Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | [One Slot!] Wild West Fantasy
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11
@RidgeButch (Tagging since you requested it, I'll have merrow drawn too soon!) [center][img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/86a8146f85dfab0b289ae655bdb7673c/a25b7b1195dd6023-ac/s1280x1920/32f4108a69a1e3538bf57436c0e45c8958f7c0af.png[/img][/center] A quick but not at all comprehensive reference for what nymphs can look like. A few, like gemstone nymphs, follow specific rules when it comes to hair/eye/lip/skin tones, but others just follow general color schemes. Tattoos are possibilities, and so too is lasting damage like missing body parts or injuries. Some can pass as humans, but nymphs lack the facial hair to be mistaken for dwarves and the black scelera to be mistaken for elves. When it comes to clothing, nymphs do have a naturally occurring set which they can use or forgo; it's a soft material which generally manifests as a dress or pants/a shirt, but many choose to wear "actual" clothing for security, conformity, or comfort. However, while that natural outfit is retained if a nymph transforms into their source ([s]I feel like I've completely forgotten to mention that they can do that...[/s] If they were born from something physical, so not light or something, they can transform into that, and if they're destroyed in that form they just become a nymph again. If they're something like lightning, they can become it briefly/travel as it, but not stay as it.), actual clothing is not.
@RidgeButch (Tagging since you requested it, I'll have merrow drawn too soon!)
32f4108a69a1e3538bf57436c0e45c8958f7c0af.png
A quick but not at all comprehensive reference for what nymphs can look like.

A few, like gemstone nymphs, follow specific rules when it comes to hair/eye/lip/skin tones, but others just follow general color schemes. Tattoos are possibilities, and so too is lasting damage like missing body parts or injuries. Some can pass as humans, but nymphs lack the facial hair to be mistaken for dwarves and the black scelera to be mistaken for elves.

When it comes to clothing, nymphs do have a naturally occurring set which they can use or forgo; it's a soft material which generally manifests as a dress or pants/a shirt, but many choose to wear "actual" clothing for security, conformity, or comfort. However, while that natural outfit is retained if a nymph transforms into their source (I feel like I've completely forgotten to mention that they can do that... If they were born from something physical, so not light or something, they can transform into that, and if they're destroyed in that form they just become a nymph again. If they're something like lightning, they can become it briefly/travel as it, but not stay as it.), actual clothing is not.
9JujC4r.png9smSRop.png
plague_rune_50x50.png
OOOFR +0OOO
x78oEKd.png f9a32de21f619685c021adafe3a356066a54ad09.png
21z9rai.gifl5SWccB.gif
2rTMEfu.png
Check out my adopts at
Infernal Beasts,
my lore-based
Scatterquest,
or my skin shop,
Dracopunk!
Oh wow,,, I honestly didn't expect you to go this hard on the references asdfjkl They all have such unique designs too! They're all clearly linked to their respective elements, but also have such clear personality as well! In short: [img]https://i.imgur.com/bYzgN9C.png[/img]
Oh wow,,, I honestly didn't expect you to go this hard on the references asdfjkl

They all have such unique designs too! They're all clearly linked to their respective elements, but also have such clear personality as well!

In short:
bYzgN9C.png
tumblr_inline_pi905v48pa1rhxln1_100.png - She/Her
- FR Time
- 20 y/o
- Wishlist
1EVlM.gif FsbHk.gif
I HAD too... they just look like average people if you don't color them lnjkl And THANK YOU so much!! It was fun just to do and as a practice, definitely looking forward to doing some more of it [i]immediately[/i] [emoji=guardian laughing size=1] [s]and jfuvhkk GOD yes I am here to SERVE[/s]
I HAD too... they just look like average people if you don't color them lnjkl

And THANK YOU so much!! It was fun just to do and as a practice, definitely looking forward to doing some more of it immediately

and jfuvhkk GOD yes I am here to SERVE
9JujC4r.png9smSRop.png
plague_rune_50x50.png
OOOFR +0OOO
21z9rai.gifl5SWccB.gif
2rTMEfu.png
Check out my adopts at
Infernal Beasts,
my lore-based
Scatterquest,
or my skin shop,
Dracopunk!
@Drakessis
Wow! Tons of art! I really like these Nymphs!

