Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | [DONE] Dragonhome Clam Digging!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
@Renessa47 [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=1026977] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/10270/1026977_350.png[/img] [/url] The Shadow Imperial cackled with glee as she dived from the sky into the sand, seeking the trove of the forbidden grounds. The fact that she was there while entry was permitted didn’t matter at that moment. The force sent her tumbling over and spluttering indignantly. She was clearly more accustomed to muddy bogs. Khepnir then spied the sand darkened by the sea’s touch and hopped over to try digging her toes in. Much better. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=500456] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/5005/500456_350.png[/img] [/url] As the Shadow Imperial pranced off into the ocean her Wildclaw companion glided in at a far steadier pace to land softly on the shore. Molerince was immensely relieved at the Imperial’s change in attitude. During their passage through the Tangled Wood, true to her nature, Khepnir had been relentless in her efforts to entice, cajole, scare and otherwise fool the Lightning Wildclaw into straying off course. The pouting mood the Imperial had taken on since leaving her homeland had only begun to ease when they broke their fast a few hours ago and Khepnir had been delighted to find some morsels related to the sea. The zeal which the Imperial put into her digging made Molerince think that she was convinced she’d find more. Molerince wondered if they’d be able to catch enough to keep the Imperial happy until they got back to the clan while leaving enough to store or check by the encyclopedias. What would be even better would be if they found something of value and interest to the clan. Melreyna would be happy that Khepnir was seeming to put effort into tasks benefitting the clan, the former and Inkfell might start to be persuaded that the Imperial was taking this ‘reconciliation’ business seriously and maybe the clan would be more peaceful and content. It didn’t hurt to hope. Molerince sighed. Sitting on the sand thinking wasn’t going to help reach that ideal. Her thoughts slid aside like clouds of steam from a generator as she stood and picked her way over the sands to where a dash of colour was. A shell perhaps? Maybe a lost gear? Or maybe just a pretty stone. Khepnir was certainly focussed on her task, the large Imperial was making quite big splashes. The Wildclaw shot her gaze up and down the beach: no one seemed close enough to be disturbed by the Shadow dragon’s shenanigans, she hoped. At least while Khepnir was distracted she wasn’t likely to try bother anyone. It wouldn’t do to draw a scolding or the shame of a ban from the denizens watching the beach they protected. It was impressive how much noise that Imperial was managing to make, was what Molerince thought as she turned her head to be met with a salty spray. She blinked the contaminant from her eyes. Ocean waves could do that apparently. It seemed neither dragon had had much experience with a coastline like this. Meanwhile Khepnir was struggling to pry something from a hollow in the sand under the waves and resorted using her jaws. She raised her head back out of the water and shook sparkling drops from her mane, about to taste the victo–rock. The Imperial spat it out irritably and gave herself another shake. Molerince smiled, unseen with the Imperial’s back to her. So victory would not come so easily, but nor would she let it slip away without a struggle. The Imperial marched a little further along from where she had been before recommencing her search, an ear flickered as she became aware of other treasure-hunters.
@Renessa47

1026977_350.png

The Shadow Imperial cackled with glee as she dived from the sky into the sand, seeking the trove of the forbidden grounds. The fact that she was there while entry was permitted didn’t matter at that moment.
The force sent her tumbling over and spluttering indignantly. She was clearly more accustomed to muddy bogs. Khepnir then spied the sand darkened by the sea’s touch and hopped over to try digging her toes in.
Much better.

500456_350.png

As the Shadow Imperial pranced off into the ocean her Wildclaw companion glided in at a far steadier pace to land softly on the shore.
Molerince was immensely relieved at the Imperial’s change in attitude. During their passage through the Tangled Wood, true to her nature, Khepnir had been relentless in her efforts to entice, cajole, scare and otherwise fool the Lightning Wildclaw into straying off course.
The pouting mood the Imperial had taken on since leaving her homeland had only begun to ease when they broke their fast a few hours ago and Khepnir had been delighted to find some morsels related to the sea.

The zeal which the Imperial put into her digging made Molerince think that she was convinced she’d find more. Molerince wondered if they’d be able to catch enough to keep the Imperial happy until they got back to the clan while leaving enough to store or check by the encyclopedias. What would be even better would be if they found something of value and interest to the clan. Melreyna would be happy that Khepnir was seeming to put effort into tasks benefitting the clan, the former and Inkfell might start to be persuaded that the Imperial was taking this ‘reconciliation’ business seriously and maybe the clan would be more peaceful and content.

