Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Through Fire and Flames (open)
1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 15 16
(Apologies for the late reply, I've been bogged down with life stuff. As for @maiathehealer, I'd love to have another writer contributing to the story! Feel free to take an open character, or introduce one of your own. Until @bellancawings changes the title of the RP to closed, I'm going to assume anyone and everyone is welcome. I look forward to reading more awesomeness~)
(Apologies for the late reply, I've been bogged down with life stuff. As for @maiathehealer, I'd love to have another writer contributing to the story! Feel free to take an open character, or introduce one of your own. Until @bellancawings changes the title of the RP to closed, I'm going to assume anyone and everyone is welcome. I look forward to reading more awesomeness~)
zyvrj7C.png rkylBBV.png x0CMhAc.png
Yui closed her eyes and drifted off to sleep, dappled chest rising and falling, the cool ait coursing throughout.
Yui closed her eyes and drifted off to sleep, dappled chest rising and falling, the cool ait coursing throughout.
Anticipation coursed through the Guardian’s large frame. Similar to that of electricity right down to the tingling sensation at the tips of the toes. Normally meetings such as this were rather… dull, sprinkled with elders snapping back and forth often enough to interrupt your nap. However, this was not going to be an average gathering. Rallak shifted his weight between his haunches and stretched his wings, allowing the fading light to filter through the crimson membrane. Bone trinkets chattered with the movement. Egg thieves were on everyone’s mind. One could physically feel the anxiety that oozed off the dragons of Navarian, let alone the stench of fear could probably be caught miles downwind. [i]Cowards, all of them.[/i] Rallak thought as Rafore droned in a monotone voice at his lacky Gullivan. Red eyes probed the length of Gullivan concluding with a smirk that he could easily be overpowered. Sadly strength was not properly valued in this clan. Rafore’s decision to keep his older second in command instead of replacing Gullivan with someone of higher battle prowess agitated Rallak. Crests on the side of Rallak’s jawline threatened to betray his anger but was quickly kept in check. “Gullivan, do not doubt me.” [i]This is my chance to prove myself,[/i] Rallak pondered. His skills in battle were well known, and there was no doubt of his placement on the team to the gathering.[i] If … no when battle breaks loose I will prove myself invaluable to Rafore.[/i] Finally the leader broke conversation with the paperweight and began addressing other members of the clan. Ceasing his shifting, the guardian stood tall and proud, waiting to be face to face with Rafore. He had looked in the waters not too long ago and his mate this year assured he had grown, maybe Rallak would finally be able to look down on the “fearless” leader. The flickering of a tail was the only betrayal of emotion. @MalaikaKupanda [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=10&bodygene=4&breed=2&element=2&gender=0&tert=10&tertgene=6&winggene=4&wings=86&auth=2c4e4f053b29932abb47c88cbb62ece3b535727d&dummyext=prev.png[/img]
Anticipation coursed through the Guardian’s large frame. Similar to that of electricity right down to the tingling sensation at the tips of the toes. Normally meetings such as this were rather… dull, sprinkled with elders snapping back and forth often enough to interrupt your nap. However, this was not going to be an average gathering. Rallak shifted his weight between his haunches and stretched his wings, allowing the fading light to filter through the crimson membrane. Bone trinkets chattered with the movement.

Egg thieves were on everyone’s mind. One could physically feel the anxiety that oozed off the dragons of Navarian, let alone the stench of fear could probably be caught miles downwind. Cowards, all of them. Rallak thought as Rafore droned in a monotone voice at his lacky Gullivan. Red eyes probed the length of Gullivan concluding with a smirk that he could easily be overpowered. Sadly strength was not properly valued in this clan. Rafore’s decision to keep his older second in command instead of replacing Gullivan with someone of higher battle prowess agitated Rallak. Crests on the side of Rallak’s jawline threatened to betray his anger but was quickly kept in check.

“Gullivan, do not doubt me.”

This is my chance to prove myself, Rallak pondered. His skills in battle were well known, and there was no doubt of his placement on the team to the gathering. If … no when battle breaks loose I will prove myself invaluable to Rafore.

