Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | [DONE] Dragonhome Clam Digging!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
@Renessa47 [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/70605/7060469_350.png?mtime=VHijsgACOUw.png[/img] "BEACH PARTYYY!!" Hallow roared as she dropped out of the sky and rolled in the sand. She loved coming to the coast with her family and just playing like hatchlings. She didn't need an excuse to come down to this part of Dragonhome, but when she heard an event was being held where she could possibly find treasure? Oh she was [i]SO[/i] in! Even if she didn't find anything valuable Hallow had the chance to meet dragons from other Flights! Everything was so exciting but all she wanted to do right now was roll and get sand wedged in every square inch of her fur. Walking/flying calmly down the beach behind Hallow were one of her brothers and her little sister. [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/70582/7058155_350.png?mtime=VFLZDgABoQg.png[/img] Scree hovered in the air, his eyes squinted behind his mask and his trembling crests showing that he found his sister's display quite amusing. [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/116943/11694247_350.png?mtime=VYXkCgACJRk.png[/img] A smaller Tundra with earthier colors than her big sister sank into the warm sand with a sigh. She spread her wings over the ground to soak up as much of that wonderful [i]earth[/i] feeling as she could. "Don't you think you're a little old for that?" she asked, snorting a bit at Hallow's antics. "Maybe I am," Hallow rolled upright and shook a little, "but YOU aren't!" The little Tundra sat up a bit in surprise as Hallow lunged for her. This gave Hallow exactly what she wanted as she flopped the both of them onto the ground, sand getting absolutely everywhere. "'C'mon Mattie lighten up! You need to get out more." The two Tundras laughed in a heap. Scree took the opportunity to fly into his sisters' faces and gesture at the sand, making digging motions with his claws. "Right. What we came here for." Hallow untangled herself from the Tundra pile and found herself a spot to search the sand. Scree decided to dig over by his little sister, tiny claws working the sand alongside her bigger paws.
@Renessa47

7060469_350.png?mtime=VHijsgACOUw.png
"BEACH PARTYYY!!" Hallow roared as she dropped out of the sky and rolled in the sand. She loved coming to the coast with her family and just playing like hatchlings. She didn't need an excuse to come down to this part of Dragonhome, but when she heard an event was being held where she could possibly find treasure? Oh she was SO in! Even if she didn't find anything valuable Hallow had the chance to meet dragons from other Flights! Everything was so exciting but all she wanted to do right now was roll and get sand wedged in every square inch of her fur.

Walking/flying calmly down the beach behind Hallow were one of her brothers and her little sister.
7058155_350.png?mtime=VFLZDgABoQg.png
Scree hovered in the air, his eyes squinted behind his mask and his trembling crests showing that he found his sister's display quite amusing.

11694247_350.png?mtime=VYXkCgACJRk.png
A smaller Tundra with earthier colors than her big sister sank into the warm sand with a sigh. She spread her wings over the ground to soak up as much of that wonderful earth feeling as she could. "Don't you think you're a little old for that?" she asked, snorting a bit at Hallow's antics.

"Maybe I am," Hallow rolled upright and shook a little, "but YOU aren't!" The little Tundra sat up a bit in surprise as Hallow lunged for her. This gave Hallow exactly what she wanted as she flopped the both of them onto the ground, sand getting absolutely everywhere. "'C'mon Mattie lighten up! You need to get out more." The two Tundras laughed in a heap. Scree took the opportunity to fly into his sisters' faces and gesture at the sand, making digging motions with his claws. "Right. What we came here for." Hallow untangled herself from the Tundra pile and found herself a spot to search the sand. Scree decided to dig over by his little sister, tiny claws working the sand alongside her bigger paws.
xeDKNxe.pngeNitZGp.gif
@Renessa47 [left][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=1071454] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/10715/1071454_350.png[/img] [/url][/left] A somewhat odd-looking mirror murmurs to himself as he makes his way closer to the shore. Perhaps he's a bit over-dressed for a day at the beach? While he glances towards other beach-goers, he largely remains aloof, just continuously murmuring. What might not be readily apparent to any but the sharpest-eyed observers, is that the mirror is actually speaking to a small fae riding on his shoulder. His extra eye on that side is constantly looking back towards her to read her responses. "You're right, it [i]is[/i] a lovely day," Cyrixu murmurs softly. "Made more so by your smile." [right][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=1071453] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/10715/1071453_350.png[/img] [/url][/right] The fae makes a series of bashful motions, then taps Cyrixu's shoulder and indicates towards a spot just under a rock jutting up from the shore at an angle. "Over there?" Cyrixu confirms quietly. "Alright Maejin, one moment." True to his word, the mirror brings the two of them to the indicated location in a short time. Once there, the blind fae flits down from his shoulder to the sandy ground and begins to dig, sometimes playfully throwing a few grains towards Cyrixu, who chuckles softly at Maejin's excitement.
@Renessa47

A somewhat odd-looking mirror murmurs to himself as he makes his way closer to the shore. Perhaps he's a bit over-dressed for a day at the beach? While he glances towards other beach-goers, he largely remains aloof, just continuously murmuring. What might not be readily apparent to any but the sharpest-eyed observers, is that the mirror is actually speaking to a small fae riding on his shoulder. His extra eye on that side is constantly looking back towards her to read her responses.

