Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | 1x1 W/SmilodonLady
1 2 ... 50 51 52 53 54 55 56
Camp Group

Kora turned her head when footsteps sounded behind them, and she watched Evelyn wave to someone as the girl headed back to the area where the cabins were. Interesting, she may have to go check on her later tonight. Odd that someone as energetic as her would clock out this early. Rather unbecoming of an upcoming hero, but oh well, she’d let the teen have her rest.

“Well hopefully ya didn’t just have a VPN. You gotta have more than that to actually be protected. I find that virtual machines work pretty well, but ya can’t play games like that. They’ll detect the emulator and kick you off, the petty b*stards, not letting any of us have internet security.” She tilted her head. “I wonder if Angel even knows what the internet is.”

Kora frowned, furrowing her brow. If she had a dime for everytime there was a suspicious burning of a building and the Commission covered it up, she’d have eight dimes. Odd that it’s that high, especially for an organization that’s supposed to be “good” and “for the people.” Yeah, right. “Wouldn’t let him put the fires out? The hell? They must have been after someone in that building. Were there villains they were trying to kill? And if so, it’s a terrible way to go about it.”

Her concerned deepened at the name of Pyre. “I don’t know if you know about this, but Pyre…well, he went missing about two months ago. Didn’t you hear? It was all hush-hush. I’d just assumed the man up and vanished because he chickened out and the Commission was too ashamed to admit it but, there could possibly be more to this.” Her jaw tensed. “Wouldn’t be the first time a Commission-allied hero killed innocents in the crossfire of taking down targets. Not surprising that they might rid of him to keep him quiet- if that’s even what happened.”

Kora snorted. “Ay, make sure to blackmail them for me. I have a few favors I want done anyway.”

~~~

Evelyn waved a hand back at Adara to signal that she’d heard her as she walked away and headed back to their shared cabin. She let out a relieved sigh once she was out of earshot from everyone. Sheesh, she never thought that constantly being around other people would be this tiring. She wouldn’t call herself a party person, but she was at least certain about being an extrovert. Then again, even extroverts needed their time alone.

Perhaps it was the uncomfortable silence that put her on edge, or maybe it was the way the doorknob didn’t creak the same way it usually did, but Evelyn’s hairs rose when she pushed her way through the dark mahogany door. Everything felt in order, the curtains closed, beds slightly messy, but the itch of risen hairs wouldn’t leave.

She tried to shake off this odd feeling by combing tan-gloved fingers through her tangled light hair yet she found no solace in the motion. Grumbling she hoisted herself up to the top of her bunk to see that…her suitcase was open. As a matter of fact, everyone’s was.

Welp, looks like they had a thief on their hands.

Ann

Ann glared daggers at Ire when he made his snide remark. She huffed and began to preen her wings, taking longer than she usually would as she would bristle whenever he would even do so much as breathe in her general direction. She wasn’t tired, screw him, she could control her sleeping patterns at will!

Ann stilled to an eerie halt when he brought up his sister being killed in collateral. So she hadn’t been the only case of this happening? ‘Of course you aren’t you dolt. Think of all the spirits that have been wandering around, remember all their stories, remember all the slaughtered civilians! More people die than are saved! Heroes do nothing but wreck lives to save themselves, remember Boulder? There are no heroes.’ Ann shivered from the hostile voice in her head. Since when had she been so vitriolic towards only heroes? She needs to start hating everyone equally again. Maybe if some villain spirits appeared..

“Stop gossiping about your personal life.” She finally found her voice again. “You will get caught. Speak no words of past actions nor future intentions.” She warned.

(I think my biggest issue is that I just don’t know what to bring. Do I take notes on my laptop or in a notebook, do I bring my backpack and all my things in the lab or leave them out in a car, etc. Disorganization freaks me out.
Also I hate physical touchy stuff (chemistry/physics) online, but I’ve done both calc 1 and 2 online and istg the only reason I got an A in those classes was bc I did it online lol. Being able to set my own schedule is so helpful.)

Camp Group

Kora turned her head when footsteps sounded behind them, and she watched Evelyn wave to someone as the girl headed back to the area where the cabins were. Interesting, she may have to go check on her later tonight. Odd that someone as energetic as her would clock out this early. Rather unbecoming of an upcoming hero, but oh well, she’d let the teen have her rest.

“Well hopefully ya didn’t just have a VPN. You gotta have more than that to actually be protected. I find that virtual machines work pretty well, but ya can’t play games like that. They’ll detect the emulator and kick you off, the petty b*stards, not letting any of us have internet security.” She tilted her head. “I wonder if Angel even knows what the internet is.”

Kora frowned, furrowing her brow. If she had a dime for everytime there was a suspicious burning of a building and the Commission covered it up, she’d have eight dimes. Odd that it’s that high, especially for an organization that’s supposed to be “good” and “for the people.” Yeah, right. “Wouldn’t let him put the fires out? The hell? They must have been after someone in that building. Were there villains they were trying to kill? And if so, it’s a terrible way to go about it.”

Her concerned deepened at the name of Pyre. “I don’t know if you know about this, but Pyre…well, he went missing about two months ago. Didn’t you hear? It was all hush-hush. I’d just assumed the man up and vanished because he chickened out and the Commission was too ashamed to admit it but, there could possibly be more to this.” Her jaw tensed. “Wouldn’t be the first time a Commission-allied hero killed innocents in the crossfire of taking down targets. Not surprising that they might rid of him to keep him quiet- if that’s even what happened.”

Kora snorted. “Ay, make sure to blackmail them for me. I have a few favors I want done anyway.”

~~~

Evelyn waved a hand back at Adara to signal that she’d heard her as she walked away and headed back to their shared cabin. She let out a relieved sigh once she was out of earshot from everyone. Sheesh, she never thought that constantly being around other people would be this tiring. She wouldn’t call herself a party person, but she was at least certain about being an extrovert. Then again, even extroverts needed their time alone.

Perhaps it was the uncomfortable silence that put her on edge, or maybe it was the way the doorknob didn’t creak the same way it usually did, but Evelyn’s hairs rose when she pushed her way through the dark mahogany door. Everything felt in order, the curtains closed, beds slightly messy, but the itch of risen hairs wouldn’t leave.

She tried to shake off this odd feeling by combing tan-gloved fingers through her tangled light hair yet she found no solace in the motion. Grumbling she hoisted herself up to the top of her bunk to see that…her suitcase was open. As a matter of fact, everyone’s was.

Welp, looks like they had a thief on their hands.

Ann

Ann glared daggers at Ire when he made his snide remark. She huffed and began to preen her wings, taking longer than she usually would as she would bristle whenever he would even do so much as breathe in her general direction. She wasn’t tired, screw him, she could control her sleeping patterns at will!

Ann stilled to an eerie halt when he brought up his sister being killed in collateral. So she hadn’t been the only case of this happening? ‘Of course you aren’t you dolt. Think of all the spirits that have been wandering around, remember all their stories, remember all the slaughtered civilians! More people die than are saved! Heroes do nothing but wreck lives to save themselves, remember Boulder? There are no heroes.’ Ann shivered from the hostile voice in her head. Since when had she been so vitriolic towards only heroes? She needs to start hating everyone equally again. Maybe if some villain spirits appeared..

“Stop gossiping about your personal life.” She finally found her voice again. “You will get caught. Speak no words of past actions nor future intentions.” She warned.

(I think my biggest issue is that I just don’t know what to bring. Do I take notes on my laptop or in a notebook, do I bring my backpack and all my things in the lab or leave them out in a car, etc. Disorganization freaks me out.
Also I hate physical touchy stuff (chemistry/physics) online, but I’ve done both calc 1 and 2 online and istg the only reason I got an A in those classes was bc I did it online lol. Being able to set my own schedule is so helpful.)

