Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | 1x1 W/SmilodonLady
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 55 56
(Rip Aida)

Evelyn

"Short end of the stick eh? You just gotta be more annoying and in people's face if you want to be included. They can't say no if you force them to befriend you!" She grinned. "Although it would be better if we had a fourth here. Another person to bow to my will and do my bidding, as well as giving up even pairings. It all works out in the end."

"Sheesh." Evelyn huffed when the terrible whiff came around the air. "Everyone here's got a tragic story eh? Maybe our fourth will be some traumatized kid we find in some crazy *ss child slave rink, we bully them into becoming a hero, and boom, the group is finished."

"Childhood favorites? H*ll you mean by that Shark Boy? Favorite what? We'll get back to that subject later." As she talked with Lance, she drew her pistol and shot at Adara, still turned and facing Lance.
Ann

Something angry and fierce swarmed through Angel's veins, but she angrily pushed the feelings aside. There was no hope. Not down here. Maybe when she was older, when she was bigger and stronger and didn't have stupid trackers or quirk suppressant *****, or a collar that electrocuted her if she did something that Carnage didn't like.

"It is simply what I am required to do. Disobedience would be perceived as an unforgivable sin. If you wish for me to heal, you have been given permission from Carnage, so I will take orders from you as well as long as they do not violate his own." She blankly stated.

'It appears I may have struck some nerve. There's something personal that's affecting him...' She frowned but it quickly went away. 'He needs to move on. That is the exact thing that Carnage enjoys taking advantage of.'

"I apologize for the wait, my dears." The overtly cheerful voice made Angel's stomach churn- 'why?'- and she fluffed out her tail. Carnage paid no mind to this as he descended the bleachers, a large nomu behind him. This nomu carried itself like a great ape, was a fuzzy brownish red with three snapping-turtle heads. It was bulky beyond comprehension and alligator-sized teeth were sticking out in various parts of its body as multiple jaws had mutated.
(Rip Aida)

Evelyn

"Short end of the stick eh? You just gotta be more annoying and in people's face if you want to be included. They can't say no if you force them to befriend you!" She grinned. "Although it would be better if we had a fourth here. Another person to bow to my will and do my bidding, as well as giving up even pairings. It all works out in the end."

"Sheesh." Evelyn huffed when the terrible whiff came around the air. "Everyone here's got a tragic story eh? Maybe our fourth will be some traumatized kid we find in some crazy *ss child slave rink, we bully them into becoming a hero, and boom, the group is finished."

"Childhood favorites? H*ll you mean by that Shark Boy? Favorite what? We'll get back to that subject later." As she talked with Lance, she drew her pistol and shot at Adara, still turned and facing Lance.
Ann

Something angry and fierce swarmed through Angel's veins, but she angrily pushed the feelings aside. There was no hope. Not down here. Maybe when she was older, when she was bigger and stronger and didn't have stupid trackers or quirk suppressant *****, or a collar that electrocuted her if she did something that Carnage didn't like.

"It is simply what I am required to do. Disobedience would be perceived as an unforgivable sin. If you wish for me to heal, you have been given permission from Carnage, so I will take orders from you as well as long as they do not violate his own." She blankly stated.

'It appears I may have struck some nerve. There's something personal that's affecting him...' She frowned but it quickly went away. 'He needs to move on. That is the exact thing that Carnage enjoys taking advantage of.'

"I apologize for the wait, my dears." The overtly cheerful voice made Angel's stomach churn- 'why?'- and she fluffed out her tail. Carnage paid no mind to this as he descended the bleachers, a large nomu behind him. This nomu carried itself like a great ape, was a fuzzy brownish red with three snapping-turtle heads. It was bulky beyond comprehension and alligator-sized teeth were sticking out in various parts of its body as multiple jaws had mutated.
3B15OeM.pngq9EEy5M.pngz9OsVtc.png
Camp Group

Adara ducked and rolled to avoid the bullet and her birthmark lit up and she pulled her hand out of her pocket and released two squirts of liquid a*s that had been warmed up by her hands and didn’t even flinch at the smell. With her other hand a flaming bird shot out at Evelyn as she said,
“Pfft I’m probably the least tragic out of y’all. No mom but gotta applaud the effort my dad made to raise me normally. It’s the man with a f*cked up family that tainted my ‘purity’.”

There was a slight flash of red in Lance’s eyes that left almost as quickly as it came as he replied,
“Shark boy and Lava girl? Now imagine an X rated version of that written by a hormone driven 14 year old boy. It's gonna be horrible and almost hilarious aside from the fact you now can’t unsee it and hate it.”
Lance then gagged at the smell that was starting to really permeate the air and called out,
“Spark, W H Y!?! One squirt is deadly!”

Adara just smiled as she said,
“What would you rather it be Cadaverine? Thioacetone?”

