Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Come! Sit a Spell... {open to all!}
1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
@Yalto @Sasutin

((My sincerest apologies for the delay! Work has been overwhelming and looming deadlines are not creatures to be trifled with!))

Eventually, the busy Imperial female came sauntering back to her two new guests, she held two small menus under her arm. "Hello and welcome, stangers! Please, come this way."

The dark female crept between the tables, her long body sometimes arching comically as she avoided knocking over her smaller guests. Despite this, the large drakka almost bumped into a party of brightly coloured Fae. The prismatic group were busy throwing back cup after cup of a tea that heavily smelled of rosewater, one was even guzzling down the drink directly from the teapot. Tenebrae practically winced, tea is meant to be savoured, after all.

She forged onward, finally stopping at a little table in the middle of the room. It was small for such a large dragon as Tenebrae, but fairly spacious for the two smaller patrons. The Imperial placed the menus on the table and flashed the Spiral and her companion a smile, "I'll leave you two to consider our many teas and scrumptious foods." And with that, she bowed deeply and departed again, careful to avoid the Fae's table.
@Yalto @Sasutin

((My sincerest apologies for the delay! Work has been overwhelming and looming deadlines are not creatures to be trifled with!))

Eventually, the busy Imperial female came sauntering back to her two new guests, she held two small menus under her arm. "Hello and welcome, stangers! Please, come this way."

The dark female crept between the tables, her long body sometimes arching comically as she avoided knocking over her smaller guests. Despite this, the large drakka almost bumped into a party of brightly coloured Fae. The prismatic group were busy throwing back cup after cup of a tea that heavily smelled of rosewater, one was even guzzling down the drink directly from the teapot. Tenebrae practically winced, tea is meant to be savoured, after all.

She forged onward, finally stopping at a little table in the middle of the room. It was small for such a large dragon as Tenebrae, but fairly spacious for the two smaller patrons. The Imperial placed the menus on the table and flashed the Spiral and her companion a smile, "I'll leave you two to consider our many teas and scrumptious foods." And with that, she bowed deeply and departed again, careful to avoid the Fae's table.
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=15731463] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/157315/15731463_350.png[/img] [/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=15632366] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/156324/15632366_350.png[/img] [/url] "Foudre, are you sure this is the right place? It doesn't look--" "Sh, I'm positive! Vapyra said that only the best of things are sold here." "Vapyra isn't always right you know.." A male Imperial dragon and Female Pearlcatcher idly chattered as they trotted along, the hooded Pearlcatcher known as Foudre walking alongside her companion, tightly holding her pearl between her forelegs as she walked on her hind feet. The Imperial dragon simply shook his head slightly, releasing a soft sigh, "I just worry one day he'll get us killed." "Oh come on, Helado, everything will be fine, plus you know the Pearlcatcher saying, if trouble brews, don't fight, take flight." The female dragon gave a curt nod, giving a smile. "That isn't a Pearlcatcher saying, Foudre, you came up with that yesterday." He grunted out as he lead the way into the trading post, what Helado assumed was the main shop. Foudre simply huffed out and followed closely behind, tail moving side to side. "You're such a ice cold hearted Imperial." "Whatever you say, Foudre." He offered a weak laugh, wapping the tip his tall against her snout, making her give a small sneeze. "Now come on, let's see what this place has, since you were so intent on visiting." "Oh stop it Helado, it's like you're finding ever excuse to make fun of me.' She pouted, her ears tilting down before she turned her gaze to the items here. "I wonder if they have anything to match my hood...." Helado rolled his eyes from under his bird skull mask. @toyoll

15731463_350.png

15632366_350.png

"Foudre, are you sure this is the right place? It doesn't look--"
"Sh, I'm positive! Vapyra said that only the best of things are sold here."
"Vapyra isn't always right you know.."
A male Imperial dragon and Female Pearlcatcher idly chattered as they trotted along, the hooded Pearlcatcher known as Foudre walking alongside her companion, tightly holding her pearl between her forelegs as she walked on her hind feet. The Imperial dragon simply shook his head slightly, releasing a soft sigh, "I just worry one day he'll get us killed."
"Oh come on, Helado, everything will be fine, plus you know the Pearlcatcher saying, if trouble brews, don't fight, take flight." The female dragon gave a curt nod, giving a smile.
"That isn't a Pearlcatcher saying, Foudre, you came up with that yesterday." He grunted out as he lead the way into the trading post, what Helado assumed was the main shop.