It didn’t hurt to hope.
Molerince sighed. Sitting on the sand thinking wasn’t going to help reach that ideal. Her thoughts slid aside like clouds of steam from a generator as she stood and picked her way over the sands to where a dash of colour was. A shell perhaps? Maybe a lost gear? Or maybe just a pretty stone.

Khepnir was certainly focussed on her task, the large Imperial was making quite big splashes. The Wildclaw shot her gaze up and down the beach: no one seemed close enough to be disturbed by the Shadow dragon’s shenanigans, she hoped. At least while Khepnir was distracted she wasn’t likely to try bother anyone. It wouldn’t do to draw a scolding or the shame of a ban from the denizens watching the beach they protected.

It was impressive how much noise that Imperial was managing to make, was what Molerince thought as she turned her head to be met with a salty spray. She blinked the contaminant from her eyes. Ocean waves could do that apparently. It seemed neither dragon had had much experience with a coastline like this.

Meanwhile Khepnir was struggling to pry something from a hollow in the sand under the waves and resorted using her jaws. She raised her head back out of the water and shook sparkling drops from her mane, about to taste the victo–rock. The Imperial spat it out irritably and gave herself another shake. Molerince smiled, unseen with the Imperial’s back to her.
So victory would not come so easily, but nor would she let it slip away without a struggle. The Imperial marched a little further along from where she had been before recommencing her search, an ear flickered as she became aware of other treasure-hunters.
thvaFIy.gif merrilyn_stanzascale_100_by_dragonnmr-daepisq.gif Al57MeZ.pngpczVZcg.png5VYqqm9.pngPGOToAl.png CNCiTkT.png 2uXjxgw.png
(( Can I just say, I adore how happy (or completely unenthused) all of these dragons are! Nice writing everyone. ))
(( Can I just say, I adore how happy (or completely unenthused) all of these dragons are! Nice writing everyone. ))
tumblr_inline_nswmw14FcU1qiwi8o_500.gifA6Z4Mua.giftumblr_inline_nswmw14FcU1qiwi8o_500.gif
@Emberwolf
@Shirelin

Sula sighed, watching Ava and Maya run off towards the two guardians and their hatchlings. He was about to go digging when someone behind him spoke.

"They are indeed some of the best tasting I've had, and we gather from all over!" He turned to see a large armoured guardian descend to the beach. Sula raised an eyebrow, and sat down in the sand.

"I'd agree with you there! My mates, unfortunately, are not as excited about the prospect of digging for the perfect clams all day, but will be perfectly happy to eat them later I'm sure." He smiled up at the guardian. "Did you travel far for the party? We came from the Sunbeam Ruins earlier this morning." He gestured to the east with one wing. "I'm Sula, by the way, chef of the Weathering."

----

"I'm sure you'll grow to be just as big as me someday!" Ava said to one of the hatchlings who swarmed at their feet before looking up at the guardians. "No need to apologise! They're absolutely darling, no bother at all. We came to say hello to them anyhow."

Maya rolled her eyes at Ava, who had crouched down to let the hatchlings get a better look at her silks.

"Apologies, you'd think someone raised in a court would have better manners. I'm Maya, and this is Ava. How has the party been thus far? Any success on the clam digging front? Sula insists that the clams from Dragonhome are far better than any others."

@Emberwolf
@Shirelin

Sula sighed, watching Ava and Maya run off towards the two guardians and their hatchlings. He was about to go digging when someone behind him spoke.

"They are indeed some of the best tasting I've had, and we gather from all over!" He turned to see a large armoured guardian descend to the beach. Sula raised an eyebrow, and sat down in the sand.

"I'd agree with you there! My mates, unfortunately, are not as excited about the prospect of digging for the perfect clams all day, but will be perfectly happy to eat them later I'm sure." He smiled up at the guardian. "Did you travel far for the party? We came from the Sunbeam Ruins earlier this morning." He gestured to the east with one wing. "I'm Sula, by the way, chef of the Weathering."

----

"I'm sure you'll grow to be just as big as me someday!" Ava said to one of the hatchlings who swarmed at their feet before looking up at the guardians. "No need to apologise! They're absolutely darling, no bother at all. We came to say hello to them anyhow."

Maya rolled her eyes at Ava, who had crouched down to let the hatchlings get a better look at her silks.