(One of those is what a dead body smells like and the other is the worst smell on the face of the earth)

Luther - Vamp’s Ire

Anyone who tries to use my attachment to Aida as blackmail gets to learn what true fear is… As I will kill them in their sleep. But good luck learning about it as I only give out vague details!
Mind f*cks, that goes for you too! In fact have this~

He let his mind fill with increasingly disturbing images of violent death for the sake of any sneaky mind readers that might not even exist.
Free will yet not the ‘freedom’ to use it. That’s actually kinda sad… And unfortunately not really my place to judge.
But the temptation to do something to irritate an authoritative figure is there…

He added mentally as he observed the Nomu brought in and withheld from cussing a blue streak about its more wild appearance as he said,
“Yeah definitely glad I elected to put these in… Even if I’m not really fighting the brute.”
Luther flashed Angel a look that read, ‘just do as you normally do’ before backing up a bit.
Camp Group

Adara ducked and rolled to avoid the bullet and her birthmark lit up and she pulled her hand out of her pocket and released two squirts of liquid a*s that had been warmed up by her hands and didn’t even flinch at the smell. With her other hand a flaming bird shot out at Evelyn as she said,
“Pfft I’m probably the least tragic out of y’all. No mom but gotta applaud the effort my dad made to raise me normally. It’s the man with a f*cked up family that tainted my ‘purity’.”

There was a slight flash of red in Lance’s eyes that left almost as quickly as it came as he replied,
“Shark boy and Lava girl? Now imagine an X rated version of that written by a hormone driven 14 year old boy. It's gonna be horrible and almost hilarious aside from the fact you now can’t unsee it and hate it.”
Lance then gagged at the smell that was starting to really permeate the air and called out,
“Spark, W H Y!?! One squirt is deadly!”

Adara just smiled as she said,
“What would you rather it be Cadaverine? Thioacetone?”

(One of those is what a dead body smells like and the other is the worst smell on the face of the earth)

Luther - Vamp’s Ire

Anyone who tries to use my attachment to Aida as blackmail gets to learn what true fear is… As I will kill them in their sleep. But good luck learning about it as I only give out vague details!
Mind f*cks, that goes for you too! In fact have this~

He let his mind fill with increasingly disturbing images of violent death for the sake of any sneaky mind readers that might not even exist.
Free will yet not the ‘freedom’ to use it. That’s actually kinda sad… And unfortunately not really my place to judge.
But the temptation to do something to irritate an authoritative figure is there…

He added mentally as he observed the Nomu brought in and withheld from cussing a blue streak about its more wild appearance as he said,
“Yeah definitely glad I elected to put these in… Even if I’m not really fighting the brute.”
Luther flashed Angel a look that read, ‘just do as you normally do’ before backing up a bit.
slXRG.gif
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Dress up
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Basilisks
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif She/her
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Writer/artist

arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Lady, Smiles
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Theatre Kid/FR+ 3
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Roleplayer - Stafshall Park (OPEN!!!)
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Blood Wyverns
Evelyn

Evelyn merely shifted to a save, appearing to where she and Lance had fought earlier. "You haven't even heard my story yet and you're already making assumptions, smh" Yes. She said smh outloud.

"Sheesh, I'd rather not imagine that, thanks. Despite being a cocky b*stard, I'm really not all that into that sort of thing. I'm too good for that garbage to be in my presence." She pulled out a grenade from her jacket.

"I should clarify that this is a real grenade, and all of us will lose our hearing if this pin gets pulled. And possibly killed. And there might be people hurt from collateral damage as well, the blast wave gets further than you'd think." Evelyn smirked, placing a finger tightly through the metal ring.

"Forfeit in the next ten seconds and I won't pull it. Ten... Nine..." She began a count.
Ann

"On with it then!" Carnage had pulled Luther out from the ring and slapped the nomu on the back of the head, the creature letting out a low warbling sound that slowly turned into a screeching wail. On all fours it pounced towards the smaller girl.

Angel just rolled her eyes. 'Great, Carnage isn't even taking me seriously. He's just trying to brag to Vamp's Ire about what I can do'. With that thought she easily tore into the air, soaring to the top of the arena.

'Fine. He wants a showoff? He'll get one.' Angel angled her wings inwards and began to fly in circles in the air, the nomu screeching angrily as it was incapable of reaching her. Suddenly, she shot forwards, turning into a blur of color as she sped up.

'CRACK'

A loud snap, a loud shriek of agony. The nomu was on the ground, and its neck was bent backwards at an awkward angle, cutting off its windpipe as it slowly began to choke. Thrash, thrash, it slowly stilled as the venom settled in after 5 seconds. Angel landed behind it, digging her talons into the foul-smelling beast to inject more venom into it, hoping to kill it faster. After only a heartbeat, it stilled.
Evelyn

Evelyn merely shifted to a save, appearing to where she and Lance had fought earlier. "You haven't even heard my story yet and you're already making assumptions, smh" Yes. She said smh outloud.

"Sheesh, I'd rather not imagine that, thanks. Despite being a cocky b*stard, I'm really not all that into that sort of thing. I'm too good for that garbage to be in my presence." She pulled out a grenade from her jacket.

"I should clarify that this is a real grenade, and all of us will lose our hearing if this pin gets pulled. And possibly killed. And there might be people hurt from collateral damage as well, the blast wave gets further than you'd think." Evelyn smirked, placing a finger tightly through the metal ring.

"Forfeit in the next ten seconds and I won't pull it. Ten... Nine..." She began a count.
Ann

"On with it then!" Carnage had pulled Luther out from the ring and slapped the nomu on the back of the head, the creature letting out a low warbling sound that slowly turned into a screeching wail. On all fours it pounced towards the smaller girl.

Angel just rolled her eyes. 'Great, Carnage isn't even taking me seriously. He's just trying to brag to Vamp's Ire about what I can do'. With that thought she easily tore into the air, soaring to the top of the arena.

