Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Come! Sit a Spell... {open to all!}
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 16 17
@ShoggyDancer

"HM?! Oh, yes, yes, just don't pull out any o' th' bottom ones, 'else the whole pile'd collapse and you'll have to put it all back. Now where in the shade is that rope?!" The night-coloured snapper continued on his quest, kicking up dust and stones in his search.
@ShoggyDancer

"HM?! Oh, yes, yes, just don't pull out any o' th' bottom ones, 'else the whole pile'd collapse and you'll have to put it all back. Now where in the shade is that rope?!" The night-coloured snapper continued on his quest, kicking up dust and stones in his search.
@Toyoll

Outlook promptly seized the orb and lifted it to his snout. His nose wiggled as he sniffed, slowly turning the orb in his hands. There was copper...and copper...and copper...

He chirped happily. It was pure! His heart swelled with relief. After meeting the apparent monarch of the clan, he had worried he was going to be swindled, but such wasn't the case. Did Max know about this place? If the wires were anything as good as the copper, the drake would be thrilled. He made a note to tell his friend when he got home.

But how was the ore cut? There were no chips or scratches that could be visibly detected. It had to be some sort of magic.

Torvus trundled back into view, a thick rope dangling from his mouth. Outlook held up the orb. "How cut?"
@Toyoll

Outlook promptly seized the orb and lifted it to his snout. His nose wiggled as he sniffed, slowly turning the orb in his hands. There was copper...and copper...and copper...

He chirped happily. It was pure! His heart swelled with relief. After meeting the apparent monarch of the clan, he had worried he was going to be swindled, but such wasn't the case. Did Max know about this place? If the wires were anything as good as the copper, the drake would be thrilled. He made a note to tell his friend when he got home.

But how was the ore cut? There were no chips or scratches that could be visibly detected. It had to be some sort of magic.

Torvus trundled back into view, a thick rope dangling from his mouth. Outlook held up the orb. "How cut?"
@ShoggyDancer

Torvus' brow knit in confusion for a moment, he dropped the rope, "Well it was cut inta orbs?....AH! Soot an' smoke, ya mean how was it cut, I see." the large Snapper turned to the Fae with a wry smile, "Why, that there's th' result of good ol' fashioned love o' th' craft, sir! I ain't no fancy Earth dragon who uses magic an' that tripe." He pointed a stout paw at the piles. "That there's carved by hand! Or, tooth, as it were!"

The old prospector then waddled up to a pile of unrefined ore and snuffled about the rocks before finding the most suitable bit of raw mineral and scooped it up into his mouth. He chewed and gnawed and rolled the rock in his maw before spitting out a rough-hewn sphere. Torvus grunted, "Well, ya get th' idea. Usually takes me longer than that t'make one proper.
@ShoggyDancer

Torvus' brow knit in confusion for a moment, he dropped the rope, "Well it was cut inta orbs?....AH! Soot an' smoke, ya mean how was it cut, I see." the large Snapper turned to the Fae with a wry smile, "Why, that there's th' result of good ol' fashioned love o' th' craft, sir! I ain't no fancy Earth dragon who uses magic an' that tripe." He pointed a stout paw at the piles. "That there's carved by hand! Or, tooth, as it were!"

The old prospector then waddled up to a pile of unrefined ore and snuffled about the rocks before finding the most suitable bit of raw mineral and scooped it up into his mouth. He chewed and gnawed and rolled the rock in his maw before spitting out a rough-hewn sphere. Torvus grunted, "Well, ya get th' idea. Usually takes me longer than that t'make one proper.
@ShoggyDancer @Toyoll (OOC: Don't mind me; seems to be a visitor coming through!) [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=10653120] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/106532/10653120_350.png[/img] [/url] Zinnia hurriedly adjusted the straps of a huge worn leather sack, moving it from her back to her chest. She rummaged in what was [i]meant to be[/i] a near empty sack, looking for her map. Empty packets of her favourite dried shrimp and some half finished crossword puzzles defeated her efforts. She knew her boss would not be pleased with her delays, and she could understand. How hard could it be to obtain some deep level soil samples of the Driftwood Drag? [i]Of course[/i], she reflected,[i] it's not Lily's fault I had to come here. I chose to research it. She just signed off on it. By the Gladekeeper, I wish it weren't so chilly. I'll certainly need a vacation when all this is said and done. Maybe I'll -[/i] Her ruminations ended abruptly with a fall. The awkwardly placed bag and her own distracting bemoaning led to her rolling, head over tail, into a quarry. [i]Thank god I left my jewels at home[/i], she thought. It was then she spied the Fae and the Snapper. She threw herself to her feet with as much grace as her descent, holding her head up and surreptitiously fixing her feathers. "Hello." she said, "I'm looking to take a soil sample. And, well, this seems as nice a place as any for it. May I?"
@ShoggyDancer @Toyoll

(OOC: Don't mind me; seems to be a visitor coming through!)

