Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | 1x1 with CalamityKitty
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 241 242
Jamie hadn't expected for them to just barge into the woman's office, and shook his head slightly and awkwardly to himself. He stared at the floor as the woman flipped through her papers, only glancing up upon hearing his name. "Um. Hi. Like she said, I'm Jamie. Just Jamie." He awkwardly outstretched his arm, only for his pet to take it as a sign and jump and swing across it, similarly to a monkey. He decided to just not shake her hand at all, lowering his arm and letting the creature fall to the floor to nosy around the office. "I guess I am." He didn't really count himself as family, but he was important enough, he supposed.
~ ~ ~

"All you did was traumatise him by killing the guy in front of him," Aries snapped back. He half didn't want to follow Matthew just because Zadkiel had told him to do it in the first place. He decided he'd have to anyway, and followed after him, protectively draping an arm over the boy's shoulder, giving Zadkiel one last dagger-like glare before moving on.

Word had spread quickly through the mansion about what had happened, with mixed reviews. Zadkiel got some dirty looks on the way back, but there were a few people who seemed a bit more respectful. The child from earlier, Aaron, had even left "his" Jack Russell in Zadkiel's room. It was probably a gift, but it was also chewing the pillows.
Jamie hadn't expected for them to just barge into the woman's office, and shook his head slightly and awkwardly to himself. He stared at the floor as the woman flipped through her papers, only glancing up upon hearing his name. "Um. Hi. Like she said, I'm Jamie. Just Jamie." He awkwardly outstretched his arm, only for his pet to take it as a sign and jump and swing across it, similarly to a monkey. He decided to just not shake her hand at all, lowering his arm and letting the creature fall to the floor to nosy around the office. "I guess I am." He didn't really count himself as family, but he was important enough, he supposed.
~ ~ ~

"All you did was traumatise him by killing the guy in front of him," Aries snapped back. He half didn't want to follow Matthew just because Zadkiel had told him to do it in the first place. He decided he'd have to anyway, and followed after him, protectively draping an arm over the boy's shoulder, giving Zadkiel one last dagger-like glare before moving on.

Word had spread quickly through the mansion about what had happened, with mixed reviews. Zadkiel got some dirty looks on the way back, but there were a few people who seemed a bit more respectful. The child from earlier, Aaron, had even left "his" Jack Russell in Zadkiel's room. It was probably a gift, but it was also chewing the pillows.
"Oh sweety, stop," Rosa chirped as she looked at the creature, "You're part of the family now whether you like it or not, but... I have to ask," she pointed toward the blob on the floor, "What is that?"
~~~

Zeno kept walking, he ignored what Aries had to say... but he did in fact hear him loud and clear. He felt terrible. Had he just completely botched this whole thing? Had he just ruined the new alliance? The Nephilim knew he wasn't cut out for this type of set up, but his brother had insisted he do it...

Zeno opened the door, immediately greeted by a puff of feathers exiting the room. A bewildered look plastered upon his face as he looked down, around himself as white down feathers that usually existed inside pillows or large comforter blankets floated aimlessly through the air.

"What the hell?" he'd murmured to himself as he poked his head into the room seeing the Jack Russell that the boy from earlier had been carrying, "... why are you in here?" The half-blood moved to pick up the door, pulling the dismembered pillow from its jaws, "This isn't something you're supposed to be eating tiny dog."
"Oh sweety, stop," Rosa chirped as she looked at the creature, "You're part of the family now whether you like it or not, but... I have to ask," she pointed toward the blob on the floor, "What is that?"
~~~

Zeno kept walking, he ignored what Aries had to say... but he did in fact hear him loud and clear. He felt terrible. Had he just completely botched this whole thing? Had he just ruined the new alliance? The Nephilim knew he wasn't cut out for this type of set up, but his brother had insisted he do it...

Zeno opened the door, immediately greeted by a puff of feathers exiting the room. A bewildered look plastered upon his face as he looked down, around himself as white down feathers that usually existed inside pillows or large comforter blankets floated aimlessly through the air.

