Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Change a Nest's Element
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 27 28
@DragonSage, I haven't read through the entire thread and replies, so I apologize if this has already been suggested, but your topic reminded me of a suggestion I made to a friend earlier:

What if there was a (luxury) marketplace item like the scatterscroll to randomly scatter your nest's element for a single breeding? Not as expensive, since the scatterscroll's effects are permanent, but a thrill for those who like a random draw!
@DragonSage, I haven't read through the entire thread and replies, so I apologize if this has already been suggested, but your topic reminded me of a suggestion I made to a friend earlier:

What if there was a (luxury) marketplace item like the scatterscroll to randomly scatter your nest's element for a single breeding? Not as expensive, since the scatterscroll's effects are permanent, but a thrill for those who like a random draw!
FMoJ9vk.png heyZH2H.png mTAp2ld.png
OuP0IWM.png rUoKR6y.png zl1ZGZ2.png
RUGBzP5.png wDSzx9S.png vTXnFX4.png
Wanted to suggest something. But I was thinking of those fertility statues. [Item=Clay Fertility Statue] [Item=Stone Fertility Statue] You would need to combine them with some Runestones [Item=Fire Runestone] for example and then you would get an Imbued fertility Statue. In this example it would be a blessed fertility statue of the Flamecaller. You can then attach this statue to your nest. On the nest page you can actually see the statue near/in the nest and the nest appearance changes (either completely or accented) I am nature flight and my nest looks like this: [img]http://i1235.photobucket.com/albums/ff430/Malackai/Flight%20Rising/Nest_forest3_zps875f59e2.png[/img] if you go the accented way you will end up with the following: take the flame caller statue. My nest would have some scorched earth and maybe the tree stump would look burned with some fire cracks in it etc. And maybe the eggs would be colored slightly differently. However I think this would be a lot of work so maybe just something simpler and just use the current nest graphics with only the statue added. Depending on the type of statue you use it would determine the success rate to give the flight color eyes and the chance of breaking. So for example the if you would imbue the clay version it has a low chance of giving the (flights eyes) and has high chance of breaking. Right now there seem to be 2 different statues maybe add some better ranked statues like Iron, wood, platinum, gold, etc The gold one for example would be hard to make, You would need the statue, Some ores (like gold) perhaps even some gems (rubies,sapphires,emeralds etc) and quite an amount of rune stones. It would have the same success rate as the rank below or perhaps even lower but the advantage is that its would be unbreakable (maybe add some recharge time or you need to apply some rune stones to make it usable again). Btw the success rate is calculated per egg so if you have a 4 egg nest its still possible to get 2/2 ,1/3, etc eye colors of your own flight And yes like other posters above me already mentioned while it might not make complete sense lore wise it might still provide an interested twist in breeding. And while you can indeed try to find a reliable person with the specific nest or try to find that dragon. Its still risky. I think FR doesn't really take responsibility with studding or even sending dragons over to an other person so you always have that risk and some people simply don't like to take that risk. Plus there are some people who mainly breed with their progs and you cant send those over to begin with. For me personally something like this would simply mean a more interesting way to breed and start little projects this way it has some collecting and some crafting going on and simply spices things up. Plus in the end its still RNG based and without the specific flight nest its still gamble. Just my 2 Treasure. edit i actually had an other idea as well but i noticed @GreenRoc also mentioned it as well about the nest away from home: [quote]suggest: instead of changing the nest's element, lore could suggest two dragons (while seen in one's lair) went to another area for a dragon vacation (little romance away from home) and laid eggs in a hotel/nest away from home. The babies came out as the element of the land they are visiting. There. Lorewise, I'd think that work. Little brood hatched away from home in a nest of another element. I suggest this, with another quote I agree with "I love my flight and element a lot, and do not want to change it - on another, I don't always like the Water eyes. If I were able to haul one nest over to Ice or Plague, it would be one less heartache for me!"[/quote] How about that empty spot on the trade post (can be some kind of dragon "vacation agency") you need to pay a fee to send them on "vacation", but you can choose the "area" they will stay in and that results in a nest with the area's flight colors. About the people with lore lore is not something static it tend to evolve most of the time. There can even be some unexplored land or island (sky island) where the flight magics don't reach therefor resulting in a neutral nesting place. Include the "condensed magic stones" or even the fertility stone suggestion I made and it can easily result in a specific flight nest. Make the nest unlockable as a long quest chain in combination with crafting (seeing they will implement questing eventually) and it can be for everyone and not just the "Rich people" There are so many options :D
Wanted to suggest something. But I was thinking of those fertility statues.

