Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Individual Saving Banks
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
I know I posted before, but I do agree that there should be a limit on how many. Not sure what that limit is, perhaps 5 treasure slots and 5 gem slots? Too low? Too many?

Also, as for the labels, I feel those should be allowed to be user inputted. Perhaps a simple character limit, with the ability to use spaces, letters and numbers, but no other characters. No one but the user and the admins (and anyone the user screenies and shows) will actually see these labels, so I feel that, while the obvious shouldn't be allowed, they wouldn't have to be quite as strict with other words/phrases.

I can see uses for this other than just saving as well. Perhaps I want to see how much I get for exalting my hatchlings, so I dump all my treasure/gems on hand in the vault or main storage (which is where all the money should go if you don't put it in a specific 'deposit box', which could be how to look at these: the vault is the bank vault, where you dump your money, no sorting. however these individuals are like deposit boxes where you put specific stuff, or maybe not) So then I go through and I start exalting, and have made a 'exalt' payout section. All money I get from the exalting I will put in there. Then at the end of the month/week/day/whatever I go look and see how much I got. This could be useful for those that like to know what they get from chests etc.. as well. Sure they can keep track of it through a spreadsheet (and most do) but this way they don't have to worry about a typo. Unless there was something extra (like an auction) then whatever is in that box, is what they got from whatever they were keeping track of.

Edit: Just realized I had left out the portion where you allocate how much money you are trying to save (ie your goal). For people who are trying to determine how much they make a specific way, perhaps it could be left blank in the 'create/edit box' field meaning you can put as much as you want in there, or put an extremely high number in t.

Okay, I think I will stop rambling now...
I know I posted before, but I do agree that there should be a limit on how many. Not sure what that limit is, perhaps 5 treasure slots and 5 gem slots? Too low? Too many?

Also, as for the labels, I feel those should be allowed to be user inputted. Perhaps a simple character limit, with the ability to use spaces, letters and numbers, but no other characters. No one but the user and the admins (and anyone the user screenies and shows) will actually see these labels, so I feel that, while the obvious shouldn't be allowed, they wouldn't have to be quite as strict with other words/phrases.

I can see uses for this other than just saving as well. Perhaps I want to see how much I get for exalting my hatchlings, so I dump all my treasure/gems on hand in the vault or main storage (which is where all the money should go if you don't put it in a specific 'deposit box', which could be how to look at these: the vault is the bank vault, where you dump your money, no sorting. however these individuals are like deposit boxes where you put specific stuff, or maybe not) So then I go through and I start exalting, and have made a 'exalt' payout section. All money I get from the exalting I will put in there. Then at the end of the month/week/day/whatever I go look and see how much I got. This could be useful for those that like to know what they get from chests etc.. as well. Sure they can keep track of it through a spreadsheet (and most do) but this way they don't have to worry about a typo. Unless there was something extra (like an auction) then whatever is in that box, is what they got from whatever they were keeping track of.

Edit: Just realized I had left out the portion where you allocate how much money you are trying to save (ie your goal). For people who are trying to determine how much they make a specific way, perhaps it could be left blank in the 'create/edit box' field meaning you can put as much as you want in there, or put an extremely high number in t.

Okay, I think I will stop rambling now...

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
@Fenhyste

I fully support this!

This idea is BRILLIANT!! If I could separate funds to certain projects I would be able to actually pay for those projects! I am a horrible impulse buyer so if I could lock those funds away until I have enough I would be in heaven!

@Ismaiel

Love the mock up, it's so..tidy!! :D Though someone mentioned not wanting to have them named, so I suppose as long as that's left as optional that would be great.

Also, having the option to lock in the funds until the goal is reached is brilliant, but is that something that the developers could do? Not sure what kind of coding that would take. x.x

You know who else this would be REALLY useful for???

xD

People who hold funds for Dom! So many raffles and fund raisers that I imagine this would be a HUGE help! It would not replace the spreadsheets by any means because people still want to see what goes where, but those funds wouldn't have to be added and pulled from the every day vault money! :D
@Fenhyste

I fully support this!

This idea is BRILLIANT!! If I could separate funds to certain projects I would be able to actually pay for those projects! I am a horrible impulse buyer so if I could lock those funds away until I have enough I would be in heaven!

@Ismaiel

Love the mock up, it's so..tidy!! :D Though someone mentioned not wanting to have them named, so I suppose as long as that's left as optional that would be great.

Also, having the option to lock in the funds until the goal is reached is brilliant, but is that something that the developers could do? Not sure what kind of coding that would take. x.x

You know who else this would be REALLY useful for???

xD

People who hold funds for Dom! So many raffles and fund raisers that I imagine this would be a HUGE help! It would not replace the spreadsheets by any means because people still want to see what goes where, but those funds wouldn't have to be added and pulled from the every day vault money! :D
@DeeStar

As I'm a big fan for optionality - yes I imagined that all the options are optional. The names, the goals, locking, the order they appear in (so they would be moveable to order them new when priorities change) and basicall everything else that is implemented.

I don't see a good reason to force someone to do/use anything of it when they don't want/need to. Don't want to name your project? Just leave the Space for the name empty. Don't need a set goal? Leave the space empty. ;)
@DeeStar

As I'm a big fan for optionality - yes I imagined that all the options are optional. The names, the goals, locking, the order they appear in (so they would be moveable to order them new when priorities change) and basicall everything else that is implemented.

I don't see a good reason to force someone to do/use anything of it when they don't want/need to. Don't want to name your project? Just leave the Space for the name empty. Don't need a set goal? Leave the space empty. ;)
I'm kinda mixed on this. I see how it appeals, but ultimately I think that the goals of this suggestion can be achieved with current tools and the programmer's time could be better spent on other features.

