Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Assassin's Guild (OOC/OPEN)
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 27 28
[b]Username[/b]: StarR3N [b]Name[/b]: Aila Circe [b]Gender:[/b] Nonbinary (She/They) [b]Age[/b] (18+): 22 [b]Species[/b]: Changeling [b]Image/description[/b]: In her normal appearance, Aila is rather tall and willowy. She has a generally thin frame and is on the more underweight side. Her skin is very pale, almost sickly looking which is contrasted by her long dark hair. She usually pulls her hair back into a ponytail or on rare occasions a bun for work. She has round lavender eyes that look dreamy and unfocused. On her shoulder blades are a pair of small black insect-like wings that she usually hides. She can be seen in many different outfits due her use of disguises, though she admits she likes to dress up a bit. She has an opal pocketwatch that has long since stopped working, but still keeps on her person at all times. [img]https://i.imgur.com/gjk5VFI.jpg[/img] [b]Height[/b]: 5'10" [b]Weight[/b]: 142lbs [b]Eye Color[/b]: Lavender [b]Hair Color[/b]: Black [b]Rank[/b] [i](Ranks will be Alpha to Zeta for the RP)[/i]: Gamma, Aila would like to advance, but they haven't had a good chance since the higher-ups are already wary of them. [b]Role[/b] [i](Escapee or Pursuer)[/i]: Pursuer [b]Skills[/b] [i](climbing, poison making, etc.)[/i]: [List] [*]Potion brewing, particularly of poisons. They can make almost any kind of tincture, like truth serums, hallucinogens, and though they don't like to, medicine. [*]Infiltration and information gathering [*]Sewing, they often make their own outfits for certain disguises [*]Weapon wielding, particularly swords and bows [*]Ranged combat, they have great accuracy with the bow and are able to hit their target without giving away their position. [/List] [b]Powers[/b] [i](magic wielding, flight, shapeshifting, etc.)[/i]: [List] [*]Charm magic: Aila can hypnotize people when they stare into her eyes, making them more agreeable and giving them a sense of euphoria which can get addicting. She can also do the same thing with her voice, but it's a lot less effective. With continued use, she can place "suggestions" into a person's mind that will compel them to do something specific or act a certain way. These suggestions become stronger the more she uses her charm magic on them and can linger for up to a month before fading. If she hasn't used charm magic for a while or if they become aware of the suggestion, it'll become weaker. [*]Disguise magic: Aila can alter their appearance to make them look like a completely different person, changing their hair, face, eyes, etc. as she pleases. They can generally mimic the appearance of anyone that they've met before as they remember. Aila can also change their overall build and body shape, though not too drastically (they can't double their height or turn very small or anything). The only thing they absolutely can't change is their wings. [*]Plant manipulation: Aila can control most plants, whether it be vines, roots, flowers, or seeds. She can cause them to grow spontaneously though this will make them wither afterward. While she can use it to create weapons or attack directly, she prefers having her plants release some kind of poison or sleeping agent in their pollen. She can also "speak" with plants and glean some information about the nearby area, though she has to be specific about the time frame especially with long-lived trees. She cannot "speak" to dead plants like wood and paper, but can still control them to a certain extent. [/List] [b]Personality[/b]: Aila projects a friendly and innocent facade, able to lie without batting an eye. They try to get along with everyone, and even if someone doesn't like them or bullies them, they still act friendly and sometimes downright oblivious. Despite this, they like the occasional bit of chaos and often manipulates others into fighting amongst themselves for no reason other than simple entertainment. While they look calm and level-headed, not letting anything get to them, they actually hold grudges for a long time and will always get their revenge. Aila is a meticulous planner, making multiple backup plans and being careful to the point of paranoia at times. They don't really like fighting and confrontation, so they often kill in a roundabout way with their poisons or by manipulating others. They can fight when it comes down to it, they've been through the Guild's training after all, it's just that they don't like it. [b]Backstory[/b] [i](Optional, a gist of how the character became associated with the Guild)[/i]: Aila was found abandoned by a witch called Opal Circe living in isolation away from other humans. From a young age, Aila learned about potion-making and herbs from her, seeing her as her mother figure. She learned to cook and live away from civilization, as well as that if she ever saw any others, she wouldn't interact with them under any circumstance. For the first few years, she seemed like a normal kid, though Opal did notice that her hair seemed to change color momentarily and she was never able to refuse Aila when she looked her in the eyes, no matter how set she had been. When Aila was around 10, an angry mob set Opal's whole forest on fires, bent on smoking out the "wicked witch" that they'd been informed lived there. Opal bought time for Aila to flee, and she ran away with the resolve to survive no matter the cost. On her own, she learned how to seek help from others and to better utilize her fae magic, but she also learned that she could only truly trust herself. It was also during this time that the Guild picked her up. [i]Other[/i]: [List] [*]Aila's favorite color is turquoise [*]Her pocketwatch was a keepsake from Opal [*]Most definitely has used her charm magic on everyone she's met. [/List]
Username: StarR3N
Name: Aila Circe
Age (18+): 22
Species: Changeling

