Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | 1x1 with CalamityKitty
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 241 242
"You may-" Aries was about to say 'not', but he was elbowed quickly so that it sounded like he was giving Jaxen permission, though he glared at them all. The boy waved off the concerns easily. "No, don't be concerned. My father has faith in your integrity. It's a shame he wasn't here to meet you." The otherwise bland tone of his shaking voice portrayed no emotion; the boy was trying to put his cards back by his chest.

As Zadkiel was mentioned, the boy moved his gaze to watch him with a sense of wariness. "Yes, I'm sure it's a great compliment." The way he said it showed that it was taken more as a warning. "I'd give you Aries, but I'm worried your brother would kill him, and he makes me laugh sometimes," he offered. He was beginning to move aimlessly, tapping his feet against the floor without a set rhythm, and didn't even seem to notice that Jaxen had left.

In fact, he was completely shut off from the world until Zadkiel's shadow was cast over him. When he looked up, his dark blue eyes flicked over the taller man. "Well, that's an interesting question." He considered it for a few moments, before going to move towards the door. "This way, please."

At least he was politer than Aries, who stayed behind the pair with a glare, keeping his distance.
"You may-" Aries was about to say 'not', but he was elbowed quickly so that it sounded like he was giving Jaxen permission, though he glared at them all. The boy waved off the concerns easily. "No, don't be concerned. My father has faith in your integrity. It's a shame he wasn't here to meet you." The otherwise bland tone of his shaking voice portrayed no emotion; the boy was trying to put his cards back by his chest.

As Zadkiel was mentioned, the boy moved his gaze to watch him with a sense of wariness. "Yes, I'm sure it's a great compliment." The way he said it showed that it was taken more as a warning. "I'd give you Aries, but I'm worried your brother would kill him, and he makes me laugh sometimes," he offered. He was beginning to move aimlessly, tapping his feet against the floor without a set rhythm, and didn't even seem to notice that Jaxen had left.

In fact, he was completely shut off from the world until Zadkiel's shadow was cast over him. When he looked up, his dark blue eyes flicked over the taller man. "Well, that's an interesting question." He considered it for a few moments, before going to move towards the door. "This way, please."

At least he was politer than Aries, who stayed behind the pair with a glare, keeping his distance.
Zadkiel cast a neutral glance toward Aries as the boy lead him along, taking notice that he trailed behind them as they went. Simply keeping his distance. The Nephilim hummed slightly, eyes wandering aimlessly around the interior of the mansion. He hadn't gotten to walk through it like his family had previously, he was left outside to merely listen.

"I apologise if I come off as rude," he began, hands plunged casually within his pockets of his jeans, "For such a lavish mansion, I'm surprised you claim to be bankrupt... what happened?"

Meanwhile, Jaxen climbed into the limo that was still outside. His eyes shifting to his father who looked at him with a quizzical look. Jaxen merely settled into the seat and crossed his legs, "I offered reassurance, a compliment, and a warning." Sal hummed and nodded before turning his attention to his phone. He dialed a number and began talking as the car pulled away from the mansion, leaving Zeno behind.

Adrian looked at his brother, "Is Zen going to be alright?" he asked mildly concerned.
Jaxen glanced from the window to his brother and smiled, "Absolutely," he stated with the upmost certainty.
Zadkiel cast a neutral glance toward Aries as the boy lead him along, taking notice that he trailed behind them as they went. Simply keeping his distance. The Nephilim hummed slightly, eyes wandering aimlessly around the interior of the mansion. He hadn't gotten to walk through it like his family had previously, he was left outside to merely listen.

"I apologise if I come off as rude," he began, hands plunged casually within his pockets of his jeans, "For such a lavish mansion, I'm surprised you claim to be bankrupt... what happened?"

Meanwhile, Jaxen climbed into the limo that was still outside. His eyes shifting to his father who looked at him with a quizzical look. Jaxen merely settled into the seat and crossed his legs, "I offered reassurance, a compliment, and a warning." Sal hummed and nodded before turning his attention to his phone. He dialed a number and began talking as the car pulled away from the mansion, leaving Zeno behind.

