Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Through Fire and Flames (open)
1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
"O..oh. Sorry... I've never been outside the walls until 4 days ago.." He leaped after the rabbit and clamped his jaws around it, feeling something crush as the rodent went limp. He dropped it down and tore small morsels from it to eat. After finishing around a third of the rabbit, he tapped his claws lightly against the ground. Horus tapped Guro and Tilly, or at least he thought that was what their names were, before offering rabbit to both.

Horus couldn't do many things, but what he could do was sense anger in the larger female. He shuffled his claws in shame and leaned against a tree, How much more do I lack in knowledge?. This thought passed him and he sat down, the leaves blowing away from the gust of wind brought by his pull downward. Horus's mind flickered with thoughts contradictory to his idiotic appearance, concerning how the planet rotating with a seemingly unified motion as their sun, causing night and day as the surface flipped, but what gave their sun a center of gravity if it was a big ball of gas? These thoughts continued, until Horus gained attention. The one thing he had not been taught back home, however, was the means of how to take care of himself.

"Guro, I believe.. Would you mind taking me with you to learn about being a dragon? I hardly know anything, and that could be a good and bad thing.." Horus shifted his gaze and raised the crests above his eyes. Hope glistened in his gaze as he tapped his talons, a nasty habit of his. The minds of the other dragons didn't matter right now, nor would they ever.

@Wolfunicorn @LazyChimera
"O..oh. Sorry... I've never been outside the walls until 4 days ago.." He leaped after the rabbit and clamped his jaws around it, feeling something crush as the rodent went limp. He dropped it down and tore small morsels from it to eat. After finishing around a third of the rabbit, he tapped his claws lightly against the ground. Horus tapped Guro and Tilly, or at least he thought that was what their names were, before offering rabbit to both.

Horus couldn't do many things, but what he could do was sense anger in the larger female. He shuffled his claws in shame and leaned against a tree, How much more do I lack in knowledge?. This thought passed him and he sat down, the leaves blowing away from the gust of wind brought by his pull downward. Horus's mind flickered with thoughts contradictory to his idiotic appearance, concerning how the planet rotating with a seemingly unified motion as their sun, causing night and day as the surface flipped, but what gave their sun a center of gravity if it was a big ball of gas? These thoughts continued, until Horus gained attention. The one thing he had not been taught back home, however, was the means of how to take care of himself.

"Guro, I believe.. Would you mind taking me with you to learn about being a dragon? I hardly know anything, and that could be a good and bad thing.." Horus shifted his gaze and raised the crests above his eyes. Hope glistened in his gaze as he tapped his talons, a nasty habit of his. The minds of the other dragons didn't matter right now, nor would they ever.

@Wolfunicorn @LazyChimera
((Feel free to re-ping me to remind me to post, I get busy with school and then forget about this))
@lazychimera @Kilowattdreams

Tilly looked oddly at the larger male dragon, walls? She didn't quite understand what he was going on about, he was huge, there was no way a clan could keep him trapped up for most of his life. Not only that but he behavior was strange too, how could he not know how to, well, be a dragon? Tilly stalled on taking up on his offer for her to eat some of the rabbit, another behavior that at least seemed odd to her. She was used to eating what ever was left over, like bitter plants or small bugs. Hesitantly she took a small portion of the rabbits meat. Chewing it slowly, Tilly crouched on the ground, savoring the flavor. “What clan are you from?” Tilly asked the male dragon, hoping to attempt to understand his unusual behavior.
((Feel free to re-ping me to remind me to post, I get busy with school and then forget about this))
@lazychimera @Kilowattdreams

Tilly looked oddly at the larger male dragon, walls? She didn't quite understand what he was going on about, he was huge, there was no way a clan could keep him trapped up for most of his life. Not only that but he behavior was strange too, how could he not know how to, well, be a dragon? Tilly stalled on taking up on his offer for her to eat some of the rabbit, another behavior that at least seemed odd to her. She was used to eating what ever was left over, like bitter plants or small bugs. Hesitantly she took a small portion of the rabbits meat. Chewing it slowly, Tilly crouched on the ground, savoring the flavor. “What clan are you from?” Tilly asked the male dragon, hoping to attempt to understand his unusual behavior.
tumblr_inline_og4w9jbSa31r9ez7h_500.png
@Wolfunicorn @Kilowattdreams

