Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Come! Sit a Spell... {open to all!}
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 16 17
@Toyoll

Outlook bowed his head. "Thank, miss."
Old cow. He knew she wasn't being sincere. If she did remember Moncha, she would've smiled. Anyone would.
But copper was copper. He flew after the Nocturne, wings whirring so quickly they buzzed like a hummingbird. "Good copper, yes? Pure? No mix? The King don't like mix. Pure only."
It was a trend, of late, to mix silver and copper for jewelry. The combined metals were far cheaper together than they were separate. Outlook trusted that whoever sold the minerals around here wouldn't turn on a fellow rock hound, but one could never be sure.
@Toyoll

Outlook bowed his head. "Thank, miss."
Old cow. He knew she wasn't being sincere. If she did remember Moncha, she would've smiled. Anyone would.
But copper was copper. He flew after the Nocturne, wings whirring so quickly they buzzed like a hummingbird. "Good copper, yes? Pure? No mix? The King don't like mix. Pure only."
It was a trend, of late, to mix silver and copper for jewelry. The combined metals were far cheaper together than they were separate. Outlook trusted that whoever sold the minerals around here wouldn't turn on a fellow rock hound, but one could never be sure.
@southpaw Damascus lifted a claw to the page and inscribed his order with tiny bars of light. He had learned quickly enough that one tends to lose pens and nick-knacks to the shifty folk of the Tangled Wood. "It will be but a moment, sir. Please sit." The Imperial slithered away. All around him, people spoke. A rowdy crew of explorers from the Windswept Plateau were loudly boasting about their most dangerous exploits, exhausted merchants droned about the difficulties of travel and even the Shadow dragons erupted in cacophonous laughter at a particularly bad joke. It was a busy, hectic place, but it had a bizarre serenity about it. Wyrms from all Flights sat under the same roof here, each loyal to different gods and creeds, and yet, they could all find camaraderie in the bottom of a teacup. Just out of the opal-coloured Tundra's field of vision, Tenebrae rose like a serpent. The eccentric female Imperial did love to spook her guests. She spoke suddenly, with a frightening voice "Your tea, good sir." [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=13994957] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/139950/13994957_350.png[/img] [/url]
@southpaw

Damascus lifted a claw to the page and inscribed his order with tiny bars of light. He had learned quickly enough that one tends to lose pens and nick-knacks to the shifty folk of the Tangled Wood. "It will be but a moment, sir. Please sit." The Imperial slithered away.

All around him, people spoke. A rowdy crew of explorers from the Windswept Plateau were loudly boasting about their most dangerous exploits, exhausted merchants droned about the difficulties of travel and even the Shadow dragons erupted in cacophonous laughter at a particularly bad joke. It was a busy, hectic place, but it had a bizarre serenity about it. Wyrms from all Flights sat under the same roof here, each loyal to different gods and creeds, and yet, they could all find camaraderie in the bottom of a teacup.

Just out of the opal-coloured Tundra's field of vision, Tenebrae rose like a serpent. The eccentric female Imperial did love to spook her guests. She spoke suddenly, with a frightening voice "Your tea, good sir."

13994957_350.png
@ShoggyDancer

The Nocturne continued to make his way through the bog, he had walked and flown all over these swamps and he knew them like the back of his claws. He knew where to plant his feet and when to hop over deep puddles. Though he'd much rather fly, he would be just a little too fast for the small Fae to keep up.

They had only traveled a short time, but already the buildings of the trading post were beginning to shrink away in the tangled vegetation of the bog. Soon, however, the ground began to dry up and Dauhir could feel the swamp give way to packed earth under his feet as they approached the edge of the estuary, where the river delta met the Sea of a Thousand Currents. The two dragons emerged into a clearing.

Large boulders and jagged rocks lined the edge of the small quarry, piles of loose stone and organized minerals lay in carefully laid rows. Somewhere near the walls of the mining pit, the sounds of scuffling and snuffling could be heard rising from a dust cloud.
@ShoggyDancer

The Nocturne continued to make his way through the bog, he had walked and flown all over these swamps and he knew them like the back of his claws. He knew where to plant his feet and when to hop over deep puddles. Though he'd much rather fly, he would be just a little too fast for the small Fae to keep up.

They had only traveled a short time, but already the buildings of the trading post were beginning to shrink away in the tangled vegetation of the bog. Soon, however, the ground began to dry up and Dauhir could feel the swamp give way to packed earth under his feet as they approached the edge of the estuary, where the river delta met the Sea of a Thousand Currents. The two dragons emerged into a clearing.

