Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Assassin's Guild(IC/1 SLOT LEFT)
1 2
[img]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/890314158971695174/906029013175255040/Lance_Savage.png[/img] For a split second it looked like he just tried to blink ‘sideways’ yet wasn’t hardly shifted enough to have a nictitating membrane. So it looked rather weird and more like an awkward squint as he thought, [i]WHY DO YOU HAVE TO HAVE SO MUCH ACTUALLY FASCINATING CRAP!? THIS IS THE SORT OF THING SARAH THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN DELIGHTED TO NO END BY![/i] There was a moment as Lance’s hand slipped into his coat as he started to further register everything that had just been said. His tongue flicked out as he added mentally, [i]And there goes this attempt at getting Feral enough to catch the one I really hate off guard… As I lack the will to be able to turn down an offer at the moment. Even if I’ll just be hungry again in a little over ten minutes.[/i] Lance’s hand closed around a notebook as he said, [i]“R-Riiiighht… I… I-I… Uhhhh… Errr… I-I… Ummm…”[/i] His eyes slitted up a bit at the stronger scent of blood in the clay pot and he visibly ran his tongue over his fangs before hissing more at himself as he thought, [i]Stop looking like a hunger driven dumba*s and say something![/i] Lance then shook his head a bit as he took the sentence again, “Let’s try that again, I mistook the sound of your steed for a wounded shifter………………” There was a rather long pause and it looked like Lance almost wanted to try and decline the rather kind offer for a bit of blood. Yet the fact that he wouldn’t truly stop staring at the serpent carved pot and that his stomach was growling proved otherwise. Lance started to hold out the notebook only to get half way there and stare it with a bit of confusion as he said, “That’s also not what I wanted… Just a second here…” He put the notebook away, but not before anyone could have easily seen the cover of it. The black letters seemed almost scorched into the cover and there was a drawing done in a similar manner that looked quite a bit like a Blood Wyvern: [center][size=6][size=6][b][Font=SignPainter]Field Notes on Vampirism & Vampiric Creatures[/size][/size] *Drawing* [size=4][Font=SignPainter][b]Written by Sarah & Lance Savage[/b][/center] Lance then pulled out a cup as he said, “Sorry about the mix up… My wife was fascinated by vampirism and some part of my mind must’ve wanted to take notes on your equine? Whatever you wanna call it.” He glanced over at Alia and thought, [i]Oh no… Or is it a yes at this point? Who cares? As this could end in a bloody conflict… And I’m down for the aftermath… [/i] ------ [img]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/890314158971695174/906029121736433664/Thira_Dorrin.png[/img] She picked up on the fact Edith seemed bothered by something and put two and two together as she thought, [i]Her old home perhaps? Or just regular paranoia?[/i] Thira tipped her head a bit as she said, “I can back off if… If you’d like… I was just going to hide out here for a few days before the serpent got sketched out and made me leave.” Thira didn’t truly relax, but it was more a force of habit than true aggression or fear… As she doubted her ability to win in a 1v1 with the four armed girl and not also get the attention of half the neighborhood. But it didn’t stop her inner serpent from moving around like a nervous wreck. ------ [img]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/890314158971695174/906028965804773386/Areis_Terion.png[/img] She started to walk over to the stall she worked at only to feel a sort of unease… Like someone was watching her. Or at least something wasn’t right. Areis’ hand gripped the wooden corner of the stall as she thought, [i]Well… My shadow mode is the most discreet if I’m focused and don’t let my shadow run wild. And I could just look at the souls of the crowd… The guild leaves a stain on it’s victims…[/i] Areis got behind the counter and closed her eyes for a split second as her shadow merely twitched just a little to indicate the active use of her magic. Her eyes glittered for a second as she looked out at the souls of those around her, almost settling down when she saw a ‘stained’ soul moving around and hid her mortified expression as she started to internally freak out. ((Areis has only seen Jazmine, but only b/c the soul thing and the logical conclusion that most guild members have done something horrible)) --------- [img]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/890314158971695174/906029064467410964/Serena_Eldritch.png[/img] Serena stood up when she overheard someone talking not all that far away and retracted her tongue as she thought, [i]Time to be a ‘nosey neighbor’ and see if I can figure out what’s going on.[/i] Unfortunately for her… The chatter gave off the feeling of possibly dying off as Serena approached, but not before she saw someone she both did and didn’t recognize along with two other people she only vaguely remembered. Serena didn’t want to draw attention to the group as not everyone was as capable of committing to a fight, so she just stood with her back to the wall in a nearby alley to observe.
Lance_Savage.png

For a split second it looked like he just tried to blink ‘sideways’ yet wasn’t hardly shifted enough to have a nictitating membrane. So it looked rather weird and more like an awkward squint as he thought,
WHY DO YOU HAVE TO HAVE SO MUCH ACTUALLY FASCINATING CRAP!? THIS IS THE SORT OF THING SARAH THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN DELIGHTED TO NO END BY!
There was a moment as Lance’s hand slipped into his coat as he started to further register everything that had just been said. His tongue flicked out as he added mentally,
And there goes this attempt at getting Feral enough to catch the one I really hate off guard… As I lack the will to be able to turn down an offer at the moment.
Even if I’ll just be hungry again in a little over ten minutes.