Image/description:
In her normal appearance, Aila is rather tall and willowy. She has a generally thin frame and is on the more underweight side. Her skin is very pale, almost sickly looking which is contrasted by her long dark hair. She usually pulls her hair back into a ponytail or on rare occasions a bun for work. She has round lavender eyes that look dreamy and unfocused. On her shoulder blades are a pair of small black insect-like wings that she usually hides. She can be seen in many different outfits due her use of disguises, though she admits she likes to dress up a bit. She has an opal pocketwatch that has long since stopped working, but still keeps on her person at all times.
gjk5VFI.jpg

Height: 5'10"
Weight: 142lbs
Eye Color: Lavender
Hair Color: Black

Rank (Ranks will be Alpha to Zeta for the RP): Gamma, Aila would like to advance, but they haven't had a good chance since the higher-ups are already wary of them.
Role (Escapee or Pursuer): Pursuer

Skills (climbing, poison making, etc.):
  • Potion brewing, particularly of poisons. They can make almost any kind of tincture, like truth serums, hallucinogens, and though they don't like to, medicine.
  • Infiltration and information gathering
  • Sewing, they often make their own outfits for certain disguises
  • Weapon wielding, particularly swords and bows
  • Ranged combat, they have great accuracy with the bow and are able to hit their target without giving away their position.
Powers (magic wielding, flight, shapeshifting, etc.):
  • Charm magic: Aila can hypnotize people when they stare into her eyes, making them more agreeable and giving them a sense of euphoria which can get addicting. She can also do the same thing with her voice, but it's a lot less effective. With continued use, she can place "suggestions" into a person's mind that will compel them to do something specific or act a certain way. These suggestions become stronger the more she uses her charm magic on them and can linger for up to a month before fading. If she hasn't used charm magic for a while or if they become aware of the suggestion, it'll become weaker.
  • Disguise magic: Aila can alter their appearance to make them look like a completely different person, changing their hair, face, eyes, etc. as she pleases. They can generally mimic the appearance of anyone that they've met before as they remember. Aila can also change their overall build and body shape, though not too drastically (they can't double their height or turn very small or anything). The only thing they absolutely can't change is their wings.
  • Plant manipulation: Aila can control most plants, whether it be vines, roots, flowers, or seeds. She can cause them to grow spontaneously though this will make them wither afterward. While she can use it to create weapons or attack directly, she prefers having her plants release some kind of poison or sleeping agent in their pollen. She can also "speak" with plants and glean some information about the nearby area, though she has to be specific about the time frame especially with long-lived trees. She cannot "speak" to dead plants like wood and paper, but can still control them to a certain extent.

Personality:
Aila projects a friendly and innocent facade, able to lie without batting an eye. They try to get along with everyone, and even if someone doesn't like them or bullies them, they still act friendly and sometimes downright oblivious. Despite this, they like the occasional bit of chaos and often manipulates others into fighting amongst themselves for no reason other than simple entertainment. While they look calm and level-headed, not letting anything get to them, they actually hold grudges for a long time and will always get their revenge. Aila is a meticulous planner, making multiple backup plans and being careful to the point of paranoia at times. They don't really like fighting and confrontation, so they often kill in a roundabout way with their poisons or by manipulating others. They can fight when it comes down to it, they've been through the Guild's training after all, it's just that they don't like it.
Backstory (Optional, a gist of how the character became associated with the Guild):
Aila was found abandoned by a witch called Opal Circe living in isolation away from other humans. From a young age, Aila learned about potion-making and herbs from her, seeing her as her mother figure. She learned to cook and live away from civilization, as well as that if she ever saw any others, she wouldn't interact with them under any circumstance. For the first few years, she seemed like a normal kid, though Opal did notice that her hair seemed to change color momentarily and she was never able to refuse Aila when she looked her in the eyes, no matter how set she had been. When Aila was around 10, an angry mob set Opal's whole forest on fires, bent on smoking out the "wicked witch" that they'd been informed lived there. Opal bought time for Aila to flee, and she ran away with the resolve to survive no matter the cost. On her own, she learned how to seek help from others and to better utilize her fae magic, but she also learned that she could only truly trust herself. It was also during this time that the Guild picked her up.