Clay Fertility Statue
Stone Fertility Statue

You would need to combine them with some Runestones
Fire Runestone for example and then you would get an Imbued fertility Statue.
In this example it would be a blessed fertility statue of the Flamecaller.

You can then attach this statue to your nest. On the nest page you can actually see the statue near/in the nest and the nest appearance changes (either completely or accented) I am nature flight and my nest looks like this:
Nest_forest3_zps875f59e2.png

if you go the accented way you will end up with the following: take the flame caller statue. My nest would have some scorched earth and maybe the tree stump would look burned with some fire cracks in it etc. And maybe the eggs would be colored slightly differently.

However I think this would be a lot of work so maybe just something simpler and just use the current nest graphics with only the statue added.

Depending on the type of statue you use it would determine the success rate to give the flight color eyes and the chance of breaking.
So for example the if you would imbue the clay version it has a low chance of giving the (flights eyes) and has high chance of breaking.
Right now there seem to be 2 different statues maybe add some better ranked statues like Iron, wood, platinum, gold, etc

The gold one for example would be hard to make, You would need the statue, Some ores (like gold) perhaps even some gems (rubies,sapphires,emeralds etc) and quite an amount of rune stones. It would have the same success rate as the rank below or perhaps even lower but the advantage is that its would be unbreakable (maybe add some recharge time or you need to apply some rune stones to make it usable again).

Btw the success rate is calculated per egg so if you have a 4 egg nest its still possible to get 2/2 ,1/3, etc eye colors of your own flight

And yes like other posters above me already mentioned while it might not make complete sense lore wise it might still provide an interested twist in breeding.

And while you can indeed try to find a reliable person with the specific nest or try to find that dragon. Its still risky.
I think FR doesn't really take responsibility with studding or even sending dragons over to an other person so you always have that risk and some people simply don't like to take that risk. Plus there are some people who mainly breed with their progs and you cant send those over to begin with.

For me personally something like this would simply mean a more interesting way to breed and start little projects this way it has some collecting and some crafting going on
and simply spices things up. Plus in the end its still RNG based and without the specific flight nest its still gamble.

Just my 2 Treasure.

edit i actually had an other idea as well but i noticed @GreenRoc also mentioned it as well
about the nest away from home:
Quote:
suggest: instead of changing the nest's element, lore could suggest two dragons (while seen in one's lair) went to another area for a dragon vacation (little romance away from home) and laid eggs in a hotel/nest away from home. The babies came out as the element of the land they are visiting. There. Lorewise, I'd think that work. Little brood hatched away from home in a nest of another element. I suggest this, with another quote I agree with
"I love my flight and element a lot, and do not want to change it - on another, I don't always like the Water eyes. If I were able to haul one nest over to Ice or Plague, it would be one less heartache for me!"

How about that empty spot on the trade post (can be some kind of dragon "vacation agency")
you need to pay a fee to send them on "vacation", but you can choose the "area" they will stay in and that results in a nest with the area's flight colors.

About the people with lore lore is not something static it tend to evolve most of the time. There can even be some unexplored land or island (sky island) where the flight magics don't reach therefor resulting in a neutral nesting place. Include the "condensed magic stones" or even the fertility stone suggestion I made and it can easily result in a specific flight nest. Make the nest unlockable as a long quest chain in combination with crafting (seeing they will implement questing eventually) and it can be for everyone and not just the "Rich people"

There are so many options :D
CrystalforestBanner_zps9da0837a-1.png
[quote]the purpose and design intent of breeding in Flight Rising was to allow players to create the dragons that they're going to love and be happy about, and reach personal goals for colors and patterns.[/quote] *sigh* I'm disappointed (or some unhappy feeling) when reading this quote above. What is their idea of the method of getting desired eyecolor (considering lending of dragons is not supported)? My personal goal for eyecolor is to hatch white(Ice) eyes in my own lair. I can't reach my goal, unless things change.
Quote:
the purpose and design intent of breeding in Flight Rising was to allow players to create the dragons that they're going to love and be happy about, and reach personal goals for colors and patterns.