Lance’s hand closed around a notebook as he said,
“R-Riiiighht… I… I-I… Uhhhh… Errr… I-I… Ummm…”
His eyes slitted up a bit at the stronger scent of blood in the clay pot and he visibly ran his tongue over his fangs before hissing more at himself as he thought,
Stop looking like a hunger driven dumba*s and say something!
Lance then shook his head a bit as he took the sentence again,
“Let’s try that again, I mistook the sound of your steed for a wounded shifter………………”

There was a rather long pause and it looked like Lance almost wanted to try and decline the rather kind offer for a bit of blood. Yet the fact that he wouldn’t truly stop staring at the serpent carved pot and that his stomach was growling proved otherwise. Lance started to hold out the notebook only to get half way there and stare it with a bit of confusion as he said,
“That’s also not what I wanted… Just a second here…”
He put the notebook away, but not before anyone could have easily seen the cover of it.

The black letters seemed almost scorched into the cover and there was a drawing done in a similar manner that looked quite a bit like a Blood Wyvern:
Field Notes on Vampirism & Vampiric Creatures

*Drawing*

Written by Sarah & Lance Savage

Lance then pulled out a cup as he said,
“Sorry about the mix up… My wife was fascinated by vampirism and some part of my mind must’ve wanted to take notes on your equine? Whatever you wanna call it.”
He glanced over at Alia and thought,
Oh no… Or is it a yes at this point?
Who cares? As this could end in a bloody conflict…
And I’m down for the aftermath…

Thira_Dorrin.png

She picked up on the fact Edith seemed bothered by something and put two and two together as she thought,
Her old home perhaps? Or just regular paranoia?
Thira tipped her head a bit as she said,
“I can back off if… If you’d like… I was just going to hide out here for a few days before the serpent got sketched out and made me leave.”

Thira didn’t truly relax, but it was more a force of habit than true aggression or fear… As she doubted her ability to win in a 1v1 with the four armed girl and not also get the attention of half the neighborhood.
But it didn’t stop her inner serpent from moving around like a nervous wreck.

Areis_Terion.png

She started to walk over to the stall she worked at only to feel a sort of unease… Like someone was watching her. Or at least something wasn’t right.
Areis’ hand gripped the wooden corner of the stall as she thought,
Well… My shadow mode is the most discreet if I’m focused and don’t let my shadow run wild.
And I could just look at the souls of the crowd… The guild leaves a stain on it’s victims…

Areis got behind the counter and closed her eyes for a split second as her shadow merely twitched just a little to indicate the active use of her magic.
Her eyes glittered for a second as she looked out at the souls of those around her, almost settling down when she saw a ‘stained’ soul moving around and hid her mortified expression as she started to internally freak out.

((Areis has only seen Jazmine, but only b/c the soul thing and the logical conclusion that most guild members have done something horrible))

Serena_Eldritch.png

Serena stood up when she overheard someone talking not all that far away and retracted her tongue as she thought,
Time to be a ‘nosey neighbor’ and see if I can figure out what’s going on.

Unfortunately for her… The chatter gave off the feeling of possibly dying off as Serena approached, but not before she saw someone she both did and didn’t recognize along with two other people she only vaguely remembered. Serena didn’t want to draw attention to the group as not everyone was as capable of committing to a fight, so she just stood with her back to the wall in a nearby alley to observe.
slXRG.gif
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Dress up
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Basilisks
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif She/her
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Writer/artist

arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Lady, Smiles
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Theatre Kid/FR+ 3
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Roleplayer - Stafshall Park (OPEN!!!)
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Blood Wyverns
Zebediah
Interactions: Illunis, Rick, Serena(?)
For a second, Zebediah waited for a response to his question before a myriad of realizations bombarded him, causing the Fae to take a quick step backward as his right hand fell down to his side. For one the boy in front of him reeked of something foul, something that made him wrinkle his nose in distaste. Secondly, one of the young adult’s hands was reaching inside of the long coat wrapped around the other’s tensed shoulders. But the source of his reaction wasn't the stench or the possibility that the male was reaching for his weapon. No, it was that he recognized the boy in front of him--the teen was one of many that the Fae had encountered during his long time working as one of the Guild’s trainers.

The panic coiling in Zebediah’s gut settled into a primordial fear as something dawned on him, his eyes widening slightly at the thought--he was unarmed, save for the hunting knife hanging at his belt. His mind racing as the boy gave a stuttered response, Zebediah settled on using the only other weapon he had available: his magic. So he gave a small smile, a bit more strained than he would have liked, before he said, "Oh, well, don't let me keep you then. I should probably get going myself. I have to make lunch for my daughter,” though he knew that it was a little too slow to be natural.

Seeing how the other had yet to draw a weapon and wasn’t giving chase, an inkling of suspicion appeared in the Fae’s mind. Was he a runaway too? Still, it wasn’t a risk he was keen on taking, even if he felt pity for the teenager—especially since the boy was the perfect assassin to send after him—so he started to walk away.

“Passing on some generosity I’ve been shown.” The words slipped out of his mouth before Zebediah realized what was happening, causing his brow to furrow. Regardless, he tossed over a few coins from the few he had stashed in his coin pouch.

Before he could depart, a stranger came into view, clearly approaching them. The Fae couldn't help but suck in a quiet breath of air before he turned towards the side with a small wave, knowing that keeping his disguise up would be key to his survival. He headed towards a thin street, thinking that the alleyway between the residential buildings could serve as an escape option if he vaulted the rooftops. Still, he was hoping to avoid drawing attention to himself, so he remained grounded.