"What the hell?" he'd murmured to himself as he poked his head into the room seeing the Jack Russell that the boy from earlier had been carrying, "... why are you in here?" The half-blood moved to pick up the door, pulling the dismembered pillow from its jaws, "This isn't something you're supposed to be eating tiny dog."
iE2j41j.png
panth
any pronoun
twenty-five
roleplayer
+3 hours fr time
"Uh..." Jamie was not entirely sure how to explain what it was. "It's me. But also not me. I mean, it's got my blood in it, but it's mostly made out of... Well, a mix of stuff. Rubber and oil, mostly. I get bored sometimes. I decided to build a dog. Echo enchanted it for me and it's... Sentient." He flushed, not knowing how to explain he'd accidentally built a shapeshifter. "Sometimes it disappears on me. Maybe I can convince it to go. If you want. It shapeshifts, too, but I have no idea how or why... I bet Echo's done that just to mess with me. Oh, well."
~ ~ ~

The dog wagged its tail eagerly, as if to say, Look! I have destroyed your enemies, the soft things! A feather still poked out of its mouth. A makeshift collar, made up of a ribbon and a piece of paper, lay around its neck, and the boy had written, 'You can play with my dog for looking after Matthew. His name is Socks'. It was all a good intention, but the animal shouldn't have been left unattended. At least he hadn't needed to do his business. But frankly, Zeno's room was ruined, and Matthew didn't seem to be in a state to be dealing with it.
"Uh..." Jamie was not entirely sure how to explain what it was. "It's me. But also not me. I mean, it's got my blood in it, but it's mostly made out of... Well, a mix of stuff. Rubber and oil, mostly. I get bored sometimes. I decided to build a dog. Echo enchanted it for me and it's... Sentient." He flushed, not knowing how to explain he'd accidentally built a shapeshifter. "Sometimes it disappears on me. Maybe I can convince it to go. If you want. It shapeshifts, too, but I have no idea how or why... I bet Echo's done that just to mess with me. Oh, well."
~ ~ ~

The dog wagged its tail eagerly, as if to say, Look! I have destroyed your enemies, the soft things! A feather still poked out of its mouth. A makeshift collar, made up of a ribbon and a piece of paper, lay around its neck, and the boy had written, 'You can play with my dog for looking after Matthew. His name is Socks'. It was all a good intention, but the animal shouldn't have been left unattended. At least he hadn't needed to do his business. But frankly, Zeno's room was ruined, and Matthew didn't seem to be in a state to be dealing with it.
Rosa hummed, "That's fantastic!" she beamed, "Absolutely incredible! I'm not well versed in any magic myself. My family is human, aside from Ansaldo's half brother."
Vera chimed in again, "We should continue the tour, but he was curious about the business, so here we are!"
"Oh! Was there anything specific you wanted to know?" Rosa asked with a genuine smile as she leaned against her desk.
~~~

"Well, Sock," Zadkiel murmured, "I suppose we should go hunt down your owner, then I need to clean your mess."

The Nephilim, carried the dog out of the room and down the corridor, looking around for anyone who could direct him toward Aaron. The dog continued to wiggle happily, occasionally trying to lick or eat something they walked past. Zadkiel wondered if the dog was part goat, with a stomach like iron, because damn...
Rosa hummed, "That's fantastic!" she beamed, "Absolutely incredible! I'm not well versed in any magic myself. My family is human, aside from Ansaldo's half brother."
Vera chimed in again, "We should continue the tour, but he was curious about the business, so here we are!"
"Oh! Was there anything specific you wanted to know?" Rosa asked with a genuine smile as she leaned against her desk.
~~~

"Well, Sock," Zadkiel murmured, "I suppose we should go hunt down your owner, then I need to clean your mess."

The Nephilim, carried the dog out of the room and down the corridor, looking around for anyone who could direct him toward Aaron. The dog continued to wiggle happily, occasionally trying to lick or eat something they walked past. Zadkiel wondered if the dog was part goat, with a stomach like iron, because damn...
iE2j41j.png
panth
any pronoun
twenty-five
roleplayer
+3 hours fr time
"Oh, um, Echo is our main magic person, but, well, she kind of only uses it for trivial stuff now... Nothing to do with fighting and stuff," Jamie explained. When she asked him if he wanted to know anything specific, he again had many questions, but he doubted he'd retain all the answers. "No, but it was lovely to meet you," he said politely. It was genuine, too. In fact, Jamie considered that he could just report on this side of the business, and not deal with the illegal half.
~ ~ ~

He didn't need to find someone, since Aaron found Zadkiel. "What's wrong?" he asked, staring up at the man with a slight frown at the sight of him holding the puppy. He automatically knew there was something wrong, since why else would he not let the animal run around? "Socks, what did you do? You're going to get me in trouble, and then you won't be allowed to stay!" The boy was clearly nearing his teens, but he was still a child, and any attempts to convince him to grow up didn't appear to be working. "Did she upset you? She's only a puppy. She was meant to be fun!"
"Oh, um, Echo is our main magic person, but, well, she kind of only uses it for trivial stuff now... Nothing to do with fighting and stuff," Jamie explained. When she asked him if he wanted to know anything specific, he again had many questions, but he doubted he'd retain all the answers. "No, but it was lovely to meet you," he said politely. It was genuine, too. In fact, Jamie considered that he could just report on this side of the business, and not deal with the illegal half.
~ ~ ~

