Back

Raffles & Giveaways

Share your raffles and giveaways with the Flight Rising community.
TOPIC | Superstition Hotel - CYOA & Raffle
1 2 ... 14 15 16 17 18 ... 21 22
@BirdsDontTalk, @BunnySox, @ClockworkEclipse, @Crystalitar, @Easte, @Eeree, @FishingNet, @Gladicent, @gryphon982, @Kaimon, @Piccalily0510, @RisenWolf, @Self, @ShadeytheDragon, @sockmonkeygerald, @SolarSam, @Soulthreads, @Tremble, @WolfTrickster

Hey guys! I know it's been super exciting with the new breed and everything, but this is your last challenge before tomorrow's needing to pick your choice for villain! :)

You have until 6am FR time! We're in the home stretch, my dears! <3
@BirdsDontTalk, @BunnySox, @ClockworkEclipse, @Crystalitar, @Easte, @Eeree, @FishingNet, @Gladicent, @gryphon982, @Kaimon, @Piccalily0510, @RisenWolf, @Self, @ShadeytheDragon, @sockmonkeygerald, @SolarSam, @Soulthreads, @Tremble, @WolfTrickster

Hey guys! I know it's been super exciting with the new breed and everything, but this is your last challenge before tomorrow's needing to pick your choice for villain! :)

You have until 6am FR time! We're in the home stretch, my dears! <3
tDLyYLQ.png
heyZH2H.png
JvUa9ma.png
UuKod4C.png
Al1BEGR.png
tqGkHih.png
reHWBXk.png
oczO35g.png
AaYNmEX.png
Atelophobia: choice 2
Atelophobia: choice 2
b2d539f53b798f31f5d6939b881cb7385ceea443.png
[s]Unexpected absence today - daily fee paid for Isavar; no time to make a choice, but I'll try to have RP up for today before 6am tomorrow[/s] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/11843519][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/118436/11843519_350.png[/img][/url][/center] Issy was emotionally exhausted, and feeling quite disturbed. It's one foot in front of the other now, just get to the last day, alive, he thinks to himself. It's odd, though, they only got to hear one side of the story, from the male's perspective. And there at the end, dude pretty clearly said he would make the female pay. Bad breakups were one thing, but this guy sounded like he was going to go whole-flaming-attack-balls on his former fiancée, when he got a chance. Nice guy. Did the transformation make him like that, or was he already that way, from the beginning? Well, one more set of choices. Based on the final film clip they just saw, he's going to go with the Fear of Imperfection, and see where that leads. Almost there... Through the portal, Issy sees his final three choices, and the only one that seems to relate to what they've just seen is the middle one. [center][img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/4tanp5y4tyh09yi/shadowtop.png[/img] Isavar chooses Atelophobia - Option #2, please [img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/ven9gmk4qi14dr5/shadowbottom2.png[/img] [/center]
Unexpected absence today - daily fee paid for Isavar; no time to make a choice, but I'll try to have RP up for today before 6am tomorrow
11843519_350.png

Issy was emotionally exhausted, and feeling quite disturbed. It's one foot in front of the other now, just get to the last day, alive, he thinks to himself.

It's odd, though, they only got to hear one side of the story, from the male's perspective. And there at the end, dude pretty clearly said he would make the female pay. Bad breakups were one thing, but this guy sounded like he was going to go whole-flaming-attack-balls on his former fiancée, when he got a chance.

Nice guy.

Did the transformation make him like that, or was he already that way, from the beginning?

Well, one more set of choices.

Based on the final film clip they just saw, he's going to go with the Fear of Imperfection, and see where that leads.

Almost there...