Adrian looked at his brother, "Is Zen going to be alright?" he asked mildly concerned.
Jaxen glanced from the window to his brother and smiled, "Absolutely," he stated with the upmost certainty.
iE2j41j.png
panth
any pronoun
twenty-five
roleplayer
+3 hours fr time
The mansion was beautifully decorated, with artworks decorating the panelled walls. There were, however, remnants of evidence that it was a family home, with pencil marks on door frames to mark a growing child's height, and areas where the paint had been redone to get rid of doodles on the wall.

"The estate is our home, we have to secure its upkeep. Father has gone to ask mother for more money," the boy said bluntly. "And Aries has some secret funds I'm going to squeeze out of him eventually..." He glanced back at the man behind them. "Looking after a lot of people is expensive, but the most efficient workers are always the happiest. It isn't foolish to ensure that they have what they need." There was something defensive in his tone.

"Are you calling me a liar?" he suddenly accused.
The mansion was beautifully decorated, with artworks decorating the panelled walls. There were, however, remnants of evidence that it was a family home, with pencil marks on door frames to mark a growing child's height, and areas where the paint had been redone to get rid of doodles on the wall.

"The estate is our home, we have to secure its upkeep. Father has gone to ask mother for more money," the boy said bluntly. "And Aries has some secret funds I'm going to squeeze out of him eventually..." He glanced back at the man behind them. "Looking after a lot of people is expensive, but the most efficient workers are always the happiest. It isn't foolish to ensure that they have what they need." There was something defensive in his tone.

"Are you calling me a liar?" he suddenly accused.
Zadkiel remained calm, cool, and collected, as if he was taking just a casual stroll through a park. His sapphire gaze glancing at everything and nothing at the same time as he listened to the boy talk. Then the sudden accusing bark sounded and pulled him from his casual waltz through the manour. He looked down to the boy with a soft and genuine smile, "Not at all, I'm just trying to understand. I figured it would be more polite to ask you directly rather than..." his furrowed his brows, "Never mind, you don't need to know that yet."

Zadkiel glanced over his shoulder to Aries, giving the man a wink as he proceeded forward. He turned his attention back to the boy before speaking again, "I understand entirely though, wanting to ensure your family has everything that they need, that they want. Of course, you need to keep in mind, that not everyone deserves that kind of treatment. Quite frequently that young boy Adrian, your friend so eloquently insulted earlier, is sent out to assassinate loose ends and trim the hedges of the family. He may look like a mere punk, but he is not. He is just as much an heir to the Lozano empire as Jaxen is." Zeno paused for a moment, pulling a hand from his pocket to push it through his hair, "But I digress... all I am saying is, don't assume they all deserve equal treatment. It's very possible one if not more of your men could be working maliciously behind your back. It pays to be paranoid in this line or work."
Zadkiel remained calm, cool, and collected, as if he was taking just a casual stroll through a park. His sapphire gaze glancing at everything and nothing at the same time as he listened to the boy talk. Then the sudden accusing bark sounded and pulled him from his casual waltz through the manour. He looked down to the boy with a soft and genuine smile, "Not at all, I'm just trying to understand. I figured it would be more polite to ask you directly rather than..." his furrowed his brows, "Never mind, you don't need to know that yet."