'Fine. He wants a showoff? He'll get one.' Angel angled her wings inwards and began to fly in circles in the air, the nomu screeching angrily as it was incapable of reaching her. Suddenly, she shot forwards, turning into a blur of color as she sped up.

'CRACK'

A loud snap, a loud shriek of agony. The nomu was on the ground, and its neck was bent backwards at an awkward angle, cutting off its windpipe as it slowly began to choke. Thrash, thrash, it slowly stilled as the venom settled in after 5 seconds. Angel landed behind it, digging her talons into the foul-smelling beast to inject more venom into it, hoping to kill it faster. After only a heartbeat, it stilled.
Camp Group

Adara felt her body temperature rise as she turned to face Eve and indecision flickered in her eyes as she thought,
F*ck!
I just got played.
Thioacetone is the only thing of equivalent force I’ve got… And I’d rather save it as that sh*t is hard to get.
So I bluff a little… And use it as a dishonor deterrent.

She pulled out a vial with a bit of brown fluid and a more secure lid the the other ones she’d been seen with and said,
“I Forfeit, but… If you still decide to pull that pin, I will unleash a smell so bad it can cause you to pass out. All it takes is a single drop of this stuff and it can be smelled from half a kilometer. Think of it as a deterrent for being petty.”

Lance looked like he was about to say something, only to be cut off by his own thoughts on what was happening,
F*CK! THAT’S WHAT WE CALL A CODE AIDA AT HOME! IT’S THE VERY THING THAT CAUSED MY UNCLE TO SNAP!
COLLATERAL LIKE THAT IS A BIT OF A FAMILY NERVE FOR ME! AS WE’RE ALL KINDA SCARED I MIGHT DO THE SAME THING IF ADARA OR SHADIS GOT KILLED, SELF INCLUDED!
SERIOUSLY THIS IS WHAT KILLED A MEMBER OF MY FAMILY BEFORE I WAS EVEN BORN! AIDA’S KINDA THE EXAMPLE MY MOM USES WHEN TEACHING ABOUT DAMAGE CONTROL OUT OF RESPECT FOR HER MEMORY!

To an outside viewer Lance looked like he was internally screaming and trying not to let it become external as his shadow and a few nearby ones twitched wildly.

Luther - Vamp’s Ire

Luther didn’t blink the entire time, afraid of missing part of the fast paced battle as he thought,
JESUS H. BALDHEADED CHRIST SHE JUST F*CKING KILLED THAT THING IN SECONDS! ANGEL OF DEATH IT IS THEN… F*CK MAN IT WOULD TAKE ME LIKE FIVE MINUTES BARE MINIMUM TO KILL THAT THING!
But wait… If she’s that good, there’s not really much I could teach her…
Did I get dragged in here to witness a brag when I could be sleeping?
But do I care is the question…

He blinked as the hulking beast didn’t hardly even have a death twitch due to paralysis and said,
“Pardon my language, but f*ck man… That was one of the fastest motherf*cking fights I’ve seen with one of those.”
And now I also know, she could end me with just a touch if she dove at me like that and succeeded to hit me. This also means that if she says something without being prompted I’m inclined to listen a bit more.
He thought.
Camp Group

Adara felt her body temperature rise as she turned to face Eve and indecision flickered in her eyes as she thought,
F*ck!
I just got played.
Thioacetone is the only thing of equivalent force I’ve got… And I’d rather save it as that sh*t is hard to get.
So I bluff a little… And use it as a dishonor deterrent.

She pulled out a vial with a bit of brown fluid and a more secure lid the the other ones she’d been seen with and said,
“I Forfeit, but… If you still decide to pull that pin, I will unleash a smell so bad it can cause you to pass out. All it takes is a single drop of this stuff and it can be smelled from half a kilometer. Think of it as a deterrent for being petty.”

Lance looked like he was about to say something, only to be cut off by his own thoughts on what was happening,
F*CK! THAT’S WHAT WE CALL A CODE AIDA AT HOME! IT’S THE VERY THING THAT CAUSED MY UNCLE TO SNAP!
COLLATERAL LIKE THAT IS A BIT OF A FAMILY NERVE FOR ME! AS WE’RE ALL KINDA SCARED I MIGHT DO THE SAME THING IF ADARA OR SHADIS GOT KILLED, SELF INCLUDED!
SERIOUSLY THIS IS WHAT KILLED A MEMBER OF MY FAMILY BEFORE I WAS EVEN BORN! AIDA’S KINDA THE EXAMPLE MY MOM USES WHEN TEACHING ABOUT DAMAGE CONTROL OUT OF RESPECT FOR HER MEMORY!

To an outside viewer Lance looked like he was internally screaming and trying not to let it become external as his shadow and a few nearby ones twitched wildly.

Luther - Vamp’s Ire

Luther didn’t blink the entire time, afraid of missing part of the fast paced battle as he thought,
JESUS H. BALDHEADED CHRIST SHE JUST F*CKING KILLED THAT THING IN SECONDS! ANGEL OF DEATH IT IS THEN… F*CK MAN IT WOULD TAKE ME LIKE FIVE MINUTES BARE MINIMUM TO KILL THAT THING!
But wait… If she’s that good, there’s not really much I could teach her…
Did I get dragged in here to witness a brag when I could be sleeping?
But do I care is the question…

He blinked as the hulking beast didn’t hardly even have a death twitch due to paralysis and said,
“Pardon my language, but f*ck man… That was one of the fastest motherf*cking fights I’ve seen with one of those.”
And now I also know, she could end me with just a touch if she dove at me like that and succeeded to hit me. This also means that if she says something without being prompted I’m inclined to listen a bit more.
He thought.
slXRG.gif

Evelyn

'Yeah right, as if I'm gonna fall for that.'