3B15OeM.pngq9EEy5M.pngz9OsVtc.png
Camp Group

Neira smiled a bit as she said,
“VPN was how I started, how I ended is some crazy form of hacking and internet ID masking born from a seemingly simple quirk. And to be real with you Server actually met their match yesterday and therorizes it was a similar tech hacking/controlling quirk that did it.
And oh don’t worry sunshine, when I finally present all my evidence in a very calm manner, I will make a few community requests along with my own.”
You could tell that by that she more or less meant ‘I will do things for a friend/people I like’ as she thought,
Seriously, the fact that Pyre ‘disappeared’ is suspicious as hell… And I swear to f-ck if someone was needlessly harmed by that fire, I will not only get a hold of Angel, but see if she was a victim of this to add possibly the most damning evidence in a court case I’m already formulating… As I would be a truly awful person to just use this as blackmail, letting this sh-t go unpunished.

Adrien sucked on his teeth before he replied,
“Yeah… Burn victims have some of the worst injuries, as that skin is just dead in most cases.
Anyways, my friend didn’t say anything about a villain being in the building. Even if that’s the weak excuse used to burn it down for PR reasons. He was outraged that the Commission was actively interfering with rescue and public safety efforts. Paired with the fact Pyre ‘disappeared’ rather recently and anyone else connected to this is difficult to question for multiple reasons… This reeks of a suspicious cover up, and the sort that could easily end a business.”
~~~

Adara nodded a bit before she walked over and sat with her back to the side of the cabin. She held up her right arm so that she could look at the birthmark, letting a bit of heat rise to her palm to light it up as she said softly,
“Why can’t you just be a normal fire and healing quirk? Why all this weird and inconsistent spiritual and soul stuff, with memory oddities thrown in for good measure? My life is weird enough as is please and thank.”

Lance paused when he heard the outside door creak, his hand on the water nozzle. He hissed softly and thought,
I swear, if you need something from me it had better be worth my time or wait until I’ve taken this shower… Or I will screech before resuming.

Luther - Vamp’s Ire

He resisted the urge to be a smarta-s as he thought,
First of all, don’t try and take the moral high ground… Second f-ck you as I’m seriously considering more actively offering medical help or just randomly showing up uninvited to disasters to provide aid.
I completed my revenge and now don’t really know what to do now… Aside from it involving less killing.

Luther then inspected both blades before retracting one of them before setting both to the side.

There was a moment before Luther jumped before calming down only a second later. He then put a hand near his chest in a way that indicated holding someone’s arm and held it there for a second before he said to seemingly nobody in a softer tone,
“Love you too sis… Sorry I haven’t reacted as much as I usually do, didn’t have the board and it was a bit too personal for the people I was around. Gimme a sec to find the board and the notebook so that I can ‘hear’ you… Since I know you have things to say.”
He then stood up, his hand moving but in a position that clearly indicated holding hands with someone. He walked over to a small bookshelf that mostly had either medical books or horror novels on it, aside from a ouija board box that sat on the bottom shelf that he picked up.

((My recommendation would be to take notes in your preferred medium (though it is actually proven to be more effective with pen and paper in terms of remembering them) and to handle carrying your stuff around like you did in HS. As in if you used your locker, kinda treat your car like the locker, if you carried all of it around in a backpack do that then. And to make it a bit less cluttered, take the books/supplies you need for that day with you and leave what you don’t at home since I doubt you have the same classes every day.
Last semester for example I took my art supplies, phycology textbook, and two notebooks with me one day (phyc/hist/painting), and just my botany textbook and lab book and a notebook the next (botany class and lab)… always having my computer with me and as a personal choice my sketchbook to draw in between classes/waiting for them to start.))
Camp Group

Neira smiled a bit as she said,
“VPN was how I started, how I ended is some crazy form of hacking and internet ID masking born from a seemingly simple quirk. And to be real with you Server actually met their match yesterday and therorizes it was a similar tech hacking/controlling quirk that did it.
And oh don’t worry sunshine, when I finally present all my evidence in a very calm manner, I will make a few community requests along with my own.”
You could tell that by that she more or less meant ‘I will do things for a friend/people I like’ as she thought,
Seriously, the fact that Pyre ‘disappeared’ is suspicious as hell… And I swear to f-ck if someone was needlessly harmed by that fire, I will not only get a hold of Angel, but see if she was a victim of this to add possibly the most damning evidence in a court case I’m already formulating… As I would be a truly awful person to just use this as blackmail, letting this sh-t go unpunished.

Adrien sucked on his teeth before he replied,
“Yeah… Burn victims have some of the worst injuries, as that skin is just dead in most cases.
Anyways, my friend didn’t say anything about a villain being in the building. Even if that’s the weak excuse used to burn it down for PR reasons. He was outraged that the Commission was actively interfering with rescue and public safety efforts. Paired with the fact Pyre ‘disappeared’ rather recently and anyone else connected to this is difficult to question for multiple reasons… This reeks of a suspicious cover up, and the sort that could easily end a business.”
~~~

Adara nodded a bit before she walked over and sat with her back to the side of the cabin. She held up her right arm so that she could look at the birthmark, letting a bit of heat rise to her palm to light it up as she said softly,
“Why can’t you just be a normal fire and healing quirk? Why all this weird and inconsistent spiritual and soul stuff, with memory oddities thrown in for good measure? My life is weird enough as is please and thank.”

Lance paused when he heard the outside door creak, his hand on the water nozzle. He hissed softly and thought,
I swear, if you need something from me it had better be worth my time or wait until I’ve taken this shower… Or I will screech before resuming.

Luther - Vamp’s Ire

He resisted the urge to be a smarta-s as he thought,
First of all, don’t try and take the moral high ground… Second f-ck you as I’m seriously considering more actively offering medical help or just randomly showing up uninvited to disasters to provide aid.
I completed my revenge and now don’t really know what to do now… Aside from it involving less killing.

Luther then inspected both blades before retracting one of them before setting both to the side.

There was a moment before Luther jumped before calming down only a second later. He then put a hand near his chest in a way that indicated holding someone’s arm and held it there for a second before he said to seemingly nobody in a softer tone,
“Love you too sis… Sorry I haven’t reacted as much as I usually do, didn’t have the board and it was a bit too personal for the people I was around. Gimme a sec to find the board and the notebook so that I can ‘hear’ you… Since I know you have things to say.”
He then stood up, his hand moving but in a position that clearly indicated holding hands with someone. He walked over to a small bookshelf that mostly had either medical books or horror novels on it, aside from a ouija board box that sat on the bottom shelf that he picked up.

((My recommendation would be to take notes in your preferred medium (though it is actually proven to be more effective with pen and paper in terms of remembering them) and to handle carrying your stuff around like you did in HS. As in if you used your locker, kinda treat your car like the locker, if you carried all of it around in a backpack do that then. And to make it a bit less cluttered, take the books/supplies you need for that day with you and leave what you don’t at home since I doubt you have the same classes every day.
Last semester for example I took my art supplies, phycology textbook, and two notebooks with me one day (phyc/hist/painting), and just my botany textbook and lab book and a notebook the next (botany class and lab)… always having my computer with me and as a personal choice my sketchbook to draw in between classes/waiting for them to start.))
slXRG.gif
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Dress up
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Basilisks
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif She/her
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Writer/artist

arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Lady, Smiles
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Theatre Kid/FR+ 3
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Roleplayer - Stafshall Park (OPEN!!!)
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Blood Wyverns
Camp Group

Kora was happy to avoid continuing the boring tech discussion, even if it meant jumping head in to the depressing sh*t. She wasn’t to blame! This stuff was just…not something she understood. Hero stuff was, even if it did make her want to yeet her body into a volcano to scrub away the sheer filth that lingered after certain villain fights or that accumulated from news of other heroes…less than heroic deeds.

Kora, a water hero, shivered at the thought of crumbling burnt flesh. No thanks. She’d used her water one too many times to assist those bleeding out from scorched flesh wounds, desperately holding both the water and herself together to ensure the safety of the victim while they waited impatiently for EMS to slowly creep their way through heavy traffic.

