Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Change a Nest's Element
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 27 28
Eye color is becoming increasingly important to people, and nest rental is not 100% safe -- the admins have said that if we send our dragons away, it's at our own risk. I would love a way to enchant one of my own nests to be of a different element, either for one breeding or permanently, and I would pay gems for it.
Eye color is becoming increasingly important to people, and nest rental is not 100% safe -- the admins have said that if we send our dragons away, it's at our own risk. I would love a way to enchant one of my own nests to be of a different element, either for one breeding or permanently, and I would pay gems for it.
I would love for this to be possible!

One Ice nest, one Lightning, keep two Fire or maybe make one Light... Maybe finally buy that fifth one and make it Wind or something... Damn, I want this.

I think it'd be great for the community, too - it'd make more people choose Flights based or lore or community rather than stick to Flights they're not fond of because they like the eye color! Personally I'd love to get in on all of Lightning's spreadsheets, but I like Fire eyes too much. XD
I would love for this to be possible!

One Ice nest, one Lightning, keep two Fire or maybe make one Light... Maybe finally buy that fifth one and make it Wind or something... Damn, I want this.

I think it'd be great for the community, too - it'd make more people choose Flights based or lore or community rather than stick to Flights they're not fond of because they like the eye color! Personally I'd love to get in on all of Lightning's spreadsheets, but I like Fire eyes too much. XD
I strongly support this. I especially like the suggestion of a one-time-use item - probably a gem item, possibly priced similarly to boons and scatterscrolls - that would change the element of a nest for one breeding, with the in-game justification being that it causes a strong burst of elemental energy that affects the eggs or something. I think that would be sufficiently limited that it wouldn't be overpowered while still providing a function that a lot of people want.

As it is, if you want dragons of an element that isn't your flight's element you have three options:
1) Hope that someone in that flight just happens to be breeding exactly what you want and will sell it to you, which is by no means guaranteed. Plus even if they are it might be hard to find since you can't search dragons by element.
2) Change flights, which you can only do once every six months and which would be a pretty extreme move if all you wanted was just one or two dragons of a certain element.
3) Rent a nest, which is not officially supported.

I really want character dragons of certain elements (and a wide variety of elements, so I can't just change flights), but nest rental makes me anxious and isn't supported anyway. I would use the heck out of an item that temporarily changes the element of a nest. I honestly think that this is an important feature that would really increase my and other peoples' enjoyment of this game.
I strongly support this. I especially like the suggestion of a one-time-use item - probably a gem item, possibly priced similarly to boons and scatterscrolls - that would change the element of a nest for one breeding, with the in-game justification being that it causes a strong burst of elemental energy that affects the eggs or something. I think that would be sufficiently limited that it wouldn't be overpowered while still providing a function that a lot of people want.

As it is, if you want dragons of an element that isn't your flight's element you have three options:
1) Hope that someone in that flight just happens to be breeding exactly what you want and will sell it to you, which is by no means guaranteed. Plus even if they are it might be hard to find since you can't search dragons by element.
2) Change flights, which you can only do once every six months and which would be a pretty extreme move if all you wanted was just one or two dragons of a certain element.
3) Rent a nest, which is not officially supported.

I really want character dragons of certain elements (and a wide variety of elements, so I can't just change flights), but nest rental makes me anxious and isn't supported anyway. I would use the heck out of an item that temporarily changes the element of a nest. I honestly think that this is an important feature that would really increase my and other peoples' enjoyment of this game.
I'd rather it be a permanent change than a one-time one, but either would be nice.
I'd rather it be a permanent change than a one-time one, but either would be nice.
I read through this, and I don't support this idea of changing one of your own nests for Lore reasons. However, I love PontosAxenos's idea of nest 'trades' since that would prevent scamming and let people have the desired eye colors.

The admins advise us not to stud out dragons, but we aren't given a safe way to breed in different nests either, and to quite a few people eye color is very important. A Crossroads-like feature for nest swaps would solve the problem of limited eye colors and allow people to safely breed hatchlings with eye colors other than their own flight's.
I read through this, and I don't support this idea of changing one of your own nests for Lore reasons. However, I love PontosAxenos's idea of nest 'trades' since that would prevent scamming and let people have the desired eye colors.