Other:
  • Aila's favorite color is turquoise
  • Her pocketwatch was a keepsake from Opal
  • Most definitely has used her charm magic on everyone she's met.
y21uwBu.pngSgW17Yj.pngb8hHhx1.png
Tada, first time making a character based off a dragon, gonna yeet in a escapee later but for now just have my little witch changeling
Also I was thinking that the whole forest arson could've been directly or indirectly caused by the Guild, but wasn't sure if that was how they operated or not .3.
Tada, first time making a character based off a dragon, gonna yeet in a escapee later but for now just have my little witch changeling
Also I was thinking that the whole forest arson could've been directly or indirectly caused by the Guild, but wasn't sure if that was how they operated or not .3.
@Zantana I'd take a look at the rules once more... And he looks pretty good otherwise
@Zantana I'd take a look at the rules once more... And he looks pretty good otherwise
xCQDmTE.png Big fan of RP and mafia games, also super hyped for ArtFight this year

Oh and I also used to be Dragonclaw101

Clayton Academy
@StarR3N looks good, adding them in

Yes, the Guild could have started that fire for whatever reason. I'd also say that there should be some ability to resist the charm? Because it could accidentally turn into godmodding if it's totally irresistible. Probably the trained Assassins would be better at resisting the mind tricks due to the nature of the training they were put through. Not totally immune, but able to fight back if it's something with a strong conviction of theirs (like no eating lettuce, as a ridiculous example)

Yes, the Guild could have started that fire for whatever reason. I'd also say that there should be some ability to resist the charm? Because it could accidentally turn into godmodding if it's totally irresistible. Probably the trained Assassins would be better at resisting the mind tricks due to the nature of the training they were put through. Not totally immune, but able to fight back if it's something with a strong conviction of theirs (like no eating lettuce, as a ridiculous example)
xCQDmTE.png Big fan of RP and mafia games, also super hyped for ArtFight this year

Clayton Academy
[quote name="ChaoticPotato" date="2021-10-31 11:19:21" ] @StarR3N looks good, adding them in Yes, the Guild could have started that fire for whatever reason. I'd also say that there should be some ability to resist the charm? Because it could accidentally turn into godmodding if it's totally irresistible. Probably the trained Assassins would be better at resisting the mind tricks due to the nature of the training they were put through. Not totally immune, but able to fight back if it's something with a strong conviction of theirs (like no eating lettuce, as a ridiculous example) [/quote] Yeah that's what I had in mind. I imagine it's also a lot less effective on people that already know her or her powers, so most of the other assassins would probably just feel a vague sense of happiness or ease when she talks to them or looks them in the eye.
ChaoticPotato wrote on 2021-10-31 11:19:21:

Yeah that's what I had in mind. I imagine it's also a lot less effective on people that already know her or her powers, so most of the other assassins would probably just feel a vague sense of happiness or ease when she talks to them or looks them in the eye.
@ChaoticPotato

Alrighty, is it the colors part or did I miss something else?
@ChaoticPotato

Alrighty, is it the colors part or did I miss something else?
8v0FNRM.png

• Zan/Sri
• He/Him
• Gay lad

• Art shop

• Artist ~ Role`player
U3NDFbt.png
The colors lol
The colors lol

Clayton Academy
I could totally see someone manipulating the townspeople into thinking that Opal was an evil and scary witch and using them to take her out in order to get to Aila. It would keep their hands clean and dirty those of the villagers.

Also Kado and Savinore would totally be murder buddies. Just imagine all the chaos they could create!
I could totally see someone manipulating the townspeople into thinking that Opal was an evil and scary witch and using them to take her out in order to get to Aila. It would keep their hands clean and dirty those of the villagers.

Also Kado and Savinore would totally be murder buddies. Just imagine all the chaos they could create!
oulcMpY.gif
I think we can start once Bingo makes a character
I think we can start once Bingo makes a character

Clayton Academy
Ah, thank you for telling me .w.
Is that better?
Ah, thank you for telling me .w.
Is that better?
8v0FNRM.png

• Zan/Sri
• He/Him
• Gay lad

• Art shop

• Artist ~ Role`player