“You’re damn right it’s a weak excuse, but it wouldn’t be the first time it’d happened.” She groaned. “Why, even if they did burn it down, why why why. Who lived in that building? Who could they have wanted dead? Someone Pyre had connections to?”
~~~

Seemingly from nowhere, Evelyn was next to Adara with her lips pursed tight and hands on her hips. Where did she come from and how did she get next to her so fast? She’d never tell.
“Hey. I know ya ain’t the kind to snatch sh*t from me, so I’m gonna tell you this upfront. We’ve been ROBBED. MUGGED and PLUNDERED by pirates. Probably not pirates, actually, but still stolen from. Buncha my stuff is just gone! Dunno if you’ve been snatched from as well, but I’m willing to bet you have been. Doesn’t seem like the thief took anything valuable, just necessities for survival.”

Ann

Ann had turned her head to look anywhere except at Ire, so she didn’t notice his discussion towards the spirits. She heard it, of course, but if she ignored it then maybe- just maybe- it would go away and she wouldn’t have to be the one to deal with more spirit crap. Urgh. Maggot-infested corpses filled her mind, and Ann internally gagged. She’d seen enough slaughtered children for one lifetime, thank you very much.

’Weak! Remember what you were taught! Your spirit-seeing is a blessing, you can get information out of the dead! You can’t ignore your powers just because it makes you sick, get used to it.’ Ann told herself to shut up.

By the time she came back to her senses the rustling of Ire caught her attention. It was hard to push aside the sound, as it reminded her of the disease ridden rats that scurried through her underground cove, putting her on guard to prepare to kill them before them and their ticks could spread whatever plague they carried.

((Thankfully I don’t need to carry around much. Just what my chem class gave me, a laptop for my English class and my online gov class. Also I love how Ann and Ire are both in the situation of: “welp, I killed my enemy, it was anticlimactic, what now?” ))
Camp Group

Kora was happy to avoid continuing the boring tech discussion, even if it meant jumping head in to the depressing sh*t. She wasn’t to blame! This stuff was just…not something she understood. Hero stuff was, even if it did make her want to yeet her body into a volcano to scrub away the sheer filth that lingered after certain villain fights or that accumulated from news of other heroes…less than heroic deeds.

Kora, a water hero, shivered at the thought of crumbling burnt flesh. No thanks. She’d used her water one too many times to assist those bleeding out from scorched flesh wounds, desperately holding both the water and herself together to ensure the safety of the victim while they waited impatiently for EMS to slowly creep their way through heavy traffic.

“You’re damn right it’s a weak excuse, but it wouldn’t be the first time it’d happened.” She groaned. “Why, even if they did burn it down, why why why. Who lived in that building? Who could they have wanted dead? Someone Pyre had connections to?”
~~~

Seemingly from nowhere, Evelyn was next to Adara with her lips pursed tight and hands on her hips. Where did she come from and how did she get next to her so fast? She’d never tell.
“Hey. I know ya ain’t the kind to snatch sh*t from me, so I’m gonna tell you this upfront. We’ve been ROBBED. MUGGED and PLUNDERED by pirates. Probably not pirates, actually, but still stolen from. Buncha my stuff is just gone! Dunno if you’ve been snatched from as well, but I’m willing to bet you have been. Doesn’t seem like the thief took anything valuable, just necessities for survival.”

Ann

Ann had turned her head to look anywhere except at Ire, so she didn’t notice his discussion towards the spirits. She heard it, of course, but if she ignored it then maybe- just maybe- it would go away and she wouldn’t have to be the one to deal with more spirit crap. Urgh. Maggot-infested corpses filled her mind, and Ann internally gagged. She’d seen enough slaughtered children for one lifetime, thank you very much.

’Weak! Remember what you were taught! Your spirit-seeing is a blessing, you can get information out of the dead! You can’t ignore your powers just because it makes you sick, get used to it.’ Ann told herself to shut up.

By the time she came back to her senses the rustling of Ire caught her attention. It was hard to push aside the sound, as it reminded her of the disease ridden rats that scurried through her underground cove, putting her on guard to prepare to kill them before them and their ticks could spread whatever plague they carried.

((Thankfully I don’t need to carry around much. Just what my chem class gave me, a laptop for my English class and my online gov class. Also I love how Ann and Ire are both in the situation of: “welp, I killed my enemy, it was anticlimactic, what now?” ))
Camp Group You could see the ideas forming in Neira’s mind along with visible disgust as she thought, [i]Oh, oh HELL no! This has got to be more suspicious than most of the things Shrapnel got away with. I am so going to look into this with some help from Server of course.[/i] She then said, “Disgusting behavior for the Commission to be engaging in… Honestly, have me considering doing my own investigation into this sort of sh-t.” Adrien shook his head a bit and replied, “I honestly don’t know the real reason they burned the place down, other than it’s definitely not the weak cover story they gave. For the moment I’ll keep what I know mostly to myself, y’know to keep the Com from having anysort of warning for the incoming sh-t storm Umbral will bring down upon them.” He glanced over at Neira and thought, [i]Just please be careful… As I don’t want evidence to get invalidated due to how it was obtained or something. As this deserves to be called out and exposed.[/i] [center]~~~[/center] Adara jumped and very quickly stood up, a bit of fire rising to her hand before she closed her hand and snuffed it out. She then said, “The f-ck what?” There was a slight pause as she thought, [i]Wait… Just survival type stuff? A umm… Alright then…[/i] She then added, “So nothing that can’t be easily replaced was taken in other words?” You could hear the shower turning on in the background. ----- Luther - Vamp’s Ire He glanced over at Angel for a second before continuing on as he thought, [i]Probably thinks I’m weird as f-ck, but there was a point in time that I stopped caring.[/i] He finished getting the board out along with a notebook before putting his hand on the pointer. Luther moved it across the board rather slowly, stopping to write down letters. [quote][font=Nanum Pen Script][color=#8a170f]You know I didn’t want you to kill him.[/font][/color][/quote] Luther shook his head a bit as he replied, [size=2]“I know Sis, you’d have much preferred it had I just let it be. Yet we both are painfully aware that it was a combination of you dying and the way it was handled f-cking broke part of me.”[/size] There was a moment before his hand started moving across the board, both slowly and like he was anticipating what came next. [quote][font=Nanum Pen Script][color=#8a170f]I’m aware Luth. I only spent 18 years with you. It’s also why I’m willing to forgive but not excuse the fact that you have murdered.[/font][/color][/quote] Ire tapped a finger awkwardly before he said, [size=2]“I can live with that. You’d probably like knowing that I’m considering doing other things with my life.”[/size] It was fairly obvious that despite not having a true ability to see/speak with spirits and that ouija boards are pretty well known for being faked… That the conversation was far too coherent and ‘real’ to be just one guy making things up. ((To explain how Luther is actually doing it, he’s not able to see or speak with spirits/ghosts but rather is sensitive to the presence of highly specific ones (by that I mean it’d have to be either a member of the family or a few of those places that are considered haunted, but not all of them mind you) and the sensitivity is expressed more with the sense of touch, leaning into those accounts of people feeling a cold hand on their shoulder or claims of something hitting you that wasn’t there. How it relates to the above is that Luther moves the pointer and stops when he gets the sensation of someone lightly squeezing his hand. That’s it. Weird but has a sound reasoning since there is no reason a spirit here should be able to interact with physical things unless it’s someone’s specific quirk. And I SWEAR I didn't try and make Luther and Ann have similar 'that was ainticlimatic' reactions to slaying their personal demons... It's weirdly the most realistic reaction for this sort of character.))
Camp Group

You could see the ideas forming in Neira’s mind along with visible disgust as she thought,
Oh, oh HELL no! This has got to be more suspicious than most of the things Shrapnel got away with.
I am so going to look into this with some help from Server of course.

She then said,
“Disgusting behavior for the Commission to be engaging in… Honestly, have me considering doing my own investigation into this sort of sh-t.”

