Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Through Fire and Flames (open)
1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
@Kilowattdreams @Wolfunicorn

Her eyes went wide, Lanis!?. Oh, how lucky she was! The tiny dragon before her must know a thing or two about the great clan's secrets. Why else would she flee and beg not to be taken back. She must know too much. “I see.” Guro said in a soft voice trying to calm the little one down. Before she could say any more, one of her eye jewels caught something in motion. Before she could turn to see with her own eyes there was a large splash a powerful, playful laugh in the distance. What on earth, it was the middle of the night who would be making such a ruckus!?

Her unspoken question was answered when a dragon dove at them, crash landing into a nearby tree. All her eyes were on him ready to defend herself. Seeing him squint and creep closer to the young one, Guro acted fast. Scooping the fluffy Fae into her arms, she then held her close to her, shielding the smaller dragon with her body. There was no way she was going to lose her new prize. She glared at him, “Don’t you think it’s a little rude to look down on someone like that?” She spat. Guro could feel the tiny dragon in her arms vibrating with how hard her heart must be beating. “She's already had quite the scare, but then you come along and almost scare her half to death! Who do you think you are trying to act all intimidating!?” Guro said with a defensive tone.

Even though she had power over the dark arts, she was still intimidated by the other. She hated to admit it, but he was very intimidating. Her thoughts went immediately to what the tiny dragon said before, she came from Lanis. The imposing dragon in front of her could be from Lanis too and he could have come to bring her back or worse; kill her. No matter, Guro thought to herself, she knew the Caravan was nearby. She could make do with simple magic as a distraction then fly back to sound an alarm if he tried to attack them.
@Kilowattdreams @Wolfunicorn

Her eyes went wide, Lanis!?. Oh, how lucky she was! The tiny dragon before her must know a thing or two about the great clan's secrets. Why else would she flee and beg not to be taken back. She must know too much. “I see.” Guro said in a soft voice trying to calm the little one down. Before she could say any more, one of her eye jewels caught something in motion. Before she could turn to see with her own eyes there was a large splash a powerful, playful laugh in the distance. What on earth, it was the middle of the night who would be making such a ruckus!?

Her unspoken question was answered when a dragon dove at them, crash landing into a nearby tree. All her eyes were on him ready to defend herself. Seeing him squint and creep closer to the young one, Guro acted fast. Scooping the fluffy Fae into her arms, she then held her close to her, shielding the smaller dragon with her body. There was no way she was going to lose her new prize. She glared at him, “Don’t you think it’s a little rude to look down on someone like that?” She spat. Guro could feel the tiny dragon in her arms vibrating with how hard her heart must be beating. “She's already had quite the scare, but then you come along and almost scare her half to death! Who do you think you are trying to act all intimidating!?” Guro said with a defensive tone.

Even though she had power over the dark arts, she was still intimidated by the other. She hated to admit it, but he was very intimidating. Her thoughts went immediately to what the tiny dragon said before, she came from Lanis. The imposing dragon in front of her could be from Lanis too and he could have come to bring her back or worse; kill her. No matter, Guro thought to herself, she knew the Caravan was nearby. She could make do with simple magic as a distraction then fly back to sound an alarm if he tried to attack them.
His golden snout glimmered and he rotated his head. His eyes were calm and peaceful. Horus shook out his wings and sat on his hind legs. Silver scales dotted his talons and the membrane of his wings were shiny and golden, dapples of black dotting them occasionally. He looked at the female shielding the hybrid and his gazed turned from confident, to confused. He looked at his talons and began to stammer, thoughts clouding his vision. "I..I'm not in..intimid..dating. A..am I?"

He swished his large tail and tapped his talons on the stone. Horus had always been careful, but now seemed different. His instincts told him not to fear these dragons, but not to grow too close. His metallic scales gleamed as he curled his tail around his legs. Horus knew he was powerful, but would not admit the power to himself. He had the muscular build, eyes, and legs of an Imperial, but was otherwise Wildclaw. Horus sat a bit straighter and returned to his original, stronger tone, "I'm, sorry I came across as a threat. I'm really harmless, despite my appearance. It's just.."