Guro went silent and crossed her arms as Tilly accepted Horus' offer and went to the ground to eat it. She shook her head , not wanting to accept his offer. There was nothing malicious to it, she just wasn't hungry. She wanted to know where he was from too, what strange place wouldn't teach him the basics for living in this world. Was he that pampered that he didn't have to lift a finger? Was that the kind of life he lived? Those thoughts made her wonder; if they tried so hard to keep him in, are they now hunting how down now that's out?

"Teach you to be a dragon..?" she repeated him then narrowed her eyes with a huff, "Are you asking me to be your mother or something?" She didn't have the patience to... be motherly or become a teacher. Well, maybe in magic or the dark arts but that's more apprentice-y than what Horus' seems to be asking. "I'm sorry, but I'm not really the person to ask for that." she paused and looked in the direction of the caravan. They would question her if she brought Tilly but be forgiving knowing her circumstances, Hours' on the other hand... They wouldn't be so understanding if she brought him to the clan in the dead of night.
@Wolfunicorn @Kilowattdreams

Guro went silent and crossed her arms as Tilly accepted Horus' offer and went to the ground to eat it. She shook her head , not wanting to accept his offer. There was nothing malicious to it, she just wasn't hungry. She wanted to know where he was from too, what strange place wouldn't teach him the basics for living in this world. Was he that pampered that he didn't have to lift a finger? Was that the kind of life he lived? Those thoughts made her wonder; if they tried so hard to keep him in, are they now hunting how down now that's out?

"Teach you to be a dragon..?" she repeated him then narrowed her eyes with a huff, "Are you asking me to be your mother or something?" She didn't have the patience to... be motherly or become a teacher. Well, maybe in magic or the dark arts but that's more apprentice-y than what Horus' seems to be asking. "I'm sorry, but I'm not really the person to ask for that." she paused and looked in the direction of the caravan. They would question her if she brought Tilly but be forgiving knowing her circumstances, Hours' on the other hand... They wouldn't be so understanding if she brought him to the clan in the dead of night.
Horus looked down, unsure of the answer to Tilly's question. He closed his eyes and tapped his temples for a moment. His clan? He knew what a clan was, but he had never been taught the names. Horus was scared to say he didn't know, but it came out. "I don't know." That was the truth, but he had overheard his parents talking as he wandered the palace halls. "It starts with the letters L and A.." He looked at Tilly and back at Guro.

"Guro.. it's fine. I wasn't asking for a mother, or a teacher. Just someone to tell me how to adjust to this new life." Horus gazed hopefully
(Wip, homework time)
Horus looked down, unsure of the answer to Tilly's question. He closed his eyes and tapped his temples for a moment. His clan? He knew what a clan was, but he had never been taught the names. Horus was scared to say he didn't know, but it came out. "I don't know." That was the truth, but he had overheard his parents talking as he wandered the palace halls. "It starts with the letters L and A.." He looked at Tilly and back at Guro.

"Guro.. it's fine. I wasn't asking for a mother, or a teacher. Just someone to tell me how to adjust to this new life." Horus gazed hopefully
(Wip, homework time)
(Heeeeeeyy ya'll! I am going to join now while I still can, I hope it's ok! I was waiting for a different opportunity but I figured it might close soon *eek!* Anyway, no need to catch me up, I've been reading since the beginning. (How's that for creepy stalker...! jk)

Viper clung to thick branch, pondering about what to do next. She had been living on her own her whole life and was torn between choosing a clan, and freedom. Her acid green eyes set against an obsidian black face scanned the woods around her. At the moment she was looking for food with not too much luck.

