Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Heroes of Lyra (IC) [Reboot]
1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
[north]
.•.
I snapped out of the weird trance I had fallen into, eyes widening with intrigue as the two-legged flat skin pulled something out of... an appearing door? I walked over, seemingly appearing as I tapped on Onyx's shoulder.
"That was... odd," I conclude, head bobbing slightly as I lean forward, tail gently bumping across the floor behind me. "Would it be possible for you to teach me how to do that?" Still wary about the other flat skin's outburst at my reanimation, I keep my voice level and keep a respectful distance- which happens to be right at Onyx's side, practically breathing down their neck. My paws clasp together as I blink my large, circular eyes at them.
[north]
.•.
I snapped out of the weird trance I had fallen into, eyes widening with intrigue as the two-legged flat skin pulled something out of... an appearing door? I walked over, seemingly appearing as I tapped on Onyx's shoulder.
"That was... odd," I conclude, head bobbing slightly as I lean forward, tail gently bumping across the floor behind me. "Would it be possible for you to teach me how to do that?" Still wary about the other flat skin's outburst at my reanimation, I keep my voice level and keep a respectful distance- which happens to be right at Onyx's side, practically breathing down their neck. My paws clasp together as I blink my large, circular eyes at them.
NzIvRCm.gif NzIvRCm.gif iWG9EFl.gifNzIvRCm.gif NzIvRCm.gif
Just outside the castle
Sephyra and Lienne relocated to a different room. Lienne had insisted on walking by herself, so Sephyra was just watching over her carefully as they did. This time, when they arrived, Sephyra cast a quick ward on the room. It was fairly simple and had sound dampening effects so nobody would be able to hear what was going on inside unless they pressed their ear up against the wall, but since she had now cast her magic on the room, she’d at least be aware of that. The priest sighed.

“I’m very sorry for the interruption,” Sephyra said, “I also didn’t mean to insinuate any sort of disabling of your ability. It is possible… to turn off the entirety of a person’s ability, making them what would ostensibly be a normal person, but that kind of magic isn’t allowed except under very specific circumstances. However, if it is causing you to suffer greatly then that coul possibly fall into those circumstances and I can ask Iryll about a consultation. She’s much better at sealing than I am, and would likely be more willing to do it than for Lifa.”

“We talked about this Sephyra! It’s fine. I don’t want to be normal,” Lifa said, “I like helping people, even with… everything. Also, I don't want to see Iryll anyways.”

Sephyra nodded, but still looked rather conflicted about her answer. Lifa on the other hand, breathed out, forming her hands into a lotus shape once more as the elixir appeared in them.

“I honestly don’t really know what you mean by the whole reaction to holy things or whatever,” Lifa said, “If you’re a living being, be it humans or plants or fungi, then Lienne’s blood will work on you. I’m just a little concerned since you’re not native to Lyra.” She paused as she listened to the bottle a little, humming back for a few seconds then turning to Luther, “But Lienne says it should be fine…”

She opened it once more and small droplets of blood coalesced around the stopper. As she handed it over to Luther, the iridescent petals around the blood buzzed and hummed with magic, continuing to sing its unintelligible song. Up close, the magical energies of it would feel more dense and apparent. Though the blood had mostly likely been in the bottle for who knows how long, it smelled impossibly fresh and almost like it was still coursing around a living body. The petals felt somewhere between a ghostly apparition and pure magic, not quite holy or light magic, but an amalgam of healing magic, pulsing with life force.
Just outside the castle
Sephyra and Lienne relocated to a different room. Lienne had insisted on walking by herself, so Sephyra was just watching over her carefully as they did. This time, when they arrived, Sephyra cast a quick ward on the room. It was fairly simple and had sound dampening effects so nobody would be able to hear what was going on inside unless they pressed their ear up against the wall, but since she had now cast her magic on the room, she’d at least be aware of that. The priest sighed.

“I’m very sorry for the interruption,” Sephyra said, “I also didn’t mean to insinuate any sort of disabling of your ability. It is possible… to turn off the entirety of a person’s ability, making them what would ostensibly be a normal person, but that kind of magic isn’t allowed except under very specific circumstances. However, if it is causing you to suffer greatly then that coul possibly fall into those circumstances and I can ask Iryll about a consultation. She’s much better at sealing than I am, and would likely be more willing to do it than for Lifa.”

