Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | 1x1 with CalamityKitty
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 241 242
The man only watched them and their antics with a sigh before moving towards the door to the little shop. "Naturally," he responded. "No need to be discreet now, either." He hadn't really been discreet in the first place, but he merely shrugged that thought off as he went inside to grab himself some chocolate and to pay for the petrol. He was unable to fathom how the pair could be so concerning to his boss, but he didn't say anything of it. He was still unarmed, and they weren't going to be stopping anywhere where he could buy a weapon, so he didn't want to overstep his bounds.
The man only watched them and their antics with a sigh before moving towards the door to the little shop. "Naturally," he responded. "No need to be discreet now, either." He hadn't really been discreet in the first place, but he merely shrugged that thought off as he went inside to grab himself some chocolate and to pay for the petrol. He was unable to fathom how the pair could be so concerning to his boss, but he didn't say anything of it. He was still unarmed, and they weren't going to be stopping anywhere where he could buy a weapon, so he didn't want to overstep his bounds.
Jaxen huffed and gave a halfhearted wave before trekking back to his car. He slid into his seat and eyes the stalker through the black tinted windows. By now, his father had gotten off the phone and was giving the brothers a quizzical, yet slightly dirty look. The brothers exchanged glances before Jaxen straightened his posture and said, "He's from the mansion, I think it's only fair he join us since Zeno is there."

Sal remained silent, nodding toward his oldest, allowing the man to make the decision. After all, it wouldn't be long before Jaxen and his brother took over operations entirely. Ansaldo had been grooming the boys to be fitting heirs for a while now, this was a good test for them.
Jaxen huffed and gave a halfhearted wave before trekking back to his car. He slid into his seat and eyes the stalker through the black tinted windows. By now, his father had gotten off the phone and was giving the brothers a quizzical, yet slightly dirty look. The brothers exchanged glances before Jaxen straightened his posture and said, "He's from the mansion, I think it's only fair he join us since Zeno is there."

Sal remained silent, nodding toward his oldest, allowing the man to make the decision. After all, it wouldn't be long before Jaxen and his brother took over operations entirely. Ansaldo had been grooming the boys to be fitting heirs for a while now, this was a good test for them.
iE2j41j.png
panth
any pronoun
twenty-five
roleplayer
+3 hours fr time
The man paid for his chocolate, going back to his car. He didn't seem to pay the others any attention, but he was still cautious getting back into the car and took no time to prepare to follow them. Realistically, he knew the way back to the mansion, but this way he was at least keeping an eye if they decided to take a stop. His engine revved and he stalled for a moment, but then he tried again to follow.
The man paid for his chocolate, going back to his car. He didn't seem to pay the others any attention, but he was still cautious getting back into the car and took no time to prepare to follow them. Realistically, he knew the way back to the mansion, but this way he was at least keeping an eye if they decided to take a stop. His engine revved and he stalled for a moment, but then he tried again to follow.
The car pulled back into traffic which was slowly beginning to thin. The initial rush, as people got out of school and work and headed home for the evening, faded. Now only a few cars shared the street with the Lozanos and their stalker. Adrian had popped in some earbuds, listening to music as he cast his eyes out the window. The trees were beginning to thin much like the traffic, only to be replaced with houses, that morphed into larger apartment complexes, until they were fully engulfed within the city they boys resided in.
~~~

Meanwhile, Zadkiel had emerged from his room to explore the mansion like he'd been given permission to do so. He wasn't nosy, per se, merely bored. He wasn't used to being in this kind of situation. Normally the Nephilim would be out on a mission or keeping the Lozanos' underlings in check. When he wasn't working with his family, he'd be off doing something more... interesting,

Nevertheless, the raven haired man exhaled a long breath as he meandered along. His sapphire gaze shifted from this to that, studying the family portraits decoration the walls, to the statues that filled empty spaces and softened corners. He was used to a tall building within the city, with a mixture of elegant and modern architecture and interior design. Being in a dated home such as this was rather... refreshing in a way. It was certainly quieter than the city.
The car pulled back into traffic which was slowly beginning to thin. The initial rush, as people got out of school and work and headed home for the evening, faded. Now only a few cars shared the street with the Lozanos and their stalker. Adrian had popped in some earbuds, listening to music as he cast his eyes out the window. The trees were beginning to thin much like the traffic, only to be replaced with houses, that morphed into larger apartment complexes, until they were fully engulfed within the city they boys resided in.
~~~