Foudre simply huffed out and followed closely behind, tail moving side to side. "You're such a ice cold hearted Imperial."
"Whatever you say, Foudre." He offered a weak laugh, wapping the tip his tall against her snout, making her give a small sneeze. "Now come on, let's see what this place has, since you were so intent on visiting."
"Oh stop it Helado, it's like you're finding ever excuse to make fun of me.' She pouted, her ears tilting down before she turned her gaze to the items here. "I wonder if they have anything to match my hood...."
Helado rolled his eyes from under his bird skull mask.

@toyoll
MUYNhfy.png
fr_plaguebanner_profile_by_seepranne-d6ghmos.gif
Festering Wounds and Decaying Flesh
@Toyoll

((Ah, it's fine. I've been busy with a few other threads and school so, I haven't actua;;y been around much.))

Ivakleh was very nearly entranced by the treasures that lay on either side of him, the beautiful old Guardian didn't exactly help. The young Spiral had to admit to being lost in his own mind for quite a few seconds before it finally registered that he should probably answer.

"Ah! Hello! Terribly sorry to just barge in. Your wares are incredible and, did I have the spare treasure I would gladly invest in a few trinkets..." Knowing him, he would probably buy a few trinkets, anyway. Eternal had taken to giving him extra treasure on his tea runs, after all.

"As it stands however... I am simply looking for infusable leaves and berries. You see, I hail from the Wastelands. I'm clean,I swear! But, my matriarch does not... It's bad show to poison your own matriarch, you know." And didn't he know it. They had all looked theother way but, there was no denying the questionable start of Eternal's reign.
@Toyoll

((Ah, it's fine. I've been busy with a few other threads and school so, I haven't actua;;y been around much.))

Ivakleh was very nearly entranced by the treasures that lay on either side of him, the beautiful old Guardian didn't exactly help. The young Spiral had to admit to being lost in his own mind for quite a few seconds before it finally registered that he should probably answer.

"Ah! Hello! Terribly sorry to just barge in. Your wares are incredible and, did I have the spare treasure I would gladly invest in a few trinkets..." Knowing him, he would probably buy a few trinkets, anyway. Eternal had taken to giving him extra treasure on his tea runs, after all.

"As it stands however... I am simply looking for infusable leaves and berries. You see, I hail from the Wastelands. I'm clean,I swear! But, my matriarch does not... It's bad show to poison your own matriarch, you know." And didn't he know it. They had all looked theother way but, there was no denying the questionable start of Eternal's reign.
Come to the Dark Marvels Hatchery!
~Forever a Shadow upon the Plague~
Shadow_zps206beb20.jpg
@Toyoll

The price was a bit high. Her tail twitched nervously, mentally trying to calculate if she could afford it and make it home with a few extra coins. She knew Simon would never let her do the supplies runs ever again if she came back with an empty purse.

So when talk of slashing the price a bit came up, Morgana beamed. "Oh, thank you! That's be wonderful!"

She carefully untied the pouch by her wing. "How much is it again?"
@Toyoll

The price was a bit high. Her tail twitched nervously, mentally trying to calculate if she could afford it and make it home with a few extra coins. She knew Simon would never let her do the supplies runs ever again if she came back with an empty purse.

So when talk of slashing the price a bit came up, Morgana beamed. "Oh, thank you! That's be wonderful!"

She carefully untied the pouch by her wing. "How much is it again?"
gqS46t9.png
(( @Yalto @Toyoll Just take your time, because it seems that I do too. :'D ))

Nidalee just smiled at Luck's modesty. Well, she agreed with Luck. The teahouse sold what it sold, regardless of whether Nidalee came here with the Snapper or not. It really didn't have anything to do with luck.

The Spiral might have reassessed his new acquaintance's good fortune if she'd seen the Skydancer, and where their money ended up. However, at the same time a large Guardian passed by them and somehow managed to knock Nidalee's hat askew with the tip of his wing, so Nidalee hardly paid attention to Luck and his satchel. The Guardian apologized profusely, though.
"It's okay, it's okay," Nidalee mumbled and smiled and just hoped he'd get going before any more of the customers started looking this way. She sighed once she'd finally convinced the Guardian that everything was fine.
"This place seems really popular. If I was any smaller, I'd be concerned about getting trampled here," Nidalee remarked at Luck.

Finally, the Imperial approached them again. Nidalee nodded at her before following her towards their table. She couldn't help raising her eyebrows at the Faes that practically looked like they'd soon jump into the teapot for a swim, so enthusiastically they downed their tea. Nidalee was glad her and Luck's table wasn't right next to them.

