Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | [DONE] Dragonhome Clam Digging!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
@polygone
An angry and sand covered Golgatha looked down at the two morsels resting near his feet. Hungry, and now angry, he shouted to his boss/mortal enemy.
"Hey, Newt, can I eat these two? It's been a while since I've had a snack and these two just made a mess, so clean up can be on me."

Newt started walking in that direction, flailing their arms and huffing and puffing.
"No you imbecile, say hi or something! Jeeze man! I can't take you anywhere without you tugging at my sleeve asking, 'Can I eat him?', or, 'Can I eat this lair full of hatchlings?', or, 'I bet you that I can eat ALL of this butter in a minute.' Do you KNOW how annoying that is, I MEAN..."

As Newt went off on a tangent, not paying attention. Golgatha eyed the dragons below him and thought of who to eat first. The fae? Smaller, but that would mean she'd struggle less on the way down. The mirror might be a problem, but once out of the way the fae would then be easier.

Newt noticed Golgatha, and began to snap their fingers to get his attention.

"GET BACK TO DIGGING YOU CLOD! I'll handle this~" and with that Golgatha thudded off.

Newt now greeted the mirror directly, "Hello sir~ Sorry about my friend he's a bit... odd."
@polygone
An angry and sand covered Golgatha looked down at the two morsels resting near his feet. Hungry, and now angry, he shouted to his boss/mortal enemy.
"Hey, Newt, can I eat these two? It's been a while since I've had a snack and these two just made a mess, so clean up can be on me."

Newt started walking in that direction, flailing their arms and huffing and puffing.
"No you imbecile, say hi or something! Jeeze man! I can't take you anywhere without you tugging at my sleeve asking, 'Can I eat him?', or, 'Can I eat this lair full of hatchlings?', or, 'I bet you that I can eat ALL of this butter in a minute.' Do you KNOW how annoying that is, I MEAN..."

As Newt went off on a tangent, not paying attention. Golgatha eyed the dragons below him and thought of who to eat first. The fae? Smaller, but that would mean she'd struggle less on the way down. The mirror might be a problem, but once out of the way the fae would then be easier.

Newt noticed Golgatha, and began to snap their fingers to get his attention.

"GET BACK TO DIGGING YOU CLOD! I'll handle this~" and with that Golgatha thudded off.

Newt now greeted the mirror directly, "Hello sir~ Sorry about my friend he's a bit... odd."
@Koolasuchus

Aelita let out a small cry and quickly darted back behind Xana when the Imperial asked if they could be eaten. Xana, however, didn't seem to care much about the fact and looked fairly amused when Newt showed up and started yelling at him. Still smiling from the show, Xana gave a short bow to the Wildclaw before introducing himself. "Hello to you as well. And I don't mind so much. Wouldn't be the first time something's tried to eat me. Probably won't be the last either, though I wasn't really expecting such a thing at a beach party." He shrugs. "Name's Xana by the way. And the Fae behind me is Aelita."
@Koolasuchus

Aelita let out a small cry and quickly darted back behind Xana when the Imperial asked if they could be eaten. Xana, however, didn't seem to care much about the fact and looked fairly amused when Newt showed up and started yelling at him. Still smiling from the show, Xana gave a short bow to the Wildclaw before introducing himself. "Hello to you as well. And I don't mind so much. Wouldn't be the first time something's tried to eat me. Probably won't be the last either, though I wasn't really expecting such a thing at a beach party." He shrugs. "Name's Xana by the way. And the Fae behind me is Aelita."

Praise the sun! \o/
@polygone
Newt bowed as well, not used to such a greeting, but considering it might be a faux pas not to.
"Well hello from Clan Potato Chip to both of you~ My name is Newt, and I run the show back at my own little Greenhouse!" Newt paused, handing both business cards, "It's a scenic place for a Plague lair," they said this with a wink.

"And, yes, it is odd that I brought that, detestable FIEND along to a beach party, but he's big so he can dig holes. I'm more here for the party then he is. If he had it his way he'd just be back in Plague stalking some defenseless clan of dragons. Cannibals, am I right? Anyway, maybe the three of us could dig build a sand castle together, maybe dig for muscles, hmm?"
@polygone
Newt bowed as well, not used to such a greeting, but considering it might be a faux pas not to.
"Well hello from Clan Potato Chip to both of you~ My name is Newt, and I run the show back at my own little Greenhouse!" Newt paused, handing both business cards, "It's a scenic place for a Plague lair," they said this with a wink.