She was tucked inside the canopy of a tree, about 20 feet off the ground. If it wasn't for the long, green glowing line that ran down the edges of her wings and and along her fins running down her back to explode at her tail, she would be almost invisible.

She leaned her black horns against the trunk and sighed, waiting. Suddenly, her ears perked up because she heard a noise. It sounded like leaves crunching. Her body tensed and she pressed herself against the tree, watching... waiting.

Two figures zoomed below her. They were deer, and had obviously been spooked by something. She leapt through to the top of the canopy and, gathering her legs, leaped into the sky, snapping out her large wingspan. She followed the deer by sound. They weren't being very careful about stealth in their blind panic, which helped her.

As soon as they ran across a clearing, she dropped, aiming at the target in the back. Her full weight crashed against her prey, causing it to smash into the ground. It bleated shortly in vain right before Viper sunk her teeth into it's shoulder. She wasn't named Viper for nothing.

Poison started to course through her victims veins and it started to jerk violently. After a second though, it went still as stone. Her poison would need a day or two to fully recharge, unfortunately. The other deer had long since panicked and disappeared into the foliage, besides, she didn't need it anyway. This would do.

She grabbed it's nimble leg in her jaws and tugged it back into the shadows so she could eat her meal in peace. Ironically, when she started to tear into the carcass, the steady drum of wing beats sounded above. She peered through the branches and was almost blinded by the light reflecting off a white dragon's scales above. It was a large male, followed by others following him.

They were headed to the center of all the dragon territories, probably to participate in the massive dragon meeting taking place to discuss the egg thieves. She had learned that information through her few friends, who had learned it from their few friends, and so on. She finished her meal and rolled over onto her side to let it digest.

Wait a minute! Viper shot up and looked at the direction that had been flying from. If that was a clan leader as she thought, then if she just flew in the direction they were coming from, then it will lead her to a clan.

After a few seconds of mind strain, she finally remembered what clan has a white leader. Lanis. She gathered her haunches and streaked into the sky once more, rocketing toward the clan. She could finally be part of a clan, part of a group. Somewhere she belonged.

(I hope it's not too long... hope you likey! And to have a denominator for the fact my character has poison, she has pyrophobia(fear of fire) and it takes her a while to "recharge" it.
(Heeeeeeyy ya'll! I am going to join now while I still can, I hope it's ok! I was waiting for a different opportunity but I figured it might close soon *eek!* Anyway, no need to catch me up, I've been reading since the beginning. (How's that for creepy stalker...! jk)

Viper clung to thick branch, pondering about what to do next. She had been living on her own her whole life and was torn between choosing a clan, and freedom. Her acid green eyes set against an obsidian black face scanned the woods around her. At the moment she was looking for food with not too much luck.

She was tucked inside the canopy of a tree, about 20 feet off the ground. If it wasn't for the long, green glowing line that ran down the edges of her wings and and along her fins running down her back to explode at her tail, she would be almost invisible.

She leaned her black horns against the trunk and sighed, waiting. Suddenly, her ears perked up because she heard a noise. It sounded like leaves crunching. Her body tensed and she pressed herself against the tree, watching... waiting.

Two figures zoomed below her. They were deer, and had obviously been spooked by something. She leapt through to the top of the canopy and, gathering her legs, leaped into the sky, snapping out her large wingspan. She followed the deer by sound. They weren't being very careful about stealth in their blind panic, which helped her.

As soon as they ran across a clearing, she dropped, aiming at the target in the back. Her full weight crashed against her prey, causing it to smash into the ground. It bleated shortly in vain right before Viper sunk her teeth into it's shoulder. She wasn't named Viper for nothing.

Poison started to course through her victims veins and it started to jerk violently. After a second though, it went still as stone. Her poison would need a day or two to fully recharge, unfortunately. The other deer had long since panicked and disappeared into the foliage, besides, she didn't need it anyway. This would do.