He trailed off, looking at the red and white dragon, "I thought she was being attacked. By she I mean the Fae-Tundra, or as my kind calls them, Tundrae."
His golden snout glimmered and he rotated his head. His eyes were calm and peaceful. Horus shook out his wings and sat on his hind legs. Silver scales dotted his talons and the membrane of his wings were shiny and golden, dapples of black dotting them occasionally. He looked at the female shielding the hybrid and his gazed turned from confident, to confused. He looked at his talons and began to stammer, thoughts clouding his vision. "I..I'm not in..intimid..dating. A..am I?"

He swished his large tail and tapped his talons on the stone. Horus had always been careful, but now seemed different. His instincts told him not to fear these dragons, but not to grow too close. His metallic scales gleamed as he curled his tail around his legs. Horus knew he was powerful, but would not admit the power to himself. He had the muscular build, eyes, and legs of an Imperial, but was otherwise Wildclaw. Horus sat a bit straighter and returned to his original, stronger tone, "I'm, sorry I came across as a threat. I'm really harmless, despite my appearance. It's just.."

He trailed off, looking at the red and white dragon, "I thought she was being attacked. By she I mean the Fae-Tundra, or as my kind calls them, Tundrae."
@LazyChimera @Kilowattdreams

Tilly clung to the robes of the female dragon who picked her up, and used this brief moment to attempt to calm down. She was at least somewhat relived that they didn't seem to want to return her to Lanis. It was strange to her to be protected by another dragon, for the strong to protect the weak was an odd concept to her, but she wasn't complaining. Tilly held on to the other female dragon's robes, almost like a life line, but still being careful enough so she doesn't rip the cloth. Should she trust these dragons? Was she really sure that they wouldn't return her? At least for the moment she decided to trust these strangers, possibly not the wisest choice, but most likely the best for this current situation.

“I-I have a name, Chantilly, o-or just Tilly,” Tilly said speaking up at first then slowly going into a mumble. She attempted to smile somewhat but her overwhelming nervousness and unease was evident. Her ears were turned back, her tail wrapped around her small grey body. She buried her head slightly in the light mint green fluff on her chest area. It was pretty easy to tell she was nervous.
@LazyChimera @Kilowattdreams

Tilly clung to the robes of the female dragon who picked her up, and used this brief moment to attempt to calm down. She was at least somewhat relived that they didn't seem to want to return her to Lanis. It was strange to her to be protected by another dragon, for the strong to protect the weak was an odd concept to her, but she wasn't complaining. Tilly held on to the other female dragon's robes, almost like a life line, but still being careful enough so she doesn't rip the cloth. Should she trust these dragons? Was she really sure that they wouldn't return her? At least for the moment she decided to trust these strangers, possibly not the wisest choice, but most likely the best for this current situation.

“I-I have a name, Chantilly, o-or just Tilly,” Tilly said speaking up at first then slowly going into a mumble. She attempted to smile somewhat but her overwhelming nervousness and unease was evident. Her ears were turned back, her tail wrapped around her small grey body. She buried her head slightly in the light mint green fluff on her chest area. It was pretty easy to tell she was nervous.
tumblr_inline_og4w9jbSa31r9ez7h_500.png
Guro did lower her guard but she did become less tense “Of course you are you are, you’re twice my size!” she spat to the new comer. So he wasn’t from Lanis… She thought. Though his words confused her, he thought this Tundrae was being attacked? Then why did he squint down at her instead of trying to get between them and protect the smaller dragon? He was a strange one. After Chantilly had introduced herself and calmed down, Guro put her back down on the ground. It would be rude not to tell the other her name.

“Well Tilly, my name is Guro, do you need a place to stay?” She said towards the small dragon feinting kindness. Once she trusted her some more then she would ask about Lanis. For now the little one was obviously untrusting of them both. It would be rude of her not to extend the invitation to him as well but, she didn’t care for the larger male. Not that she would care for either of them, but there was special circumstances for Chantilly.
Guro did lower her guard but she did become less tense “Of course you are you are, you’re twice my size!” she spat to the new comer. So he wasn’t from Lanis… She thought. Though his words confused her, he thought this Tundrae was being attacked? Then why did he squint down at her instead of trying to get between them and protect the smaller dragon? He was a strange one. After Chantilly had introduced herself and calmed down, Guro put her back down on the ground. It would be rude not to tell the other her name.

