Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Through Fire and Flames (open)
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 15 16
(Yes, you both may! Have a look through the last few posts to see where we are and feel free to introduce your characters.)
(Yes, you both may! Have a look through the last few posts to see where we are and feel free to introduce your characters.)
Ok!
Ok!
Yui, her runemarked and stardappled wings gliding through the wind sighed lowly as she neared the camp, a sheep between her large grey and pink maw, ivory dentals glinting in the sun as she stopped at Thalassa, blood dappling her claws, tears in her runescaped wings, her long legs riddled with gashes and scrapes.

"They attacked."

Yui dropped the sheep, blood from her lungs dripping from her mouth, her eyes almost cloudy as her pink and brown scales shimmered with blood. Her blue eyes were dilated into slits, her leg wraps torn as she collapsed in exhaustion.

A chunk of her tail was missing, her breath shallow as she lay in the grass. Her legs sprawled helplessly on the bailiwick.

http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/296578/29657700_350.png?mtime=WHMA9QACe1s
Yui, her runemarked and stardappled wings gliding through the wind sighed lowly as she neared the camp, a sheep between her large grey and pink maw, ivory dentals glinting in the sun as she stopped at Thalassa, blood dappling her claws, tears in her runescaped wings, her long legs riddled with gashes and scrapes.

"They attacked."

Yui dropped the sheep, blood from her lungs dripping from her mouth, her eyes almost cloudy as her pink and brown scales shimmered with blood. Her blue eyes were dilated into slits, her leg wraps torn as she collapsed in exhaustion.

A chunk of her tail was missing, her breath shallow as she lay in the grass. Her legs sprawled helplessly on the bailiwick.

http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/296578/29657700_350.png?mtime=WHMA9QACe1s
(@Kilowattdreams Welcome! Just so you know, we're not following Flight Rising lore, instead making up the story as we go along. bellancawings is the originator of this RP, I suggest reading the first few posts to get an idea of the general setting and clan lore. Let's see, that's Here and Here.

@Sunpaw if you were still interested in joining, we'd be happy to include you, too! Just introduce a character (or two or three or four...) and have fun!)

Jumping in fright at the sudden appearance of the blood-soaked female, Thalassa tore her eyes away from Dusk to take in the grisly sight before her. Quickly bounding over to where the glimmering dragon lay, Thalassa took stock of the damage. Blood pooled out from the runemarked dragon's mouth and gashes in her hide, forming a frighteningly large puddle underneath her body.

She must have been out hunting... Thalassa thought to herself, noting the bloody sheep. "Who attacked? Where? Was it the egg thieves?" She said aloud to the gasping mess before her, then beckoned over one of the other dragons and ordered them to get bandages and call the clan doctor immediately. They couldn't move her for fear of aggravating her wounds and causing more damage. The doctoring would have to take place right here, on the training field.

"Oh, what perfect timing... Right before we're about to head to the clan meet." Thalassa muttered to herself, glancing around at Blu and Rosencrantz.
(@Kilowattdreams Welcome! Just so you know, we're not following Flight Rising lore, instead making up the story as we go along. bellancawings is the originator of this RP, I suggest reading the first few posts to get an idea of the general setting and clan lore. Let's see, that's Here and Here.

@Sunpaw if you were still interested in joining, we'd be happy to include you, too! Just introduce a character (or two or three or four...) and have fun!)

Jumping in fright at the sudden appearance of the blood-soaked female, Thalassa tore her eyes away from Dusk to take in the grisly sight before her. Quickly bounding over to where the glimmering dragon lay, Thalassa took stock of the damage. Blood pooled out from the runemarked dragon's mouth and gashes in her hide, forming a frighteningly large puddle underneath her body.

She must have been out hunting... Thalassa thought to herself, noting the bloody sheep. "Who attacked? Where? Was it the egg thieves?" She said aloud to the gasping mess before her, then beckoned over one of the other dragons and ordered them to get bandages and call the clan doctor immediately. They couldn't move her for fear of aggravating her wounds and causing more damage. The doctoring would have to take place right here, on the training field.

