Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Change a Nest's Element
1 2 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28
Normally I see these threads and scoff because I thought the design theory was to encourage players to interact with those of other flights to get what they need. I completely overlooked that FR staff doesn't support nest rentals. Thinking about it, if someone needs to gather something from another region, they can. There should be something that lets you change the nest element to follow the same design theory. Lest we forget the wise words of Undel: [quote]In Flight Rising, if you put enough time into it, you can pretty much craft your perfect dragon. That should remain one of the most important aspects of our game.[/quote]
Normally I see these threads and scoff because I thought the design theory was to encourage players to interact with those of other flights to get what they need. I completely overlooked that FR staff doesn't support nest rentals.

Thinking about it, if someone needs to gather something from another region, they can. There should be something that lets you change the nest element to follow the same design theory. Lest we forget the wise words of Undel:
Quote:
In Flight Rising, if you put enough time into it, you can pretty much craft your perfect dragon. That should remain one of the most important aspects of our game.

045c60ad-113a-4a94-99a7-3d2d45550599_100x100.pngy8UIEi9.pngg51KshI.png
I've been warming up to the nest element change item idea more than (or maybe? alongside) site-supported nest rental for this reason:

Non-11 element nests... It could be a way to legitimately implement other elements into the game if you don't have to be in that elements flight to have a nest of that element. These could definitely be sold for a lot more than the 11 main elements.

We could bring in the Runestones of the Arcanist elements, or sun/moon elements (oh what I would do for a moon element, or the runestones chaos element). If too-similar to tints eye colors is a problem perhaps they could only have primal available or all eye variants could have some kind of subtle hints of the primal to mark the element clearly.

I was actually inspired by suggestions like this to have in my lore that my clan is trying to gather a moon rock to put in a nest to try and have a moon element nest... Something like that. Would just be really neat...

Or a clan building a nest around an antique clock that runs funny and having hatchlings that can time travel short distances or something.
I've been warming up to the nest element change item idea more than (or maybe? alongside) site-supported nest rental for this reason:

Non-11 element nests... It could be a way to legitimately implement other elements into the game if you don't have to be in that elements flight to have a nest of that element. These could definitely be sold for a lot more than the 11 main elements.

We could bring in the Runestones of the Arcanist elements, or sun/moon elements (oh what I would do for a moon element, or the runestones chaos element). If too-similar to tints eye colors is a problem perhaps they could only have primal available or all eye variants could have some kind of subtle hints of the primal to mark the element clearly.

I was actually inspired by suggestions like this to have in my lore that my clan is trying to gather a moon rock to put in a nest to try and have a moon element nest... Something like that. Would just be really neat...

Or a clan building a nest around an antique clock that runs funny and having hatchlings that can time travel short distances or something.
AbwaPSg.png
xxxxx xrdZoYH.pngOxagJgG.pngmxZJBlR.png
Q0p4QGz.png1j2YGao.pngLvsm6NG.png
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
dEo6ta2.png
nWiQNX9.png
It could be useful for breeding projects I suppose, so support
It could be useful for breeding projects I suppose, so support
p1Pjh8S.png

p110et9.gif By Sesshin

[img][/img]
Throwing my support at this one because honest to god; I shouldn't have to a: gamble with my dragons by sending to someone I don't know or b: cough up 1500g to change my whole lair element for 6 months, and then another 1500g to go back because I want differently colored eyes. I don't care if it's an expensive gem mp item, but anything to let players temporarily change the element of one of their nests would be great, honestly. It sucks to have a specific date in mind for your nest, send it out to someone else because their element matches what eyes you want for said kids, only for them to miss days, and that's the best case scenario. It's not uncommon to hear of people who lost their pair because the other player stopped playing unexpectedly. Yeah yeah, "if a dragon leaves your lair you don't have control over it", but a dragon shouldn't HAVE to have to leave your lair because you want something as simple as some differently colored eyes.