“We talked about this Sephyra! It’s fine. I don’t want to be normal,” Lifa said, “I like helping people, even with… everything. Also, I don't want to see Iryll anyways.”

Sephyra nodded, but still looked rather conflicted about her answer. Lifa on the other hand, breathed out, forming her hands into a lotus shape once more as the elixir appeared in them.

“I honestly don’t really know what you mean by the whole reaction to holy things or whatever,” Lifa said, “If you’re a living being, be it humans or plants or fungi, then Lienne’s blood will work on you. I’m just a little concerned since you’re not native to Lyra.” She paused as she listened to the bottle a little, humming back for a few seconds then turning to Luther, “But Lienne says it should be fine…”

She opened it once more and small droplets of blood coalesced around the stopper. As she handed it over to Luther, the iridescent petals around the blood buzzed and hummed with magic, continuing to sing its unintelligible song. Up close, the magical energies of it would feel more dense and apparent. Though the blood had mostly likely been in the bottle for who knows how long, it smelled impossibly fresh and almost like it was still coursing around a living body. The petals felt somewhere between a ghostly apparition and pure magic, not quite holy or light magic, but an amalgam of healing magic, pulsing with life force.
y21uwBu.pngSgW17Yj.pngb8hHhx1.png
Zerina & Scar
Interactions: If you're there then you're part of this. Accept it.
_______

Scarificator tipped his head at Lexi a bit as he thought,
Just what the hell was that remedy? You all look like normal humans, my venom fundamentally isn't deadly to most mammals/reptiles as it either dulls pain and relaxes you or lights your nerves on fire.
However he didn't say any of this mostly due to deciding it'd be better to ask a ton of questions later. Stepping through the portal after hearing Lexi's explanation for why she wouldn't be joining them was a bit of a trip since at first everything was just fine for a little coastal town, it being night was an added bonus since it meant his eyes weren't being assaulted. Sure the smell of dead fish was offensive but given the area didn't seem all that abnormal since it wasn't to the extent he couldn't partially ignore it over more pleasant ones like sea salt or dirt/sand. Scar glanced over at what was down the questionable looking path for a few moments as he thought,
If I'm going down there I'm just shifting and offering to give someone a ride while I run down the cliffside in a way I feel is less likely to break my leg and get someone else hurt for it.
He then started walking towards the pond for the moment.

Zerina on the other hand looked thrilled to sort of be left on her own to an extent. She was smiling as she made sure her weapons were hidden for the most part, aside from her whip, but it could sort of be mistaken for a holy symbol when fully drawn into the handle. She looked more immediately to the church and seemed to be drawn into the way it was laid out as she said more to herself,
"Kinda reminds me of the austerity church I go to… Only the religion is a bit different."
She started to feel slightly less on edge as she glanced down at the fishing shack for a second and thought,
Yeah, no. F-ck that path I have wings and no real reason to hide information from these people.

((For reference, an austerity temple/church is one that has minimalistic decor for one reason or another. I know this as the church I go to is one.))
Tristan Graves
Interactions: Are you here? Then probably hi
_______

He nodded a bit at Jazmine before replying,
"Fair enough really. As I think it's a demon threat, though these ones don't really look much like the myths or depictions I grew up with… Though I'm probably not the best resource for that. A-Anyways, the one responsible for most of the damage really was a large serpent, maybe amphithere if you want to get technical, thicker around than my tentacle and likely longer. Her scales seem to be able to coat themselves in acid as really seemed to be her breath weapon of sorts. There were others of various levels of threatening too… Just that one held my attention since I had the inkling of attempting a grapple to make things easier on everyone else."

