Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | 1x1 with CalamityKitty
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 241 242
"Um, sure. But I think I should take him back, first," Jamie agreed. He held out his arms and the creature understood, jumping back to him. "Maybe this way I'll understand what your brothers were talking about," he laughed awkwardly, not knowing what he was supposed to talk about. "I got distracted pretty quick." He adjusted his eyepatch and then following after Vera to see what to do.
~ ~ ~

"I said I reject your offer," Aries repeated, suspicious of the man. "Oh, you're such a baby, it's only Russia," the woman scolded. "I've been loads of times. Admittedly not so quickly, but it's so pretty there!" The man began to feel very ganged up on. "I am not travelling to a foreign country with a stranger," he insisted.
"Um, sure. But I think I should take him back, first," Jamie agreed. He held out his arms and the creature understood, jumping back to him. "Maybe this way I'll understand what your brothers were talking about," he laughed awkwardly, not knowing what he was supposed to talk about. "I got distracted pretty quick." He adjusted his eyepatch and then following after Vera to see what to do.
~ ~ ~

"I said I reject your offer," Aries repeated, suspicious of the man. "Oh, you're such a baby, it's only Russia," the woman scolded. "I've been loads of times. Admittedly not so quickly, but it's so pretty there!" The man began to feel very ganged up on. "I am not travelling to a foreign country with a stranger," he insisted.
Vera giggled as the creature bounced back to Jamie, giving the man a warm smile, "I'm sure Jax gave you the verbal tour, but he talks so quickly sometimes, even I have trouble keeping up," she chirped as she pivoted on her heel and moved toward the elevator, "Anyway, if you hadn't gathered, this is the lobby. The basement is storage, but there's a shooting range down there. I tend to avoid it because it's so loud, but if you're interested we could start there!" her finger hovered over the elevator button as she spoke, casting a glance toward Jamie from the corner of her eyes.
~~~

"Then stay here," he shrugged lazily, leaning back into his chair, his attention seemed to focus somewhere through the wall for a moment, "Perhaps you'd prefer me to prove myself another way, within your comfortable little bubble... you wouldn't even need to get up from where you sit," as he spoke, he tone became lower.
He stood to his feet and vanished, a rush of wind filling the room in his wake. Zeno returned only moments later dragging someone through the door to the dining room, gripping them tightly by the back of their head with a fist full of hair. With a rather harsh toss, the underling flopped to the floor like a ragdoll, looking horrified and irritated at the same time. They looked up at Zadkiel as he stared down at them, "Care to tell us why I dragged you in here?"
The underling shuddered some, "Screw off, it's none of y-" Zadkiel gripped their arm, rotating it back with an audible pop. There was a stoic expression plastered upon the Nephilim's face as he acted. "Okay! Okay! Let go!" they cried out. Zeno dropping them and they glared toward Matthew, "Your family falls tonight! Little boy!" quickly, they launched themself toward Matthew, pulling a knife from their boot.

Zadkiel moved quicker, grabbing them by the back of the head again and slamming the underling face first against the floor, "Now, you're probably wondering how I knew this. Aries, I'm sure you're there brooding, 'This man planted this to make himself seem good!' False," his sapphire eyes snapped up, "I can read your thoughts, any one of you at any given time."

He flipped the underling over, their face bloody as they coughed, "Unfortunately for you, I'm sworn to protect our new allies." His hand moved to press his palm again their forehead, Zeno's eyes began to glow white from the pupil before the underling began to cry out in pain. A white light burst from their eyes and mouth until they stopped moving entirely. The scene felt much longer than only a minute and a half, however.

Zeno stood up, wiping his hand on his pants, the glow fading until his eyes appeared normal again, "I think I made my point." With that he turned and moved toward the door, "Thank you for dinner," and he left the room.
Vera giggled as the creature bounced back to Jamie, giving the man a warm smile, "I'm sure Jax gave you the verbal tour, but he talks so quickly sometimes, even I have trouble keeping up," she chirped as she pivoted on her heel and moved toward the elevator, "Anyway, if you hadn't gathered, this is the lobby. The basement is storage, but there's a shooting range down there. I tend to avoid it because it's so loud, but if you're interested we could start there!" her finger hovered over the elevator button as she spoke, casting a glance toward Jamie from the corner of her eyes.
~~~