Adrien shook his head a bit and replied,
“I honestly don’t know the real reason they burned the place down, other than it’s definitely not the weak cover story they gave. For the moment I’ll keep what I know mostly to myself, y’know to keep the Com from having anysort of warning for the incoming sh-t storm Umbral will bring down upon them.”
He glanced over at Neira and thought,
Just please be careful… As I don’t want evidence to get invalidated due to how it was obtained or something. As this deserves to be called out and exposed.
~~~

Adara jumped and very quickly stood up, a bit of fire rising to her hand before she closed her hand and snuffed it out. She then said,
“The f-ck what?”
There was a slight pause as she thought,
Wait… Just survival type stuff? A umm… Alright then…
She then added,
“So nothing that can’t be easily replaced was taken in other words?”

You could hear the shower turning on in the background.

Luther - Vamp’s Ire

He glanced over at Angel for a second before continuing on as he thought,
Probably thinks I’m weird as f-ck, but there was a point in time that I stopped caring.
He finished getting the board out along with a notebook before putting his hand on the pointer. Luther moved it across the board rather slowly, stopping to write down letters.
Quote:
You know I didn’t want you to kill him.

Luther shook his head a bit as he replied,
“I know Sis, you’d have much preferred it had I just let it be. Yet we both are painfully aware that it was a combination of you dying and the way it was handled f-cking broke part of me.”
There was a moment before his hand started moving across the board, both slowly and like he was anticipating what came next.
Quote:
I’m aware Luth. I only spent 18 years with you. It’s also why I’m willing to forgive but not excuse the fact that you have murdered.

Ire tapped a finger awkwardly before he said,
“I can live with that. You’d probably like knowing that I’m considering doing other things with my life.”
It was fairly obvious that despite not having a true ability to see/speak with spirits and that ouija boards are pretty well known for being faked… That the conversation was far too coherent and ‘real’ to be just one guy making things up.

((To explain how Luther is actually doing it, he’s not able to see or speak with spirits/ghosts but rather is sensitive to the presence of highly specific ones (by that I mean it’d have to be either a member of the family or a few of those places that are considered haunted, but not all of them mind you) and the sensitivity is expressed more with the sense of touch, leaning into those accounts of people feeling a cold hand on their shoulder or claims of something hitting you that wasn’t there.
How it relates to the above is that Luther moves the pointer and stops when he gets the sensation of someone lightly squeezing his hand. That’s it. Weird but has a sound reasoning since there is no reason a spirit here should be able to interact with physical things unless it’s someone’s specific quirk.

And I SWEAR I didn't try and make Luther and Ann have similar 'that was ainticlimatic' reactions to slaying their personal demons... It's weirdly the most realistic reaction for this sort of character.))
slXRG.gif

Camp Group

Kora huffed, “since when isn’t the Commission engaging in disgusting behavior and trying to cover it up? Didn’t they do this same stuff with that one hero couple decades ago, back in the era of All Might and Deku? What was his name- Hawks?” She took some water from her canteen, the water swirling around her arm and up into her mouth.

“Now that I think about it, the Commission got on me when I was younger. They said something about my water manipulation being used to pull moisture out of people’s bodies and puppet them around.” She made a face. “Really, how arrogant do you have to be to look a wannabe hero in the eyes and tell them to essentially enslave someone? Rotten, vile people they are. Then again, those political-business types always are.”

Kora tapped her chin with a finger. “We’ll have to investigate more into this, won’t we? Can’t be lettin’ them think they’re just gonna get away with this sorta thing. I hate to take such a direct stance against em, but even if we try to sneak around the Commission they’ll find out.”
~~~

Evelyn

“Eh, hell if I know. Depends on how much money ya got. Got thirty bucks? I’m sure you can replace what was taken.” Evelyn puts her hands on her hips. “And YOU-“ She slams a fist in to the wall, making it rattle. “-DON’T EVEN THINK ABOUT USIN’ UP ALL THAT HOT WATER, YA HEAR?”

She sifted through her bag again, “ain’t nothin’ taken from me that I care about. You might wanna check your bag though. Can’t say what is and isn’t valuable for ya, I don’t go through other people’s things so…” She paused. “Ya think it was that bird girl we snatched up? It’d make sense to grab gear and gun it outta here. I’d do that too if I were her.”

Ann

Ann was grimacing as she heard the scratching of a notebook from not just one, but two people. People had different writing styles and speeds, so it was easy to tell the difference. While she wasn’t sure which person was writing slowly and which was writing fairly quick, Ann was certain that at least one of them was a spirit because she would have noticed another physical person coming into the room.

The thought of becoming a detective popped into her mind, but she snuffed it out. She was going off the grid to live off the land in the middle of nowhere. She wouldn’t have to interact with others, she could fend for herself, it would be perfect. Would her training have been just mildly pointless? Perhaps, but it wasn’t as if she had any ambitions in life. Sitting in a dark room for your entire life was a great way to waste your young years and not discover passions,

Her wings flicked. Passions. Passions were only praised because they could be useful to others. Well, she didn’t need others so what was the point of having a passion? Ann would do just fine by herself.

(so sorry how long this took me to get out, I had a fist fight with writer’s block and lost. Also that makes sense, and don’t worry about the similarities between Ann and Luther; I rather like it as a neat form of parallelism. The two actually have a lot in common, but they’ll probably never know that considering “keeping to yourself” is something they both seem to have in common as well lol)

Camp Group

Kora huffed, “since when isn’t the Commission engaging in disgusting behavior and trying to cover it up? Didn’t they do this same stuff with that one hero couple decades ago, back in the era of All Might and Deku? What was his name- Hawks?” She took some water from her canteen, the water swirling around her arm and up into her mouth.

“Now that I think about it, the Commission got on me when I was younger. They said something about my water manipulation being used to pull moisture out of people’s bodies and puppet them around.” She made a face. “Really, how arrogant do you have to be to look a wannabe hero in the eyes and tell them to essentially enslave someone? Rotten, vile people they are. Then again, those political-business types always are.”