Meanwhile, Zadkiel had emerged from his room to explore the mansion like he'd been given permission to do so. He wasn't nosy, per se, merely bored. He wasn't used to being in this kind of situation. Normally the Nephilim would be out on a mission or keeping the Lozanos' underlings in check. When he wasn't working with his family, he'd be off doing something more... interesting,

Nevertheless, the raven haired man exhaled a long breath as he meandered along. His sapphire gaze shifted from this to that, studying the family portraits decoration the walls, to the statues that filled empty spaces and softened corners. He was used to a tall building within the city, with a mixture of elegant and modern architecture and interior design. Being in a dated home such as this was rather... refreshing in a way. It was certainly quieter than the city.
iE2j41j.png
panth
any pronoun
twenty-five
roleplayer
+3 hours fr time
Their follower honestly felt rather anxious with all the noise and buildings everywhere, much preferring the wide open forests that surrounded their home. "We're strangers to this world," he told the passenger. "So don't you dare show me up like you did at that garage, or I'll send you back where you came from." The city seemed some place where you would be easily lost; even though every street was different there was so much repetition he felt anxious. The same Starbucks, the same subway, the same high rise. "These people are fools, wanting to live here."
~ ~ ~

The corridors themselves were quiet, but the rooms were loud. A woman walked past with her head in a book, followed eagerly by a young boy holding a very unfriendly-looking Jack Russell. "Why can't I keep it?" he was complaining as she turned around to snap at him, feet still going straight into Zadkiel. Her book clattered to the floor, the pages flipping in the momentum. "Aaron!" she complained, but the boy had already taken off. He had noticed Zadkiel long before she had.

"I'm sorry," she fussed, picking her book up. "Are you hurt?" It was an odd question considering their relative sizes; although tall for a woman she was extremely thin, almost ill-looking. She gave him a once over with her gaze, but there didn't seem to be any judgment in it, just a flash of recognition. "You must be Za- Za... Zachary... No, that's not right... Zadkiel? Aries told me about you."

What Aries had said wasn't very clear. She didn't give him much time to think about it.

"Well, like I said, I'm sorry, I'm easily distracted. I am constantly being told not to read and walk at the same time, you won't believe how often this happens." She laughed awkwardly, but she didn't seem intimidated. "I bet you're going to be hungry soon, right? I'm pretty sure Matthew wanted you to eat with him. Want me to show you where we eat?"
Their follower honestly felt rather anxious with all the noise and buildings everywhere, much preferring the wide open forests that surrounded their home. "We're strangers to this world," he told the passenger. "So don't you dare show me up like you did at that garage, or I'll send you back where you came from." The city seemed some place where you would be easily lost; even though every street was different there was so much repetition he felt anxious. The same Starbucks, the same subway, the same high rise. "These people are fools, wanting to live here."
~ ~ ~

The corridors themselves were quiet, but the rooms were loud. A woman walked past with her head in a book, followed eagerly by a young boy holding a very unfriendly-looking Jack Russell. "Why can't I keep it?" he was complaining as she turned around to snap at him, feet still going straight into Zadkiel. Her book clattered to the floor, the pages flipping in the momentum. "Aaron!" she complained, but the boy had already taken off. He had noticed Zadkiel long before she had.

"I'm sorry," she fussed, picking her book up. "Are you hurt?" It was an odd question considering their relative sizes; although tall for a woman she was extremely thin, almost ill-looking. She gave him a once over with her gaze, but there didn't seem to be any judgment in it, just a flash of recognition. "You must be Za- Za... Zachary... No, that's not right... Zadkiel? Aries told me about you."

What Aries had said wasn't very clear. She didn't give him much time to think about it.