Taming a small breath to calm himself, the Fae turned towards the stranger and gave another polite smile before straightening, as if he’d just noticing the man. “Oh, don’t mind us,” he said, doing his best to appear relaxed and unconcerned with the rapidly declining situation. “I was jumping to conclusions, that’s all. Hopefully I didn’t bother you too much,” he said, directing the later at the boy.

Even as he tried his best to politely escape the situation, the Fae cursed his bleeding heart, thinking that he could have disappeared down the alley by now if he hadn’t paused to help the teen. Still, he kept his eyes peeled for any signs that the two recognized each other. The man who’d just approached them seemed to be in much better condition than the boy, leading Zebediah to doubt the possibility that the two had any prior relationship, a normal one, anyhow.
Zebediah
Interactions: Illunis, Rick, Serena(?)
For a second, Zebediah waited for a response to his question before a myriad of realizations bombarded him, causing the Fae to take a quick step backward as his right hand fell down to his side. For one the boy in front of him reeked of something foul, something that made him wrinkle his nose in distaste. Secondly, one of the young adult’s hands was reaching inside of the long coat wrapped around the other’s tensed shoulders. But the source of his reaction wasn't the stench or the possibility that the male was reaching for his weapon. No, it was that he recognized the boy in front of him--the teen was one of many that the Fae had encountered during his long time working as one of the Guild’s trainers.

The panic coiling in Zebediah’s gut settled into a primordial fear as something dawned on him, his eyes widening slightly at the thought--he was unarmed, save for the hunting knife hanging at his belt. His mind racing as the boy gave a stuttered response, Zebediah settled on using the only other weapon he had available: his magic. So he gave a small smile, a bit more strained than he would have liked, before he said, "Oh, well, don't let me keep you then. I should probably get going myself. I have to make lunch for my daughter,” though he knew that it was a little too slow to be natural.

Seeing how the other had yet to draw a weapon and wasn’t giving chase, an inkling of suspicion appeared in the Fae’s mind. Was he a runaway too? Still, it wasn’t a risk he was keen on taking, even if he felt pity for the teenager—especially since the boy was the perfect assassin to send after him—so he started to walk away.

“Passing on some generosity I’ve been shown.” The words slipped out of his mouth before Zebediah realized what was happening, causing his brow to furrow. Regardless, he tossed over a few coins from the few he had stashed in his coin pouch.

Before he could depart, a stranger came into view, clearly approaching them. The Fae couldn't help but suck in a quiet breath of air before he turned towards the side with a small wave, knowing that keeping his disguise up would be key to his survival. He headed towards a thin street, thinking that the alleyway between the residential buildings could serve as an escape option if he vaulted the rooftops. Still, he was hoping to avoid drawing attention to himself, so he remained grounded.

Taming a small breath to calm himself, the Fae turned towards the stranger and gave another polite smile before straightening, as if he’d just noticing the man. “Oh, don’t mind us,” he said, doing his best to appear relaxed and unconcerned with the rapidly declining situation. “I was jumping to conclusions, that’s all. Hopefully I didn’t bother you too much,” he said, directing the later at the boy.

Even as he tried his best to politely escape the situation, the Fae cursed his bleeding heart, thinking that he could have disappeared down the alley by now if he hadn’t paused to help the teen. Still, he kept his eyes peeled for any signs that the two recognized each other. The man who’d just approached them seemed to be in much better condition than the boy, leading Zebediah to doubt the possibility that the two had any prior relationship, a normal one, anyhow.
maGaaTX.png
WeaverofLies
She/Her
+2 FR
Kado

The man grinned before placing the massive glorified teapot down in front of the vampiric man before him. One hand still keeping the head of the Celestial Spoil away from the jug that it was still trying to get at. With a slight flare of his aura, the creature shivered before pulling its head away from the pot and Kado's hand. Sending one last glare at the pot before beginning to preen at its some of the flight mused feathers of its wings. taking his attention away from the angered summon, Kado focused back on Lance, the edge of his lips tilting up ever so slightly as he watched the other.

"I wouldn't mind telling you what I do know about them, but as of now there isn''t much that I do know. Crimson Spoil, what I've been taking to calling this beauty, is a mix of three cards and two of them happened to have vampiric habits. Lets see, I think that it was the Nightmare and the Star Dancer that had the vampiric diets, though they were both secondary. The Nightmare drinks the blood of its prey first before eating it and the Star Dancer ate everything and drank the blood of Gem-Sith in order to grow the colorful gems that they sport during mating season. I can only assume that I got something of both of those behaviors from its fusion materials." He informed, one hand moving up to tap at his chin, eyes darting from Lance to the Celestial Spoil every few seconds as he spoke.

The creatures ears flicked, head rising from its dark plumage to look at one of the other Assassins. Lips pulling back as it shifted from hoof to hoof, feathers bristling enough that Kado turned away from his conversation with Lance. Blue eyes still faintly glowing due to the fact he had two summons out.

"It was a very thrilling hunt. Some of my best hunters had a very filling meal." He grinned, unusually sharp canines gleaming slightly as the cards that had gotten their fill seemed to vibrate in the back of his head. Then that smile dropped, body language shifting from its previously warm and friendly demeanor to something cold. Previously contained aura released itself slowly, and the air around him seemed to cool rapidly as a result. Not once did his gaze waver from the woman standing before him that dared to take that form. She even dared to make it imperfectly, because the freckles were in the wrong place and his her eyes, lacked the light purple tint that Illunis's had around the pupil. Though it was close enough that it was apparent that the other had made eye contact with his charge before.