Kora tapped her chin with a finger. “We’ll have to investigate more into this, won’t we? Can’t be lettin’ them think they’re just gonna get away with this sorta thing. I hate to take such a direct stance against em, but even if we try to sneak around the Commission they’ll find out.”
~~~

Evelyn

“Eh, hell if I know. Depends on how much money ya got. Got thirty bucks? I’m sure you can replace what was taken.” Evelyn puts her hands on her hips. “And YOU-“ She slams a fist in to the wall, making it rattle. “-DON’T EVEN THINK ABOUT USIN’ UP ALL THAT HOT WATER, YA HEAR?”

She sifted through her bag again, “ain’t nothin’ taken from me that I care about. You might wanna check your bag though. Can’t say what is and isn’t valuable for ya, I don’t go through other people’s things so…” She paused. “Ya think it was that bird girl we snatched up? It’d make sense to grab gear and gun it outta here. I’d do that too if I were her.”

Ann

Ann was grimacing as she heard the scratching of a notebook from not just one, but two people. People had different writing styles and speeds, so it was easy to tell the difference. While she wasn’t sure which person was writing slowly and which was writing fairly quick, Ann was certain that at least one of them was a spirit because she would have noticed another physical person coming into the room.

The thought of becoming a detective popped into her mind, but she snuffed it out. She was going off the grid to live off the land in the middle of nowhere. She wouldn’t have to interact with others, she could fend for herself, it would be perfect. Would her training have been just mildly pointless? Perhaps, but it wasn’t as if she had any ambitions in life. Sitting in a dark room for your entire life was a great way to waste your young years and not discover passions,

Her wings flicked. Passions. Passions were only praised because they could be useful to others. Well, she didn’t need others so what was the point of having a passion? Ann would do just fine by herself.

(so sorry how long this took me to get out, I had a fist fight with writer’s block and lost. Also that makes sense, and don’t worry about the similarities between Ann and Luther; I rather like it as a neat form of parallelism. The two actually have a lot in common, but they’ll probably never know that considering “keeping to yourself” is something they both seem to have in common as well lol)
Camp Group Neira shuddered a bit as she said, “Fun to know I’m not the only one getting a mildly creepy ‘suggestion’ from the big C… There’s ideally no light in someone’s body, and well the commission tried to get me to do a reflavored version of your water thing. Only ever did it once to disable a movement based quirk and found that it’s extremely difficult to manipulate moving targets and feels incredibly dirty.” She then thought, [i]It didn’t help that I could sense the guy’s pain and fear the whole time and that I had to fight him for control… I STILL feel dirty about it even though the guy would have caused more harm otherwise.[/i] Umbral shook her head a bit. Mercy then added, “I never got quite as much pressure for that sort of thing… But I’m pretty sure if outright killing the poor bas**rds wasn’t completely off the table, the idea of bleeding information out would become far more literal. Something you’d think I’d be a bit more interested in but I must disappoint by saying I’d rather not see an increase in blood loss related hospital visits. As look even a regenerative can only give so much blood before it becomes a problem… And we already have enough problems getting compatible blood for donations, exacerbate the issue and there’s gonna be problems.” Neira cleared her throat before saying, “And yeah… The Commission kinda messed up when they made an [i]espionage[/i] specialist suspicious… And I thought Hawks was a double agent and putting on a show to, you know, be allowed to get info on dangerous people. Hell I’ve probably come off as suspicious before since again, I’m all but made for spying and double agent-ing. Don’t even have to worry much since I can hide and defend myself with the very thing that grants me stealth. Then again, I don’t do truly questionable things either.” [center]~~~[/center] Adara walked over and started reorganizing her things while checking to see what was taken as she replied, “Exactly, since I make it a point to leave things I’d be legit upset over losing at home when coming to camp… As I doubt most people know what even to do with dimethyl sulfide or skatole unless you’re my breed of weird. Not to mention the warning labels on my chemicals… None of them are ‘deadly’ unless you’re an idiot, mostly just smell god awful. [size=2]Most kind umm… Need to be fairly harmless to be used as stink bombs and umm… So that I don’t accidentally fumigate myself due to a lack of smell…”[/size] She refolded some of her clothes and thought, [i]Thankfully it doesn’t seem like any of the big stinkers broke open… Even if I’m possibly missing one. It’s whatever since it just smells bad.[/i] She then added in a rather certain tone, “I’m pretty sure that’s what actually happened… Would explain what we saw a bit earlier in the woods.” Lance stood under the water as he thought, [i]Wait… Did I literally miss that some of our stuff had been taken out of a deep desire to be clean? As I doubt I misheard-[/i] His thoughts cut off by Eve’s yelling, he looked roughly in the direction of the wall before calling out, “RELAX, IT’S BARELY EVEN WARM! … BESIDES THERE IS A WATER BENDER AND A FIRE ONE, THERE WILL BE HOT WATER ONE WAY OR ANOTHER!” Lance then started cleaning in a rather obsessive manner, while trying to keep in mind that other people might want to use the shower at some point. ----- Luther - Vamp’s Ire He glanced over at Angel, more to relax the ‘is the silence concerning’ line of thought before turning back to the board and jotting down, [quote][font=Nanum Pen Script][color=#8a170f]Let me guess, you wanna go back to your Hematology job and finish the surgery residency you never got to. Wait! Just occurred to me, but umm… I can also see you actually getting children out of bad situations…[/quote] Luther nodded a bit as he said, [size=2]“Yeah, that’s pretty spot on Aida… Though that second one never fully registered as a thing I could do. This is why you talk to other people sometimes. Too bad you never got the chance to help track down criminals, as you need to find the messed up folks before any actual rescuing can occur.”[/size] He smiled a little sadly as he wrote down the response and thought, [i]I’m still irked that you never even got the chance to use your quirk to solve a real crime Sis… As not only is it what you wanted to do, but very few others can claim to have such a perfect quirk for it.[/i] Ire then finished writing, [quote][font=Nanum Pen Script][color=#8a170f]Luth, it’s not that big of a deal really. Please don’t make yourself miserable to do things I wanted to do! Yeah it’s upsetting that I died before I fully made up my mind on being a detective or crime scene investigator, but I’ve mostly gotten over it by now. But hey, helping out children is a good way to be more favorable to the public.[/quote] ((You’re fine, as I umm… Have college and find it easier to reply over the weekend… Most of the time. I also can not unthink the thought of Ann becoming a forest rumor of some sort if she ever did go fully off the grid.))
Camp Group

Neira shuddered a bit as she said,
“Fun to know I’m not the only one getting a mildly creepy ‘suggestion’ from the big C… There’s ideally no light in someone’s body, and well the commission tried to get me to do a reflavored version of your water thing. Only ever did it once to disable a movement based quirk and found that it’s extremely difficult to manipulate moving targets and feels incredibly dirty.”
She then thought,
It didn’t help that I could sense the guy’s pain and fear the whole time and that I had to fight him for control… I STILL feel dirty about it even though the guy would have caused more harm otherwise.
Umbral shook her head a bit.

Mercy then added,
“I never got quite as much pressure for that sort of thing… But I’m pretty sure if outright killing the poor bas**rds wasn’t completely off the table, the idea of bleeding information out would become far more literal. Something you’d think I’d be a bit more interested in but I must disappoint by saying I’d rather not see an increase in blood loss related hospital visits. As look even a regenerative can only give so much blood before it becomes a problem… And we already have enough problems getting compatible blood for donations, exacerbate the issue and there’s gonna be problems.”

Neira cleared her throat before saying,
“And yeah… The Commission kinda messed up when they made an espionage specialist suspicious… And I thought Hawks was a double agent and putting on a show to, you know, be allowed to get info on dangerous people. Hell I’ve probably come off as suspicious before since again, I’m all but made for spying and double agent-ing. Don’t even have to worry much since I can hide and defend myself with the very thing that grants me stealth.
Then again, I don’t do truly questionable things either.”
~~~

Adara walked over and started reorganizing her things while checking to see what was taken as she replied,
“Exactly, since I make it a point to leave things I’d be legit upset over losing at home when coming to camp… As I doubt most people know what even to do with dimethyl sulfide or skatole unless you’re my breed of weird. Not to mention the warning labels on my chemicals… None of them are ‘deadly’ unless you’re an idiot, mostly just smell god awful. Most kind umm… Need to be fairly harmless to be used as stink bombs and umm… So that I don’t accidentally fumigate myself due to a lack of smell…”
She refolded some of her clothes and thought,
Thankfully it doesn’t seem like any of the big stinkers broke open… Even if I’m possibly missing one. It’s whatever since it just smells bad.
She then added in a rather certain tone,
“I’m pretty sure that’s what actually happened… Would explain what we saw a bit earlier in the woods.”

Lance stood under the water as he thought,
Wait… Did I literally miss that some of our stuff had been taken out of a deep desire to be clean? As I doubt I misheard-
His thoughts cut off by Eve’s yelling, he looked roughly in the direction of the wall before calling out,
“RELAX, IT’S BARELY EVEN WARM!

BESIDES THERE IS A WATER BENDER AND A FIRE ONE, THERE WILL BE HOT WATER ONE WAY OR ANOTHER!”
Lance then started cleaning in a rather obsessive manner, while trying to keep in mind that other people might want to use the shower at some point.

Luther - Vamp’s Ire

He glanced over at Angel, more to relax the ‘is the silence concerning’ line of thought before turning back to the board and jotting down,
Quote:
Let me guess, you wanna go back to your Hematology job and finish the surgery residency you never got to.
Wait! Just occurred to me, but umm… I can also see you actually getting children out of bad situations…

Luther nodded a bit as he said,
“Yeah, that’s pretty spot on Aida… Though that second one never fully registered as a thing I could do. This is why you talk to other people sometimes. Too bad you never got the chance to help track down criminals, as you need to find the messed up folks before any actual rescuing can occur.”

He smiled a little sadly as he wrote down the response and thought,
I’m still irked that you never even got the chance to use your quirk to solve a real crime Sis… As not only is it what you wanted to do, but very few others can claim to have such a perfect quirk for it.
Ire then finished writing,
Quote:
Luth, it’s not that big of a deal really. Please don’t make yourself miserable to do things I wanted to do! Yeah it’s upsetting that I died before I fully made up my mind on being a detective or crime scene investigator, but I’ve mostly gotten over it by now. But hey, helping out children is a good way to be more favorable to the public.

((You’re fine, as I umm… Have college and find it easier to reply over the weekend… Most of the time.
I also can not unthink the thought of Ann becoming a forest rumor of some sort if she ever did go fully off the grid.))
slXRG.gif

Camp Group

Kora shooed off some students that were getting rowdy and beginning to roughhouse. They may have to give the hero-to-bes something to do here soon, they were beginning to wrestle and tassel with each other, taking out their quirks and pent up energy on one another. Perhaps it was time for some more sparring, but with the good ol teachers this time. Or maybe that should wait for tomorrow. She’d leave what to do next up to the others with more teaching experience.