"Oh, what perfect timing... Right before we're about to head to the clan meet." Thalassa muttered to herself, glancing around at Blu and Rosencrantz.
zyvrj7C.png rkylBBV.png x0CMhAc.png
The blood around her harshly stung to the grass, giving off a red hue on the green terrain.
The blood around her harshly stung to the grass, giving off a red hue on the green terrain.
Thalassa kept watch over the injured dragon, hoping she'd have answers to the multitude of questions popping into her head. The ramifications for this attack could be serious. It may be the beginning of a raid on the clan, with the attackers hoping the strongest warriors would be gone at the clan meet. Anxious, the black-and-white dragon shifted from foot to foot as the doctor hurried to the pool of blood and began working his magic on the dragon half-drowning in her own blood.

Hoping the dragon didn't pass out from blood loss, Thalassa tried questioning her again as she was being cared for. "Who attacked you? How many of them?" Her tone was soft, almost motherly, as she attempted to calm the bleeding dragon long enough to get the answers she sought.
Thalassa kept watch over the injured dragon, hoping she'd have answers to the multitude of questions popping into her head. The ramifications for this attack could be serious. It may be the beginning of a raid on the clan, with the attackers hoping the strongest warriors would be gone at the clan meet. Anxious, the black-and-white dragon shifted from foot to foot as the doctor hurried to the pool of blood and began working his magic on the dragon half-drowning in her own blood.

Hoping the dragon didn't pass out from blood loss, Thalassa tried questioning her again as she was being cared for. "Who attacked you? How many of them?" Her tone was soft, almost motherly, as she attempted to calm the bleeding dragon long enough to get the answers she sought.
Looking at the dragon’s by Dusk’s side he noted all of their reactions. Blu was among the dragons that he had spoken to, so it was no surprise that he was used to his usual antics. He would keep note that Thalassa kept her composure when she first saw him. He nodded slowly to Dusk, it seems all was well and they were ready to depart. “Perfect. Then we shall depart of the sky tree-” The shadowy dragon words were interrupted by the new arrival; what unfortunate timing.

He thought about her words, but there was barely any time left to ask questions as they had to leave soon, if not immediately for the meet. “It seems a problem has arisen. Dusk I will let you handle this.” he whispered as he began to back fade into the shadows. Before he completely vanished he said one last thing “I shall meet you all in flight towards the sky tree.” and was gone. He wondered what did such horrible damage to Yui, which meant they might have to keep their guards up during the journey. Once they were en route he knew Dusk would tell him what had happened. He had to think of the dragoness words and condition, he might have to bring it up at the meeting.

“Ah that one…” he said with hesitance. “She’s a strange one, joined the caravan a couple of days ago, but she has a strangeness about her.” The older dragon thought back on how she presented herself and acted. She always kept to herself mostly and hated to converse unnecessarily, she also always had her guards up for whatever reason. It seemed like she was hiding something, but Korinth never was one to pry. He was a little surprised by the nickname, but he laughed in response.

“Ah! I haven’t heard anyone call me that in a long time.” he said with toothy grin, “Brings back a lot of memories, good memories.” he answered looking at the sky. Stars starting to appear as the sun disappeared over the horizon some time ago. “Now that I’m older time seems to move slower than ever, or maybe it’s because this clan is quiet. Not a lot of things happen because we’re all so careful nowadays. Especially with the egg thieves around.” His tone had become sour at the end, tightening his paws into fists. It hadn't happen to him personally, but it was never good to see a mother cry from her lost clutch. It was heartbreaking to witness.

Now that Guro has found a perfect place to watch over the caravan she began to make herself comfortable. She was a good distance but she had a good bird's eye view of most of the caravan. “Now let’s see if anything happens to night, considering what the meetings about and that all clans must attend…” she said to herself with an evil grin. The egg thieves might get ahead of themselves since the strongest of the clan heads have gone, heck some dragon might even raise hell for kicks because of it. It has been a boring week for her, she was hoping something would happen tonight.

