Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | [One Slot!] Wild West Fantasy
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11
@Drakessis

Hm... very interesting concept. Might end up joining if I’ll not come late (again) due to the freakish timezone of mine.

So, the question I wanted to ask is will there be stereotypes between the races? Rivalries between one race and another? Any sort of discrimination/racism?

Also, if you are an outlaw, what is the chance you will be eventually caught? (I know, a very vague question. What I mean by this is how typically the ‘outlaw and wanted’ thing happens and if it’s any different from the classic Westerns)
@Drakessis

Hm... very interesting concept. Might end up joining if I’ll not come late (again) due to the freakish timezone of mine.

So, the question I wanted to ask is will there be stereotypes between the races? Rivalries between one race and another? Any sort of discrimination/racism?

Also, if you are an outlaw, what is the chance you will be eventually caught? (I know, a very vague question. What I mean by this is how typically the ‘outlaw and wanted’ thing happens and if it’s any different from the classic Westerns)
r7LsxK2.png
Possible Quote/Lyrics
@Nightshadaw Thanks!

And no, there won't be, as I'm not really a fan of the sort of "fantasy racism" trope. There might be reference to really old tensions/conflicts/events, but it hopefully won't seem like it's lifted from the real life or anything, and it definitely won't be a conflict in any plots or anything.

And it depends where the outlaw is, I suppose, but it is meant to be derivative from classic Westerns. However, it's definitely not gonna be as black and white as "outlaw bad, sheriff good" (especially when it comes to karma), and the big outlaw vs. sheriff thing is gonna refer more to whole gangs of organized bandits/criminals and stuff, as opposed to individuals. Still, an infamous enough lone criminal is probably gonna have a classic "dead or alive" bounty on them.
I'm not sure if that answers your question, but I can clarify anything about it you need!
@Nightshadaw Thanks!

And no, there won't be, as I'm not really a fan of the sort of "fantasy racism" trope. There might be reference to really old tensions/conflicts/events, but it hopefully won't seem like it's lifted from the real life or anything, and it definitely won't be a conflict in any plots or anything.

And it depends where the outlaw is, I suppose, but it is meant to be derivative from classic Westerns. However, it's definitely not gonna be as black and white as "outlaw bad, sheriff good" (especially when it comes to karma), and the big outlaw vs. sheriff thing is gonna refer more to whole gangs of organized bandits/criminals and stuff, as opposed to individuals. Still, an infamous enough lone criminal is probably gonna have a classic "dead or alive" bounty on them.
I'm not sure if that answers your question, but I can clarify anything about it you need!
9JujC4r.png9smSRop.png
plague_rune_50x50.png
OOOFR +0OOO
x78oEKd.png f9a32de21f619685c021adafe3a356066a54ad09.png
21z9rai.gifl5SWccB.gif
2rTMEfu.png
Check out my adopts at
Infernal Beasts,
my lore-based
Scatterquest,
or my skin shop,
Dracopunk!
@Drakessis

Ah, thanks, no, you answered my question just right. Also, I assume all the species colonised this continent (or on the stage of colonisation, to be specific). Were there species that originated from the 'wild west' continent?
@Drakessis

Ah, thanks, no, you answered my question just right. Also, I assume all the species colonised this continent (or on the stage of colonisation, to be specific). Were there species that originated from the 'wild west' continent?
r7LsxK2.png
Possible Quote/Lyrics
@Nightshadaw Nope, it wasn't colonized, this is just kind of... How it is?

To be specific, the species here are the same species there are all across the world (but there are also different 'races' in each species, which is probably the way to look at who originated from what regions), and there's just been gigantic swaths of land on this continent that have gone unexplored and unclaimed because of the wildlife and climate. But, with advances in technology like guns, early vehicles/locomotives, as well as more open trade overseas, the growing need for more land for new factories and industry in general, and a slowly surging population, people now have the means and need to expand into this hostile wilderness. Hence the uncharted and unclaimed frontier, and the sparse settlements dotted about.
@Nightshadaw Nope, it wasn't colonized, this is just kind of... How it is?