"Well, like I said, I'm sorry, I'm easily distracted. I am constantly being told not to read and walk at the same time, you won't believe how often this happens." She laughed awkwardly, but she didn't seem intimidated. "I bet you're going to be hungry soon, right? I'm pretty sure Matthew wanted you to eat with him. Want me to show you where we eat?"
The building they headed for was unmarked, except for the address on the front doors, 548 East Elm Street. The car pulled to a stop and a man who had been standing patiently by the front door moved to open the back passenger door of the car. Ansaldo exited first, followed by Jaxen, Adrian, and then the three body guards that had accompanied the trio. Ansaldo exchanged some friendly words with the doorman before entering the building, Claudia following him. Jaxen and Adrian's stood outside, eyeing the passing cars for the man from the mansion. Adrian held a lax posture while Jaxen appeared more stiff and upright.
~~~

Zadkiel had been lost in thought, staring at one of the many decorative pieces when a boy's slightly whining tone pulled him back to reality. He turned just in time to collide with a woman, her face pressing into his chest as a book clattered to the floor. The boy scurrying around the corner before he could be bark at anymore than he already was. The Nephilim's arms came out instinctively on either side of her, ready to catch her should she fall. However they dropped fairly quickly once she started talking, seemingly to be okay.

"I'm sorry, are you hurt?" she'd asked. This earned a furrowed expression from the taller figure as he simply shook his head.
Aries had told her about him, no surprise. He was sure the whole building was aware of his existence by now, and most likely an opinion that leaned more on the negative end of the spectrum loomed over his arrival thanks to the man. Aries didn't seem to care much for Zeno... perhaps if they got to know one another. After all, Zeno didn't view himself as a bad guy...
He'd zoned out a bit again, only tuning back into what the woman was saying at the very end of her small monologue.

"Uh, sure, thank you," he murmured in reply.
The building they headed for was unmarked, except for the address on the front doors, 548 East Elm Street. The car pulled to a stop and a man who had been standing patiently by the front door moved to open the back passenger door of the car. Ansaldo exited first, followed by Jaxen, Adrian, and then the three body guards that had accompanied the trio. Ansaldo exchanged some friendly words with the doorman before entering the building, Claudia following him. Jaxen and Adrian's stood outside, eyeing the passing cars for the man from the mansion. Adrian held a lax posture while Jaxen appeared more stiff and upright.
~~~

Zadkiel had been lost in thought, staring at one of the many decorative pieces when a boy's slightly whining tone pulled him back to reality. He turned just in time to collide with a woman, her face pressing into his chest as a book clattered to the floor. The boy scurrying around the corner before he could be bark at anymore than he already was. The Nephilim's arms came out instinctively on either side of her, ready to catch her should she fall. However they dropped fairly quickly once she started talking, seemingly to be okay.

"I'm sorry, are you hurt?" she'd asked. This earned a furrowed expression from the taller figure as he simply shook his head.
Aries had told her about him, no surprise. He was sure the whole building was aware of his existence by now, and most likely an opinion that leaned more on the negative end of the spectrum loomed over his arrival thanks to the man. Aries didn't seem to care much for Zeno... perhaps if they got to know one another. After all, Zeno didn't view himself as a bad guy...
He'd zoned out a bit again, only tuning back into what the woman was saying at the very end of her small monologue.

"Uh, sure, thank you," he murmured in reply.
iE2j41j.png
panth
any pronoun
twenty-five
roleplayer
+3 hours fr time
The stranger didn't seem to be all that good a driver. He completely zoned out of them pulling over (again!). Rather than cause another accident, however, he decided to act like that was his plan all along, pulling up a few houses in front. He picked up the abomination that had been travelling with him, and it curled around his neck like a snake. Its entire form seemed to change for convenience's sake, and it dripped oily black liquid onto the pavement. He didn't expect to be welcomed in, but the two brothers appeared to be waiting for him, leading to him audibly sighing. That meant he wasn't going to have a choice. "Be good now," he reminded the thing before going up to them, forcing a lopsided grin. "It's like you wanted to lose me." He had to admit, their place was a lot more discreet than a massive mansion in the middle of the woods.
~ ~ ~

"Great!" she said brightly. If Aries had tried to get her to hate Zadkiel he had clearly failed. She made sure to walk at his pace, not storm ahead, tucking the book underneath her arms. "Well, we've actually got two dining rooms. One is like a big mess hall for everybody, but there's the smaller, more private one. That's the one that us guys eat in, at least when we've got guests! Or when one of us is at risk of assassination. Not that you'd notice, you should see Jamie. You know he's gone out to follow your family without as much as a knife? I do hope they don't hurt him, he can annoy me but he's a nice guy, really..."

Her worry passed easily, though. "Anyway, where was I up to? Oh, yes, dining. So normally it's Matthew, Aries, Jamie and I, but you're stealing Jamie's seat, at least for today. And Matthew's parents, of course, but they're not here anyway. It's quiet in there, and it's got a nice terrace overlooking the garden." She showed him the room, opening the door.

