Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | [OOC] • What Once was Lost • CLOSED
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 304 305
[img]http://i.imgur.com/L5Nllxk.png[/img] [center][font=twilight] [size=6][i]•What Once Was Lost•[/i] [/size] [size=5] [b]Closed[/b] [size=1][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2021835#post_2021835] Crrrredit[/url] [/size] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/rp/2908918#post_2908918] [b]Introduction[/b][/url]•[url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/rp/2908918#post_44646107]World Lore[/url]•[url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/rp/2908918#post_44646109]Character Sheet[/url]•[url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/rp/2908918#post_44646110]Character List[/url]• [rule] The land of Rosten has thrived peacefully for the last 50 years. Ever since Great King Norhan sealed away all magic, the land has become much more peaceful. Not having magically created monsters and evil magic wielders who terrorized the land has helped the people relax. Great King Norhan died 20 years ago, and his eldest son, King Tirnen rose to the thrown. He has filled his father's footsteps with ease, but something is lurking under the surface of this picturesque kingdom... It started with the rumored disappearance of King Tirnen's youngest son 15 years ago. Whispers are spreading throughout the kingdom. What is happening? [b]EVENTS:[/b] Prince Marlik is going to be crowned as new king in 3 days. The country is mourning the loss of King Tirnen. [rule] A masked man who goes by [b]Shard[/b] has been in the shadows for many years long. He has found several people who are promising. Some he kidnapped, taking them to his underground lair. Others came willingly. And now, he is going to change the world. Raven has something that can return magic. His plan is to infuse each of the individuals (known as Experiments) with magic and see what happens. If everything goes well, he will have a magical army that can take over the kingdom. [rule] This roleplay will involve the group of Experiments escaping, trying to figure out Shard's plan, and releasing magic back to the world. This is a very loose plan however, and things are bound to change. Also plot twists. Also secrets. And hey, if you read all the Introduction, world lore and everything, please put your favorite part of Kosner into the Other section. :D Thanks for joining and have fun! [b]And I am subbed to this thread![/b] [/center]
L5Nllxk.png
•What Once Was Lost•
Closed
Crrrredit

Introduction
World LoreCharacter SheetCharacter List

The land of Rosten has thrived peacefully for the last 50 years. Ever since Great King Norhan sealed away all magic, the land has become much more peaceful. Not having magically created monsters and evil magic wielders who terrorized the land has helped the people relax. Great King Norhan died 20 years ago, and his eldest son, King Tirnen rose to the thrown. He has filled his father's footsteps with ease, but something is lurking under the surface of this picturesque kingdom...
It started with the rumored disappearance of King Tirnen's youngest son 15 years ago. Whispers are spreading throughout the kingdom.
What is happening?
EVENTS: Prince Marlik is going to be crowned as new king in 3 days.
The country is mourning the loss of King Tirnen.
A masked man who goes by Shard has been in the shadows for many years long. He has found several people who are promising. Some he kidnapped, taking them to his underground lair. Others came willingly. And now, he is going to change the world. Raven has something that can return magic. His plan is to infuse each of the individuals (known as Experiments) with magic and see what happens. If everything goes well, he will have a magical army that can take over the kingdom.
This roleplay will involve the group of Experiments escaping, trying to figure out Shard's plan, and releasing magic back to the world. This is a very loose plan however, and things are bound to change.
Also plot twists.
Also secrets.
And hey, if you read all the Introduction, world lore and everything, please put your favorite part of Kosner into the Other section. :D
Thanks for joining and have fun!
And I am subbed to this thread!
BVUXJUX.png
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifBreeze or Breezy
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifFR + 1
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Future Author, Artist, and Poet!
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifI love roleplaying!

arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Art Shop Coming Soon!
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif I love Hamilton
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifVery Active on FR!
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifCredit!
28262.png
[center][font=twilight] [size=6][i]•What Once Was Lost•[/i] [/size] [size=5] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/rp/2908918#post_2908918]Introduction[/url]•[url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/rp/2908918#post_44646107][b]World Lore[/b][/url]•[url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/rp/2908918#post_44646109]Character Sheet[/url]•[url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/rp/2908918#post_44646110]Character List[/url]• [rule] (I will make some art soon!) [img]http://i.imgur.com/CAoFzQv.png[/img] [b]The land[/b] The great continent surrounded by water for hundreds of thousands of miles of ocean is named [u]Kosner[/u]. The lands used to be ravaged with war, but things are now much more peaceful. Plants are growing again. Forests are allowed to grow out of control. It's a beautiful country. It is in a [u]medieval-age setting[/u], so no guns, cars or anything like that. [u]The north section[/u] is known for it's [u]fishing[/u] and pearl industry. The coasts are covered with little shacks and the water is nearly covered with boats. Further away from the coast, rolling green hills and flowery meadows grow, containing the [u]largest amount of towns and villages.[/u] [u]The south section [/u]is covered by the [u]Twisted Forest[/u]. The huge, dark forest is the [u]source of nearly all the wood in Kosner[/u]. Strangely, the number of trees hasn't depleted for a long time. [u]The west section contains a huge desert[/u]. Many nomads live there, occasionally selling the [u]strange fruits that grow in the desert[/u].The sands are always shifting, and it is[u] impossible to navigate or make maps[/u]. You [u]need someone who was born in the desert to be able to get around[/u]. Strangely, a [u]huge mountain is located in the center of the desert[/u]. That mountain is known as [u]Koraca Mountain[/u], or just Koraca for short. The [u]east land contains a huge freshwater lake[/u]. It [u]creates many rivers and streams [/u]that branch out across the land. One goes [u]straight into the desert, curling around the mountain before splitting off to drop into the ocean[/u]. Others snake into the Twisted Forest. Still more travel up to the north. [rule] [img]http://i.imgur.com/7xmmeMg.png[/img] [b]The Lair [/b] (starting location!) Shard's underground cavern is spectacular. Deep under the Twisted Forest, his experiments are carried out. There is only one known entrance, and only Shard has the keys. Candles hang from the ceiling, casting flicking glows on the walls. The ground is hard, solid rock. Shard's private room is blocked by a heavy gate. For some reason, each Experiment has their own cell. The cells are made of a solid concrete-like material. The floor is solid rock, furnished with one or two rugs. There is a small mattress stuffed with straw for a bed. The beds are covered with a thin blanket. Which is not enough protection for the freezing underground nights. Shard doesn't seem to notice the cold though. He doesn't seem to notice much. On the rare occasions when the Experiments see him, he simply stares at them for hours, taking notes. If you ask him questions, Shard will talk for hours about all his plans without even telling anything helpful. Only about how he will 'use magic for the way it was intended.' and make himself ruler. He often mutters things like; "It is my right...", "...completely justified...", "My gift..." and so on. [img]https://i.imgur.com/8l4pkPD.jpg[/img] (sorry for how hard it is to read) [rule] [img]http://i.imgur.com/SILLcxG.png[/img] [b] The Capital: Conna [/b] The capital of Kosner is located near the northern coast, perched on top of a huge hill. Conna has a huge marble castle where King Tirnen, Queen Ellen and their sons live. They are wise, loved rulers, but they are getting old. Soon their oldest son will rise to the throne. Who knows what will happen then? [/center]
•What Once Was Lost•
IntroductionWorld LoreCharacter SheetCharacter List

(I will make some art soon!)