Zadkiel glanced over his shoulder to Aries, giving the man a wink as he proceeded forward. He turned his attention back to the boy before speaking again, "I understand entirely though, wanting to ensure your family has everything that they need, that they want. Of course, you need to keep in mind, that not everyone deserves that kind of treatment. Quite frequently that young boy Adrian, your friend so eloquently insulted earlier, is sent out to assassinate loose ends and trim the hedges of the family. He may look like a mere punk, but he is not. He is just as much an heir to the Lozano empire as Jaxen is." Zeno paused for a moment, pulling a hand from his pocket to push it through his hair, "But I digress... all I am saying is, don't assume they all deserve equal treatment. It's very possible one if not more of your men could be working maliciously behind your back. It pays to be paranoid in this line or work."
iE2j41j.png
panth
any pronoun
twenty-five
roleplayer
+3 hours fr time
"We don't work on a 'need to know' basis here. Anything you've got to say, say it now." The bluntness of his tone contrasted with his obvious youth. He wasn't a fool, even if he was inexperienced, and he didn't like not knowing. His steps were uneven, one foot favoured over the other for no apparent reason, his cold gaze making him appear older even though he had to look up at Zadkiel. He had to treat him as an equal, which wouldn't bother him, but it was so much easier to demand information as a superior.

Aries glared at the pair, holding the corners of his cloak tightly, his smile fading as quickly as it had earlier arrived. He refused to trust this new arrival, knowing there was something off about him, and when he started talking about loyalties, he sped up his pace. Somehow, the suggestion that not all of the gang deserved their leader's patronage seemed very personal. "And what would you know of loyalty?"

"Don't be offended," the boy dismissed before Zadkiel had the chance to answer. "I'm sure there are. Those people suffer. They act as deterrents for people who get that idea." Once again, he lacked emotion in his tone. Any care he had for his underlings clearly died once they betrayed him. "If you act out again I won't invite you to these events," the boy continued to Aries, as he opened a door. "You'll be staying in this room. It was my brother's." There was nothing more said. "Aries is next door, perhaps you should be friends."

He'd only added the 'perhaps' in for politeness, since he certainly intended for Aries to be a diplomat of sorts, if only he could control his impulses. The boy knew his father had employed him for a reason, but he wasn't entirely sure why. "Please, let me know if it is unsatisfactory."

There were many words to describe the room, but that wasn't one of them. High ceilings and a bay window defined the architecture and allowed for a picturesque view of the grounds below. The four-poster bed seemed small with the large size of the room itself, which was, although sparsely decorated, as if the personal belongings inside it had been quickly removed, was certainly suitable for a short term stay. The wardrobe was walk in, and there was an en-suite, a clearly new addition to the old house. "If it gets too cold tonight there's a heater. Old windows don't do any good."
"We don't work on a 'need to know' basis here. Anything you've got to say, say it now." The bluntness of his tone contrasted with his obvious youth. He wasn't a fool, even if he was inexperienced, and he didn't like not knowing. His steps were uneven, one foot favoured over the other for no apparent reason, his cold gaze making him appear older even though he had to look up at Zadkiel. He had to treat him as an equal, which wouldn't bother him, but it was so much easier to demand information as a superior.

Aries glared at the pair, holding the corners of his cloak tightly, his smile fading as quickly as it had earlier arrived. He refused to trust this new arrival, knowing there was something off about him, and when he started talking about loyalties, he sped up his pace. Somehow, the suggestion that not all of the gang deserved their leader's patronage seemed very personal. "And what would you know of loyalty?"

"Don't be offended," the boy dismissed before Zadkiel had the chance to answer. "I'm sure there are. Those people suffer. They act as deterrents for people who get that idea." Once again, he lacked emotion in his tone. Any care he had for his underlings clearly died once they betrayed him. "If you act out again I won't invite you to these events," the boy continued to Aries, as he opened a door. "You'll be staying in this room. It was my brother's." There was nothing more said. "Aries is next door, perhaps you should be friends."

He'd only added the 'perhaps' in for politeness, since he certainly intended for Aries to be a diplomat of sorts, if only he could control his impulses. The boy knew his father had employed him for a reason, but he wasn't entirely sure why. "Please, let me know if it is unsatisfactory."

