Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Through Fire and Flames (open)
1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 15 16
Purring with delight, Annelie eyed the eager black dragon before her. He was cunning and liked to deceive other dragons, even those who trusted him. Yet, for as long as Annelie and Annria had known him, he had been loyal and trustworthy to them. And that is what she continued to count on as she thanked him for agreeing, and began giving him orders. "We're meeting in the central chamber, near the entrance so we don't disturb the brood mothers more than necessary. If you hadn't noticed, most of the eggs have been gathered together in one giant nest so they're easier to keep watch over." She made a mental note to Annria making sure she'd go check on Lorde, so they were aware of who was going to be leaving. Defenses would be left to the stoic warrior in the absence of the 5 departing to the Sky Tree. Humming softly to herself, she nodded at Brangwen and added, "It was Valentine's idea to gather the eggs so as to have only one nest to look out for." Studying his reaction, she added, "It was also his idea to ask you to come along. Wasn't that nice of him?" Prancing past Brangwen, she studied his face briefly, taking in the twisted and mangled visage that hid most of his emotional expressions. She thought it quite brilliant that he was able to carry such a poker face to aid him in his line of work. Then again, it was probably because of his face looking the way it is that he fell into thievery and deception in the first place. Her eyes glimmered with understanding and respect; she was proud of him for learning to read motives so well, and happy that he had found a home in her clan. Remembering that Valentine was searching for Rhoselarth, and convincing her to fly with them, she sighed. "I should probably go help wrangle Rhoselarth into coming with us..." Annelie said slowly, reluctantly stretching her wings again. She believed that Valentine could do it, though the little fae's unpredictability worried her. She was just as likely to strangle the poor thing in thorns as she was to agree and decide to make a pot of herbal stew in the meantime. (@LazyChimera you're free to orchestrate Rhoselarth however you'd like, but this is the dragon and personality I keep referring to/thinking of. You can read her bio and use it as a base if you'd like, or make your own character. You've got free reign! :3 [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=27517963] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/275180/27517963_350.png[/img] [/url] ~Rhoselarth) [center]~~~[/center] Examining the small cuts and lacerations covering his body, Silas saw none that wouldn't heal within a few days. Birds were much smaller than dragons, after all. He nodded to Korinth, responding with, "Mmm, this does seem like a rather welcoming bunch. I'm glad you've found a new family to protect, my friend." Silas wolfed down the rest of his deer, proud of himself for managing to finish the entire thing. He'd need all the energy he could get, and an entire deer would fuel him for quite a few days. After it digested, of course. He began to feel sleepy, "Well, an adventurer like me can certainly enjoy company like this every once in a while, but come tomorrow I really should be going." Glancing around, he noticed that the hatchlings had all passed out in little bunches around the broodmothers, and a few of them had gone to sleep. A few dragons were still awake, though, so Silas felt safe enough resting for the night. "I think the deer is sitting well in my belly, I'm ready for a nap. If something happens tonight, I hope it's loud enough to wake me. In the meantime, time to focus on this deer." He circled around a few times on the ground next to Korinth, then settled down and immediately began to drift off. [center]~~~[/center] Soaring in formation with Blu and Rosencrantz, Thalassa noticed a shadow slither down to the ground a ways in front of them. They were still a short distance behind Dusk, who filled a section of the sky with his black and grey mass. She noticed him slowing, watching the area where the shadow, whom Thalassa assumed to be the clan leader, had gone. Unsure what she should do, she continued to follow Dusk until he told her otherwise. [center]~[/center] Dusk noticed the hostile presence almost immediately, and watched the shadow make contact with it from up in the sky. He kept his eyes on the hostile intruder with an intense gaze, preparing himself to drop onto it at a moment's notice.
Purring with delight, Annelie eyed the eager black dragon before her. He was cunning and liked to deceive other dragons, even those who trusted him. Yet, for as long as Annelie and Annria had known him, he had been loyal and trustworthy to them. And that is what she continued to count on as she thanked him for agreeing, and began giving him orders.

"We're meeting in the central chamber, near the entrance so we don't disturb the brood mothers more than necessary. If you hadn't noticed, most of the eggs have been gathered together in one giant nest so they're easier to keep watch over." She made a mental note to Annria making sure she'd go check on Lorde, so they were aware of who was going to be leaving. Defenses would be left to the stoic warrior in the absence of the 5 departing to the Sky Tree. Humming softly to herself, she nodded at Brangwen and added, "It was Valentine's idea to gather the eggs so as to have only one nest to look out for." Studying his reaction, she added, "It was also his idea to ask you to come along. Wasn't that nice of him?"