Again: a scroll of (element) nest would be great.
Throwing my support at this one because honest to god; I shouldn't have to a: gamble with my dragons by sending to someone I don't know or b: cough up 1500g to change my whole lair element for 6 months, and then another 1500g to go back because I want differently colored eyes. I don't care if it's an expensive gem mp item, but anything to let players temporarily change the element of one of their nests would be great, honestly. It sucks to have a specific date in mind for your nest, send it out to someone else because their element matches what eyes you want for said kids, only for them to miss days, and that's the best case scenario. It's not uncommon to hear of people who lost their pair because the other player stopped playing unexpectedly. Yeah yeah, "if a dragon leaves your lair you don't have control over it", but a dragon shouldn't HAVE to have to leave your lair because you want something as simple as some differently colored eyes.

Again: a scroll of (element) nest would be great.
————————
— Cha
— they/them
Skin Shop
Wishlist
Eot-S-icon.png
x
Witch-s-heart-icon.png
x
Untitled1954.png
No support, the theory and concept are interesting and appealing, however; this would just make the game too easy. I also think this could potentially 'destroy' the Flightrising 'economy'
Really the only way to do this is to either change your flight, which is expensive - I know, but considering you are "moving" and things are changing from place to place, I think the fee is understandable. OR to rent a nest from someone you trust, or buy a dragon with the eye color you desire.
No support, the theory and concept are interesting and appealing, however; this would just make the game too easy. I also think this could potentially 'destroy' the Flightrising 'economy'
Really the only way to do this is to either change your flight, which is expensive - I know, but considering you are "moving" and things are changing from place to place, I think the fee is understandable. OR to rent a nest from someone you trust, or buy a dragon with the eye color you desire.
ooSuhor.png
I honestly can't believe there are people who are against this. I have rented from very wonderful people, but none of them were guaranteed to be safe. I personally have a hard time connecting with people personally, not to mention there are people here that don't [i]want[/i] to make friends, so it's hard to lean towards the argument of having a friend help you. It's a scary gamble looking at all of my project pairs, pairs I just need to breed once and then never again, and fear I may not get them back. Especially those I hand gened myself! It seems like lore inclusion is the point everyone who says no support brings up, but honestly? This is one of the easier lore workarounds I've seen in Suggestions. [quote name="GermanicNordic" date="2021-09-26 14:37:22" ] or buy a dragon with the eye color you desire. [/quote] I don't think this is a good mention tbh. Some combos are extraordinarily rare, assuming you're looking for a combo that either has very few dragons or doesn't even exist yet, not even considering them having the eye color you need! If we're talking something like triple Pearl with Wind eyes, then yeah I get what you mean, but if that were the case, I wouldn't have been sitting here for the past 5 months desperately breeding for Storm/Ceru/Ultra with Plague eyes, and I'm already [i]in[/i] the desired flight!
I honestly can't believe there are people who are against this. I have rented from very wonderful people, but none of them were guaranteed to be safe. I personally have a hard time connecting with people personally, not to mention there are people here that don't want to make friends, so it's hard to lean towards the argument of having a friend help you. It's a scary gamble looking at all of my project pairs, pairs I just need to breed once and then never again, and fear I may not get them back. Especially those I hand gened myself!

It seems like lore inclusion is the point everyone who says no support brings up, but honestly? This is one of the easier lore workarounds I've seen in Suggestions.

GermanicNordic wrote on 2021-09-26 14:37:22:
or buy a dragon with the eye color you desire.
I don't think this is a good mention tbh. Some combos are extraordinarily rare, assuming you're looking for a combo that either has very few dragons or doesn't even exist yet, not even considering them having the eye color you need! If we're talking something like triple Pearl with Wind eyes, then yeah I get what you mean, but if that were the case, I wouldn't have been sitting here for the past 5 months desperately breeding for Storm/Ceru/Ultra with Plague eyes, and I'm already in the desired flight!
Orca | they/he
Please check dragon profiles for pronouns before mentioning them!
Lore-wise it would actually be much easier for me to have site supported nest rental or an item because my current flight is always tied to my lore, not projects (or even the eyes i like best). My favorite eyes are ice, and id definitely appreciate ice for projects, but i could never come up with an excuse for my clan to move there.

Like... Speaking as a lore clan it would be much easier for my playstyle to have a way to safely change nest element or rent.

Also seconding the "you guys know people on here?" sentiment, i use the forums a bit but honestly im not that social? The only person i really trust on here is my sister and shes in shadow too. You can play the game entirely without interacting with people, besides this one aspect. thats silly
Lore-wise it would actually be much easier for me to have site supported nest rental or an item because my current flight is always tied to my lore, not projects (or even the eyes i like best). My favorite eyes are ice, and id definitely appreciate ice for projects, but i could never come up with an excuse for my clan to move there.

