Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Change a Nest's Element
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 27 28
I know many people have said they wish to change their flight; one of the most common reasons behind their reasons on wanting to switch flights is the fact that dragon eye color is determined by the nest type. This idea would allow those players to be able to temporarily change one of their nests to another element. If something like this was added; only one nest in the lair should be allowed to be changed at a time.

A way to change a nest's element would allow players the ability to breed for eye-color without having to resort to the unsupported and potentially risky business of renting a nest.

There would an item 'concentrated [element] magic' that could be placed inside the nest that would change the element. Since the item is 'concentrated [element] magic' its influence over the eggs in the nest is greater than the rest of the area's magic, meaning the eggs absorb that elemental magic. Items could be one use (which is preferable) or semi-permanent items which would have a break rate could be around 25%. In cases of semi-permanent items they should probably need to be charged (elemental runes?)

There could be several ways it could be introduced (heck perhaps it could be available via multiple routes).
  • Gem item (Around 50-75 gems so its easily accessible to everyone)
  • If Fayd's Exalt Overhaul is introduced, the item could be a grace reward and players could sell/trade it amongst themselves to get different element
  • Coli drop item or gather item
  • Swipp swap item and/or Baldwin's Brew
  • Moderately priced treasure item

My personal preference is a Baldwin Brew or a Treasure Marketplace item as either of these would be a way to remove treasure from the economy. As a Baldwin Brew it would have a time investment but be always available assuming you are at the correct level to brew it while as a Treasure Marketplace is accessible to everyone but is reliant on it stocking when you are on

Another option is, instead of changing an existing nest, perhaps there could be a way to unlock a nest outside of the maximum five (essentially outside of your flight's territory). If this route was taken, it should probably be a quest type thing to unlock the nest

Other Players Suggestions
  • Provide an official way to rent nests. This could be via an NPC or through a player to player mechanism. An NPC would probably be easiest to code as player to player would need additional coding to prevent a player's nest from being put into permanent limbo if the renter disappears. - suggested by numerous players. There's some interesting discussion on this on pages 16-19
  • The item would have to be added to the nest before the breeding takes place and can't be removed while the eggs are in the nest taking an egg slot [suggested by Praeses]
  • Praeses also suggests that it have a 1 in 3 chance of changing an egg's element to its element. If the item was a one use item then all of the eggs in the nest would be changed to the item's element
  • A gem item that would randomly scatter a nest's element suggested by Emothy

Other Notes and Explanations
The admins have said something along the lines of they do not approve of borrowing dragons (and thus studding/nest sharing) will not intervene in the case something goes wrong as it is taken at a players own risk. A way to change a nest's element would provide a safe and secure method to breed for eye color

Since there is no official way to stud and I believe its been stated they have no plans on adding such, its even less likely they will provide a way to rent a nest and from a lore standpoint renting a nest is even trickier than changing a nest's element since renting a nest would mean that a rival clan would have to grant permission for two dragons to use one of their nests while adding an item to the nest could be interpreted as the parents giving their future hatchlings an edge by giving them something that stands out from the rest of the dragons being hatched in that clan.

For the players saying this will make the economy more stagnant, this idea will make dragons more desirable because of the matching eyes, which should actually encourage more sales. It would also help the game since one of the reasons players switch flights is because they dislike the eye color or it doesn't match with their breeding plans, with this idea since players aren't limited to the flight eye color they may decide to stay in the flight they initially joined because its a better fit lore wise. (IE there may be less players moving due to eye color concerns)
I know many people have said they wish to change their flight; one of the most common reasons behind their reasons on wanting to switch flights is the fact that dragon eye color is determined by the nest type. This idea would allow those players to be able to temporarily change one of their nests to another element. If something like this was added; only one nest in the lair should be allowed to be changed at a time.

A way to change a nest's element would allow players the ability to breed for eye-color without having to resort to the unsupported and potentially risky business of renting a nest.