Prancing past Brangwen, she studied his face briefly, taking in the twisted and mangled visage that hid most of his emotional expressions. She thought it quite brilliant that he was able to carry such a poker face to aid him in his line of work. Then again, it was probably because of his face looking the way it is that he fell into thievery and deception in the first place. Her eyes glimmered with understanding and respect; she was proud of him for learning to read motives so well, and happy that he had found a home in her clan.

Remembering that Valentine was searching for Rhoselarth, and convincing her to fly with them, she sighed. "I should probably go help wrangle Rhoselarth into coming with us..." Annelie said slowly, reluctantly stretching her wings again. She believed that Valentine could do it, though the little fae's unpredictability worried her. She was just as likely to strangle the poor thing in thorns as she was to agree and decide to make a pot of herbal stew in the meantime.

(@LazyChimera you're free to orchestrate Rhoselarth however you'd like, but this is the dragon and personality I keep referring to/thinking of. You can read her bio and use it as a base if you'd like, or make your own character. You've got free reign! :3

27517963_350.png
~Rhoselarth)
~~~

Examining the small cuts and lacerations covering his body, Silas saw none that wouldn't heal within a few days. Birds were much smaller than dragons, after all. He nodded to Korinth, responding with, "Mmm, this does seem like a rather welcoming bunch. I'm glad you've found a new family to protect, my friend." Silas wolfed down the rest of his deer, proud of himself for managing to finish the entire thing. He'd need all the energy he could get, and an entire deer would fuel him for quite a few days. After it digested, of course.

He began to feel sleepy, "Well, an adventurer like me can certainly enjoy company like this every once in a while, but come tomorrow I really should be going." Glancing around, he noticed that the hatchlings had all passed out in little bunches around the broodmothers, and a few of them had gone to sleep. A few dragons were still awake, though, so Silas felt safe enough resting for the night. "I think the deer is sitting well in my belly, I'm ready for a nap. If something happens tonight, I hope it's loud enough to wake me. In the meantime, time to focus on this deer." He circled around a few times on the ground next to Korinth, then settled down and immediately began to drift off.
~~~

Soaring in formation with Blu and Rosencrantz, Thalassa noticed a shadow slither down to the ground a ways in front of them. They were still a short distance behind Dusk, who filled a section of the sky with his black and grey mass. She noticed him slowing, watching the area where the shadow, whom Thalassa assumed to be the clan leader, had gone. Unsure what she should do, she continued to follow Dusk until he told her otherwise.
~

Dusk noticed the hostile presence almost immediately, and watched the shadow make contact with it from up in the sky. He kept his eyes on the hostile intruder with an intense gaze, preparing himself to drop onto it at a moment's notice.
zyvrj7C.png rkylBBV.png x0CMhAc.png
Yui shuddered, her scales ruffling as she awoke from her slumber. Her head was spinning. Perhaps she had had too much sleep. She opened her mouth and licked it, it was dry. She looked at the dragon that had shaken her with a bewildered look and blinked "Yes?"
Yui shuddered, her scales ruffling as she awoke from her slumber. Her head was spinning. Perhaps she had had too much sleep. She opened her mouth and licked it, it was dry. She looked at the dragon that had shaken her with a bewildered look and blinked "Yes?"
(Unknown)
He snickered, his claws here heating. First a bright red, then orange, then yellow, then blue. Heat surged through his body. It had been a long time since he had done this. Would he fall into a cooldown coma again? It was unsure. Nevertheless, he would have to avenge his love and their lost eggs. This empire would be brought down. His spine tingled, his teeth also becoming white hot. The spines on his tail gleamed in the moonlight, gradually heating up until he was ready. Everything seemed perfect. The night charged him up, as it always had. The air was cool and dry, providing extra space for the heat to ventilate into his adversary. He laughed harshly and sank his claws deep into the opposing dragon's sides and headbutted him, the hot spines above his eyes driving in deep to the dragon's flesh of the forehead. He felt flesh sizzling, snapping beneath his blazing claws. His headdress fell, revealing a scarred face with two glowing green eyes. The only dragon who had these markings and scars, the once happy dragon, the dragon who had his family ripped away. Shatter.
(Unknown)
He snickered, his claws here heating. First a bright red, then orange, then yellow, then blue. Heat surged through his body. It had been a long time since he had done this. Would he fall into a cooldown coma again? It was unsure. Nevertheless, he would have to avenge his love and their lost eggs. This empire would be brought down. His spine tingled, his teeth also becoming white hot. The spines on his tail gleamed in the moonlight, gradually heating up until he was ready. Everything seemed perfect. The night charged him up, as it always had. The air was cool and dry, providing extra space for the heat to ventilate into his adversary. He laughed harshly and sank his claws deep into the opposing dragon's sides and headbutted him, the hot spines above his eyes driving in deep to the dragon's flesh of the forehead. He felt flesh sizzling, snapping beneath his blazing claws. His headdress fell, revealing a scarred face with two glowing green eyes. The only dragon who had these markings and scars, the once happy dragon, the dragon who had his family ripped away. Shatter.
[@Kilowattdreams Am I correct in thinking this mysterious flamecaller is one of Yui's attackers? What Alleeah does next will probably depend on that detail]