Finally the leader broke conversation with the paperweight and began addressing other members of the clan. Ceasing his shifting, the guardian stood tall and proud, waiting to be face to face with Rafore. He had looked in the waters not too long ago and his mate this year assured he had grown, maybe Rallak would finally be able to look down on the “fearless” leader.

The flickering of a tail was the only betrayal of emotion.

@MalaikaKupanda

dragon?age=1&body=10&bodygene=4&breed=2&element=2&gender=0&tert=10&tertgene=6&winggene=4&wings=86&auth=2c4e4f053b29932abb47c88cbb62ece3b535727d&dummyext=prev.png

mhsig_by_kiwicide-dcfqzrp.png
A Large Ivory Underbelleyed Dragon Awaited The Arrival. His wings were a bright green and orange with blue sprayed dapples. They were frayed at the edged, his cream muzzle stained with blood, dripping onto his claws. A Dragonskull headdress rested atop his head, his bright green, pupil-less eyes glinting in the moonlight, dragon feathers plastered to parts of his iridescent wings. These same feathers were plastered to the end of his tail and on bronze tail armor. He wore a dragon skull necklace, the skulls smaller, making his appearance horrifying. Two smaller bronze covers lay upon his legs as he snickered grimly. Blood dripped from his claws, as well as spines on his tail. A pink wing fragment stuck to one of his claws as he awaited the arriving dragons. A low growl emerged from the depths of his maw, part snickering. "Leave"

His eyes glinted in the moonlight harshly, as he lifted his legs and leapt up, smiling, bloodstained teeth exposed. His forearms twitched as he reared his back legs upward. His legs crashed harshly against the ground, shaking rocks. His muscular haunches readied in an attack stance at the coming dragons. He laughed and marked the tree with his scent. Anticipation tingles in his toes for a fight. His teeth glimmered, horns positioned for a charge. Decimate them. Kill them. Get Revenge.@Emeralddragon13 @Lazychimera

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=291679
A Large Ivory Underbelleyed Dragon Awaited The Arrival. His wings were a bright green and orange with blue sprayed dapples. They were frayed at the edged, his cream muzzle stained with blood, dripping onto his claws. A Dragonskull headdress rested atop his head, his bright green, pupil-less eyes glinting in the moonlight, dragon feathers plastered to parts of his iridescent wings. These same feathers were plastered to the end of his tail and on bronze tail armor. He wore a dragon skull necklace, the skulls smaller, making his appearance horrifying. Two smaller bronze covers lay upon his legs as he snickered grimly. Blood dripped from his claws, as well as spines on his tail. A pink wing fragment stuck to one of his claws as he awaited the arriving dragons. A low growl emerged from the depths of his maw, part snickering. "Leave"

His eyes glinted in the moonlight harshly, as he lifted his legs and leapt up, smiling, bloodstained teeth exposed. His forearms twitched as he reared his back legs upward. His legs crashed harshly against the ground, shaking rocks. His muscular haunches readied in an attack stance at the coming dragons. He laughed and marked the tree with his scent. Anticipation tingles in his toes for a fight. His teeth glimmered, horns positioned for a charge. Decimate them. Kill them. Get Revenge.@Emeralddragon13 @Lazychimera

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=291679
Rafore paced among his clan mates, his redwood colored scales gleamed in the dying sunlight. "We leave as soon as the sun sets over the horizon. Be ready my friends." He growled loudly to those around him. Gullivan kept close to the large dragon but his eyes flickered around at each and every face.

His eyes landed on Rallak, the black and red dragon looked anxious as well. Gullivan smirked to himself. This was why Rafore was leader. He was always calm, collected, even in the midst of battle. While other dragons would lose their cool and become frantic, Rafore remained as still as a tree.

Gullivan remembered when Rafore had taken his time becoming leader. The story was that Rafore continued pestering the old leader until he could successfully prove him mad, rendering him unfit to lead. Rafore had the patience of a saint, but the mind of a demon.

