Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Eightleaf Town - RP Community Signups
1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
[center] @Cryoluxa [b]Dragon:[/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=410725&tab=dragon&did=29535492][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/295355/29535492_350.png?mtime=XHJddgACmFU.png[/img][/url] [b]Name:[/b] Altan [b]Age:[/b] Early 20’s [b]Residence:[/b] Eightleaf Town (i guess? I don’t really know where he’d fit in,,) [b]Role:[/b] He’s a very crafty man and I imagine him being like a blacksmith so does that go under Townsdragon...? [b]Personality:[/b] Altan is a very flirtatious dragon and tries his best to appeal to attractive lady dergs. He plays the role of a constantly love struck young dragon but he’s not all talk. He can back up his words and commit to a promise he had made to a special someone depending on how strong their relationship was. When interested in someone he will give them his all until he was bored, and once he was bored, he would leave them wanting more (hopefully...). [b]Backstory:[/b] Altan was raised on a farm with a full house to take care of as the only man in the house due to his father leaving his mother whilst she was carrying his second child. Growing up he watched his mother as she grew lonelier. He tried his hardest to treat her like a queen but it didn’t seem to do any wonders. Despite the failure to bring his mother happiness again, he swore to treat every woman the best he could and be a better man than what his father was. However, he turned out a lot more like his father, just a dimmed down version unfortunately. [b]Special notes:[/b] He’s inspired by an Irish folk lore song and his fit was inspired by a male irish outfit I found on google... don’t know if that really matters but it’s here anyway.. [b]Player type:[/b] Casual I guess? I’m really new to RPing and haven’t really participated in any big things outside the little lore scenes I play out with one of my friends.. I would love to build more interest in RPing with bigger communities so this is a start! I do enjoy getting to know the different characters as well as my own while playing too so could I be pinged for everything please? [/center]
@Cryoluxa
Dragon:
29535492_350.png?mtime=XHJddgACmFU.png
Name: Altan
Residence: Eightleaf Town (i guess? I don’t really know where he’d fit in,,)
Role: He’s a very crafty man and I imagine him being like a blacksmith so does that go under Townsdragon...?
Personality: Altan is a very flirtatious dragon and tries his best to appeal to attractive lady dergs. He plays the role of a constantly love struck young dragon but he’s not all talk. He can back up his words and commit to a promise he had made to a special someone depending on how strong their relationship was. When interested in someone he will give them his all until he was bored, and once he was bored, he would leave them wanting more (hopefully...).
Backstory: Altan was raised on a farm with a full house to take care of as the only man in the house due to his father leaving his mother whilst she was carrying his second child. Growing up he watched his mother as she grew lonelier. He tried his hardest to treat her like a queen but it didn’t seem to do any wonders. Despite the failure to bring his mother happiness again, he swore to treat every woman the best he could and be a better man than what his father was. However, he turned out a lot more like his father, just a dimmed down version unfortunately.
Special notes: He’s inspired by an Irish folk lore song and his fit was inspired by a male irish outfit I found on google... don’t know if that really matters but it’s here anyway..
Player type: Casual I guess? I’m really new to RPing and haven’t really participated in any big things outside the little lore scenes I play out with one of my friends.. I would love to build more interest in RPing with bigger communities so this is a start! I do enjoy getting to know the different characters as well as my own while playing too so could I be pinged for everything please?

RMVPi3d.png
@MotherOfOmens

Sure! I'll happily put you on the pinglist. :) As I told the others, I'm a little busy with my life right now, so I haven't been able to work on anything extensive like this rp lately. I'll get on it when I can, so please be patient. I'm happy to broaden your rp horizons, though! I haven't checked, but I'm pretty sure the town doesn't have a blacksmith yet. Is Altan just moving in, or do you want to write him as having been a long-time resident? He seems to be the sort who moves around a lot, so I'd think the former, but I don't want to be presumptuous. :)
@MotherOfOmens

