Back

Raffles & Giveaways

Share your raffles and giveaways with the Flight Rising community.
TOPIC | Talos G2 Lore Contest [CLOSED]
1 2 3
[Rule] [center][size=7][b]G2 TALOS LORE CONTEST [/b][/size] [Rule] The Talos Coalition, the owners of the g2 glitched imperial [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/17056140] Talos [/url] present the second iteration of a lore contest for his children! This contest is for his children Enora, Aliza, and Chlothar! [quote] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/75341097][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/753411/75341097_350.png[/img][/url] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/75341098][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/753411/75341098_350.png[/img][/url] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/75341099][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/753411/75341099_350.png[/img][/url] [/quote] [rule] [center][size=7][b]Who is Talos [/b][/size] [rule] Talos, at first glance, appears to be a scrolled G2 Imperial. However, the true story is that he was born an Imperial. One of his parents, Firuxe was a scrolled G1 Imperial during breeding when Talos was born. Due to a scroll that was a relic from the imperial scroll duping scandal in 2015 being used, while it was bought with gems, Firuxe was reverted to the breed they were before the changes (seen in his [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/8345371]bio [/url].) For this reason, Talos is a G2 Imperial but, by technicality, shouldn't actually exist. While not a glitch himself, he is considered a glitch lineage due to the nature of him being a G2 Imperial. Talos is the firstborn of the nest before his father was reverted back to their original breed. Firuxe was later sold by this retired user, now out not one, but two g1 imperials by this point, as their original imperial was locked behind a now locked account. In March of 2021, The Talos coalition formed to buy Talos from his previous owner with a final payment of 220kg. The coalition wishes to introduce a new lineage to collectors and fans of imperials alike. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/17056140][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/170562/17056140_350.png[/img][/url] [rule] [center][size=5][b]Rules [/b][/size] [rule] [LIST=1] [*][b]You cannot outright buy these three dragons. [s] [*] Contest ends March 12th, 2022 @ FR Rollover unless stated otherwise. [*] There's no entering fee, all you need to enter is to write a piece of lore of minimally 150 words. Scries/Outfit plans are nice, but We will be looking only at lore for deciding who wins. Please post all entries in thread. [*] If you use a Google Doc for your lore, post a little preview paragraph in the thread! [*] If you have a Talos Descendant, you [b] can [/b] enter this lore contest. [/LIST] [rule] [center][size=5][b] Judging [/b][/size][center] [LIST] [*] The Talos Coalition will decide together on judging the pieces [*] we will be judging based on the quality of the piece of writing and how engaging the story is. Effort will also be factored in. [*] Grammatical mistakes and spelling errors [b] will not [/b] be factored in unless it hampers the piece as a whole. [*] Minimum of 150 words must be met for consideration. [/LIST] [rule] [center][size=5][b] Template [/b][/size] [rule] [quote=] [b]Username:[/b] [b] Dragon you are entering for: [/b] [b] Entry: [/b]

G2 TALOS LORE CONTEST
The Talos Coalition, the owners of the g2 glitched imperial Talos present the second iteration of a lore contest for his children! This contest is for his children Enora, Aliza, and Chlothar!
Quote:
75341097_350.png

75341098_350.png

75341099_350.png

Who is Talos
Talos, at first glance, appears to be a scrolled G2 Imperial. However, the true story is that he was born an Imperial. One of his parents, Firuxe was a scrolled G1 Imperial during breeding when Talos was born.
Due to a scroll that was a relic from the imperial scroll duping scandal in 2015 being used, while it was bought with gems, Firuxe was reverted to the breed they were before the changes (seen in his bio .)
For this reason, Talos is a G2 Imperial but, by technicality, shouldn't actually exist. While not a glitch himself, he is considered a glitch lineage due to the nature of him being a G2 Imperial. Talos is the firstborn of the nest before his father was reverted back to their original breed.
Firuxe was later sold by this retired user, now out not one, but two g1 imperials by this point, as their original imperial was locked behind a now locked account.
In March of 2021, The Talos coalition formed to buy Talos from his previous owner with a final payment of 220kg. The coalition wishes to introduce a new lineage to collectors and fans of imperials alike.
17056140_350.png
Rules
  1. You cannot outright buy these three dragons.
  2. Contest ends March 12th, 2022 @ FR Rollover unless stated otherwise.
  3. There's no entering fee, all you need to enter is to write a piece of lore of minimally 150 words. Scries/Outfit plans are nice, but We will be looking only at lore for deciding who wins. Please post all entries in thread.
  4. If you use a Google Doc for your lore, post a little preview paragraph in the thread!
  5. If you have a Talos Descendant, you can enter this lore contest.