Through the portal, Issy sees his final three choices, and the only one that seems to relate to what they've just seen is the middle one.

shadowtop.png
Isavar chooses Atelophobia - Option #2, please
shadowbottom2.png
*Drags self out of scrying workshop to write* You knew this would happen get to it You know, given the canon magic of the new veilspuns I just might use this event as an origin story whenever I pick up one for a perma - seems right up their alley for behind-the-scenes involvement that one follows Malia home from :) [rule] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/51412290][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/514123/51412290_350.png[/img][/url][/center] [i]Villains are often afraid of the passage of time[/i] - pinesap, that sounded like the mutated dragon, according to the mirror/clock clips. But the narrative, assuming it was his voice speaking, made the waif sound at fault... and they were supposed to cast their lots after just one more clue? Malia needed more information! Sharp objects could be a quite dangerous simulation given how the rest of them had gone. Imperfection seemed insignificant in comparison (though any dragon who suffered that to the level of a phobia had Malia's full sympathy) but, more importantly, sounded like it might be relevant to the story about to conclude. That made it no choice it all. [center][b]~Atelophobia~[/b][/center] The choice she faced after was much harder. She'd done well thus far in avoiding (illusory) gruesome death, a trend she rather wanted to continue, and the most relevant options available didn't necessarily look like the most survivable. She wouldn't [i]really[/i] suffer a terrible fate if she chose wrong, so she could let that not affect her... (but it was, a little). But no, that was the wrong kind of thinking - she wouldn't get the hint unless she chose the option that let her survive! It was a good thing in a way the game was ending soon after all; how late was it now that Malia was this tired? The middle door, subjected helpless to doctors and nurses, looked dangerous. The ones on either end were both more questionable. The rickety trellis looked too close to the house to leave any room for wingbeats, which meant weight was a serious issue. The glasslike bridge looked too much like an illusion, the kind that might break if touched. There was a glow past the trellis, but it might be bait instead of a portal; there was a guard at the bridge, which echoed an earlier simulation which had been the right choice, but might therefore be bait now... what about stories? She'd done well when she followed her instincts on which was the right path based on remnants of old myths. Did either of these call to mind anything? ...A pristine, crystalline structure that shattered when approached. Beauty that was an illusion. She couldn't think of any particular example, but the image stuck with her. She still didn't like the option that left, but after another careful review of all three options, it was the one she disliked least. Alright then. Hopefully this didn't hurt. [center][b]~Choice 1~[/b][/center]
*Drags self out of scrying workshop to write* You knew this would happen get to it

You know, given the canon magic of the new veilspuns I just might use this event as an origin story whenever I pick up one for a perma - seems right up their alley for behind-the-scenes involvement that one follows Malia home from :)

51412290_350.png

Villains are often afraid of the passage of time - pinesap, that sounded like the mutated dragon, according to the mirror/clock clips. But the narrative, assuming it was his voice speaking, made the waif sound at fault... and they were supposed to cast their lots after just one more clue? Malia needed more information!

Sharp objects could be a quite dangerous simulation given how the rest of them had gone. Imperfection seemed insignificant in comparison (though any dragon who suffered that to the level of a phobia had Malia's full sympathy) but, more importantly, sounded like it might be relevant to the story about to conclude. That made it no choice it all.
~Atelophobia~

The choice she faced after was much harder. She'd done well thus far in avoiding (illusory) gruesome death, a trend she rather wanted to continue, and the most relevant options available didn't necessarily look like the most survivable. She wouldn't really suffer a terrible fate if she chose wrong, so she could let that not affect her... (but it was, a little).

But no, that was the wrong kind of thinking - she wouldn't get the hint unless she chose the option that let her survive! It was a good thing in a way the game was ending soon after all; how late was it now that Malia was this tired?

The middle door, subjected helpless to doctors and nurses, looked dangerous. The ones on either end were both more questionable. The rickety trellis looked too close to the house to leave any room for wingbeats, which meant weight was a serious issue. The glasslike bridge looked too much like an illusion, the kind that might break if touched.

There was a glow past the trellis, but it might be bait instead of a portal; there was a guard at the bridge, which echoed an earlier simulation which had been the right choice, but might therefore be bait now... what about stories? She'd done well when she followed her instincts on which was the right path based on remnants of old myths. Did either of these call to mind anything?

...A pristine, crystalline structure that shattered when approached. Beauty that was an illusion. She couldn't think of any particular example, but the image stuck with her.