Sure! I'll happily put you on the pinglist. :) As I told the others, I'm a little busy with my life right now, so I haven't been able to work on anything extensive like this rp lately. I'll get on it when I can, so please be patient. I'm happy to broaden your rp horizons, though! I haven't checked, but I'm pretty sure the town doesn't have a blacksmith yet. Is Altan just moving in, or do you want to write him as having been a long-time resident? He seems to be the sort who moves around a lot, so I'd think the former, but I don't want to be presumptuous. :)
@Cryoluxa
Oh yeah no worries! Take your time, we’ll all be here waiting for you!
I think he would be just recently moving in because he is an adventurous lad, mostly for the sole purpose of finding the ‘right one’.
@Cryoluxa
Oh yeah no worries! Take your time, we’ll all be here waiting for you!
I think he would be just recently moving in because he is an adventurous lad, mostly for the sole purpose of finding the ‘right one’.
RMVPi3d.png
@Cryoluxa

RL should always come first, so take as much time as you need! Also sorry it took me so long to reply, I usually stick to my Clan and Gather pages and for some reason the notifications refused to update until I went to the main page.
@Cryoluxa

RL should always come first, so take as much time as you need! Also sorry it took me so long to reply, I usually stick to my Clan and Gather pages and for some reason the notifications refused to update until I went to the main page.
tumblr_inline_nc6dja0nO51scrvs1.gif
@Cryoluxa

This is a really awesome rp! (I still gots to go read through every single rp here but I've read all the general lore and I LOVE it!)

I'd consider joining, I have three whole groups I could pile in (but I won't because that's a lot of dragons :')), but I'd prefer throwing the most of them in as an organization instead of individual dragons.

I have all of Strikeflame clan which is my entire first tab, they're a thief clan that steal materials from clans all over Sorneith for their own creations because they're lazy and can't be bothered to make it themselves. They're also a bunch of liars, mercenaries and murderers. Lovely, aren't they. They wander around a ton for their little thief quests and are quite infamous in the normal Sorneith that they come from. They're fearsome, hidden, powerful and extremely cocky. All of them. If I threw them in I'd be curious about interactions between them and other dragons XD They'd be an organization that I'd register in the outlaws part of the rp.

The second are all the dragons in my majestic snowies tab, who are all mercenary-esq dragons who are dedicated to removing 'evil' in whatever way is necessary. They'll hand dragons they catch over to authorities, or even kill or trap them themselves. The leader, Baikal, considers the actions of her clan justified no matter what, in the name of the Icewarden and justice. They're like morally grey, stuck in their own views, 'doing this as the Icewarden would ask' dragons. None of them have lore, which means they are up for development. I'd probably put them as an organization like Strikeflame? But I don't know.

I'm just throwing this up here to see what you think of it, because I'm curious and would love to throw all of these absolute fools into your world! Do not feel obliged to like them, consider accepting them or anything else. My curiosity doesn't mean that I expect to be accepted. (This isn't even an actual form XD More just a curious question/suggestion).

Ediiit: The thieves reside in an underground lair in the Shifting Expanse, but can just as easily move around if they hear that there's good technology elsewhere. They're like crows.

The snowies also move around but they mainly reside in the Southern Icefields. They're snowy dragons after all!
@Cryoluxa

This is a really awesome rp! (I still gots to go read through every single rp here but I've read all the general lore and I LOVE it!)

I'd consider joining, I have three whole groups I could pile in (but I won't because that's a lot of dragons :')), but I'd prefer throwing the most of them in as an organization instead of individual dragons.

I have all of Strikeflame clan which is my entire first tab, they're a thief clan that steal materials from clans all over Sorneith for their own creations because they're lazy and can't be bothered to make it themselves. They're also a bunch of liars, mercenaries and murderers. Lovely, aren't they. They wander around a ton for their little thief quests and are quite infamous in the normal Sorneith that they come from. They're fearsome, hidden, powerful and extremely cocky. All of them. If I threw them in I'd be curious about interactions between them and other dragons XD They'd be an organization that I'd register in the outlaws part of the rp.