The admins advise us not to stud out dragons, but we aren't given a safe way to breed in different nests either, and to quite a few people eye color is very important. A Crossroads-like feature for nest swaps would solve the problem of limited eye colors and allow people to safely breed hatchlings with eye colors other than their own flight's.
Darkdenizensv4simple.png84ruMI5.pngYrk2o3M.pnggekDtXY.pngDarkdenizensv4simple.png

FMA02Pn.png1603_150px_dokvganryuu_by_miirshroom_dcg815s_by_xzcelestialxbalaurzx-dcgicgg.png

locke.png

s9UvQy2.png bgwVYfC.pngAQiesuo.png wmhOuud.pngTIdHmed.pnggJ53DWo.pngIsTvVEx.pngfzjG4Xp.png

dokvganryuu_by_xzcelestialxbalaurzx-dc10pes.png
I think this could work; there's a lot of great suggestions here. And it does make sense to me. I like the idea of it being a one-use, gem item. You buy it with gems, use it on a nest to change it's element, breed a clutch in that element, then the nest goes back to your flight.
I think this could work; there's a lot of great suggestions here. And it does make sense to me. I like the idea of it being a one-use, gem item. You buy it with gems, use it on a nest to change it's element, breed a clutch in that element, then the nest goes back to your flight.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
I don't know if I really support this. I would never use it, is more accurate. If I need NEED a nest hatched in another nest, for eyes or whatever, I know a couple players in real-life, and I made some pretty close internet buddies that I trust.
I don't know if I really support this. I would never use it, is more accurate. If I need NEED a nest hatched in another nest, for eyes or whatever, I know a couple players in real-life, and I made some pretty close internet buddies that I trust.
E2amngG.png04n5rQx.png8th6mfc.pngtPW2xgo.pngarOGchX.png
Support for this. It would help a lot with matching up the right eye colors to the right dragons, which is a problem that I have run into quite a lot, especially when looking for that once perfect dragon.
Support for this. It would help a lot with matching up the right eye colors to the right dragons, which is a problem that I have run into quite a lot, especially when looking for that once perfect dragon.
SsnSwc8.pngI4kqtte.pngdTzwsWN.pngs1Pmubh.pngZZSq48t.gifBJxAk71.pngiA0yz9T.pngSabwhBZ.png
I don't really support. It would take some of the importance out of flights, very possibly hurt the dragon market (since you wouldn't be buying for other eye colors and just be making your own), and I think nest sharing is pretty good. Yes, players do it at their own risk, but if you're working with someone who's proven reliable then it creates new ties in the communities and provides a new service working in the economy.
I don't really support. It would take some of the importance out of flights, very possibly hurt the dragon market (since you wouldn't be buying for other eye colors and just be making your own), and I think nest sharing is pretty good. Yes, players do it at their own risk, but if you're working with someone who's proven reliable then it creates new ties in the communities and provides a new service working in the economy.
vvTo3kO.png

syJrt1N.gif
Like I've heard a lot of people say, this makes no sense whatsoever lore-wise, and makes the clan this kind of a moot point besides the banner on your user page and for dominance. The only people on this site that this really affects is breeders. And there are a lot of other people besides them, and I think the people who role play would dislike this a great deal. No support from me, matching eye colour is not that important.

As well, people who grind in the Coliseum can just but a dragon of the type they need off the Auction House, not a big deal.

EDIT: If it was, say, like an elemental Tincture or something similar, that you could place on one egg in the nest, and had a cool down period, that could work. (Specifically so people won't spam it.) They could be gifted from member of the flight that you want, but maybe they could only give so many. Or you could find them after a certain level while scavenging/digging in a certain area, or even Swipp's, with a couple of water runestones and a matching familiar or something.
Like I've heard a lot of people say, this makes no sense whatsoever lore-wise, and makes the clan this kind of a moot point besides the banner on your user page and for dominance. The only people on this site that this really affects is breeders. And there are a lot of other people besides them, and I think the people who role play would dislike this a great deal. No support from me, matching eye colour is not that important.

As well, people who grind in the Coliseum can just but a dragon of the type they need off the Auction House, not a big deal.

EDIT: If it was, say, like an elemental Tincture or something similar, that you could place on one egg in the nest, and had a cool down period, that could work. (Specifically so people won't spam it.) They could be gifted from member of the flight that you want, but maybe they could only give so many. Or you could find them after a certain level while scavenging/digging in a certain area, or even Swipp's, with a couple of water runestones and a matching familiar or something.
n16vxd.jpg
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 27 28