Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Come! Sit a Spell... {open to all!}
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 16 17
@Toyoll @Stanzascale
The green Guardian's grin matched Ahgmara's. She tilted her head to admire the mantis jar.
"Very nice, very nice. But I bet I can do better..."
"Hex..." hissed the Fae warningly, giving a pleading glance to the Skydancer, hoping someone would intervene before the Guardian did something stupid.
Hexdagaz shifted her bulk into her back legs as she sat up to rummage through her satchels. She pulled out a Guardian-sized handful of what appeared to be dead leaves. She showed them to Ahgmara, and the leaves grew antennae and legs and shuffled uncomfortably under scrutiny. "Got any of these?" She asked. "Or what about... 'Guz, do you mind getting the-"
"Yes, I mind."
The Guardian shrugged. "Fine." She lifted her chin to the mantis jar. "One magical leaf bug for that jar. Trust me, these bugs are one of a kind." She grinned, and made an odd gesture with her head that might have been a wink behind the soupy dark goggles. The Fae shrank in embarrassment.
@Toyoll @Stanzascale
The green Guardian's grin matched Ahgmara's. She tilted her head to admire the mantis jar.
"Very nice, very nice. But I bet I can do better..."
"Hex..." hissed the Fae warningly, giving a pleading glance to the Skydancer, hoping someone would intervene before the Guardian did something stupid.
Hexdagaz shifted her bulk into her back legs as she sat up to rummage through her satchels. She pulled out a Guardian-sized handful of what appeared to be dead leaves. She showed them to Ahgmara, and the leaves grew antennae and legs and shuffled uncomfortably under scrutiny. "Got any of these?" She asked. "Or what about... 'Guz, do you mind getting the-"
"Yes, I mind."
The Guardian shrugged. "Fine." She lifted her chin to the mantis jar. "One magical leaf bug for that jar. Trust me, these bugs are one of a kind." She grinned, and made an odd gesture with her head that might have been a wink behind the soupy dark goggles. The Fae shrank in embarrassment.
4LqCR65.pngFEu08N6.png
Forums
|
|
|
|
rDDk8Bm.png Bw4cyXn.pngjU7eG38.png 8lxCsmk.png
Lair Pack!
|
|
|
|
UEbwahm.pngKCykZYQ.pngUiowYIX.png
Coliseum Team!
Buttons by Resix
@Northwyrm Ahgmara's grin took on a more rapacious gleam. The daub Guardian scratched her chin contemplatively, "One of a kind, hm?", she said, "Then why do you have so many?" She inspected the insects with a disinterested expression, "Semantics aside, these bugs don't look that impressive to me.", the female prodded one with an extended claw, causing the insect to scurry away, "My mantises are a rare sort, difficult to find in number, unparalleled in flavour and are something of a yearly treat around here. Why should I sacrifice something that took me hours to forage for only one of those leaf bugs?" Ahgmara took on a smug look, a hand still sitting on the jar of hissing deadleaf mantises. @Stanzascale All manner of merchant and trader started calling to Eada when she turned away from Ahgmara's stall, beckoning and hissing promises of fine goods. A large Ridgeback male raised his long neck above the crowd and spotted the skydancer, he used his considerable size to push his way through to her. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=14140077] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/141401/14140077_350.png[/img] [/url] Smiling like a rogue, he bowed low and introduced himself, "Hello, there! What in shade's name is such a radiant creature doing in a place like this?" His long-horned face made his grin look all the more jovial. His crystaline hide glinted in the meager light, "Forgive me for seeming forward, but you strike me as the wandering type, yes?"
@Northwyrm

Ahgmara's grin took on a more rapacious gleam. The daub Guardian scratched her chin contemplatively, "One of a kind, hm?", she said, "Then why do you have so many?" She inspected the insects with a disinterested expression, "Semantics aside, these bugs don't look that impressive to me.", the female prodded one with an extended claw, causing the insect to scurry away, "My mantises are a rare sort, difficult to find in number, unparalleled in flavour and are something of a yearly treat around here. Why should I sacrifice something that took me hours to forage for only one of those leaf bugs?" Ahgmara took on a smug look, a hand still sitting on the jar of hissing deadleaf mantises.