“How is the Commission even still in operation? You would have thought that the whole “Paranormal Liberation Front” thing all those decades ago woulda scared our country into pushing out any potential corruption within heroes. Hell, maybe even make us jump the gun and fire any hero that says they like money or live in a mansion.” She scowled. “But considering they’ve done those things to us of all people, I’m willing to bet that the Commission got away with everything they’ve ever done with nothing more than a mere slap on the wrist.”

She rubbed her temples. “Who even knows what Hawks did in his lifetime at this point? The information that we’re provided nowadays is so muddled that even great heroes like Deku and All Might that should be within our history books are only given a few sentences of text within a history class before moving on. The hell could they even be covering up with heroes that lived so long ago?”
~~~

Evelyn tapped a gloved finger against the bedframe she was leaning against. “Good you left ‘em home. If you’da stinked up the place I’d have your head, ya hear? Give you the good ‘ol one-two BAM BAM!” She playfully hit her fists in the air at Adara’s direction. “Sucker ya while ya guard’s down. That oughtta teach ya ‘bout even touchin’ such crap in my general vicinity.”

Her wide grin lightly lowered at the edges. “It would. But why would we not try to keep tabs on her? There’s no way just letting someone like that run free is safe. She might try to kill people out of vengeance, you know.”

Evelyn then slammed a fist against the wall again. “BE QUIET AND TAKE YOUR SHOWER.” Man did she love riling people up.

Ann

Alright, this was getting to be too much. Each scribble, each whisper, everything made the hairs on Ann’s neck and her feathers bristle, skin itching from each glance in her direction. She pulled the feathers on her head back so they lay flat against her skull as she whipped to Ire agitated.

“You know my feathers act as an ear extension, right? They pull in sounds towards my ears, I can hear you you know. If you’re going to talk with spirits, take my advice and be more discreet about it. Not only will people try to take advantage of you for it, it’s obnoxious to everyone else around you, like having a loud conversation in a quiet room.”
She huffed and pulled her tail feathers to her lap, fingers wildly brushing through them and plucking out invisible dust.

(lol, new plot, Ann becomes a cryptid. Adults that wander into the forest go missing, never to be seen again, children get to play with fake wings and return unscathed.)
Camp Group

Kora shooed off some students that were getting rowdy and beginning to roughhouse. They may have to give the hero-to-bes something to do here soon, they were beginning to wrestle and tassel with each other, taking out their quirks and pent up energy on one another. Perhaps it was time for some more sparring, but with the good ol teachers this time. Or maybe that should wait for tomorrow. She’d leave what to do next up to the others with more teaching experience.

“How is the Commission even still in operation? You would have thought that the whole “Paranormal Liberation Front” thing all those decades ago woulda scared our country into pushing out any potential corruption within heroes. Hell, maybe even make us jump the gun and fire any hero that says they like money or live in a mansion.” She scowled. “But considering they’ve done those things to us of all people, I’m willing to bet that the Commission got away with everything they’ve ever done with nothing more than a mere slap on the wrist.”

She rubbed her temples. “Who even knows what Hawks did in his lifetime at this point? The information that we’re provided nowadays is so muddled that even great heroes like Deku and All Might that should be within our history books are only given a few sentences of text within a history class before moving on. The hell could they even be covering up with heroes that lived so long ago?”
~~~

Evelyn tapped a gloved finger against the bedframe she was leaning against. “Good you left ‘em home. If you’da stinked up the place I’d have your head, ya hear? Give you the good ‘ol one-two BAM BAM!” She playfully hit her fists in the air at Adara’s direction. “Sucker ya while ya guard’s down. That oughtta teach ya ‘bout even touchin’ such crap in my general vicinity.”

Her wide grin lightly lowered at the edges. “It would. But why would we not try to keep tabs on her? There’s no way just letting someone like that run free is safe. She might try to kill people out of vengeance, you know.”

Evelyn then slammed a fist against the wall again. “BE QUIET AND TAKE YOUR SHOWER.” Man did she love riling people up.

Ann

Alright, this was getting to be too much. Each scribble, each whisper, everything made the hairs on Ann’s neck and her feathers bristle, skin itching from each glance in her direction. She pulled the feathers on her head back so they lay flat against her skull as she whipped to Ire agitated.

“You know my feathers act as an ear extension, right? They pull in sounds towards my ears, I can hear you you know. If you’re going to talk with spirits, take my advice and be more discreet about it. Not only will people try to take advantage of you for it, it’s obnoxious to everyone else around you, like having a loud conversation in a quiet room.”
She huffed and pulled her tail feathers to her lap, fingers wildly brushing through them and plucking out invisible dust.

(lol, new plot, Ann becomes a cryptid. Adults that wander into the forest go missing, never to be seen again, children get to play with fake wings and return unscathed.)
Camp Group

Neira cast a glance over at the rowdy kids as she said,
“I personally try to do a few supplemental teachings in my agency, mostly in the form of off hand comments. As I prefer history to be a bit more well known… But that’s just me.
I also resonate with yeeting the heroes that are only in it for the money on a spiritual level. It’s one thing to merely enjoy the generous pay while doing the work to actually earn it, but to half a-s the work or worse for the same pay is an insult.”
She shook her head and thought,
This is why I have potential hires run a few jobs under both direct and hidden observation. To figure out what kind of person you really are before deciding if I want you or not.

Adrien fangs flashed for a second before returning to normal as he said,
“Sh-t like this is what makes me question if the less than noble involvement some members of my family had weren’t as radical to them at the time. Not saying I plan on running off to take part in that stuff, hell no. But if this sort of corruption sparked it, I can see why groups like the PLF were alluring to join… Don’t be too judgemental and keep in mind the breed of quirk my family leans towards and that it’s the equivalent of the ‘crackhead’ side of the family that we know exists but don’t talk about. Mine’s just more aggressive than most unfortunately.”

Umbral then added,
“Hey, want me to occupy children with a theater game? I’m certain I could find one that would work well here.”
~~~

Adara burst out in a fit of giggles as she replied,
“Fair enough, as from what I’ve been told poop smells pretty bad. Dunno since I can’t smell, but people react violently when I throw a mix of the chemical responsible for the smell, skatole, and butyric acid at them. So I have a bit on me, sealed up of course, frequently.”
Her laughter became more intense as she thought,
The fact I sometimes can’t tell the difference between poop and mud has led to some weird conversations and accidentally smearing sh-t on more than one doormat.
After a few moments Adara settled down a bit and wiped a tear from one of her eyes before she added,
“As for why she was just ‘allowed’ to leave, I'd have to ask Umbral about it… But I’m also willing to bet she’ll ask Freak for help as Freak was taking a day to rest a little after the raid and let some of her muscles recover from basically moving hunks of building and the road while getting people out at the same time.”

At some point during the conversation, the shower was turned off as Lance stepped out and did the normal things of someone getting out of the shower. A moment later he came out in more comfortable looking clothes and slightly wet hair. He walked over and started going through his stuff as he said with tired sarcasm,
“I’ll do what I want.
But anyways, I’m more irritated that someone touched my things and I didn’t notice at first due to that powerful instinct to be clean I have.”
There was a slight pause as he noticed one of his water bottles was missing along with a stash of beef jerky and added,
“Welp, there is now someone with the water bottle I’ve spat in to make a disinfectant, harmless but just feels weird to drink, and a half eaten bag of jerky. Slightly annoying but not a big deal.

And my two cents on the runaway situation, as I could kinda hear the conversation in the shower. Mom probably tried to stop it but got worn down by a stubborn a-shole and decided to take a ‘I’m not necessarily watching you but I sorta am’ approach if angry bird was dead set on leaving… Probably hoping the outside world would provide a sort of reality check/make our side of the argument seem a bit more reasonable.”

Luther - Vamp’s Ire

Luther winced a bit as he replied,
“Sh-t, sorry. I didn’t know that ‘til now, but I can see how this would bug the sh-t out of someone with more sensitive hearing.”
You could tell that he was being pretty genuine with what he said as Luther thought,
It’s the curse of having heightened hearing as part of your quirk… You can be bothered by more noises.

Ire then added,
“Despite what it looks like… I’m not truly capable of speaking with spirits. Just more sensitive to their existence than most, thus why I have this slightly complex system. Hell the only reason I can ‘speak’ with this one in particular is because she’s my sister and wants to talk. Not really all that easy for someone to take advantage of since I can’t force a spirit to do anything. Then again, it’s why I don’t tell most people every detail of my own quirk, or fudge the full extent of what’s possible. As it’d almost be easier to take advantage of.”
He shuddered a bit as he thought,
I say that because there is a seriously f-cked up way to take advantage of the fact I can see into the mind of my victims. It’s a complete human rights violation but, there’s someone out there that would use starvation to make me more than willing to kill with few objections for information that otherwise wouldn’t be freely given… And I understandably have many objections to living like that as it is a huge f-ck no.
Camp Group

Neira cast a glance over at the rowdy kids as she said,
“I personally try to do a few supplemental teachings in my agency, mostly in the form of off hand comments. As I prefer history to be a bit more well known… But that’s just me.
I also resonate with yeeting the heroes that are only in it for the money on a spiritual level. It’s one thing to merely enjoy the generous pay while doing the work to actually earn it, but to half a-s the work or worse for the same pay is an insult.”
She shook her head and thought,
This is why I have potential hires run a few jobs under both direct and hidden observation. To figure out what kind of person you really are before deciding if I want you or not.

Adrien fangs flashed for a second before returning to normal as he said,
“Sh-t like this is what makes me question if the less than noble involvement some members of my family had weren’t as radical to them at the time. Not saying I plan on running off to take part in that stuff, hell no. But if this sort of corruption sparked it, I can see why groups like the PLF were alluring to join… Don’t be too judgemental and keep in mind the breed of quirk my family leans towards and that it’s the equivalent of the ‘crackhead’ side of the family that we know exists but don’t talk about. Mine’s just more aggressive than most unfortunately.”

Umbral then added,
“Hey, want me to occupy children with a theater game? I’m certain I could find one that would work well here.”
~~~

