Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | 1x1 with CalamityKitty
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 241 242
Aries' eye twitched as Zadkiel spoke, an innate hatred through his veins. How dare he come into their home, talk the big talk about how he, a single man, could protect himself against the fifty or so people who had taken up residence. The disdain showed on his face, and his hands moved to the button of his cloak, removing it to reveal his ordinary clothes, which were simple and plain, but old and bloodstained, hidden originally by his cloak.

"I would like to see you try!" Aries snarled, even though he was clearly in the inferior position. "Aries, please," the boy pleaded, feeling like Aries was asking the questions he already knew the answer to. "That's only what you're saying, and just because you say it doesn't mean it's true. I said a verbal agreement wasn't enough!" The second sentence was aimed at the boy, who only shrugged, but had risen from his feet to get closer. Aries was holding his cloak like it could have been a weapon, ready to strike when Zadkiel backed off. "Nothing else," the boy said before Aries could return to interrogation. "Is there anything you need?"
Aries' eye twitched as Zadkiel spoke, an innate hatred through his veins. How dare he come into their home, talk the big talk about how he, a single man, could protect himself against the fifty or so people who had taken up residence. The disdain showed on his face, and his hands moved to the button of his cloak, removing it to reveal his ordinary clothes, which were simple and plain, but old and bloodstained, hidden originally by his cloak.

"I would like to see you try!" Aries snarled, even though he was clearly in the inferior position. "Aries, please," the boy pleaded, feeling like Aries was asking the questions he already knew the answer to. "That's only what you're saying, and just because you say it doesn't mean it's true. I said a verbal agreement wasn't enough!" The second sentence was aimed at the boy, who only shrugged, but had risen from his feet to get closer. Aries was holding his cloak like it could have been a weapon, ready to strike when Zadkiel backed off. "Nothing else," the boy said before Aries could return to interrogation. "Is there anything you need?"
Zadkiel glanced over his shoulder, showing little if any worry about being attacked. The 6'5" (198 cm) half-divine being quirked a brow, the boy's actions quick to extinguish the burning fuse within Aries' mind. The setting sun cast an interesting contrast of colours across Zeno's face, the piercing blue of his eyes paired with the orange glow spilling in from the window, washing over his face... it was nice lighting on him, to say the least.

"I didn't mean to offend you, Aries," he spoke softly, "however what I say is the truth, whether you believe me or not, the facts remain the same."
He glanced toward the boy now, giving a soft smile that mimicked the softness of his tone, "I do not, thank you, though."
Zadkiel glanced over his shoulder, showing little if any worry about being attacked. The 6'5" (198 cm) half-divine being quirked a brow, the boy's actions quick to extinguish the burning fuse within Aries' mind. The setting sun cast an interesting contrast of colours across Zeno's face, the piercing blue of his eyes paired with the orange glow spilling in from the window, washing over his face... it was nice lighting on him, to say the least.

"I didn't mean to offend you, Aries," he spoke softly, "however what I say is the truth, whether you believe me or not, the facts remain the same."
He glanced toward the boy now, giving a soft smile that mimicked the softness of his tone, "I do not, thank you, though."
iE2j41j.png
panth
any pronoun
twenty-five
roleplayer
+3 hours fr time
Aries only continued to hold his cloak, glaring and gritting his teeth. Just because he had stopped speaking didn't mean that meant that he had accepted Zadkiel's presence. He stayed out in the corner before turning on his heels and leaving the room quickly, still bubbling. The boy had a feeling he'd be having an argument with Aries later.