Once they reached their table, the Imperial gave them menus, bowed, and then she was gone again. Nidalee took off her hat and put it next to her on the floor, trying to place it so that somebody wouldn't walk over it. There were so many dragons here that most likely nobody would pay extra attention to Nidalee, hat or no hat, and she did like being able to really see around her every now and then. The lights here weren't too bright either, of which she was thankful.
"So, let's see what they have to offer," Nidalee said as she picked up one of the menus.
(( @Yalto @Toyoll Just take your time, because it seems that I do too. :'D ))

Nidalee just smiled at Luck's modesty. Well, she agreed with Luck. The teahouse sold what it sold, regardless of whether Nidalee came here with the Snapper or not. It really didn't have anything to do with luck.

The Spiral might have reassessed his new acquaintance's good fortune if she'd seen the Skydancer, and where their money ended up. However, at the same time a large Guardian passed by them and somehow managed to knock Nidalee's hat askew with the tip of his wing, so Nidalee hardly paid attention to Luck and his satchel. The Guardian apologized profusely, though.
"It's okay, it's okay," Nidalee mumbled and smiled and just hoped he'd get going before any more of the customers started looking this way. She sighed once she'd finally convinced the Guardian that everything was fine.
"This place seems really popular. If I was any smaller, I'd be concerned about getting trampled here," Nidalee remarked at Luck.

Finally, the Imperial approached them again. Nidalee nodded at her before following her towards their table. She couldn't help raising her eyebrows at the Faes that practically looked like they'd soon jump into the teapot for a swim, so enthusiastically they downed their tea. Nidalee was glad her and Luck's table wasn't right next to them.

Once they reached their table, the Imperial gave them menus, bowed, and then she was gone again. Nidalee took off her hat and put it next to her on the floor, trying to place it so that somebody wouldn't walk over it. There were so many dragons here that most likely nobody would pay extra attention to Nidalee, hat or no hat, and she did like being able to really see around her every now and then. The lights here weren't too bright either, of which she was thankful.
"So, let's see what they have to offer," Nidalee said as she picked up one of the menus.
@Toyoll

Eada frowned a little as Tenebrae left to deal with the ‘rabble’. That definitely was going to be a difficulty. Thankfully, it did not seem like anything truly serious was likely to occur.

The Skydancer chuckled at Zyddir’s question, ‘I admit I quite like the middle way: helping the right contacts get in touch with one another.’
Continuing with her food, Eada’s expression shifted to become a touch more concerned. ‘He doesn’t challenge himself enough, experience enough. I’d like to encourage him to push the boundaries, how else can he continue to learn?’
@Toyoll

Eada frowned a little as Tenebrae left to deal with the ‘rabble’. That definitely was going to be a difficulty. Thankfully, it did not seem like anything truly serious was likely to occur.

The Skydancer chuckled at Zyddir’s question, ‘I admit I quite like the middle way: helping the right contacts get in touch with one another.’
Continuing with her food, Eada’s expression shifted to become a touch more concerned. ‘He doesn’t challenge himself enough, experience enough. I’d like to encourage him to push the boundaries, how else can he continue to learn?’
thvaFIy.gif merrilyn_stanzascale_100_by_dragonnmr-daepisq.gif Al57MeZ.pngpczVZcg.png5VYqqm9.pngPGOToAl.png CNCiTkT.png 2uXjxgw.png
@Toyoll @Sasutin

“Perhaps,” Luck said, thinking of his clan’s diminutive but agile scouts. “But if you were smaller, you’d be faster too.”

Cluttered by pushed out chairs, coming and going and drinking dragons, the tearoom was not well-suited to a Snapper’ hefty build. Luck admired the Imperial’s ginger but adept navigation of her domain and followed at a sedate pace, minding his feet. Though his sturdy trunks served him well, there were times it would’ve been useful to have a nimbler, more dexterous claw. He was an ardent admirer of Audhild’s long-limbed, liquid grace.

They passed the table of Faes sloshing down their tea like one of Fiach’s special brews. Manners, his inner voice chided, in a formidable impression of his beloved mate. If any of the Fae were of Audhild’s brood, she’d be threatening to pluck their pinfeathers. Or crests, as the case may be.

Still, the tea must be superb to evoke that type of response. Luck eased into his seat, studied Mirage’s face for a few moments as it came into full view for the first time before nudging open his menu eagerly and planting a nail on the page at random. “This one,” he declared, squinting to read the text. “…Perfect for relieving the aches and pains of the weary traveller! And the leaves to take away,” he concluded in a satisfied manner, without stopping to consider that this might not be an option.