Tristan wheezed a bit at Idalia's reaction, mostly because it was just water, something that didn't exactly strike him as deadly… Not with the harmless pressure he put behind it. He also hadn't really expected to get seen while doing it.
"Ma'am, I've been the victim of having someone needlessly kill my joy enough. Don't act like you don't know why this happened."
He then thought,
I can't sense exact elements, only that there is something I can tap into. I made sure nobody was standing in the logical line of fire and tested it the only way I know. As I sure as hell don't want to take the time to have someone explain what an unknown bone does when I can find out faster myself.
However, he couldn't help but adjust his glasses a bit as he saw the locker-sized/shaped hole opened up seemingly into the void.
Luther & Aida
Interactions: Are you there? Then hi
_______

Luther rather slowly put his hand out to accept, mostly to keep his reactions in line with more civilized people. As he didn't actually want to hurt Lifa or risk spilling anything on accident. However, Luther still had to take a moment to smell the Elixr out of hard baked in instinct paired with medical teachings.

Aida then said,
"Th-The reason Luther mentions minor reactions to 'holy' things is a combination of things really. As it's a common partial misconception about certain kinds of abilities, particularly ones that weren't well liked in the past. But most of Luther's comes more from having someone use religion to justify neglectful behavior."
She shook her head a bit and thought,
Though here it really doesn't feel like the religion has all the same things going on. Particularly since you don't care all that much about what Luther eats.

Luther decided that the blood passed in terms of smell. He drank down what was on the lid without much issue, noting that he really could taste the magic in it, a preference that he had in general. Luther looked at the lid for a moment running a finger over the petals out of curiosity as he thought,
I don't feel immediately sick or anything like that, so things will probably be fine. Since it lacks the chemical taste of that one time I tried synthetic blood. Worst is that I need to burn off a bit of magical energy that my regeneration just can't, so 'oh no, I can do something useful with a bit of healing hands for once' whatever shall I do?
Also, I have questions on how you determined it works on fungus/plants.

Luther held the lid back out to Lifa as he said,
"I should be fine for the moment, didn't taste like anything I've had a delayed bad reaction to at the very least. 'Worst' is that I'll actually be able to do a bit of more standard healing magic, from what I can tell since it tasted similar to mage's blood, only more potent if that at all makes sense."
There was a hint of sarcasm in his voice when he said 'worst' and trying not to sound completely unhinged when talking about the taste of a demigod's blood to these people.
Zerina & Scar
Interactions: If you're there then you're part of this. Accept it.
_______

Scarificator tipped his head at Lexi a bit as he thought,
Just what the hell was that remedy? You all look like normal humans, my venom fundamentally isn't deadly to most mammals/reptiles as it either dulls pain and relaxes you or lights your nerves on fire.
However he didn't say any of this mostly due to deciding it'd be better to ask a ton of questions later. Stepping through the portal after hearing Lexi's explanation for why she wouldn't be joining them was a bit of a trip since at first everything was just fine for a little coastal town, it being night was an added bonus since it meant his eyes weren't being assaulted. Sure the smell of dead fish was offensive but given the area didn't seem all that abnormal since it wasn't to the extent he couldn't partially ignore it over more pleasant ones like sea salt or dirt/sand. Scar glanced over at what was down the questionable looking path for a few moments as he thought,
If I'm going down there I'm just shifting and offering to give someone a ride while I run down the cliffside in a way I feel is less likely to break my leg and get someone else hurt for it.
He then started walking towards the pond for the moment.

Zerina on the other hand looked thrilled to sort of be left on her own to an extent. She was smiling as she made sure her weapons were hidden for the most part, aside from her whip, but it could sort of be mistaken for a holy symbol when fully drawn into the handle. She looked more immediately to the church and seemed to be drawn into the way it was laid out as she said more to herself,
"Kinda reminds me of the austerity church I go to… Only the religion is a bit different."
She started to feel slightly less on edge as she glanced down at the fishing shack for a second and thought,
Yeah, no. F-ck that path I have wings and no real reason to hide information from these people.

((For reference, an austerity temple/church is one that has minimalistic decor for one reason or another. I know this as the church I go to is one.))
Tristan Graves
Interactions: Are you here? Then probably hi
_______

He nodded a bit at Jazmine before replying,
"Fair enough really. As I think it's a demon threat, though these ones don't really look much like the myths or depictions I grew up with… Though I'm probably not the best resource for that. A-Anyways, the one responsible for most of the damage really was a large serpent, maybe amphithere if you want to get technical, thicker around than my tentacle and likely longer. Her scales seem to be able to coat themselves in acid as really seemed to be her breath weapon of sorts. There were others of various levels of threatening too… Just that one held my attention since I had the inkling of attempting a grapple to make things easier on everyone else."