The room was painted a pale green, but not a sickly shade. The art on the walls poured with foreign landscapes: Venice's canals, and sunsets on pure white beaches, and the Paris skyline. The table itself was small and modern, the chairs decorated with velvet, and the cloth pressed and pristine. "You can sit wherever you like!" She seemed very happy about something. Maybe a bit too happy.
The stranger didn't seem to be all that good a driver. He completely zoned out of them pulling over (again!). Rather than cause another accident, however, he decided to act like that was his plan all along, pulling up a few houses in front. He picked up the abomination that had been travelling with him, and it curled around his neck like a snake. Its entire form seemed to change for convenience's sake, and it dripped oily black liquid onto the pavement. He didn't expect to be welcomed in, but the two brothers appeared to be waiting for him, leading to him audibly sighing. That meant he wasn't going to have a choice. "Be good now," he reminded the thing before going up to them, forcing a lopsided grin. "It's like you wanted to lose me." He had to admit, their place was a lot more discreet than a massive mansion in the middle of the woods.
~ ~ ~

"Great!" she said brightly. If Aries had tried to get her to hate Zadkiel he had clearly failed. She made sure to walk at his pace, not storm ahead, tucking the book underneath her arms. "Well, we've actually got two dining rooms. One is like a big mess hall for everybody, but there's the smaller, more private one. That's the one that us guys eat in, at least when we've got guests! Or when one of us is at risk of assassination. Not that you'd notice, you should see Jamie. You know he's gone out to follow your family without as much as a knife? I do hope they don't hurt him, he can annoy me but he's a nice guy, really..."

Her worry passed easily, though. "Anyway, where was I up to? Oh, yes, dining. So normally it's Matthew, Aries, Jamie and I, but you're stealing Jamie's seat, at least for today. And Matthew's parents, of course, but they're not here anyway. It's quiet in there, and it's got a nice terrace overlooking the garden." She showed him the room, opening the door.

The room was painted a pale green, but not a sickly shade. The art on the walls poured with foreign landscapes: Venice's canals, and sunsets on pure white beaches, and the Paris skyline. The table itself was small and modern, the chairs decorated with velvet, and the cloth pressed and pristine. "You can sit wherever you like!" She seemed very happy about something. Maybe a bit too happy.
Jaxen hummed before turning to lead the man inside, Adrian following behind the two of them with a bored expression. Jaxen moved through the doors which were opened by the doormen before beginning to talk, "This is the Lozano building, my family has owned it for 3 generations, my brother and I will be the 4th. It's 30 stories, the top 5 and the rooftop garden are off limits to anyone but our direct family. You need a key card to even make the elevator work. The first 20 floors are business related. Floors 21 through 24 are guest spaces. The basement is storage, but there's also a shooting ranged down there," he stopped at the elevator, turning to face the man with a stoic expression, "Any questions?"
~~~

Zadkiel furrowed his brows a bit more, "They won't hurt him, I assure you. Only if he were to start something," he replied nonchalantly as he followed behind the rather chipper woman. It didn't seem to take them long to reach the dining room with how much she was talking. The door opened to reveal a rather nice space, the man moving inside with his hands stuffed into his pockets. He didn't move to sit yet, as he looked toward the woman who happily exclaimed he could sit anywhere.

Exhaling he moved to sit, but he didn't allow himself to get comfortable as he stared toward his hands folded neatly within his lap.
Jaxen hummed before turning to lead the man inside, Adrian following behind the two of them with a bored expression. Jaxen moved through the doors which were opened by the doormen before beginning to talk, "This is the Lozano building, my family has owned it for 3 generations, my brother and I will be the 4th. It's 30 stories, the top 5 and the rooftop garden are off limits to anyone but our direct family. You need a key card to even make the elevator work. The first 20 floors are business related. Floors 21 through 24 are guest spaces. The basement is storage, but there's also a shooting ranged down there," he stopped at the elevator, turning to face the man with a stoic expression, "Any questions?"
~~~

Zadkiel furrowed his brows a bit more, "They won't hurt him, I assure you. Only if he were to start something," he replied nonchalantly as he followed behind the rather chipper woman. It didn't seem to take them long to reach the dining room with how much she was talking. The door opened to reveal a rather nice space, the man moving inside with his hands stuffed into his pockets. He didn't move to sit yet, as he looked toward the woman who happily exclaimed he could sit anywhere.

Exhaling he moved to sit, but he didn't allow himself to get comfortable as he stared toward his hands folded neatly within his lap.
iE2j41j.png
panth
any pronoun
twenty-five
roleplayer
+3 hours fr time
"Um... No?" He wasn't the smartest tool in the shed, and it was pretty clear a large majority of what Jaxon had said had gone right over his head. He had a lot of questions, but a good few of them would've been answered merely by him listening the first time. "Maybe?" he decided to change his answer after a few moments. He didn't want to admit he hadn't entirely been listening, though, so he also opted not to ask anything at all. The creature he had brought in reached towards Jaxon until the man slapped it away. "Are you twins?" he decided to ask after a little while, since it seemed better than asking nothing at all.
~ ~ ~

"I'm not worried, then, he's as harmless as a fly," she decided. She watched him consider where to sit, flopping into her usual seat with a small laugh. "You've actually picked Aries' favourite," she told him quietly, seeming very amused. "I dare you to stay there, it'll drive him nuts."