CAoFzQv.png
The land
The great continent surrounded by water for hundreds of thousands of miles of ocean is named Kosner. The lands used to be ravaged with war, but things are now much more peaceful. Plants are growing again. Forests are allowed to grow out of control. It's a beautiful country. It is in a medieval-age setting, so no guns, cars or anything like that.
The north section is known for it's fishing and pearl industry. The coasts are covered with little shacks and the water is nearly covered with boats. Further away from the coast, rolling green hills and flowery meadows grow, containing the largest amount of towns and villages.
The south section is covered by the Twisted Forest. The huge, dark forest is the source of nearly all the wood in Kosner. Strangely, the number of trees hasn't depleted for a long time.
The west section contains a huge desert. Many nomads live there, occasionally selling the strange fruits that grow in the desert.The sands are always shifting, and it is impossible to navigate or make maps. You need someone who was born in the desert to be able to get around. Strangely, a huge mountain is located in the center of the desert. That mountain is known as Koraca Mountain, or just Koraca for short.
The east land contains a huge freshwater lake. It creates many rivers and streams that branch out across the land. One goes straight into the desert, curling around the mountain before splitting off to drop into the ocean. Others snake into the Twisted Forest. Still more travel up to the north.
7xmmeMg.png
The Lair

(starting location!)
Shard's underground cavern is spectacular. Deep under the Twisted Forest, his experiments are carried out. There is only one known entrance, and only Shard has the keys. Candles hang from the ceiling, casting flicking glows on the walls. The ground is hard, solid rock. Shard's private room is blocked by a heavy gate.
For some reason, each Experiment has their own cell. The cells are made of a solid concrete-like material. The floor is solid rock, furnished with one or two rugs. There is a small mattress stuffed with straw for a bed. The beds are covered with a thin blanket. Which is not enough protection for the freezing underground nights. Shard doesn't seem to notice the cold though. He doesn't seem to notice much. On the rare occasions when the Experiments see him, he simply stares at them for hours, taking notes. If you ask him questions, Shard will talk for hours about all his plans without even telling anything helpful. Only about how he will 'use magic for the way it was intended.' and make himself ruler. He often mutters things like; "It is my right...", "...completely justified...", "My gift..."
and so on.
8l4pkPD.jpg (sorry for how hard it is to read)
SILLcxG.png

The Capital: Conna

The capital of Kosner is located near the northern coast, perched on top of a huge hill. Conna has a huge marble castle where King Tirnen, Queen Ellen and their sons live. They are wise, loved rulers, but they are getting old. Soon their oldest son will rise to the throne. Who knows what will happen then?
BVUXJUX.png

28262.png
[center][font=twilight] [size=6][i]•What Once Was Lost•[/i] [/size] [size=5] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/rp/2908918#post_2908918]Introduction[/url]•[url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/rp/2908918#post_44646107]World Lore[/url]•[url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/rp/2908918#post_44646109][b]Character Sheet[/b][/url]•[url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/rp/2908918#post_44646110]Character List[/url]• [rule] If you have made it this far, through the walls of text and details, good job! Now we get onto the fun part, characters! But first, there are a couple rules: (I keep adding new ones, oops) [quote=RULES] [b]1. No controlling other people's characters![/b] The only exception to this is if your character has an APPROVED power that can do something to others. Please ask permission though! (And don't ever kill a character without permission!) [b]2. [/b][b]Use proper grammar and spelling![/b] It doesn't have to be perfect because, well, nothing is perfect, but please try to write literate sentences. :D [b]3. Write at LEAST 5 sentences.[/b] If you are running out of things to write about, try describing your character's feelings about others, thoughts, what they look like or aspects of their personality/backstory! [b]4. Don't have a super OP (overpowered) character.[/b] Strong powers are okay, but if they are ridiculously powerful, we will have to tone them down a bit. If you aren't sure about a power, just ask me! I don't bite! [size=1]Usually. [/size] [b]CHARACTERS CAN HAVE 1-2 POWERS[/b] [b]5. Third Person perspective, please![/b] You can write their thoughts in first person, of course, but the rest should be 3rd person. Wrong: I jumped up and down. Right: Jane jumped up and down. [b]6.[/b] Keep IC (in character) things in the IC page (I haven't made it yet) and OOC (out of character) things in the OOC thread (This one). [b]7. One character per person![/b] [b]8. Romance is encouraged, but keep it PG-13![/b] [/quote] [rule] [font=twilight] [size=7] And Now, THE CHARACTER SHEET! *screams excitedly* [/size] [size=5]Also, PLEASE DELETE THE THINGS IN PARENTHESES[/size] [quote=character sheet] [b]Name: Nickname/s: Age: [/b](minimum age is 15) [b]Gender: Theme Song:[/b] (Optional) [b]Where they are from:[/b] (west, south, east, north) [b]Personality: Appearance: [/b](Art goes here too! Make sure to credit the artist though) [b]Backstory: How long have they been an Experiment:[/b] (1-6 weeks) [b]What powers will they have: [/b](These powers ONLY come at a certain point in the rp when they get powers. Before that point, they don't have powers and never have) [b]Strengths: Weaknesses: Other:[/b] [/quote] [/center]
•What Once Was Lost•
IntroductionWorld LoreCharacter SheetCharacter List