"Good. Dinner is soon. I will come and collect you myself," the boy decided. He would normally send Aries or one of his other underlings for such a task, but he worried that the opposition to an outsider would become overwhelming. "Please try to be nice to Aries. He's only being touchy because he doesn't like being doubted. He's as loyal as anything." He was mostly saying it to justify the man's behaviour rather than to make the request itself. "Saying that, if he gets on your nerves, nobody will judge you if you hit him." He smiled wryly; it wasn't entirely clear if he was joking or not. "Just don't come crying to me if he makes you regret it."
~ ~ ~

While Zadkiel was settling in, the rest of the family were being followed. A black car, unremarkable, was being driven a few yards behind. The driver had blond hair and a patch over one of his eyes. The other glowed bright green, eerie and unnatural. He was so young he was barely able to see over the dashboard, but he was a calm driver. His passenger was a... Well, it wasn't actually clear what it was, since it acted like a dog but it was made of some sort of oozing material. The driver was unarmed and seemed bored, but he was clearly sent from the mansion Sal had just left. Jaxen's warning was not only taken seriously, but had been anticipated, and the hou had not hesitated to send someone to keep an eye on his new allies.
Aries only continued to hold his cloak, glaring and gritting his teeth. Just because he had stopped speaking didn't mean that meant that he had accepted Zadkiel's presence. He stayed out in the corner before turning on his heels and leaving the room quickly, still bubbling. The boy had a feeling he'd be having an argument with Aries later.

"Good. Dinner is soon. I will come and collect you myself," the boy decided. He would normally send Aries or one of his other underlings for such a task, but he worried that the opposition to an outsider would become overwhelming. "Please try to be nice to Aries. He's only being touchy because he doesn't like being doubted. He's as loyal as anything." He was mostly saying it to justify the man's behaviour rather than to make the request itself. "Saying that, if he gets on your nerves, nobody will judge you if you hit him." He smiled wryly; it wasn't entirely clear if he was joking or not. "Just don't come crying to me if he makes you regret it."
~ ~ ~

While Zadkiel was settling in, the rest of the family were being followed. A black car, unremarkable, was being driven a few yards behind. The driver had blond hair and a patch over one of his eyes. The other glowed bright green, eerie and unnatural. He was so young he was barely able to see over the dashboard, but he was a calm driver. His passenger was a... Well, it wasn't actually clear what it was, since it acted like a dog but it was made of some sort of oozing material. The driver was unarmed and seemed bored, but he was clearly sent from the mansion Sal had just left. Jaxen's warning was not only taken seriously, but had been anticipated, and the hou had not hesitated to send someone to keep an eye on his new allies.
Zadkiel listened to the boy talk and simply chuckled softly at the comment of hitting Aries and possibly regretting it later. The Nephilim didn't want to appear cocky so he simply dismissed the latter comment. "I don't dislike, Aries, I understand where he's coming from," the raven-haired man said after Aries was clear of ear shot, "I'll be here if needed." At that, Zeno turned his attention toward the window, eyes shifting over the darkened shadows cast by the trees withing the back of the mansion. The sun had moved past the canopy now, removing its citrus light from the half-blood's face, leaving behind more shadows.
~~~

Adrian had his face buried within his phone, but was the first one to say anything in regards to the car following theirs. Jaxen glanced lazily back at the car trekking behind them. Sal ignored it, still on the phone with someone important.
"So there is," the eldest brother said, "How long?"
Adrian hummed, "Since we left that mansion."
Nodding the older of the Lozano brother's glanced at his watch, "We should make a pit stop then, see if our new allies are in need of a snack or a potty break."
Adrian smirked, rolling down the sound proof window that separated the driver from him and his family, "Hey Quincey, we need to make a pit stop," he said, gesturing to the car behind them. The driver nodded, acknowledging and soon they pulled off the road into a gas station parking lot.
Jaxen and Adrian exited the car, leaning against the side as they watched for the followers to... well, follow.
Zadkiel listened to the boy talk and simply chuckled softly at the comment of hitting Aries and possibly regretting it later. The Nephilim didn't want to appear cocky so he simply dismissed the latter comment. "I don't dislike, Aries, I understand where he's coming from," the raven-haired man said after Aries was clear of ear shot, "I'll be here if needed." At that, Zeno turned his attention toward the window, eyes shifting over the darkened shadows cast by the trees withing the back of the mansion. The sun had moved past the canopy now, removing its citrus light from the half-blood's face, leaving behind more shadows.
~~~

