Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Updated Art for Starter Breeds?
1 2 3 4
The Starter Breeds ( Fae, Guardian, Mirror, Tundra ) definitely need s new makeover some time soon.

I cannot possibly be the first one to mention my hope for an art update on dragon breeds specific to the starters. The original art is finely made, of course, but these breeds most definitely need an update on art style. Comparing the quality of art for newer/rarer dragons, as much as it is a huge request I think it would be much appreciated by the community. Many users that I've spoken to have enthused our interest in the mirror dragon breed but lack of motivation to actually invest breeding time and treasure on the flatly designed starter dragon.

Does anyone else agree with me on this or have any further thoughts or information on the art of flight rising?
The Starter Breeds ( Fae, Guardian, Mirror, Tundra ) definitely need s new makeover some time soon.

I cannot possibly be the first one to mention my hope for an art update on dragon breeds specific to the starters. The original art is finely made, of course, but these breeds most definitely need an update on art style. Comparing the quality of art for newer/rarer dragons, as much as it is a huge request I think it would be much appreciated by the community. Many users that I've spoken to have enthused our interest in the mirror dragon breed but lack of motivation to actually invest breeding time and treasure on the flatly designed starter dragon.

Does anyone else agree with me on this or have any further thoughts or information on the art of flight rising?
tumblr_o2vpc7gNFH1tyuk3oo1_500.png
@kawootie you actually are the first person I've seen to ask for an art update on the starter breeds, rather than the genes.
Along with this, you're the first person I've ever seen complain about the art style of the breeds.

I would have to say no support though- they've been out for long enough that people have adjusted fandragons, projects, and such to suit the current looks. If they were changed overnight, I HIGHLY doubt people would be very happy.

I also don't see anything wrong with their current designs? I went into the scrying workshop and compared the mirrors art with bogsneak art, I really don't see what there is to update.

I'll probably add more into this later, it's very late and I'm very tired
@kawootie you actually are the first person I've seen to ask for an art update on the starter breeds, rather than the genes.
Along with this, you're the first person I've ever seen complain about the art style of the breeds.

I would have to say no support though- they've been out for long enough that people have adjusted fandragons, projects, and such to suit the current looks. If they were changed overnight, I HIGHLY doubt people would be very happy.

I also don't see anything wrong with their current designs? I went into the scrying workshop and compared the mirrors art with bogsneak art, I really don't see what there is to update.

I'll probably add more into this later, it's very late and I'm very tired
giphy.gifp74ovv7.gifmFaXmCJ.gifgiphy.gifgiphy.gif

G1 sales

p74ovv7.gif

art shop banner
KkcUijP.png
old wc adopt gif
giphy.gif

Lewis link and G1 sales
goVYTQR.pngRsZjiBd.png

ghost hatchlings
TwEcIUG.png[/url] Ae0MsB2.png

Wishlist

B3w2s5h.jpg

Pixel Pearls

giphy.gif

SCP hatchery
1g9awbL.png
Click for Don't Starve/FR commissions! [TEMP CLOSED] (Casual collector of 6 digit dergs!)
vWYFQtR.png

wHRV9DG.jpg[/indent]
@Shinyumbreon Really? I'm a bit surprised by that actually!

My point isn't entirely focused towards the specific art style because of course so much work has been put into the dragon designs and like you said many people have dedicated their time to draw fanart with these designs. Mainly I just feel that the starter breeds having an update which added some more shading technique and detail work to layer onto the original art would be nice.

Its just seeing a comparison of earlier created dragons compared to the newly released Bogsneaks there just seems to be more development in the realism of the Bogies versus starters.
@Shinyumbreon Really? I'm a bit surprised by that actually!

My point isn't entirely focused towards the specific art style because of course so much work has been put into the dragon designs and like you said many people have dedicated their time to draw fanart with these designs. Mainly I just feel that the starter breeds having an update which added some more shading technique and detail work to layer onto the original art would be nice.