She still didn't like the option that left, but after another careful review of all three options, it was the one she disliked least. Alright then. Hopefully this didn't hurt.
~Choice 1~
cloudbear familiar adopt (links to free resource)why does align right not work fit fit fit fit fit okHobbes dragon plushie (links to breeding pairs)
Ilya returned to the event hall feeling better than he had in a long while. As he'd expected, smashing a bunch of mirrors was very enjoyable. Even the disturbing scenes played in front of him did little to dull his mood. The film, however, does. As the host somberly spins the wheel one last time, Ilya feels a subdued apprehension. He knows what he has to do, but he doesn't feel good about doing it. [columns] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/59468730][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/594688/59468730p.png[/img][/url] [nextcol] [I][size=4]How fitting these are. There's no way they were random. For the final trial, I think I'll face one of my own fears. I've always wanted my work to be perfect, but this whole ordeal has put a new spin on it. Maybe I'll learn something about myself, if I take it on.[/size][/I] [/columns] Deciding to challenge himself, Ilya chooses [color=204AA8]Atelophobia, the fear of imperfection[/color]. He goes into the hallway with grim determination, ready for whatever comes. The new scenario isn't what he was expecting, though, with its odd shapes and lack of immediate life-threatening terror. He looks closely at each screen. [columns] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/59468730][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/594688/59468730p.png[/img][/url] [nextcol] [I][size=4]Two zombies and some surgeons; it almost sounds like the beginning of a movie. I'd still like to avoid any more rivers, so I don't think I'll be going there. The first looks like the end of a movie, where someone has to die. The middle seems nerve wracking, but I did choose the fear of imperfections to face my own. I might as well do what I set out to.[/size][/I] [/columns] As he opened what could possibly be his final door, a wave of calm washed over him. Despite everything, he had made it through. So much had happened over the last few hours? Days? He wasn't quite sure. But he'd seen it through. Now there's only one choice left. ([color=204AA8]choice 2[/color])
Ilya returned to the event hall feeling better than he had in a long while. As he'd expected, smashing a bunch of mirrors was very enjoyable. Even the disturbing scenes played in front of him did little to dull his mood. The film, however, does. As the host somberly spins the wheel one last time, Ilya feels a subdued apprehension. He knows what he has to do, but he doesn't feel good about doing it.

59468730p.png How fitting these are. There's no way they were random. For the final trial, I think I'll face one of my own fears. I've always wanted my work to be perfect, but this whole ordeal has put a new spin on it. Maybe I'll learn something about myself, if I take it on.

Deciding to challenge himself, Ilya chooses Atelophobia, the fear of imperfection. He goes into the hallway with grim determination, ready for whatever comes. The new scenario isn't what he was expecting, though, with its odd shapes and lack of immediate life-threatening terror. He looks closely at each screen.

59468730p.png Two zombies and some surgeons; it almost sounds like the beginning of a movie. I'd still like to avoid any more rivers, so I don't think I'll be going there. The first looks like the end of a movie, where someone has to die. The middle seems nerve wracking, but I did choose the fear of imperfections to face my own. I might as well do what I set out to.

As he opened what could possibly be his final door, a wave of calm washed over him. Despite everything, he had made it through. So much had happened over the last few hours? Days? He wasn't quite sure. But he'd seen it through. Now there's only one choice left. (choice 2)
C5V5o0z.png
[url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/54508452][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/545085/54508452_350.png[/img][/url] He had made it through the last trial so he could figure out a way through this next one right? Jellydew thought deeply of the scenes he had just watched and tried to put it together in context with all the other information he and the others had been given that night. A new choice ends the Wheels spinning leaving only the options of Fear of Sharp Objects and Fear of Imperfection. Tilting his head he wondered what could be scary about imperfection? After all nothing was truly perfect and imperfections could actually add beauty to an item or person. This thought in mind He headed through the door of [b]Atelophobia[/b] Finding himself in a strange hallway, Jellydew stumbles to a halt and stares at the wildly crooked doors. There was something not quite right here but he couldn't quite figure why the hallway was creeping him out. Finding buttons underneath small video screens next to each door he reached out and pressed one, body tense in case he had to run. When the only thing that happened was a video playing, he relaxed and watched each carefully. He snarls at the second scene and yells " No one and nothing is perfect, and changing something about another, especially against their will is crazy!" He dashes through the second door knowing that even if he didn't make it through he would do what he could to stop that kind of operation. [b](Choice 2)[/b]
54508452_350.png