"I won't move until Umbral Haze verifies the forfeit. Until then, the threat of this being released is still imminent. Besides, what makes you think I'd care about bad smells? I've had mustard gas thrown in my face, I have a high tolerance to those things."

Evelyn's eyes flicked right momentarily before returning. "Calm down Shark Boy, as long as Lava Girl makes the right decisions, nothing bad will happen. I won't attack once I've won the match, that'd be picking low-hanging fruit." She snarked.

(that internal dialogue from luther killed me omg, funniest sh*t I've seen all week
also, it's time for the fun part of Ann's quirk ;))

Ann

'n???o???t??? ???h???i???m??? ???n???o???t??? ???h???i???m??? ???w???r???o???n???g??? ???o???n???e??? ???h???e???l???p??? ???m???e??? ???k???i???l???l??? ???m???e??? ???w???h???o??? ???i???s??? ???h???e???l???p??? ???t???h???e???m??? ???n???o???t??? ???m???e??? ???s???a???v???e??? ???m???e??? ???o???n???l???y??? ???u???s??? ???u???s??? ???u???s??? ???u???s??? ???'

Angel bit back a snarl as the haunted cries and whispering grew. It was normal for the spirits to act up after a kill, but it wasn't normal for them to be this... afraid. Was it Vamp's Ire? Did some of them know him?

A small figure appeared in the corner of her eye, a little girl whose cheeks melting down as her eyes were squashed inwards. A plank of wood tore and twisted through the skin of her back, toying around with her intestines before shoving its way out through her front. The jaw of the girl was half-melted, as black, charred skin was laced with bright red blisters that threatened to pop at the slightest change in pressure.

Half burned clothes draped pitifully over her mangled, twisted body- if you could even call the conglomeration of yellow muscles, gray skin, and snapped, jagged bones that. Her teeth were shoved into her gums, which were a deep black with holes as she opened her mouth to speak.

'Not now, please not now.' Ann did her best to ignore the figure in the corner of her eyes. 'Go away little sis, I promise we're almost there. I can't talk to you, not in front of everyone.' Angel's pupils had formed a circle of blue within them, the only indication that something was happening.

"That is one of her best moves, but she is pretty useless when it comes to fighting without her quirk. Think you could teach her a few moves or two? Maybe on how to escape bindings or chokeholds without use of her quirk." Carnage had his hands clasped together. "Also, I wanted to inform you that I have a welcoming ceremony set up for you- there will be an event here in the pits later. I promise you will love it!"

"Scritch, Scoff, come clean up the nomu!" Carnage shouted, though his tone wasn't hard, just firm.

(Btw I have plans for Ann, she'll get captured later after killing a hero and then interrogated, we'll go from there bc that's far off from now).
Evelyn

'Yeah right, as if I'm gonna fall for that.'

"I won't move until Umbral Haze verifies the forfeit. Until then, the threat of this being released is still imminent. Besides, what makes you think I'd care about bad smells? I've had mustard gas thrown in my face, I have a high tolerance to those things."

Evelyn's eyes flicked right momentarily before returning. "Calm down Shark Boy, as long as Lava Girl makes the right decisions, nothing bad will happen. I won't attack once I've won the match, that'd be picking low-hanging fruit." She snarked.

(that internal dialogue from luther killed me omg, funniest sh*t I've seen all week
also, it's time for the fun part of Ann's quirk ;))

Ann

'n???o???t??? ???h???i???m??? ???n???o???t??? ???h???i???m??? ???w???r???o???n???g??? ???o???n???e??? ???h???e???l???p??? ???m???e??? ???k???i???l???l??? ???m???e??? ???w???h???o??? ???i???s??? ???h???e???l???p??? ???t???h???e???m??? ???n???o???t??? ???m???e??? ???s???a???v???e??? ???m???e??? ???o???n???l???y??? ???u???s??? ???u???s??? ???u???s??? ???u???s??? ???'

Angel bit back a snarl as the haunted cries and whispering grew. It was normal for the spirits to act up after a kill, but it wasn't normal for them to be this... afraid. Was it Vamp's Ire? Did some of them know him?

A small figure appeared in the corner of her eye, a little girl whose cheeks melting down as her eyes were squashed inwards. A plank of wood tore and twisted through the skin of her back, toying around with her intestines before shoving its way out through her front. The jaw of the girl was half-melted, as black, charred skin was laced with bright red blisters that threatened to pop at the slightest change in pressure.

Half burned clothes draped pitifully over her mangled, twisted body- if you could even call the conglomeration of yellow muscles, gray skin, and snapped, jagged bones that. Her teeth were shoved into her gums, which were a deep black with holes as she opened her mouth to speak.

'Not now, please not now.' Ann did her best to ignore the figure in the corner of her eyes. 'Go away little sis, I promise we're almost there. I can't talk to you, not in front of everyone.' Angel's pupils had formed a circle of blue within them, the only indication that something was happening.