If you have made it this far, through the walls of text and details, good job! Now we get onto the fun part, characters!
But first, there are a couple rules: (I keep adding new ones, oops)
RULES wrote:
1. No controlling other people's characters! The only exception to this is if your character has an APPROVED power that can do something to others. Please ask permission though! (And don't ever kill a character without permission!)
2. Use proper grammar and spelling! It doesn't have to be perfect because, well, nothing is perfect, but please try to write literate sentences. :D
3. Write at LEAST 5 sentences. If you are running out of things to write about, try describing your character's feelings about others, thoughts, what they look like or aspects of their personality/backstory!
4. Don't have a super OP (overpowered) character. Strong powers are okay, but if they are ridiculously powerful, we will have to tone them down a bit. If you aren't sure about a power, just ask me! I don't bite! Usually.
CHARACTERS CAN HAVE 1-2 POWERS
5. Third Person perspective, please! You can write their thoughts in first person, of course, but the rest should be 3rd person.
Wrong: I jumped up and down.
Right: Jane jumped up and down.
6. Keep IC (in character) things in the IC page (I haven't made it yet) and OOC (out of character) things in the OOC thread (This one).
7. One character per person!
8. Romance is encouraged, but keep it PG-13!

And Now, THE CHARACTER SHEET! *screams excitedly*
Also, PLEASE DELETE THE THINGS IN PARENTHESES
character sheet wrote:
Name:
Nickname/s:
(Optional)
Where they are from: (west, south, east, north)
Personality:
Appearance:
(Art goes here too! Make sure to credit the artist though)
Backstory:
How long have they been an Experiment:
(1-6 weeks)
What powers will they have: (These powers ONLY come at a certain point in the rp when they get powers. Before that point, they don't have powers and never have)
Strengths:
Weaknesses:
Other:
BVUXJUX.png

28262.png
BVUXJUX.png

28262.png
UHhhhhhh
I might need anotherrr
UHhhhhhh
I might need anotherrr
BVUXJUX.png

28262.png
HEY BREEZE CAN I JOIN?

*exited Screams*
HEY BREEZE CAN I JOIN?

*exited Screams*
JkpHEfN.jpg
Saving a spot for you now!
@Luminousheart
You can post the char sheet when the name of this thread changes to 3/5 Slots open! or something
Saving a spot for you now!
@Luminousheart
You can post the char sheet when the name of this thread changes to 3/5 Slots open! or something
BVUXJUX.png

28262.png
Will update this post when I finish the sheet. Going to copy/paste it into docs so I can edit it.
Will update this post when I finish the sheet. Going to copy/paste it into docs so I can edit it.
Eyeballs2.png
Mk thx Breeze!

IM SO HECKKING EXCITED
Mk thx Breeze!

IM SO HECKKING EXCITED
JkpHEfN.jpg
Alright!!
POST YOUR SHEETS NOWWWW
(Are you all subbed?)
Alright!!
POST YOUR SHEETS NOWWWW
(Are you all subbed?)
BVUXJUX.png

28262.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 304 305