Gullivan, on the other hand, was a twitchy creature. He had no trust in anyone or anything, hardly even himself. His eyes were constantly alert, his body always moving. He hardly slept. Where he lacked strength, he found his mind. As a young hatchling, he devoted himself to being able to predict movements in war. He became a skilled strategist.

"What is it Rallak?" While thinking, Gullivan had failed to keep track of where Rafore was wandering. The black and red dragon unnerved him, making him more twitchy than usual.
Rafore paced among his clan mates, his redwood colored scales gleamed in the dying sunlight. "We leave as soon as the sun sets over the horizon. Be ready my friends." He growled loudly to those around him. Gullivan kept close to the large dragon but his eyes flickered around at each and every face.

His eyes landed on Rallak, the black and red dragon looked anxious as well. Gullivan smirked to himself. This was why Rafore was leader. He was always calm, collected, even in the midst of battle. While other dragons would lose their cool and become frantic, Rafore remained as still as a tree.

Gullivan remembered when Rafore had taken his time becoming leader. The story was that Rafore continued pestering the old leader until he could successfully prove him mad, rendering him unfit to lead. Rafore had the patience of a saint, but the mind of a demon.

Gullivan, on the other hand, was a twitchy creature. He had no trust in anyone or anything, hardly even himself. His eyes were constantly alert, his body always moving. He hardly slept. Where he lacked strength, he found his mind. As a young hatchling, he devoted himself to being able to predict movements in war. He became a skilled strategist.

"What is it Rallak?" While thinking, Gullivan had failed to keep track of where Rafore was wandering. The black and red dragon unnerved him, making him more twitchy than usual.
Waiting in the air as promised he smiled from behind the mask as he heard Dusk and the others had quickly followed him. However a foreboding presence filled his senses as he turned around, towards the dragon who had spoken. “What an annoyance, do you mind? We have somewhere important to be, you lot have awful timing.” He said towards the aggressive dragon. The scent of Yui’s blood filled his nostrils, angering him. Hearing Dusk’s beating wings behind him, he knew that this barbarian didn’t have a chance of beating them, not that his chances would be better if it were just him.

With his movements and cloak he looked like a living shadow soaring through the sky. Although he was dwarfed by his right-hand his speed and wit were almost unmatchable. Because he was born with crystal like scales he had done something no other dragon would think of. Because he was not physically strong the shadowy dragon had sharpened his own scales, making them sharp as knives, making his body into a weapon. The act itself was rather painful, but he had been doing it for so long it was nothing to him. He had won many battle by simply wrapping his body among his opponents and twisting his sharpened hide, carving into them and cutting them deeply. Even if it was mad of him to even think of doing such a thing to himself, the world was uncaring and relentless. He had no choice but to adapt thanks to his disability and physique.

He could feel his clan members presence upon him now, “Which clan are you from? You have broken the truce that was put forth, regardless if you have a clan or not you shall be punished.” He hissed at the creme dragon, he could sense that he was almost twice his size but cared not.

The older, rusty dragon listened with interest at what Silas was saying and took a good look at the damage the birds have done. “They did a good number on you didn’t they?” he said in response to his friends injury. He was a little surprised at where the conversation went, but he couldn’t help but smile. “I thank you for your kind words, if anything does happen it’s like you said. Heh, Us fighting side by side, it would be like old times.” he said before looking out to the rest of the dragon’s, the brood mothers have managed to get their hatchling to settle down and sleep, most of the dragons had began curling around the caravan and sleeping as well. “The thing I like most about this clan is that no matter what it’s like a family here, everyone is so wonderful and welcoming despite our differences.” Korinth said in solace.