@Stanzascale

All manner of merchant and trader started calling to Eada when she turned away from Ahgmara's stall, beckoning and hissing promises of fine goods. A large Ridgeback male raised his long neck above the crowd and spotted the skydancer, he used his considerable size to push his way through to her.

14140077_350.png

Smiling like a rogue, he bowed low and introduced himself, "Hello, there! What in shade's name is such a radiant creature doing in a place like this?" His long-horned face made his grin look all the more jovial. His crystaline hide glinted in the meager light, "Forgive me for seeming forward, but you strike me as the wandering type, yes?"
@Northwyrm @Toyoll

Eada gave the Fae a shrug at his look. It wasn’t exactly seemly to interrupt another’s business without clearly apparent warrant. Although she briefly wondered if the ‘one-of-a-kind’ item was that alternative offer to the clump of leaf-bugs which the Fae had not been willing to fetch from the bags.

The Skydancer was intending to extricate herself of the stalls' hubbub when the Ridgeback appeared.
She raised a brow-ridge. ‘It is the wonder of these places, isn’t it? You get all sorts of characters,’ Eada replied, referring to the general nature of trading posts.
Eada considered his question. ‘I do prefer to travel various parts of the Wood rather than lair in one spot permanently, if that's what you mean, though I have seen something of the Wood’s sister.'

She posed a question in return: ‘and yourself? What sights might your travels bring?'
Who'd ever heard of a Wind dragon who didn't travel? Not that the bandages covering his face made it easy to tell by eye alone. Demeanour and choice of topic made it a fairly safe bet at any rate.
@Northwyrm @Toyoll

Eada gave the Fae a shrug at his look. It wasn’t exactly seemly to interrupt another’s business without clearly apparent warrant. Although she briefly wondered if the ‘one-of-a-kind’ item was that alternative offer to the clump of leaf-bugs which the Fae had not been willing to fetch from the bags.

The Skydancer was intending to extricate herself of the stalls' hubbub when the Ridgeback appeared.
She raised a brow-ridge. ‘It is the wonder of these places, isn’t it? You get all sorts of characters,’ Eada replied, referring to the general nature of trading posts.
Eada considered his question. ‘I do prefer to travel various parts of the Wood rather than lair in one spot permanently, if that's what you mean, though I have seen something of the Wood’s sister.'

She posed a question in return: ‘and yourself? What sights might your travels bring?'
Who'd ever heard of a Wind dragon who didn't travel? Not that the bandages covering his face made it easy to tell by eye alone. Demeanour and choice of topic made it a fairly safe bet at any rate.
thvaFIy.gif merrilyn_stanzascale_100_by_dragonnmr-daepisq.gif Al57MeZ.pngpczVZcg.png5VYqqm9.pngPGOToAl.png CNCiTkT.png 2uXjxgw.png
@Stanzascale @Northwyrm

The Ridgeback beamed, "Ah, you recognize the fellow wanderer! I have traveled far and seen a great many things, but nothing quite captured me like the beauty of the Tangled Wood! You're all rather lucky having been born under the Mother of Shadows! Her subtle artistry is a thing to behold, her secrets an enticing mystery never to be solved! Marvelous! It's why I chose to stay here, you know!", he then blinked, chuckling to himself, "Forgive me, my striped friend! I was so enthralled, that I completely glossed over names! You may call me Zyddir! And what, pray tell, might I call you?"
@Stanzascale @Northwyrm