Large boulders and jagged rocks lined the edge of the small quarry, piles of loose stone and organized minerals lay in carefully laid rows. Somewhere near the walls of the mining pit, the sounds of scuffling and snuffling could be heard rising from a dust cloud.
@Toyoll

Outlook chirped happily at the sight of the quarry. It was obviously bountiful. He zipped ahead of his guide and sat before the displayed ores, sniffing curiously. He frowned. It was hard to get a good reading when they were all so close. Years of mining had worked their magic on the Fae. One good sniff, and he could immediately detect if the ore was pure. Hopefully whoever was selling would let him hold it. He'd be able to get a good whiff then.
It was important that the copper was good quality. Randolph wouldn't mind if he made a mistake. The Queen, on the other hand....
He shuddered at the thought.
His ears turned to the sounds of scraping. Someone was clearly in the mine.
@Toyoll

Outlook chirped happily at the sight of the quarry. It was obviously bountiful. He zipped ahead of his guide and sat before the displayed ores, sniffing curiously. He frowned. It was hard to get a good reading when they were all so close. Years of mining had worked their magic on the Fae. One good sniff, and he could immediately detect if the ore was pure. Hopefully whoever was selling would let him hold it. He'd be able to get a good whiff then.
It was important that the copper was good quality. Randolph wouldn't mind if he made a mistake. The Queen, on the other hand....
He shuddered at the thought.
His ears turned to the sounds of scraping. Someone was clearly in the mine.
@Toyoll

There sure were a lot of dragons in here. Alistair looked from dragon to dragon, trying to pluck up the courage to go up and talk to one of them. Conversation, unfortunately, was not one of his strong points.

Alistair nearly jumped out of his fur when another Imperial rose up beside him. "T-thanks, 'mam." he said shakily as he took his tea from the ghoulish-looking female. Since she was here, he should try to get some of the information he wanted, right? He opened his mouth to bring it up, but lost his nerve at the last second. "May I have some sugar?" he asked instead.
@Toyoll

There sure were a lot of dragons in here. Alistair looked from dragon to dragon, trying to pluck up the courage to go up and talk to one of them. Conversation, unfortunately, was not one of his strong points.

Alistair nearly jumped out of his fur when another Imperial rose up beside him. "T-thanks, 'mam." he said shakily as he took his tea from the ghoulish-looking female. Since she was here, he should try to get some of the information he wanted, right? He opened his mouth to bring it up, but lost his nerve at the last second. "May I have some sugar?" he asked instead.
Any fragile antlers you could send me would be greatly appreciated!
@Toyoll
Initially, Eada hadn’t known what to make of the hooded figure, and hesitated momentarily. What she'd certainly not expected was for it to turn out to be the proprietor. At the prank’s reveal the elder dragon’s mischief prompted a grin.
It seemed that Zaddir certainly knew his way around the trading post, albeit at a cost.
Eada gave the Imperial a polite nod in thanks as the menu was accepted.

‘Quite the character,’ the Skydancer commented, the smile yet to quite wear off as she seated herself. She wondered if her brother would enjoy a place such as this.
Eada eyed the menu’s content. ‘Not especially,’ she answered. ‘I am content to try whatever might be recommended.’
@Toyoll
Initially, Eada hadn’t known what to make of the hooded figure, and hesitated momentarily. What she'd certainly not expected was for it to turn out to be the proprietor. At the prank’s reveal the elder dragon’s mischief prompted a grin.
It seemed that Zaddir certainly knew his way around the trading post, albeit at a cost.
Eada gave the Imperial a polite nod in thanks as the menu was accepted.

‘Quite the character,’ the Skydancer commented, the smile yet to quite wear off as she seated herself. She wondered if her brother would enjoy a place such as this.
Eada eyed the menu’s content. ‘Not especially,’ she answered. ‘I am content to try whatever might be recommended.’
thvaFIy.gif merrilyn_stanzascale_100_by_dragonnmr-daepisq.gif Al57MeZ.pngpczVZcg.png5VYqqm9.pngPGOToAl.png CNCiTkT.png 2uXjxgw.png
@Stanzascale

"Ah! My dear, be prepared to travel the world from the comfort of your seat!", Zyddir said with a flourish, "You can sample exotic teas and spices imported from every corner of the globe here!" He ginned like the unabashed charmer he was, "You know, I am the acquisitions expert for the Black Bog clan. I can attest to their freshness."

The Ridgeback pointed to a number of items on the menu, "I rather like the potash peach cobbler, rich and sweet, and you simply must try each of these also!"
@Stanzascale

"Ah! My dear, be prepared to travel the world from the comfort of your seat!", Zyddir said with a flourish, "You can sample exotic teas and spices imported from every corner of the globe here!" He ginned like the unabashed charmer he was, "You know, I am the acquisitions expert for the Black Bog clan. I can attest to their freshness."

The Ridgeback pointed to a number of items on the menu, "I rather like the potash peach cobbler, rich and sweet, and you simply must try each of these also!"
@ShoggyDancer

Dauhir the Nocturne called out to the quarry, "Torvus! Torvus, we have a customer!"