Tristan wheezed a bit at Idalia's reaction, mostly because it was just water, something that didn't exactly strike him as deadly… Not with the harmless pressure he put behind it. He also hadn't really expected to get seen while doing it.
"Ma'am, I've been the victim of having someone needlessly kill my joy enough. Don't act like you don't know why this happened."
He then thought,
I can't sense exact elements, only that there is something I can tap into. I made sure nobody was standing in the logical line of fire and tested it the only way I know. As I sure as hell don't want to take the time to have someone explain what an unknown bone does when I can find out faster myself.
However, he couldn't help but adjust his glasses a bit as he saw the locker-sized/shaped hole opened up seemingly into the void.
Luther & Aida
Interactions: Are you there? Then hi
_______

Luther rather slowly put his hand out to accept, mostly to keep his reactions in line with more civilized people. As he didn't actually want to hurt Lifa or risk spilling anything on accident. However, Luther still had to take a moment to smell the Elixr out of hard baked in instinct paired with medical teachings.

Aida then said,
"Th-The reason Luther mentions minor reactions to 'holy' things is a combination of things really. As it's a common partial misconception about certain kinds of abilities, particularly ones that weren't well liked in the past. But most of Luther's comes more from having someone use religion to justify neglectful behavior."
She shook her head a bit and thought,
Though here it really doesn't feel like the religion has all the same things going on. Particularly since you don't care all that much about what Luther eats.

Luther decided that the blood passed in terms of smell. He drank down what was on the lid without much issue, noting that he really could taste the magic in it, a preference that he had in general. Luther looked at the lid for a moment running a finger over the petals out of curiosity as he thought,
I don't feel immediately sick or anything like that, so things will probably be fine. Since it lacks the chemical taste of that one time I tried synthetic blood. Worst is that I need to burn off a bit of magical energy that my regeneration just can't, so 'oh no, I can do something useful with a bit of healing hands for once' whatever shall I do?
Also, I have questions on how you determined it works on fungus/plants.

Luther held the lid back out to Lifa as he said,
"I should be fine for the moment, didn't taste like anything I've had a delayed bad reaction to at the very least. 'Worst' is that I'll actually be able to do a bit of more standard healing magic, from what I can tell since it tasted similar to mage's blood, only more potent if that at all makes sense."
There was a hint of sarcasm in his voice when he said 'worst' and trying not to sound completely unhinged when talking about the taste of a demigod's blood to these people.
slXRG.gif
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Dress up
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Basilisks
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif She/her
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Writer/artist

arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Lady, Smiles
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Theatre Kid/FR+ 3
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Roleplayer - Stafshall Park (OPEN!!!)
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Blood Wyverns
Aurous Castle Side Room
“Oh,” Sephyra shook her head slightly “I’m very sorry you had to deal with that. You are our esteemed heroes so we will try our best to accommodate you. Though, I would advise not talking about this kind of stuff with particular people since some don't particularly like otherworlders or having to depend on them, like the young students at Printhia Academy. You can tell who they are from their teal uniforms.” She massaged her head a little, seeming somewhat tired from just the mention of thm.

When Luther drank the blood, he would feel thoughts and emotions flowing in, much more than what would be normal for a person’s “final thoughts”. Like multiple lives that had lived and died, over and over, again and again, with each “life” ending in a boundless selflessness and sacrifice. Then, all his senses would be heightened. The simple inhale and exhale of breathing would sound uncomfortably loud. The scent of blood and nectar in the room was intensified and it was even possible to parse out specifics like the usually mild herbs and medicinal salve that Sephyra carried with her. The presence of a demigod could be felt even more, and strangest enough, in the very blood that he just consumed moving around inside him. And it seemed there was some sort of… humming? It felt like it was ringing out in his head rather than coming from anywhere in particular. It had definitely worked though, the little droplets of blood had been like eating an entire arm.

Lifa observed him worriedly as she held out her hand to him. “How are you feeling?” She asked, “No weird growths or anything?”

