Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Updated Art for Starter Breeds?
1 2 3 4
No support, I would love an update on some old apparel but updating the art on some of the oldest breeds would be a very daunting task, I think. They'd have to do every gene, every item, every skin even. Plus this would probably divide people as well, some people would love the new art and others would hate the change and it would just be a bad time.
No support, I would love an update on some old apparel but updating the art on some of the oldest breeds would be a very daunting task, I think. They'd have to do every gene, every item, every skin even. Plus this would probably divide people as well, some people would love the new art and others would hate the change and it would just be a bad time.
Hanging by a broken thread
Not really, but I wouldn't mind updating to fix stuff like the missing front leg of male mirrors and such. But it would have to be set up so that any and all skins and accents uploaded after the art change deletes that front leg again, so as to avoid messing up the skin.
Not really, but I wouldn't mind updating to fix stuff like the missing front leg of male mirrors and such. But it would have to be set up so that any and all skins and accents uploaded after the art change deletes that front leg again, so as to avoid messing up the skin.
IMG-2023-08-05-124048.jpg
Sorry, I would much prefer that they leave existing art alone, unless there is a true mistake in it. I hate it when sites/games update old art by changing it completely because I join games for the artwork, so when they change it, they often change it in ways I dislike.

Plus, for breeds, there are so many things that are based upon the line art, so if you are talking about a line art change, such as adding the 'missing' front let (which from the pose of the mirror, might not so much as be missing but curled up close to the body as I have seen cats start stalking towards prey in that pose, with one paw curled up, and the others like that), then that is going to mess up a lot of skins and apparel, and since skins are typically bought with gems (the ability to add them to the site) this would cause a great deal of anger.
Sorry, I would much prefer that they leave existing art alone, unless there is a true mistake in it. I hate it when sites/games update old art by changing it completely because I join games for the artwork, so when they change it, they often change it in ways I dislike.

Plus, for breeds, there are so many things that are based upon the line art, so if you are talking about a line art change, such as adding the 'missing' front let (which from the pose of the mirror, might not so much as be missing but curled up close to the body as I have seen cats start stalking towards prey in that pose, with one paw curled up, and the others like that), then that is going to mess up a lot of skins and apparel, and since skins are typically bought with gems (the ability to add them to the site) this would cause a great deal of anger.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
No support too. Changing the lineart especially means skins, accents, and all clothing no longer works and needs to be re-done. That's A LOT of work. Even just changing the coloring and shading would wind up upsetting players who spent time, treasure and gems using various scrolls on their dragons. And a lot of those dragons are irreplaceable: progens, gen 1s, special dates, unique ID numbers... I have never seen anyone complain about disliking the "old art-style of the plentiful breeds" before. I also don't even support updating Iridescent and Shimmer on the plentiful breeds because of people who want them as-is. I would much rather see new breeds and genes that a revamp at this point in FR's lifespan.
No support too. Changing the lineart especially means skins, accents, and all clothing no longer works and needs to be re-done. That's A LOT of work. Even just changing the coloring and shading would wind up upsetting players who spent time, treasure and gems using various scrolls on their dragons. And a lot of those dragons are irreplaceable: progens, gen 1s, special dates, unique ID numbers... I have never seen anyone complain about disliking the "old art-style of the plentiful breeds" before. I also don't even support updating Iridescent and Shimmer on the plentiful breeds because of people who want them as-is. I would much rather see new breeds and genes that a revamp at this point in FR's lifespan.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
There is no way to change this now. Not only would this take a long time to implement (And new breeds wouldn't be released while this was happening), but people's dragons would be completely changed and nobody would be impressed. This would also ruin many skins and accents. Even changing the shading might ruin people's dragons.

I don't see why this would be needed.
There is no way to change this now. Not only would this take a long time to implement (And new breeds wouldn't be released while this was happening), but people's dragons would be completely changed and nobody would be impressed. This would also ruin many skins and accents. Even changing the shading might ruin people's dragons.

I don't see why this would be needed.
As someone who really likes the starter breeds and has several of them in my lair, I really don't want to see them changed. There's nothing wrong with them. They don't need to be changed.
As someone who really likes the starter breeds and has several of them in my lair, I really don't want to see them changed. There's nothing wrong with them. They don't need to be changed.
I've never seen this suggestion before either, but I have to go with No Support. The starter breeds are fine and I appreciate their artwork.
I've never seen this suggestion before either, but I have to go with No Support. The starter breeds are fine and I appreciate their artwork.
Light-and-Shadow-Bonsai.png
No support. Tundra and Guardians are two of my favorite breeds I would be unhappy if anything changed their loveliness.
No support. Tundra and Guardians are two of my favorite breeds I would be unhappy if anything changed their loveliness.
Stuff will one day go here.
A lot of people love the way the old starters look, me included. Guardians have my favorite pose next to male Imps and the way that apparel layers on them is different than the way it layers on other breeds. If someone were to change the pose, I probably wouldn't enjoy them as much. People have spent plenty of money and time geneing, dressing, and finding the perfect accent for the starter dragons. I wouldn't even support shading adjustments, since that might mess with the accents that I've spent time trying to find.

No support. It's been like this for 3 years. This isn't like updating MP apparel which is cheap and can be removed/changed easily. This isn't like updating item art, which you can only pretty much see in your hoard. This would be changing avatar dragons, dragons that people have probably put time and effort and money (real and fake) into getting the perfect dragon because THEY love the way that the art looks. Having it changed would be a huge slap in the face.
A lot of people love the way the old starters look, me included. Guardians have my favorite pose next to male Imps and the way that apparel layers on them is different than the way it layers on other breeds. If someone were to change the pose, I probably wouldn't enjoy them as much. People have spent plenty of money and time geneing, dressing, and finding the perfect accent for the starter dragons. I wouldn't even support shading adjustments, since that might mess with the accents that I've spent time trying to find.

No support. It's been like this for 3 years. This isn't like updating MP apparel which is cheap and can be removed/changed easily. This isn't like updating item art, which you can only pretty much see in your hoard. This would be changing avatar dragons, dragons that people have probably put time and effort and money (real and fake) into getting the perfect dragon because THEY love the way that the art looks. Having it changed would be a huge slap in the face.
uCR5SCW.png
I would like irishim to be updated/recolored on starter breeds with pre-wheel-expansion colors. That looks dated. Everything else looks fine, and I would need an explanation of what you think doesn't match the art style, because I do not see it.
I would like irishim to be updated/recolored on starter breeds with pre-wheel-expansion colors. That looks dated. Everything else looks fine, and I would need an explanation of what you think doesn't match the art style, because I do not see it.
1 2 3 4