Brangwen’s eyes immediately when she responded to him, as if her voice was a beautiful song. “Yes, it is always peaceful in you and your sisters realm as always.” he replied happily, he could tell that she wanted something from him. No matter what it was the answer would always be ‘yes’. He couldn’t help but smile wide at her words, “it would be more than an honor to be able to attend the meet!” he said quickly. He was happy that although his talents were far from… Respectable, that they would be of use for tonight. “I am a bit rusty, but I will do my best for the clan.” Brangwen was a little excited, it had been awhile since he had seen other dragons from other clans.
Waiting in the air as promised he smiled from behind the mask as he heard Dusk and the others had quickly followed him. However a foreboding presence filled his senses as he turned around, towards the dragon who had spoken. “What an annoyance, do you mind? We have somewhere important to be, you lot have awful timing.” He said towards the aggressive dragon. The scent of Yui’s blood filled his nostrils, angering him. Hearing Dusk’s beating wings behind him, he knew that this barbarian didn’t have a chance of beating them, not that his chances would be better if it were just him.

With his movements and cloak he looked like a living shadow soaring through the sky. Although he was dwarfed by his right-hand his speed and wit were almost unmatchable. Because he was born with crystal like scales he had done something no other dragon would think of. Because he was not physically strong the shadowy dragon had sharpened his own scales, making them sharp as knives, making his body into a weapon. The act itself was rather painful, but he had been doing it for so long it was nothing to him. He had won many battle by simply wrapping his body among his opponents and twisting his sharpened hide, carving into them and cutting them deeply. Even if it was mad of him to even think of doing such a thing to himself, the world was uncaring and relentless. He had no choice but to adapt thanks to his disability and physique.

He could feel his clan members presence upon him now, “Which clan are you from? You have broken the truce that was put forth, regardless if you have a clan or not you shall be punished.” He hissed at the creme dragon, he could sense that he was almost twice his size but cared not.

The older, rusty dragon listened with interest at what Silas was saying and took a good look at the damage the birds have done. “They did a good number on you didn’t they?” he said in response to his friends injury. He was a little surprised at where the conversation went, but he couldn’t help but smile. “I thank you for your kind words, if anything does happen it’s like you said. Heh, Us fighting side by side, it would be like old times.” he said before looking out to the rest of the dragon’s, the brood mothers have managed to get their hatchling to settle down and sleep, most of the dragons had began curling around the caravan and sleeping as well. “The thing I like most about this clan is that no matter what it’s like a family here, everyone is so wonderful and welcoming despite our differences.” Korinth said in solace.