Anger flared through him, the emotion clear on his face and hopefully it would be confused with anger that she had dared to shove the traitor that he had brought into the Guild in his face and not that she had dared to imitate someone so dear to him in the first place. All of his attention and aura was now focused on her, and even Spoil was beginning to sense the tension within its summoner. Ears flexing back all the way against its skull as it stamped a hoof.

"If you want to continue breathing then you better change back before I accidentally mistake you for him." Voice coming out as a growl, Kado continued to make her the absolute center of his attention. Blocking almost everything else out as he honed in on the changeling.

Illunis

He nodded slowly, knowing that the slowness of the others answer meant that they might be suspicious of him as well. The tossing of a few coins his way though... that surprised him. One of the tentacles that had been prepared for attack quickly reacted and snapped them up, covering the objects in a thin layer of dark slime and blood before retreating back under Illunis's shirt and coat. A slight shiver going up the young adults spine as the cold metal met his skin.

"Thank you." He nodded again, quickly trying to retreat without taking his eyes off of the person in front of him. Another tingle went doen his spine and he almost immediately forgot about that as he looked around quickly to see what had drawn the others attention. A man stood there, taller than Illunis by almost a complete foot, and sent even more shivers of unease down Illunis's back. Because he recognized that man as well. Mostly from a distance because there was something about the other (other than the others rapid rise to beta) that set Illunis's teeth on edge.

Carefully turning once more he moved to back away down an alley where he could still see both of them. Because they both were defiently in better shape than he was. Both of them obviously well fed and still backed by the Guild. Noticing the looks that the man who had shared his coin was giving the other Illunis's mind went wild with the implication that they were both working together with the Guild.

Quickly hightailing it, he quickly gave up his ability to look at the two in order to run down the alleyway closest to him as fast as he could. What he didn't notice was the person standing in it, or the distance between them. So when he turned and blindly ran, he instead crashed into them. Vaguely recognizing brown hair and purple eyes before quickly blathering apologies and continuing his escape attempt.
Kado

The man grinned before placing the massive glorified teapot down in front of the vampiric man before him. One hand still keeping the head of the Celestial Spoil away from the jug that it was still trying to get at. With a slight flare of his aura, the creature shivered before pulling its head away from the pot and Kado's hand. Sending one last glare at the pot before beginning to preen at its some of the flight mused feathers of its wings. taking his attention away from the angered summon, Kado focused back on Lance, the edge of his lips tilting up ever so slightly as he watched the other.

"I wouldn't mind telling you what I do know about them, but as of now there isn''t much that I do know. Crimson Spoil, what I've been taking to calling this beauty, is a mix of three cards and two of them happened to have vampiric habits. Lets see, I think that it was the Nightmare and the Star Dancer that had the vampiric diets, though they were both secondary. The Nightmare drinks the blood of its prey first before eating it and the Star Dancer ate everything and drank the blood of Gem-Sith in order to grow the colorful gems that they sport during mating season. I can only assume that I got something of both of those behaviors from its fusion materials." He informed, one hand moving up to tap at his chin, eyes darting from Lance to the Celestial Spoil every few seconds as he spoke.

The creatures ears flicked, head rising from its dark plumage to look at one of the other Assassins. Lips pulling back as it shifted from hoof to hoof, feathers bristling enough that Kado turned away from his conversation with Lance. Blue eyes still faintly glowing due to the fact he had two summons out.

"It was a very thrilling hunt. Some of my best hunters had a very filling meal." He grinned, unusually sharp canines gleaming slightly as the cards that had gotten their fill seemed to vibrate in the back of his head. Then that smile dropped, body language shifting from its previously warm and friendly demeanor to something cold. Previously contained aura released itself slowly, and the air around him seemed to cool rapidly as a result. Not once did his gaze waver from the woman standing before him that dared to take that form. She even dared to make it imperfectly, because the freckles were in the wrong place and his her eyes, lacked the light purple tint that Illunis's had around the pupil. Though it was close enough that it was apparent that the other had made eye contact with his charge before.

Anger flared through him, the emotion clear on his face and hopefully it would be confused with anger that she had dared to shove the traitor that he had brought into the Guild in his face and not that she had dared to imitate someone so dear to him in the first place. All of his attention and aura was now focused on her, and even Spoil was beginning to sense the tension within its summoner. Ears flexing back all the way against its skull as it stamped a hoof.

"If you want to continue breathing then you better change back before I accidentally mistake you for him." Voice coming out as a growl, Kado continued to make her the absolute center of his attention. Blocking almost everything else out as he honed in on the changeling.

Illunis

He nodded slowly, knowing that the slowness of the others answer meant that they might be suspicious of him as well. The tossing of a few coins his way though... that surprised him. One of the tentacles that had been prepared for attack quickly reacted and snapped them up, covering the objects in a thin layer of dark slime and blood before retreating back under Illunis's shirt and coat. A slight shiver going up the young adults spine as the cold metal met his skin.