There were many words to describe the room, but that wasn't one of them. High ceilings and a bay window defined the architecture and allowed for a picturesque view of the grounds below. The four-poster bed seemed small with the large size of the room itself, which was, although sparsely decorated, as if the personal belongings inside it had been quickly removed, was certainly suitable for a short term stay. The wardrobe was walk in, and there was an en-suite, a clearly new addition to the old house. "If it gets too cold tonight there's a heater. Old windows don't do any good."
Zadkiel kept his mouth shut, they didn't need to know all of his little tricks just yet. If at all. Nevertheless, when Aries barked at him he was tempted to speak up again, however the boy was quick to defuse any potential fights that may have broken out between the two. Zeno hadn't had a chance to speak up again, not that he felt it necessary at the time anyway. He was introduced to the room he'd be staying in. Bare minimums, which was fine. He couldn't care less to be totally honest. He turned to Aries and gave him a crooked grin, flashing a canine tooth that seemed longer than a normal person would generally have, but said nothing as he looked back at the boy and nodded, "It's fine, thank you."

He turned to Aries now, that same grin still present upon his features as if challenging the man to act out, "So, Aries, you seem high strung and on edge. I've been feeling your eyes bore a hole in my back since we started this little journey down the hallway. I'm sure you have questions for me so please, ask away."
Zadkiel kept his mouth shut, they didn't need to know all of his little tricks just yet. If at all. Nevertheless, when Aries barked at him he was tempted to speak up again, however the boy was quick to defuse any potential fights that may have broken out between the two. Zeno hadn't had a chance to speak up again, not that he felt it necessary at the time anyway. He was introduced to the room he'd be staying in. Bare minimums, which was fine. He couldn't care less to be totally honest. He turned to Aries and gave him a crooked grin, flashing a canine tooth that seemed longer than a normal person would generally have, but said nothing as he looked back at the boy and nodded, "It's fine, thank you."

He turned to Aries now, that same grin still present upon his features as if challenging the man to act out, "So, Aries, you seem high strung and on edge. I've been feeling your eyes bore a hole in my back since we started this little journey down the hallway. I'm sure you have questions for me so please, ask away."
iE2j41j.png
panth
any pronoun
twenty-five
roleplayer
+3 hours fr time
The boy narrowed his eyes. He didn't blame Zadkiel for keeping his mouth shut, but he was still annoyed about it. He decided to try to distract himself by discussing interiors. "I don't know how long your brother intends for you to stay here, but you can feel free to decorate. Except, leave the wallpaper. Father's fond of it." The way he instinctively pressed his hand against it suggested he was sentimental, too. "And you're welcome to explore most of the manor, just stay out of the tower. There's not much there but our physician gets a bit peeved about her personal space. So just go there if you hurt yourself," he ordered.

Aries' hand went to his own hair, pulling it in annoyance at the smirk he was given. "I have plenty," he snapped, and no glare from his companion would stop him. "The most important one is what the hell you are."
The boy narrowed his eyes. He didn't blame Zadkiel for keeping his mouth shut, but he was still annoyed about it. He decided to try to distract himself by discussing interiors. "I don't know how long your brother intends for you to stay here, but you can feel free to decorate. Except, leave the wallpaper. Father's fond of it." The way he instinctively pressed his hand against it suggested he was sentimental, too. "And you're welcome to explore most of the manor, just stay out of the tower. There's not much there but our physician gets a bit peeved about her personal space. So just go there if you hurt yourself," he ordered.

Aries' hand went to his own hair, pulling it in annoyance at the smirk he was given. "I have plenty," he snapped, and no glare from his companion would stop him. "The most important one is what the hell you are."
Zeno nodded in response to the boy but was much more interested in his conversation with Aries at the moment. He crossed his arms over his chest and chuckled, "Right out of the gate then, hm?" he teased before leaning against the wall again in a similar fashion as before when they were in the meeting, "My name is Zadkiel Zeno Angelo Bellini. I am a Nephilim, son of a celestial being... or an angel as some would call them, and a human, who happened to be Italian," he had a permanent smile on his features as he announced who and what he was with little care about any potential consequences, "Next question?"