"I know you are exhausted, but you are vulnerable here. There is a safer place."
Ignoring the other healers' protests, she gave Yui a gentle but firm arm to lift her up off the ground. Alleeah might be old, but she was also quite a bit larger than the rune-child, so her weight was little burden. At least, that was what she told her creaking joints so that they would be silent. Noticing Yui's dry mouth and halting speech, the scaly matron pulled a flask of spring water from another fold in her robes and held it to her lips. Whilst waiting for her to drink, she continued.

"I am Alleeah. My grand-nephew told me how you came to be injured. Please tell me anything you can remember about the dragons who attacked you. I believe they are very close."

[@Kilowattdreams Am I correct in thinking this mysterious flamecaller is one of Yui's attackers? What Alleeah does next will probably depend on that detail]

"I know you are exhausted, but you are vulnerable here. There is a safer place."
Ignoring the other healers' protests, she gave Yui a gentle but firm arm to lift her up off the ground. Alleeah might be old, but she was also quite a bit larger than the rune-child, so her weight was little burden. At least, that was what she told her creaking joints so that they would be silent. Noticing Yui's dry mouth and halting speech, the scaly matron pulled a flask of spring water from another fold in her robes and held it to her lips. Whilst waiting for her to drink, she continued.

"I am Alleeah. My grand-nephew told me how you came to be injured. Please tell me anything you can remember about the dragons who attacked you. I believe they are very close."

OVI5Wp2.gif
"One of them has the power to transform into mere shadow. The other was ordinary, but has a special talent to manipulate the mind. The third was a bright yellow dragon, who could supercharge their speed. The fourth I never got a good glimpse of, but had countless spines that were razored. The fifth at first lit his body on flame to scare me, but then turned his scales white hot and knocked me out of the sky."
"One of them has the power to transform into mere shadow. The other was ordinary, but has a special talent to manipulate the mind. The third was a bright yellow dragon, who could supercharge their speed. The fourth I never got a good glimpse of, but had countless spines that were razored. The fifth at first lit his body on flame to scare me, but then turned his scales white hot and knocked me out of the sky."
“You should have seen the look on your face!” Rhoselarth giggled pointing out the other dragoons expression, Valentine was not amused. “Well I’m glad that you enjoyed that, but I have come--”

“Do you like what I did, I found this cavern and decided that it needed some decorating!”

Valentine sighed as he was caught off but continued, “Uh, yes, this is quite lovely but--”

Once again he was interrupted, “I know right! Although I think I might have overdone it with my magic, I think it worked out great!” she said excitedly, but before Valentine could get a word in she continued. “You know Valentine? I think I should try my luck at making other things grow other than flowers? Maybe mushrooms?” she then gasped before once again continuing, “Oh my! I should definitely try and grow fungus with my magic! That way we could make delicious soup or stew with meat! She continued on her tangent, not noticing that the other was clearly annoyed.

“That would be fun! Think of all the mushrooms I could make, maybe even poisonous ones? Hmm, then I should try making potions once I figure out how to magically grow them…” Valentine sighed heavily as the little blue fae kept rambling on, every time he got a word in she would cut him off once more. Until he had enough, “RHOSELARTH!” he screamed at her.

“Yes?” she said once she was cut off by the larger dragon with a smile, not even fazed in the slightest. Valentine had to take a couple of deep breaths to calm himself down before speaking again, his cheeks slightly red from embarrassment. “As I was trying to say, there will be a meeting held at the Sky Tree tonight and Annilie has chosen you to be one of the five dragons to come with them.” Valentine said quickly so that the chatter-box wouldn’t have time to interrupt him. Rhoselarth blinked, “Well why didn’t you say so!” she said jumping up and flapping her wings, he could only groan in response.

