Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | [One Slot!] Wild West Fantasy
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11
@WolvenWitch Added you!
@WolvenWitch Added you!
9JujC4r.png9smSRop.png
plague_rune_50x50.png
OOOFR +0OOO
x78oEKd.png f9a32de21f619685c021adafe3a356066a54ad09.png
21z9rai.gifl5SWccB.gif
2rTMEfu.png
Check out my adopts at
Infernal Beasts,
my lore-based
Scatterquest,
or my skin shop,
Dracopunk!
@Drakessis

Can I have a slot? :3
@Drakessis

Can I have a slot? :3
r7LsxK2.png
Possible Quote/Lyrics
@Drakessis

How would you say magic typically 'works' in your setting, and what is considered the norm for a spellcaster? A normal person?
@Drakessis

How would you say magic typically 'works' in your setting, and what is considered the norm for a spellcaster? A normal person?
tumblr_inline_pi905v48pa1rhxln1_100.png - She/Her
- FR Time
- 20 y/o
- Wishlist
1EVlM.gif FsbHk.gif
Ahhh I love this idea!
Ahhh I love this idea!
I'm a pansexual with she/her pronouns. I don't mind a message or a ping! Timezone is +1 FR time.
Currently: Grew UP in the French court, oui oui bonjour, life was a chore so...
@Nightshadaw Added!

@RidgeButch Magic seems to be something intrinsic to the world, but not to creatures; hence, it's not really something you create, it's something you use. Like most skills it takes time and practice to get good or even okay at it, and in the same way requires upkeep of the skill or else it'll fade. (I don't know if that answers your question, sorry!)

For spellcasters it'd really vary, especially with it not really being a regulated career, so it'd really depend on how long they'd been doing it and who mentored them, if anyone. A typical person probably wouldn't know any, but anything they did know would probably be related to what they typically do. Simple telekinesis if they need to quickly grab and put away things, creating light if they need to often, making a small flame if they're camping on trails often or something. Little things that with enough practice would probably become like a reflex, but not big enough things where they'd have to focus on anything beyond the action itself, I guess? (again sorry if this doesn't really answer it jhuhfhj)

@CrypticMeaning Thanks!!
@Nightshadaw Added!

@RidgeButch Magic seems to be something intrinsic to the world, but not to creatures; hence, it's not really something you create, it's something you use. Like most skills it takes time and practice to get good or even okay at it, and in the same way requires upkeep of the skill or else it'll fade. (I don't know if that answers your question, sorry!)

For spellcasters it'd really vary, especially with it not really being a regulated career, so it'd really depend on how long they'd been doing it and who mentored them, if anyone. A typical person probably wouldn't know any, but anything they did know would probably be related to what they typically do. Simple telekinesis if they need to quickly grab and put away things, creating light if they need to often, making a small flame if they're camping on trails often or something. Little things that with enough practice would probably become like a reflex, but not big enough things where they'd have to focus on anything beyond the action itself, I guess? (again sorry if this doesn't really answer it jhuhfhj)

@CrypticMeaning Thanks!!
9JujC4r.png9smSRop.png
plague_rune_50x50.png
OOOFR +0OOO
21z9rai.gifl5SWccB.gif
2rTMEfu.png
Check out my adopts at
Infernal Beasts,
my lore-based
Scatterquest,
or my skin shop,
Dracopunk!
@Drakessis

What are the general lifespans of each race?
@Drakessis

What are the general lifespans of each race?
r7LsxK2.png
Possible Quote/Lyrics
@Nightshadaw All species have the same lifespans, barring nymphs and skeletons which are immortal (though both can be killed, and skeletons can become more brittle and susceptible to accidents/"death" over time).

But generally people can get up into their 70s-80s or higher, though there are lots of things out there that tend to cut people's lives short quicker. Quality and duration of life is definitely better than it was in the actual old west, and, though not everything has a surefire cure, there's lots of potions and such which can help people suffering from several ailments. Plus, someone in a big city or richer area is probably gonna live longer than someone in a newer settlement out in the forest or poorer area, just because of what they've got access to. Still plenty of phony medicine, though...

Edit: Oh, also some species of merrow can get really old. Lots definitely don't follow the same maturation or aging patterns of land-dwelling species.
@Nightshadaw All species have the same lifespans, barring nymphs and skeletons which are immortal (though both can be killed, and skeletons can become more brittle and susceptible to accidents/"death" over time).

But generally people can get up into their 70s-80s or higher, though there are lots of things out there that tend to cut people's lives short quicker. Quality and duration of life is definitely better than it was in the actual old west, and, though not everything has a surefire cure, there's lots of potions and such which can help people suffering from several ailments. Plus, someone in a big city or richer area is probably gonna live longer than someone in a newer settlement out in the forest or poorer area, just because of what they've got access to. Still plenty of phony medicine, though...

Edit: Oh, also some species of merrow can get really old. Lots definitely don't follow the same maturation or aging patterns of land-dwelling species.
9JujC4r.png9smSRop.png
plague_rune_50x50.png
OOOFR +0OOO
21z9rai.gifl5SWccB.gif
2rTMEfu.png
Check out my adopts at
Infernal Beasts,
my lore-based
Scatterquest,
or my skin shop,
Dracopunk!
Since I'll be posting character sheets soon (within the week, if not sooner), I'm open to drawing some preliminary pictures of what different species or creatures look like upon request! Just if anyone is curious about species they're considering for a character.
Since I'll be posting character sheets soon (within the week, if not sooner), I'm open to drawing some preliminary pictures of what different species or creatures look like upon request! Just if anyone is curious about species they're considering for a character.
9JujC4r.png9smSRop.png
plague_rune_50x50.png
OOOFR +0OOO
21z9rai.gifl5SWccB.gif
2rTMEfu.png
Check out my adopts at
Infernal Beasts,
my lore-based
Scatterquest,
or my skin shop,
Dracopunk!
Maybe a few examples of nymphs or merrows? I think it'd be helpful to have a few examples on hand as reference for the species due to their huge range of possible appearances.
Maybe a few examples of nymphs or merrows? I think it'd be helpful to have a few examples on hand as reference for the species due to their huge range of possible appearances.
tumblr_inline_pi905v48pa1rhxln1_100.png - She/Her
- FR Time
- 20 y/o
- Wishlist
1EVlM.gif FsbHk.gif
^ Ok! I'll draw up a few examples.
^ Ok! I'll draw up a few examples.
9JujC4r.png9smSRop.png
plague_rune_50x50.png
OOOFR +0OOO
21z9rai.gifl5SWccB.gif