Brangwen sniffed the air as he slowly made his way around. His teeth showing through his disfigured face which he usually hid under a mask, not wanting scare the hatchlings if they ever looked at him. Everyone once in awhile he would go to the library to look up scrolls on magic, magic that could help fix him. He was disfigured from birth and had always looked the way he is now, nobody had ever trusted him or put faith in him, all because of his physical appearance. if he hadn’t learned to cheat, lie, and steal he would have perished a long time ago.

However everything changed for him when he managed to sneak into this clan when he was still a young dragon, Brangwen was caught off guard by the crystal guard Lorde. He was then taken to meet with the leaders; Annria and Annelie who would decide his punishment for his attempted crimes. He was prepared to lie his way out of the mess he had gotten into, but kindness was the last thing he expected from them. When he showed the sisters his face they didn’t grimace at the mere sight of him like he was used to. They welcomed him with open arms and accepted him despite his looks, which not even his parents could. Ever since that day Brangwen had been loyal to them and the clan, although old habits were hard to break.

His ears twitched when he heard the flapping of wings from behind him. He quickly turned to see one of the clan-- No, one of his saviors flying towards him. He turned around and bowed his head to Annelie as she approached, “Good evening, it’s always pleasure to see you.”

((@EmeraldDragon13 you can keep pinging me if you want, I've subscribed to the thread so you don't have to, but it's good to get an extra reminder since most of our characters are interacting with one another.))
Looking at the dragon’s by Dusk’s side he noted all of their reactions. Blu was among the dragons that he had spoken to, so it was no surprise that he was used to his usual antics. He would keep note that Thalassa kept her composure when she first saw him. He nodded slowly to Dusk, it seems all was well and they were ready to depart. “Perfect. Then we shall depart of the sky tree-” The shadowy dragon words were interrupted by the new arrival; what unfortunate timing.

He thought about her words, but there was barely any time left to ask questions as they had to leave soon, if not immediately for the meet. “It seems a problem has arisen. Dusk I will let you handle this.” he whispered as he began to back fade into the shadows. Before he completely vanished he said one last thing “I shall meet you all in flight towards the sky tree.” and was gone. He wondered what did such horrible damage to Yui, which meant they might have to keep their guards up during the journey. Once they were en route he knew Dusk would tell him what had happened. He had to think of the dragoness words and condition, he might have to bring it up at the meeting.

“Ah that one…” he said with hesitance. “She’s a strange one, joined the caravan a couple of days ago, but she has a strangeness about her.” The older dragon thought back on how she presented herself and acted. She always kept to herself mostly and hated to converse unnecessarily, she also always had her guards up for whatever reason. It seemed like she was hiding something, but Korinth never was one to pry. He was a little surprised by the nickname, but he laughed in response.

“Ah! I haven’t heard anyone call me that in a long time.” he said with toothy grin, “Brings back a lot of memories, good memories.” he answered looking at the sky. Stars starting to appear as the sun disappeared over the horizon some time ago. “Now that I’m older time seems to move slower than ever, or maybe it’s because this clan is quiet. Not a lot of things happen because we’re all so careful nowadays. Especially with the egg thieves around.” His tone had become sour at the end, tightening his paws into fists. It hadn't happen to him personally, but it was never good to see a mother cry from her lost clutch. It was heartbreaking to witness.

Now that Guro has found a perfect place to watch over the caravan she began to make herself comfortable. She was a good distance but she had a good bird's eye view of most of the caravan. “Now let’s see if anything happens to night, considering what the meetings about and that all clans must attend…” she said to herself with an evil grin. The egg thieves might get ahead of themselves since the strongest of the clan heads have gone, heck some dragon might even raise hell for kicks because of it. It has been a boring week for her, she was hoping something would happen tonight.