"Thank you." He nodded again, quickly trying to retreat without taking his eyes off of the person in front of him. Another tingle went doen his spine and he almost immediately forgot about that as he looked around quickly to see what had drawn the others attention. A man stood there, taller than Illunis by almost a complete foot, and sent even more shivers of unease down Illunis's back. Because he recognized that man as well. Mostly from a distance because there was something about the other (other than the others rapid rise to beta) that set Illunis's teeth on edge.

Carefully turning once more he moved to back away down an alley where he could still see both of them. Because they both were defiently in better shape than he was. Both of them obviously well fed and still backed by the Guild. Noticing the looks that the man who had shared his coin was giving the other Illunis's mind went wild with the implication that they were both working together with the Guild.

Quickly hightailing it, he quickly gave up his ability to look at the two in order to run down the alleyway closest to him as fast as he could. What he didn't notice was the person standing in it, or the distance between them. So when he turned and blindly ran, he instead crashed into them. Vaguely recognizing brown hair and purple eyes before quickly blathering apologies and continuing his escape attempt.
oulcMpY.gif
Aila just barely maintained their smile despite the bloodlust directed at them and the goosebumps forming on their skin that they quickly suppressed. People sometimes got angry when the Changeling impersonated someone close to them, but they hadn't expected Kado of all people to be that angry. A simple yes or no answer would suffice but instead, they had gotten a threat on their life. That in itself was interesting and a part of them wanted to push Kado a bit further so they could figure out his reaction. This anger couldn't have been just from seeing a traitor of his own making, could it? Was his loyalty to the guild truly that strong? They didn't think so. And the normal reaction would have a bit of sorrow mixed in, wouldn't it? Well, if he could actually feel sorrow in the first place. Still, it seemed that maybe he actually cared about Illunis, to be that angry, whether it was about his betrayal or something else... Hm well, Aila didn't exactly want to die right now, so instead, she pushed those thoughts to the back of her mind and just tilted her head in innocent confusion as her red hair darkened back to black.

"Ah sorry sorry, just thinking to myself," Aila said, "I forget where his freckles are, those kinds of details on a person seem to always change. Well, it's a good exercise in that way to force myself to take on his shape."

She touched her cheek, the freckles moving around for a few moments before they disappeared altogether. She then stretched, long hair growing back as her face melded to its original shape. She looked from Kado to Lance, weighing whether she should also make her pitch to them as well as Nala. No, Lance already looked very tired and didn't seem particularly interested in the escapees in the first place. Kado probably wouldn't want her help either, and it'd be best if Nala thought she was the only one that Aila placed her trust in.

"In any case, I've already heard some rumors so I'll go and investigate those," Aila said, " Ah, don't worry. I'll keep my hands off that Illunis kid since he seems to be a special case. There have already been sightings of him so you'd better move fast before someone else that's not as gracious as me gets the jump on him."
Edith scratched her neck, her hair flattening a little bit as she let her arms down in a more relaxed way. Thira still seemed on edge but at least not about to attack her. Both of them probably didn't want to get into a fight right now anyhow. She probably shouldn't have been so quick to pick a fight, seeing that she was supposed to be lying low or something. She shook her head. What was she saying about a serpent or something? She wanted to hide out in her old house? Edith shrugged.

"You can use it if you want, I'm not planning to stay for long anyway," She said, "Besides if you can find shelter in this blasted house, it'd probably have served a better purpose than anything it did for me."

The tarantula lady moved carefully past Thira into her old home, not wanting to startle her or anything. She looked around the strangely familiar place, worn away by time. It had already been falling apart when she lived there and now it was even more so. Somehow, it looked more welcoming knowing her parents were dead though, even if there was still a dark red stain that hadn't been completely washed off in one corner. The kitchen table with its gnawed legs, one longer than the other. The rolled-up moth-eaten carpet that Edmund and Edith had huddled in for warmth. The oven with its cracks and rusted metal grate. She looked back to Thira, beckoning her in.

"We stored firewood over there, not sure if it's been molded by now though," She pointed past the table to a storage box, then pacing around and looking at the ceiling before she found what she remembered, "The ceiling drips over here so you can collect and boil some water when it's raining, and that corner over there should be the warmest since there are no cracks and it has the most solid walls. Oh, and there should be a small hole somewhere in this wall that you can use to check outside for anyone approaching..."
Xiao hummed, walking along the streets as if it was just another normal day and he wasn't being hunted down by a guild of assassins right this second. Honesty, it was quite fun camping out in the woods or in random abandoned homes. He'd even made some wolf friends in his time in the woods. After they figured out he wasn't very tasty to eat and he gave them some month-old jerky instead, they seemed to warm up to him. Camping did make him smell a bit more than usual, but that's what his perfume was for. Speaking of... he was pretty sure he had run out of some stuff? Oh right right... he was supposed to be buying some extra ingredients. That's why he'd gone into the town. He wasn't here just to sightsee, though that sounded fun as well. Where was the ingredients shop again? Wait no, didn't he have to sell something to make money first to buy the ingredients? But he couldn't make anything to sell unless he already had ingredients to make things, but then he'd need money to buy those ingredients to make things to sell. Hm? The Jiangshi scratched his head, so wait, what had he come for again...?
Aila just barely maintained their smile despite the bloodlust directed at them and the goosebumps forming on their skin that they quickly suppressed. People sometimes got angry when the Changeling impersonated someone close to them, but they hadn't expected Kado of all people to be that angry. A simple yes or no answer would suffice but instead, they had gotten a threat on their life. That in itself was interesting and a part of them wanted to push Kado a bit further so they could figure out his reaction. This anger couldn't have been just from seeing a traitor of his own making, could it? Was his loyalty to the guild truly that strong? They didn't think so. And the normal reaction would have a bit of sorrow mixed in, wouldn't it? Well, if he could actually feel sorrow in the first place. Still, it seemed that maybe he actually cared about Illunis, to be that angry, whether it was about his betrayal or something else... Hm well, Aila didn't exactly want to die right now, so instead, she pushed those thoughts to the back of her mind and just tilted her head in innocent confusion as her red hair darkened back to black.