Judging
  • The Talos Coalition will decide together on judging the pieces
  • we will be judging based on the quality of the piece of writing and how engaging the story is. Effort will also be factored in.
  • Grammatical mistakes and spelling errors will not be factored in unless it hampers the piece as a whole.
  • Minimum of 150 words must be met for consideration.

Template
wrote:
Username:
Dragon you are entering for:
Entry:
Endyr || 23 || She/They || FR+3
[rule] [center][size=5][b] Previous Winners[/b][/size][center] [rule] [columns][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/73581604][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/735817/73581604_350.png[/img][/url][nextcol] [quote= Jiten Information] Lore Contest Name: Jiten Winner: Insightx98 Winning Lore: [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/raf/3074122/2#post_49508276] Seen on this forum post [/url][/columns] ----- [columns][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/73581605][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/735817/73581605_350.png[/img][/url][nextcol] [quote= Shilo Information] Lore Contest Name: Umahi Winner: Awaicu Winning Lore: [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/raf/3074122/3#post_49681030] Seen on this forum post [/url][/columns]

Previous Winners

73581604_350.png
Jiten Information wrote:
Lore Contest Name: Jiten
Winner: Insightx98
Winning Lore: Seen on this forum post

73581605_350.png
Shilo Information wrote:
Lore Contest Name: Umahi
Winner: Awaicu
Winning Lore: Seen on this forum post
Bump
Bump
2dadebad9cbdc69e549c9cb01b66156e.png3e19eace7cc2a087c3141c1dee363097.png
Bump
Bump
bump!
bump!
Eh, why not I had an idea.

Username: Furiku
Dragon you are entering for: Enora
Entry:

Enora. A name meaning Honor.

Hah. The sheer idea makes me laugh. What defines honor? Who defines honor? Honor is a made up term to justify one’s actions. The world doesn’t *need* honor.

It doesn’t exist anyways when the only truth of the world is that everyone will lie.

So why should I be bound to honor, when those around me aren’t?

—--

She closed the book with a scoff, shaking her head and rolling her eyes. She’d been told her name held great meaning but when she’d tracked down a book that would tell her exactly what it was…it led her to that.

What a joke.

Who would name their child Honor anyways? Father, perhaps. He had a soft soul, hidden by layers and masks, but it was there.

A soft snort. Her name would have been better suited for a different sibling.

She set the book back where she found it and skimmed the rest of them, content to waste time before she had to leave. Boring..boring…even more boring…bor-oh. Well that might be interesting.

She plucked the book that caught her attention from the shelf and flipped it open, skimming the pages. “Necromancy, hmm? Now that’s a thought…”

As she read, as she studied, the more the concept appealed to her. Perhaps the school of magic wasn’t quite what most would find honorable…and perhaps why she was finding she liked it as she did. It was forbidden- dangerous and spoken of in hushed, fearful whispers. Oh sure, if used certain ways it could be quite helpful to the masses…but so many feared it for what it could do.

She wanted that.

She wanted the power that fear brought. She wanted to regarded with awe, to walk through the masses and for them to know she was not someone to be trifled with. That was better than a name that meant ‘honor’- Hmm.

Enora. Honor….Honor of the necromancer…A honor that most considered not to exist.

Oh…wouldn’t that be quite funny.

A slow smile curled across her maw, sharp teeth gleaming in the dim light of the small room.

She quite liked the idea of turning expectations on their head.

“Enora the Necromancer. Now no one would be expecting that~
End

And I know you said gene plans and such don't matter but. This is tentatively what I'm thinking of for her.

en
Eh, why not I had an idea.

Username: Furiku
Entry:

Enora. A name meaning Honor.

Hah. The sheer idea makes me laugh. What defines honor? Who defines honor? Honor is a made up term to justify one’s actions. The world doesn’t *need* honor.

It doesn’t exist anyways when the only truth of the world is that everyone will lie.

So why should I be bound to honor, when those around me aren’t?

—--

She closed the book with a scoff, shaking her head and rolling her eyes. She’d been told her name held great meaning but when she’d tracked down a book that would tell her exactly what it was…it led her to that.

What a joke.

Who would name their child Honor anyways? Father, perhaps. He had a soft soul, hidden by layers and masks, but it was there.

A soft snort. Her name would have been better suited for a different sibling.

She set the book back where she found it and skimmed the rest of them, content to waste time before she had to leave. Boring..boring…even more boring…bor-oh. Well that might be interesting.

She plucked the book that caught her attention from the shelf and flipped it open, skimming the pages. “Necromancy, hmm? Now that’s a thought…”

As she read, as she studied, the more the concept appealed to her. Perhaps the school of magic wasn’t quite what most would find honorable…and perhaps why she was finding she liked it as she did. It was forbidden- dangerous and spoken of in hushed, fearful whispers. Oh sure, if used certain ways it could be quite helpful to the masses…but so many feared it for what it could do.