She grabbed it's nimble leg in her jaws and tugged it back into the shadows so she could eat her meal in peace. Ironically, when she started to tear into the carcass, the steady drum of wing beats sounded above. She peered through the branches and was almost blinded by the light reflecting off a white dragon's scales above. It was a large male, followed by others following him.

They were headed to the center of all the dragon territories, probably to participate in the massive dragon meeting taking place to discuss the egg thieves. She had learned that information through her few friends, who had learned it from their few friends, and so on. She finished her meal and rolled over onto her side to let it digest.

Wait a minute! Viper shot up and looked at the direction that had been flying from. If that was a clan leader as she thought, then if she just flew in the direction they were coming from, then it will lead her to a clan.

After a few seconds of mind strain, she finally remembered what clan has a white leader. Lanis. She gathered her haunches and streaked into the sky once more, rocketing toward the clan. She could finally be part of a clan, part of a group. Somewhere she belonged.

(I hope it's not too long... hope you likey! And to have a denominator for the fact my character has poison, she has pyrophobia(fear of fire) and it takes her a while to "recharge" it.
FR +3
(Hello @DaeDae929, welcome to the RP! :D I like your intro so far, especially the description of Viper. She sounds terrifying to meet in combat. ;) )

A fly tickled it's way into Silas's nose and he awoke with a start, sneezing the bugger out and shaking his head violently at the intrusion. Grumpy from the unwelcome wake-up, he attempted to shift around and get comfortable again. Korinth was still next to him, though Silas couldn't tell if the old warrior was awake or asleep. He perked his ears up to listen to the sleeping clan. Everything sounded normal, so Silas yawned and began closing his eyes again... When he caught a glimmer of gold on a ridge some distance from the camp. Slowing his breathing so he appeared asleep, his gaze focused on the glimmer, honing in on the area. There was definitely something... No, perhaps a few things moving there. As he watched, there were several more flickers of gold, like moonlight glinting off of metallic scales as a dragon moved about.

Curiosity getting the better of him, Silas quietly unwound himself and mulled over his options. He felt rested, though not satisfied from a full night's sleep. The dragon on the ridge couldn't be Guro, as her scales were red and white. Plus, he didn't think she would be moving about so carelessly this close to the travelling clan. So, it had to be a dragon he was unfamiliar with. The only way to make sure of the dragon's intentions was to find out for himself. Plus, he felt it was a personal insult to have such careless actions with so obvious a color scheme. He'd worked hard to master the art of moving unseen with his golden scales to avoid running into light beams which would reflect and give him away.

"Ko," Silas hissed quietly, moving his head closer to the warrior to avoid disturbing others, "I see something on the ridge over there," He nodded in the direction he'd seen the gold scales, "Looks like the golden scales of a dragon moving about. I'm going to investigate. Keep watch, but only rouse the clan if necessary." Pausing briefly to make sure the old warrior heard, Silas slipped as quietly as he could out of camp.