Brangwen’s eyes immediately when she responded to him, as if her voice was a beautiful song. “Yes, it is always peaceful in you and your sisters realm as always.” he replied happily, he could tell that she wanted something from him. No matter what it was the answer would always be ‘yes’. He couldn’t help but smile wide at her words, “it would be more than an honor to be able to attend the meet!” he said quickly. He was happy that although his talents were far from… Respectable, that they would be of use for tonight. “I am a bit rusty, but I will do my best for the clan.” Brangwen was a little excited, it had been awhile since he had seen other dragons from other clans.
[sorry again for the long delay! I got sick right after getting back and had a sick cat to deal with right after that, so not much time to write... here's my catch-up post for Grendel, but I think he's just going to be lying in wait until the meet begins properly. I'm also introducing a new character, if the Jovians don't mind =) ] [u]Alleeah[/u] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/239102/23910194_350.png[/img] A clan doctor rushed up to Alleeah’s favorite basking spot, where she was resting her tired old bones in the last rays of light from the setting sun. "We need your help, grand-auntie. Yui was attacked while hunting and she's really hurt." "Why aren't you over there helping her, then? She must not be that badly off if you're here." Alleeah had been dozing off, and was annoyed. Just because this young doctor was (apparently) her kin, didn’t mean he could interrupt her rest. Which one was he, again? One of Gloria’s, she thought. He had her white wings... "She needs an expert. You are so much more experienced at healing than we are!" … and her way with words. She wasn’t about to let him butter her up, though. "All of you know how to clean cuts. By the time I get over there, there will nothing left to treat." "Don't say that, grand-auntie!" "No, no, I mean all the cuts are probably clean." "Please grand-auntie, she could die." She could see he was terribly worried. Alleeah couldn't remember quite who Yui was, which made her think they probably weren't related. Was her grand-nephew courting a mate? As soon as it occurred to her she was convinced it was true. His concern for the future mother of his hatchlings was so touching that it choked her up a little. What kind of grand-auntie would she be if she didn't tend to her future grand-niece personally? And of course, she had to make it a sure thing by lauding her own flesh-and-blood to his future mate (not that anyone needed help seeing the merits of a handsome doctor like him). "All right, then. Hurry ahead and do what you can, I'll be there as soon as I can get these old wings flapping. And don't worry! I'm sure she'll be fine." The sun was halfway over the horizon by the time Alleeah flopped her wrinkled scales down in the clearing next to Yui. Even while she was asleep in the near-twilight, it was easy to see what so attracted her grand-nephew to this female. She was lithe, with magenta scales framed in pale earth tones. They were reminiscent of Gloria's, but where her scales were bright and showy, Yui's were lustrous and subtle. What's more, she was rune-touched, an omen of fertility and good fortune. Alleeah inspected her wounds closely. They had been treated liberally with salve, and a few were bound tightly with cloth, including the wound on her tail. The doctors had done a fine job. Still, it wouldn't do for her grand-nephew's princess to be covered in scars. She unwrapped the bindings and blew a soft breath infused with her innate healing magic into them. The magic in her breath was nearly invisible, seen only as a few gold-, emerald-, and amethyst-colored scintillae that drifted gently over the places where blood welled, calming its flow and encouraging the flesh to knit. She lingered longest over the nasty bite on the young one’s tail. Even with magic, she would be lucky if it healed back to its original shape, and she would almost certainly have a scar, but the runeborn were known for their luck, after all. Even so, Alleeah spoke a few prayers for good measure. While the words of her mother tongue rumbled in her throat, she rolled her claws over a set of lucky stones she kept under her long, embroidered robe. [u]Grendel[/u] After retrieving the infested egg from its hiding place, Grendel drilled down a riverbed towards the Sky Tree, remaining as hidden as he could from flyers. He could see a few early arrivals overhead, but they paid him no attention. The shadowy, uneven dapples in his hide were just the right color for moving unseen at night, a boon for his profession, but it wasn’t quite dark enough to move in the open. He kept to the Lanis side, as planned, and slunk into a burl in one of the tree’s enormous roots. From here, he could peek up into the branches as the clan representatives arrived, or look out towards the plain where a few broodmothers had started to dig out nests. He frowned, a little disappointed at the turnout. Not as many dragons as he had expected had come seeking the Tree’s protection for their eggs. Trust among the clans must be even more tenuous than he imagined. At this rate, Orion and his team would be lucky to liberate a dozen nests, even with his distraction. He cradled the deadly egg nervously in one scrawny arm while drumming his claws on it with another. It was partly nerves, but it also served to loosen the coat of mud that kept the nestbane mites inside. Had Lord Khaldonius anticipated the low turnout? He must have... but then why allow this dangerous raid to begin with? He tried to think like the great white and, as before, found it shockingly easy. Even if there were only a few nests raided, a raid here would cut all the clans deeply, and Khaldonius would instantly get support to go on the hunt for the thieves. Suddenly, a thought like an icicle pierced his mind and chilled his heart. “I [i]am[/i] a thief. Would the lord of Lanis hunt me?” He thought of himself as a serpent of Lanis, but there was no one in Lanis who would lift a claw to help him if he was caught planting the nestbane at the Sky Tree, and none of the other clans even knew his affiliation. What was to stop the lord from calling off Orion’s attack and sending his band to capture Grendel instead? He could see it clearly: the scarred metal and a band of jeering hatchlings, dragging him up the Tree to the meet to be condemned by Khaldonius and the other clan leaders. After that, there were so many ways they could torture him to death that he stiffened imagining them. Then, Khaldonius would use him as a scapegoat, gain command of an army drawn from all the clans to hunt for other thieves, use his knowledge of the army to plan raids where there would be no defense, and frame other leaders for sabotaging the army’s mission, all while swelling Lanis’ nests. Well, not if he could help it. There was more than one dragon who could take the fall for this, and he knew exactly which one he wanted to see hanging in pieces from the Sky Tree.
[sorry again for the long delay! I got sick right after getting back and had a sick cat to deal with right after that, so not much time to write... here's my catch-up post for Grendel, but I think he's just going to be lying in wait until the meet begins properly. I'm also introducing a new character, if the Jovians don't mind =) ]