“Maybe we should bring a couple of things, OH, I know let me just--”

Before she could dart off Valentine grabbed her out of the air, “No time for that, let’s just meet up with the leaders, we shouldn’t keep them waiting!” Valentine said quickly and flew out of the flower-covered cave before the tiny dragon could protest.

Brangwen listened carefully to Annelie as she spoke, he had been wondering why there was a sudden influx of brood mothers moving their eggs, ’This must be Val’s doing’ he thought to himself before the clan leader confirmed his suspicions. That sounded just like something he would do. He was a little surprised when she said Valentine suggested to bring him, but he tried not to show it. Even if he had deceived the dragon multiple times he still put faith in him? No, it was not a matter a trust but of knowledge. Brangwen didn’t think he would allow this honor to him, but he was a strategist among all else. He made a mental note to not play mind games with him, or at least not as much from this point forward.

“Very much so, I think I will have to thank him for this opportunity.” The beastly dragon said, although he probably just forget. His heart skipped a beat seeing the look of care in her eyes, though he did not show it, he did have a hidden affection for the two sisters. He would never voice them, as he was unworthy of them. He wanted to say something but he held his tongue as Annelie spread her wings, he only nodded in response and began to make his way to the meeting place as he was instructed.

The older, Rust dragon nodded in response. Korinth soon felt his eyelids grew heavy but he fought it off, he wanted to stay awake tonight, he had to stay awake. His venerable age was getting to him, sure he could keep up with the caravan but he didn’t have enough energy to spare like he used to. Luckily Silas felt the same way and was prepared to rest, “Fair enough, I’ll try my best to stay awake in case anything happens and if I manage to keep awake when something does I shall awake you.” Korinth said to the other as her curled up next to him.

Even through the gash on his arm was painful he did not react, his pain tolerance was something among legends. “Then you shall perish here, monster.” he hissed. His confusion at the others question left him open, feeling the other began radiating a strange heat from his body before his next assault. Having the aggressors claws dug into him his devil-like tail wrapped then around one of the forearms from instinct and tugged, making his sharpened scales dig into and pierce the flesh.

The shadow dragon was lucky that his mask gave protection from the others horns from piercing the scales on his head, although the heat from his horns was as hot as iron that had been taken out of a forge. Once again he hissed but this time in pain, he could only assume that this dragon had delved into the forbidden arts for him to have these abilities. That was the only reason he could think of for the other having these powers.

“You’re truly are a monster.” he said with a grin behind his mask, “Transforming into your true self underneath the moonlight? Only demons and unruly beasts do that!” he said before tightening the grip on his tail before pulling it back quickly, the scales of his tail cutting into the other arm as it began to unfurl. It only took only a second when he ripped his tail away for the others arm, ripping flesh and muscles with it, leaving the bone exposed.

With that he manage to struggle and dislodge his horns from his now heavily crackled mask, his face almost exposed. His arms launched forward, grabbing the larger dragons face. He felt around before finding the others eyes and quickly sinking his claws in them. It was a dirty tactic, but so was injuring an innocent female from his clan. The smell of burnt flesh sickened him, especially because it was his own. “You shall pay for your crimes!” he said before ripping himself free from their claws, making distance between them.

He could feel that his sides were charred and bloodied, his cloak sticking to his body from the blood that has spilt. The only good thing came was that his wounds had been cauterized thanks to the burning heat of the others claws, making him unlikely to bleed out anytime soon. The large gash on his arm was another thing altogether, but his men were watching him, he couldn’t show weakness. The shadowy Leader was ready to constrict and use his sharped scales to cut open his throat if the dragon took an inch towards him.
“You should have seen the look on your face!” Rhoselarth giggled pointing out the other dragoons expression, Valentine was not amused. “Well I’m glad that you enjoyed that, but I have come--”

“Do you like what I did, I found this cavern and decided that it needed some decorating!”

Valentine sighed as he was caught off but continued, “Uh, yes, this is quite lovely but--”

Once again he was interrupted, “I know right! Although I think I might have overdone it with my magic, I think it worked out great!” she said excitedly, but before Valentine could get a word in she continued. “You know Valentine? I think I should try my luck at making other things grow other than flowers? Maybe mushrooms?” she then gasped before once again continuing, “Oh my! I should definitely try and grow fungus with my magic! That way we could make delicious soup or stew with meat! She continued on her tangent, not noticing that the other was clearly annoyed.