"Then stay here," he shrugged lazily, leaning back into his chair, his attention seemed to focus somewhere through the wall for a moment, "Perhaps you'd prefer me to prove myself another way, within your comfortable little bubble... you wouldn't even need to get up from where you sit," as he spoke, he tone became lower.
He stood to his feet and vanished, a rush of wind filling the room in his wake. Zeno returned only moments later dragging someone through the door to the dining room, gripping them tightly by the back of their head with a fist full of hair. With a rather harsh toss, the underling flopped to the floor like a ragdoll, looking horrified and irritated at the same time. They looked up at Zadkiel as he stared down at them, "Care to tell us why I dragged you in here?"
The underling shuddered some, "Screw off, it's none of y-" Zadkiel gripped their arm, rotating it back with an audible pop. There was a stoic expression plastered upon the Nephilim's face as he acted. "Okay! Okay! Let go!" they cried out. Zeno dropping them and they glared toward Matthew, "Your family falls tonight! Little boy!" quickly, they launched themself toward Matthew, pulling a knife from their boot.

Zadkiel moved quicker, grabbing them by the back of the head again and slamming the underling face first against the floor, "Now, you're probably wondering how I knew this. Aries, I'm sure you're there brooding, 'This man planted this to make himself seem good!' False," his sapphire eyes snapped up, "I can read your thoughts, any one of you at any given time."

He flipped the underling over, their face bloody as they coughed, "Unfortunately for you, I'm sworn to protect our new allies." His hand moved to press his palm again their forehead, Zeno's eyes began to glow white from the pupil before the underling began to cry out in pain. A white light burst from their eyes and mouth until they stopped moving entirely. The scene felt much longer than only a minute and a half, however.

Zeno stood up, wiping his hand on his pants, the glow fading until his eyes appeared normal again, "I think I made my point." With that he turned and moved toward the door, "Thank you for dinner," and he left the room.
iE2j41j.png
panth
any pronoun
twenty-five
roleplayer
+3 hours fr time
"Yeah, he did, but I kind of blanked out, and I didn't want to look anymore stupid than I already did," Jamie admitted. "You should've seen how bad I tailed them. Apparently one of your brothers spotted me without looking away from his phone." He laughed, and couldn't help but chuckle harder at the suggestion of a shooting range. "I'm going to politely pass on that, if you don't mind. I'm yet to be shot at, and I don't want to find out what it feels like."
~ ~ ~

Aries instinctively moved away in his chair at Zadkiel's initial comment, like he expected the man to start attacking him. The trio all stared at him as he suddenly left, or, more accurately, at the empty seat, only for him to storm back in.

"What are you doing?" Matthew asked softly, having no idea why Zadkiel was holding one of his friends by the hair. The woman added, "Let go, you're hurting him!" They were all mostly confused, wanting to know what exactly was going on. When the underling stormed towards Matthew, he barely flinched, but Aries practically threw himself over the table to get in between Matthew and the betraying underling, only for Zadkiel to beat the man to a pulp. His gaze showed he clearly did think the whole situation was staged.

That thought died very fast as Zadkiel ended the man's life.

"What in the hell!" he shouted. Matthew still sat there indifferently, deciding to just finish off his dinner without concern. "Yes. You have." He didn't know what else to say, only staring at the body. The woman moved towards it cautiously, to see if he was still alive, while Aries stored after the half blood. "What the hell is wrong with you?"
"Yeah, he did, but I kind of blanked out, and I didn't want to look anymore stupid than I already did," Jamie admitted. "You should've seen how bad I tailed them. Apparently one of your brothers spotted me without looking away from his phone." He laughed, and couldn't help but chuckle harder at the suggestion of a shooting range. "I'm going to politely pass on that, if you don't mind. I'm yet to be shot at, and I don't want to find out what it feels like."
~ ~ ~

Aries instinctively moved away in his chair at Zadkiel's initial comment, like he expected the man to start attacking him. The trio all stared at him as he suddenly left, or, more accurately, at the empty seat, only for him to storm back in.