Brangwen sniffed the air as he slowly made his way around. His teeth showing through his disfigured face which he usually hid under a mask, not wanting scare the hatchlings if they ever looked at him. Everyone once in awhile he would go to the library to look up scrolls on magic, magic that could help fix him. He was disfigured from birth and had always looked the way he is now, nobody had ever trusted him or put faith in him, all because of his physical appearance. if he hadn’t learned to cheat, lie, and steal he would have perished a long time ago.

However everything changed for him when he managed to sneak into this clan when he was still a young dragon, Brangwen was caught off guard by the crystal guard Lorde. He was then taken to meet with the leaders; Annria and Annelie who would decide his punishment for his attempted crimes. He was prepared to lie his way out of the mess he had gotten into, but kindness was the last thing he expected from them. When he showed the sisters his face they didn’t grimace at the mere sight of him like he was used to. They welcomed him with open arms and accepted him despite his looks, which not even his parents could. Ever since that day Brangwen had been loyal to them and the clan, although old habits were hard to break.

His ears twitched when he heard the flapping of wings from behind him. He quickly turned to see one of the clan-- No, one of his saviors flying towards him. He turned around and bowed his head to Annelie as she approached, “Good evening, it’s always pleasure to see you.”

((@EmeraldDragon13 you can keep pinging me if you want, I've subscribed to the thread so you don't have to, but it's good to get an extra reminder since most of our characters are interacting with one another.))
(( Hello everyone! I was wondering if this RP was still open for some more writers. I am comfortable taking up already created dragons that Emeralddragon13 mentioned or creating a new character.

I have role played extensively previously however never on Flight Rising. As for post frequency I will probably write once a day, when appropriate, and if anything interrupts that I will mention as such. If I receive the OK I'll finish reading the rest of the story so far and post an introduction. ))
(( Hello everyone! I was wondering if this RP was still open for some more writers. I am comfortable taking up already created dragons that Emeralddragon13 mentioned or creating a new character.

I have role played extensively previously however never on Flight Rising. As for post frequency I will probably write once a day, when appropriate, and if anything interrupts that I will mention as such. If I receive the OK I'll finish reading the rest of the story so far and post an introduction. ))
mhsig_by_kiwicide-dcfqzrp.png
" I don't know, dragons flooded the sky around me diving, their claws alone not doing much damage, but the multitude of the dragons that kept putting scrapes in me got it. The cuts got deeper as the dragons kept swiping. Though there were only five, they got to me. I panicked and sliced one dragons wrist open by accident, but after they tore cuts in mg wings I began to drop down from the sky, so they left me for dead. How I got back here, I just pumped my wings as hard as I could."

Yui responded to Thalassa, the blood around her glimmering less harshly, but still seeping from her wounds. Her wings remained sprawled, their brown and pink membrane torn violently. Her icy blue eyes closed, plagued with endless fatigue as she sighed, her breathing normal.
" I don't know, dragons flooded the sky around me diving, their claws alone not doing much damage, but the multitude of the dragons that kept putting scrapes in me got it. The cuts got deeper as the dragons kept swiping. Though there were only five, they got to me. I panicked and sliced one dragons wrist open by accident, but after they tore cuts in mg wings I began to drop down from the sky, so they left me for dead. How I got back here, I just pumped my wings as hard as I could."

Yui responded to Thalassa, the blood around her glimmering less harshly, but still seeping from her wounds. Her wings remained sprawled, their brown and pink membrane torn violently. Her icy blue eyes closed, plagued with endless fatigue as she sighed, her breathing normal.
Bowing to the shadowy dragon as he disappeared, Dusk turned and stalked over to Yui. She did look pretty beaten up, though he could tell that the wounds weren't severe enough to end her life. The medicine dragon who tended her was currently wrapping her tail in a tight bandage of cloth. "You said there were 5 dragons who attacked you?" Dusk boomed as he approached, "That is indeed troubling news..." his voice was loud as a thunderclap to those in his near vicinity. The sudden loudness of his voice made Thalassa jump, as she hadn't noticed him approach. She had been too focused on trying to comfort the poor beaten-up dragon who had collapsed at her feet.