"Apologies, you'd think someone raised in a court would have better manners. I'm Maya, and this is Ava. How has the party been thus far? Any success on the clam digging front? Sula insists that the clams from Dragonhome are far better than any others."

tumblr_inline_nwaa38HCnH1rnmb7j_540.png
@Renessa47 [columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=12463850] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/124639/12463850.png[/img] [/url][nextcol][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=13594193] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/135942/13594193.png[/img] [/url][/columns] Nemesis glared after the speckled gray Nocturne who had brought her here as he flew gracefully over the waves lapping at the beach-shore. [i]Does he really think a special trip to his homeland will win me over?[/i] He'd lied to her - his assertions of his love for her were nothing but pretty words. And like an idiot, she'd fallen for them... even after she'd sworn she'd never let such cheap tricks work again. And she'd sworn she'd take revenge on any male who seduced and then betrayed her. But so far, she had no plan on how to make Hale's life miserable... perhaps because he was already unhappy. As much as he tried to hide it behind flippant brevity, Nemesis wasn't a fool. He missed [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=13379559]Kolga[/url]. ...But he'd also enjoyed watching them fight over him. She alighted on a large rock jutting out of the sand and watched Hale dip his wings, catching the wind over the water. She had to admit, he was a graceful flier. And his son was adorable. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=14624643] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/146247/14624643.png[/img] [/url] She tried to shake off thoughts of the sweet little Nocturne they had left in the care of Deoradhan-Kunibert's hatchling-sitter. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=13187727] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/131878/13187727.png[/img] [/url] So far, he'd shown none of the manipulative tendencies of his father. He seemed to genuinely want to make others happy. Already, he'd attempted to gift Keahi with the soft feathers that lined his nest in the clan's nursery, and the gentle Imperial had trouble refusing (despite knowing that those feathers were there to keep hatchlings warm and comfortable). And every time she went to check up on Kolga's son, she found him overjoyed upon seeing her. He'd race up to her, chattering away, eager to give her gifts. ...Could she really abandon him to his father's influence? She glanced back at Hale, flying smoothly towards her. But, she reminded herself, the feelings she had towards his son didn't change his past actions. How was she going to make him pay? She glared at him as he settled on a nearby rock and asked, "Care for a little beach-combing?"
@Renessa47

12463850.png

13594193.png
Nemesis glared after the speckled gray Nocturne who had brought her here as he flew gracefully over the waves lapping at the beach-shore. Does he really think a special trip to his homeland will win me over?

He'd lied to her - his assertions of his love for her were nothing but pretty words. And like an idiot, she'd fallen for them... even after she'd sworn she'd never let such cheap tricks work again.

And she'd sworn she'd take revenge on any male who seduced and then betrayed her.

But so far, she had no plan on how to make Hale's life miserable... perhaps because he was already unhappy. As much as he tried to hide it behind flippant brevity, Nemesis wasn't a fool. He missed Kolga.

...But he'd also enjoyed watching them fight over him.

She alighted on a large rock jutting out of the sand and watched Hale dip his wings, catching the wind over the water. She had to admit, he was a graceful flier.

And his son was adorable.

14624643.png

She tried to shake off thoughts of the sweet little Nocturne they had left in the care of Deoradhan-Kunibert's hatchling-sitter.

13187727.png

So far, he'd shown none of the manipulative tendencies of his father. He seemed to genuinely want to make others happy. Already, he'd attempted to gift Keahi with the soft feathers that lined his nest in the clan's nursery, and the gentle Imperial had trouble refusing (despite knowing that those feathers were there to keep hatchlings warm and comfortable).

And every time she went to check up on Kolga's son, she found him overjoyed upon seeing her. He'd race up to her, chattering away, eager to give her gifts.

...Could she really abandon him to his father's influence?

She glanced back at Hale, flying smoothly towards her. But, she reminded herself, the feelings she had towards his son didn't change his past actions. How was she going to make him pay?

She glared at him as he settled on a nearby rock and asked, "Care for a little beach-combing?"

Projects
Wishlist
Bio Resources
Acp3eET.png*NIdUF6j.pngJKNmjbX.pngHFIQUjw.pngSFXnr9A.png2KqnYj4.pngUifrkF6.pnghBq372b.pngK4kr5BC.pngEeIVgVi.png8ayfQ7p.pngemtOFWD.pngfNFWviE.pngWANW32a.png6l90A3T.pngUS7UtHx.png
@Weathering

"Hear that? I'm gonna be giant!" The black and violet girl bragged excitedly, chest puffing out as her fellow hatchlings fawned over her and the elder imperial.