He had made it through the last trial so he could figure out a way through this next one right? Jellydew thought deeply of the scenes he had just watched and tried to put it together in context with all the other information he and the others had been given that night. A new choice ends the Wheels spinning leaving only the options of Fear of Sharp Objects and Fear of Imperfection. Tilting his head he wondered what could be scary about imperfection? After all nothing was truly perfect and imperfections could actually add beauty to an item or person. This thought in mind He headed through the door of Atelophobia

Finding himself in a strange hallway, Jellydew stumbles to a halt and stares at the wildly crooked doors. There was something not quite right here but he couldn't quite figure why the hallway was creeping him out. Finding buttons underneath small video screens next to each door he reached out and pressed one, body tense in case he had to run. When the only thing that happened was a video playing, he relaxed and watched each carefully. He snarls at the second scene and yells " No one and nothing is perfect, and changing something about another, especially against their will is crazy!" He dashes through the second door knowing that even if he didn't make it through he would do what he could to stop that kind of operation. (Choice 2)
[url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/56743488][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/567435/56743488_350.png[/img][/url] "Everytime I think I have it right, I end up wrong! Tidelord this is frustrating!" Emerging from being trapped in a clock means that Taralyn quickly takes the chance to uncoil her body for a few moments before turning her attention to the nefarious ringmaster. As Taralyn watches the scenes of the previous choices play out, she is noticably flustered. The dragon standing next to her pokes her and asks, "are you okay?" "AM I OKAY??? How could I POSSIBLY be oKaY?! Nothing about this situation is okay!!" Feeling strangely at ease after her outburst, Taralyn turns her attention back to the scenes in front of her and realizes that she overthought the previous options. The third clock had initially seemed like the obvious choice, so she thought it was a trap. But the twisted mind of the ringmaster was just toying with her. Refusing to be toyed with any longer, Taralyn payed close attention to every last detail of the scenes that played out in the orb. [i]A lab accident? That's all that was 'wrong' with the so-called monster before her? She thought that it must have been worse than a simple accident. Still, she could not believe that witch of a fianceé could leave that poor man! Who would do such a terrible thing. [/i] Blinking back tears of anger, Taralyn took a focusing breath and turned her attention to the ringmaster as he spun the wheel that would again decide her fate. Looking at her choices, Taralyn was immediately drawn to Atelophobia, the fear of imperfection. Though loathe to admit it, Taralyn had always thought that she was somewhat flawed. She had strange markings on her body that didn't seem to fit the colors of her parents. She had never liked how she was expected to be a kind, motherly figure--which was why she had worked so hard to get where she was today! Keeping this in mind, and remembering that her children (and the others of her clan) saw her as nothing less than their leading lady warrior, Taralyn made her decision and stepped through the doorway. Once through, she realized that she had time to think through her options this time. However, Taralyn had overthought the options last time and that's what had gotten her into trouble. So perhaps she would do better not to dwell too much on each option. The first clip showed a dilapidated house with a rotting trellis for her to climb. "Nope," she thought as she turned to the second clip. The next clip showed doctors and nurses who somehow had the power to judge one's imperfections and decide whether or not one needed to change. While this was terrifying to think about, it would make sense that Taralyn would have to face her fear with this option. The final clip showed a beautiful, but fragile-looking bridge that was guarded by a guardian who had seen better days. She could likely take out the guard without too much trouble, but did not especially trust the bridge to hold long enough for her to safely cross to the doorway. Having made up her mind, Taralyn thought of her children and clan back home who were waiting for her return. These pleasant thoughts gave her the strength to walk through that second door. Afterall, who were these doctors and nurses to judge her? Surely they would not find a flaw that she had not already addressed in her lifetime. Taralyn chooses Atelophobia, option 2!
56743488_350.png

"Everytime I think I have it right, I end up wrong! Tidelord this is frustrating!" Emerging from being trapped in a clock means that Taralyn quickly takes the chance to uncoil her body for a few moments before turning her attention to the nefarious ringmaster.