“Well Tilly, my name is Guro, do you need a place to stay?” She said towards the small dragon feinting kindness. Once she trusted her some more then she would ask about Lanis. For now the little one was obviously untrusting of them both. It would be rude of her not to extend the invitation to him as well but, she didn’t care for the larger male. Not that she would care for either of them, but there was special circumstances for Chantilly.
Thalassa flew in silence with the group to the meeting place. She felt numb yet hyperaware, noticing every little thing around them and expecting another attack at any time. When the ginormous tree appeared in the distance, she breathed a sigh of relief. The meeting place was sacred ground, and any attackers would be daringly foolish to attack them at this point. The other clans may be there by now, and within the area of the Sky Tree combat was strictly forbidden. The strongest dragons attending the meet would surely enforce it. Flapping a bit harder and preparing herself to make the best first impression she could, Thalassa soared onward to the giant tree.
~~~

Placing one foot in front of the other, senses numbed from pain and unaware of anything happening around him, Dusk suddenly found himself in the boundaries of the clan's training area. "A-Alleeah..." Dusk croaked, continuing to trudge forward and hoping that someone would steer him toward the medicine dragon. There were probably many dragons eyeing him or gathering around to help, but he was so numb to the world that everything was a blur.

@Mnementhmonic, @LazyChimera
Thalassa flew in silence with the group to the meeting place. She felt numb yet hyperaware, noticing every little thing around them and expecting another attack at any time. When the ginormous tree appeared in the distance, she breathed a sigh of relief. The meeting place was sacred ground, and any attackers would be daringly foolish to attack them at this point. The other clans may be there by now, and within the area of the Sky Tree combat was strictly forbidden. The strongest dragons attending the meet would surely enforce it. Flapping a bit harder and preparing herself to make the best first impression she could, Thalassa soared onward to the giant tree.
~~~

Placing one foot in front of the other, senses numbed from pain and unaware of anything happening around him, Dusk suddenly found himself in the boundaries of the clan's training area. "A-Alleeah..." Dusk croaked, continuing to trudge forward and hoping that someone would steer him toward the medicine dragon. There were probably many dragons eyeing him or gathering around to help, but he was so numb to the world that everything was a blur.

@Mnementhmonic, @LazyChimera
zyvrj7C.png rkylBBV.png x0CMhAc.png
@EmeraldDragon13 @KilowattDreams
(Hey, sorry I haven't been keeping up. I'm not quite sure whether Yui is still near Alleeah at the moment, or has flown off with Thalassa? So... Alleeah has lost track of her, too, I guess)

Distracted from her patient by the noise of the nearby battle, Alleeah shouted orders the nearby medics to prepare for more injuries. She prayed fearfully. Remembering the omen of the bones, she gingerly spread her wings and began to beat herself into the air. "Help friends", it had said, and she didn't think it meant waiting for them to arrive, injured. Against her better judgment, she obeyed the bones, and rose slowly, getting as good a view as she could.

Some kind of powerful magic was at work. Even though the battle was miles off and Alleeah's age had dulled her senses, she could hear roars and see lances of fire; not breath, but something falling from the sky like a meteor. Almost as soon as it began, it was over, and Alleeah struggled to gain speed. Her wings were unused to such exertion and her joints creaked uncomfortably. "It'll be a long soak in hot water for me tomorrow", she muttered, partly to distract herself from her grim destination.

Not even half a mile out, Alleeah realized she could not go farther without help. Her wings were cramped and stiff, incapable of gaining more altitude or even steering reliably. She banked, avoiding the treetops, and glided back in the direction she had come. It was a long, shallow glide back to the training grounds, but she was astonished to see her path blocked by Dusk, clearly injured and weak. Even more astonishing, he called out her name. She banked to avoid him. Her turn was too abrupt, and she crashed into the ground a few yards in front of Dusk's left wing. She had enough clarity in the last few seconds of her flight to realize, with shock, that it was burned nearly all the way through.

The crash rattled her and sent a sharp pain up her back left leg. She hobbled around on three limbs, turning to face Dusk, and keening, "Stones and bones, what happened to you?"
@EmeraldDragon13 @KilowattDreams
(Hey, sorry I haven't been keeping up. I'm not quite sure whether Yui is still near Alleeah at the moment, or has flown off with Thalassa? So... Alleeah has lost track of her, too, I guess)

Distracted from her patient by the noise of the nearby battle, Alleeah shouted orders the nearby medics to prepare for more injuries. She prayed fearfully. Remembering the omen of the bones, she gingerly spread her wings and began to beat herself into the air. "Help friends", it had said, and she didn't think it meant waiting for them to arrive, injured. Against her better judgment, she obeyed the bones, and rose slowly, getting as good a view as she could.