“That would be fun! Think of all the mushrooms I could make, maybe even poisonous ones? Hmm, then I should try making potions once I figure out how to magically grow them…” Valentine sighed heavily as the little blue fae kept rambling on, every time he got a word in she would cut him off once more. Until he had enough, “RHOSELARTH!” he screamed at her.

“Yes?” she said once she was cut off by the larger dragon with a smile, not even fazed in the slightest. Valentine had to take a couple of deep breaths to calm himself down before speaking again, his cheeks slightly red from embarrassment. “As I was trying to say, there will be a meeting held at the Sky Tree tonight and Annilie has chosen you to be one of the five dragons to come with them.” Valentine said quickly so that the chatter-box wouldn’t have time to interrupt him. Rhoselarth blinked, “Well why didn’t you say so!” she said jumping up and flapping her wings, he could only groan in response.

“Maybe we should bring a couple of things, OH, I know let me just--”

Before she could dart off Valentine grabbed her out of the air, “No time for that, let’s just meet up with the leaders, we shouldn’t keep them waiting!” Valentine said quickly and flew out of the flower-covered cave before the tiny dragon could protest.

Brangwen listened carefully to Annelie as she spoke, he had been wondering why there was a sudden influx of brood mothers moving their eggs, ’This must be Val’s doing’ he thought to himself before the clan leader confirmed his suspicions. That sounded just like something he would do. He was a little surprised when she said Valentine suggested to bring him, but he tried not to show it. Even if he had deceived the dragon multiple times he still put faith in him? No, it was not a matter a trust but of knowledge. Brangwen didn’t think he would allow this honor to him, but he was a strategist among all else. He made a mental note to not play mind games with him, or at least not as much from this point forward.

“Very much so, I think I will have to thank him for this opportunity.” The beastly dragon said, although he probably just forget. His heart skipped a beat seeing the look of care in her eyes, though he did not show it, he did have a hidden affection for the two sisters. He would never voice them, as he was unworthy of them. He wanted to say something but he held his tongue as Annelie spread her wings, he only nodded in response and began to make his way to the meeting place as he was instructed.

The older, Rust dragon nodded in response. Korinth soon felt his eyelids grew heavy but he fought it off, he wanted to stay awake tonight, he had to stay awake. His venerable age was getting to him, sure he could keep up with the caravan but he didn’t have enough energy to spare like he used to. Luckily Silas felt the same way and was prepared to rest, “Fair enough, I’ll try my best to stay awake in case anything happens and if I manage to keep awake when something does I shall awake you.” Korinth said to the other as her curled up next to him.

Even through the gash on his arm was painful he did not react, his pain tolerance was something among legends. “Then you shall perish here, monster.” he hissed. His confusion at the others question left him open, feeling the other began radiating a strange heat from his body before his next assault. Having the aggressors claws dug into him his devil-like tail wrapped then around one of the forearms from instinct and tugged, making his sharpened scales dig into and pierce the flesh.

The shadow dragon was lucky that his mask gave protection from the others horns from piercing the scales on his head, although the heat from his horns was as hot as iron that had been taken out of a forge. Once again he hissed but this time in pain, he could only assume that this dragon had delved into the forbidden arts for him to have these abilities. That was the only reason he could think of for the other having these powers.

“You’re truly are a monster.” he said with a grin behind his mask, “Transforming into your true self underneath the moonlight? Only demons and unruly beasts do that!” he said before tightening the grip on his tail before pulling it back quickly, the scales of his tail cutting into the other arm as it began to unfurl. It only took only a second when he ripped his tail away for the others arm, ripping flesh and muscles with it, leaving the bone exposed.

With that he manage to struggle and dislodge his horns from his now heavily crackled mask, his face almost exposed. His arms launched forward, grabbing the larger dragons face. He felt around before finding the others eyes and quickly sinking his claws in them. It was a dirty tactic, but so was injuring an innocent female from his clan. The smell of burnt flesh sickened him, especially because it was his own. “You shall pay for your crimes!” he said before ripping himself free from their claws, making distance between them.

He could feel that his sides were charred and bloodied, his cloak sticking to his body from the blood that has spilt. The only good thing came was that his wounds had been cauterized thanks to the burning heat of the others claws, making him unlikely to bleed out anytime soon. The large gash on his arm was another thing altogether, but his men were watching him, he couldn’t show weakness. The shadowy Leader was ready to constrict and use his sharped scales to cut open his throat if the dragon took an inch towards him.
He shook on the grass, blood rushing from his sides. Everything was pain. His breathing was heavy, and it hurt him to twitch the slightest muscle. His wings were frayed and torn, his eyes bloodied up. It hurt. It burned. It seeped. I will live.