She wanted that.

She wanted the power that fear brought. She wanted to regarded with awe, to walk through the masses and for them to know she was not someone to be trifled with. That was better than a name that meant ‘honor’- Hmm.

Enora. Honor….Honor of the necromancer…A honor that most considered not to exist.

Oh…wouldn’t that be quite funny.

A slow smile curled across her maw, sharp teeth gleaming in the dim light of the small room.

She quite liked the idea of turning expectations on their head.

“Enora the Necromancer. Now no one would be expecting that~
End

And I know you said gene plans and such don't matter but. This is tentatively what I'm thinking of for her.

en
fiFase7.png
Bump
Bump
[center]Username: Pipirii Dragon you are entering for: Enora Entry: I'm going to preface this by saying I got very carried away with this lore... Like a lot. I am absolutely in love with this gremlin already---,,,, But enjoy the small exerpt as a little taster and know that if she generously decides to stay in my lair, she will be spoiled thoroughly ;) ------------------- ------------------ [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/75341097][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/753411/75341097_350.png[/img][/url] --------------------------- -------------------------- The shadow of a king does stretch long for those that walk in his wake. [i]‘One day, little one, you will stand as tall and proud as your father.’ [/i] The voice is smiling and she recalls that her eyes are not yet open to know the face of this soul.[i] ’And we cannot wait to see you shine.’[/i] Enora’s tiny nose snuffles into the darkness, nostrils flaring as the soft crackling of both fire and her own egg shell fills her ears in her first moments of life. It is warm and whilst her own heart hammers within her chest, she knows that she is safe. Moreso when a maw the size of her entire frame grasps her and carries her from her nest to the greater beyond that the mind of a baby could not yet grasp. [i]‘She is perfect…’[/i] This deeper voice assures, low and comforting. [i]‘Little Enora; A name befitting of the first hatched. No?’[/i] Little Enora. Honour bound by blood. In the moment, she does not know her name nor the lulling voice of her own father but in time, this fleeting first memory will fade into nothing but a tangent of distant but pleasant emotions that leave her light and warm inside. So Enora, first of her name, merely sleeps in her fathers embrace. --------------------- --------------------- [url=https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Jme9U_ccrPONJJOjp70AjnIQXIlycIbutxGFqgcoGrc/edit#][b]LINK TO THE FULL LORE[/b][/url] Word total: 3222 [s]tfw you take a perfectly good dragon and give her anxiety [/s] [/center]
Username: Pipirii
Entry:

I'm going to preface this by saying I got very carried away with this lore... Like a lot. I am absolutely in love with this gremlin already---,,,,

But enjoy the small exerpt as a little taster and know that if she generously decides to stay in my lair, she will be spoiled thoroughly ;)

75341097_350.png

The shadow of a king does stretch long for those that walk in his wake.

‘One day, little one, you will stand as tall and proud as your father.’ The voice is smiling and she recalls that her eyes are not yet open to know the face of this soul. ’And we cannot wait to see you shine.’

Enora’s tiny nose snuffles into the darkness, nostrils flaring as the soft crackling of both fire and her own egg shell fills her ears in her first moments of life. It is warm and whilst her own heart hammers within her chest, she knows that she is safe.

Moreso when a maw the size of her entire frame grasps her and carries her from her nest to the greater beyond that the mind of a baby could not yet grasp.

‘She is perfect…’ This deeper voice assures, low and comforting. ‘Little Enora; A name befitting of the first hatched. No?’

Little Enora.
Honour bound by blood.

In the moment, she does not know her name nor the lulling voice of her own father but in time, this fleeting first memory will fade into nothing but a tangent of distant but pleasant emotions that leave her light and warm inside.

So Enora, first of her name, merely sleeps in her fathers embrace.

LINK TO THE FULL LORE

Word total: 3222

tfw you take a perfectly good dragon and give her anxiety

lBm66wW.gif
Bump
Bump
Username: Penguinball
Dragon you are entering for: Chlothar
Entry:

The egg had traveled far from the plaguey grounds where it was laid - across cold tundra, through the heart of the Great Furnace, until it at last reached it's final home, a decrepit mansion on the outskirts of the Sunbeam Ruins. A pair of Veilspun labored under it's weight, delicate wings beating against a growing storm.

The fates had been against this egg since word of it had first come to Stormlight's attention. Always on the watch for unusual dragons that needed help, the news that a plague egg had been found in the wilderness piqued her attention.