He was intrigued by what Aries may want to know next, and he would answer honestly. He had no reason to lie about anything. Withhold the truth maybe, but never lie.
Zeno nodded in response to the boy but was much more interested in his conversation with Aries at the moment. He crossed his arms over his chest and chuckled, "Right out of the gate then, hm?" he teased before leaning against the wall again in a similar fashion as before when they were in the meeting, "My name is Zadkiel Zeno Angelo Bellini. I am a Nephilim, son of a celestial being... or an angel as some would call them, and a human, who happened to be Italian," he had a permanent smile on his features as he announced who and what he was with little care about any potential consequences, "Next question?"

He was intrigued by what Aries may want to know next, and he would answer honestly. He had no reason to lie about anything. Withhold the truth maybe, but never lie.
iE2j41j.png
panth
any pronoun
twenty-five
roleplayer
+3 hours fr time
The boy seemed to notice, but rather than offend him, it amused him. He sat down on the bed to watch the drama unfold, ready to intervene if required. Zeno's answer hadn't been accepted well by Aries, who had responded by tightening his grip on his hair with his hand. "Why does your brother want you here?" he demanded next.

Aries rarely trusted, since he knew better. People didn't just leave their brothers as a gift of goodwill, even if their brother was also a warning. Aries assumed there was an interior motive, a plot to somehow gained control. "And what is he planning?" Even though just moments earlier they had established next steps, Aries doubted the other gang would stick to them.
The boy seemed to notice, but rather than offend him, it amused him. He sat down on the bed to watch the drama unfold, ready to intervene if required. Zeno's answer hadn't been accepted well by Aries, who had responded by tightening his grip on his hair with his hand. "Why does your brother want you here?" he demanded next.

Aries rarely trusted, since he knew better. People didn't just leave their brothers as a gift of goodwill, even if their brother was also a warning. Aries assumed there was an interior motive, a plot to somehow gained control. "And what is he planning?" Even though just moments earlier they had established next steps, Aries doubted the other gang would stick to them.
Zadkiel had three ways he could react, threatening, passive, or kind. He pondered which route to take when it came to Aries, however the man seemed both skittish and ready to fight at the same time it made it difficult for him to figure out the best course of action. His smile dropped and he exhaled. He would answer honestly, he had no reason to lie to them.

"He wants me here because I am the best man he has to offer. He knows I can protect myself just as easily as your gang," he started with a gentle tone before his voice dropped and he pushed himself from the wall, hands slipping into his pockets again as he backed Aries into the wall, "and... just as easily as I can protect you, I can tear you all apart." There was a subtle glow of white within his pupils as he stared down Aries with a dominant aura and posture. The Nephilim made no moves to harm him however, he had no reason to. "As for what he's planning... he's not planning anything. Your family asked us for help, we are simply aiding you where you need us. We want nothing aside from what is agreed upon."

He then backed off, shrugging off the tension as if it were a coat, "Anything else?" he asked as he turned his back to Aries and the boy to wander over to the window, glancing outside with an uninterested expression.
Zadkiel had three ways he could react, threatening, passive, or kind. He pondered which route to take when it came to Aries, however the man seemed both skittish and ready to fight at the same time it made it difficult for him to figure out the best course of action. His smile dropped and he exhaled. He would answer honestly, he had no reason to lie to them.

"He wants me here because I am the best man he has to offer. He knows I can protect myself just as easily as your gang," he started with a gentle tone before his voice dropped and he pushed himself from the wall, hands slipping into his pockets again as he backed Aries into the wall, "and... just as easily as I can protect you, I can tear you all apart." There was a subtle glow of white within his pupils as he stared down Aries with a dominant aura and posture. The Nephilim made no moves to harm him however, he had no reason to. "As for what he's planning... he's not planning anything. Your family asked us for help, we are simply aiding you where you need us. We want nothing aside from what is agreed upon."

He then backed off, shrugging off the tension as if it were a coat, "Anything else?" he asked as he turned his back to Aries and the boy to wander over to the window, glancing outside with an uninterested expression.
iE2j41j.png
panth
any pronoun
twenty-five
roleplayer
+3 hours fr time
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 241 242