He rushed out of nowhere to the dragon in a ball of fire. His scales were white-hot all over his body, even trying to claw or gnaw or harm in anyway would melt his scales, teeth, and claws. He blinked tears away from his face, remembering the innocent family that had been taken away by this dragon's father. He didn't want to hurt anyone, but he would avenge his hatchlings and mate.

Shatter collided with the large dragon, leaving burn marks instead of melting scales. He wouldn't let go. He wouldn't kill anyone. Not this time.

His scales descended into blue, and then yellow, then normal. He crumpled on the grass is exhaustion, prepared for the worst.
He shook on the grass, blood rushing from his sides. Everything was pain. His breathing was heavy, and it hurt him to twitch the slightest muscle. His wings were frayed and torn, his eyes bloodied up. It hurt. It burned. It seeped. I will live.

He rushed out of nowhere to the dragon in a ball of fire. His scales were white-hot all over his body, even trying to claw or gnaw or harm in anyway would melt his scales, teeth, and claws. He blinked tears away from his face, remembering the innocent family that had been taken away by this dragon's father. He didn't want to hurt anyone, but he would avenge his hatchlings and mate.

Shatter collided with the large dragon, leaving burn marks instead of melting scales. He wouldn't let go. He wouldn't kill anyone. Not this time.

His scales descended into blue, and then yellow, then normal. He crumpled on the grass is exhaustion, prepared for the worst.
Roaring as the smoking stranger attacked his leader, Dusk dropped out of the sky towards them. They attacked each other in an instant, the tearing and ripping and burning of flesh happening so quickly that Dusk stood no chance of getting there in time. He was preparing to throw his tail into the attacker after somersaulting, but as he drew closer he noticed the attacker had slumped to the ground, growing colder.

Flaring his massive grey wings, Dusk slowed his descent just enough to avoid crashing into the smoldering dragon. Landing right next to the attacker, Dusk was momentarily stunned from the impact, but took in the injuries of both dragons quickly. "My lord, are you alright?" Dusk asked quickly, keeping his eyes on the color-changing dragon before him. Once he was reassured that the shadow dragon's life wasn't in danger, his attention centered on the intruder.

"How dare you attack us, you mongrel!" Dusk boomed, flicking his tail over the heaving mass of smoldering dragon, testing the temperature. Once it cooled to a temperature he knew he could stand, Dusk placed his claws threateningly around the creature's throat, all but stepping on it as his claws fastened under the jaw of the still-cooling dragon. "Did you attack Yui as well? The small female from our clan?" His eyes smoldered with rage; if he'd had this dragon's power it would have burned holes through his adversary.

He addressed his leader once again, "What would you like me to do with this maggot, my lord?"
~

Thalassa flapped hard to keep up with Dusk, though the larger dragon was much faster than her when it came to flying. She descended in spiraling loops, taking in the damage the flaming dragon had done to their leader and cringing from the loudness of Dusk's threat. Curious about the face behind the mask, Thalassa's gaze lingered longer than it should have on the shadow dragon's cracked and melted mask. Would he be covered in scars from countless battles? Unmarred from fighting with clever and sneaky tactics? How old was he? She caught herself staring and quickly looked away. His cloak hid most of his body still, though it had been ripped and torn in places. She noticed the burned wounds on his side, and though she worried for his health, she couldn't help but feel grateful that he'd been facing the monster and not her. Such powers were the stuff of legends and tales that broodmothers told to hatchlings to instill fear and caution. At least, that's what she'd thought. Perhaps it was a forbidden technique, something that would take a horrible crime to achieve.