To be specific, the species here are the same species there are all across the world (but there are also different 'races' in each species, which is probably the way to look at who originated from what regions), and there's just been gigantic swaths of land on this continent that have gone unexplored and unclaimed because of the wildlife and climate. But, with advances in technology like guns, early vehicles/locomotives, as well as more open trade overseas, the growing need for more land for new factories and industry in general, and a slowly surging population, people now have the means and need to expand into this hostile wilderness. Hence the uncharted and unclaimed frontier, and the sparse settlements dotted about.
9JujC4r.png9smSRop.png
plague_rune_50x50.png
OOOFR +0OOO
21z9rai.gifl5SWccB.gif
2rTMEfu.png
Check out my adopts at
Infernal Beasts,
my lore-based
Scatterquest,
or my skin shop,
Dracopunk!
Bump?

I might set up some slots people can fill if they want to join.
Bump?

I might set up some slots people can fill if they want to join.
9JujC4r.png9smSRop.png
plague_rune_50x50.png
OOOFR +0OOO
21z9rai.gifl5SWccB.gif
2rTMEfu.png
Check out my adopts at
Infernal Beasts,
my lore-based
Scatterquest,
or my skin shop,
Dracopunk!
@Drakessis

Oh I'd love to join!

How much is known about necromancy, and the formation of Skeletons and Nymphs? Is it specific to the continent of the setting? Are ghosts a thing within the setting?
@Drakessis

Oh I'd love to join!

How much is known about necromancy, and the formation of Skeletons and Nymphs? Is it specific to the continent of the setting? Are ghosts a thing within the setting?
tumblr_inline_pi905v48pa1rhxln1_100.png - She/Her
- FR Time
- 20 y/o
- Wishlist
1EVlM.gif FsbHk.gif
@RidgeButch Ah nice!! I'll put you on the list if I make it.

I'll start with nymphs- there's more known about them, because there's still some from like, a few millennia back that are still kicking (but probably hidden). There's intrinsic magic all over the world (in land and seas alike, along with several densely populated islands) that leads to the formation of elementals (and evidently there's magic elsewhere too, as there is a very small amount of nymphs which were born from comets/stars/space in general, which are super rare but fairly powerful). Elementals do seemed to be formed without any rhyme or reason, but it's also not as if there's this gigantic, unmanageable amount of them. But there's also no way to create nymphs, so evidently there's some kind of magic which creatures and nymphs alike can't access.
The formation of nymphs also seems to have began with the beginning of the modern, non-anthriped and non-merrow (anthripeds are newer, and merrow are older) species, but other elementals have existed far, FAR longer than that. And, no one really knows what that means, but it's certainly something that's known...

With the undead, no one knows why the heck skeletons exist, but it's a phenomenon that happens everywhere. Ghosts don't seem to exist, and any claimed communication with the non-physical undead seems dubious at best. Skeletons in this sense can't be intentionally created, and once again seem random (though, historically, there's been measures taken both to try to prevent and to encourage their formation), and necromancy has never been able to create conscious bodies.
Generally, necromancy can sort of make bodies ambulatory, and give them directions, but that's about it. It's really just a mix of delayed telekinesis and "programming" the bodies to do certain actions. However, there is a difference from just doing it to a mannequin or something, because imbuing a body with these commands (so that it's not just moving under constant magical focus) is really only something that can be done with organic tissues/bones. Plus, necromancers usually have methods of strengthening bones, which they can apply either to their wards or other skeletons.
@RidgeButch Ah nice!! I'll put you on the list if I make it.

