Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Change a Nest's Element
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 27 28
@Dragonsage i really like your proposal but not that you have to give up any eggs in the process..

I hope that the developers will let you rent a different elements nest than your own without having the dragons leave your lair..

it should be a reasonable rent though.. not their usually treasure sink.. cause we dont need that..

im thinking like 20k for renting a nest should be fair...
@Dragonsage i really like your proposal but not that you have to give up any eggs in the process..

I hope that the developers will let you rent a different elements nest than your own without having the dragons leave your lair..

it should be a reasonable rent though.. not their usually treasure sink.. cause we dont need that..

im thinking like 20k for renting a nest should be fair...
NO LONGER ACTIVE.

I LEFT FR AND GIVEN AWAY MY STUFF.
@Taarnfalk The bulk of the suggestion is everything above the "Other Players Suggestions." Suggestions under that subtitle are different players tweaks on the idea. For example the taking an egg slot was a player's suggestion to help counter the advantage of being able to essentially breed two elements on one account. By taking an 'egg slot' it means that the maximum number of eggs you could have in a different species clutch is 4, because the item would take the fifth spot. Basically the nest has 4 or 5 spots depending on if its a mixed clutch or same breed clutch; the item would take the highest spot; so only if the RNG rolled the highest possible number would you 'lose' an egg.

From an economic standpoint any idea that results in smaller clutches is a good idea since it means that there are less dragons being hatched thus less dragons being added to the over population.
@Taarnfalk The bulk of the suggestion is everything above the "Other Players Suggestions." Suggestions under that subtitle are different players tweaks on the idea. For example the taking an egg slot was a player's suggestion to help counter the advantage of being able to essentially breed two elements on one account. By taking an 'egg slot' it means that the maximum number of eggs you could have in a different species clutch is 4, because the item would take the fifth spot. Basically the nest has 4 or 5 spots depending on if its a mixed clutch or same breed clutch; the item would take the highest spot; so only if the RNG rolled the highest possible number would you 'lose' an egg.

From an economic standpoint any idea that results in smaller clutches is a good idea since it means that there are less dragons being hatched thus less dragons being added to the over population.
3DS Friend Code: 5300-9941-4980
#UnnamedIsValid .:. Nature Sales Thread .:. Strider Subspecies
i support some of the suggestions so far--some kind of one-use flight-specific fertility boon to place in a nest in order to get a specific flight nest sounds like the best idea to me, but i also wouldn't mind some kind of ''vacation'' agency for nesting in foreign flights being implemented at the trading post, either. to me, these both sound like they wouldn't interfere with lore too much, might be accessible by any player (paid for either with treasure or gems), and allow players to breed an eye color that would match gene aesthetics and character creation.

thus far i'm not unhappy with my flight choice in eye color, but i can definitely say that eye color clashing horrendously with scales/fur/feathers/what have you has certainly prevented me from purchasing otherwise beautiful dragons in the auctions. and, as someone who is very particular about character creation, i believe without a doubt that sooner or later, i will grow to resent being unable to determine a clutch's element without having to change my whole flight. i like being fire flight and i don't want to change (although i do appreciate the option!), but i'm not so sure i will always be happy with all my clutches coming out fire.

all in all, i like the idea of being able to change one nest's flight yourself, rather than having to trust others with your dragons or wait six months between flight changes. as someone stated earlier, this would still take years to get certain different eye colors dependent on characterization.
i support some of the suggestions so far--some kind of one-use flight-specific fertility boon to place in a nest in order to get a specific flight nest sounds like the best idea to me, but i also wouldn't mind some kind of ''vacation'' agency for nesting in foreign flights being implemented at the trading post, either. to me, these both sound like they wouldn't interfere with lore too much, might be accessible by any player (paid for either with treasure or gems), and allow players to breed an eye color that would match gene aesthetics and character creation.

thus far i'm not unhappy with my flight choice in eye color, but i can definitely say that eye color clashing horrendously with scales/fur/feathers/what have you has certainly prevented me from purchasing otherwise beautiful dragons in the auctions. and, as someone who is very particular about character creation, i believe without a doubt that sooner or later, i will grow to resent being unable to determine a clutch's element without having to change my whole flight. i like being fire flight and i don't want to change (although i do appreciate the option!), but i'm not so sure i will always be happy with all my clutches coming out fire.

all in all, i like the idea of being able to change one nest's flight yourself, rather than having to trust others with your dragons or wait six months between flight changes. as someone stated earlier, this would still take years to get certain different eye colors dependent on characterization.
tumblr_no3ozumaPC1tv56zio6_75sq.pngpmoEbNN.png weasel | he/him 78U0Gge.pngtumblr_no3ozumaPC1tv56zio9_75sq.png
No support.