Alleeah

23910194_350.png

A clan doctor rushed up to Alleeah’s favorite basking spot, where she was resting her tired old bones in the last rays of light from the setting sun.
"We need your help, grand-auntie. Yui was attacked while hunting and she's really hurt."
"Why aren't you over there helping her, then? She must not be that badly off if you're here."
Alleeah had been dozing off, and was annoyed. Just because this young doctor was (apparently) her kin, didn’t mean he could interrupt her rest. Which one was he, again? One of Gloria’s, she thought. He had her white wings...
"She needs an expert. You are so much more experienced at healing than we are!"
… and her way with words. She wasn’t about to let him butter her up, though.
"All of you know how to clean cuts. By the time I get over there, there will nothing left to treat."
"Don't say that, grand-auntie!"
"No, no, I mean all the cuts are probably clean."
"Please grand-auntie, she could die."

She could see he was terribly worried. Alleeah couldn't remember quite who Yui was, which made her think they probably weren't related. Was her grand-nephew courting a mate? As soon as it occurred to her she was convinced it was true. His concern for the future mother of his hatchlings was so touching that it choked her up a little. What kind of grand-auntie would she be if she didn't tend to her future grand-niece personally? And of course, she had to make it a sure thing by lauding her own flesh-and-blood to his future mate (not that anyone needed help seeing the merits of a handsome doctor like him).
"All right, then. Hurry ahead and do what you can, I'll be there as soon as I can get these old wings flapping. And don't worry! I'm sure she'll be fine."

The sun was halfway over the horizon by the time Alleeah flopped her wrinkled scales down in the clearing next to Yui. Even while she was asleep in the near-twilight, it was easy to see what so attracted her grand-nephew to this female. She was lithe, with magenta scales framed in pale earth tones. They were reminiscent of Gloria's, but where her scales were bright and showy, Yui's were lustrous and subtle. What's more, she was rune-touched, an omen of fertility and good fortune.

Alleeah inspected her wounds closely. They had been treated liberally with salve, and a few were bound tightly with cloth, including the wound on her tail. The doctors had done a fine job. Still, it wouldn't do for her grand-nephew's princess to be covered in scars. She unwrapped the bindings and blew a soft breath infused with her innate healing magic into them. The magic in her breath was nearly invisible, seen only as a few gold-, emerald-, and amethyst-colored scintillae that drifted gently over the places where blood welled, calming its flow and encouraging the flesh to knit. She lingered longest over the nasty bite on the young one’s tail. Even with magic, she would be lucky if it healed back to its original shape, and she would almost certainly have a scar, but the runeborn were known for their luck, after all. Even so, Alleeah spoke a few prayers for good measure. While the words of her mother tongue rumbled in her throat, she rolled her claws over a set of lucky stones she kept under her long, embroidered robe.

Grendel

After retrieving the infested egg from its hiding place, Grendel drilled down a riverbed towards the Sky Tree, remaining as hidden as he could from flyers. He could see a few early arrivals overhead, but they paid him no attention. The shadowy, uneven dapples in his hide were just the right color for moving unseen at night, a boon for his profession, but it wasn’t quite dark enough to move in the open.

He kept to the Lanis side, as planned, and slunk into a burl in one of the tree’s enormous roots. From here, he could peek up into the branches as the clan representatives arrived, or look out towards the plain where a few broodmothers had started to dig out nests. He frowned, a little disappointed at the turnout. Not as many dragons as he had expected had come seeking the Tree’s protection for their eggs. Trust among the clans must be even more tenuous than he imagined. At this rate, Orion and his team would be lucky to liberate a dozen nests, even with his distraction. He cradled the deadly egg nervously in one scrawny arm while drumming his claws on it with another. It was partly nerves, but it also served to loosen the coat of mud that kept the nestbane mites inside.