He didn't need to find someone, since Aaron found Zadkiel. "What's wrong?" he asked, staring up at the man with a slight frown at the sight of him holding the puppy. He automatically knew there was something wrong, since why else would he not let the animal run around? "Socks, what did you do? You're going to get me in trouble, and then you won't be allowed to stay!" The boy was clearly nearing his teens, but he was still a child, and any attempts to convince him to grow up didn't appear to be working. "Did she upset you? She's only a puppy. She was meant to be fun!"
Rosa smiled warmly toward Jamie, "Pleasure to meet you as well, take care now! I have work to do... oh and Vera, honey..."
The girl turned to look toward her mother as she opened the office door, "Yes, Mama?"
"When you have time, I could use your help with this, please."
"Of course, Mama!"

Vera moved through the door and wandered back toward the elevator. She still held onto the confident walk as she waltzed past the employees, "So, the gist of the company is technology manufacturing. Not as big as Microsoft or Apple or Samsung by any means, but we hold our own within the community. We make quality products that are generally cheaper than the big brand items. Jaxen is actually very VERY good with technology, I'm surprised he's not the new heir for Mama's business."
Vera stopped at the elevator, "So, are you planning on staying here for the night? Or would you like to meet Papa and then be on your way?"
~~~

Zadkiel had nearly plowed over the poor boy, thankfully he had quick reflexes and stopped before that happened. He stared down at Aaron who frowned toward the half-blood before addressing the dog. Zeno felt his head tilt much like a confused dog in this instance before Aaron asked him a direct question, "Oh, no... I'm not upset. She did however eat the pillows within the room."

He moved to hand the dog back to the boy, "Thank you, though, I appreciate that consideration. I should go clean up her mess." He gave the boy a smile as he turned to head back toward the room. It wouldn't be too much of a hassle to clean, the only trouble would be replacing the pillows.
Rosa smiled warmly toward Jamie, "Pleasure to meet you as well, take care now! I have work to do... oh and Vera, honey..."
The girl turned to look toward her mother as she opened the office door, "Yes, Mama?"
"When you have time, I could use your help with this, please."
"Of course, Mama!"

Vera moved through the door and wandered back toward the elevator. She still held onto the confident walk as she waltzed past the employees, "So, the gist of the company is technology manufacturing. Not as big as Microsoft or Apple or Samsung by any means, but we hold our own within the community. We make quality products that are generally cheaper than the big brand items. Jaxen is actually very VERY good with technology, I'm surprised he's not the new heir for Mama's business."
Vera stopped at the elevator, "So, are you planning on staying here for the night? Or would you like to meet Papa and then be on your way?"
~~~

Zadkiel had nearly plowed over the poor boy, thankfully he had quick reflexes and stopped before that happened. He stared down at Aaron who frowned toward the half-blood before addressing the dog. Zeno felt his head tilt much like a confused dog in this instance before Aaron asked him a direct question, "Oh, no... I'm not upset. She did however eat the pillows within the room."

He moved to hand the dog back to the boy, "Thank you, though, I appreciate that consideration. I should go clean up her mess." He gave the boy a smile as he turned to head back toward the room. It wouldn't be too much of a hassle to clean, the only trouble would be replacing the pillows.
iE2j41j.png
panth
any pronoun
twenty-five
roleplayer
+3 hours fr time
"Well, I'm sorry for stealing you away. Your mother looked like she could've done with the help," Jamie apologised. His creature excitedly ran into the lift, glad to be away from the chaos. It had take a few papers as a souvenir, but Jamie took them out of its hand and gave them to Vera. "Sorry."

"Technology, huh? So like... Computers? Phones? Spyware?" Jamie thought that was probably a resource worth taking advantage of. "He couldn't be the heir of both, it wouldn't be fair, there's three of you," he pointed out.

The question made him stop and pause, mulling it over. "I don't know. If your father offers me a bed for the night I'll stay, but if he doesn't, I'll take it as a message that I am not welcome, and I'll have to be on my way."
~ ~ ~

Aaron sighed to himself. "I keep telling her not to do that! It drives Echo crazy, that's why I'm not allowed to bring animals into the tower anymore." The disappointment that came from the comment was overwhelming; it was clear all he wanted was to hoard strays within his living quarters. "Do you... Need some help?"
"Well, I'm sorry for stealing you away. Your mother looked like she could've done with the help," Jamie apologised. His creature excitedly ran into the lift, glad to be away from the chaos. It had take a few papers as a souvenir, but Jamie took them out of its hand and gave them to Vera. "Sorry."