*sigh* I'm disappointed (or some unhappy feeling) when reading this quote above.

What is their idea of the method of getting desired eyecolor (considering lending of dragons is not supported)?

My personal goal for eyecolor is to hatch white(Ice) eyes in my own lair.
I can't reach my goal, unless things change.
I GREATLY support this idea, mainly because I am in grave need of some elemental variety in my lair, for Coliseum battles. I try scavenging and buying hatchlings of the elements I want/need, but the choices are very limited and so are my funds... plus with scavenged eggs you can only get the base breeds with no genes; I'd love to have some say in what I get, hence breeding my dragons.
I don't have any friends in elemental Flights I need, and I tend to be wary of lending things out to strangers (plus it's apparently frowned upon-- ohmy), especially my prize dragons that I want to breed.
I love @Malackai's idea of combining Fertility Statues and Runestones for a charged statue or something, and if this wasn't a Swipp item, then maybe once the team gets the proposed Crafting system in play?
and I think the whole 'sacrificing an egg' thing might be flawed... if you're unlucky and only get one egg, what then? I think that for the item to have any effect, you need to have at least one empty space in your nest, and if you get incredibly lucky (or unlucky in this case) the eggs will 'bump' the item out of the nest, and maybe run the risk of breaking it? like:
"_____ and _____ are now the proud parents of 5 eggs. They are resting safely in your nesting grounds. But your (item name) was jostled out of the nest, and was broken!"
or something along those lines. it could easily be a Gem item, similar to the Scatterscroll for people who are feeling lucky ;)
I GREATLY support this idea, mainly because I am in grave need of some elemental variety in my lair, for Coliseum battles. I try scavenging and buying hatchlings of the elements I want/need, but the choices are very limited and so are my funds... plus with scavenged eggs you can only get the base breeds with no genes; I'd love to have some say in what I get, hence breeding my dragons.
I don't have any friends in elemental Flights I need, and I tend to be wary of lending things out to strangers (plus it's apparently frowned upon-- ohmy), especially my prize dragons that I want to breed.
I love @Malackai's idea of combining Fertility Statues and Runestones for a charged statue or something, and if this wasn't a Swipp item, then maybe once the team gets the proposed Crafting system in play?
and I think the whole 'sacrificing an egg' thing might be flawed... if you're unlucky and only get one egg, what then? I think that for the item to have any effect, you need to have at least one empty space in your nest, and if you get incredibly lucky (or unlucky in this case) the eggs will 'bump' the item out of the nest, and maybe run the risk of breaking it? like:
"_____ and _____ are now the proud parents of 5 eggs. They are resting safely in your nesting grounds. But your (item name) was jostled out of the nest, and was broken!"
or something along those lines. it could easily be a Gem item, similar to the Scatterscroll for people who are feeling lucky ;)
they/them, FR Time +3
lightning_1.png Abandoned Your Post
You weren't that good of a security guard, anyway. You'll miss the donuts in the breakroom, though...
By taking an 'egg slot' it means that the maximum number of eggs you could have in a different species clutch is 4, because the item would take the fifth spot. Basically the nest has 4 or 5 spots depending on if its a mixed clutch or same breed clutch; the item would take the highest spot; so only if the RNG rolled the highest possible number would you 'lose' an egg
By taking an 'egg slot' it means that the maximum number of eggs you could have in a different species clutch is 4, because the item would take the fifth spot. Basically the nest has 4 or 5 spots depending on if its a mixed clutch or same breed clutch; the item would take the highest spot; so only if the RNG rolled the highest possible number would you 'lose' an egg
3DS Friend Code: 5300-9941-4980
#UnnamedIsValid .:. Nature Sales Thread .:. Strider Subspecies
Even though flight changes are possible now; I still think that this would be a good idea. I've seen several people say they are happy with their flight but want different eye colors and don't want to rely on others or risk their dragons in renting a nest
Even though flight changes are possible now; I still think that this would be a good idea. I've seen several people say they are happy with their flight but want different eye colors and don't want to rely on others or risk their dragons in renting a nest
Hmm, tentative support for a Swip Swap item. Maybe an unhatched egg of that element + large number of flight runestones that makes an item used like a boon so it only goes into effect ONCE, so you don't permanently have, say, an arcane nest in a lightning lair.