Its just seeing a comparison of earlier created dragons compared to the newly released Bogsneaks there just seems to be more development in the realism of the Bogies versus starters.
tumblr_o2vpc7gNFH1tyuk3oo1_500.png
No support. Personally, I believe the starting breeds are fine the way they are. That and I wouldn't be particularly happy if my dragons were to suddenly change.
No support. Personally, I believe the starting breeds are fine the way they are. That and I wouldn't be particularly happy if my dragons were to suddenly change.
ZryO5nF.pngW38Mj4I.pngU15OJEU.pngywWF0OY.pngZryO5nF.png
If you mean to add some shades to give them more depth, as long as it does not interfere with currently existing items (apparels, skins and accents) I have little problem with such suggestion. I'm on the fence on that.

But if you mean changes that are big enough to interfere with already existing skin/accent/whatever that would make the old ones invalid or needing updates, then definitely no. If FR doesn't have a skin system, then I can probably support such updates (a lot of other pet site do that from time to time), but the skin system cannot work around new art design unless there's a choice for players to choose between old and new designs of a dragon. Then again if the team have to go through all the trouble to make breed art updates, I'd rather them working towards new breeds.
If you mean to add some shades to give them more depth, as long as it does not interfere with currently existing items (apparels, skins and accents) I have little problem with such suggestion. I'm on the fence on that.

But if you mean changes that are big enough to interfere with already existing skin/accent/whatever that would make the old ones invalid or needing updates, then definitely no. If FR doesn't have a skin system, then I can probably support such updates (a lot of other pet site do that from time to time), but the skin system cannot work around new art design unless there's a choice for players to choose between old and new designs of a dragon. Then again if the team have to go through all the trouble to make breed art updates, I'd rather them working towards new breeds.
hatfrbanner-zps77e423a6_orig.pngpinksaphire-zpsf5iyzhbb_orig.gif
I don't think the starter breeds look any worse or different than the other breeds so I am not sure what the precedent is for wanting to change them. Is there something in specific you are referring to with the suggestion?
I don't think the starter breeds look any worse or different than the other breeds so I am not sure what the precedent is for wanting to change them. Is there something in specific you are referring to with the suggestion?
Honestly, even changing the shading significantly is going to muck up plenty of skins.
Not so much no support as 'probably infeasible'. Admins have certainly already remarked that while they don't like the male PC pose, there's no way to change it now.
Honestly, even changing the shading significantly is going to muck up plenty of skins.
Not so much no support as 'probably infeasible'. Admins have certainly already remarked that while they don't like the male PC pose, there's no way to change it now.
jYPBXj5.png4RsuN8b.pngMXNV32c.pngS7EiNKy.png
I'd rather they focus their energies on making new content, rather than replacing perfectly fine old stuff. In agreement with a lot of the things said above about the feasibility of this.
I'd rather they focus their energies on making new content, rather than replacing perfectly fine old stuff. In agreement with a lot of the things said above about the feasibility of this.
H0YTYF1.png CAgQpkV.png 7p4ZvEX.png TX13MWN.png
As long as the outline isn't changed and non of the changes to the shadow layer are too drastic I can support this.

Averything that would change the outline of the breed or the shadows too much would be breaking apparel and skins. Not only that bit changing them too much might lead the people that love them to feel like someone changed the product after it was bought. I for one would not like to see mirrors changed overly much - they are one of my favorite breeds together with skydancers and bogsneaks.
As long as the outline isn't changed and non of the changes to the shadow layer are too drastic I can support this.

Averything that would change the outline of the breed or the shadows too much would be breaking apparel and skins. Not only that bit changing them too much might lead the people that love them to feel like someone changed the product after it was bought. I for one would not like to see mirrors changed overly much - they are one of my favorite breeds together with skydancers and bogsneaks.
I would only support if the new art was optional/for purchase like a 3rd pose

However I would not recommend this as the artists would have to make the lines, the genes and every item, time that could be used making a new breed
I would only support if the new art was optional/for purchase like a 3rd pose

However I would not recommend this as the artists would have to make the lines, the genes and every item, time that could be used making a new breed
1 2 3 4