((Bit of a short post but wanted to get something out >.>))
Aurous Castle Side Room
“Oh,” Sephyra shook her head slightly “I’m very sorry you had to deal with that. You are our esteemed heroes so we will try our best to accommodate you. Though, I would advise not talking about this kind of stuff with particular people since some don't particularly like otherworlders or having to depend on them, like the young students at Printhia Academy. You can tell who they are from their teal uniforms.” She massaged her head a little, seeming somewhat tired from just the mention of thm.

When Luther drank the blood, he would feel thoughts and emotions flowing in, much more than what would be normal for a person’s “final thoughts”. Like multiple lives that had lived and died, over and over, again and again, with each “life” ending in a boundless selflessness and sacrifice. Then, all his senses would be heightened. The simple inhale and exhale of breathing would sound uncomfortably loud. The scent of blood and nectar in the room was intensified and it was even possible to parse out specifics like the usually mild herbs and medicinal salve that Sephyra carried with her. The presence of a demigod could be felt even more, and strangest enough, in the very blood that he just consumed moving around inside him. And it seemed there was some sort of… humming? It felt like it was ringing out in his head rather than coming from anywhere in particular. It had definitely worked though, the little droplets of blood had been like eating an entire arm.

Lifa observed him worriedly as she held out her hand to him. “How are you feeling?” She asked, “No weird growths or anything?”

((Bit of a short post but wanted to get something out >.>))
Jazmine - Feasting Room - Interacting with: Evena, Tristan, Idalia
Jazmine nodded, mulling over the information. There was probably a lot of information that was going to be lacking, no matter who she asked, so this was probably going to be a bit more difficult than a normal mission. Oh, well. The longer she took here, the less likely certain unsavory individuals were to find her.

"Hm. Well, I deeply appreciate the information that has been provided. I would assume we will be working together for the duration of our little... journey, yes?" Jazmine said.

She found herself relaxing a bit. These people seemed well meaning enough. Not that one could put stock in "well-meaning" but so long as those demons didn't attack anytime soon again, she was safe.
Theodore - The Oceangate Portal - Interacting with: Scooby Doo and the Gang (same guys as before)
Theodore nodded at Lexi's warning. "Well, I do appreciate the head's up, but ah... well, let's say that my soul can't get much more damaged."

Theodore noticed the smell of fish, inhaling deeply and savoring the scent. It had been a while since he had been by a fishing town, and frankly he missed it a bit. It reminded him a bit of when he lived with his parents, a bit of a nostalgic scent.

Theo looked to Zerina and shrugged. "Eh. I haven't been in a church in a while, so I don't have much frame of reference. Though, I suppose this place does have a bit of familiarity behind it, which is quite welcome in my opinion."
Jazmine - Feasting Room - Interacting with: Evena, Tristan, Idalia
Jazmine nodded, mulling over the information. There was probably a lot of information that was going to be lacking, no matter who she asked, so this was probably going to be a bit more difficult than a normal mission. Oh, well. The longer she took here, the less likely certain unsavory individuals were to find her.

"Hm. Well, I deeply appreciate the information that has been provided. I would assume we will be working together for the duration of our little... journey, yes?" Jazmine said.

She found herself relaxing a bit. These people seemed well meaning enough. Not that one could put stock in "well-meaning" but so long as those demons didn't attack anytime soon again, she was safe.
Theodore - The Oceangate Portal - Interacting with: Scooby Doo and the Gang (same guys as before)
Theodore nodded at Lexi's warning. "Well, I do appreciate the head's up, but ah... well, let's say that my soul can't get much more damaged."

Theodore noticed the smell of fish, inhaling deeply and savoring the scent. It had been a while since he had been by a fishing town, and frankly he missed it a bit. It reminded him a bit of when he lived with his parents, a bit of a nostalgic scent.

Theo looked to Zerina and shrugged. "Eh. I haven't been in a church in a while, so I don't have much frame of reference. Though, I suppose this place does have a bit of familiarity behind it, which is quite welcome in my opinion."
xCQDmTE.png Big fan of RP and mafia games, also super hyped for ArtFight this year

Oh and I also used to be Dragonclaw101

Clayton Academy
Aurous Castle Feasting Room
“Hmph, I’m simply stating the truth! Besides, it’s because heroes are such layabouts that something like Aerie was born,” Idalia said, “If that hurts your feelings, then it’s your own fault.” She folded her fan in and then pointed it at Tristan challengingly, “If you’re so hurt by it, then why don't you prove me wrong? I might recant my words if you guys could do something extraordinary. Like, I don't know… maybe finding the demon spire while it's hidden?”