Thalassa glanced at Dusk, eyes narrowing as he bent down to examine Yui's wounds. She knew he was looking for any indication as to who the attackers had been, but she couldn't do the same as she hadn't met too many dragons from outside the clan. "Troubling news?" She asked warily, measuring his response, "How so?"

"Well," Dusk began, head swooping around to give Thalassa some attention at last, "It was agreed that each clan leader would take a flight of 5 dragons to the Sky Tree for the meeting tonight." He gazed back down at the blood-soaked dragon at his feet, eyes hard and calculating. "If Yui was attacked by 5 dragons, it could very well be a flight making their way to the Sky Tree." He sighed, but it sounded more like a growl. Noticing the sun dip below the horizon, Dusk grumbled in an agitated voice, "Of course, it could be any number of dragons who did this, from hunting parties to egg-thiefs. In any case, we need to get moving."

Moving a short distance away from Yui, who was almost all patched up by the medicine dragon (who was simultaneously shooing away a few curious hatchlings who had wandered away from their mother to see the interesting sight of a wounded dragon), Dusk spread his wings and boomed in his loud voice, "Blu, Rosencrantz, Thalassa, with me. We shall meet our leader in the air on the way to the Sky Tree." With that, he leaped into the air and lifted himself to a gliding altitude with a few powerful strokes of his dark-striped wings. He didn't look back to see if the others were following him, but trusted that they were.

Thalassa thanked the medicine dragon for his work and nudged Yui with her muzzle, whispering, "strength, brave one. You're in good hands, now rest up." She turned and walked a short distance away, nodding to Blu and Rosencrantz, then took a running start and leaped into the air after Dusk, flapping steadily to keep up with him. They were on their way at last to the clan meeting, and though the attack on Yui had been startling, Thalassa couldn't be more excited to finally be meeting other clans.

(@LazyChimera, @bellancawings, @Kilowattdreams)
~~~

Enjoying the company of his old friend, Silas was delighted to find that the warrior still regarded him as a good friend with fond memories of their time together. It hadn't all been fun and games, but they had worked well together through many troubling times. "Hmm, yes. This egg thief business is indeed an unusual happening." He replied to the old dragon's sour tone, noting the fists that he'd clenched. Silas was sure that Ko would rip apart any egg thieves that tried making their way to the caravan's eggs, and part of him was excited to see it happen. Of course, a peaceful night would be best, as then no one would have to suffer.

Nibbling thoughtfully on the cold carcass of his deer, Silas mused, "You know, just earlier today I tried seeing how hard it was to liberate the eggs from a nest of birds surrounding a tree." He gingerly spread his wings and flicked his tail into view, taking stock of the small scratches covering his body and wing membranes. "Even though they were just birds, they still defended their nests fiercely against a much larger foe." A cheeky grin spread across Silas's face, "This caravan is like that swarm of birds. If anything happens here, warriors like you will defend the unborn with staunch determination and fury. The eggs couldn't be safer with so many dragons around to defend them."

Gazing up at the stars, he hoped that his words were true enough, and provided some comfort to his old friend. "Plus, if anything happens tonight while the leaders are away, you'll have me to help as well. I guess it's a good thing I happened to be in the area."
~~~

Alighting on a flat section of ground, Annelie folded her wings as she pranced toward the cunning thug of a dragon before her. "Brangwen! Lovely to see you again." She responded to his greeting. "All's well, I take it?" She started off, then quickly followed up with her real intention, "I'd like you to fly with us to the Sky Tree tonight. The clans are gathering to discuss the egg thieving incidents, and you would be invaluable to us in determining the intentions of the other clans." Annelie stroked the feathers at the end of her tail as she said this, readying her primaries for the long flight ahead.
Bowing to the shadowy dragon as he disappeared, Dusk turned and stalked over to Yui. She did look pretty beaten up, though he could tell that the wounds weren't severe enough to end her life. The medicine dragon who tended her was currently wrapping her tail in a tight bandage of cloth. "You said there were 5 dragons who attacked you?" Dusk boomed as he approached, "That is indeed troubling news..." his voice was loud as a thunderclap to those in his near vicinity. The sudden loudness of his voice made Thalassa jump, as she hadn't noticed him approach. She had been too focused on trying to comfort the poor beaten-up dragon who had collapsed at her feet.