"What are you doing?" Matthew asked softly, having no idea why Zadkiel was holding one of his friends by the hair. The woman added, "Let go, you're hurting him!" They were all mostly confused, wanting to know what exactly was going on. When the underling stormed towards Matthew, he barely flinched, but Aries practically threw himself over the table to get in between Matthew and the betraying underling, only for Zadkiel to beat the man to a pulp. His gaze showed he clearly did think the whole situation was staged.

That thought died very fast as Zadkiel ended the man's life.

"What in the hell!" he shouted. Matthew still sat there indifferently, deciding to just finish off his dinner without concern. "Yes. You have." He didn't know what else to say, only staring at the body. The woman moved towards it cautiously, to see if he was still alive, while Aries stored after the half blood. "What the hell is wrong with you?"
Vera smiled, "Up we go then!" She pressed the button and the elevator dinged, the door opening and she stepped inside. Soft music played from the built in speakers. "I'll show you the front of the business first," she said with a hand on her hip which she had popped out to the side slightly.
~~~

"What the hell is wrong with you?" shouted Aries as he stormed after Zadkiel.

He glanced over his shoulder, pausing his pace to turn and face the man. He didn't really know how to respond to him other than give him a slightly confused expression. However as Aries drew closer he spoke out, "I merely did what I was expect to do, Aries. Protect your family as mine offers you what we can... I didn't mean to upset you."
Vera smiled, "Up we go then!" She pressed the button and the elevator dinged, the door opening and she stepped inside. Soft music played from the built in speakers. "I'll show you the front of the business first," she said with a hand on her hip which she had popped out to the side slightly.
~~~

"What the hell is wrong with you?" shouted Aries as he stormed after Zadkiel.

He glanced over his shoulder, pausing his pace to turn and face the man. He didn't really know how to respond to him other than give him a slightly confused expression. However as Aries drew closer he spoke out, "I merely did what I was expect to do, Aries. Protect your family as mine offers you what we can... I didn't mean to upset you."
iE2j41j.png
panth
any pronoun
twenty-five
roleplayer
+3 hours fr time
"Okie dokie," Jamie agreed. "Um... Is he going to be allowed in?" he asked, holding his creature up. He tapped his feet with the music quietly. "What is the front of the business? Is it, like, legit? Like, are you guys making money on it?" He wondered if that was how they could afford a thirty-floor office block.
~ ~ ~

Aries glared at him. "Idiot! Why would you think that was a normal thing to do? Just killing one of our own in front of us!" he snapped. "While we're eating dinner and all, don't you know mealtimes are for quiet? Were you raised in a barn? If that's the sort of thing you people find acceptable than we shouldn't bother with you, you'll kill half of us before anything good happens!" He seemed to skim over the fact that the man had tried to kill Matthew.
"Okie dokie," Jamie agreed. "Um... Is he going to be allowed in?" he asked, holding his creature up. He tapped his feet with the music quietly. "What is the front of the business? Is it, like, legit? Like, are you guys making money on it?" He wondered if that was how they could afford a thirty-floor office block.
~ ~ ~