On the other hand, it really doesn't make sense from a lore standpoint, so you'd have to come up with something REALLY COMPELLING to make this work in that sense.

It's safer than sending two potentially expensive dragons to someone you don't know in another flight just to get the perfect eyes though.
Hmm, tentative support for a Swip Swap item. Maybe an unhatched egg of that element + large number of flight runestones that makes an item used like a boon so it only goes into effect ONCE, so you don't permanently have, say, an arcane nest in a lightning lair.

On the other hand, it really doesn't make sense from a lore standpoint, so you'd have to come up with something REALLY COMPELLING to make this work in that sense.

It's safer than sending two potentially expensive dragons to someone you don't know in another flight just to get the perfect eyes though.
*Now a member of Ice Flight*
I still support this.

Aside from my Ice eyes, I also desire Green (Wind) eyes for my Danny Phantom theme, and my BFF desires both Sith and Albino eyes.

My BFF changed herself to Fire, and we asked her mom and uncle to switch to Arcane and Plague for the Albino eyes.

But not everyone has friends and family members that can be trusted.

Lore, Lore, I'll be blunt: Lore can eat my shorts.
*deletes rant*
If Lore didn't interfere with my breeding desires, I'd have more respect for this Lore.

In closing, I support this idea, so I can get Wind eyes on my "Halfas" without loaning my precious breeders to another lair (or waiting 6 months for another flight change).
*Now a member of Ice Flight*
I still support this.

Aside from my Ice eyes, I also desire Green (Wind) eyes for my Danny Phantom theme, and my BFF desires both Sith and Albino eyes.

My BFF changed herself to Fire, and we asked her mom and uncle to switch to Arcane and Plague for the Albino eyes.

But not everyone has friends and family members that can be trusted.

Lore, Lore, I'll be blunt: Lore can eat my shorts.
*deletes rant*
If Lore didn't interfere with my breeding desires, I'd have more respect for this Lore.

In closing, I support this idea, so I can get Wind eyes on my "Halfas" without loaning my precious breeders to another lair (or waiting 6 months for another flight change).
i would rather have it that you once could change the dragon in your lair eyecolor.

And if you choosed a pair with different eyecolor then the baibes would come out
with either one eye color or the other..

Kinda like the color wheels works for primary/second/tert

you should only be able to do this once pr dragon, or maybe with the same half year cooldown as the lair change. First time free; next time 1500 gems PR dragon... and the dragon you choosed to change eyecolor on would be bond to your lair... so you could not make a profit from it

I would LOOOVe being able to choose the color of some of my dragons eyes and it seams to matter a great deal on ah for some ppl.

i dont know how it would be implemented though..
i would rather have it that you once could change the dragon in your lair eyecolor.

And if you choosed a pair with different eyecolor then the baibes would come out
with either one eye color or the other..

Kinda like the color wheels works for primary/second/tert

you should only be able to do this once pr dragon, or maybe with the same half year cooldown as the lair change. First time free; next time 1500 gems PR dragon... and the dragon you choosed to change eyecolor on would be bond to your lair... so you could not make a profit from it

I would LOOOVe being able to choose the color of some of my dragons eyes and it seams to matter a great deal on ah for some ppl.

i dont know how it would be implemented though..
NO LONGER ACTIVE.

I LEFT FR AND GIVEN AWAY MY STUFF.
The way the issue with the lore can be solved is by having the item be a concentrated element. With that item in the nest, the influence of the element's magic is stronger than the ambient elemental magic so the eggs in the nest absorb the item's magic.

@Taarnfalk the eye color reflects the element of the dragon as such you run into issues if you change the element of an already existing dragon since certain battle stones and abilities are only available to dragons of a certain element. Changing the element of the nest will bypass any potential conflicts of changing the element of a dragon.
The way the issue with the lore can be solved is by having the item be a concentrated element. With that item in the nest, the influence of the element's magic is stronger than the ambient elemental magic so the eggs in the nest absorb the item's magic.

@Taarnfalk the eye color reflects the element of the dragon as such you run into issues if you change the element of an already existing dragon since certain battle stones and abilities are only available to dragons of a certain element. Changing the element of the nest will bypass any potential conflicts of changing the element of a dragon.
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 27 28