Thalassa glanced at Dusk, eyes narrowing as he bent down to examine Yui's wounds. She knew he was looking for any indication as to who the attackers had been, but she couldn't do the same as she hadn't met too many dragons from outside the clan. "Troubling news?" She asked warily, measuring his response, "How so?"

"Well," Dusk began, head swooping around to give Thalassa some attention at last, "It was agreed that each clan leader would take a flight of 5 dragons to the Sky Tree for the meeting tonight." He gazed back down at the blood-soaked dragon at his feet, eyes hard and calculating. "If Yui was attacked by 5 dragons, it could very well be a flight making their way to the Sky Tree." He sighed, but it sounded more like a growl. Noticing the sun dip below the horizon, Dusk grumbled in an agitated voice, "Of course, it could be any number of dragons who did this, from hunting parties to egg-thiefs. In any case, we need to get moving."

Moving a short distance away from Yui, who was almost all patched up by the medicine dragon (who was simultaneously shooing away a few curious hatchlings who had wandered away from their mother to see the interesting sight of a wounded dragon), Dusk spread his wings and boomed in his loud voice, "Blu, Rosencrantz, Thalassa, with me. We shall meet our leader in the air on the way to the Sky Tree." With that, he leaped into the air and lifted himself to a gliding altitude with a few powerful strokes of his dark-striped wings. He didn't look back to see if the others were following him, but trusted that they were.

Thalassa thanked the medicine dragon for his work and nudged Yui with her muzzle, whispering, "strength, brave one. You're in good hands, now rest up." She turned and walked a short distance away, nodding to Blu and Rosencrantz, then took a running start and leaped into the air after Dusk, flapping steadily to keep up with him. They were on their way at last to the clan meeting, and though the attack on Yui had been startling, Thalassa couldn't be more excited to finally be meeting other clans.

(@LazyChimera, @bellancawings, @Kilowattdreams)
~~~

Enjoying the company of his old friend, Silas was delighted to find that the warrior still regarded him as a good friend with fond memories of their time together. It hadn't all been fun and games, but they had worked well together through many troubling times. "Hmm, yes. This egg thief business is indeed an unusual happening." He replied to the old dragon's sour tone, noting the fists that he'd clenched. Silas was sure that Ko would rip apart any egg thieves that tried making their way to the caravan's eggs, and part of him was excited to see it happen. Of course, a peaceful night would be best, as then no one would have to suffer.

Nibbling thoughtfully on the cold carcass of his deer, Silas mused, "You know, just earlier today I tried seeing how hard it was to liberate the eggs from a nest of birds surrounding a tree." He gingerly spread his wings and flicked his tail into view, taking stock of the small scratches covering his body and wing membranes. "Even though they were just birds, they still defended their nests fiercely against a much larger foe." A cheeky grin spread across Silas's face, "This caravan is like that swarm of birds. If anything happens here, warriors like you will defend the unborn with staunch determination and fury. The eggs couldn't be safer with so many dragons around to defend them."

Gazing up at the stars, he hoped that his words were true enough, and provided some comfort to his old friend. "Plus, if anything happens tonight while the leaders are away, you'll have me to help as well. I guess it's a good thing I happened to be in the area."
~~~

Alighting on a flat section of ground, Annelie folded her wings as she pranced toward the cunning thug of a dragon before her. "Brangwen! Lovely to see you again." She responded to his greeting. "All's well, I take it?" She started off, then quickly followed up with her real intention, "I'd like you to fly with us to the Sky Tree tonight. The clans are gathering to discuss the egg thieving incidents, and you would be invaluable to us in determining the intentions of the other clans." Annelie stroked the feathers at the end of her tail as she said this, readying her primaries for the long flight ahead.
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 15 16