Some kind of powerful magic was at work. Even though the battle was miles off and Alleeah's age had dulled her senses, she could hear roars and see lances of fire; not breath, but something falling from the sky like a meteor. Almost as soon as it began, it was over, and Alleeah struggled to gain speed. Her wings were unused to such exertion and her joints creaked uncomfortably. "It'll be a long soak in hot water for me tomorrow", she muttered, partly to distract herself from her grim destination.

Not even half a mile out, Alleeah realized she could not go farther without help. Her wings were cramped and stiff, incapable of gaining more altitude or even steering reliably. She banked, avoiding the treetops, and glided back in the direction she had come. It was a long, shallow glide back to the training grounds, but she was astonished to see her path blocked by Dusk, clearly injured and weak. Even more astonishing, he called out her name. She banked to avoid him. Her turn was too abrupt, and she crashed into the ground a few yards in front of Dusk's left wing. She had enough clarity in the last few seconds of her flight to realize, with shock, that it was burned nearly all the way through.

The crash rattled her and sent a sharp pain up her back left leg. She hobbled around on three limbs, turning to face Dusk, and keening, "Stones and bones, what happened to you?"
OVI5Wp2.gif
Horus looked away and wrinkled his nose, disgusted at the potent smell hovering from a nearby bush. Silver scales glittered along his temples, though he was thankful the other would not know what they meant. For whatever reason the mind of the hybrid was fuzzy, unable for him to drop into. The other, well, she seemed to know a slight of what was going on, so he could only get a few thoughts from her. The less they knew about his abilities, the more they could get along. Horus thudded down onto the grass and sighed. His scales scraped across dirt and brush, and he relished the feeling. He was no longer trapped behind stone-cold walls and a life of boredom and containment. His solemn face broke into a smile and he blinked. These could be friends some day, regardless of his Imperialclaw hybridity.

His eyes drifted shut as he grew tired from a weeks-worth of flying. His wings were sore, along with his arms and legs, but this would not stop him from a deep sleep. The feeling he would be left behind did, however. Horus shot up from the soil into a rustling bush, landing on something soft. His claws scrambled for the moving warmth as he chased it out into the clearing where the other two sat. He skidded along the ground as he dove for the rabbit, or at least he thought that's what it was. Horus had never hunted before, everything being brought to him, so he watched on the ground as his prey limped away.

@LazyChimera @Wolfunicorn
Horus looked away and wrinkled his nose, disgusted at the potent smell hovering from a nearby bush. Silver scales glittered along his temples, though he was thankful the other would not know what they meant. For whatever reason the mind of the hybrid was fuzzy, unable for him to drop into. The other, well, she seemed to know a slight of what was going on, so he could only get a few thoughts from her. The less they knew about his abilities, the more they could get along. Horus thudded down onto the grass and sighed. His scales scraped across dirt and brush, and he relished the feeling. He was no longer trapped behind stone-cold walls and a life of boredom and containment. His solemn face broke into a smile and he blinked. These could be friends some day, regardless of his Imperialclaw hybridity.

His eyes drifted shut as he grew tired from a weeks-worth of flying. His wings were sore, along with his arms and legs, but this would not stop him from a deep sleep. The feeling he would be left behind did, however. Horus shot up from the soil into a rustling bush, landing on something soft. His claws scrambled for the moving warmth as he chased it out into the clearing where the other two sat. He skidded along the ground as he dove for the rabbit, or at least he thought that's what it was. Horus had never hunted before, everything being brought to him, so he watched on the ground as his prey limped away.