In regards to their "naturally generated" clothing, I imagine it's made out of a special material, one/some related to the element of the Nymph that created it? If this is the case, is this fabric/material sought after? Does is have special qualities?
@Drakessis
Wow! Tons of art! I really like these Nymphs!

In regards to their "naturally generated" clothing, I imagine it's made out of a special material, one/some related to the element of the Nymph that created it? If this is the case, is this fabric/material sought after? Does is have special qualities?
d6Bpz8P.pngCx0Sdv8.pngzWgdxzn.png5cC87Ar.png5Pvzltj.pngvAUMJFv.pngqKZAaLK.pngRFvdPMt.pngSLGMeHq.pngd3XCZt0.pngtumblr_ospvc67HxP1v8lm95o2_r2_250.gif
mz77kVn.png
@TheGodOfStories Thank you!! Also it's... No one knows what it's made of. Magic, probably, though it does usually resemble and can contain parts made of their element. It doesn't stick around if the nymph takes it off, but they can regenerate it any time. So it's essentially nothing. ----- (This part is basically a separate post, just wanted to share.) Also, I was going through some old stuff from the setting (2017!!) and found some cool stuff I'd forgotten. You can see the posts [url=https://guardsbian.tumblr.com/post/614352542774804480/also-while-im-on-the-topic-of-nymphs-some]here[/url] and [url=https://guardsbian.tumblr.com/post/614353641421373440/ok-we-also-have-a-friends-nymph-ocs-here-anka]here[/url] if you're curious, but here's the important parts. There are lobster merrow!! Basically big lobster centaurs. I'll make sure to include them in the drawing, along with... Bioluminescent merrow, who come from very deep in the ocean. Also, merrow have no hair on their eyebrows, some don't have lips, and most don't have eyelashes (except some lobster ones). Skin is sometimes transparent or translucent. They also can't eat anything lactose or gluten heavy. I also found this old confusing chart. [center][img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/15c64a763c9020729a0038990814463a/0024462a76e16bc0-c9/s1280x1920/7f5027ac705f1a3020d9c4300c40e1646565a402.png[/img][/center] It does show alot of potential nymph types. But it was made to illustrate how some were connected... Essentially, nymphs that were connected by element considered themselves related, but didn't if they weren't. Do you guys think that should be a thing? It seems like it could get confusing or get in the way, but if it seems interesting I could try to work it in. Personally leaning towards not doing it (ie: it never was a thing anywhere in this setting, never will be) and just having nymphs not be related, but I'd like feedback! Or it could just be that nymphs of the [i]exact same[/i] type consider themselves related, if that'd be easier. (If I don't get feedback/no strong preference, I'm just gonna have them all consider each other completely unrelated, save for being raised with others or typical stuff like that).
@TheGodOfStories Thank you!!

Also it's... No one knows what it's made of. Magic, probably, though it does usually resemble and can contain parts made of their element. It doesn't stick around if the nymph takes it off, but they can regenerate it any time. So it's essentially nothing.

(This part is basically a separate post, just wanted to share.)

Also, I was going through some old stuff from the setting (2017!!) and found some cool stuff I'd forgotten. You can see the posts here and here if you're curious, but here's the important parts.

There are lobster merrow!! Basically big lobster centaurs. I'll make sure to include them in the drawing, along with... Bioluminescent merrow, who come from very deep in the ocean.
Also, merrow have no hair on their eyebrows, some don't have lips, and most don't have eyelashes (except some lobster ones). Skin is sometimes transparent or translucent. They also can't eat anything lactose or gluten heavy.