The second are all the dragons in my majestic snowies tab, who are all mercenary-esq dragons who are dedicated to removing 'evil' in whatever way is necessary. They'll hand dragons they catch over to authorities, or even kill or trap them themselves. The leader, Baikal, considers the actions of her clan justified no matter what, in the name of the Icewarden and justice. They're like morally grey, stuck in their own views, 'doing this as the Icewarden would ask' dragons. None of them have lore, which means they are up for development. I'd probably put them as an organization like Strikeflame? But I don't know.

I'm just throwing this up here to see what you think of it, because I'm curious and would love to throw all of these absolute fools into your world! Do not feel obliged to like them, consider accepting them or anything else. My curiosity doesn't mean that I expect to be accepted. (This isn't even an actual form XD More just a curious question/suggestion).

Ediiit: The thieves reside in an underground lair in the Shifting Expanse, but can just as easily move around if they hear that there's good technology elsewhere. They're like crows.

The snowies also move around but they mainly reside in the Southern Icefields. They're snowy dragons after all!
|Art Shop
SZ6yYcj.png
[b]Dragon:[/b][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=51775316] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/517754/51775316_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]Name:[/b] croc [b]Age:[/b] 400 years [b]Residence:[/b] N/A [b]Role:[/b] traveling mage [b]Personality:[/b] short tempered,sweet heart,very cold to people but loves company,will at time forget what's he doing [b]Backstory:[/b] ever since he was hatched he has been on the road with his father, he started to do magic when he was a a teen or a young wing. He went on his own when he was about 100 and he began to sell his potions, he slowly became famous after a rich Dragon bought his potion [b]Special notes:[/b] he has bags of herbs and stuff on it around him at all times [b]Player Type:[/b] I'm a Quester
Dragon:
51775316_350.png

Name: croc
Residence: N/A
Role: traveling mage
Personality: short tempered,sweet heart,very cold to people but loves company,will at time forget what's he doing
Backstory: ever since he was hatched he has been on the road with his father, he started to do magic when he was a a teen or a young wing. He went on his own when he was about 100 and he began to sell his potions, he slowly became famous after a rich Dragon bought his potion
Special notes: he has bags of herbs and stuff on it around him at all times
Player Type: I'm a Quester
Have a great day/night!
?R1MKY=party_oras.png
@GenesisReborn @akrimau @FrostSol @Alew

Okay, so, my life is just super busy right now and I really don't know when I'll be able to resume putting my full attention on a project this big. That doesn't mean I can't pay any attention to it, but for a little while, I may just be on the managerial side of things (such as working with new signups or giving advice.) I hate disappointing your expectations, which is why I'm saying this, rather than continuing to try right now. Life is just too darn busy to allow it for the time being.

Please, everyone, remember that this is an rp hub, not just an rp. That means that you guys can interact with each other's dragons without my involvement. It just takes a bit of reading, some inquiring and, of course, initiative! I hope that, while I'm busy and the main story is on hold, you all continue to enjoy the hub and its features!

@MotherOfOmens @Superwolfycat @QuetzalMuse

The above bit contains information that could be helpful to you, too.

As for your applications, I'll do what I can to go through them and make sure everything's ironed out for their entry. Let me know at any time if you're no longer interested in joining this hub and I'll leave you alone.

Now, onto the individual signups!

MotherOfOmens:
Aha! Indeed, Eightleaf does not have a blacksmith yet! I can put him in as a blacksmith who recently moved into town, if you're still interested. I can't think of anything else that needs addressing at the moment, and if anything comes up, we can worth through it together. Feel free to ask me if you need any help with anything related to this hub (pointers, prompts, rp-starters, etc.) especially since you're just trying to get into rp (as per one of your last posts here.) Reading the lore will be most helpful, if you haven't already. And, of course, please confirm if you're still interested; I'll only add Altan to the list after that. :)

QuetzalMuse:
I'm glad to see you're interested (as per your last post, anyway.)! Personally, I think that, in order to have any depth to a setting/lore you need a big cast. Your Strikeflame dragons sound really interesting, but that's a lot for one person to manage. Best to wade into the water before swimming, instead of jumping straight in, I think. You can still register the group, of course, especially on the Fortress of Ends page, if you think the dragons there would know about them (it sounds like they might.) Even if you don't, though, it sounds like they could keep Quester-type rpers busy here! There's some great potential for good stories there.