Once he reached the boundary of the woods, he stole into the underbrush and moved slowly toward the area, snaking his way along. Taking his time ensured maximum stealth, and all his senses were on high alert. He would investigate and only reveal himself once he had a good grasp of the situation. @LazyChimera

~~~

Upon hearing the medicine dragon's voice, Dusk finally stopped moving forward. The sensation of stopping felt odd to his legs, and they bowed under his weight. Collapsing onto the ground, Dusk painfully stretched his wings for her to see. "Alleeah," He said again, pushing down the rising feeling of dizziness, "We were attacked on the way.."

Panting, he took his time with words, pushing his raspy tongue along his dry mouth, "The dragon cloaked himself in fire." He laid his wings on the ground, hissing from the pain of the burned edges cracking after moving them.

"Went right through my wings in a dive," He managed to continue, "The leader fought him too. Leader took the flight further, to the Sky Tree. I think..." Feeling the blackness welling up, he tried to hurry his story, "Beast is dead. I hope. Yui was there, too. Haah. When did she-"

As he tried to focus, the blackness hit him like a brick and he was unconscious even before his head hit the ground. Only the shallow rise and fall of his chest as he breathed told the limping medicine dragon that he was still alive. @Mnementhmonic
(Hello @DaeDae929, welcome to the RP! :D I like your intro so far, especially the description of Viper. She sounds terrifying to meet in combat. ;) )

A fly tickled it's way into Silas's nose and he awoke with a start, sneezing the bugger out and shaking his head violently at the intrusion. Grumpy from the unwelcome wake-up, he attempted to shift around and get comfortable again. Korinth was still next to him, though Silas couldn't tell if the old warrior was awake or asleep. He perked his ears up to listen to the sleeping clan. Everything sounded normal, so Silas yawned and began closing his eyes again... When he caught a glimmer of gold on a ridge some distance from the camp. Slowing his breathing so he appeared asleep, his gaze focused on the glimmer, honing in on the area. There was definitely something... No, perhaps a few things moving there. As he watched, there were several more flickers of gold, like moonlight glinting off of metallic scales as a dragon moved about.

Curiosity getting the better of him, Silas quietly unwound himself and mulled over his options. He felt rested, though not satisfied from a full night's sleep. The dragon on the ridge couldn't be Guro, as her scales were red and white. Plus, he didn't think she would be moving about so carelessly this close to the travelling clan. So, it had to be a dragon he was unfamiliar with. The only way to make sure of the dragon's intentions was to find out for himself. Plus, he felt it was a personal insult to have such careless actions with so obvious a color scheme. He'd worked hard to master the art of moving unseen with his golden scales to avoid running into light beams which would reflect and give him away.

"Ko," Silas hissed quietly, moving his head closer to the warrior to avoid disturbing others, "I see something on the ridge over there," He nodded in the direction he'd seen the gold scales, "Looks like the golden scales of a dragon moving about. I'm going to investigate. Keep watch, but only rouse the clan if necessary." Pausing briefly to make sure the old warrior heard, Silas slipped as quietly as he could out of camp.

Once he reached the boundary of the woods, he stole into the underbrush and moved slowly toward the area, snaking his way along. Taking his time ensured maximum stealth, and all his senses were on high alert. He would investigate and only reveal himself once he had a good grasp of the situation. @LazyChimera

~~~

Upon hearing the medicine dragon's voice, Dusk finally stopped moving forward. The sensation of stopping felt odd to his legs, and they bowed under his weight. Collapsing onto the ground, Dusk painfully stretched his wings for her to see. "Alleeah," He said again, pushing down the rising feeling of dizziness, "We were attacked on the way.."

Panting, he took his time with words, pushing his raspy tongue along his dry mouth, "The dragon cloaked himself in fire." He laid his wings on the ground, hissing from the pain of the burned edges cracking after moving them.

"Went right through my wings in a dive," He managed to continue, "The leader fought him too. Leader took the flight further, to the Sky Tree. I think..." Feeling the blackness welling up, he tried to hurry his story, "Beast is dead. I hope. Yui was there, too. Haah. When did she-"

As he tried to focus, the blackness hit him like a brick and he was unconscious even before his head hit the ground. Only the shallow rise and fall of his chest as he breathed told the limping medicine dragon that he was still alive. @Mnementhmonic
zyvrj7C.png rkylBBV.png x0CMhAc.png
@EmeraldDragon13

Wasting no time, Alleeah dragged herself to Dusk's prone form. His story told her all she needed to know to treat him. Breath would do him little good. The massive wound was cauterized and sterile in most places, so she only blew healing onto him where it cracked and flesh peeked out from beneath the charred ruin. It was not blood loss or infection that had stolen his consciousness, but purely pain. Alleeah had treated burns aplenty in her long life as a healer, but none so large as this. It was a blessing, in a way, that it had touched only his wing, and not his core. He would certainly live, but his pain would have to be eased.