"You're right, it is a lovely day," Cyrixu murmurs softly. "Made more so by your smile."

The fae makes a series of bashful motions, then taps Cyrixu's shoulder and indicates towards a spot just under a rock jutting up from the shore at an angle.

"Over there?" Cyrixu confirms quietly. "Alright Maejin, one moment." True to his word, the mirror brings the two of them to the indicated location in a short time. Once there, the blind fae flits down from his shoulder to the sandy ground and begins to dig, sometimes playfully throwing a few grains towards Cyrixu, who chuckles softly at Maejin's excitement.
EGjlGzP.png
@Renessa47 [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/121287/12128627_350.png[/img] "Hmmm." The large, extravagantly dressed Tundra stood, a small stone held up to her eyes, which were comically magnified by the goggles she wore. "This s certainly interesting, Serpentinite!" [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/121287/12128629_350.png[/img] A small fae fluttered over to the Tundra dragon, settling on the armor on her wing. "What is it, Permafrost? Is it what we are looking for?" He flew over to the rock, looking at it from different angles." "It appears to be a small chunk of arcane-altered rhyolite!" Permafrost grinned. "Its time to break out the notebook. I think we are going to find some good things today!" With that, Permafrost placed the rock delicately in her pouch, and took to immediately tearing at the sand like a Labrador retriever let off the leash. Serpentinite sighed, retrieving a notebook from a pouch. He knew that grin. Permafrost was on a field kick, and it was gong to be a long day. Despite the impending investigation, he gave a slight smile as he shook his head at the antics of his mate.
@Renessa47

12128627_350.png

"Hmmm." The large, extravagantly dressed Tundra stood, a small stone held up to her eyes, which were comically magnified by the goggles she wore. "This s certainly interesting, Serpentinite!"

12128629_350.png

A small fae fluttered over to the Tundra dragon, settling on the armor on her wing.

"What is it, Permafrost? Is it what we are looking for?" He flew over to the rock, looking at it from different angles."

"It appears to be a small chunk of arcane-altered rhyolite!" Permafrost grinned. "Its time to break out the notebook. I think we are going to find some good things today!"

With that, Permafrost placed the rock delicately in her pouch, and took to immediately tearing at the sand like a Labrador retriever let off the leash.

Serpentinite sighed, retrieving a notebook from a pouch. He knew that grin. Permafrost was on a field kick, and it was gong to be a long day. Despite the impending investigation, he gave a slight smile as he shook his head at the antics of his mate.
@Weathering
@Mousekinn
@Emberwolf
@Kickback

"Actually, we flew in from over the ridge a ways." The Goldenrod male gestured back with his head towards the inland, a gentle smile crossing his face as he laid down to allow little ones to crawl over him as well if they wished. His tail curled in slightly to allow a ramp for them as well. "But I couldn't allow such an opportunity to pass by.

"You also needed out of the lair." Terrina said as she came over, the Toridae boot draped over one of her horns for the lack of anything else to do with it. She smiled at the others, sitting as elegantly as she could. Even though she had no idea how to do so. Looking elegant was not her usual way. "I'm Terrina, and this is the Tenbrook Clan's broodfather, Sanrose."

"A pleasure." The male glanced over at the rush of movement, blinking at the flash of purple and blue running under a blanket, followed by a cloud of mosquitoes. Insects chasing an insect eater... that was a new one. And then the pale with red circuit marked Imperial darted off, and Sanrose scooped a hatchling out of the way to avoid getting squashed. The electricity and sparks were interesting, though he grinned at the complaints. "Mosquitoes are not just native to Dragonhome, friend!"
@Weathering
@Mousekinn
@Emberwolf
@Kickback

"Actually, we flew in from over the ridge a ways." The Goldenrod male gestured back with his head towards the inland, a gentle smile crossing his face as he laid down to allow little ones to crawl over him as well if they wished. His tail curled in slightly to allow a ramp for them as well. "But I couldn't allow such an opportunity to pass by.