Had his eyes drifted a little further to the right, he might have been reminded by the prices as to the matter of payment... “Ready to order, Mirage? Does it look like they have your herbs?”
@Toyoll @Sasutin

“Perhaps,” Luck said, thinking of his clan’s diminutive but agile scouts. “But if you were smaller, you’d be faster too.”

Cluttered by pushed out chairs, coming and going and drinking dragons, the tearoom was not well-suited to a Snapper’ hefty build. Luck admired the Imperial’s ginger but adept navigation of her domain and followed at a sedate pace, minding his feet. Though his sturdy trunks served him well, there were times it would’ve been useful to have a nimbler, more dexterous claw. He was an ardent admirer of Audhild’s long-limbed, liquid grace.

They passed the table of Faes sloshing down their tea like one of Fiach’s special brews. Manners, his inner voice chided, in a formidable impression of his beloved mate. If any of the Fae were of Audhild’s brood, she’d be threatening to pluck their pinfeathers. Or crests, as the case may be.

Still, the tea must be superb to evoke that type of response. Luck eased into his seat, studied Mirage’s face for a few moments as it came into full view for the first time before nudging open his menu eagerly and planting a nail on the page at random. “This one,” he declared, squinting to read the text. “…Perfect for relieving the aches and pains of the weary traveller! And the leaves to take away,” he concluded in a satisfied manner, without stopping to consider that this might not be an option.

Had his eyes drifted a little further to the right, he might have been reminded by the prices as to the matter of payment... “Ready to order, Mirage? Does it look like they have your herbs?”
@Yalto @Toyoll

"True," Nidalee admitted. Well, all in all she was quite content with her size. There were some advantages to not being noticed by bigger dragons, but she could still travel reasonable distances, unlike Faes. Having a sinuous, lithe body wasn't bad either. It had served Nidalee well when she had needed to get out of tight spots - both literal and figurative. Moving between the tables seemed to be easier for her, too, than it was for Luck.

After putting her hat down, Nidalee just grinned at Luck as the Snapper looked at her. Nidalee's face had been mostly hidden until now, so she reckoned that his staring was justified. After that, Luck didn't waste much time going through the list. Nidalee studied it a bit more closely. The list seemed to cover the basic herbs she needed, and the teas sure sounded good. It didn't take her long to pick what she wanted.
"Yes, I think I'm ready. The list has almost everything I was looking for, and I'm sure I can find the rest of what I need from some other shop."
Or perhaps even here, but she wasn't sure they were the kind of things the Imperial from before would just... carry to their table. Things that could be refined into a potent poison, for example. Nidalee of course wasn't intending to brew any poisons... unless the need arose. She wasn't expecting that kind of thing happen, no, but she knew other uses for the herbs and other ingredients. Some dragons just tended to be quite suspicious about that sort of business.

"So, I guess we should try to get somebody's attention so we could order," Nidalee said and tried to see where the Imperial that brought them to the table was at the moment.
@Yalto @Toyoll

"True," Nidalee admitted. Well, all in all she was quite content with her size. There were some advantages to not being noticed by bigger dragons, but she could still travel reasonable distances, unlike Faes. Having a sinuous, lithe body wasn't bad either. It had served Nidalee well when she had needed to get out of tight spots - both literal and figurative. Moving between the tables seemed to be easier for her, too, than it was for Luck.

After putting her hat down, Nidalee just grinned at Luck as the Snapper looked at her. Nidalee's face had been mostly hidden until now, so she reckoned that his staring was justified. After that, Luck didn't waste much time going through the list. Nidalee studied it a bit more closely. The list seemed to cover the basic herbs she needed, and the teas sure sounded good. It didn't take her long to pick what she wanted.
"Yes, I think I'm ready. The list has almost everything I was looking for, and I'm sure I can find the rest of what I need from some other shop."
Or perhaps even here, but she wasn't sure they were the kind of things the Imperial from before would just... carry to their table. Things that could be refined into a potent poison, for example. Nidalee of course wasn't intending to brew any poisons... unless the need arose. She wasn't expecting that kind of thing happen, no, but she knew other uses for the herbs and other ingredients. Some dragons just tended to be quite suspicious about that sort of business.

"So, I guess we should try to get somebody's attention so we could order," Nidalee said and tried to see where the Imperial that brought them to the table was at the moment.
1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17