"And, yes, it is odd that I brought that, detestable FIEND along to a beach party, but he's big so he can dig holes. I'm more here for the party then he is. If he had it his way he'd just be back in Plague stalking some defenseless clan of dragons. Cannibals, am I right? Anyway, maybe the three of us could dig build a sand castle together, maybe dig for muscles, hmm?"
@Renessa47 [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=12531604] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/125317/12531604_350.png[/img] [/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=12466053] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/124661/12466053_350.png[/img] [/url] “I don’t know about you, but…” “Oh, will you relax, Cyg? You’re the one who keeps nagging me to unwind, take some time off—so here we are, at the beach! You were literally head over heels when I was training non-stop, and now that I’m taking a break like you asked, you’re worried I might fall out of shape? Come on,” the large male Imperial chuckled, waving his tail about and watching as a female Nocturne began to fly around his field of vision—the two had come all the way from the Shifting Expanse (where no sand and no beaches were had) in order to unwind and just basically have some fun. A disgruntled cawing noise came from the male Imperial’s antlers, before a bird that shared the same coloration of scales as he did flew around him in circles, as if imitating the Nocturne out of spite. “Oh, shush, you two,” the Imperial rumbled with a deep chuckle, before finally settling down on the sandy beach that looked… well, for the most part, deserted. Ryuki did spot a few other dragons talking some point in the distance, but chose to mind his business in the meantime, because his companion was getting rather skittish. “What’re you waiting for? Let’s dig, and see if we find something!” the female Nocturne commented, still circling around her mate’s head.
@Renessa47

12531604_350.png

12466053_350.png

“I don’t know about you, but…”

“Oh, will you relax, Cyg? You’re the one who keeps nagging me to unwind, take some time off—so here we are, at the beach! You were literally head over heels when I was training non-stop, and now that I’m taking a break like you asked, you’re worried I might fall out of shape? Come on,” the large male Imperial chuckled, waving his tail about and watching as a female Nocturne began to fly around his field of vision—the two had come all the way from the Shifting Expanse (where no sand and no beaches were had) in order to unwind and just basically have some fun.

A disgruntled cawing noise came from the male Imperial’s antlers, before a bird that shared the same coloration of scales as he did flew around him in circles, as if imitating the Nocturne out of spite. “Oh, shush, you two,” the Imperial rumbled with a deep chuckle, before finally settling down on the sandy beach that looked… well, for the most part, deserted. Ryuki did spot a few other dragons talking some point in the distance, but chose to mind his business in the meantime, because his companion was getting rather skittish.

“What’re you waiting for? Let’s dig, and see if we find something!” the female Nocturne commented, still circling around her mate’s head.
@Renessa47 (Ok, I can't resist. I'm a sillyhead.) [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=14232319] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/142324/14232319_350.png[/img] [/url] A pile of sand wiggles and (POP)s, giving way to a big eyed, bright purple fae. Perhaps she dug her way to the festival; perhaps she's been lying in wait. Maybe she's already been digging tunnels under the feet of all the other dragons. Her headcrest shoots up, a tiny brown sand crab swinging crazily as it tries to hang onto the offending tiny dragon. Her wide eyes dart around as if trying to look at everything at once. "WATERBUG!" She skitters across the sand a couple of meters, and thumps the side of her head down, listening intently. After a moment, she skitters to a new spot, listening. This repeats a few times as she weaves in a near drunken pattern around the sand, between and through the legs of other dragons. Sitting up, Wild's eyes flick around again, looking at everything and nothing. Perhaps she's overcaffienated? Her chest heaves with excitement, headcrest twitching almost as much as the tip of her tail. "Bugbugbugbugbugbugs bugbugbugs.." She wrings her front claws and explosively bursts into digging downwards, sand flying in every direction. "BUGS. BUGS. WATERBUGS."
@Renessa47

(Ok, I can't resist. I'm a sillyhead.)

14232319_350.png

A pile of sand wiggles and (POP)s, giving way to a big eyed, bright purple fae. Perhaps she dug her way to the festival; perhaps she's been lying in wait. Maybe she's already been digging tunnels under the feet of all the other dragons. Her headcrest shoots up, a tiny brown sand crab swinging crazily as it tries to hang onto the offending tiny dragon.