There was a bundle of numbing plants in Alleeah's bag, and she dug them out now. Selecting as many as she dared give him, she tore off the leaves and packed them all around the edges of Dusk's wound. Then, she took each root into her teeth and bit it gently. Even the brief contact left her unable to feel her gums. She mixed the roots with hard stones in a pouch and ground them together so that their juice coated the pouch. After shaking the rocks and roots out of the pouch, she placed it under Dusk's tongue and gently closed his jaw over it, so that he would swallow the juice gradually while he slept. Finally, she buried the spent roots so that no hatchlings would happen upon them. Dusk was large enough that they posed no danger, but one herb was potent enough to kill a small dragon, which was why she trusted no one with the secret of its origin.

"Rest now", she murmured, but Alleeah's thoughts were elsewhere. Who would dare attack a delegation headed to the Sky Tree? And why had no one from the clan accompanied Dusk back? She would have words with those responsible, that much was certain. Since she couldn't move him herself, she limped along until she could see other dragons and called to them. With their help, she and Dusk were transported to a warm lair, and Alleeah lay awake, fraught with worry for the delegation and the young one who had recklessly followed them while still recovering from her wounds.
@EmeraldDragon13

Wasting no time, Alleeah dragged herself to Dusk's prone form. His story told her all she needed to know to treat him. Breath would do him little good. The massive wound was cauterized and sterile in most places, so she only blew healing onto him where it cracked and flesh peeked out from beneath the charred ruin. It was not blood loss or infection that had stolen his consciousness, but purely pain. Alleeah had treated burns aplenty in her long life as a healer, but none so large as this. It was a blessing, in a way, that it had touched only his wing, and not his core. He would certainly live, but his pain would have to be eased.

There was a bundle of numbing plants in Alleeah's bag, and she dug them out now. Selecting as many as she dared give him, she tore off the leaves and packed them all around the edges of Dusk's wound. Then, she took each root into her teeth and bit it gently. Even the brief contact left her unable to feel her gums. She mixed the roots with hard stones in a pouch and ground them together so that their juice coated the pouch. After shaking the rocks and roots out of the pouch, she placed it under Dusk's tongue and gently closed his jaw over it, so that he would swallow the juice gradually while he slept. Finally, she buried the spent roots so that no hatchlings would happen upon them. Dusk was large enough that they posed no danger, but one herb was potent enough to kill a small dragon, which was why she trusted no one with the secret of its origin.

"Rest now", she murmured, but Alleeah's thoughts were elsewhere. Who would dare attack a delegation headed to the Sky Tree? And why had no one from the clan accompanied Dusk back? She would have words with those responsible, that much was certain. Since she couldn't move him herself, she limped along until she could see other dragons and called to them. With their help, she and Dusk were transported to a warm lair, and Alleeah lay awake, fraught with worry for the delegation and the young one who had recklessly followed them while still recovering from her wounds.
OVI5Wp2.gif
@Mnementhmonic @EmeraldDragon13 @LazyChimeraa

(Bringing Yui back, dropping Horus because he seemed like a burden)

Yui stumbled into view, the dead body of a dragon limp on her back as she hauled it forth. Her wings covered her eyes, and they were drenched from her continuous tears. Her steps were heavy and unsure. Yui's limbs were shaking, and she whimpered, using her tail to navigate the forest. She bumped into a scaly, unnatural shape. Yui figured out that this was a dragon and sat down the body and unfolded her wings. Instead of presumed sadness, rage boiled in her eyes as she roared at her leader. "How could you?!" Tears streamed down her face as she clawed at him. Her teeth bared and she roared in fury. "You.." Yui paused and her eye twitched. "Killed.." Another pause. "Him!!" The last word caught into a shriek and Yui became unaware of the dragons around her.