She helped herself to a glass of red wine, taking a sip and glancing around the room. "How are you settling in? Do you know how long you're going to be here for?" She moved some of her hair out of her face, adjusting herself on her seat so that she was more comfortable. "Oh! If you don't mind me asking, what's your place like? I hear it's in some big city."
"Um... No?" He wasn't the smartest tool in the shed, and it was pretty clear a large majority of what Jaxon had said had gone right over his head. He had a lot of questions, but a good few of them would've been answered merely by him listening the first time. "Maybe?" he decided to change his answer after a few moments. He didn't want to admit he hadn't entirely been listening, though, so he also opted not to ask anything at all. The creature he had brought in reached towards Jaxon until the man slapped it away. "Are you twins?" he decided to ask after a little while, since it seemed better than asking nothing at all.
~ ~ ~

"I'm not worried, then, he's as harmless as a fly," she decided. She watched him consider where to sit, flopping into her usual seat with a small laugh. "You've actually picked Aries' favourite," she told him quietly, seeming very amused. "I dare you to stay there, it'll drive him nuts."

She helped herself to a glass of red wine, taking a sip and glancing around the room. "How are you settling in? Do you know how long you're going to be here for?" She moved some of her hair out of her face, adjusting herself on her seat so that she was more comfortable. "Oh! If you don't mind me asking, what's your place like? I hear it's in some big city."
Adrian exhaled a not so subtle groan when the man seemed rather clueless, as if he hadn't listened at all. Jaxen nudged his brother in a halfassed attempt to rein in the boy's attitude. A "Maybe?" caught both brothers' attentions however as they looked toward the man with the goopy creatures around his neck, curiously awaiting said potential question. "Are you twins?"

Jaxen cocked his head to the side, not at all expecting that to be asked, "No, I-"
"Jax is older than me by two years. I'm 19, he's 21," Adrian had cut his brother off, earning an even more exaggerated expression of bewilderment from the older of the Lozanos.

"But... I got a question for you," Adrian said continuing, "Why would they send someone so... incompetent to follow us? No offense," he tacked on a crooked grin. Adrian wasn't known for his sugar coating or his empathy.
~~~

Aries' favourite huh? He pondered it. If anything he'd stay here until the inevitable confrontation between them played out. He didn't dislike Aries, so he didn't see a point in further wandering onto the man's bad side. Zadkiel did exhale a huff of a laugh, a small smile gracing his features as he looked up through the feathery hair that veiled half his vision, "Maybe," he mused playfully as he leaned back within the chair.

"I'll be here until told otherwise, but I can come and go as I please. One of the perks of being me, you won't even know when I'm gone," he smirked before continuing, "Approximately 2 hours from here, yes. My brother owns a 30-story office building near the heart of the city. I have an apartment in the 25th floor, but I'm more of a nomadic type myself," he stated sincerely.
Adrian exhaled a not so subtle groan when the man seemed rather clueless, as if he hadn't listened at all. Jaxen nudged his brother in a halfassed attempt to rein in the boy's attitude. A "Maybe?" caught both brothers' attentions however as they looked toward the man with the goopy creatures around his neck, curiously awaiting said potential question. "Are you twins?"

Jaxen cocked his head to the side, not at all expecting that to be asked, "No, I-"
"Jax is older than me by two years. I'm 19, he's 21," Adrian had cut his brother off, earning an even more exaggerated expression of bewilderment from the older of the Lozanos.

"But... I got a question for you," Adrian said continuing, "Why would they send someone so... incompetent to follow us? No offense," he tacked on a crooked grin. Adrian wasn't known for his sugar coating or his empathy.
~~~

Aries' favourite huh? He pondered it. If anything he'd stay here until the inevitable confrontation between them played out. He didn't dislike Aries, so he didn't see a point in further wandering onto the man's bad side. Zadkiel did exhale a huff of a laugh, a small smile gracing his features as he looked up through the feathery hair that veiled half his vision, "Maybe," he mused playfully as he leaned back within the chair.

"I'll be here until told otherwise, but I can come and go as I please. One of the perks of being me, you won't even know when I'm gone," he smirked before continuing, "Approximately 2 hours from here, yes. My brother owns a 30-story office building near the heart of the city. I have an apartment in the 25th floor, but I'm more of a nomadic type myself," he stated sincerely.
iE2j41j.png
panth
any pronoun
twenty-five
roleplayer
+3 hours fr time
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 241 242