"That is one of her best moves, but she is pretty useless when it comes to fighting without her quirk. Think you could teach her a few moves or two? Maybe on how to escape bindings or chokeholds without use of her quirk." Carnage had his hands clasped together. "Also, I wanted to inform you that I have a welcoming ceremony set up for you- there will be an event here in the pits later. I promise you will love it!"

"Scritch, Scoff, come clean up the nomu!" Carnage shouted, though his tone wasn't hard, just firm.

(Btw I have plans for Ann, she'll get captured later after killing a hero and then interrogated, we'll go from there bc that's far off from now).
Camp Group

Lance’s shadow continued to twitch all over the place as he said rather softly,
“Family member once died in collateral that shouldn’t have happened… Earned a hero the ire of one individual…”
It was basically the day the decent person in Luther died from what I’m told… And I’ve seen the proof with my eyes as I tore off part of his right sleeve once and saw the tattoo.
He thought, remembering the image of the pink letters that had stood out as odd to him several years ago.
Part of his shadow started to move in an odd way as Neira started to walk over. Giving off the appearance of two letters
A I

Umbral Haze saw those two letters and nodded quickly as she picked up her pace as her tone sounded dead serious,
“I verify this forfeit… But don’t f*ck around with collateral. It’s sort of a family nerve to poke as there’s a case that gets buried and forgotten due to the hero trying to hide his shameful first fight and how badly it went. As there were deaths that could have been avoided… I respect the memory of one of the victims with it being a lesson in what NOT to do.”
She didn’t care that she was technically not supposed to cuss… There was no better word to express her point that was any better or that wouldn’t detract from her tone.
The Collateral lesson shall also be done tomorrow while on the trail… As Aida can live on by helping to prevent more cases like her’s from happening…
Neira thought.

Adara could feel herself getting even hotter and starting to sweat as she internalized her fire to keep it from seeming like a threat. Despite the fact that it wanted to come out and burn things, yet was being forced to make her blazing hot to the touch instead.
I’m a legit fire hazard right now as if something more flammable than my clothes touched my skin I’d likely set it on fire…
She thought as her eyes darted to everyone around her.

Luther - Vamp’s Ire

He noticed the change in Angel’s eyes yet said nothing and pretended not to see it as he hid his slight unease at the ‘death call’ the nomu gave out and thought,
I hate it when they do that… Makes you feel like a special kind of A*shole yet like you did it a favor. Worst part is you can’t tell which one to feel more like. It’s almost better when they burst into a million f*cking little ones.
And oh look she has her demons that I’m just gonna respectfully not ask about… Her eyes kinda remind me of what Aida’s did when she used her Quirk though.
As I have some of my own that I don’t like to discuss either…

Ire then looked over at Carnage as he replied,
“Sure, sure… I can do that, since my Quirk really only offers negligible boosts in physical areas. So I have to rely on natural strength more… Unlike my father who had vampiric strength.
And the event sounds fun, even though you didn’t have to do that… Nice to feel welcomed nonetheless.”
He then pulled out the pouch from earlier and took out his fang coverings and put them away before popping the cap off of part of it to avoid f*cking with tubes and the mess that could make and took a drink from it.

(Honestly nomus are f*cked up and I feel like the ones in the pits would be more so than the OGs...
And oh look, Luther and Ann are both haunted by their little sisters in some way.
The internal dialogue comes from something my mom said exactly once YEARS ago and cracked me up…)
Camp Group

Lance’s shadow continued to twitch all over the place as he said rather softly,
“Family member once died in collateral that shouldn’t have happened… Earned a hero the ire of one individual…”
It was basically the day the decent person in Luther died from what I’m told… And I’ve seen the proof with my eyes as I tore off part of his right sleeve once and saw the tattoo.
He thought, remembering the image of the pink letters that had stood out as odd to him several years ago.
Part of his shadow started to move in an odd way as Neira started to walk over. Giving off the appearance of two letters
A I

Umbral Haze saw those two letters and nodded quickly as she picked up her pace as her tone sounded dead serious,
“I verify this forfeit… But don’t f*ck around with collateral. It’s sort of a family nerve to poke as there’s a case that gets buried and forgotten due to the hero trying to hide his shameful first fight and how badly it went. As there were deaths that could have been avoided… I respect the memory of one of the victims with it being a lesson in what NOT to do.”
She didn’t care that she was technically not supposed to cuss… There was no better word to express her point that was any better or that wouldn’t detract from her tone.
The Collateral lesson shall also be done tomorrow while on the trail… As Aida can live on by helping to prevent more cases like her’s from happening…
Neira thought.

Adara could feel herself getting even hotter and starting to sweat as she internalized her fire to keep it from seeming like a threat. Despite the fact that it wanted to come out and burn things, yet was being forced to make her blazing hot to the touch instead.
I’m a legit fire hazard right now as if something more flammable than my clothes touched my skin I’d likely set it on fire…
She thought as her eyes darted to everyone around her.