Like, make a list of things you want in priority and save for them one at a time. If you're spreading out your savings it's gonna take forever before you get any one thing.
I'm kinda mixed on this. I see how it appeals, but ultimately I think that the goals of this suggestion can be achieved with current tools and the programmer's time could be better spent on other features.

Like, make a list of things you want in priority and save for them one at a time. If you're spreading out your savings it's gonna take forever before you get any one thing.
@Ismaiel

Options are ALWAYS awesome :D I hope this gets even more support!

@Crowbar
Tools... O.o What tools? Other than stashing all your money in the vault or keeping it on hand...well... that's all we have. Unless I am really under a rock and I am missing things... And I suppose if that works for you then I am jealous of your mad money hoarding skills, because I suck at it. :D I do list things I want for my dragons on them...and I had a list of wants in my profile...til I broke it. >.>'

I am much better at saving funds when I can put it aside and can't mess with it. I literally have a RL bank account that I rec no information about. Aside from the money I transfer to it occasionally from my main acct, I have no idea what's in it. Literally... no frakking clue because it's emergency money and I don't WANT to know unless I NEED it. ^.^

In regards to spreading out your savings, I see your point IF you are doing 3 or 4 projects at once. I am thinking most would probably do only 1 or 2 because yeah, no one wants to have to wait 5 years for a gene project to be completed :)

Overall I do understand your point that the programmers have plenty of other things that need their attention that are probably more important, but I think this would be a neat, optional feature that could help a lot of folks for a multitude of reasons.
@Ismaiel

Options are ALWAYS awesome :D I hope this gets even more support!

@Crowbar
Tools... O.o What tools? Other than stashing all your money in the vault or keeping it on hand...well... that's all we have. Unless I am really under a rock and I am missing things... And I suppose if that works for you then I am jealous of your mad money hoarding skills, because I suck at it. :D I do list things I want for my dragons on them...and I had a list of wants in my profile...til I broke it. >.>'

I am much better at saving funds when I can put it aside and can't mess with it. I literally have a RL bank account that I rec no information about. Aside from the money I transfer to it occasionally from my main acct, I have no idea what's in it. Literally... no frakking clue because it's emergency money and I don't WANT to know unless I NEED it. ^.^

In regards to spreading out your savings, I see your point IF you are doing 3 or 4 projects at once. I am thinking most would probably do only 1 or 2 because yeah, no one wants to have to wait 5 years for a gene project to be completed :)

Overall I do understand your point that the programmers have plenty of other things that need their attention that are probably more important, but I think this would be a neat, optional feature that could help a lot of folks for a multitude of reasons.
[quote name="DragonSage" date=2015-11-03 14:58:52] I really like Ismaiel's mock up--something that would be quite useful. Another addition to this might be the ability to lock a particular category--so you can't withdraw from it until the goal is met. I personally wouldn't use a lock feature, but it might be useful for those with an impulse spending problem [/quote]
DragonSage wrote on 2015-11-03:
I really like Ismaiel's mock up--something that would be quite useful. Another addition to this might be the ability to lock a particular category--so you can't withdraw from it until the goal is met. I personally wouldn't use a lock feature, but it might be useful for those with an impulse spending problem
I'm +10H ahead of FR time!
Replies may be slow, so sorry ;w;
[quote name="MinxyDark" date=2015-11-03 18:53:40] [quote name="DragonSage" date=2015-11-03 14:58:52] I really like Ismaiel's mock up--something that would be quite useful. Another addition to this might be the ability to lock a particular category--so you can't withdraw from it until the goal is met. I personally wouldn't use a lock feature, but it might be useful for those with an impulse spending problem [/quote] [/quote]
MinxyDark wrote on 2015-11-03:
DragonSage wrote on 2015-11-03:
I really like Ismaiel's mock up--something that would be quite useful. Another addition to this might be the ability to lock a particular category--so you can't withdraw from it until the goal is met. I personally wouldn't use a lock feature, but it might be useful for those with an impulse spending problem
@DeeStar Yeah, I literally just meant the vault and profile text space. Write the list of things you want from most wanted to least, and use the vault to save for those one at a time. Put like, at least half of what you earn each day into the vault, so you still have some spending for random things.

I'm a packrat/hoarder and stingy about the things I buy, so I guess saving comes naturally to me. =P Still, I think the current vault system should be adequate for savings if you plan well.
@DeeStar Yeah, I literally just meant the vault and profile text space. Write the list of things you want from most wanted to least, and use the vault to save for those one at a time. Put like, at least half of what you earn each day into the vault, so you still have some spending for random things.

I'm a packrat/hoarder and stingy about the things I buy, so I guess saving comes naturally to me. =P Still, I think the current vault system should be adequate for savings if you plan well.
@Crowbar

Haha that makes sense! I am a hoarder of things..money burns through my pocket like fire through paper x.x Yes, even fake money.

If I see it..and know I can just snatch the funds...Ima buy it :P Share some of that stinginess! ;)

Still love this idea tho!
@Crowbar

Haha that makes sense! I am a hoarder of things..money burns through my pocket like fire through paper x.x Yes, even fake money.

If I see it..and know I can just snatch the funds...Ima buy it :P Share some of that stinginess! ;)

Still love this idea tho!
Support- I've been wanting something like this since I've started saving anything. There's so many things that I'd like to buy, but like others have said it's hard to remember what you've been saving for.
Support- I've been wanting something like this since I've started saving anything. There's so many things that I'd like to buy, but like others have said it's hard to remember what you've been saving for.
2gEMC44.pngMMfFirK.gifRKtq0HD.gifOLv0Mii.gif2gEMC44.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10