Aries glared at him. "Idiot! Why would you think that was a normal thing to do? Just killing one of our own in front of us!" he snapped. "While we're eating dinner and all, don't you know mealtimes are for quiet? Were you raised in a barn? If that's the sort of thing you people find acceptable than we shouldn't bother with you, you'll kill half of us before anything good happens!" He seemed to skim over the fact that the man had tried to kill Matthew.
The girl gave Jamie a pat on the shoulder, "You're with me, no one will bother you or him," she announced happily. Vera rocked back and forth on her heels, looking toward Jamie when he asked about the business, "Oh yes, a completely legitimate, registered business with 150 employees. We have clients all around the world."
~~~

Zadkiel exhaled, "No, I was raised in the Silver City, actually. There, violence is rather common. Celestials are not... the most civilized beings despite what many religions state. I'm sorry, I'm still getting used to life here," he said turning his gaze to the floor, "I'm not out for blood, though... I'm not going to hurt anyone without reason, Aries. That's the honest truth." His gaze moved up again to lock with his. Zadkiel's hands had tunneled back into his pockets again, a noticeable smear of blood now present on his right thigh.
The girl gave Jamie a pat on the shoulder, "You're with me, no one will bother you or him," she announced happily. Vera rocked back and forth on her heels, looking toward Jamie when he asked about the business, "Oh yes, a completely legitimate, registered business with 150 employees. We have clients all around the world."
~~~

Zadkiel exhaled, "No, I was raised in the Silver City, actually. There, violence is rather common. Celestials are not... the most civilized beings despite what many religions state. I'm sorry, I'm still getting used to life here," he said turning his gaze to the floor, "I'm not out for blood, though... I'm not going to hurt anyone without reason, Aries. That's the honest truth." His gaze moved up again to lock with his. Zadkiel's hands had tunneled back into his pockets again, a noticeable smear of blood now present on his right thigh.
iE2j41j.png
panth
any pronoun
twenty-five
roleplayer
+3 hours fr time
"Then... Why bother with the crime?" Jamie asked. Their business seemed self-sufficient, especially if it stretched internationally, so to him there didn't seem a point in risking it by getting involved in crime at all. "Are your employees all working for you on both sides of the business?' he said in a low voice, clearly curious about the dynamic.
~ ~ ~

"Oh, boo hoo. Lots of people have it tough, but they don't beat people to a pulp!" Aries argued. "Your 'truths' mean nothing to me," he spat. "I don't trust you and I don't want you here. I don't see why your family even left you here in the first place, you aren't exactly a shining impression." He was distracted a little by a crimson streak on the man. "And you're bleeding. Congratulations. Go, get pity points from people who actually care." The man wasn't entirely sure why he felt the need to lash out. He was just so shocked that the events had taken place that he couldn't think about them properly. Lashing out was the only way any of this made sense.
"Then... Why bother with the crime?" Jamie asked. Their business seemed self-sufficient, especially if it stretched internationally, so to him there didn't seem a point in risking it by getting involved in crime at all. "Are your employees all working for you on both sides of the business?' he said in a low voice, clearly curious about the dynamic.
~ ~ ~

"Oh, boo hoo. Lots of people have it tough, but they don't beat people to a pulp!" Aries argued. "Your 'truths' mean nothing to me," he spat. "I don't trust you and I don't want you here. I don't see why your family even left you here in the first place, you aren't exactly a shining impression." He was distracted a little by a crimson streak on the man. "And you're bleeding. Congratulations. Go, get pity points from people who actually care." The man wasn't entirely sure why he felt the need to lash out. He was just so shocked that the events had taken place that he couldn't think about them properly. Lashing out was the only way any of this made sense.
"Papa has always been on the wrong side of the tracks, he's been doing his thing long before he met Mama 23 years ago. She was the heiress to the company she runs now. When they met, the fell in love, got married... etc. The employees are under Mama's care, I don't know how many people work with Papa, you'd have to ask my brothers about that. I work with my Ma while Jax and Addy are Pa's proteges..." Vera covered he mouth and looked guilty, "Sorry, I'm rambling. I've been told I talk to much."