Luther - Vamp’s Ire

He noticed the change in Angel’s eyes yet said nothing and pretended not to see it as he hid his slight unease at the ‘death call’ the nomu gave out and thought,
I hate it when they do that… Makes you feel like a special kind of A*shole yet like you did it a favor. Worst part is you can’t tell which one to feel more like. It’s almost better when they burst into a million f*cking little ones.
And oh look she has her demons that I’m just gonna respectfully not ask about… Her eyes kinda remind me of what Aida’s did when she used her Quirk though.
As I have some of my own that I don’t like to discuss either…

Ire then looked over at Carnage as he replied,
“Sure, sure… I can do that, since my Quirk really only offers negligible boosts in physical areas. So I have to rely on natural strength more… Unlike my father who had vampiric strength.
And the event sounds fun, even though you didn’t have to do that… Nice to feel welcomed nonetheless.”
He then pulled out the pouch from earlier and took out his fang coverings and put them away before popping the cap off of part of it to avoid f*cking with tubes and the mess that could make and took a drink from it.

(Honestly nomus are f*cked up and I feel like the ones in the pits would be more so than the OGs...
And oh look, Luther and Ann are both haunted by their little sisters in some way.
The internal dialogue comes from something my mom said exactly once YEARS ago and cracked me up…)
slXRG.gif

Evelyn

Evelyn blinked at Lance's confession though stayed still until Umbral confirmed her victory. She put the explosive safely back inside her jacket and relaxed her posture again.

"A hero trying to hide their massive f*ck up. Wow, never heard of something like that before. Who would have guessed, that heroes can do sh*tty things." Sarcasm laced her tone with venom. 'Speaking of collateral, Adara ought to stop her quirk before something bad happens. A dry forest isn't the most ideal place for a fire quirk.' Evelyn shot a look at Adara for a brief moment.

(Ann's quirk has a drawback to healing. If she heals someone, whenever they die, she'll be able to see their spirit wandering around looking exactly how the person did when they died. If she ignores them, most won't realize she can see them and will leave, but the ones that do are allowed to ask one favor of her. When she completes the favor, their spirit will fade off to be at peace. If Ann talks with the ghosts too much, she can lose her perception of reality, as well as what is her own free will and what isn't.)

(#freenomusbykillingthem)

Ann

To her great relief, the spirit vanished from sight, and no others attempted to appear nearby. Good. She could have a breakdown when she was alone and not in front of other people. Never again in front of people.

Carnage shrugged. "It was the least I could do after basically forcing you out of your little hidey hole with such short notice. Normally I'd give you a weeks notice in advance, but we've been having some trouble with heroes." Two lanky cat-like guys were carrying the body of the nomu away, struggling as they did so.

"The heroes are still unaware of our situation, but they have become suspicious, no? After finding quite a few known criminals going towards the same area, I had to clean up an extraordinary amount of heroes that day to protect our little operation."
Evelyn

Evelyn blinked at Lance's confession though stayed still until Umbral confirmed her victory. She put the explosive safely back inside her jacket and relaxed her posture again.

"A hero trying to hide their massive f*ck up. Wow, never heard of something like that before. Who would have guessed, that heroes can do sh*tty things." Sarcasm laced her tone with venom. 'Speaking of collateral, Adara ought to stop her quirk before something bad happens. A dry forest isn't the most ideal place for a fire quirk.' Evelyn shot a look at Adara for a brief moment.

(Ann's quirk has a drawback to healing. If she heals someone, whenever they die, she'll be able to see their spirit wandering around looking exactly how the person did when they died. If she ignores them, most won't realize she can see them and will leave, but the ones that do are allowed to ask one favor of her. When she completes the favor, their spirit will fade off to be at peace. If Ann talks with the ghosts too much, she can lose her perception of reality, as well as what is her own free will and what isn't.)

(#freenomusbykillingthem)

Ann

To her great relief, the spirit vanished from sight, and no others attempted to appear nearby. Good. She could have a breakdown when she was alone and not in front of other people. Never again in front of people.

Carnage shrugged. "It was the least I could do after basically forcing you out of your little hidey hole with such short notice. Normally I'd give you a weeks notice in advance, but we've been having some trouble with heroes." Two lanky cat-like guys were carrying the body of the nomu away, struggling as they did so.

"The heroes are still unaware of our situation, but they have become suspicious, no? After finding quite a few known criminals going towards the same area, I had to clean up an extraordinary amount of heroes that day to protect our little operation."
Camp Group

Adara’s hands both shot up with her palms facing upwards as two largeish flaming birds and she felt her temperature go down as she said,
“The one sucky part of my fire is that it likes to internalize when I get stressed, and create a time bomb of uncontrollable fire. Letting that bit off safely helps that not happen.”
That was the look of heeding the words of Smokey the Bear. Which is drilled into my head at this point.

Umbral Haze shook her head a bit as she said,
“Yeah, some heroes are really sh*theads… And the irony is that the guy responsible is somehow rated higher than me at twenty-six, Shrapnel. Just over a hundred ‘better’ than me. Not that I really care about the rating system said from pointing this flaw out.”
I also refuse to work with Shrapnel… He only ever requested to team up once and I tore him a new a*shole so hard that he was scared to ever speak to me again.
As he should be.
I ain’t saving his a*s if Luther gets him either… At this point the poor man deserves that consolation.

Neira thought, not at all salty about the fact that Shrapnel was somehow better than her. No. Not one bit.
Okay. Maybe a little.