I'll start with nymphs- there's more known about them, because there's still some from like, a few millennia back that are still kicking (but probably hidden). There's intrinsic magic all over the world (in land and seas alike, along with several densely populated islands) that leads to the formation of elementals (and evidently there's magic elsewhere too, as there is a very small amount of nymphs which were born from comets/stars/space in general, which are super rare but fairly powerful). Elementals do seemed to be formed without any rhyme or reason, but it's also not as if there's this gigantic, unmanageable amount of them. But there's also no way to create nymphs, so evidently there's some kind of magic which creatures and nymphs alike can't access.
The formation of nymphs also seems to have began with the beginning of the modern, non-anthriped and non-merrow (anthripeds are newer, and merrow are older) species, but other elementals have existed far, FAR longer than that. And, no one really knows what that means, but it's certainly something that's known...

With the undead, no one knows why the heck skeletons exist, but it's a phenomenon that happens everywhere. Ghosts don't seem to exist, and any claimed communication with the non-physical undead seems dubious at best. Skeletons in this sense can't be intentionally created, and once again seem random (though, historically, there's been measures taken both to try to prevent and to encourage their formation), and necromancy has never been able to create conscious bodies.
Generally, necromancy can sort of make bodies ambulatory, and give them directions, but that's about it. It's really just a mix of delayed telekinesis and "programming" the bodies to do certain actions. However, there is a difference from just doing it to a mannequin or something, because imbuing a body with these commands (so that it's not just moving under constant magical focus) is really only something that can be done with organic tissues/bones. Plus, necromancers usually have methods of strengthening bones, which they can apply either to their wards or other skeletons.
9JujC4r.png9smSRop.png
plague_rune_50x50.png
OOOFR +0OOO
21z9rai.gifl5SWccB.gif
2rTMEfu.png
Check out my adopts at
Infernal Beasts,
my lore-based
Scatterquest,
or my skin shop,
Dracopunk!
@WolvenWitch Not at all!! I love dumping info about my settings, lol

Common anthritilians would probably be stuff like bearded dragons, rattlesnakes, horned lizards, gila monsters, copperheads, even alligators/crocodiles tbh, basically any reptile you'd find in North America. But sometimes they're just other types of reptiles! Not commonly, but alot of folks have pretty diverse families, and usually appearances don't get all that muddled (ie, an anthritilian with a parent resembling a cobra and one resembling a gecko with probably only resemble one or the other, maybe with just some different coloration or funky hands or different tongues or heights). So some are definitely more common, but sometimes genetics just sneak up on somebody.
Common anthravians would be crows, eagles, owls, hummingbirds, vultures, again just anything from North America basically. But the same stuff from above applies!
(And, you didn't ask, but... folks who are partially both tend to have very dinosaur-esque looks! Think archaeopteryx or something along those lines.)

And no, they can't really fly or glide or anything, the feathers are basically decorative, and can vary in length and thickness/sparseness.
For size... Generally, yes, but realistically, not really. So one resembling a crocodile or an eagle with a long lineage of that will probably be taller than one resembling a gecko or a songbird with a long lineage of that; but usually individuals will have families with different looking anthripeds in their lineage, so over time heights start to fluctuate or get "misaligned."
@WolvenWitch Not at all!! I love dumping info about my settings, lol

Common anthritilians would probably be stuff like bearded dragons, rattlesnakes, horned lizards, gila monsters, copperheads, even alligators/crocodiles tbh, basically any reptile you'd find in North America. But sometimes they're just other types of reptiles! Not commonly, but alot of folks have pretty diverse families, and usually appearances don't get all that muddled (ie, an anthritilian with a parent resembling a cobra and one resembling a gecko with probably only resemble one or the other, maybe with just some different coloration or funky hands or different tongues or heights). So some are definitely more common, but sometimes genetics just sneak up on somebody.
Common anthravians would be crows, eagles, owls, hummingbirds, vultures, again just anything from North America basically. But the same stuff from above applies!
(And, you didn't ask, but... folks who are partially both tend to have very dinosaur-esque looks! Think archaeopteryx or something along those lines.)