Onyx seemed a bit taken back by North, stepping back slightly so they weren't so close. They then chuckled. “I suppose spatial magic is rather more on the odd side, but it’s not too strange once you get the hang of it,” Onyx said, then tilting their head, “Teach you? Well… I suppose I could try. Spatial magic is fairly complicated though. Well, the very first step at least is to establish your system of coordinates. Basically, you want to inscribe space. You can learn a pre-existing one or make your own.” The student held out their key, it morphing again as the spatial rift disappeared. “These keys are my own creation, and basically link to sub dimensions that store things. You can think of it as writing down the shorthand of an address. Though, Aerie knows a lot more of the specifics with spatial magic better than me. She’s always researching it after all.”

Aerie sheepishly scratched her head, a bit of dark tealish dust scattering from where she had scratched. “Well I mean, I wouldn't say I’m an expert. It’s just something I’m interested in,” she said, then glancing over to Idalia and Tristan nervously. There were a few spots of some sort of airy moss or spores growing on her hand, spreading slightly but retracting as she breathed in, calming herself.
Oceanvault
If the group approached the beach, the small figure of what looked to be a young girl could be seen. It was a bit hard to make out as they were still a bit far, but she seemed to be wearing a thick coat with a fluffy collar and long sleeves. She was pacing back and forth, looking to be staring intently at the sea like she was waiting for something or perhaps... looking for something? She was definitely out of place though. The sky was getting dark and the tide of the ocean were only getting more turbulent. Judging by the weathering on the cliffside as well, the tides at Oceanvault got pretty rough. It was no time or place for a young girl to be out alone.

((short post since what happens next is gonna depend on what y'all do ^^))
Aurous Castle Feasting Room
“Hmph, I’m simply stating the truth! Besides, it’s because heroes are such layabouts that something like Aerie was born,” Idalia said, “If that hurts your feelings, then it’s your own fault.” She folded her fan in and then pointed it at Tristan challengingly, “If you’re so hurt by it, then why don't you prove me wrong? I might recant my words if you guys could do something extraordinary. Like, I don't know… maybe finding the demon spire while it's hidden?”

Onyx seemed a bit taken back by North, stepping back slightly so they weren't so close. They then chuckled. “I suppose spatial magic is rather more on the odd side, but it’s not too strange once you get the hang of it,” Onyx said, then tilting their head, “Teach you? Well… I suppose I could try. Spatial magic is fairly complicated though. Well, the very first step at least is to establish your system of coordinates. Basically, you want to inscribe space. You can learn a pre-existing one or make your own.” The student held out their key, it morphing again as the spatial rift disappeared. “These keys are my own creation, and basically link to sub dimensions that store things. You can think of it as writing down the shorthand of an address. Though, Aerie knows a lot more of the specifics with spatial magic better than me. She’s always researching it after all.”

Aerie sheepishly scratched her head, a bit of dark tealish dust scattering from where she had scratched. “Well I mean, I wouldn't say I’m an expert. It’s just something I’m interested in,” she said, then glancing over to Idalia and Tristan nervously. There were a few spots of some sort of airy moss or spores growing on her hand, spreading slightly but retracting as she breathed in, calming herself.
Oceanvault
If the group approached the beach, the small figure of what looked to be a young girl could be seen. It was a bit hard to make out as they were still a bit far, but she seemed to be wearing a thick coat with a fluffy collar and long sleeves. She was pacing back and forth, looking to be staring intently at the sea like she was waiting for something or perhaps... looking for something? She was definitely out of place though. The sky was getting dark and the tide of the ocean were only getting more turbulent. Judging by the weathering on the cliffside as well, the tides at Oceanvault got pretty rough. It was no time or place for a young girl to be out alone.

((short post since what happens next is gonna depend on what y'all do ^^))
1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14