The Ridgeback beamed, "Ah, you recognize the fellow wanderer! I have traveled far and seen a great many things, but nothing quite captured me like the beauty of the Tangled Wood! You're all rather lucky having been born under the Mother of Shadows! Her subtle artistry is a thing to behold, her secrets an enticing mystery never to be solved! Marvelous! It's why I chose to stay here, you know!", he then blinked, chuckling to himself, "Forgive me, my striped friend! I was so enthralled, that I completely glossed over names! You may call me Zyddir! And what, pray tell, might I call you?"
@Toyoll @Stanzascale
The green Guardian sighed, "if you aren't impressed by leaf bugs..." she fished around in her satchels for something. She produced three gold pieces of treasure. She placed them in the same hand as the leaf-bugs, and the treasure trembled, and then started slowly crawling over her paw. "Penny beetles. Three penny beetles for the mantis jar. Penny beetles are known for their wonderful colouration and fantastic taste. Probably taste far better than the mantids, but I'm willing to let one or two go for that jar. I swear on my heart this won't be an unfair trade." She gave the classic Shadow-Guardian grin.
@Toyoll @Stanzascale
The green Guardian sighed, "if you aren't impressed by leaf bugs..." she fished around in her satchels for something. She produced three gold pieces of treasure. She placed them in the same hand as the leaf-bugs, and the treasure trembled, and then started slowly crawling over her paw. "Penny beetles. Three penny beetles for the mantis jar. Penny beetles are known for their wonderful colouration and fantastic taste. Probably taste far better than the mantids, but I'm willing to let one or two go for that jar. I swear on my heart this won't be an unfair trade." She gave the classic Shadow-Guardian grin.
4LqCR65.pngFEu08N6.png
Forums
|
|
|
|
Lair Pack!
|
|
|
|
Coliseum Team!
Buttons by Resix
@Northwyrm @Stanzscale

Ahgmara raised a brow at the green dragon, "Well, forgive my....trepidation, these are facinating creatures, but I'm not collecting for an exhibit...How can I possibly sell these for the same price as these mantises? Why, I can't even vouch for their taste! Perhaps if I were to sample the merchandise...?" She extended a claw, her eyes glinting red in the low light of the bog.

(OCC: Pardon the short reply!)
@Northwyrm @Stanzscale

Ahgmara raised a brow at the green dragon, "Well, forgive my....trepidation, these are facinating creatures, but I'm not collecting for an exhibit...How can I possibly sell these for the same price as these mantises? Why, I can't even vouch for their taste! Perhaps if I were to sample the merchandise...?" She extended a claw, her eyes glinting red in the low light of the bog.

(OCC: Pardon the short reply!)
@Northwyrm @Toyoll

‘I am called Eada, o Zyddir of glistening spines.’
Likeability is quite a gift, and he also held a joviality that could be dangerously infectious. The Skydancer allowed a smile to grace her face. ‘It takes quite an eye to appreciate the craft of Our Lady.
‘It is also true that it’s impossible to tire of a realm whose twists and tricks you can never truly master.’

Eada nodded her head in the direction of the teahouse, ‘shall we speak somewhere less bustling?' At the very least it would make conversing easier with less to distract in the way of noise and crowd. The venue had been her next planned port of call at any rate.
@Northwyrm @Toyoll

‘I am called Eada, o Zyddir of glistening spines.’
Likeability is quite a gift, and he also held a joviality that could be dangerously infectious. The Skydancer allowed a smile to grace her face. ‘It takes quite an eye to appreciate the craft of Our Lady.
‘It is also true that it’s impossible to tire of a realm whose twists and tricks you can never truly master.’

Eada nodded her head in the direction of the teahouse, ‘shall we speak somewhere less bustling?' At the very least it would make conversing easier with less to distract in the way of noise and crowd. The venue had been her next planned port of call at any rate.
thvaFIy.gif merrilyn_stanzascale_100_by_dragonnmr-daepisq.gif Al57MeZ.pngpczVZcg.png5VYqqm9.pngPGOToAl.png CNCiTkT.png 2uXjxgw.png
@Toyoll @Stanzascale
Hexdagaz quickly pulled her paw away. "Nuh-uh, you have to buy before you try with the Penny Beetles." The fae on her head coughed quietly. She blew a smoke ring thoughtfully. "I could give you a Penny Beetle to try for a heavily discounted price... A Guardian-Sized portion of grubs, perhaps?" She delicately selected one of the golden beetles and held it up for Ahgmara to inspect.
@Toyoll @Stanzascale
Hexdagaz quickly pulled her paw away. "Nuh-uh, you have to buy before you try with the Penny Beetles." The fae on her head coughed quietly. She blew a smoke ring thoughtfully. "I could give you a Penny Beetle to try for a heavily discounted price... A Guardian-Sized portion of grubs, perhaps?" She delicately selected one of the golden beetles and held it up for Ahgmara to inspect.
4LqCR65.pngFEu08N6.png
Forums
|
|
|
|
Lair Pack!
|
|
|
|
Coliseum Team!
Buttons by Resix
@Stanzascale @Northwyrm

"Ah.", he blinked, "Yes, yes of course!" The large dragon only needed to travel a few steps to the teashop before planting his haunches outside the establishment. He snaked his head to the open window, using his horn to push away the curtains. "Oh, Damascus?~", a muffled commotion could be heard inside, followed by quiet cursing. Zyddir chuckled, "Do be a dear an' come take this lovely lady's order for us?" The Ridgeback then settled back in his seat, a smug expression on his face as he pat the ground beside him, inviting Eada to join.