In any case, Thalassa kept her distance from Dusk, the Leader, and the now-creme-colored dragon as she landed.
~~~

"I shall be with you shortly, right after I make sure Valentine has delivered my message to Rhoselarth." Annelie began humming as she bounded away from Brangwen, then leaped into the air. Gliding around the meadow, she quickly spotted Valentine's pink wings as he took to the air, and she danced through the sky toward him.

She called out as she approached and adjusted her flight path to match his, heading toward the central chamber in the heart of the ancient castle. "Valentine! I see you have the little one in the bag, as they say." She grinned as she saw Rhoselarth squirming in his grip. The little dragon had a very strong affinity to magic, and lived in the field of flowers that surrounded the castle. Annelie and Annria were really the only ones who could command the exuberantly eccentric plantweaver... to an extent.

Annelie would have to be strict with her so she didn't chatter during the meeting. It was comforting to have a plantweaver along with them as the meeting was in a giant tree, and Annelie wanted to plan for anything. If a fight broke out, Rhoselarth would be very helpful in subduing trouble with her command of nature.

@LazyChimera, @Kilowattdreams
Roaring as the smoking stranger attacked his leader, Dusk dropped out of the sky towards them. They attacked each other in an instant, the tearing and ripping and burning of flesh happening so quickly that Dusk stood no chance of getting there in time. He was preparing to throw his tail into the attacker after somersaulting, but as he drew closer he noticed the attacker had slumped to the ground, growing colder.

Flaring his massive grey wings, Dusk slowed his descent just enough to avoid crashing into the smoldering dragon. Landing right next to the attacker, Dusk was momentarily stunned from the impact, but took in the injuries of both dragons quickly. "My lord, are you alright?" Dusk asked quickly, keeping his eyes on the color-changing dragon before him. Once he was reassured that the shadow dragon's life wasn't in danger, his attention centered on the intruder.

"How dare you attack us, you mongrel!" Dusk boomed, flicking his tail over the heaving mass of smoldering dragon, testing the temperature. Once it cooled to a temperature he knew he could stand, Dusk placed his claws threateningly around the creature's throat, all but stepping on it as his claws fastened under the jaw of the still-cooling dragon. "Did you attack Yui as well? The small female from our clan?" His eyes smoldered with rage; if he'd had this dragon's power it would have burned holes through his adversary.

He addressed his leader once again, "What would you like me to do with this maggot, my lord?"
~

Thalassa flapped hard to keep up with Dusk, though the larger dragon was much faster than her when it came to flying. She descended in spiraling loops, taking in the damage the flaming dragon had done to their leader and cringing from the loudness of Dusk's threat. Curious about the face behind the mask, Thalassa's gaze lingered longer than it should have on the shadow dragon's cracked and melted mask. Would he be covered in scars from countless battles? Unmarred from fighting with clever and sneaky tactics? How old was he? She caught herself staring and quickly looked away. His cloak hid most of his body still, though it had been ripped and torn in places. She noticed the burned wounds on his side, and though she worried for his health, she couldn't help but feel grateful that he'd been facing the monster and not her. Such powers were the stuff of legends and tales that broodmothers told to hatchlings to instill fear and caution. At least, that's what she'd thought. Perhaps it was a forbidden technique, something that would take a horrible crime to achieve.

In any case, Thalassa kept her distance from Dusk, the Leader, and the now-creme-colored dragon as she landed.
~~~

"I shall be with you shortly, right after I make sure Valentine has delivered my message to Rhoselarth." Annelie began humming as she bounded away from Brangwen, then leaped into the air. Gliding around the meadow, she quickly spotted Valentine's pink wings as he took to the air, and she danced through the sky toward him.

She called out as she approached and adjusted her flight path to match his, heading toward the central chamber in the heart of the ancient castle. "Valentine! I see you have the little one in the bag, as they say." She grinned as she saw Rhoselarth squirming in his grip. The little dragon had a very strong affinity to magic, and lived in the field of flowers that surrounded the castle. Annelie and Annria were really the only ones who could command the exuberantly eccentric plantweaver... to an extent.

Annelie would have to be strict with her so she didn't chatter during the meeting. It was comforting to have a plantweaver along with them as the meeting was in a giant tree, and Annelie wanted to plan for anything. If a fight broke out, Rhoselarth would be very helpful in subduing trouble with her command of nature.

@LazyChimera, @Kilowattdreams
zyvrj7C.png rkylBBV.png x0CMhAc.png
"I attacked her, but my comrades tried to kill her. We mistook her for the dragon that shattered my eggs on jagged rocks, and threw my mate over a cliff."

His breath was ragged and forced, his words barley coming out. He pried the dragon's claws from his throat, placing his mask back on and opened his wings to fly away, but halted.
"I attacked her, but my comrades tried to kill her. We mistook her for the dragon that shattered my eggs on jagged rocks, and threw my mate over a cliff."

His breath was ragged and forced, his words barley coming out. He pried the dragon's claws from his throat, placing his mask back on and opened his wings to fly away, but halted.
He was prepared to dodge the oncoming strike from the thug, only for them to faint in their final gambit. What a fool, did he not know his own limits? The cloaked dragon thought to himself. Once Dusk had him pinned he made his way towards them, his sides stinging from the attack. He would have to be careful not to open the wounds until he was healed.