The elevator dinged and the doors opened revealing a bustling office space of organized mayhem. Vera stepped from the elevator and gestured for Jamie to follow, "Let's go meet, Mama."
~~~

Zadkiel remained silent as Aries yelled at him. He kept his eyes cast down for the most part until he finally decided to glanced up. The look on his face was a mixture of anger, shock, and confusion. Then Aries pointed out the small tear within Zeno's jeans. He had been knocked by the knife, but never even noticed, though, he assumed now was a bad time to mention the would was completely healed anyway.

"Aries, I'm not asking you to like me, or trust me on a personal level. I'm here because that is what is expect of me, but if you want me gone, then so be it. I'll leave..." he turned and walked a few steps before glancing over his shoulder, "And I've never looked for pity, I've been on my own for 56 years... I didn't need anyone then, and I certainly don't need anyone now."
"Papa has always been on the wrong side of the tracks, he's been doing his thing long before he met Mama 23 years ago. She was the heiress to the company she runs now. When they met, the fell in love, got married... etc. The employees are under Mama's care, I don't know how many people work with Papa, you'd have to ask my brothers about that. I work with my Ma while Jax and Addy are Pa's proteges..." Vera covered he mouth and looked guilty, "Sorry, I'm rambling. I've been told I talk to much."

The elevator dinged and the doors opened revealing a bustling office space of organized mayhem. Vera stepped from the elevator and gestured for Jamie to follow, "Let's go meet, Mama."
~~~

Zadkiel remained silent as Aries yelled at him. He kept his eyes cast down for the most part until he finally decided to glanced up. The look on his face was a mixture of anger, shock, and confusion. Then Aries pointed out the small tear within Zeno's jeans. He had been knocked by the knife, but never even noticed, though, he assumed now was a bad time to mention the would was completely healed anyway.

"Aries, I'm not asking you to like me, or trust me on a personal level. I'm here because that is what is expect of me, but if you want me gone, then so be it. I'll leave..." he turned and walked a few steps before glancing over his shoulder, "And I've never looked for pity, I've been on my own for 56 years... I didn't need anyone then, and I certainly don't need anyone now."
iE2j41j.png
panth
any pronoun
twenty-five
roleplayer
+3 hours fr time
Jamie was listening along at the nice pace that Vera spoke at when she suddenly stopped herself. "Oh. No, it's okay, I'm always surrounded by ramblers. It... Suits me better, to be honest." He wasn't a massive talker himself, and he liked that she was filling their silence, and she was telling him stuff that was simultaneously innocent and useful (his favourite kind of information). And her talking blocked out the lift music, which had originally interested him but was already getting on his nerves.

"Sure, let's go meet your mum," he agreed, a bit unsurely, having no idea what to expect. The creature hissed at the noise, but Jamie stepped out of the lift and went to follow Vera again.
~ ~ ~

Aries' gaze remained cold as Zadkiel looked at him. He scoffed at the man, clearly seeing it all as an attempt to gain more pity. "Sure, you don't look like you want me to get on my knees and beg you to stay at all. I don't know why you even want to be here, and don't lie and say it's just because you were told to because you could have easily said no."

He pulled his cloak around himself protectively as Matthew walked out of the dining room. He hadn't heard the commotion, the shock of what had happened beginning to kick in. He walked past them like they didn't even exist. His mind seemed a bit too fragile for this business, since his steps were small and anxious, like he was trying to stay hidden, and he was mumbling to himself about how there was a dead person in his dining room. His presence only made Aries grimace. "I don't care whether or not you stay, but you can keep the hell away from me while you're here."
Jamie was listening along at the nice pace that Vera spoke at when she suddenly stopped herself. "Oh. No, it's okay, I'm always surrounded by ramblers. It... Suits me better, to be honest." He wasn't a massive talker himself, and he liked that she was filling their silence, and she was telling him stuff that was simultaneously innocent and useful (his favourite kind of information). And her talking blocked out the lift music, which had originally interested him but was already getting on his nerves.

"Sure, let's go meet your mum," he agreed, a bit unsurely, having no idea what to expect. The creature hissed at the noise, but Jamie stepped out of the lift and went to follow Vera again.
~ ~ ~

Aries' gaze remained cold as Zadkiel looked at him. He scoffed at the man, clearly seeing it all as an attempt to gain more pity. "Sure, you don't look like you want me to get on my knees and beg you to stay at all. I don't know why you even want to be here, and don't lie and say it's just because you were told to because you could have easily said no."