Niehsta was surprised, though pleased to know that her little charges were not only not a bother but evidentally what urged the two to come over. "Well, they are certainly happy to meet you two," she commented. The hatchlings were swarming over the two ladies to loo kat their silks or accents or even just staring at the snapper. There weren't any snappers among their own clan, after all.

"I'm Hleowera, though you can call me Hleo, and this is Niehsta." The crimson guardian's voice was low and warm, an obviously friendly soul by nature. "I dare say the kiddos have been doin' most of the enjoyin' so far, but the weather's nice and there's plenty'a party left. No clams yet but..."

"The hatchlings did find this poor thing," Niehsta filled in her companion's deliberate pause, pushing the nocturne egg forward as proudly as if she was presenting her own egg.
@Weathering

"Hear that? I'm gonna be giant!" The black and violet girl bragged excitedly, chest puffing out as her fellow hatchlings fawned over her and the elder imperial.

Niehsta was surprised, though pleased to know that her little charges were not only not a bother but evidentally what urged the two to come over. "Well, they are certainly happy to meet you two," she commented. The hatchlings were swarming over the two ladies to loo kat their silks or accents or even just staring at the snapper. There weren't any snappers among their own clan, after all.

"I'm Hleowera, though you can call me Hleo, and this is Niehsta." The crimson guardian's voice was low and warm, an obviously friendly soul by nature. "I dare say the kiddos have been doin' most of the enjoyin' so far, but the weather's nice and there's plenty'a party left. No clams yet but..."

"The hatchlings did find this poor thing," Niehsta filled in her companion's deliberate pause, pushing the nocturne egg forward as proudly as if she was presenting her own egg.
@Emberwolf

"That you are!" Agreed Ava, bopping her on the nose. "And then you'll be able to wear all the silks you can find!" She cooed over the hatchlings for another moment before sitting up, leaving them to Maya, who had lain down in order to serve as a jungle gym.

"It's lovely to meet you both! Sorry for the rudeness, but I absolutely adore hatchlings. We have two nests hatching tomorrow and I'm excited to meet all of the children." Ava looked back at the hatchlings, who were still staring at Maya in a sort of awe. "I'm sure if no clams turn up, Sula will end up with plenty to share."

She looked down at the purple egg that was pushed forward by a proud Niehsta, and Maya looked on in confusion.

"Oh how lucky of you! I haven't seen any of these since the winter." Ava turned to Maya. "We found a few of these in the late winter Maya, before you joined. I do believe Marcella was hatched from such an egg in another clan, but Lauchlain was born in our clan from one that was found near our borders." She studied the egg again before continuing. "I always wonder who would leave their eggs just laying around. I can't imagine doing so."

Ava paused a moment, before shaking herself and looking back at Niehsta and Hleo. "Do you have plans to hatch it yourselves, or send it on to another clan?"
@Emberwolf

"That you are!" Agreed Ava, bopping her on the nose. "And then you'll be able to wear all the silks you can find!" She cooed over the hatchlings for another moment before sitting up, leaving them to Maya, who had lain down in order to serve as a jungle gym.

"It's lovely to meet you both! Sorry for the rudeness, but I absolutely adore hatchlings. We have two nests hatching tomorrow and I'm excited to meet all of the children." Ava looked back at the hatchlings, who were still staring at Maya in a sort of awe. "I'm sure if no clams turn up, Sula will end up with plenty to share."

She looked down at the purple egg that was pushed forward by a proud Niehsta, and Maya looked on in confusion.

"Oh how lucky of you! I haven't seen any of these since the winter." Ava turned to Maya. "We found a few of these in the late winter Maya, before you joined. I do believe Marcella was hatched from such an egg in another clan, but Lauchlain was born in our clan from one that was found near our borders." She studied the egg again before continuing. "I always wonder who would leave their eggs just laying around. I can't imagine doing so."

Ava paused a moment, before shaking herself and looking back at Niehsta and Hleo. "Do you have plans to hatch it yourselves, or send it on to another clan?"
tumblr_inline_nwaa38HCnH1rnmb7j_540.png
@Weathering

"Maya Maya! You're snapper right?" The ever precocious black and violet girl asked once Ava shifted her attention to the caretaking guardians.

"'Course she's a snapper, stupid!" A little red pearlcatcher snipped. The animosity between the two clearly wasn't new since none of the other hatchlings batted an eye at the exchange.

"Oh, no, you are not rude at all, truly," Niehsta rushed to reassure Ava. She pouted a little when Hleowera started laughing.