Her wide eyes dart around as if trying to look at everything at once. "WATERBUG!"

She skitters across the sand a couple of meters, and thumps the side of her head down, listening intently. After a moment, she skitters to a new spot, listening. This repeats a few times as she weaves in a near drunken pattern around the sand, between and through the legs of other dragons.

Sitting up, Wild's eyes flick around again, looking at everything and nothing. Perhaps she's overcaffienated? Her chest heaves with excitement, headcrest twitching almost as much as the tip of her tail.

"Bugbugbugbugbugbugs bugbugbugs.." She wrings her front claws and explosively bursts into digging downwards, sand flying in every direction. "BUGS. BUGS. WATERBUGS."

Mouse
She/Her
FR time+0
Silly Code Nerd

747.png
@Koolasuchus

Xana took the card, unsure where to put it really. He listened calmly, smiling at the Wildclaw's apparent joke. Aelita didn't come out much from her hiding place except to grab one of the cards and retreat back, but at the mention of a sand castle her frills perked up and she flew up into the air above Xana, fairly excited. "Oooh a sand castle? We should totally build one. And we can have a moat and tiny little spires and stuff and it'll be cool." She lands on top of Xana's shoulders and continues her rant without appearing to take a breath. "..And we could find something to use as a little flag on top and what do you think Xana?" She leans forwards, looking into the Mirror's eyes with her head hanging upside-down. "Wanna go build a sandcastle?"

Xana laughed a little, and flicked his head back and arching his back, essentially flicking the Fae up over his shoulder and tumbling back into the sand behind him. "I guess we're building a sand castle then. Want to go pick a spot?" Aelita quickly recovered, flittering back up into the air and saying "Yay!" before perching back on Xana's shoulders again.
@Koolasuchus

Xana took the card, unsure where to put it really. He listened calmly, smiling at the Wildclaw's apparent joke. Aelita didn't come out much from her hiding place except to grab one of the cards and retreat back, but at the mention of a sand castle her frills perked up and she flew up into the air above Xana, fairly excited. "Oooh a sand castle? We should totally build one. And we can have a moat and tiny little spires and stuff and it'll be cool." She lands on top of Xana's shoulders and continues her rant without appearing to take a breath. "..And we could find something to use as a little flag on top and what do you think Xana?" She leans forwards, looking into the Mirror's eyes with her head hanging upside-down. "Wanna go build a sandcastle?"

Xana laughed a little, and flicked his head back and arching his back, essentially flicking the Fae up over his shoulder and tumbling back into the sand behind him. "I guess we're building a sand castle then. Want to go pick a spot?" Aelita quickly recovered, flittering back up into the air and saying "Yay!" before perching back on Xana's shoulders again.

Praise the sun! \o/
@Kickback (136) Ascerva suddenly hung down from an overhanging rock head first, her starry silks floating down to drape over Tatooine's head. "Free food isn't a party?" she giggled. Some mussels clacked in protest as Mocha pulled at the bright green intruder. Without warning the rock around the crevice gave way and an encrusted set of tail feathers fluffed out. [item=Lemongrass Tail Feathers] [item=Scarlet Mussels]x3 @Koolasuchus (31) Digging, digging, digging. The Imperial could have dug a hole the size of himself and only found sand. Though, a little discomfort prompted him to look at his claws and spot a couple nuisances that had gotten stuck there. [item=Simple Darksteel Wing Bangles] [item=Sand]x2 @polygone (5 D:) Well, even though their day was perhaps not starting out to be the best, the two were probably going to be shaking out enough sand over the coming weeks to commission a small blown vase. [item=Sand]x5 @Hanelli (73) The Imp immediately uncovered a gorgeous and voluptuous black silk tassel; still shiny and strong despite however long it had been buried. Chasing the cord further into the sand to find the rest of the clearly marvelous object, the whole thing suddenly came loose... and the giant tassel was connected to a comical small red hat... [item=Simple Red Fez] [item=Sand]x2 Though, if one turned up the hat and looked inside, they might see a magical flaring of a rune inked in gold that resembles a pyramid with an eye... @mousekinn (163) The frantic fae just happened to shuffle a foot along in the right place and her long toes were caught on a leather strap in the sand, which half unearthed a battered pack. A very, very faint buzzing - easy to miss by any other breed, or any dragon less intense - emanated within. Opening it to peer inside, she not only discovered the waterlogged original contents but a few creatures that had become trapped in-OH GODS THEY'RE EVERYWHERE! [item=Featherfall Pack] [item=Dune Vampire]x5
@Kickback (136)
Ascerva suddenly hung down from an overhanging rock head first, her starry silks floating down to drape over Tatooine's head. "Free food isn't a party?" she giggled.