Yui's ears rang in rage, the world turning into a blur around her. Her tail thrashed wildly and she lit the ground aflame, the plumes crackling. Her eyes were scorched with the redness of crying, and her face was etched with rage. Yui roared at the top of her lungs, but it came out a rageful scream. Her breathing quickened and she dropped to the ground, advancing toward her leader as she suddenly collapsed from fatigue.
@Mnementhmonic @EmeraldDragon13 @LazyChimeraa

(Bringing Yui back, dropping Horus because he seemed like a burden)

Yui stumbled into view, the dead body of a dragon limp on her back as she hauled it forth. Her wings covered her eyes, and they were drenched from her continuous tears. Her steps were heavy and unsure. Yui's limbs were shaking, and she whimpered, using her tail to navigate the forest. She bumped into a scaly, unnatural shape. Yui figured out that this was a dragon and sat down the body and unfolded her wings. Instead of presumed sadness, rage boiled in her eyes as she roared at her leader. "How could you?!" Tears streamed down her face as she clawed at him. Her teeth bared and she roared in fury. "You.." Yui paused and her eye twitched. "Killed.." Another pause. "Him!!" The last word caught into a shriek and Yui became unaware of the dragons around her.

Yui's ears rang in rage, the world turning into a blur around her. Her tail thrashed wildly and she lit the ground aflame, the plumes crackling. Her eyes were scorched with the redness of crying, and her face was etched with rage. Yui roared at the top of her lungs, but it came out a rageful scream. Her breathing quickened and she dropped to the ground, advancing toward her leader as she suddenly collapsed from fatigue.
Startled out of her thoughts by the visceral shouts, Alleeah turned and stared at Yui, hauling a dragon's body into the cave. A male... Was he? No, she could see already that his lungs drew no breath. If she needed any more proof, Yui's screamed accusation sealed it. This must be the dragon who had crippled Dusk. Who was he to this little one that she was so grieved?

Thinking she would harm their leader, Alleeah struggled up, limping on three legs to block Yui. "Stop, now, you'll hurt yourself!" She was about to call for help, but there was no need. Already the delicate thing was exhausted and other healers were drawn near by Yui's screams. Alleeah locked eyes with one and snapped at him.

"Get her some food. now! Fresh herd-blood!" Hot deer or horse blood was the fastest way to restore a dragon's vitality. She began to fret over her, wondering how the rune-touched child had managed to escape from her care. She examined cuts, but none had re-opened. Still, Alleeah worried, knowing full well the damage that the fresh wound of loss could deal to one already weakened.
Startled out of her thoughts by the visceral shouts, Alleeah turned and stared at Yui, hauling a dragon's body into the cave. A male... Was he? No, she could see already that his lungs drew no breath. If she needed any more proof, Yui's screamed accusation sealed it. This must be the dragon who had crippled Dusk. Who was he to this little one that she was so grieved?

Thinking she would harm their leader, Alleeah struggled up, limping on three legs to block Yui. "Stop, now, you'll hurt yourself!" She was about to call for help, but there was no need. Already the delicate thing was exhausted and other healers were drawn near by Yui's screams. Alleeah locked eyes with one and snapped at him.

"Get her some food. now! Fresh herd-blood!" Hot deer or horse blood was the fastest way to restore a dragon's vitality. She began to fret over her, wondering how the rune-touched child had managed to escape from her care. She examined cuts, but none had re-opened. Still, Alleeah worried, knowing full well the damage that the fresh wound of loss could deal to one already weakened.
OVI5Wp2.gif
((ooo, such a lovely roleplay. I hadn't the time to read the whole 15 pages, but I want to join before it's too late! Please do tell me if I'm doing something against the story, or should delete and change my post. ^^))

The almost endless barren land before the colossal beast bore the desolation that exile brings. The mountains were far east, but all she remembers is the dusty, unstable terrain beneath her weathered claws. Decades of erosion can be swept away by the beating of her wings. Her height is almost two times the size of any dragon, length tripled. It is a strange to see such an ancient beauty. Scales of her youth are chipped away to grow an almost feather-like sustance. Tufts and curls of her coat are in the best condition for where the beast presides. The dark red and gold markings of her hide are almost nonexistent, a thick layer of sand crusts over its brilliance. Large, straight antlers that rear back show her true colours. Radiant red, gold, and hints of blue and green shine from the bone (a similar bone shoots out from the bridge of her nose--much smaller and worn). It looks fragile, despite the size and length of the horns. It really stands out in the monochrome of the desert. She just really needs a nice bath, is all.