Had Lord Khaldonius anticipated the low turnout? He must have... but then why allow this dangerous raid to begin with? He tried to think like the great white and, as before, found it shockingly easy. Even if there were only a few nests raided, a raid here would cut all the clans deeply, and Khaldonius would instantly get support to go on the hunt for the thieves.

Suddenly, a thought like an icicle pierced his mind and chilled his heart. “I am a thief. Would the lord of Lanis hunt me?” He thought of himself as a serpent of Lanis, but there was no one in Lanis who would lift a claw to help him if he was caught planting the nestbane at the Sky Tree, and none of the other clans even knew his affiliation. What was to stop the lord from calling off Orion’s attack and sending his band to capture Grendel instead?

He could see it clearly: the scarred metal and a band of jeering hatchlings, dragging him up the Tree to the meet to be condemned by Khaldonius and the other clan leaders. After that, there were so many ways they could torture him to death that he stiffened imagining them. Then, Khaldonius would use him as a scapegoat, gain command of an army drawn from all the clans to hunt for other thieves, use his knowledge of the army to plan raids where there would be no defense, and frame other leaders for sabotaging the army’s mission, all while swelling Lanis’ nests.

Well, not if he could help it. There was more than one dragon who could take the fall for this, and he knew exactly which one he wanted to see hanging in pieces from the Sky Tree.

OVI5Wp2.gif
"I am of no clan."
His voice was hardy as the last acclaimence, and his claws shined in the moonlight as they turned bright blue, slicing open the adversary's forearm. His breath became heavy and he laughed harshly. I will bring it all down.
"So I see, you transform, too?"
"I am of no clan."
His voice was hardy as the last acclaimence, and his claws shined in the moonlight as they turned bright blue, slicing open the adversary's forearm. His breath became heavy and he laughed harshly. I will bring it all down.
"So I see, you transform, too?"
With mild irritation Rallak’s jaw crests flared. He had hoped that the leader would have been more personal with addressing everyone. With a low rumble in his throat he relaxed his posture and surveyed the area. Broodmothers were fretting over the nests making changes at the last moment; among them was his current mate. She was nothing special but was captivated by his strength during mating season. Red eyes probed the length of her more slender form. Memories of the mating season flooded back into his mind…

“What is it Rallak?”

Pleasant memories were slipping away as his attention was diverted to the smaller form next to him. The way it constantly twitched immediately told Rallak that Gullivan was to blame for this interruption. Looking away so not to betray any emotion he rumbled,

“Can you not feel it?”

Sinking into the land the sun slowly gave into the night, as if the stars fought for their right to the sky. As if in defiance the horizon was painted in reds to give sign of their struggle. However, like each evening, day plunges into darkness; a sure omen of what was to come.

“I wouldn’t worry about the meeting if I were you. The way you fret over a battlefield like a broodmother over her clutch, our clan is safe in your talons.”

Sarcasm oozed from Rallak’s comment. Hoping to get a rise out of the second in command he followed up his comment with a wicked grin.

@MalaikaKupanda
With mild irritation Rallak’s jaw crests flared. He had hoped that the leader would have been more personal with addressing everyone. With a low rumble in his throat he relaxed his posture and surveyed the area. Broodmothers were fretting over the nests making changes at the last moment; among them was his current mate. She was nothing special but was captivated by his strength during mating season. Red eyes probed the length of her more slender form. Memories of the mating season flooded back into his mind…

“What is it Rallak?”

Pleasant memories were slipping away as his attention was diverted to the smaller form next to him. The way it constantly twitched immediately told Rallak that Gullivan was to blame for this interruption. Looking away so not to betray any emotion he rumbled,

“Can you not feel it?”

Sinking into the land the sun slowly gave into the night, as if the stars fought for their right to the sky. As if in defiance the horizon was painted in reds to give sign of their struggle. However, like each evening, day plunges into darkness; a sure omen of what was to come.

“I wouldn’t worry about the meeting if I were you. The way you fret over a battlefield like a broodmother over her clutch, our clan is safe in your talons.”