Adara burst out in a fit of giggles as she replied,
“Fair enough, as from what I’ve been told poop smells pretty bad. Dunno since I can’t smell, but people react violently when I throw a mix of the chemical responsible for the smell, skatole, and butyric acid at them. So I have a bit on me, sealed up of course, frequently.”
Her laughter became more intense as she thought,
The fact I sometimes can’t tell the difference between poop and mud has led to some weird conversations and accidentally smearing sh-t on more than one doormat.
After a few moments Adara settled down a bit and wiped a tear from one of her eyes before she added,
“As for why she was just ‘allowed’ to leave, I'd have to ask Umbral about it… But I’m also willing to bet she’ll ask Freak for help as Freak was taking a day to rest a little after the raid and let some of her muscles recover from basically moving hunks of building and the road while getting people out at the same time.”

At some point during the conversation, the shower was turned off as Lance stepped out and did the normal things of someone getting out of the shower. A moment later he came out in more comfortable looking clothes and slightly wet hair. He walked over and started going through his stuff as he said with tired sarcasm,
“I’ll do what I want.
But anyways, I’m more irritated that someone touched my things and I didn’t notice at first due to that powerful instinct to be clean I have.”
There was a slight pause as he noticed one of his water bottles was missing along with a stash of beef jerky and added,
“Welp, there is now someone with the water bottle I’ve spat in to make a disinfectant, harmless but just feels weird to drink, and a half eaten bag of jerky. Slightly annoying but not a big deal.

And my two cents on the runaway situation, as I could kinda hear the conversation in the shower. Mom probably tried to stop it but got worn down by a stubborn a-shole and decided to take a ‘I’m not necessarily watching you but I sorta am’ approach if angry bird was dead set on leaving… Probably hoping the outside world would provide a sort of reality check/make our side of the argument seem a bit more reasonable.”

Luther - Vamp’s Ire

Luther winced a bit as he replied,
“Sh-t, sorry. I didn’t know that ‘til now, but I can see how this would bug the sh-t out of someone with more sensitive hearing.”
You could tell that he was being pretty genuine with what he said as Luther thought,
It’s the curse of having heightened hearing as part of your quirk… You can be bothered by more noises.

Ire then added,
“Despite what it looks like… I’m not truly capable of speaking with spirits. Just more sensitive to their existence than most, thus why I have this slightly complex system. Hell the only reason I can ‘speak’ with this one in particular is because she’s my sister and wants to talk. Not really all that easy for someone to take advantage of since I can’t force a spirit to do anything. Then again, it’s why I don’t tell most people every detail of my own quirk, or fudge the full extent of what’s possible. As it’d almost be easier to take advantage of.”
He shuddered a bit as he thought,
I say that because there is a seriously f-cked up way to take advantage of the fact I can see into the mind of my victims. It’s a complete human rights violation but, there’s someone out there that would use starvation to make me more than willing to kill with few objections for information that otherwise wouldn’t be freely given… And I understandably have many objections to living like that as it is a huge f-ck no.
slXRG.gif

Camp Group

Kora shook her head in agreement to Neira. “I prefer history being open knowledge for most, to be honest. I find that people often do better when we can actually analyze other people’s errors and learn from them, the problem is with the details. I don’t think we should make “how to rob a bank 101” common knowledge for citizens.” Her voice trailed into a more lighthearted joking type sound. Though that lightheartedness quickly dissipated.

“The PLF is a stark example of the difference between villains and bad people. Bad people will do anything they want to without regard for others, villains will pose as anti-heroes to justify their means to an end.” She shook her head sadly. “Sometimes they have good points too, but they go about solving those issues in the most roundabout and destructive ways possible to the point where it’s counterproductive at getting people to unite for the greater good.”

~~~

Evelyn scrunched her nose. “How about we maybe don’t talk about poop anymore? I’m done with this conversation. No thanks. Eugh. Blech. Outta here. I can talk about people’s arms dangling onto their bodies by a thread of a nerve but bodily stuff? Nah. Not a chance.”

Evelyn couldn’t help but let out a sharp laugh when Lance came out seemingly put off by the fact that someone had taken something of his. “The bird kid made off with your backwash water? Oh man, that’s rancid! The poor thing- hahahah!”

She ran her hands through her curly hair in a vain attempt at getting knots out, debating on taking a shower herself. “I’m willing to bet that Umbral just let her run off because she thought it’d be a better idea. Who knew a pro hero could be so wrong? I wonder what sorts of terrors that gremlin bird is going to commit when she reaches the town, and who knows if Carnage does or doesn’t have connections? Who’s to say that someone doesn’t recognize her and scoop her right off of the street?” She grumbled. “If I let myself die just for us to have to rescue that sorry civilian one more time I’m going to detonate a building.”

Ann

Ann wanted to bristle and hiss again but Ire…backed down, oddly enough. She was expecting an argument, to have someone she could finally get her pent up energy and anger out on, but Ire just apologized. Just like that. As if he had no pride to hold on to, as if he wasn’t worried about being blackmailed or threatened, Ire actually said he was sorry. And the worst part about it was that he sounded like he meant it, acting sympathetic to her in the most genuine way she’d ever seen.

Man, if Ann wasn’t uncomfortable before, she was now. She was stunned speechless for a while but was able to recollected her thoughts that had fallen like a large stack of paper that had been knocked out of her arms. “J-just- er- just be subtle if you’re going to talk to spirits. And don’t do it while I’m around, I don’t wanna get roped into whatever mess those few dead people floating around you are in. Yes, there’s more than one, no I will not describe them.” She preened through her wings, trying to force her feathers to stay flat.

(this just in, local bird discovers apologies. Will she discover empathy? Find out next week on: Camp van man and Cryptid)
Camp Group

Kora shook her head in agreement to Neira. “I prefer history being open knowledge for most, to be honest. I find that people often do better when we can actually analyze other people’s errors and learn from them, the problem is with the details. I don’t think we should make “how to rob a bank 101” common knowledge for citizens.” Her voice trailed into a more lighthearted joking type sound. Though that lightheartedness quickly dissipated.

“The PLF is a stark example of the difference between villains and bad people. Bad people will do anything they want to without regard for others, villains will pose as anti-heroes to justify their means to an end.” She shook her head sadly. “Sometimes they have good points too, but they go about solving those issues in the most roundabout and destructive ways possible to the point where it’s counterproductive at getting people to unite for the greater good.”