Lance’s shadow stilled for the most part as his stance relaxed and thought,
Why must my shadow betray my true emotions at times?
Trying to act tough? Um, dude then why is your shadow shrinking back?
Trying to be polite? Bro, that shadow says you’re hiding a deep rage.
Hiding my nerves? Yeah, good luck with that…

He then said,
“It’s the corrupt heroes that really make me want to… Give them a taste of what I really could do… But that would also make me more of a disappointment to society than my diet already makes me. Even if I could really FEAST upon some of the weaker ones… And most of the stronger heroes, if I'm honest couldn’t handle me… Ignore that, my brain has decided it’s morbid time and this is what you get.”
Lance then finished off the other half of the vial to try and curb some of the more morbid tendencies.
(W H Y would it be that if Luther heard about that draw back he’d just awkwardly pat Ann on the head and threaten to slit her throat if she told anyone he did that before acting like he never did that? He feels that mood on a spiritual level even if he can’t ‘see’ the spirit that haunts him if you will. Hell he’d probably be the guy that would walk in on a mental breakdown and just quietly leave without saying a word to anyone.)

Luther - Vamp’s Ire

Might be a drawback she’s having… No healing factor is free. Living proof of that is me and my biological mother’s side of the family.
He thought as he replied,
“True, but in all fairness I hang out in this general area quite a bit… In fact Angel didn’t really have to look hard to find me. Then again I had just gotten done dealing with an idiot that ran and I lacked the effort to chase him at the moment.”
He gave the large bloodstain more at the base of his cloak a swift glance and nothing more as he spoke.
Camp Group

Adara’s hands both shot up with her palms facing upwards as two largeish flaming birds and she felt her temperature go down as she said,
“The one sucky part of my fire is that it likes to internalize when I get stressed, and create a time bomb of uncontrollable fire. Letting that bit off safely helps that not happen.”
That was the look of heeding the words of Smokey the Bear. Which is drilled into my head at this point.

Umbral Haze shook her head a bit as she said,
“Yeah, some heroes are really sh*theads… And the irony is that the guy responsible is somehow rated higher than me at twenty-six, Shrapnel. Just over a hundred ‘better’ than me. Not that I really care about the rating system said from pointing this flaw out.”
I also refuse to work with Shrapnel… He only ever requested to team up once and I tore him a new a*shole so hard that he was scared to ever speak to me again.
As he should be.
I ain’t saving his a*s if Luther gets him either… At this point the poor man deserves that consolation.

Neira thought, not at all salty about the fact that Shrapnel was somehow better than her. No. Not one bit.
Okay. Maybe a little.

Lance’s shadow stilled for the most part as his stance relaxed and thought,
Why must my shadow betray my true emotions at times?
Trying to act tough? Um, dude then why is your shadow shrinking back?
Trying to be polite? Bro, that shadow says you’re hiding a deep rage.
Hiding my nerves? Yeah, good luck with that…

He then said,
“It’s the corrupt heroes that really make me want to… Give them a taste of what I really could do… But that would also make me more of a disappointment to society than my diet already makes me. Even if I could really FEAST upon some of the weaker ones… And most of the stronger heroes, if I'm honest couldn’t handle me… Ignore that, my brain has decided it’s morbid time and this is what you get.”
Lance then finished off the other half of the vial to try and curb some of the more morbid tendencies.
(W H Y would it be that if Luther heard about that draw back he’d just awkwardly pat Ann on the head and threaten to slit her throat if she told anyone he did that before acting like he never did that? He feels that mood on a spiritual level even if he can’t ‘see’ the spirit that haunts him if you will. Hell he’d probably be the guy that would walk in on a mental breakdown and just quietly leave without saying a word to anyone.)

Luther - Vamp’s Ire

Might be a drawback she’s having… No healing factor is free. Living proof of that is me and my biological mother’s side of the family.
He thought as he replied,
“True, but in all fairness I hang out in this general area quite a bit… In fact Angel didn’t really have to look hard to find me. Then again I had just gotten done dealing with an idiot that ran and I lacked the effort to chase him at the moment.”
He gave the large bloodstain more at the base of his cloak a swift glance and nothing more as he spoke.
slXRG.gif

Evelyn

'Keep an eye on Lava Girl's state so she doesn't become a volcano. Noted.'

"Shrapnel? Pretty sure I've heard of him. Isn't he that righteous pr*ck that is having a lawsuit filed against him every couple of months?" Evelyn snickered, "A friendly reminder to me about the corruption of the hero ranking system. Joy." She said after listening to Umbral and Lance's ramblings.

"Just gonna throw this out there for ya, Shark Boy, I personally don't give a sh*t, but most people are gonna be pretty upset about the threats you murmur. Can't be doin that sort of thing if ya want to be a hero, ya know?" She then snorted, "Don't get me wrong, if you're in the top three you can pull whatever b*llsh*t you want. But you have to make it to the top first."

Ann

"Lacked effort? You really are getting old, aren't you?" Carnage teased, swiping a large paw in the air. "I'm 48 but I still chase after anything and everything for the hell of it. Although I recognize I'm not immortal, which is what I've got my bioweapon here for." He pointed to Angel.

'Bioweapon is right. Careful not to aim it at yourself.' Ann had a bitter way of thinking, and it would not go away anytime soon. Not when she had to focus on the new person standing near Vamp's Ire. A ghost of a woman, stained with blood. It appears as if she had been pierced with something.

That didn't matter to Ann though, what mattered was not acknowledging her. If she pretended not to see her, then she wouldn't be haunted by another ghost.
Evelyn

'Keep an eye on Lava Girl's state so she doesn't become a volcano. Noted.'