He pulled his cloak around himself protectively as Matthew walked out of the dining room. He hadn't heard the commotion, the shock of what had happened beginning to kick in. He walked past them like they didn't even exist. His mind seemed a bit too fragile for this business, since his steps were small and anxious, like he was trying to stay hidden, and he was mumbling to himself about how there was a dead person in his dining room. His presence only made Aries grimace. "I don't care whether or not you stay, but you can keep the hell away from me while you're here."
Vera marched confidently through the aisle toward the door, and once reached she gave a brisk knock which was greeted by an aged feminine voice. The girl opened the door with a smile and a friendly, "Hello, Mama!"

"Vera! Il mio amore, I was wondering where you'd skipped off too, I need your- oh! Who's this?" Rosa was sitting at her desk, flipping through paperwork as she spoke.
Vera pulled Jamie into the office, the door shutting behind them, "This is Jamie, one of Papa's new acquaintances. I'm showing him the building since Jax and Addy are busy."
Rose stood from her seat and walked toward Jamie, she was a beautiful woman who'd aged incredibly well. She was fit and soft in appearance, someone who looked like they could befriend a rabid bear, "You must be a member of that new allied family Ansaldo had mentioned," she chirped with a delighted tone, "Well, any business associate of my husband's is a friend of mine, it's lovely to meet you, I'm Rosa Lozano."
~~~

Zadkiel felt backed into a corner for the second time in his life. The first time had been... well, that's a tale for another time. The half-blood fidgeted awkwardly again, his eyes dropping as Aries continued to lash out at him.

Things only calmed down for a moment when a slightly dazed Matthew emerged from the dining room and wandered past them obliviously mumbling to himself about what had just happened. Zeno felt bad for the boy, after all he was only a kid... and his life has just been threatened. His eyes followed the kid until Aries spoke up again. He pretty much retracted what he'd said before, only telling Zadkiel to stay away instead of leave entirely.
"Matthew could use some reassurance, instead of yelling at me, go take care of the boy... His life was just threatened," Zeno made eye contact with that last sentence, his expression stoic but hardened.

He then turned again and continued down the corridor, retreating back toward the room had been allowed to stay in for the time being.
Vera marched confidently through the aisle toward the door, and once reached she gave a brisk knock which was greeted by an aged feminine voice. The girl opened the door with a smile and a friendly, "Hello, Mama!"

"Vera! Il mio amore, I was wondering where you'd skipped off too, I need your- oh! Who's this?" Rosa was sitting at her desk, flipping through paperwork as she spoke.
Vera pulled Jamie into the office, the door shutting behind them, "This is Jamie, one of Papa's new acquaintances. I'm showing him the building since Jax and Addy are busy."
Rose stood from her seat and walked toward Jamie, she was a beautiful woman who'd aged incredibly well. She was fit and soft in appearance, someone who looked like they could befriend a rabid bear, "You must be a member of that new allied family Ansaldo had mentioned," she chirped with a delighted tone, "Well, any business associate of my husband's is a friend of mine, it's lovely to meet you, I'm Rosa Lozano."
~~~

Zadkiel felt backed into a corner for the second time in his life. The first time had been... well, that's a tale for another time. The half-blood fidgeted awkwardly again, his eyes dropping as Aries continued to lash out at him.

Things only calmed down for a moment when a slightly dazed Matthew emerged from the dining room and wandered past them obliviously mumbling to himself about what had just happened. Zeno felt bad for the boy, after all he was only a kid... and his life has just been threatened. His eyes followed the kid until Aries spoke up again. He pretty much retracted what he'd said before, only telling Zadkiel to stay away instead of leave entirely.
"Matthew could use some reassurance, instead of yelling at me, go take care of the boy... His life was just threatened," Zeno made eye contact with that last sentence, his expression stoic but hardened.

He then turned again and continued down the corridor, retreating back toward the room had been allowed to stay in for the time being.
iE2j41j.png
panth
any pronoun
twenty-five
roleplayer
+3 hours fr time
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 241 242