I also found this old confusing chart.
7f5027ac705f1a3020d9c4300c40e1646565a402.png
It does show alot of potential nymph types. But it was made to illustrate how some were connected... Essentially, nymphs that were connected by element considered themselves related, but didn't if they weren't. Do you guys think that should be a thing? It seems like it could get confusing or get in the way, but if it seems interesting I could try to work it in. Personally leaning towards not doing it (ie: it never was a thing anywhere in this setting, never will be) and just having nymphs not be related, but I'd like feedback! Or it could just be that nymphs of the exact same type consider themselves related, if that'd be easier.
(If I don't get feedback/no strong preference, I'm just gonna have them all consider each other completely unrelated, save for being raised with others or typical stuff like that).
9JujC4r.png9smSRop.png
plague_rune_50x50.png
OOOFR +0OOO
21z9rai.gifl5SWccB.gif
2rTMEfu.png
Check out my adopts at
Infernal Beasts,
my lore-based
Scatterquest,
or my skin shop,
Dracopunk!
@Drakessis

I think it's an interesting idea but personally I feel like it will be a bit too much trouble. The 'related' nymphs could potentially feel slightly more protective to each other but in the end it's your choice.

Also, would a nymph/other race hybrid have the immortality (is the immortality like a dominant or recessive gene)? Or is it like in between, the hybrid individual will die of old age but will have an increased lifespan?
@Drakessis

I think it's an interesting idea but personally I feel like it will be a bit too much trouble. The 'related' nymphs could potentially feel slightly more protective to each other but in the end it's your choice.

Also, would a nymph/other race hybrid have the immortality (is the immortality like a dominant or recessive gene)? Or is it like in between, the hybrid individual will die of old age but will have an increased lifespan?
r7LsxK2.png
Possible Quote/Lyrics
@Nightshadaw Yeah, I definitely think it could get too confusing.

And, nope, they wouldn't inherit any of it. The thing is, nymphs aren't really like... Meant to have kids like that? It's just sort of chance that they can, and tbh it's probably pretty difficult for nymphs to conceive. Nymph genes are very much the bare minimum of what makes them people-like, not any of their magic components. So people with a nymph parent are kind of rare, and usually aren't recognizable as such at all, as they'll just inherit the eye/skin/hair tone of their other parent and could probably be mistaken as half human or half elf or half dwarf because of their ears or something.
I'd let them be more inclined to magic (being able to more easily channel it), but they wouldn't gain the shapeshifty nymph powers or immortality or anything.
@Nightshadaw Yeah, I definitely think it could get too confusing.

And, nope, they wouldn't inherit any of it. The thing is, nymphs aren't really like... Meant to have kids like that? It's just sort of chance that they can, and tbh it's probably pretty difficult for nymphs to conceive. Nymph genes are very much the bare minimum of what makes them people-like, not any of their magic components. So people with a nymph parent are kind of rare, and usually aren't recognizable as such at all, as they'll just inherit the eye/skin/hair tone of their other parent and could probably be mistaken as half human or half elf or half dwarf because of their ears or something.
I'd let them be more inclined to magic (being able to more easily channel it), but they wouldn't gain the shapeshifty nymph powers or immortality or anything.
9JujC4r.png9smSRop.png
plague_rune_50x50.png
OOOFR +0OOO
21z9rai.gifl5SWccB.gif
2rTMEfu.png
Check out my adopts at
Infernal Beasts,
my lore-based
Scatterquest,
or my skin shop,
Dracopunk!
@Drakessis
I think this concept of connected/related elements is interesting. The picture makes it seem more complex than it is, and could be used as a cultural aspect for a race that would otherwise have less cultural aspects or links than other races (?) especially since they lack actual families, though I imagine the bonds could still develop at least to some extent. Like a water and saltwater Nymph meeting for the first time and regarding each other as siblings, I picture them doing so very formally. Or at least that's the image that I have in my head--them referring to each other as "Brother" or "Sister", or a gender neutral term, like "Relative." or "Fam".
@Drakessis
I think this concept of connected/related elements is interesting. The picture makes it seem more complex than it is, and could be used as a cultural aspect for a race that would otherwise have less cultural aspects or links than other races (?) especially since they lack actual families, though I imagine the bonds could still develop at least to some extent. Like a water and saltwater Nymph meeting for the first time and regarding each other as siblings, I picture them doing so very formally. Or at least that's the image that I have in my head--them referring to each other as "Brother" or "Sister", or a gender neutral term, like "Relative." or "Fam".
d6Bpz8P.pngCx0Sdv8.pngzWgdxzn.png5cC87Ar.png5Pvzltj.pngvAUMJFv.pngqKZAaLK.pngRFvdPMt.pngSLGMeHq.pngd3XCZt0.pngtumblr_ospvc67HxP1v8lm95o2_r2_250.gif
mz77kVn.png
@TheGodOfStories I think that's a good point, though there are some groups of nymphs that you would see more "traditional" family bonds in and more recognizable "cultures." Though I do think that their immortality definitely lends to how they are as a whole? There's a very sort of lotus-eaters vibe in groups of isolated nymphs because society isn't going to be built off resources (or money), it's built off bonds with others. Which does lend itself to the relative angle with some nymphs? (whoops I rambled there huh. anyways there are some demographics of older nymphs that would have a specific history that could be relevant. may or may not go into that depending on how important nymphs are in the RP)