"Shrapnel? Pretty sure I've heard of him. Isn't he that righteous pr*ck that is having a lawsuit filed against him every couple of months?" Evelyn snickered, "A friendly reminder to me about the corruption of the hero ranking system. Joy." She said after listening to Umbral and Lance's ramblings.

"Just gonna throw this out there for ya, Shark Boy, I personally don't give a sh*t, but most people are gonna be pretty upset about the threats you murmur. Can't be doin that sort of thing if ya want to be a hero, ya know?" She then snorted, "Don't get me wrong, if you're in the top three you can pull whatever b*llsh*t you want. But you have to make it to the top first."

Ann

"Lacked effort? You really are getting old, aren't you?" Carnage teased, swiping a large paw in the air. "I'm 48 but I still chase after anything and everything for the hell of it. Although I recognize I'm not immortal, which is what I've got my bioweapon here for." He pointed to Angel.

'Bioweapon is right. Careful not to aim it at yourself.' Ann had a bitter way of thinking, and it would not go away anytime soon. Not when she had to focus on the new person standing near Vamp's Ire. A ghost of a woman, stained with blood. It appears as if she had been pierced with something.

That didn't matter to Ann though, what mattered was not acknowledging her. If she pretended not to see her, then she wouldn't be haunted by another ghost.
Camp Group

Lance looked slightly shamed for all of two seconds as he thought,
Yeah, I know that kinda freaks people out… But also, Brittney needs to not be so easily offended by a slightly morbid stage whisper of something that’s never gonna happen. Forever to exist as only a fantasy.
There was a rather soft noise similar to when window blinds are opened, only you could hardly hear it that came from the back of his neck as the scales there stood at an angle to help vent body heat.
“I’m fully aware I freak people out, only to stop caring what some Kyle thought about the less than savory aspects of myself. As I’m more inclined to chase you down that dark hall only to lightly tap on your shoulder and recite a funny thing I read than to actually hurt you.”

Adara shrugged a bit as she said,
“Better to offend a few people and be an otherwise wonderful person than to be a crowd pleaser and really be a dirtbag.”
She then started to softly hum an odd song that had been stuck in her head for as long as she could remember.

Niera just smiled a bit as she said,
“Remind me to show the video that went around my Agency several years ago of a legendary ‘a simple no would have sufficed’ moment I had… It was the one time I fully turned down a request to team up, and you could hear the man just drop his phone despite not being on speaker phone at the end.”
Crushing part of Shrapnel’s soul that day was the most gratifying thing despite being ‘a b*tch move’...
She thought.

Luther - Vamp’s Ire

“Pfff… I’m only 43, and was half asleep. Nocturnal tendencies n’ all. But nobody’s truly immortal and it’s foolish to think in such a way, as it makes you more prone to being killed by your stupidity.”
I’m not gonna say anything… But there’s always a chance that a bioweapon can turn on it’s ‘maker’.
And that’s an argument I’m taking no sides in and not touching with a 50ft pole. As it’s really none of my business.
My business is to hand weapons to people for blood and kill a few to get my point across.

He thought as he made it a point to not really ‘look’ at Angel, more in the way of respecting that she probably didn’t want to be looked at like some kind of animal at the moment and took another drink.

(If you want/need anything in particular from Aida's sprit just say so~)
Camp Group

Lance looked slightly shamed for all of two seconds as he thought,
Yeah, I know that kinda freaks people out… But also, Brittney needs to not be so easily offended by a slightly morbid stage whisper of something that’s never gonna happen. Forever to exist as only a fantasy.
There was a rather soft noise similar to when window blinds are opened, only you could hardly hear it that came from the back of his neck as the scales there stood at an angle to help vent body heat.
“I’m fully aware I freak people out, only to stop caring what some Kyle thought about the less than savory aspects of myself. As I’m more inclined to chase you down that dark hall only to lightly tap on your shoulder and recite a funny thing I read than to actually hurt you.”

Adara shrugged a bit as she said,
“Better to offend a few people and be an otherwise wonderful person than to be a crowd pleaser and really be a dirtbag.”
She then started to softly hum an odd song that had been stuck in her head for as long as she could remember.

Niera just smiled a bit as she said,
“Remind me to show the video that went around my Agency several years ago of a legendary ‘a simple no would have sufficed’ moment I had… It was the one time I fully turned down a request to team up, and you could hear the man just drop his phone despite not being on speaker phone at the end.”
Crushing part of Shrapnel’s soul that day was the most gratifying thing despite being ‘a b*tch move’...
She thought.

Luther - Vamp’s Ire

“Pfff… I’m only 43, and was half asleep. Nocturnal tendencies n’ all. But nobody’s truly immortal and it’s foolish to think in such a way, as it makes you more prone to being killed by your stupidity.”
I’m not gonna say anything… But there’s always a chance that a bioweapon can turn on it’s ‘maker’.
And that’s an argument I’m taking no sides in and not touching with a 50ft pole. As it’s really none of my business.
My business is to hand weapons to people for blood and kill a few to get my point across.

He thought as he made it a point to not really ‘look’ at Angel, more in the way of respecting that she probably didn’t want to be looked at like some kind of animal at the moment and took another drink.

(If you want/need anything in particular from Aida's sprit just say so~)
slXRG.gif

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 55 56