"Ya've got a kindered spirit in our dear Niehsta. We couldn'a kept her away from the kiddos anymore than we could stop the tide. Something about a charge, hmm?" Hleowera said slyly, knocking shoulders with her clanmate.

"Better than your charge, at least," Niehsta muttered. She cleared her throat and valiantly tried to steer the conversation back to the main topic. "You have mentioned this Sula. A clanmate of yours?"

Niehsta ran her paw over the bumpy surface of the egg lovingly. "I do not understand the logic behind abandoning an egg either. I suppose that is why there are dragons like us then, yes? I know I would have trouble passing it on at this point and I doubt the Clanmother would ask it of me, so most likely this little one will be hatched by us."
@Weathering

"Maya Maya! You're snapper right?" The ever precocious black and violet girl asked once Ava shifted her attention to the caretaking guardians.

"'Course she's a snapper, stupid!" A little red pearlcatcher snipped. The animosity between the two clearly wasn't new since none of the other hatchlings batted an eye at the exchange.

"Oh, no, you are not rude at all, truly," Niehsta rushed to reassure Ava. She pouted a little when Hleowera started laughing.

"Ya've got a kindered spirit in our dear Niehsta. We couldn'a kept her away from the kiddos anymore than we could stop the tide. Something about a charge, hmm?" Hleowera said slyly, knocking shoulders with her clanmate.

"Better than your charge, at least," Niehsta muttered. She cleared her throat and valiantly tried to steer the conversation back to the main topic. "You have mentioned this Sula. A clanmate of yours?"

Niehsta ran her paw over the bumpy surface of the egg lovingly. "I do not understand the logic behind abandoning an egg either. I suppose that is why there are dragons like us then, yes? I know I would have trouble passing it on at this point and I doubt the Clanmother would ask it of me, so most likely this little one will be hatched by us."
@Renessa47 Pinging for a gather please! Let's see if I can earn back some of that sand... xD
@Renessa47 Pinging for a gather please! Let's see if I can earn back some of that sand... xD
An old, oddball Earthie. Stop by for some Dragon Bios and Clan Lore!
jIRALXN.png
She/Her, 29, Pan/Queer, USA, FR+3
@KraalofBhaga ((Gotta bring some dergs to dig with first! XD)) @Stanzascale (64) As Khepnir stuck her nose back into her hole she bumped into another nose. Melting out of the shadows cast in her digging was the head of another imperial, dark eyes like hers, but much more serious. Along the darker sloping of sand a set of six eyes of varying elements watched as well. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=7036834] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/70369/7036834_350.png[/img] [/url] "When in search of secrets, it doesn't do to scream your intentions to the world, sister." The mysterious male started withdrawing into his shadow portal until he was only a pair of eyes like the others. "You lose secrets you find when they become known." One side of her hole suddenly gave way and buried the eyes, but a bright bit of fabric tumbled in as well. "Keep it safe," warned the voice of the male from a distance. Upon inspection, it was just a small sash but on the brighter side - less worn, possibly the side kept against the body of the wearer - there was a hastily scrawled script in a language she didn't recognize... Meanwhile, Molerince's bright bit in the sand did turn out to be something interesting. Maybe not extremely valuable, but at least pretty. [item=Ceremonial Sash] [item=Ornate Copper Bracelet] [item=Sand] @sgkat (135) Perhaps the time for a bit of vengeance was upon them. As Hale spoke to her, a movement of blue and orange caught her eye over his shoulder: a snake's nest. A little flutter of purple in the nest also made her realize a bright bird had fallen victim to the snakes. Maybe she could exact her revenge, get lunch, AND bring back something pretty for Cupid... [item=Olive Sea Snake]x4 [item=Purple Birdskull Wingpiece]
@KraalofBhaga ((Gotta bring some dergs to dig with first! XD))

@Stanzascale (64)
As Khepnir stuck her nose back into her hole she bumped into another nose. Melting out of the shadows cast in her digging was the head of another imperial, dark eyes like hers, but much more serious. Along the darker sloping of sand a set of six eyes of varying elements watched as well.

7036834_350.png

"When in search of secrets, it doesn't do to scream your intentions to the world, sister." The mysterious male started withdrawing into his shadow portal until he was only a pair of eyes like the others. "You lose secrets you find when they become known." One side of her hole suddenly gave way and buried the eyes, but a bright bit of fabric tumbled in as well. "Keep it safe," warned the voice of the male from a distance. Upon inspection, it was just a small sash but on the brighter side - less worn, possibly the side kept against the body of the wearer - there was a hastily scrawled script in a language she didn't recognize...