Likewise, you have a natural balancing force there with your Majestic Snowies. You don't want to accidentally overpower the group to the point where other rpers aren't having any fun, after all, which is where they could come in and offer support. This way, you don't break your canon by giving this supposedly great cyndacate the idiot ball or making them somehow lose to a couple dragons. It's like adding extras in a movie to fill out an army, while the story could center around the rpers' characters. All the better that they're happy to cooperate with the police force.

Personally, I think your dragons would go icely- er, nicely into this world. :) Just remember that in the Eightleaf layer, the Icewarden doesn't meet with many dragons, and it's mostly the police, who work for him, who hear from him regarding their orders (besides the standing orders of "keep law and order in your assigned locations.") Best to sign up some feature characters, though. I recommend putting at least Baikal in as a signup here, and the leader of Strikeflame/Striekflame itself in the Fortress of Ends thread.

Superwolfycat:
In the Eightleaf layer, dragons' magicial innate abilities are limited to the individual's element, but it sounds like he's more into alchemy if he's brewing things. You mention specific ages (100 and 400.) In your mind, how does that translate to your dragon's physicality? Do you consider him to be a young adult, or perhaps a very old elder?

To all:

I'll still try to be as involved as I can! So, my even participating a little bit in rp's isn't out of the question. I just don't want to get anyone's hopes up and then drop the ball.
@GenesisReborn @akrimau @FrostSol @Alew

Okay, so, my life is just super busy right now and I really don't know when I'll be able to resume putting my full attention on a project this big. That doesn't mean I can't pay any attention to it, but for a little while, I may just be on the managerial side of things (such as working with new signups or giving advice.) I hate disappointing your expectations, which is why I'm saying this, rather than continuing to try right now. Life is just too darn busy to allow it for the time being.

Please, everyone, remember that this is an rp hub, not just an rp. That means that you guys can interact with each other's dragons without my involvement. It just takes a bit of reading, some inquiring and, of course, initiative! I hope that, while I'm busy and the main story is on hold, you all continue to enjoy the hub and its features!

@MotherOfOmens @Superwolfycat @QuetzalMuse

The above bit contains information that could be helpful to you, too.

As for your applications, I'll do what I can to go through them and make sure everything's ironed out for their entry. Let me know at any time if you're no longer interested in joining this hub and I'll leave you alone.

Now, onto the individual signups!

MotherOfOmens:
Aha! Indeed, Eightleaf does not have a blacksmith yet! I can put him in as a blacksmith who recently moved into town, if you're still interested. I can't think of anything else that needs addressing at the moment, and if anything comes up, we can worth through it together. Feel free to ask me if you need any help with anything related to this hub (pointers, prompts, rp-starters, etc.) especially since you're just trying to get into rp (as per one of your last posts here.) Reading the lore will be most helpful, if you haven't already. And, of course, please confirm if you're still interested; I'll only add Altan to the list after that. :)

QuetzalMuse:
I'm glad to see you're interested (as per your last post, anyway.)! Personally, I think that, in order to have any depth to a setting/lore you need a big cast. Your Strikeflame dragons sound really interesting, but that's a lot for one person to manage. Best to wade into the water before swimming, instead of jumping straight in, I think. You can still register the group, of course, especially on the Fortress of Ends page, if you think the dragons there would know about them (it sounds like they might.) Even if you don't, though, it sounds like they could keep Quester-type rpers busy here! There's some great potential for good stories there.

Likewise, you have a natural balancing force there with your Majestic Snowies. You don't want to accidentally overpower the group to the point where other rpers aren't having any fun, after all, which is where they could come in and offer support. This way, you don't break your canon by giving this supposedly great cyndacate the idiot ball or making them somehow lose to a couple dragons. It's like adding extras in a movie to fill out an army, while the story could center around the rpers' characters. All the better that they're happy to cooperate with the police force.