"Ah sorry sorry, just thinking to myself," Aila said, "I forget where his freckles are, those kinds of details on a person seem to always change. Well, it's a good exercise in that way to force myself to take on his shape."

She touched her cheek, the freckles moving around for a few moments before they disappeared altogether. She then stretched, long hair growing back as her face melded to its original shape. She looked from Kado to Lance, weighing whether she should also make her pitch to them as well as Nala. No, Lance already looked very tired and didn't seem particularly interested in the escapees in the first place. Kado probably wouldn't want her help either, and it'd be best if Nala thought she was the only one that Aila placed her trust in.

"In any case, I've already heard some rumors so I'll go and investigate those," Aila said, " Ah, don't worry. I'll keep my hands off that Illunis kid since he seems to be a special case. There have already been sightings of him so you'd better move fast before someone else that's not as gracious as me gets the jump on him."
Edith scratched her neck, her hair flattening a little bit as she let her arms down in a more relaxed way. Thira still seemed on edge but at least not about to attack her. Both of them probably didn't want to get into a fight right now anyhow. She probably shouldn't have been so quick to pick a fight, seeing that she was supposed to be lying low or something. She shook her head. What was she saying about a serpent or something? She wanted to hide out in her old house? Edith shrugged.

"You can use it if you want, I'm not planning to stay for long anyway," She said, "Besides if you can find shelter in this blasted house, it'd probably have served a better purpose than anything it did for me."

The tarantula lady moved carefully past Thira into her old home, not wanting to startle her or anything. She looked around the strangely familiar place, worn away by time. It had already been falling apart when she lived there and now it was even more so. Somehow, it looked more welcoming knowing her parents were dead though, even if there was still a dark red stain that hadn't been completely washed off in one corner. The kitchen table with its gnawed legs, one longer than the other. The rolled-up moth-eaten carpet that Edmund and Edith had huddled in for warmth. The oven with its cracks and rusted metal grate. She looked back to Thira, beckoning her in.