"You also needed out of the lair." Terrina said as she came over, the Toridae boot draped over one of her horns for the lack of anything else to do with it. She smiled at the others, sitting as elegantly as she could. Even though she had no idea how to do so. Looking elegant was not her usual way. "I'm Terrina, and this is the Tenbrook Clan's broodfather, Sanrose."

"A pleasure." The male glanced over at the rush of movement, blinking at the flash of purple and blue running under a blanket, followed by a cloud of mosquitoes. Insects chasing an insect eater... that was a new one. And then the pale with red circuit marked Imperial darted off, and Sanrose scooped a hatchling out of the way to avoid getting squashed. The electricity and sparks were interesting, though he grinned at the complaints. "Mosquitoes are not just native to Dragonhome, friend!"
1E8JFs6.png
@Kickback @Shirelin

As the imperial shook the towel, a purple and black fae tumbled out onto the sand. With a very ungraceful and floppy sort of splat, she landed spread eagle on her back, kinked tail jutting at an odd angle. The featherfall pack, now empty (hopefully), plopped on her head. One back foot twitched.

Wild's tongue lolled out from under the bag, patted the sand a bit, snagged a stunned mosquito and rolled back into her maw with a slurp. Tasty!

Her left eye squinted open, cautiously, bewildered at the dark inside the bag. "bug....?"
@Kickback @Shirelin

As the imperial shook the towel, a purple and black fae tumbled out onto the sand. With a very ungraceful and floppy sort of splat, she landed spread eagle on her back, kinked tail jutting at an odd angle. The featherfall pack, now empty (hopefully), plopped on her head. One back foot twitched.

Wild's tongue lolled out from under the bag, patted the sand a bit, snagged a stunned mosquito and rolled back into her maw with a slurp. Tasty!

Her left eye squinted open, cautiously, bewildered at the dark inside the bag. "bug....?"

Mouse
She/Her
FR time+0
Silly Code Nerd

747.png
@dividedAnimus (72) Ahhhh earth. Land of sand and dirt for DAAAAAAAYYYS. Also: other sundry brown things! [item=Sand]x2 [item=Stone Arrowhead] [item=Leather Chest Wrap] @Meyoline (152) Maejin's current world of constantly shifting granules, tiny rock fragments, and clinging fine silt shifted slightly. The grains of sand didn't move as much just to the left of her digging. She brushed them aside and her fingers fell on an extremely smooth, liquid surface. She'd felt this before, in the hoard back home. It was a cloth of the Maren. It wrapped around shapes beneath. A small metal loop with a little lump, a ring? It couldn't be dragon size. There was also an interconnected jumble of lumpy metal, with small bits attached with fine chains. She wrapped her long fae fingers around the bundle and pulled it free from the sand to drag out before Cyrixu. [item=Wavespun Cloth] [item=Diamond Ring] [item=Amethyst Flourish Necklace] [item=Salt] @NekonaGeokitty (13 D:) Today's studies were certainly enlightening: a beach is made of 90% sand! [item=Sand]x3 [item=Salt]
@dividedAnimus (72)
Ahhhh earth. Land of sand and dirt for DAAAAAAAYYYS. Also: other sundry brown things!

Sand x2 Stone Arrowhead Leather Chest Wrap

@Meyoline (152)
Maejin's current world of constantly shifting granules, tiny rock fragments, and clinging fine silt shifted slightly. The grains of sand didn't move as much just to the left of her digging. She brushed them aside and her fingers fell on an extremely smooth, liquid surface. She'd felt this before, in the hoard back home. It was a cloth of the Maren. It wrapped around shapes beneath. A small metal loop with a little lump, a ring? It couldn't be dragon size. There was also an interconnected jumble of lumpy metal, with small bits attached with fine chains. She wrapped her long fae fingers around the bundle and pulled it free from the sand to drag out before Cyrixu.

Wavespun Cloth Diamond Ring Amethyst Flourish Necklace Salt

@NekonaGeokitty (13 D:)
Today's studies were certainly enlightening: a beach is made of 90% sand!