“Yes, he attacked Yui…” the shadowy leader answered, “I smelt the blood on his claws before he attacked me.” the mask still covered most of his face so the others couldn’t see it twist into anger. Seeing Thalassa stare at him made him uneasy, was she trying to see beneath the mask? Before he could think about it anymore she quickly turned away, as if she read his mind. However before he could answer Dusk’s question the creme dragon dared to speak, his words only further angering the cloaked dragon.

He sneered at the other when he heard them escape from their right-hands grasp and their wings unfurling. He quickly got in front of him, blocking his escape. “You think I’m going to believe that half-baked sob story!?” his tone was filled with fury yet still possessed an air of calmness to it, “You attack an innocent female of my clan, attack me, and now you pass blame on your friends for past misdeeds!?” He said to the now blinded dragon. They both couldn’t see but the clan leader knew he didn’t need his sight to see how cowardly this dragon was.

He no longer payed attention to him, there was no point in listening to a crazy dragon’s spiel. He quickly looked to Dusk who was ready to pounce on him once again, “We have high reasons to believe this one has dabbled in the dark arts and he attacked not just Yui, but me as well unprovoked.” He announced not only Dusk, but the other dragons as well, “We can’t let a dangerous individual go after what we’eve seen here.”

He then looked down upon the dragon who was clearly begging for his life, “As I said before you’ll perish here, monster.”

Valentine was glad that the little dragon did not struggle against him as he flew towards the meeting place. “So where are we going?” Rhoselarth asked blinking innocently up at the larger dragon that was carrying her, Valentine sighed in annoyance. He was going to answer her until he heard his name be called. Flustered he let go of the tiny Fae, who quickly unfurled her wings and began flying as if she was ready for him to release her from his grasp.

“Oh, yes I do.” the pink and white dragon said quickly, the blue Fae giggled at his anxious behavior. “So we’re heading to the sky tree yes yes?” Rhoselarth said excitedly, as if Annelie said they were going to a festival. Valentine blinked, surprised that even though she kept interrupting him, she was actually listening to his words. Valentine then turned his full attention to Annelie, “I’m guessing you found Brangwen without any problems?” He asked, although he already knew the answer.
He was prepared to dodge the oncoming strike from the thug, only for them to faint in their final gambit. What a fool, did he not know his own limits? The cloaked dragon thought to himself. Once Dusk had him pinned he made his way towards them, his sides stinging from the attack. He would have to be careful not to open the wounds until he was healed.

“Yes, he attacked Yui…” the shadowy leader answered, “I smelt the blood on his claws before he attacked me.” the mask still covered most of his face so the others couldn’t see it twist into anger. Seeing Thalassa stare at him made him uneasy, was she trying to see beneath the mask? Before he could think about it anymore she quickly turned away, as if she read his mind. However before he could answer Dusk’s question the creme dragon dared to speak, his words only further angering the cloaked dragon.

He sneered at the other when he heard them escape from their right-hands grasp and their wings unfurling. He quickly got in front of him, blocking his escape. “You think I’m going to believe that half-baked sob story!?” his tone was filled with fury yet still possessed an air of calmness to it, “You attack an innocent female of my clan, attack me, and now you pass blame on your friends for past misdeeds!?” He said to the now blinded dragon. They both couldn’t see but the clan leader knew he didn’t need his sight to see how cowardly this dragon was.

He no longer payed attention to him, there was no point in listening to a crazy dragon’s spiel. He quickly looked to Dusk who was ready to pounce on him once again, “We have high reasons to believe this one has dabbled in the dark arts and he attacked not just Yui, but me as well unprovoked.” He announced not only Dusk, but the other dragons as well, “We can’t let a dangerous individual go after what we’eve seen here.”

He then looked down upon the dragon who was clearly begging for his life, “As I said before you’ll perish here, monster.”

Valentine was glad that the little dragon did not struggle against him as he flew towards the meeting place. “So where are we going?” Rhoselarth asked blinking innocently up at the larger dragon that was carrying her, Valentine sighed in annoyance. He was going to answer her until he heard his name be called. Flustered he let go of the tiny Fae, who quickly unfurled her wings and began flying as if she was ready for him to release her from his grasp.

“Oh, yes I do.” the pink and white dragon said quickly, the blue Fae giggled at his anxious behavior. “So we’re heading to the sky tree yes yes?” Rhoselarth said excitedly, as if Annelie said they were going to a festival. Valentine blinked, surprised that even though she kept interrupting him, she was actually listening to his words. Valentine then turned his full attention to Annelie, “I’m guessing you found Brangwen without any problems?” He asked, although he already knew the answer.
1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 15 16