Adrian had his face buried within his phone, but was the first one to say anything in regards to the car following theirs. Jaxen glanced lazily back at the car trekking behind them. Sal ignored it, still on the phone with someone important.
"So there is," the eldest brother said, "How long?"
Adrian hummed, "Since we left that mansion."
Nodding the older of the Lozano brother's glanced at his watch, "We should make a pit stop then, see if our new allies are in need of a snack or a potty break."
Adrian smirked, rolling down the sound proof window that separated the driver from him and his family, "Hey Quincey, we need to make a pit stop," he said, gesturing to the car behind them. The driver nodded, acknowledging and soon they pulled off the road into a gas station parking lot.
Jaxen and Adrian exited the car, leaning against the side as they watched for the followers to... well, follow.
iE2j41j.png
panth
any pronoun
twenty-five
roleplayer
+3 hours fr time
The boy laughed, too, though his was wispy and almost disappeared as soon as he made the noise. "I'll be... Somewhere. Feel free to approach anyone. Most of them don't bite." This time it didn't sound like a joke. He knew some people would respond to Zadkiel with hostility, and some of them would be more vocal than Aries was. As he noticed the man was focusing more on the window, the boy left, shutting the door behind himself. He wanted to ensure that dinner would be ready soon. There were numerous dining rooms around the mansion, and the boy had decided that Zadkiel would sit among his favourites, rather than with the lower ranks of the gang. After all, he was a leader's brother.
~ ~ ~

The boy's, though he wasn't really a boy, hand had moved towards his passenger, and he appeared to be speaking to it. "Good boy," he cooed. "You're being a good boy in the car." In fact, he was so preoccupied with the monstrosity next to him that he completely missed the fact that those he was following had stopped.

"Oh, sh**." He looked over his options and decided on doing a very illegal and noticeable u-turn, leading to a flurry of beeping horns, and then skidded into the petrol station with another curse. His passenger's slimy tail was wagging like crazy, finding the whole experience rather amusing.

"Okay, act casual. They might not have noticed you," the driver told himself quietly. "Stay," he then ordered his passenger, casually going to fill up his tank. He looked in his pockets for any spare cash, keeping the others in his peripheral vision.
The boy laughed, too, though his was wispy and almost disappeared as soon as he made the noise. "I'll be... Somewhere. Feel free to approach anyone. Most of them don't bite." This time it didn't sound like a joke. He knew some people would respond to Zadkiel with hostility, and some of them would be more vocal than Aries was. As he noticed the man was focusing more on the window, the boy left, shutting the door behind himself. He wanted to ensure that dinner would be ready soon. There were numerous dining rooms around the mansion, and the boy had decided that Zadkiel would sit among his favourites, rather than with the lower ranks of the gang. After all, he was a leader's brother.
~ ~ ~

The boy's, though he wasn't really a boy, hand had moved towards his passenger, and he appeared to be speaking to it. "Good boy," he cooed. "You're being a good boy in the car." In fact, he was so preoccupied with the monstrosity next to him that he completely missed the fact that those he was following had stopped.

"Oh, sh**." He looked over his options and decided on doing a very illegal and noticeable u-turn, leading to a flurry of beeping horns, and then skidded into the petrol station with another curse. His passenger's slimy tail was wagging like crazy, finding the whole experience rather amusing.