"We stored firewood over there, not sure if it's been molded by now though," She pointed past the table to a storage box, then pacing around and looking at the ceiling before she found what she remembered, "The ceiling drips over here so you can collect and boil some water when it's raining, and that corner over there should be the warmest since there are no cracks and it has the most solid walls. Oh, and there should be a small hole somewhere in this wall that you can use to check outside for anyone approaching..."
Xiao hummed, walking along the streets as if it was just another normal day and he wasn't being hunted down by a guild of assassins right this second. Honesty, it was quite fun camping out in the woods or in random abandoned homes. He'd even made some wolf friends in his time in the woods. After they figured out he wasn't very tasty to eat and he gave them some month-old jerky instead, they seemed to warm up to him. Camping did make him smell a bit more than usual, but that's what his perfume was for. Speaking of... he was pretty sure he had run out of some stuff? Oh right right... he was supposed to be buying some extra ingredients. That's why he'd gone into the town. He wasn't here just to sightsee, though that sounded fun as well. Where was the ingredients shop again? Wait no, didn't he have to sell something to make money first to buy the ingredients? But he couldn't make anything to sell unless he already had ingredients to make things, but then he'd need money to buy those ingredients to make things to sell. Hm? The Jiangshi scratched his head, so wait, what had he come for again...?
y21uwBu.pngSgW17Yj.pngb8hHhx1.png
[img]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/890314158971695174/906029013175255040/Lance_Savage.png[/img] He did what any normal person would and merely observed the drama between Kado and Alia. Acting like it was completely normal to pour blood into a cup, and with practiced restraint set the pot down as he took a small drink from the cup and thought, [i]I’ll have to keep that information in my head as I don’t have any ink on me at the moment… Or just become a harasstive shadow about it… Though the name ‘Crimson Spoil’ admittedly does have a nice ring to it. And don’t have to worry all that much about me targeting Illunis… I understand how you feel towards the kid. Had some adopted kids of my own that Sarah wanted to mother the crap out of.[/i] Lance’s shadow twitched a bit as he said, “Been a while since I’ve seen this level of shapeshifting shenanigans… I got pranked by one back in my younger days when I stepped out of the tent to do something real quick. Only to be greeted by the sight of not-me about to kiss Sarah. I was so p*ssed in that moment but now I can’t help but laugh about it… Nilx I believe the particular breed of mimic was called, weird little things, have a more wisp like true form but steal the forms of others almost perfectly… Just without the memories of the victim and a few other hard to notice imperfections.” His free hand sliding into his coat as he took another controlled drink from the cup and thought, [i]Y’all talking about the escapees like it’s the only thing we’re killing at the moment… Unlike me who dinged a claw fighting someone for the rights to an Alpha level mark earlier. As I’m more familiar with the organization and can’t believe the guy I clawed up thought the mark was an actual prince! That’s just a rank if it’s a Beast Hunter… Like it says on the paper! Thus already making me more certified by the fact I’ve almost sent the group into hiding with my revenge quest against them.[/i] Lance then pulled the piece of paper out that had more information on it as he added, “I love how everyone is all up on the escapees like that’s the only interesting case now… Yet I sit here with a target I’ll have far too much fun with that I had to fight some half-witted Beta over ‘cause the idiot dun even know how the Beast Hunters work and how utterly meaningless a ‘Prince’ associated with them is in an actual court.” There was a slight undertone in his voice that came off as ‘don’t even try and mess with this kill, it’s mine, get your own’ that was legitimately intimidating as he thought, [i]I’m going to toy with you ‘Prince’ Nathan… Killing off your guards slowly and threatening you with the bodies of my meals so that you know who is hunting you. And can feel the fear of knowing I’m just toying with you and could easily just end you outright.[/i] ------ [img]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/890314158971695174/906029121736433664/Thira_Dorrin.png[/img] Her tongue flicked out in an almost involuntary action when Edith walked by and Thira regretted it as she could smell the condition of the house and thought, [i]Time hasn’t done this place any favors… Not that it looks like the previous owners put much effort into it to help prevent this.[/i] She felt her serpent start to settle a bit when she stepped inside and replied, “At least I truly don’t mind small spaces… Or slipping out at night to scavenge for a bit of wood that’ll actually burn and not just sit there and smolder while we stare at the mold in disappointment.” Thira barely even gave the darkened stain in the corner a second glance as she made note of all the useful yet admittedly depressing notes Edith was giving her about the home and thought, [i]I mean… I think I heard that her brother and her killed their parents, or maybe it was just her… Either way I can kinda see why as I know time couldn’t have been that cruel to this place. Kinda wish I coulda found my real parents but at the same time… Who cares about them anymore? Nancy was the best mother I had…[/i] She then intentionally stayed out of sight from the windows and closed door as she added, “Can’t be too disappointed with a place that has the decency to not charge rent… Though I think there’s someone that hit the mother of all safe houses as I think only certain people can open the door, seeing almost everyone fail to open it and found no key hole on the door either.” ------ [img]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/890314158971695174/906029064467410964/Serena_Eldritch.png[/img] She didn’t seem at all offended when the slightly younger boy accidentally crashed into her as she replied, “Oh you’re fine, [i]friend.”[/i] The way Serena put emphasis on the last word made it not only sound rather genuine, but like she was aware of the fact they had a somewhat similar breed of power. Serena then let her tentacles come out of her mouth and allowed herself to drool and produce quite a bit of her black saliva and leave it in thick pools around the alley as she thought, [i]That should help fend off any sort of pursuit, or by you some time since my spit is sticky and nullifies magic to a degree…[/i] She then ran a tongue along some of the walls to leave a thinner coating of the stuff there as well to kill the thought of flying as she retracted her tentacles and stared at Rick as she added mentally, [i]Oh, it’s you… The instant Beta that thinks we’re all insignificant… When in fact my true form would instill it’s fear on him just like everyone else, aside from another horror perhaps...[/i]
Lance_Savage.png

He did what any normal person would and merely observed the drama between Kado and Alia. Acting like it was completely normal to pour blood into a cup, and with practiced restraint set the pot down as he took a small drink from the cup and thought,
I’ll have to keep that information in my head as I don’t have any ink on me at the moment… Or just become a harasstive shadow about it… Though the name ‘Crimson Spoil’ admittedly does have a nice ring to it.
And don’t have to worry all that much about me targeting Illunis… I understand how you feel towards the kid. Had some adopted kids of my own that Sarah wanted to mother the crap out of.

Lance’s shadow twitched a bit as he said,
“Been a while since I’ve seen this level of shapeshifting shenanigans… I got pranked by one back in my younger days when I stepped out of the tent to do something real quick. Only to be greeted by the sight of not-me about to kiss Sarah. I was so p*ssed in that moment but now I can’t help but laugh about it… Nilx I believe the particular breed of mimic was called, weird little things, have a more wisp like true form but steal the forms of others almost perfectly… Just without the memories of the victim and a few other hard to notice imperfections.”
His free hand sliding into his coat as he took another controlled drink from the cup and thought,
Y’all talking about the escapees like it’s the only thing we’re killing at the moment… Unlike me who dinged a claw fighting someone for the rights to an Alpha level mark earlier. As I’m more familiar with the organization and can’t believe the guy I clawed up thought the mark was an actual prince! That’s just a rank if it’s a Beast Hunter… Like it says on the paper! Thus already making me more certified by the fact I’ve almost sent the group into hiding with my revenge quest against them.

Lance then pulled the piece of paper out that had more information on it as he added,
“I love how everyone is all up on the escapees like that’s the only interesting case now… Yet I sit here with a target I’ll have far too much fun with that I had to fight some half-witted Beta over ‘cause the idiot dun even know how the Beast Hunters work and how utterly meaningless a ‘Prince’ associated with them is in an actual court.”
There was a slight undertone in his voice that came off as ‘don’t even try and mess with this kill, it’s mine, get your own’ that was legitimately intimidating as he thought,
I’m going to toy with you ‘Prince’ Nathan… Killing off your guards slowly and threatening you with the bodies of my meals so that you know who is hunting you. And can feel the fear of knowing I’m just toying with you and could easily just end you outright.