While the idea's a lovely one it would completely remove the idea of trading because then everyone just breed their own. Selling would become worthless since anyone from any flight could breed those eye colors, thus rendering the Flight's useless unless you were pushing for dominance. If you ABSOLUTELY need separate eye colors than borrow a nest from someone and in return either sell them an hatchling discounted or give them one for their services, or pay them. It's risky but at least it doesn't destroy the site.
No support.

While the idea's a lovely one it would completely remove the idea of trading because then everyone just breed their own. Selling would become worthless since anyone from any flight could breed those eye colors, thus rendering the Flight's useless unless you were pushing for dominance. If you ABSOLUTELY need separate eye colors than borrow a nest from someone and in return either sell them an hatchling discounted or give them one for their services, or pay them. It's risky but at least it doesn't destroy the site.
tumblr_obcrybYghZ1tfzajgo1_r1_500.gif
No support - agreeing with the people who think it would be detrimental to breeding/trading and to the lore the site is based on.
No support - agreeing with the people who think it would be detrimental to breeding/trading and to the lore the site is based on.
Tundra with the words 'Love is the Brightest Light'
Volunteer Moderator :If you have any questions, concerns, or feedback regarding moderation, please feel free to use the Contact Us form.
I do not support changing my nests element.

I do however, support a nest rental facility at the trading post. I dont think it would be detrimental to the economy because people are already lending nests to breed for eye colour, and I seriously doubt and hope that its not a main source of income for players on the site...

If it is, I find that somewhat concerning.
I do not support changing my nests element.

I do however, support a nest rental facility at the trading post. I dont think it would be detrimental to the economy because people are already lending nests to breed for eye colour, and I seriously doubt and hope that its not a main source of income for players on the site...

If it is, I find that somewhat concerning.
zcsMnwG.jpg WxLmrPc.jpg
I'm FR +18 & apologise for delayed replies, I may be sleeping!
I was actually just thinking about this this morning. My original idea was that in your nesting grounds you could "request" to rent a nest from one of the deities.

The main reasons I don't rent nests from other players is because I'm unreasonably terrified that I'll somehow lose my dragon(even when trading with my IRL best friend)

I like to keep my dragons in my lair. Renting nests and loaning/borrowing dragons as it is is frowned upon by the staff anyway, and they discourage it. I would love love love to be able to rent a nest from, say, the Lightweaver herself. The rented nest goes to your grounds or, like posted above, some designated place in the trading post.

An item that has the chance of changing your nest is also a good idea.

As for lore, I think it makes sense - you ask the deity themselves for the nest, then what's the problem if they see fit in granting your request? It's temporary.

As for trading and economy and whatnot, people will still trade for dragons they want. That won't change because you can rent a nest. I can actually see it adding to the trading and such, giving people more options.

TLDR: Support!
I was actually just thinking about this this morning. My original idea was that in your nesting grounds you could "request" to rent a nest from one of the deities.

The main reasons I don't rent nests from other players is because I'm unreasonably terrified that I'll somehow lose my dragon(even when trading with my IRL best friend)

I like to keep my dragons in my lair. Renting nests and loaning/borrowing dragons as it is is frowned upon by the staff anyway, and they discourage it. I would love love love to be able to rent a nest from, say, the Lightweaver herself. The rented nest goes to your grounds or, like posted above, some designated place in the trading post.

An item that has the chance of changing your nest is also a good idea.

As for lore, I think it makes sense - you ask the deity themselves for the nest, then what's the problem if they see fit in granting your request? It's temporary.

As for trading and economy and whatnot, people will still trade for dragons they want. That won't change because you can rent a nest. I can actually see it adding to the trading and such, giving people more options.

TLDR: Support!
pyramidia_by_featherblot-d9renlp.png
Agree with Genet on this one. No support. It's far to simple to rent a nest or borrow a nest from someone else etc and it would cause many things to become useless.
Agree with Genet on this one. No support. It's far to simple to rent a nest or borrow a nest from someone else etc and it would cause many things to become useless.
I agree with Malmallow. I, too, find it a bit off-putting that things like this are not looked into when they could potentially add a lot more fun to the game. As Malmallow said, this game was not intended to be a trading game. People aren't supposed to be breeding to sell; that's just a side product of how the game was made.