Sand x3 Salt
tumblr_nx2c37NYFI1tj6kx2o1_400.pngtumblr_nx3xgoNfuQ1tj6kx2o1_100.png
@Renessa47 [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=12542059] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/125421/12542059_350.png[/img] [/url] Krayt heaved a weary sigh. No mater what her clan's Matriarch seemed to think, Earth flight just really didn't seem up to any sort of sneaky business with the current fight for dominance. She wasn't even sure [i]why[/i] she'd been chosen for this particular recon mission. She had absolutely no skills as an agent, and was pretty sure the only reasons she was chosen was because an earthy colored Snapper was likely to draw less attention. Which was an utterly absurd idea as she'd never stepped in Dragonhome in her life! Honestly everyone she'd met so far seemed to just be having a good time, just like everyone at home was with summer fun. Everyone but her. "Frotz, I give up!" she roared, venting out some of her pent up frustration, "Either there's absolutely nothing out of the ordinary going on or I'm just a lousy spy! Both is also a possibility but then it's their own damn fault for sending me instead of Alec or Zevran or Ganna going herself!" The Pearlcatcher was not only Earth-Chosen but also the clan's spy master after all. Realizing she probably shouldn't have yelled things about being a spy out loud, she quickly glanced around and hurried off towards the nearest hill before anyone saw her... ...and found herself looking down at what looked like a vast number of dragons digging in the ground along the shoreline. Every so often one would give a shout of excitement, holding up something they uncovered. Krayt watched them for a while before ungracefully scurrying down to sea level to take a look. [i]I'm going to have fun,[/i] she decided firmly as she started to somewhat hesitantly start digging in an area a bit of a ways off from the main bulk of dragons, [i]After all, there's no one else around to actualy stop me.[/i]
@Renessa47

12542059_350.png

Krayt heaved a weary sigh. No mater what her clan's Matriarch seemed to think, Earth flight just really didn't seem up to any sort of sneaky business with the current fight for dominance. She wasn't even sure why she'd been chosen for this particular recon mission. She had absolutely no skills as an agent, and was pretty sure the only reasons she was chosen was because an earthy colored Snapper was likely to draw less attention. Which was an utterly absurd idea as she'd never stepped in Dragonhome in her life!

Honestly everyone she'd met so far seemed to just be having a good time, just like everyone at home was with summer fun. Everyone but her.

"Frotz, I give up!" she roared, venting out some of her pent up frustration, "Either there's absolutely nothing out of the ordinary going on or I'm just a lousy spy! Both is also a possibility but then it's their own damn fault for sending me instead of Alec or Zevran or Ganna going herself!" The Pearlcatcher was not only Earth-Chosen but also the clan's spy master after all.

Realizing she probably shouldn't have yelled things about being a spy out loud, she quickly glanced around and hurried off towards the nearest hill before anyone saw her...

...and found herself looking down at what looked like a vast number of dragons digging in the ground along the shoreline. Every so often one would give a shout of excitement, holding up something they uncovered. Krayt watched them for a while before ungracefully scurrying down to sea level to take a look.

I'm going to have fun, she decided firmly as she started to somewhat hesitantly start digging in an area a bit of a ways off from the main bulk of dragons, After all, there's no one else around to actualy stop me.
tumblr_ntxrqoqrD01sk2f1lo1_500.png
@Shirelin
@Kickback

Wild aimed big yellow eyes at the imperial towering over her with a distinctively blank look. She scratched at a welt on her tummy reflexively. Most Fae might be startled or a bit nervous. Most Fae possessed a sense of self preservation that wouldn't lead them to crawl into an Imperial's towel, either.

Kickback might be get the feeling this Fae was a few crayons short of a box.

When she (finally) blinked, her eyes focused on a handful of crispy fried mosquitoes. Her head frill shot straight up in excitement, paws shooting out to grab as many as she could and shove them in her mouth.

Cheeks bulging, the Imperial's attention and question registered on her - she stood up, grabbed the bag and shook it for all she was worth. More dead bugs fell out - look like the dragons were pretty safe for now?

Wild startled, and appeared to consider something. She grabbed up another two fistfuls of bugs and held her paws out to Transformer in offering. "BUGS!"

What a peace offering.
@Shirelin
@Kickback

Wild aimed big yellow eyes at the imperial towering over her with a distinctively blank look. She scratched at a welt on her tummy reflexively. Most Fae might be startled or a bit nervous. Most Fae possessed a sense of self preservation that wouldn't lead them to crawl into an Imperial's towel, either.

Kickback might be get the feeling this Fae was a few crayons short of a box.

When she (finally) blinked, her eyes focused on a handful of crispy fried mosquitoes. Her head frill shot straight up in excitement, paws shooting out to grab as many as she could and shove them in her mouth.

Cheeks bulging, the Imperial's attention and question registered on her - she stood up, grabbed the bag and shook it for all she was worth. More dead bugs fell out - look like the dragons were pretty safe for now?

Wild startled, and appeared to consider something. She grabbed up another two fistfuls of bugs and held her paws out to Transformer in offering. "BUGS!"

What a peace offering.