There would an item 'concentrated [element] magic' that could be placed inside the nest that would change the element. Since the item is 'concentrated [element] magic' its influence over the eggs in the nest is greater than the rest of the area's magic, meaning the eggs absorb that elemental magic. Items could be one use (which is preferable) or semi-permanent items which would have a break rate could be around 25%. In cases of semi-permanent items they should probably need to be charged (elemental runes?)

There could be several ways it could be introduced (heck perhaps it could be available via multiple routes).
  • Gem item (Around 50-75 gems so its easily accessible to everyone)
  • If Fayd's Exalt Overhaul is introduced, the item could be a grace reward and players could sell/trade it amongst themselves to get different element
  • Coli drop item or gather item
  • Swipp swap item and/or Baldwin's Brew
  • Moderately priced treasure item

My personal preference is a Baldwin Brew or a Treasure Marketplace item as either of these would be a way to remove treasure from the economy. As a Baldwin Brew it would have a time investment but be always available assuming you are at the correct level to brew it while as a Treasure Marketplace is accessible to everyone but is reliant on it stocking when you are on

Another option is, instead of changing an existing nest, perhaps there could be a way to unlock a nest outside of the maximum five (essentially outside of your flight's territory). If this route was taken, it should probably be a quest type thing to unlock the nest

Other Players Suggestions
  • Provide an official way to rent nests. This could be via an NPC or through a player to player mechanism. An NPC would probably be easiest to code as player to player would need additional coding to prevent a player's nest from being put into permanent limbo if the renter disappears. - suggested by numerous players. There's some interesting discussion on this on pages 16-19
  • The item would have to be added to the nest before the breeding takes place and can't be removed while the eggs are in the nest taking an egg slot [suggested by Praeses]
  • Praeses also suggests that it have a 1 in 3 chance of changing an egg's element to its element. If the item was a one use item then all of the eggs in the nest would be changed to the item's element
  • A gem item that would randomly scatter a nest's element suggested by Emothy

Other Notes and Explanations
The admins have said something along the lines of they do not approve of borrowing dragons (and thus studding/nest sharing) will not intervene in the case something goes wrong as it is taken at a players own risk. A way to change a nest's element would provide a safe and secure method to breed for eye color

Since there is no official way to stud and I believe its been stated they have no plans on adding such, its even less likely they will provide a way to rent a nest and from a lore standpoint renting a nest is even trickier than changing a nest's element since renting a nest would mean that a rival clan would have to grant permission for two dragons to use one of their nests while adding an item to the nest could be interpreted as the parents giving their future hatchlings an edge by giving them something that stands out from the rest of the dragons being hatched in that clan.

For the players saying this will make the economy more stagnant, this idea will make dragons more desirable because of the matching eyes, which should actually encourage more sales. It would also help the game since one of the reasons players switch flights is because they dislike the eye color or it doesn't match with their breeding plans, with this idea since players aren't limited to the flight eye color they may decide to stay in the flight they initially joined because its a better fit lore wise. (IE there may be less players moving due to eye color concerns)
3DS Friend Code: 5300-9941-4980
#UnnamedIsValid .:. Nature Sales Thread .:. Strider Subspecies
Support for the Swip Swap version of this idea. I like the idea that it would take an unhatched egg of the same element to make it.
What sounds the most interesting to me would be that the item has a 1 in 3 chance of changing the element of an egg, and would have to be incorporated into the nest before breeding time (perhaps using a slot). If done this way, it should be a multi-use item with a chance to break (maybe 10-20% each time it successfully changes the element of an egg) and be locked into a nest until the babies are hatched.
Support for the Swip Swap version of this idea. I like the idea that it would take an unhatched egg of the same element to make it.
What sounds the most interesting to me would be that the item has a 1 in 3 chance of changing the element of an egg, and would have to be incorporated into the nest before breeding time (perhaps using a slot). If done this way, it should be a multi-use item with a chance to break (maybe 10-20% each time it successfully changes the element of an egg) and be locked into a nest until the babies are hatched.
Shining Light Store Selling dragons. Closed for now.
I support it! I'm not entirely sure of the mechanics that should be behind it - though sacrificing an egg or a slot for an egg sounds good so far, but if you could have a chance at having a clutch be a different element, I think that'd help a lot of the grumbling about dragon eye color.
I support it! I'm not entirely sure of the mechanics that should be behind it - though sacrificing an egg or a slot for an egg sounds good so far, but if you could have a chance at having a clutch be a different element, I think that'd help a lot of the grumbling about dragon eye color.
unOOPnZ.png
Signature image by the lovely Cactusbat
I'm not all that comfortable with this idea. Your flight's element is your clan's element. I don't think it should be up to change what element the babies your nests are making.