10653120_350.png

Zinnia hurriedly adjusted the straps of a huge worn leather sack, moving it from her back to her chest. She rummaged in what was meant to be a near empty sack, looking for her map. Empty packets of her favourite dried shrimp and some half finished crossword puzzles defeated her efforts. She knew her boss would not be pleased with her delays, and she could understand. How hard could it be to obtain some deep level soil samples of the Driftwood Drag?

Of course, she reflected, it's not Lily's fault I had to come here. I chose to research it. She just signed off on it. By the Gladekeeper, I wish it weren't so chilly. I'll certainly need a vacation when all this is said and done. Maybe I'll -

Her ruminations ended abruptly with a fall. The awkwardly placed bag and her own distracting bemoaning led to her rolling, head over tail, into a quarry.

Thank god I left my jewels at home, she thought.

It was then she spied the Fae and the Snapper. She threw herself to her feet with as much grace as her descent, holding her head up and surreptitiously fixing her feathers.

"Hello." she said, "I'm looking to take a soil sample. And, well, this seems as nice a place as any for it. May I?"
They/them pronouns.

LF specific dream dragons
@Toyoll @MulderItsMe

Outlook stared at the sphere in the Snapper's hand. These were done by tooth?! Amazing! Normally he'd have to as Ryliea or Jaden for help, but the old fellow could do it all himself!

Outlook cursed his tiny jaws. What he'd give to be a Snapper...

There was a sudden commotion at the edge of the quarry. He jumped into the air in surprise and hovered nervously over his purchase. He wasn't one to grab and run, but he couldn't return home empty-pawed. He'd come back and pay, obviously, but he wasn't going to stick around if it was something dangerous.

It was not. A red Coatl studded in peridot jewelry tumbled into the quarry. She laid on her back a moment, stunned, then jumped to her feet.

She asked for a soil sample. He turned to Torvus, flicking his frills in a questioning manner. Was he going to have to wait? Or could he just pay and go? He'd been gone an awfully long time. If he didn't head home soon, someone was bound to come looking for him.
@Toyoll @MulderItsMe

Outlook stared at the sphere in the Snapper's hand. These were done by tooth?! Amazing! Normally he'd have to as Ryliea or Jaden for help, but the old fellow could do it all himself!

Outlook cursed his tiny jaws. What he'd give to be a Snapper...

There was a sudden commotion at the edge of the quarry. He jumped into the air in surprise and hovered nervously over his purchase. He wasn't one to grab and run, but he couldn't return home empty-pawed. He'd come back and pay, obviously, but he wasn't going to stick around if it was something dangerous.

It was not. A red Coatl studded in peridot jewelry tumbled into the quarry. She laid on her back a moment, stunned, then jumped to her feet.

She asked for a soil sample. He turned to Torvus, flicking his frills in a questioning manner. Was he going to have to wait? Or could he just pay and go? He'd been gone an awfully long time. If he didn't head home soon, someone was bound to come looking for him.
@ShoggyDancer @MulderItsMe

Torvus barked indignantly, "OI! WATCH WHERE YA FALLIN'!" He moved as quickly as his stubby legs would allow to clean up the Coatl's mess. "This is organized, y'know!" He used his tail to scoop the minerals back into their respective piles.

He turned to the flustered female with a frown, "And no! I can't just give you anythin' outta this quarry! I gotta eat, yknow. An' what in the name of the Night Mother d'ya want a sample anyhow?"

Torvus barked indignantly, "OI! WATCH WHERE YA FALLIN'!" He moved as quickly as his stubby legs would allow to clean up the Coatl's mess. "This is organized, y'know!" He used his tail to scoop the minerals back into their respective piles.

He turned to the flustered female with a frown, "And no! I can't just give you anythin' outta this quarry! I gotta eat, yknow. An' what in the name of the Night Mother d'ya want a sample anyhow?"

@ShoggyDancer @Toyoll

Zinnia eyed the piles skeptically, but but her tongue. There was no need to start a fight in a strange land with a strange Snapper. She adjusted her bag back to her back and held her head up.

"I come from a prestigious university. I'm the geology professor, and my students have caught the wanderlust. So I told them I'd gather samples from as many regions as I could so we could study them. We're right across the water, in the Gladeveins."

She wondered if he would be swayed to generosity for the love of education.
@ShoggyDancer @Toyoll

Zinnia eyed the piles skeptically, but but her tongue. There was no need to start a fight in a strange land with a strange Snapper. She adjusted her bag back to her back and held her head up.