Meanwhile, Molerince's bright bit in the sand did turn out to be something interesting. Maybe not extremely valuable, but at least pretty.

Ceremonial Sash Ornate Copper Bracelet Sand

@sgkat (135)
Perhaps the time for a bit of vengeance was upon them. As Hale spoke to her, a movement of blue and orange caught her eye over his shoulder: a snake's nest. A little flutter of purple in the nest also made her realize a bright bird had fallen victim to the snakes. Maybe she could exact her revenge, get lunch, AND bring back something pretty for Cupid...

Olive Sea Snake x4 Purple Birdskull Wingpiece
tumblr_nx2c37NYFI1tj6kx2o1_400.pngtumblr_nx3xgoNfuQ1tj6kx2o1_100.png
Khepnir held tightly to the gift. Usually she couldn’t tell the difference between humiliation and the act of humbling. She was taking the occurrence as the latter today. The Imperial decided to head inland to where the ground became rocky.

The article was quite fine on closer inspection. Perhaps she should try wear it herself? No. Not on its own at least. Such a change in attire would not go unnoticed. There was a fine line between hiding a secret in plain sight and making its secrecy redundant.

The indiscrete ways of the shinies were rubbing off on her, Khepnir thought in disgust. She’d lost her touch, not to mention her patience. All this travelling wasn’t good for her. How bright and sunny it was, even in a forested area as that lair was, may have also been throwing her off-kilter. The excuses did nothing to ease the shame the stranger's words had brought and she felt anger as she sought some shade amid the rocks.

She could not fail.
Maybe it was time to end her residency in the Ruins and return to the marvels of the Drag.
Khepnir examined the sash again, turning her attention to the strange scrawl. Could one of the beastclans have stolen this to use for their own purposes? Or perhaps it was a cipher. The Imperial blew out through her nostrils as water dripped from her horns.

That settled it. Back in the motherland she could learn what ciphers were in common use and what were not. Codes were not so uncommon a trick, so who would ask why?

She would ensure this secret was hers and hers alone.

Molerince wasn't paying attention as she contentedly watched the bracelet reflect the sunlight. How careless to misplace such a thing.
Metal and sand.
It had been quite some time since she’d last set foot in the Shifting Expanse. The Wildclaw wondered if Belttissa would like to see the place, the spires the realm was known for could make for quite the night spectacle. Molerince tried recall memories, now fogged, of the symphony of a Lightning clan’s machinery that had once lulled her to sleep during the desert days.

It really was a fine day.
Khepnir held tightly to the gift. Usually she couldn’t tell the difference between humiliation and the act of humbling. She was taking the occurrence as the latter today. The Imperial decided to head inland to where the ground became rocky.

The article was quite fine on closer inspection. Perhaps she should try wear it herself? No. Not on its own at least. Such a change in attire would not go unnoticed. There was a fine line between hiding a secret in plain sight and making its secrecy redundant.

The indiscrete ways of the shinies were rubbing off on her, Khepnir thought in disgust. She’d lost her touch, not to mention her patience. All this travelling wasn’t good for her. How bright and sunny it was, even in a forested area as that lair was, may have also been throwing her off-kilter. The excuses did nothing to ease the shame the stranger's words had brought and she felt anger as she sought some shade amid the rocks.

She could not fail.
Maybe it was time to end her residency in the Ruins and return to the marvels of the Drag.
Khepnir examined the sash again, turning her attention to the strange scrawl. Could one of the beastclans have stolen this to use for their own purposes? Or perhaps it was a cipher. The Imperial blew out through her nostrils as water dripped from her horns.

That settled it. Back in the motherland she could learn what ciphers were in common use and what were not. Codes were not so uncommon a trick, so who would ask why?

She would ensure this secret was hers and hers alone.

Molerince wasn't paying attention as she contentedly watched the bracelet reflect the sunlight. How careless to misplace such a thing.
Metal and sand.
It had been quite some time since she’d last set foot in the Shifting Expanse. The Wildclaw wondered if Belttissa would like to see the place, the spires the realm was known for could make for quite the night spectacle. Molerince tried recall memories, now fogged, of the symphony of a Lightning clan’s machinery that had once lulled her to sleep during the desert days.

It really was a fine day.
thvaFIy.gif merrilyn_stanzascale_100_by_dragonnmr-daepisq.gif Al57MeZ.pngpczVZcg.png5VYqqm9.pngPGOToAl.png CNCiTkT.png 2uXjxgw.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9