No support.
I'm not all that comfortable with this idea. Your flight's element is your clan's element. I don't think it should be up to change what element the babies your nests are making.

No support.
No support; It would make absolutely no sense lore-wise. The element of the egg is dependent upon the magic it absorbs. It isn't the NEST that changes the element, it's where you LIVE. the magic in the air is what makes your baby a certain type.

Not to mention staff want to encourage trading dragons :/ if you want a dragon of a certain element, you have to trade for it.
Sorry, but this is one of those things we don't need at all.
No support; It would make absolutely no sense lore-wise. The element of the egg is dependent upon the magic it absorbs. It isn't the NEST that changes the element, it's where you LIVE. the magic in the air is what makes your baby a certain type.

Not to mention staff want to encourage trading dragons :/ if you want a dragon of a certain element, you have to trade for it.
Sorry, but this is one of those things we don't need at all.
33955360_ee9nt9Y6Z9u7RpD.gif
No support. This really doesn't make any sense at all.
No support. This really doesn't make any sense at all.
If you really want another eyecolour for the hatchings, you could try and borrow a nest over at a friend in the desired flight.
If you really want another eyecolour for the hatchings, you could try and borrow a nest over at a friend in the desired flight.
Lore wise, the item could be 'concentrated element magic' so its influence over the eggs in the nest is greater than the rest of the area's magic.

Borrowing a nest involves the inherent risk that the person you are sending the dragons to keeps them/
Lore wise, the item could be 'concentrated element magic' so its influence over the eggs in the nest is greater than the rest of the area's magic.

Borrowing a nest involves the inherent risk that the person you are sending the dragons to keeps them/
3DS Friend Code: 5300-9941-4980
#UnnamedIsValid .:. Nature Sales Thread .:. Strider Subspecies
support! love this idea :)
I regret my decision to join the nature flight, because i recognize that all my babies will have green eyes - i like green and nature, but in my view it's not fitting to the lavender/purple/blue dragons I will breed...
support! love this idea :)
I regret my decision to join the nature flight, because i recognize that all my babies will have green eyes - i like green and nature, but in my view it's not fitting to the lavender/purple/blue dragons I will breed...
euCuA3M.png
No support, there is a reason for the eyes being the color they are. It encourages trading and making friends (Through nest borrowing, gotta have someone you can trust). I can understand the desire for this idea, but honestly I think there's other ways around changing your dragons eye color.

Such as high priced contacts for if you have a permanent member of your flight of ANY element that you want to change. Obviously they would have to be a shade different from the normal elements.

IE:
Plague: Darker red
Nature: Lighter Green
Ice: Grayish white

And so on. :3
No support, there is a reason for the eyes being the color they are. It encourages trading and making friends (Through nest borrowing, gotta have someone you can trust). I can understand the desire for this idea, but honestly I think there's other ways around changing your dragons eye color.

Such as high priced contacts for if you have a permanent member of your flight of ANY element that you want to change. Obviously they would have to be a shade different from the normal elements.

IE:
Plague: Darker red
Nature: Lighter Green
Ice: Grayish white

And so on. :3
~For the great Lady of Light~
473365pathtotruth.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 27 28