Like... Speaking as a lore clan it would be much easier for my playstyle to have a way to safely change nest element or rent.

Also seconding the "you guys know people on here?" sentiment, i use the forums a bit but honestly im not that social? The only person i really trust on here is my sister and shes in shadow too. You can play the game entirely without interacting with people, besides this one aspect. thats silly
AbwaPSg.png
xxxxx xrdZoYH.pngOxagJgG.pngmxZJBlR.png
Q0p4QGz.png1j2YGao.pngLvsm6NG.png
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
dEo6ta2.png
nWiQNX9.png
Support. It would even make an excellent treasure sink. I have some pairs waiting to see if there will be a Nesting Grounds revamp that may have a way to get others so that I can get other elements. I'm sure there are people who would spend for this too.

I don't want to interact with people, especially even more so if it's unsupported. I also don't want to change flight just for one pair or two. I want to stay in Shadow. I shouldn't have to change just for the eye color. Shadow fits for me at the moment, and I would hate to change flights for breeding projects. And the long cooldown...no thanks. Even if I have to interact with others, I would love a supported way or just an item from Baldwin or the Marketplace.
Support. It would even make an excellent treasure sink. I have some pairs waiting to see if there will be a Nesting Grounds revamp that may have a way to get others so that I can get other elements. I'm sure there are people who would spend for this too.

I don't want to interact with people, especially even more so if it's unsupported. I also don't want to change flight just for one pair or two. I want to stay in Shadow. I shouldn't have to change just for the eye color. Shadow fits for me at the moment, and I would hate to change flights for breeding projects. And the long cooldown...no thanks. Even if I have to interact with others, I would love a supported way or just an item from Baldwin or the Marketplace.
91423843p.png Avatar
Dragon
7691.png Selling G1s! 196.png Trading Notes for Notes!
Closed
There is zero reason to not support this. Zero.

As it stands, there are two options that aren't violating the rules:

1) Change flight. Assuming you want to move back to your home flight, that's a whopping 3kg for as little as one nest. If you bought those gems with real money, that'd be, what, almost $30 equivalent? For one single nest? Yeah. I don't need to say that's unfair.

2) Do a nest rental. Nest rentals are often free, but they come with the huge risk of losing the pair. You cannot guarantee anything, and staff won't help if something goes wrong.
Most of my projects are very rare combos- the kind that takes years to get a single dragon for, let alone an unrelated pair. There's no way I'd risk losing all that because someone decided they didn't want to send back. There's only a certain degree of trust I'd give to strangers on the internet.

So as it stands, anyone with a rare-colour pair and who isn't willing to blow $30 on getting a pixel dragon light green eyes, is stuffed. And it shouldn't be like that.

As for possible solutions... I'll be honest, anything. Make it a treasure sink, make it 500kt a nest, make it cost element runestones, I don't care because it's all better than the current options.
There is zero reason to not support this. Zero.

As it stands, there are two options that aren't violating the rules:

1) Change flight. Assuming you want to move back to your home flight, that's a whopping 3kg for as little as one nest. If you bought those gems with real money, that'd be, what, almost $30 equivalent? For one single nest? Yeah. I don't need to say that's unfair.

2) Do a nest rental. Nest rentals are often free, but they come with the huge risk of losing the pair. You cannot guarantee anything, and staff won't help if something goes wrong.
Most of my projects are very rare combos- the kind that takes years to get a single dragon for, let alone an unrelated pair. There's no way I'd risk losing all that because someone decided they didn't want to send back. There's only a certain degree of trust I'd give to strangers on the internet.

So as it stands, anyone with a rare-colour pair and who isn't willing to blow $30 on getting a pixel dragon light green eyes, is stuffed. And it shouldn't be like that.

As for possible solutions... I'll be honest, anything. Make it a treasure sink, make it 500kt a nest, make it cost element runestones, I don't care because it's all better than the current options.
I would really like this even if it cost 1500g. I hope it doesn't. But still.
I would really like this even if it cost 1500g. I hope it doesn't. But still.
86cgLtF.png
1 2 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28