What he didn't notice, however, was a dark, hooded figure silently rose from the ether behind him. Soon the figure loomed over the gregarious Zyddir. "So, Eada--Eeeyauugh!!!" Suddenly the figure lunged and grabbed the Ridgeback by the shoulders, cackling like a banshee. The crystalline dragon lept into the air like a spooked cat, a shrill sound escaped his maw.

The hooded figure revealed herself to be an elderly female Imperial, she continued to snicker at her compatriot. Zyddir, meanwhile, rounded on her, "BLAST IT, TENEBRAE! Stop that, for Shade's sake!"

"Ah, but I couldn't possibly!", she said grinning with crocodillian teeth, "You make it too fun!"

She turned toward the pale Skydancer, "Besides, someone has to keep Shiny-scales here humble. Hello, friend and welcome to Tenebrae's Teas, Tisanes, Tonics & Tinctures!" the old woman handed her a small menu, "I am Tenebrae, if you have any questions, just give a shout, or in his case, a shriek!"

The Imperial female slithered away, leaving Zyddir steaming, his pride damaged. He quickly regained his composure, "Yes...well Tenebrae sure is a...delight" he said with a joyless smile, "So, have you had many teas? The old bat's a menace, but she knows her stuff."
@Stanzascale @Northwyrm

"Ah.", he blinked, "Yes, yes of course!" The large dragon only needed to travel a few steps to the teashop before planting his haunches outside the establishment. He snaked his head to the open window, using his horn to push away the curtains. "Oh, Damascus?~", a muffled commotion could be heard inside, followed by quiet cursing. Zyddir chuckled, "Do be a dear an' come take this lovely lady's order for us?" The Ridgeback then settled back in his seat, a smug expression on his face as he pat the ground beside him, inviting Eada to join.

What he didn't notice, however, was a dark, hooded figure silently rose from the ether behind him. Soon the figure loomed over the gregarious Zyddir. "So, Eada--Eeeyauugh!!!" Suddenly the figure lunged and grabbed the Ridgeback by the shoulders, cackling like a banshee. The crystalline dragon lept into the air like a spooked cat, a shrill sound escaped his maw.

The hooded figure revealed herself to be an elderly female Imperial, she continued to snicker at her compatriot. Zyddir, meanwhile, rounded on her, "BLAST IT, TENEBRAE! Stop that, for Shade's sake!"

"Ah, but I couldn't possibly!", she said grinning with crocodillian teeth, "You make it too fun!"

She turned toward the pale Skydancer, "Besides, someone has to keep Shiny-scales here humble. Hello, friend and welcome to Tenebrae's Teas, Tisanes, Tonics & Tinctures!" the old woman handed her a small menu, "I am Tenebrae, if you have any questions, just give a shout, or in his case, a shriek!"

The Imperial female slithered away, leaving Zyddir steaming, his pride damaged. He quickly regained his composure, "Yes...well Tenebrae sure is a...delight" he said with a joyless smile, "So, have you had many teas? The old bat's a menace, but she knows her stuff."
@Northwyrm

Ahgmara recoiled, like a snake, and all traces of her smile had evaporated. She hooded her blooded eyes, this was no longer pleasure, but business. An art that she was learning to master from the very mentor who sat across the lane, sipping tea and watching intently. Rhizanthel hadn't missed a word of the exchange.

The game was on, then.

"I'll give you ten grubs for the beetle. They're rather plump, after all."
@Northwyrm

Ahgmara recoiled, like a snake, and all traces of her smile had evaporated. She hooded her blooded eyes, this was no longer pleasure, but business. An art that she was learning to master from the very mentor who sat across the lane, sipping tea and watching intently. Rhizanthel hadn't missed a word of the exchange.

The game was on, then.

"I'll give you ten grubs for the beetle. They're rather plump, after all."
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 16 17