We should be able to customize our dragons to the fullest extent of our desires. People are willing to pay to be able to do that! They shouldn't have to trust strangers to breed a pair in their lair instead. And you can say that this is frowned upon by staff, but let's be honest, if people want another eye color for some of their hatchlings (which is totally understandable), they're going to rent a nest to do that. So why not have an official feature/item set in place so people can do it with no worries? Why not protect the users and allow them to have the maximum amount of fun on this site?
I agree with Malmallow. I, too, find it a bit off-putting that things like this are not looked into when they could potentially add a lot more fun to the game. As Malmallow said, this game was not intended to be a trading game. People aren't supposed to be breeding to sell; that's just a side product of how the game was made.

We should be able to customize our dragons to the fullest extent of our desires. People are willing to pay to be able to do that! They shouldn't have to trust strangers to breed a pair in their lair instead. And you can say that this is frowned upon by staff, but let's be honest, if people want another eye color for some of their hatchlings (which is totally understandable), they're going to rent a nest to do that. So why not have an official feature/item set in place so people can do it with no worries? Why not protect the users and allow them to have the maximum amount of fun on this site?
I support some way to make it easier to breed different eye colors. For awhile now, this is something that's been really bothering me, especially now as I see that skins don't allow for a change in eye color.

As it currently stands, I would have to shell out thousands of gems that I don't have (and am saving up for that skin I want to make, anyway) just to switch between two different Flights, three if I'm really picky about who wears that skin. I have an unfinished project that would be to its full potential with Arcane eyes, and the dragon I want to wear that skin has to have Earth eyes, and since I still want to stay loyal to the Lightweaver, that's going to be yet another couple thousand gems or so to switch back to Light once I'm done.

But what if I wanted to breed dragons with different eye colors even after all that? Especially considering how hard it is to find specific dragons of specific genes and colors anyway?

I want to have full access to something that gives me the power to breed different eye colors into hatchlings without paying an arm and a leg for it. I want to stay with the Light Flight, since it matches with my ideals and such, but I don't want to be stuck breeding hatchlings that have gold eyes. I was pretty upset when I realized that the eye color had to do with the Flight you were in, rather than something you could breed.

And yeah, I know burrowing nests from people is a thing, but the problem with that is one, there's way too much of a risk of being scammed with that, and the staff frown upon it for that very reason. So, burrowing/renting nests is not an option for some people. Obtaining a nest from other Flights should be accessible to everyone.

I really like the idea of dragons having a little romance on vacation to another Flight territory. I also like the idea of having an item that changes one of your nests to the desired Flight. However, what I don't want is for an item like that to be accessible only to the rich and has a chance of breaking. If something like this were to be implemented, I want it to be permanent until I'm done with it, and not break after every other clutch.

For people complaining about this not fitting into the lore and such: if different Flights aren't supposed to commingle with each other, then why are we allowed to have rival Flight members in our own Flights? Being able to have dragons of different Flights born within the same Flight won't change a whole lot to the lore.
I support some way to make it easier to breed different eye colors. For awhile now, this is something that's been really bothering me, especially now as I see that skins don't allow for a change in eye color.

As it currently stands, I would have to shell out thousands of gems that I don't have (and am saving up for that skin I want to make, anyway) just to switch between two different Flights, three if I'm really picky about who wears that skin. I have an unfinished project that would be to its full potential with Arcane eyes, and the dragon I want to wear that skin has to have Earth eyes, and since I still want to stay loyal to the Lightweaver, that's going to be yet another couple thousand gems or so to switch back to Light once I'm done.

But what if I wanted to breed dragons with different eye colors even after all that? Especially considering how hard it is to find specific dragons of specific genes and colors anyway?

I want to have full access to something that gives me the power to breed different eye colors into hatchlings without paying an arm and a leg for it. I want to stay with the Light Flight, since it matches with my ideals and such, but I don't want to be stuck breeding hatchlings that have gold eyes. I was pretty upset when I realized that the eye color had to do with the Flight you were in, rather than something you could breed.

And yeah, I know burrowing nests from people is a thing, but the problem with that is one, there's way too much of a risk of being scammed with that, and the staff frown upon it for that very reason. So, burrowing/renting nests is not an option for some people. Obtaining a nest from other Flights should be accessible to everyone.

I really like the idea of dragons having a little romance on vacation to another Flight territory. I also like the idea of having an item that changes one of your nests to the desired Flight. However, what I don't want is for an item like that to be accessible only to the rich and has a chance of breaking. If something like this were to be implemented, I want it to be permanent until I'm done with it, and not break after every other clutch.

For people complaining about this not fitting into the lore and such: if different Flights aren't supposed to commingle with each other, then why are we allowed to have rival Flight members in our own Flights? Being able to have dragons of different Flights born within the same Flight won't change a whole lot to the lore.
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 27 28