Some mussels clacked in protest as Mocha pulled at the bright green intruder. Without warning the rock around the crevice gave way and an encrusted set of tail feathers fluffed out.

Lemongrass Tail Feathers Scarlet Mussels x3

@Koolasuchus (31)
Digging, digging, digging. The Imperial could have dug a hole the size of himself and only found sand. Though, a little discomfort prompted him to look at his claws and spot a couple nuisances that had gotten stuck there.

Simple Darksteel Wing Bangles Sand x2

@polygone (5 D:)
Well, even though their day was perhaps not starting out to be the best, the two were probably going to be shaking out enough sand over the coming weeks to commission a small blown vase.

Sand x5

@Hanelli (73)
The Imp immediately uncovered a gorgeous and voluptuous black silk tassel; still shiny and strong despite however long it had been buried. Chasing the cord further into the sand to find the rest of the clearly marvelous object, the whole thing suddenly came loose... and the giant tassel was connected to a comical small red hat...

Simple Red Fez Sand x2

Though, if one turned up the hat and looked inside, they might see a magical flaring of a rune inked in gold that resembles a pyramid with an eye...

@mousekinn (163)
The frantic fae just happened to shuffle a foot along in the right place and her long toes were caught on a leather strap in the sand, which half unearthed a battered pack. A very, very faint buzzing - easy to miss by any other breed, or any dragon less intense - emanated within. Opening it to peer inside, she not only discovered the waterlogged original contents but a few creatures that had become trapped in-OH GODS THEY'RE EVERYWHERE!

Featherfall Pack Dune Vampire x5
tumblr_nx2c37NYFI1tj6kx2o1_400.pngtumblr_nx3xgoNfuQ1tj6kx2o1_100.png
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=3015638] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/30157/3015638_350.png[/img] [/url] The ridgeback grumbled about his hatred of sand and the ocean. His clan had nominated him to do the digging. He looked at his diver armband. [i]Clearly they must think I looove the water because of this, [/i] he thought. Truthfully he just liked to match. He did bring along his water bear, who bounced along happily in the sand and waves. [color=darkgray]"Go water bear! Find us the juiciest of clams!"[/color] He was unaware that there were presents in the clams. He was just after the meat. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=250145] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/2502/250145_350.png[/img] [/url] Leonard loved digging. She loved it so much she followed Samson out to the beach. She heard he was digging. She was stealth. She hid behind him when he moved. He watched his familiar flop around in the surf. She kept her Woodland Turkey Mr. Gobbles at home. She didn't want him to get covered in sand. She wandered out of Samson's sight and began digging a massive hole. [center]-------------------------------------------------- [/center] Samson saw Leonard and sighed. She was a few crayons short of a full box. He would have to watch her. Samson knew she was trying to be a stealthy little mirror, but well, she was a mess. Her poor little hat was already getting a healthy coat of sand on it. Her hole was impressive, but she was digging to far up the beach to find clams.

3015638_350.png

The ridgeback grumbled about his hatred of sand and the ocean. His clan had nominated him to do the digging. He looked at his diver armband. Clearly they must think I looove the water because of this, he thought. Truthfully he just liked to match. He did bring along his water bear, who bounced along happily in the sand and waves.

"Go water bear! Find us the juiciest of clams!" He was unaware that there were presents in the clams. He was just after the meat.

250145_350.png

Leonard loved digging. She loved it so much she followed Samson out to the beach. She heard he was digging. She was stealth. She hid behind him when he moved. He watched his familiar flop around in the surf. She kept her Woodland Turkey Mr. Gobbles at home. She didn't want him to get covered in sand.

She wandered out of Samson's sight and began digging a massive hole.

