're pitching! I think they did a really good job of mocking up an example!
SaikiyoLuna wrote on 2018-02-07 16:01:12:

Edit: Concept!

Dragons and items and items are super detailed which can make them hard to see especially if they blend in. What if we used runes? They're fairly simple symbols which if in a solid color would be very easy to identify.

I whipped up a quick example (don't mind the terrible art)

7c3f89411cf1fb33e0cc8783f254438a.png

With a dark outline to define the shape and a glow to obscure the background they end up looking pretty clear. Questions can be simple things like 'find the fire rune' or 'what rune is/isn't a flight element' if you need them to be a bit harder then you could do 'what element is strong/weak against ____'

Even when I take off my glasses I can tell them apart due to color. So if all the runes are in very different colors (solid base, outline and glow) it should be pretty easy for most people to see.

@McAlli

User @SaikiyoLuna made something actually similar to what you're pitching! I think they did a really good job of mocking up an example!
LKUGPNw.giftumblr_inline_piazpj7mY51u2mdgr_540.pngB2gPcio.gif
@Aequorin @Undel @Xhaztol
Hey, admins! Sorry if this is a bother, but... Many, many players seem to agree that the Captchas need to be fixed, so just wanted to bring it to your attention!
@Aequorin @Undel @Xhaztol
Hey, admins! Sorry if this is a bother, but... Many, many players seem to agree that the Captchas need to be fixed, so just wanted to bring it to your attention!
60eldD0.gif
I occasionally don't get pings because of misspellings. My username is SLP (lowercase), three zeroes, and a one. You can copy and paste it if you're not sure you have it right.
If you want to talk about something troubling you, my PM box is open to everyone! Feel free to reach out whenever, and I'll get back to you as soon as I can. I'll keep what you say a secret, if you want. It's my pleasure to help out everyone I can!
xKBtilj.gif
[quote name="@PinesAwait" date="2018-03-18 18:52:41" ] [quote name="SaikiyoLuna" date="2018-02-07 16:01:12" ] Edit: Concept! Dragons and items and items are super detailed which can make them hard to see especially if they blend in. What if we used runes? They're fairly simple symbols which if in a solid color would be very easy to identify. I whipped up a quick example (don't mind the terrible art) [img]https://i.gyazo.com/7c3f89411cf1fb33e0cc8783f254438a.png[/img] With a dark outline to define the shape and a glow to obscure the background they end up looking pretty clear. Questions can be simple things like 'find the fire rune' or 'what rune is/isn't a flight element' if you need them to be a bit harder then you could do 'what element is strong/weak against ____' Even when I take off my glasses I can tell them apart due to color. So if all the runes are in very different colors (solid base, outline and glow) it should be pretty easy for most people to see. [/quote] @/McAlli User @/SaikiyoLuna made something actually similar to what you're pitching! I think they did a really good job of mocking up an example! [/quote] I don't mind the idea of using the elemental symbols instead of random images. Dragon Breeds may be easier to learn more quickly than the symbols though. Neither suggestion helps our colorblind playerbase tho. :/
@PinesAwait wrote on 2018-03-18 18:52:41:
SaikiyoLuna wrote on 2018-02-07 16:01:12:

Edit: Concept!

Dragons and items and items are super detailed which can make them hard to see especially if they blend in. What if we used runes? They're fairly simple symbols which if in a solid color would be very easy to identify.

I whipped up a quick example (don't mind the terrible art)

7c3f89411cf1fb33e0cc8783f254438a.png

With a dark outline to define the shape and a glow to obscure the background they end up looking pretty clear. Questions can be simple things like 'find the fire rune' or 'what rune is/isn't a flight element' if you need them to be a bit harder then you could do 'what element is strong/weak against ____'

Even when I take off my glasses I can tell them apart due to color. So if all the runes are in very different colors (solid base, outline and glow) it should be pretty easy for most people to see.

@/McAlli

User @/SaikiyoLuna made something actually similar to what you're pitching! I think they did a really good job of mocking up an example!

I don't mind the idea of using the elemental symbols instead of random images. Dragon Breeds may be easier to learn more quickly than the symbols though. Neither suggestion helps our colorblind playerbase tho. :/
1 2 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 72 73