This egg was not lost, no. They knew exactly who the father was. Talos, a dragon who should not be. Akin to those of Naomi lineage in infamy, Stormlight knew that this dragon would struggle to find it's place in life.

With bated breath, the clan gathered around the imperial egg when it showed signs of hatching. The egg rocked, hairline cracks appearing in the surface. But no flakes fell to the ground. The hatchling struggled from within, weak from it's long journey, and frightened by the storm that raged outside the mansion.

Normally the family would assist in the hatching, but this dragon had only Stormlight's clan, and they hesitated to reach out. Hatching was the first rite of passage a dragon had to undergo in this harsh world.

At last a imperial pushed her way through the crowd. TwilightWhisper, daughter of one of the oldest dragons in Sorneith. She used her superior size to reach the egg, and with a flick of her sharp claws, eggshell fell to the ground.

The hatchling fell out of the shattered shell, gasping for breath. TwilightWhisper nudged him with her snout, breathing warm air onto him. The hatchling clung to her, dark scales contrasting against her purple ones.

TwilightWhisper glared out at the assembled dragons. "I claim this hatchling for my own. I dare anyone here to gainsay me."

Stormlight made placating motions with her hands. "No one here will argue that, Twi. How is he?"

TwilightWhisper nuzzled the trembling imperial hatchling. "Weak. The journey here took what energy he had. You shouldn't have moved him."

Stormlight flinched. "Would you rather he had been left out in the snow?"

The hatchling made mewling sounds and shuddered, trying to hide himself under TwilightWhisper. "Now you've gone and frightened him. Come, little one. Let's get you somewhere less busy."

"Wait," said Stormlight. "What will you name him?"

TwilightWhisper was silent as she stroked the hatchling. After a long minute, she spoke. "Chlothar. His name is Chlothar."

"Famous warrior? But he's so weak..." said Stormlight.

"He is weak now. But I swear on my own scales, he is will grow stronger, and one day, he will live up to his name."

The words fell like stones from her mouth, heavy with the weight of prophecy. Stormlight smiled and wiggled her claws at the little imperial. It would be very interesting to watch this one grow into his own.
Username: Penguinball
Dragon you are entering for: Chlothar
Entry:

The egg had traveled far from the plaguey grounds where it was laid - across cold tundra, through the heart of the Great Furnace, until it at last reached it's final home, a decrepit mansion on the outskirts of the Sunbeam Ruins. A pair of Veilspun labored under it's weight, delicate wings beating against a growing storm.

The fates had been against this egg since word of it had first come to Stormlight's attention. Always on the watch for unusual dragons that needed help, the news that a plague egg had been found in the wilderness piqued her attention.

This egg was not lost, no. They knew exactly who the father was. Talos, a dragon who should not be. Akin to those of Naomi lineage in infamy, Stormlight knew that this dragon would struggle to find it's place in life.

With bated breath, the clan gathered around the imperial egg when it showed signs of hatching. The egg rocked, hairline cracks appearing in the surface. But no flakes fell to the ground. The hatchling struggled from within, weak from it's long journey, and frightened by the storm that raged outside the mansion.

Normally the family would assist in the hatching, but this dragon had only Stormlight's clan, and they hesitated to reach out. Hatching was the first rite of passage a dragon had to undergo in this harsh world.

At last a imperial pushed her way through the crowd. TwilightWhisper, daughter of one of the oldest dragons in Sorneith. She used her superior size to reach the egg, and with a flick of her sharp claws, eggshell fell to the ground.

The hatchling fell out of the shattered shell, gasping for breath. TwilightWhisper nudged him with her snout, breathing warm air onto him. The hatchling clung to her, dark scales contrasting against her purple ones.

TwilightWhisper glared out at the assembled dragons. "I claim this hatchling for my own. I dare anyone here to gainsay me."

Stormlight made placating motions with her hands. "No one here will argue that, Twi. How is he?"

TwilightWhisper nuzzled the trembling imperial hatchling. "Weak. The journey here took what energy he had. You shouldn't have moved him."

Stormlight flinched. "Would you rather he had been left out in the snow?"

The hatchling made mewling sounds and shuddered, trying to hide himself under TwilightWhisper. "Now you've gone and frightened him. Come, little one. Let's get you somewhere less busy."

"Wait," said Stormlight. "What will you name him?"

TwilightWhisper was silent as she stroked the hatchling. After a long minute, she spoke. "Chlothar. His name is Chlothar."

"Famous warrior? But he's so weak..." said Stormlight.

"He is weak now. But I swear on my own scales, he is will grow stronger, and one day, he will live up to his name."

The words fell like stones from her mouth, heavy with the weight of prophecy. Stormlight smiled and wiggled her claws at the little imperial. It would be very interesting to watch this one grow into his own.
1 2 3