"I come from a prestigious university. I'm the geology professor, and my students have caught the wanderlust. So I told them I'd gather samples from as many regions as I could so we could study them. We're right across the water, in the Gladeveins."

She wondered if he would be swayed to generosity for the love of education.
They/them pronouns.

LF specific dream dragons
@MulderItsMe @Toyoll

Outlook raised an unimpressed frill. One did not ask a miner for a chunk of his own mine for free. He remembered the last time he had visitors in his mine. A Ridgeback upstart had tried to claim it as his own. He had learned very quickly that taking a drill up the nose wasn't a good feeling.

It was probably best he leave. He cleared his throat. Both the Snapper and the Coatl looked down at him.

"'M payin' yes? Need to go. Clan wants."
@MulderItsMe @Toyoll

Outlook raised an unimpressed frill. One did not ask a miner for a chunk of his own mine for free. He remembered the last time he had visitors in his mine. A Ridgeback upstart had tried to claim it as his own. He had learned very quickly that taking a drill up the nose wasn't a good feeling.

It was probably best he leave. He cleared his throat. Both the Snapper and the Coatl looked down at him.

"'M payin' yes? Need to go. Clan wants."

Torvus turned back to Outlook with an apologetic smile"Ah, yes, sorry sir! Here..." He grabbed his basket and threw the allotted number of ore chunks and wrapping it up in rope, his stubby, gembonded fingers made it a difficult feat. He swore loudly with every fumble.

The midnight Snapper brought the neatly bundled bag of rocks to the Fae, "16 ore, as per yer order, sir Fae! An' yer receipt, a' course!" The cost trended on the expensive side, but otherwise fair. He nodded in the direction of his shack, "Kindly drop yer payment inta th'lockbox. We hope you'll do business with us again, an' give m'regards to yer clan, they got excellent taste." Torvus gave Outlook the kindliest grin he could muster.

The genial expression dissolved instantly when he turned back to the Coatl and he spoke in a gruff, exasperated tone, "As fer you, missy, I don't deal in charities. Either come back with coin, or go talk to th'Boss back at the tradin' post an' talk to her 'bout handouts."

"I can take them both back." said Dauhir from his silent post at the edge of the quarry. Torvus nearly jumped out of his scales and swore yet again, having forgotten the Nocturne was even there.

"Gravel and Grit, boy!! Don't be lurkin' 'round like that!", the Snapper turned to the two dragons, "Ya heard the man, he'll guide ya back."

Torvus turned back to Outlook with an apologetic smile"Ah, yes, sorry sir! Here..." He grabbed his basket and threw the allotted number of ore chunks and wrapping it up in rope, his stubby, gembonded fingers made it a difficult feat. He swore loudly with every fumble.

The midnight Snapper brought the neatly bundled bag of rocks to the Fae, "16 ore, as per yer order, sir Fae! An' yer receipt, a' course!" The cost trended on the expensive side, but otherwise fair. He nodded in the direction of his shack, "Kindly drop yer payment inta th'lockbox. We hope you'll do business with us again, an' give m'regards to yer clan, they got excellent taste." Torvus gave Outlook the kindliest grin he could muster.

The genial expression dissolved instantly when he turned back to the Coatl and he spoke in a gruff, exasperated tone, "As fer you, missy, I don't deal in charities. Either come back with coin, or go talk to th'Boss back at the tradin' post an' talk to her 'bout handouts."

"I can take them both back." said Dauhir from his silent post at the edge of the quarry. Torvus nearly jumped out of his scales and swore yet again, having forgotten the Nocturne was even there.

"Gravel and Grit, boy!! Don't be lurkin' 'round like that!", the Snapper turned to the two dragons, "Ya heard the man, he'll guide ya back."
@Toyoll @MulderItsMe

Outlook beamed unabashedly at the praise. It was a rare thing for him to come by. That was a rather annoying fact of his life; no matter what he did, no one seemed to care all that much.

He fluttered over to the lockbox, opened the satchel he stored in his vest, counted out the necessary amount (a bit expensive, but then again, this was high-quality stuff), and flew back over to the Nocturne. He waited expectantly for the Coatl to join their group.
@Toyoll @MulderItsMe

Outlook beamed unabashedly at the praise. It was a rare thing for him to come by. That was a rather annoying fact of his life; no matter what he did, no one seemed to care all that much.

He fluttered over to the lockbox, opened the satchel he stored in his vest, counted out the necessary amount (a bit expensive, but then again, this was high-quality stuff), and flew back over to the Nocturne. He waited expectantly for the Coatl to join their group.
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 16 17