And no, they can't really fly or glide or anything, the feathers are basically decorative, and can vary in length and thickness/sparseness.
For size... Generally, yes, but realistically, not really. So one resembling a crocodile or an eagle with a long lineage of that will probably be taller than one resembling a gecko or a songbird with a long lineage of that; but usually individuals will have families with different looking anthripeds in their lineage, so over time heights start to fluctuate or get "misaligned."
9JujC4r.png9smSRop.png
plague_rune_50x50.png
OOOFR +0OOO
21z9rai.gifl5SWccB.gif
2rTMEfu.png
Check out my adopts at
Infernal Beasts,
my lore-based
Scatterquest,
or my skin shop,
Dracopunk!
@Drakessis

What are prosthetics like in this verse? How accessible/effective are magical ones? Can Skeletons reattach limbs/is limb loss permanent for them in the same way it is for us humans?
@Drakessis

What are prosthetics like in this verse? How accessible/effective are magical ones? Can Skeletons reattach limbs/is limb loss permanent for them in the same way it is for us humans?
tumblr_inline_pi905v48pa1rhxln1_100.png - She/Her
- FR Time
- 20 y/o
- Wishlist
1EVlM.gif FsbHk.gif
@RidgeButch

Skeletons can reattach limbs from joints, but if they're broken then it requires some degree of brace/glue/tape/bandage to keep it in place. Theoretically they could probably attach a specially-made prosthesis from a joint and use it seamlessly, but it'd be awkward unless it was weighted really well. Things like screws and such to keep facial bits in place might also be used, but if the head were are such high risk, something like a helmet might be a better investment.

Prostheses vary alot, though generally they're non-magical. Nymphs (which can be born without certain/with deformed/with underdeveloped limbs, as well as just lose them) can usually conjure prostheses out of the elements they control and, because of how much they're attuned to it, can have it function as if it were... nymph-fleshy. The same would go for any other -mancers, but it probably wouldn't be as seamless. And a necromancer... Could probably use someone else's body parts as prosthesis, but I can't imagine it'd go over well unless they hid it.
Otherwise, learning telekinesis would probably be a good way to go about controlling more acute motions, but it might just be easier to obtain and use a non-magical one. I think some examples of James Gillingham's leather artificial limbs are a good example of the tech level! Though for legs and such, depending on the situation, other mobility aids may be needed if telekinesis isn't utilized.
@RidgeButch

Skeletons can reattach limbs from joints, but if they're broken then it requires some degree of brace/glue/tape/bandage to keep it in place. Theoretically they could probably attach a specially-made prosthesis from a joint and use it seamlessly, but it'd be awkward unless it was weighted really well. Things like screws and such to keep facial bits in place might also be used, but if the head were are such high risk, something like a helmet might be a better investment.

Prostheses vary alot, though generally they're non-magical. Nymphs (which can be born without certain/with deformed/with underdeveloped limbs, as well as just lose them) can usually conjure prostheses out of the elements they control and, because of how much they're attuned to it, can have it function as if it were... nymph-fleshy. The same would go for any other -mancers, but it probably wouldn't be as seamless. And a necromancer... Could probably use someone else's body parts as prosthesis, but I can't imagine it'd go over well unless they hid it.
Otherwise, learning telekinesis would probably be a good way to go about controlling more acute motions, but it might just be easier to obtain and use a non-magical one. I think some examples of James Gillingham's leather artificial limbs are a good example of the tech level! Though for legs and such, depending on the situation, other mobility aids may be needed if telekinesis isn't utilized.
9JujC4r.png9smSRop.png
plague_rune_50x50.png
OOOFR +0OOO
21z9rai.gifl5SWccB.gif
2rTMEfu.png
Check out my adopts at
Infernal Beasts,
my lore-based
Scatterquest,
or my skin shop,
Dracopunk!