Personally, I think your dragons would go icely- er, nicely into this world. :) Just remember that in the Eightleaf layer, the Icewarden doesn't meet with many dragons, and it's mostly the police, who work for him, who hear from him regarding their orders (besides the standing orders of "keep law and order in your assigned locations.") Best to sign up some feature characters, though. I recommend putting at least Baikal in as a signup here, and the leader of Strikeflame/Striekflame itself in the Fortress of Ends thread.

Superwolfycat:
In the Eightleaf layer, dragons' magicial innate abilities are limited to the individual's element, but it sounds like he's more into alchemy if he's brewing things. You mention specific ages (100 and 400.) In your mind, how does that translate to your dragon's physicality? Do you consider him to be a young adult, or perhaps a very old elder?

To all:

I'll still try to be as involved as I can! So, my even participating a little bit in rp's isn't out of the question. I just don't want to get anyone's hopes up and then drop the ball.
@Cryoluxa

For sure, I definitely wouldn't be taking on every single dragon in Strikeflame, there are so many of them! Mostly, it's only a select few who venture away from the Shifting Expanse. Those dragons include Earnest, Spectrum, Furclaw, Regal, Void, Gaiser and Galaxy. Most of the time the two guardians are simply silent and standing there, there's not much else they do because they don't really speak so often. They're more or less like statue bodyguards. Gaiser is more like a 'pet' than anything, so she wouldn't talk either, probably be more of a side character in a way. It's mostly Spectrum, Earnest, Galaxy and Furclaw who speak and do all the dangerous things.

I like the idea that they would be on the side as more of a quest type group, I would want to put more in depth development in for the snowies and simply have the thieves there as more of a thing that other rpers can enjoy messing around with if there's not much else to do. Mostly, I would probably leave them up so that people might show interest in a small quest-type plot involving them, in which case I could mess around with them a bit.

I would be very interested in putting my ice clan in for sign ups, so that I would be able to build on them a ton. And I agree! It's really good that they're a neutral force, not good or bad, and can cooperate with the police force. It probably means that other people in the rp would be able to interact with them as if they're more on the side like Strikeflame, though still they'd be the dragons I rely on most for bigger interactions.

There's no need to worry about anything involving the Icewarden and my ice clan, they've never met him once in their lives, but they believe that because he is the deity of the ice element and that because the clan was gifted with the element of ice, that they are meant to serve him.

I'll see which dragons I might want to use as my mains for the ice clan (which still needs a name mind you :')), but otherwise I would probably still have minor appearances of the others just so that I would be able to develop them all a bit, if that's alright with you?

(Also, do emperors apply to this Sorneith? Because the ice clan has a member who is an emperor who is completely frozen over and seems to act more like a mindless zombie than any actual threat. It just obeys the orders of the queen and king of the ice clan, not actively seeking out murder and chaos. It's fine if that stuff isn't allowed though, it's a recent member so it's not too fleshed out, like the others. Easily skipped over if not!)

Edit: I am very tired so I apologize if any of this sounds dumb or like I'm not making sense :')

Wow. I'm so tired that I accidentally pinged myself and then wondered why I had a notification that took me to my own post.
@Cryoluxa

For sure, I definitely wouldn't be taking on every single dragon in Strikeflame, there are so many of them! Mostly, it's only a select few who venture away from the Shifting Expanse. Those dragons include Earnest, Spectrum, Furclaw, Regal, Void, Gaiser and Galaxy. Most of the time the two guardians are simply silent and standing there, there's not much else they do because they don't really speak so often. They're more or less like statue bodyguards. Gaiser is more like a 'pet' than anything, so she wouldn't talk either, probably be more of a side character in a way. It's mostly Spectrum, Earnest, Galaxy and Furclaw who speak and do all the dangerous things.

I like the idea that they would be on the side as more of a quest type group, I would want to put more in depth development in for the snowies and simply have the thieves there as more of a thing that other rpers can enjoy messing around with if there's not much else to do. Mostly, I would probably leave them up so that people might show interest in a small quest-type plot involving them, in which case I could mess around with them a bit.