"Technology, huh? So like... Computers? Phones? Spyware?" Jamie thought that was probably a resource worth taking advantage of. "He couldn't be the heir of both, it wouldn't be fair, there's three of you," he pointed out.

The question made him stop and pause, mulling it over. "I don't know. If your father offers me a bed for the night I'll stay, but if he doesn't, I'll take it as a message that I am not welcome, and I'll have to be on my way."
~ ~ ~

Aaron sighed to himself. "I keep telling her not to do that! It drives Echo crazy, that's why I'm not allowed to bring animals into the tower anymore." The disappointment that came from the comment was overwhelming; it was clear all he wanted was to hoard strays within his living quarters. "Do you... Need some help?"
She took the papers, looking them over and dubbing them as non important. She stuffed them into her pocket as she looked down at the creature with a smirk.
"Yes, computers, phones, spyware..." she repeated, "Jaxen is the best at everything in all honesty. I think that's why Pa is so strict with him. Adrian is a bit more wild, but he has his own niche where he excels too. Together though... my brothers are unstoppable. It's almost scary."

Vera gave Jamie another pat on the shoulder, "It doesn't matter what Papa says, Jamie," she said, "I'm offering you a room, do you want it, or not?"
~~~

Zeno looked toward Aaron, "If you'd like to help, I'd appreciate that too. Perhaps we could come up with a plan to help you keep those animals you seem to care so much about," he mused as he gestured for the boy to follow him back to the feather filled bedroom. A few feathers were still skittering across the floor, riding the slight draft that moved through the hallways. Opening the door again only stirred the feathers more, causing a bit more mess than there has been.

"Oh, sh**," Zeno barked, "You'd think I would remember how light and obnoxious feathers can be considering I have some..." he mumbled to himself as he snatched a few from the air.
She took the papers, looking them over and dubbing them as non important. She stuffed them into her pocket as she looked down at the creature with a smirk.
"Yes, computers, phones, spyware..." she repeated, "Jaxen is the best at everything in all honesty. I think that's why Pa is so strict with him. Adrian is a bit more wild, but he has his own niche where he excels too. Together though... my brothers are unstoppable. It's almost scary."

Vera gave Jamie another pat on the shoulder, "It doesn't matter what Papa says, Jamie," she said, "I'm offering you a room, do you want it, or not?"
~~~

Zeno looked toward Aaron, "If you'd like to help, I'd appreciate that too. Perhaps we could come up with a plan to help you keep those animals you seem to care so much about," he mused as he gestured for the boy to follow him back to the feather filled bedroom. A few feathers were still skittering across the floor, riding the slight draft that moved through the hallways. Opening the door again only stirred the feathers more, causing a bit more mess than there has been.

"Oh, sh**," Zeno barked, "You'd think I would remember how light and obnoxious feathers can be considering I have some..." he mumbled to himself as he snatched a few from the air.
iE2j41j.png
panth
any pronoun
twenty-five
roleplayer
+3 hours fr time
"Sometimes the people who excel the most are the most clueless," Jamie decided. "I'm sure there is something that he will struggle with. He'll just be good at hiding it. It is a human trait to want to hide your failures. You don't see any other species doing that."

"Of course I want it, but I still think I should get permission from your father..." Jamie worried. If Vera gave him permission when she wasn't supposed to, her father could get mad at her, and Jamie didn't want to cause any unnecessary rifts.
~ ~ ~

Aaron took that as an invitation to follow. "My big brother Oliver always got to keep his!" he complained. "He had birds and stuff, flying about everywhere, and most of them couldn't even carry messages or anything, and one pecked my head. Dogs are much better!"

That train of thought was silenced by the bedroom. "That's a lot of mess," he mumbled. "Matthew's going to be mad at me." He tried copying Zadkiel, holding the excitable and hungry animal with his other hand. "Swearing is bad," he told him. "But feathers are good. Where are your feathers?" He stood on his tiptoes and tried reaching the man's hair, thinking they could be feathers, but even then he barely brushed his shoulder. "Can I see?"
"Sometimes the people who excel the most are the most clueless," Jamie decided. "I'm sure there is something that he will struggle with. He'll just be good at hiding it. It is a human trait to want to hide your failures. You don't see any other species doing that."