But, should it just be limited to the exact same type of nymphs, and not general groups? Because exact same type means that it's freshwater/freshwater or saltwater/saltwater, but general groups means freshwater/saltwater/steam/aquatic plants/snow/cloud/etc.. I think formality would depend on scenario (and how much the individual cares about their identity as a nymph), but in general it'd probably be like... An undertone sort of thing, definitely more remarkable maybe if they wouldn't expect to see the same sort of nymph where they are.

Huh. I'm leaning towards "exact same type consider themselves related" now.
@TheGodOfStories I think that's a good point, though there are some groups of nymphs that you would see more "traditional" family bonds in and more recognizable "cultures." Though I do think that their immortality definitely lends to how they are as a whole? There's a very sort of lotus-eaters vibe in groups of isolated nymphs because society isn't going to be built off resources (or money), it's built off bonds with others. Which does lend itself to the relative angle with some nymphs? (whoops I rambled there huh. anyways there are some demographics of older nymphs that would have a specific history that could be relevant. may or may not go into that depending on how important nymphs are in the RP)

But, should it just be limited to the exact same type of nymphs, and not general groups? Because exact same type means that it's freshwater/freshwater or saltwater/saltwater, but general groups means freshwater/saltwater/steam/aquatic plants/snow/cloud/etc.. I think formality would depend on scenario (and how much the individual cares about their identity as a nymph), but in general it'd probably be like... An undertone sort of thing, definitely more remarkable maybe if they wouldn't expect to see the same sort of nymph where they are.

Huh. I'm leaning towards "exact same type consider themselves related" now.
9JujC4r.png9smSRop.png
plague_rune_50x50.png
OOOFR +0OOO
21z9rai.gifl5SWccB.gif
2rTMEfu.png
Check out my adopts at
Infernal Beasts,
my lore-based
Scatterquest,
or my skin shop,
Dracopunk!
@Drakessis
It's up to you in the end, though I could see both. Nymphs of the same element would definitely consider each other closer than a salt water and fresh water Nymph, though maybe they are willing to see some level of relation there as well. I wonder if Nymphs like metaphors or similes--Seeing the relation in some aspect of even seemingly unrelated elements and the Nymph(s) that represent it, simply due to the physical connection shared through everything. That kind of seemed like gibberish, but I mean like earthly cycles. The water cycle, the rock cycle, the Carbon cycle, the cycle of life and death, the pattern/cycle of the tectonic plates, and water and air currents.

Oo
How precise can Nymph elements be? Is it purely representation of physical things (rocks, fire, water, ect.) or theoretical aspects of our physical world as well? I ask because "singularity" was an element mentioned in the picture, but it was the only one like it I think.
@Drakessis
It's up to you in the end, though I could see both. Nymphs of the same element would definitely consider each other closer than a salt water and fresh water Nymph, though maybe they are willing to see some level of relation there as well. I wonder if Nymphs like metaphors or similes--Seeing the relation in some aspect of even seemingly unrelated elements and the Nymph(s) that represent it, simply due to the physical connection shared through everything. That kind of seemed like gibberish, but I mean like earthly cycles. The water cycle, the rock cycle, the Carbon cycle, the cycle of life and death, the pattern/cycle of the tectonic plates, and water and air currents.

Oo
How precise can Nymph elements be? Is it purely representation of physical things (rocks, fire, water, ect.) or theoretical aspects of our physical world as well? I ask because "singularity" was an element mentioned in the picture, but it was the only one like it I think.
mz77kVn.png
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11