Thira_Dorrin.png

Her tongue flicked out in an almost involuntary action when Edith walked by and Thira regretted it as she could smell the condition of the house and thought,
Time hasn’t done this place any favors… Not that it looks like the previous owners put much effort into it to help prevent this.
She felt her serpent start to settle a bit when she stepped inside and replied,
“At least I truly don’t mind small spaces… Or slipping out at night to scavenge for a bit of wood that’ll actually burn and not just sit there and smolder while we stare at the mold in disappointment.”

Thira barely even gave the darkened stain in the corner a second glance as she made note of all the useful yet admittedly depressing notes Edith was giving her about the home and thought,
I mean… I think I heard that her brother and her killed their parents, or maybe it was just her… Either way I can kinda see why as I know time couldn’t have been that cruel to this place.
Kinda wish I coulda found my real parents but at the same time… Who cares about them anymore? Nancy was the best mother I had…

She then intentionally stayed out of sight from the windows and closed door as she added,
“Can’t be too disappointed with a place that has the decency to not charge rent… Though I think there’s someone that hit the mother of all safe houses as I think only certain people can open the door, seeing almost everyone fail to open it and found no key hole on the door either.”

Serena_Eldritch.png

She didn’t seem at all offended when the slightly younger boy accidentally crashed into her as she replied,
“Oh you’re fine, friend.”
The way Serena put emphasis on the last word made it not only sound rather genuine, but like she was aware of the fact they had a somewhat similar breed of power.

Serena then let her tentacles come out of her mouth and allowed herself to drool and produce quite a bit of her black saliva and leave it in thick pools around the alley as she thought,
That should help fend off any sort of pursuit, or by you some time since my spit is sticky and nullifies magic to a degree…
She then ran a tongue along some of the walls to leave a thinner coating of the stuff there as well to kill the thought of flying as she retracted her tentacles and stared at Rick as she added mentally,
Oh, it’s you… The instant Beta that thinks we’re all insignificant… When in fact my true form would instill it’s fear on him just like everyone else, aside from another horror perhaps...
slXRG.gif
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Dress up
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Basilisks
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif She/her
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Writer/artist

arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Lady, Smiles
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Theatre Kid/FR+ 3
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Roleplayer - Stafshall Park (OPEN!!!)
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Blood Wyverns
Arevik & Seren
Int: Jasmine

"She saw me looking at her." Arevik let out a sigh, "of course."
Seren slapped him on the back of the head. "Idiot, you act like you've never done this before."
"I don't want to capture Jasmine." He complained.
"Really?"
"She's cool."
"She's a threat." Seren narrowed her eyes at him and picked up the pace. "We'll corner her at the edge of town. Keep on her tail, I'll control direction."
She broke away from him, short enough she blended into the crowd well, but people typically shrunk away when she moved close. Seren went around the long way, wanting to spook Jasmine into a corner so she'd not be able to run any longer.
Arevik walked a little faster. He smirked, watching how she weaved through the crowd. Her height was a big disadvantage, she rose above most of them, and her expression didn't help either.
"Let's just make this easy, hm?" Arevik mumbled to himself.
Arevik & Seren
Int: Jasmine

"She saw me looking at her." Arevik let out a sigh, "of course."
Seren slapped him on the back of the head. "Idiot, you act like you've never done this before."
"I don't want to capture Jasmine." He complained.
"Really?"
"She's cool."
"She's a threat." Seren narrowed her eyes at him and picked up the pace. "We'll corner her at the edge of town. Keep on her tail, I'll control direction."
She broke away from him, short enough she blended into the crowd well, but people typically shrunk away when she moved close. Seren went around the long way, wanting to spook Jasmine into a corner so she'd not be able to run any longer.
Arevik walked a little faster. He smirked, watching how she weaved through the crowd. Her height was a big disadvantage, she rose above most of them, and her expression didn't help either.
"Let's just make this easy, hm?" Arevik mumbled to himself.
HwHO2NM.png .....
San/Sanguine
She/Her
Give me Pumpkin Spice before I remove your kneecap privileges

~Savinore~
-Bar-

Savinore peered out of the bar window, watching the twins disappear in the crowd. His tail flicked to the side, his claws pressed against the window. His ears twitched, a grin creeping under his mask, then disappearing when he snapped back to attention.
He needed something to do.
Something to kill.
He narrowed his eyes, turning a chair over the other direction, sitting on it with a leg propped up, his forearms resting on the back of the oak. His tail flowed side to side as he grabbed a bottle's neck, swishing the bottle in his talons. The ice clinked against the glass.

(literally no idea what to do sksksk)
~Savinore~
-Bar-

Savinore peered out of the bar window, watching the twins disappear in the crowd. His tail flicked to the side, his claws pressed against the window. His ears twitched, a grin creeping under his mask, then disappearing when he snapped back to attention.
He needed something to do.
Something to kill.
He narrowed his eyes, turning a chair over the other direction, sitting on it with a leg propped up, his forearms resting on the back of the oak. His tail flowed side to side as he grabbed a bottle's neck, swishing the bottle in his talons. The ice clinked against the glass.

(literally no idea what to do sksksk)
8v0FNRM.png

• Zan/Sri
• He/Him
• Gay lad

• Art shop

• Artist ~ Role`player
U3NDFbt.png
1 2