Mouse
She/Her
FR time+0
Silly Code Nerd

747.png
@Renessa47 If any of the dragons on the beach had been looking at the sea, instead of busily digging, they would have seen the ripples on the water. They may have seen the flick of a long tail or a wing poking out of the surface. But no one noticed her approach... [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=12650878] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/126509/12650878_350.png[/img] [/url] Kaia's head peeked out of the water, surveying the scene in front of her. Making a decision, she caught a wave to the shore, her iridescent scales glimmering in the sunlight. With a splash, the Spiral landed in the sand. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=8069543] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/80696/8069543_350.png[/img] [/url] "You couldn't have waited for me?" huffed a clearly exhausted Snapper, who came from the opposite direction of the party. "I knew we'd arrive at the same time." Ignoring her clanmate, the Spiral looked over the beach party. "Hopefully our hosts won't mind that I'm a Water dragon. I hear Earth, Wind, and Water are in a major competition right now." "That's why you brought me, isn't it? Just in case. Besides, you're in an Ice clan now - it's not like we're involved." The Snapper smiled. "Of course it is nice to have a visit home. This is the first chance I've had to come back since the last festival." "It's been [i]months[/i] since I've been at a proper beach. Not that I'm complaining, but... I'm happy to see un-frozen water for a change." Noticing that she was creating a puddle under her, the Spiral shook the rest of the water off her scales, splashing the Snapper in the process. Gaia sighed. "Come on, let's take a look around. The clams here are fantastic." She noticed the Spiral didn't look enthusiastic at the thought of seafood, so she quickly added, "And who knows what else we may dig up!"
@Renessa47

If any of the dragons on the beach had been looking at the sea, instead of busily digging, they would have seen the ripples on the water. They may have seen the flick of a long tail or a wing poking out of the surface. But no one noticed her approach...

12650878_350.png

Kaia's head peeked out of the water, surveying the scene in front of her. Making a decision, she caught a wave to the shore, her iridescent scales glimmering in the sunlight. With a splash, the Spiral landed in the sand.

8069543_350.png

"You couldn't have waited for me?" huffed a clearly exhausted Snapper, who came from the opposite direction of the party.

"I knew we'd arrive at the same time." Ignoring her clanmate, the Spiral looked over the beach party. "Hopefully our hosts won't mind that I'm a Water dragon. I hear Earth, Wind, and Water are in a major competition right now."

"That's why you brought me, isn't it? Just in case. Besides, you're in an Ice clan now - it's not like we're involved." The Snapper smiled. "Of course it is nice to have a visit home. This is the first chance I've had to come back since the last festival."

"It's been months since I've been at a proper beach. Not that I'm complaining, but... I'm happy to see un-frozen water for a change." Noticing that she was creating a puddle under her, the Spiral shook the rest of the water off her scales, splashing the Snapper in the process.

Gaia sighed. "Come on, let's take a look around. The clams here are fantastic." She noticed the Spiral didn't look enthusiastic at the thought of seafood, so she quickly added, "And who knows what else we may dig up!"

OOF HubOOF RaffleArt MarketplaceIn-flight Raffle
@Renessa47 [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=14488602][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/144887/14488602.png[/img][/url][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=9867698][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/98677/9867698.png[/img][/url][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=5022424][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/50225/5022424.png[/img][/url][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=12779837][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/127799/12779837.png[/img][/url][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=14424409][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/144245/14424409.png[/img][/url] A group of adventurous wind dragons journeyed to the opposite beach, curious to what laid on the other side of the clear blue sea. What they saw was quite different from their homeland, a lot dryer and no reeds to be found. They were however determined to find something unique, something different that their clanmates haven't seen before. They landed among a vast majority of dragons, all scavenging the coast of a confluence. Curious, they landed there to see what they could find. Half of them almost immediately got sidetracked in the water's cool current while the others started digging in the warm sand in order to clean up the beach and pocket a few trinkets on the way.[/center]
@Renessa47
14488602.png9867698.png5022424.png12779837.png14424409.png

A group of adventurous wind dragons journeyed to the opposite beach, curious to what laid on the other side of the clear blue sea. What they saw was quite different from their homeland, a lot dryer and no reeds to be found. They were however determined to find something unique, something different that their clanmates haven't seen before. They landed among a vast majority of dragons, all scavenging the coast of a confluence. Curious, they landed there to see what they could find. Half of them almost immediately got sidetracked in the water's cool current while the others started digging in the warm sand in order to clean up the beach and pocket a few trinkets on the way.
VE5UCDSz7jPciSXi.gif ||
||
||
||
Clan Helianthe
She/Her || +2 FR Time || Wind || Lore Lair || #144517

Perpetually busy insomiac in love with D&D, ARPGs & Dragons
Screaming over there is my constant mood, Helios
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9