Sarcasm oozed from Rallak’s comment. Hoping to get a rise out of the second in command he followed up his comment with a wicked grin.

@MalaikaKupanda
mhsig_by_kiwicide-dcfqzrp.png
@Kilowattdreams

Now that Yui's wounds were treated as well as could be, Alleeah let her rest for awhile, and sat. She curled her own tail under herself for cushioning and gingerly lowered herself on top of it to avoid sitting on a sharp rock. She had to be careful these days.

She couldn't recall much about this Yui. It was her intent to evaluate the pretty young female properly once she woke (must make sure she's a suitable match, after all), but for now she contented herself to a bit of scrying. Whilst watching Yui out of the corner of her eye, Alleeah pulled out a set of small bones of various shapes and sizes.

Understanding the bones was an art she had learned from her grandmother, and passed on to some of her own grandchildren, but few had the patience to listen, either to her or to the bones. Holding one in her left hand, she scooped up a palmful of dust in her right and spat in it, infusing the mud with just a spark of her own magic in the process. Then, she rubbed the mud into the ground, rolling it in a growing spiral until it became a ball of tightly packed dirt. Using the bone as a stylus, she inscribed runes into the ball representing dragons in Yui's life. Since she didn't know any of their names, she wrote the runes for "mate", "child", "parent", "friend", "enemy", and "self". She also inscribed runes in the dust for "help", "harm", "near", "far", "recent", and "long ago". Finally, she held it out in front of her, ready to drop.

She felt the ball jerk out of her grasp and immediately fall. It thudded in the dirt, and rolled immediately to "near", with the "enemy" rune facing up. After a brief moment of surprise, Alleeah picked it up and dropped it three more times. Twice again it came up "enemy", rolling first to "near", then to "harm". After the last drop, it rolled to "help" and then crumbled, leaving only a clod with "friend" rune facing up.

Never before had the bones spoken so clearly to her. She immediately unfurled herself and teetered over to Yui. Alleeah grabbed Yui's shoulder and shook her, firmly but gently. "Wake up, Yui. Please, I need to help you."
@Kilowattdreams

Now that Yui's wounds were treated as well as could be, Alleeah let her rest for awhile, and sat. She curled her own tail under herself for cushioning and gingerly lowered herself on top of it to avoid sitting on a sharp rock. She had to be careful these days.

She couldn't recall much about this Yui. It was her intent to evaluate the pretty young female properly once she woke (must make sure she's a suitable match, after all), but for now she contented herself to a bit of scrying. Whilst watching Yui out of the corner of her eye, Alleeah pulled out a set of small bones of various shapes and sizes.

Understanding the bones was an art she had learned from her grandmother, and passed on to some of her own grandchildren, but few had the patience to listen, either to her or to the bones. Holding one in her left hand, she scooped up a palmful of dust in her right and spat in it, infusing the mud with just a spark of her own magic in the process. Then, she rubbed the mud into the ground, rolling it in a growing spiral until it became a ball of tightly packed dirt. Using the bone as a stylus, she inscribed runes into the ball representing dragons in Yui's life. Since she didn't know any of their names, she wrote the runes for "mate", "child", "parent", "friend", "enemy", and "self". She also inscribed runes in the dust for "help", "harm", "near", "far", "recent", and "long ago". Finally, she held it out in front of her, ready to drop.

She felt the ball jerk out of her grasp and immediately fall. It thudded in the dirt, and rolled immediately to "near", with the "enemy" rune facing up. After a brief moment of surprise, Alleeah picked it up and dropped it three more times. Twice again it came up "enemy", rolling first to "near", then to "harm". After the last drop, it rolled to "help" and then crumbled, leaving only a clod with "friend" rune facing up.

Never before had the bones spoken so clearly to her. She immediately unfurled herself and teetered over to Yui. Alleeah grabbed Yui's shoulder and shook her, firmly but gently. "Wake up, Yui. Please, I need to help you."
OVI5Wp2.gif
1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 15 16