"Okay, act casual. They might not have noticed you," the driver told himself quietly. "Stay," he then ordered his passenger, casually going to fill up his tank. He looked in his pockets for any spare cash, keeping the others in his peripheral vision.
After the door was shut behind, Zadkiel turned to look around the room. The emptiness of it was odd, compared to the rest of the mansion which was decorated rather wholly. Of course, he didn't care much, the Nephilim didn't have much need for a personal room or even a bed, as he rarely had to sleep. Of course, the boy didn't know any of this, nor did he need to know. Turing down the room would've been seen in the wrong light. Zadkiel exhaled a breath, moving toward the door to pull it open, glancing around the immediate space in front of him. He fully expected someone... or someones to be stalking him around the mansion. After all he was new, and not from this family. He would be assessed by everyone who gave a damn, tested, perhaps even harassed. He knew this, and was ready for whatever they threw at him. His guard was up, but his demeanor still dropped with the laid back casual posture he often seemed to wear. This gave the illusion that he was... not, paying attention.
~~~

Oh, they noticed. Amused expressions were clearly plastered across both brothers' faces as they watched the illegal maneuver and then the attempt to play it off. Jaxen mouthed something to his brother who laughed audibly as he moved away from the younger. A swagger in his step as he moved toward the one tailing them. He leaned against the car, a crooked smirk on his face, "Need to use the bathroom? Now's the time, we have another two hours ahead of us," he teased as he glanced toward the watch on his wrist, the glancing over the rims of his glasses toward the... dog?
After the door was shut behind, Zadkiel turned to look around the room. The emptiness of it was odd, compared to the rest of the mansion which was decorated rather wholly. Of course, he didn't care much, the Nephilim didn't have much need for a personal room or even a bed, as he rarely had to sleep. Of course, the boy didn't know any of this, nor did he need to know. Turing down the room would've been seen in the wrong light. Zadkiel exhaled a breath, moving toward the door to pull it open, glancing around the immediate space in front of him. He fully expected someone... or someones to be stalking him around the mansion. After all he was new, and not from this family. He would be assessed by everyone who gave a damn, tested, perhaps even harassed. He knew this, and was ready for whatever they threw at him. His guard was up, but his demeanor still dropped with the laid back casual posture he often seemed to wear. This gave the illusion that he was... not, paying attention.
~~~

Oh, they noticed. Amused expressions were clearly plastered across both brothers' faces as they watched the illegal maneuver and then the attempt to play it off. Jaxen mouthed something to his brother who laughed audibly as he moved away from the younger. A swagger in his step as he moved toward the one tailing them. He leaned against the car, a crooked smirk on his face, "Need to use the bathroom? Now's the time, we have another two hours ahead of us," he teased as he glanced toward the watch on his wrist, the glancing over the rims of his glasses toward the... dog?
iE2j41j.png
panth
any pronoun
twenty-five
roleplayer
+3 hours fr time
((I'll come back for Zadkiel for dinner, if you don't mind, just don't want them to be going to bed while these guys are still enjoying the highway.))

"Oh, err, no, thanks, I'm good." He was well aware he was caught, his uncovered eye looking at Jaxen with a level of wariness which was undoubtably healthy in this situation. "Please get off my car." He might have been polite, but his passenger wasn't, and it jumped at the window as Jaxon leant on it, snapping its black teeth, that shone in the sunlight and only further emphasised that it wasn't really a dog. "So... How do I rate out of ten?" he joked, trying to force his breathing to slow down. "I'm guessing I don't get a ten for tailing. Maybe a three for trying?" He had a feeling he was either going to regret this really fast or be sent in the other direction.
((I'll come back for Zadkiel for dinner, if you don't mind, just don't want them to be going to bed while these guys are still enjoying the highway.))

"Oh, err, no, thanks, I'm good." He was well aware he was caught, his uncovered eye looking at Jaxen with a level of wariness which was undoubtably healthy in this situation. "Please get off my car." He might have been polite, but his passenger wasn't, and it jumped at the window as Jaxon leant on it, snapping its black teeth, that shone in the sunlight and only further emphasised that it wasn't really a dog. "So... How do I rate out of ten?" he joked, trying to force his breathing to slow down. "I'm guessing I don't get a ten for tailing. Maybe a three for trying?" He had a feeling he was either going to regret this really fast or be sent in the other direction.
((All good!))

Jaxen exhaled a grunt, but didn't show any real fear beyond the immediate jolt of surprise. He simply stood up and eyed the creature within the seat before turning to the subject of his current conversation. When the questions were asked he chuckled and gestured toward Adrian who was still leaning against their own car, watching from a far. An amused expression was on his face, but it was clear he was watching his brother's back more than enjoying the sunset. Jaxen then spoke, "My brother noticed you without even glancing up from his phone... a word of advice, when tailing, keep a car between you and your target if possible, otherwise hang back as far as you can."