@LazyChimera @Wolfunicorn
I keep in forgetting to reply whoops
@kilowattdreams @LazyChimera
“A place to stay would be nice,” Tilly said taking up Guro's offer. She needed some place to stay. The larger male seemed to acting strange, chasing prey into the clearing and just letting it suffer and limp off, even she knew it was cruel to let prey live after you've injured it. Tilly watched him stare as his prey as it got away, she would go after it, except it was rude to hunt another dragon's prey. She had only hunted small rodents like mice before, it knew the basic rules of etiquette when it did come to hunting. “Are you not going to kill it?” She softly questioned the larger male dragon. He seemed to be all over the place, going from imtimadting to fearful. Guro, was a bit more easy to understand. She was a bit imtimdateing but had a kind side to her, or at least that's what Tilly thought.
I keep in forgetting to reply whoops
@kilowattdreams @LazyChimera
“A place to stay would be nice,” Tilly said taking up Guro's offer. She needed some place to stay. The larger male seemed to acting strange, chasing prey into the clearing and just letting it suffer and limp off, even she knew it was cruel to let prey live after you've injured it. Tilly watched him stare as his prey as it got away, she would go after it, except it was rude to hunt another dragon's prey. She had only hunted small rodents like mice before, it knew the basic rules of etiquette when it did come to hunting. “Are you not going to kill it?” She softly questioned the larger male dragon. He seemed to be all over the place, going from imtimadting to fearful. Guro, was a bit more easy to understand. She was a bit imtimdateing but had a kind side to her, or at least that's what Tilly thought.
tumblr_inline_og4w9jbSa31r9ez7h_500.png
@LazyChimera @Wolfunicorn (Wip until Guro replies)

"I.. Don't know how to kill it." Horus winced and looked away. His ears flattened and he got up in shame, hunting being the think he needed to survive.
@LazyChimera @Wolfunicorn (Wip until Guro replies)

"I.. Don't know how to kill it." Horus winced and looked away. His ears flattened and he got up in shame, hunting being the think he needed to survive.
@kilowattdreams @Wolfunicorn

Guro glared at him for a moment as she felt something wash over her, like something was scanning her mind. It angered her but she wouldn't let it show, lest the other attacked her for it. Seeing Horus about to rest then jumped up and chased something off, confusing her. She wasn't about to complain though, she was going to use the sudden hunt to her advantage and sneak off with Tilly. Before she could do so Horus came back too fast for her to even take a step, much to her dismay.

"What in the stars are you doing?" She said critically, "You're just gonna let it go? It's clearly injured enough for you to finish it off, even hatchlings have better hunting instincts then that." she scolded him before walking over to the rabbit and put her foot on it to stop it's escape. She watched it struggle under her before turning back to the large hybrid. "If your not going to finish the job it's only gonna die from the injuries, or another predator is going to finish it off." she continued.

Honestly if this is how he hunts shes wondered how he even lasted this long. a big guy like him has to eat a lot to maintain himself. She wondered how he kept himself alive until now. "If you don't want it, I'm sure some other dragon would be happy to claim your abandoned prize."

Hearing that he didn't know how to kill made her blood boil for some reason, he was a like a giant hatchling. Guro didn't hate hatchlings per say, she could with stand their company. Taking care of one was another thing for her, she'd end up leaving it to die if it couldn't do basic care for itself. "So, common sense isn't in you it appears..." she murmured kicking the rabbit towards him, "It's small, use your jaws to crush it and then eat it. You're capable of talking so I know you can at least do that." she said with a huff. How DID he survive up until now!?
@kilowattdreams @Wolfunicorn

Guro glared at him for a moment as she felt something wash over her, like something was scanning her mind. It angered her but she wouldn't let it show, lest the other attacked her for it. Seeing Horus about to rest then jumped up and chased something off, confusing her. She wasn't about to complain though, she was going to use the sudden hunt to her advantage and sneak off with Tilly. Before she could do so Horus came back too fast for her to even take a step, much to her dismay.

"What in the stars are you doing?" She said critically, "You're just gonna let it go? It's clearly injured enough for you to finish it off, even hatchlings have better hunting instincts then that." she scolded him before walking over to the rabbit and put her foot on it to stop it's escape. She watched it struggle under her before turning back to the large hybrid. "If your not going to finish the job it's only gonna die from the injuries, or another predator is going to finish it off." she continued.

Honestly if this is how he hunts shes wondered how he even lasted this long. a big guy like him has to eat a lot to maintain himself. She wondered how he kept himself alive until now. "If you don't want it, I'm sure some other dragon would be happy to claim your abandoned prize."

Hearing that he didn't know how to kill made her blood boil for some reason, he was a like a giant hatchling. Guro didn't hate hatchlings per say, she could with stand their company. Taking care of one was another thing for her, she'd end up leaving it to die if it couldn't do basic care for itself. "So, common sense isn't in you it appears..." she murmured kicking the rabbit towards him, "It's small, use your jaws to crush it and then eat it. You're capable of talking so I know you can at least do that." she said with a huff. How DID he survive up until now!?
1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16