"Who?! What, what?!" came the gravelly response from a midnight Snapper, the strong-looking drake seemed to be in the middle of a large excavation and was slightly annoyed at the interruption, but his expression changed at the sight of Dauhir and his little guest. The rough gembond male was obviously not one for pomp and circumstance.

"Aye, welcome to my quarry, little Fae." He said in a gruff, but not unkind, voice, "What can I do ya fer?"

The Nocturne coughed lightly, "He is a buyer for his clan. 16 copper ores."

Torvus glanced up at Dauhir irritably, "I was talkin' to th' Fae, boy! Now go wait over yonder, I'll help our friend."

"Outlook"

"Shale and stone, boy! He can tell me that 'imself!", Torvus flapped his tiny wings, shooing the smaller dragon away. Dauhir sneered at the Snapper and waddled away, waiting silently by the edge of the quarry.

"SO! Copper, eh? Easy enough, it sprouts like weeds in these parts." He shuffled toward his copper pile, "Git over here, have a look at it! Pure copper ore, dug it up m'self. 'Scuse me a second, I jus' gotta find a crate fer ya." He turned his head back to Outlook, "You, ah...plannin' to carry all this yerself?"
@ShoggyDancer

Dauhir the Nocturne called out to the quarry, "Torvus! Torvus, we have a customer!"

"Who?! What, what?!" came the gravelly response from a midnight Snapper, the strong-looking drake seemed to be in the middle of a large excavation and was slightly annoyed at the interruption, but his expression changed at the sight of Dauhir and his little guest. The rough gembond male was obviously not one for pomp and circumstance.

"Aye, welcome to my quarry, little Fae." He said in a gruff, but not unkind, voice, "What can I do ya fer?"

The Nocturne coughed lightly, "He is a buyer for his clan. 16 copper ores."

Torvus glanced up at Dauhir irritably, "I was talkin' to th' Fae, boy! Now go wait over yonder, I'll help our friend."

"Outlook"

"Shale and stone, boy! He can tell me that 'imself!", Torvus flapped his tiny wings, shooing the smaller dragon away. Dauhir sneered at the Snapper and waddled away, waiting silently by the edge of the quarry.

"SO! Copper, eh? Easy enough, it sprouts like weeds in these parts." He shuffled toward his copper pile, "Git over here, have a look at it! Pure copper ore, dug it up m'self. 'Scuse me a second, I jus' gotta find a crate fer ya." He turned his head back to Outlook, "You, ah...plannin' to carry all this yerself?"
@southpaw

"SUGAR?!" She barked a harsh laugh, "Sugar he says! No no no no no no, you want this instead." The dark Imperial then dug out a small, porcelain jar from her cloak and placed it on the Tundra's table. She gave it a small tap, cackling, "THIS will make yer tea REALLY pop."

Tenebrae leaned in and whispered conspiratorially, "Freshest in the Tangled Wood! REAL honeycomb." She smiled and winked.
@southpaw

"SUGAR?!" She barked a harsh laugh, "Sugar he says! No no no no no no, you want this instead." The dark Imperial then dug out a small, porcelain jar from her cloak and placed it on the Tundra's table. She gave it a small tap, cackling, "THIS will make yer tea REALLY pop."

Tenebrae leaned in and whispered conspiratorially, "Freshest in the Tangled Wood! REAL honeycomb." She smiled and winked.
@Toyoll

Outlook beamed at the sight of the Snapper. He was quite fond of Snappers. Many of them were miners-and not the second-rate ones you could find milling about quarries, intent only on pay. They actually enjoyed the work. The thrill of the find was what made the trade all worthwhile, and no dragon knew it better than a Snapper.

He nodded in response to Torvus's question. "Can carry. Easy. Just add rope."

He flittered over to the pile. It certainly looked pure. He noted the perfect circular cut of the metal. Someone must've polished it. That was no concern to him. Cut copper was as good as uncut. However, he couldn't help but wonder how the dragons got it out in such a lovely shape. He'd guess Earth magic, but he saw no Earth dragons.

All the more reason to smell it.

He hopped onto the edge of the box, hands hovering over a particularly shiny orb. "Can touch?" he asked.
@Toyoll

Outlook beamed at the sight of the Snapper. He was quite fond of Snappers. Many of them were miners-and not the second-rate ones you could find milling about quarries, intent only on pay. They actually enjoyed the work. The thrill of the find was what made the trade all worthwhile, and no dragon knew it better than a Snapper.

He nodded in response to Torvus's question. "Can carry. Easy. Just add rope."

He flittered over to the pile. It certainly looked pure. He noted the perfect circular cut of the metal. Someone must've polished it. That was no concern to him. Cut copper was as good as uncut. However, he couldn't help but wonder how the dragons got it out in such a lovely shape. He'd guess Earth magic, but he saw no Earth dragons.

All the more reason to smell it.

He hopped onto the edge of the box, hands hovering over a particularly shiny orb. "Can touch?" he asked.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 16 17