~~~

Evelyn scrunched her nose. “How about we maybe don’t talk about poop anymore? I’m done with this conversation. No thanks. Eugh. Blech. Outta here. I can talk about people’s arms dangling onto their bodies by a thread of a nerve but bodily stuff? Nah. Not a chance.”

Evelyn couldn’t help but let out a sharp laugh when Lance came out seemingly put off by the fact that someone had taken something of his. “The bird kid made off with your backwash water? Oh man, that’s rancid! The poor thing- hahahah!”

She ran her hands through her curly hair in a vain attempt at getting knots out, debating on taking a shower herself. “I’m willing to bet that Umbral just let her run off because she thought it’d be a better idea. Who knew a pro hero could be so wrong? I wonder what sorts of terrors that gremlin bird is going to commit when she reaches the town, and who knows if Carnage does or doesn’t have connections? Who’s to say that someone doesn’t recognize her and scoop her right off of the street?” She grumbled. “If I let myself die just for us to have to rescue that sorry civilian one more time I’m going to detonate a building.”

Ann

Ann wanted to bristle and hiss again but Ire…backed down, oddly enough. She was expecting an argument, to have someone she could finally get her pent up energy and anger out on, but Ire just apologized. Just like that. As if he had no pride to hold on to, as if he wasn’t worried about being blackmailed or threatened, Ire actually said he was sorry. And the worst part about it was that he sounded like he meant it, acting sympathetic to her in the most genuine way she’d ever seen.

Man, if Ann wasn’t uncomfortable before, she was now. She was stunned speechless for a while but was able to recollected her thoughts that had fallen like a large stack of paper that had been knocked out of her arms. “J-just- er- just be subtle if you’re going to talk to spirits. And don’t do it while I’m around, I don’t wanna get roped into whatever mess those few dead people floating around you are in. Yes, there’s more than one, no I will not describe them.” She preened through her wings, trying to force her feathers to stay flat.

(this just in, local bird discovers apologies. Will she discover empathy? Find out next week on: Camp van man and Cryptid)
Camp Group Neira nodded as she replied with a slightly cheeky grin, “True, that’s why a wise man on the internet once said ‘a little bit of gatekeeping is necessary to maintain the integrity of a hobby’ and umm… I’m not saying being a hero is a mere hobby… But that is some solid advice we as heroes could stand to follow a bit more.” She then chuckled a bit as she looked over at a group of kids that were on a path that would only end in someone getting hurt and called out, “Yo! Y’all, have one person start a story and after a moment let another person take over and so on. Do any interpretive acting your little hearts desire.” Adrien took a deep breath as he said, “That’s the thing… The PLF had some valid points, but went about getting them across all wrong. As while you might have violent feelings, violence isn’t the best answer to political problems. We stopped voting with knives for a reason after all.” He shook his head before continuing, “Anyways, I’m also a big advocate for learning from the past, as if you vet your people well there shouldn’t be many issues with ‘crime 101’ getting loose. Then again… If you try to rob a bank in a ‘textbook’ way, that takes some admirable stupidity and confidence. Since y’know… We all know what you’re doing and can shut it down rather quickly.” [center]~~~[/center] Adara shook her head slightly as she said, “Crap, sorry. It’s easy to forget that sort of thing grosses people out a lot when you can’t smell it. Then again smell is a strong factor in what gets people and I’m unaffected by it.” Lance snorted a bit as he replied, “Ironically, water I’ve spit in is actually really clean… I use it to disinfect wounds for a reason.” There was a pause before he added, “Nobody’s correct every single time… But, and I doubt mom even so much as considered this idea in the slightest, it could possibly be an unintentional way to get the enemy to reveal themself. Emphasis on it being unintentional, as we’re all generally opposed to using people like that.” ----- Luther - Vamp’s Ire He nodded a bit as he said, “Reasonable enough to comply with. And if the other spirit is who I think it is… You have a working middle finger and no obligation to give him the attention his parents never gave him, really all it takes is an intimidating ‘no’ to get rid of him.” There was a pause as he thought, [i]You don’t have much to worry about from sis… She’d just want to talk. That’s all.[/i] Luther then added, “Try taking on a personality around certain people that is just abrasive enough they don’t want to deal with you longer than necessary. While being intimidating enough to make someone question if you’ll break their arm if they try anything. But to not be overt with either of those things so that people can stand to exist in the same area as you. It’s what I’ve done since before you were born and it really only failed once, but the guy was too much of a dumba-s to consider I’d be willing to rip one of my fangs out to use as a lockpick.” ((Legit sorry for the wait, school and umm… Being sick in the morning held me up. There is nothing actually wrong with me other than allergies and not eating before I go to sleep. And know that the idea of accidental Ann being bait was thought of in like two seconds on my end and I felt weirdly smart. Have a discord screen shot from a similar RP with the only context being that Keiran is the #2 hero: [img]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/976554795835994132/1022912269081903184/Screen_Shot_2022-09-23_at_11.46.37_AM.png[/img]
Camp Group

Neira nodded as she replied with a slightly cheeky grin,
“True, that’s why a wise man on the internet once said ‘a little bit of gatekeeping is necessary to maintain the integrity of a hobby’ and umm… I’m not saying being a hero is a mere hobby… But that is some solid advice we as heroes could stand to follow a bit more.”
She then chuckled a bit as she looked over at a group of kids that were on a path that would only end in someone getting hurt and called out,
“Yo! Y’all, have one person start a story and after a moment let another person take over and so on. Do any interpretive acting your little hearts desire.”

Adrien took a deep breath as he said,
“That’s the thing… The PLF had some valid points, but went about getting them across all wrong. As while you might have violent feelings, violence isn’t the best answer to political problems. We stopped voting with knives for a reason after all.”
He shook his head before continuing,
“Anyways, I’m also a big advocate for learning from the past, as if you vet your people well there shouldn’t be many issues with ‘crime 101’ getting loose. Then again… If you try to rob a bank in a ‘textbook’ way, that takes some admirable stupidity and confidence. Since y’know… We all know what you’re doing and can shut it down rather quickly.”
~~~

Adara shook her head slightly as she said,
“Crap, sorry. It’s easy to forget that sort of thing grosses people out a lot when you can’t smell it. Then again smell is a strong factor in what gets people and I’m unaffected by it.”

Lance snorted a bit as he replied,
“Ironically, water I’ve spit in is actually really clean… I use it to disinfect wounds for a reason.”
There was a pause before he added,
“Nobody’s correct every single time… But, and I doubt mom even so much as considered this idea in the slightest, it could possibly be an unintentional way to get the enemy to reveal themself.
Emphasis on it being unintentional, as we’re all generally opposed to using people like that.”

Luther - Vamp’s Ire

He nodded a bit as he said,
“Reasonable enough to comply with. And if the other spirit is who I think it is… You have a working middle finger and no obligation to give him the attention his parents never gave him, really all it takes is an intimidating ‘no’ to get rid of him.”
There was a pause as he thought,
You don’t have much to worry about from sis… She’d just want to talk. That’s all.

Luther then added,
“Try taking on a personality around certain people that is just abrasive enough they don’t want to deal with you longer than necessary. While being intimidating enough to make someone question if you’ll break their arm if they try anything. But to not be overt with either of those things so that people can stand to exist in the same area as you. It’s what I’ve done since before you were born and it really only failed once, but the guy was too much of a dumba-s to consider I’d be willing to rip one of my fangs out to use as a lockpick.”

((Legit sorry for the wait, school and umm… Being sick in the morning held me up. There is nothing actually wrong with me other than allergies and not eating before I go to sleep.
And know that the idea of accidental Ann being bait was thought of in like two seconds on my end and I felt weirdly smart.
Have a discord screen shot from a similar RP with the only context being that Keiran is the #2 hero:
Screen_Shot_2022-09-23_at_11.46.37_AM.png
slXRG.gif

1 2 ... 50 51 52 53 54 55 56