Rhaxmae... her name feels like some sort of sin. The warmth it once had faded with the years. She's in her prime, even if she bares no eggs this breeding season. Small comforts come to her in this time of hormonal distress. Large rocks can cover her from the dust storms that rage every few years, and the scraps from the empire come in a passing breeze. The lack of change tempts her to more populated places. The ancestry of her blood demands that she dominates the region, and keep her race from dying. However, her personality differs greatly from her blood; she's, what they call, "submissive". What was once a great offense now only irritates her. She has better things to do now.

The two sets of wings on Rhaxmae's back move heavily to even out the terrain where she rested. A strong breeze pushes sand dunes from her claws into an oval-like shape. With practiced ease, she extends her feathered wings close to the ground to feel the wind weave in-between her feathers to dust them off. Oh, how she missed flying. Her body was shaped to stay in air for long amounts of time, yet she was land bound for centuries. The breeze takes her mind off the urges to care for nonexistent young. Maybe, soon, she'll take to the air once again.

Wings half way shut, she starts the travel for something editable. She stayed in this area too long. The cacti and their fruit are all gone. The birds and small rodents that came with them migrated south. It's probably been a month or two since she had a scrap. She'd fight for a cactus, if she found one.

One last glance was all she needed to move on.

((I have an unfinished picture of Rhaxmae I drew a month ago, but I have to redraw her. I'll send it when I finished!))
((ooo, such a lovely roleplay. I hadn't the time to read the whole 15 pages, but I want to join before it's too late! Please do tell me if I'm doing something against the story, or should delete and change my post. ^^))

The almost endless barren land before the colossal beast bore the desolation that exile brings. The mountains were far east, but all she remembers is the dusty, unstable terrain beneath her weathered claws. Decades of erosion can be swept away by the beating of her wings. Her height is almost two times the size of any dragon, length tripled. It is a strange to see such an ancient beauty. Scales of her youth are chipped away to grow an almost feather-like sustance. Tufts and curls of her coat are in the best condition for where the beast presides. The dark red and gold markings of her hide are almost nonexistent, a thick layer of sand crusts over its brilliance. Large, straight antlers that rear back show her true colours. Radiant red, gold, and hints of blue and green shine from the bone (a similar bone shoots out from the bridge of her nose--much smaller and worn). It looks fragile, despite the size and length of the horns. It really stands out in the monochrome of the desert. She just really needs a nice bath, is all.

Rhaxmae... her name feels like some sort of sin. The warmth it once had faded with the years. She's in her prime, even if she bares no eggs this breeding season. Small comforts come to her in this time of hormonal distress. Large rocks can cover her from the dust storms that rage every few years, and the scraps from the empire come in a passing breeze. The lack of change tempts her to more populated places. The ancestry of her blood demands that she dominates the region, and keep her race from dying. However, her personality differs greatly from her blood; she's, what they call, "submissive". What was once a great offense now only irritates her. She has better things to do now.

The two sets of wings on Rhaxmae's back move heavily to even out the terrain where she rested. A strong breeze pushes sand dunes from her claws into an oval-like shape. With practiced ease, she extends her feathered wings close to the ground to feel the wind weave in-between her feathers to dust them off. Oh, how she missed flying. Her body was shaped to stay in air for long amounts of time, yet she was land bound for centuries. The breeze takes her mind off the urges to care for nonexistent young. Maybe, soon, she'll take to the air once again.

Wings half way shut, she starts the travel for something editable. She stayed in this area too long. The cacti and their fruit are all gone. The birds and small rodents that came with them migrated south. It's probably been a month or two since she had a scrap. She'd fight for a cactus, if she found one.

One last glance was all she needed to move on.

((I have an unfinished picture of Rhaxmae I drew a month ago, but I have to redraw her. I'll send it when I finished!))
PDNmiBP.png call me font
my art shop
your typical taurus
+3 FR time
1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16