Adrian decided to join the party now, pushing himself off the side of the vehicle and swaggering toward his brother and their stalker, "So," he chirped merrily, "Sent to keep an eye on us big scary bad guys huh?" he teased as he leaned against his brother who's face dropped slightly.
((All good!))

Jaxen exhaled a grunt, but didn't show any real fear beyond the immediate jolt of surprise. He simply stood up and eyed the creature within the seat before turning to the subject of his current conversation. When the questions were asked he chuckled and gestured toward Adrian who was still leaning against their own car, watching from a far. An amused expression was on his face, but it was clear he was watching his brother's back more than enjoying the sunset. Jaxen then spoke, "My brother noticed you without even glancing up from his phone... a word of advice, when tailing, keep a car between you and your target if possible, otherwise hang back as far as you can."

Adrian decided to join the party now, pushing himself off the side of the vehicle and swaggering toward his brother and their stalker, "So," he chirped merrily, "Sent to keep an eye on us big scary bad guys huh?" he teased as he leaned against his brother who's face dropped slightly.
iE2j41j.png
panth
any pronoun
twenty-five
roleplayer
+3 hours fr time
"I’ll remember that. Thanks. Next time you won’t see me." It wasn’t a taunt, but a genuine consideration. He could tell his passenger didn’t like the strangers from the guttural noises it was making, so he took the effort to lock the car. He doubted it had figured out doors, but he certainly wasn’t risking it.

"Not at all," he smiled. "I mean, I for one don’t find you big, scary or bad." This time it was a bit more teasing. He finally found his wallet, tipping the coins out into his hand and counting them. His boss may have been broke but the number of bills he had showed he clearly wasn’t, even if he was being tight by refusing to use the bills themselves. "Probably why I was sent."

He left them in awkward silence for a few minutes before deciding, "I will grab myself a snack actually. Anybody want anything while I’m there?" He was already there, after all, so it wasn’t exactly like he was going out of his way.
"I’ll remember that. Thanks. Next time you won’t see me." It wasn’t a taunt, but a genuine consideration. He could tell his passenger didn’t like the strangers from the guttural noises it was making, so he took the effort to lock the car. He doubted it had figured out doors, but he certainly wasn’t risking it.

"Not at all," he smiled. "I mean, I for one don’t find you big, scary or bad." This time it was a bit more teasing. He finally found his wallet, tipping the coins out into his hand and counting them. His boss may have been broke but the number of bills he had showed he clearly wasn’t, even if he was being tight by refusing to use the bills themselves. "Probably why I was sent."

He left them in awkward silence for a few minutes before deciding, "I will grab myself a snack actually. Anybody want anything while I’m there?" He was already there, after all, so it wasn’t exactly like he was going out of his way.
Jaxen shook his head as he shoved the younger Lozano off his shoulder. This simply earned an evil cackle from Adrian who threw a crumpled up ball of paper at his brother's head before darting off back toward the car. Jaxen managed to dodge it and picked it up off the ground, quickly retaliating by aiming for the back of Adrian's head. The paper ball bounced off the punkish kid as he laughed and ducked into the car. The faint bark of Ansaldo could be heard before the door closed.

"Damn brat," Jaxen mumbled under his breath before glancing toward their follower, "no, we're fine... however I'm going to assume you'll be following us the rest of the way?"
Jaxen shook his head as he shoved the younger Lozano off his shoulder. This simply earned an evil cackle from Adrian who threw a crumpled up ball of paper at his brother's head before darting off back toward the car. Jaxen managed to dodge it and picked it up off the ground, quickly retaliating by aiming for the back of Adrian's head. The paper ball bounced off the punkish kid as he laughed and ducked into the car. The faint bark of Ansaldo could be heard before the door closed.

"Damn brat," Jaxen mumbled under his breath before glancing toward their follower, "no, we're fine... however I'm going to assume you'll be following us the rest of the way?"
iE2j41j.png
panth
any pronoun
twenty-five
roleplayer
+3 hours fr time
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 241 242