Samson saw Leonard and sighed. She was a few crayons short of a full box. He would have to watch her. Samson knew she was trying to be a stealthy little mirror, but well, she was a mess. Her poor little hat was already getting a healthy coat of sand on it. Her hole was impressive, but she was digging to far up the beach to find clams.
gPt7rtY.pngCHCjXcz.png
@Renessa47 (Gathering please!) [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=8743415] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/87435/8743415_350.png[/img] [/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=12336413] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/123365/12336413_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] Prince Alastair was not exactly enjoying this trip. His whole Clan had showed up, with the exception of the proud parents watching over their nests and the younger hatchlings. However, they had immediately split up to maximize their findings. Prince Alastair didn't think that was very fun; he had expected the point to be to have fun, not to dig in the endless sand. With a sigh, he turned to Adaliah. "Do we really have to continue doing this?" he asked. For a moment, she didn't respond, just continued to dig as her silks flapped in the breeze. Then she paused and said, "Alright, we can stop." Prince Alastair brightened, but then Adaliah added "if you go dig one last time over there." She gestured to a bare patch of untouched sand. With a sigh, the skydancer glided over there and began to dig, holding his wings over himself in the hopes to block out the intense sun. [center]---[/center] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=14378038] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/143781/14378038_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] Meanwhile, Hickory was off by himself. Being a new addition to the Clan, he hadn't made many friends yet. Making sure not to drop his silver pocketwatch - his prized possession - he began to dig off by himself in the sand. He quickly grew tired of this and before he had found anything, he had wandered off to go do something fun. The massive purple dragon played in the waves for a while, but after a while even that grew boring. He put his silver pocketwatch out in the sand, under the bright sun, in the hopes that it would dry and looked around at the other dragons, contemplating trying to talk to one of them. As he thought, he began to absentmindedly hum a tune.
@Renessa47 (Gathering please!)

Prince Alastair was not exactly enjoying this trip. His whole Clan had showed up, with the exception of the proud parents watching over their nests and the younger hatchlings. However, they had immediately split up to maximize their findings. Prince Alastair didn't think that was very fun; he had expected the point to be to have fun, not to dig in the endless sand. With a sigh, he turned to Adaliah. "Do we really have to continue doing this?" he asked. For a moment, she didn't respond, just continued to dig as her silks flapped in the breeze. Then she paused and said, "Alright, we can stop." Prince Alastair brightened, but then Adaliah added "if you go dig one last time over there." She gestured to a bare patch of untouched sand. With a sigh, the skydancer glided over there and began to dig, holding his wings over himself in the hopes to block out the intense sun.
---

Meanwhile, Hickory was off by himself. Being a new addition to the Clan, he hadn't made many friends yet. Making sure not to drop his silver pocketwatch - his prized possession - he began to dig off by himself in the sand. He quickly grew tired of this and before he had found anything, he had wandered off to go do something fun. The massive purple dragon played in the waves for a while, but after a while even that grew boring. He put his silver pocketwatch out in the sand, under the bright sun, in the hopes that it would dry and looked around at the other dragons, contemplating trying to talk to one of them. As he thought, he began to absentmindedly hum a tune.
all of my hoards are located here! // free level twenty-four cauldron!
tumblr_inline_nfx4qkzLCB1r6zydg.png
@Renessa47 [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=12718686] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/127187/12718686_350.png[/img] [/url] "Ugh, it is way too warm here. I can't wait to get back home," an icy-furred Tundra stepped out onto the beach, shaking his fur as if that might rid him of the heat. "I really want to enjoy this, but I don't think I can. Maybe if it was sixty degrees colder." [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=11842602] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/118427/11842602_350.png[/img] [/url] The Coatl who was beside him shook his head. "Get over it," he scoffed, "we're only here for a day, Hikuliak. This is supposed to be our weekend away together. Don't ruin it with being grumpy! Come on, let's get digging. Don't you want to find something nice?" "Fine, fine, Montague. But don't blame me when you find sand stuck in weird places later." The Tundra nudged him playfully, then began to start digging.
@Renessa47

12718686_350.png

"Ugh, it is way too warm here. I can't wait to get back home," an icy-furred Tundra stepped out onto the beach, shaking his fur as if that might rid him of the heat. "I really want to enjoy this, but I don't think I can. Maybe if it was sixty degrees colder."

11842602_350.png

The Coatl who was beside him shook his head. "Get over it," he scoffed, "we're only here for a day, Hikuliak. This is supposed to be our weekend away together. Don't ruin it with being grumpy! Come on, let's get digging. Don't you want to find something nice?"

"Fine, fine, Montague. But don't blame me when you find sand stuck in weird places later." The Tundra nudged him playfully, then began to start digging.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9