I would be very interested in putting my ice clan in for sign ups, so that I would be able to build on them a ton. And I agree! It's really good that they're a neutral force, not good or bad, and can cooperate with the police force. It probably means that other people in the rp would be able to interact with them as if they're more on the side like Strikeflame, though still they'd be the dragons I rely on most for bigger interactions.

There's no need to worry about anything involving the Icewarden and my ice clan, they've never met him once in their lives, but they believe that because he is the deity of the ice element and that because the clan was gifted with the element of ice, that they are meant to serve him.

I'll see which dragons I might want to use as my mains for the ice clan (which still needs a name mind you :')), but otherwise I would probably still have minor appearances of the others just so that I would be able to develop them all a bit, if that's alright with you?

(Also, do emperors apply to this Sorneith? Because the ice clan has a member who is an emperor who is completely frozen over and seems to act more like a mindless zombie than any actual threat. It just obeys the orders of the queen and king of the ice clan, not actively seeking out murder and chaos. It's fine if that stuff isn't allowed though, it's a recent member so it's not too fleshed out, like the others. Easily skipped over if not!)

Edit: I am very tired so I apologize if any of this sounds dumb or like I'm not making sense :')

Wow. I'm so tired that I accidentally pinged myself and then wondered why I had a notification that took me to my own post.
|Art Shop
SZ6yYcj.png
@QuetzalMuse

XD Get some sleep! I'll go ahead and answer some things right now, though.

Emperors are a thing that can be on the Eightleaf layer. However, currently, there aren't any. (At least, not ones as described by the Raising a Family bit that the FR staff wrote.) Your frozen one sounds like it's okay to exist on the layer, though. Thanks for asking!

I'm happy to see you're still so excited about this, too. XD I could easily see you running some rp's to keep people busy while I'm busy with rl stuff. This looks like it'll work out splendidly! You sure seem to have the go-get'em attitude for it, heheh! So far, everything seems okay. I've no problem with you using the hub to develop your characters. I think it's a great ambition, and I'm happy the hub can be used for something that productive. :) If I reread and find something later in what you wrote that needs addressing, I'll let you know. In the meantime, go ahead and take a look in your lair to pick some focus characters. This sounds like it's going to be fun. :)
@QuetzalMuse

XD Get some sleep! I'll go ahead and answer some things right now, though.

Emperors are a thing that can be on the Eightleaf layer. However, currently, there aren't any. (At least, not ones as described by the Raising a Family bit that the FR staff wrote.) Your frozen one sounds like it's okay to exist on the layer, though. Thanks for asking!

I'm happy to see you're still so excited about this, too. XD I could easily see you running some rp's to keep people busy while I'm busy with rl stuff. This looks like it'll work out splendidly! You sure seem to have the go-get'em attitude for it, heheh! So far, everything seems okay. I've no problem with you using the hub to develop your characters. I think it's a great ambition, and I'm happy the hub can be used for something that productive. :) If I reread and find something later in what you wrote that needs addressing, I'll let you know. In the meantime, go ahead and take a look in your lair to pick some focus characters. This sounds like it's going to be fun. :)
@Cryoluxa
Whoops! Sorry for a late reply! I think I'll back out of this for now... I've been really really busy with school and figuring my life out that I completely abandoned my FR account for a few months and didn't really have much interest in logging back on until just recently out of the blue, and I feel like I might not want to join a RP until I know I'll be active. Sorry again! Maybe if I can get back into the swing of things I'll actually have time to join in the future.
@Cryoluxa
Whoops! Sorry for a late reply! I think I'll back out of this for now... I've been really really busy with school and figuring my life out that I completely abandoned my FR account for a few months and didn't really have much interest in logging back on until just recently out of the blue, and I feel like I might not want to join a RP until I know I'll be active. Sorry again! Maybe if I can get back into the swing of things I'll actually have time to join in the future.
RMVPi3d.png
1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16