"Of course I want it, but I still think I should get permission from your father..." Jamie worried. If Vera gave him permission when she wasn't supposed to, her father could get mad at her, and Jamie didn't want to cause any unnecessary rifts.
~ ~ ~

Aaron took that as an invitation to follow. "My big brother Oliver always got to keep his!" he complained. "He had birds and stuff, flying about everywhere, and most of them couldn't even carry messages or anything, and one pecked my head. Dogs are much better!"

That train of thought was silenced by the bedroom. "That's a lot of mess," he mumbled. "Matthew's going to be mad at me." He tried copying Zadkiel, holding the excitable and hungry animal with his other hand. "Swearing is bad," he told him. "But feathers are good. Where are your feathers?" He stood on his tiptoes and tried reaching the man's hair, thinking they could be feathers, but even then he barely brushed his shoulder. "Can I see?"
Vera shrugged, "Alright, let's go talk to Papa then."
She poked the button that referenced the 20th floor. The elevator began its ascent, the girl leaning against the railing checking her phone. She laughed slightly at whatever was displayed on the screen before speedily typing across the keyboard. She flipped the phone around to gave Jamie, a stupid internet meme shown on the screen, "This is funny!"

The elevator came to a halt, the doors opening to reveal a much different space than where her mother had been. This floor was darker, had a more... sinister vibe about it somehow. Jaxen and Adrian were standing further down the hallway, talking to someone in a hushed tone. The boys glanced toward the elevator, Jaxen broke from the conversation and moved toward his sister and Jamie, "There you are, Vera... you move fast," he said with a chuckle, kissing the girl on the forehead. She pushed back, playfully whining as if she hated the family affection, "Jax, stop! Jamie wants to meet Papa."
~~~

"I won't tell Matthew if you don't," Zeno said with a crooked grin, "let's get this cleaned up and no one will be the wiser."

"On my back...," he spoke softly when he had turned and leaned down slightly, allowing Aaron to pet his head. His hair wasn't made of feathers, but it certainly felt like silk and down, "I could show you, I see no harm in that."

Standing back to his full height, Zadkiel moved toward the center of the room, brushing his food across the floor as he went in a very lazy attempt to sweep some pillow fluff into a pile. He then stopped and turned to face a very enthusiastic Aaron. The Nephilim tossed the boy and the wiggling dog a crooked smile. A subtle flutter filled the air as wings burst from his back. They were the colour of the midnight sky, shimmering with silver as if they reflected the stars that dappled the dark abyss. His wings stretched almost from one end of the room to the other. He adjusted his posture, compensating for the new weight now tugging on his shoulders.
Vera shrugged, "Alright, let's go talk to Papa then."
She poked the button that referenced the 20th floor. The elevator began its ascent, the girl leaning against the railing checking her phone. She laughed slightly at whatever was displayed on the screen before speedily typing across the keyboard. She flipped the phone around to gave Jamie, a stupid internet meme shown on the screen, "This is funny!"

The elevator came to a halt, the doors opening to reveal a much different space than where her mother had been. This floor was darker, had a more... sinister vibe about it somehow. Jaxen and Adrian were standing further down the hallway, talking to someone in a hushed tone. The boys glanced toward the elevator, Jaxen broke from the conversation and moved toward his sister and Jamie, "There you are, Vera... you move fast," he said with a chuckle, kissing the girl on the forehead. She pushed back, playfully whining as if she hated the family affection, "Jax, stop! Jamie wants to meet Papa."
~~~

"I won't tell Matthew if you don't," Zeno said with a crooked grin, "let's get this cleaned up and no one will be the wiser."

"On my back...," he spoke softly when he had turned and leaned down slightly, allowing Aaron to pet his head. His hair wasn't made of feathers, but it certainly felt like silk and down, "I could show you, I see no harm in that."

Standing back to his full height, Zadkiel moved toward the center of the room, brushing his food across the floor as he went in a very lazy attempt to sweep some pillow fluff into a pile. He then stopped and turned to face a very enthusiastic Aaron. The Nephilim tossed the boy and the wiggling dog a crooked smile. A subtle flutter filled the air as wings burst from his back. They were the colour of the midnight sky, shimmering with silver as if they reflected the stars that dappled the dark abyss. His wings stretched almost from one end of the room to the other. He adjusted his posture, compensating for the new weight now tugging on his shoulders.
iE2j41j.png
panth
any pronoun
twenty-five
roleplayer
+3 hours fr time
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 241 242