As Taralyn watches the scenes of the previous choices play out, she is noticably flustered. The dragon standing next to her pokes her and asks, "are you okay?"

"AM I OKAY??? How could I POSSIBLY be oKaY?! Nothing about this situation is okay!!"

Feeling strangely at ease after her outburst, Taralyn turns her attention back to the scenes in front of her and realizes that she overthought the previous options. The third clock had initially seemed like the obvious choice, so she thought it was a trap. But the twisted mind of the ringmaster was just toying with her.

Refusing to be toyed with any longer, Taralyn payed close attention to every last detail of the scenes that played out in the orb. A lab accident? That's all that was 'wrong' with the so-called monster before her? She thought that it must have been worse than a simple accident. Still, she could not believe that witch of a fianceé could leave that poor man! Who would do such a terrible thing.

Blinking back tears of anger, Taralyn took a focusing breath and turned her attention to the ringmaster as he spun the wheel that would again decide her fate.

Looking at her choices, Taralyn was immediately drawn to Atelophobia, the fear of imperfection. Though loathe to admit it, Taralyn had always thought that she was somewhat flawed. She had strange markings on her body that didn't seem to fit the colors of her parents. She had never liked how she was expected to be a kind, motherly figure--which was why she had worked so hard to get where she was today!

Keeping this in mind, and remembering that her children (and the others of her clan) saw her as nothing less than their leading lady warrior, Taralyn made her decision and stepped through the doorway.

Once through, she realized that she had time to think through her options this time. However, Taralyn had overthought the options last time and that's what had gotten her into trouble. So perhaps she would do better not to dwell too much on each option.

The first clip showed a dilapidated house with a rotting trellis for her to climb. "Nope," she thought as she turned to the second clip.

The next clip showed doctors and nurses who somehow had the power to judge one's imperfections and decide whether or not one needed to change. While this was terrifying to think about, it would make sense that Taralyn would have to face her fear with this option.

The final clip showed a beautiful, but fragile-looking bridge that was guarded by a guardian who had seen better days. She could likely take out the guard without too much trouble, but did not especially trust the bridge to hold long enough for her to safely cross to the doorway.

Having made up her mind, Taralyn thought of her children and clan back home who were waiting for her return. These pleasant thoughts gave her the strength to walk through that second door. Afterall, who were these doctors and nurses to judge her? Surely they would not find a flaw that she had not already addressed in her lifetime.

Taralyn chooses Atelophobia, option 2!
IF HubOOF Hub
[center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/54616264][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/546163/54616264_350.png[/img][/url] [img]https://orig05.deviantart.net/49f7/f/2017/225/a/8/frlight_sword_banner_by_littlefiredragon-dbjxz63.png[/img] [size=4]Sincerus desperately shut his eyes as he watched his world revolve around him like he was trapped in a spinning globe. As he slowly opened his eyes again, he found himself back in the theater. The ringmaster walked back and forth, presenting the results with the sweep of his cane. The prisoners stood suddenly straight and tried to communicate as if Sincerus could read scripts off their eyes. But the glowing orb once again headed toward him, leaving him only wondering what he'll see this time. ____ What appeared was a long sequence of scenes, where it became apparent to both lovers that the relationship had to come to an end. A male narrator spoke the thoughts of both perspectives like he was telling a somber story with clearly no happy ending. After a long period of watching and listening, the vision came to a close with a body strapped to a table, and fading laughter as the music cuts off. ____ As the film cut, Sincerus was left in eerie silence, until the ringmaster broke it in an almost tender tone. “This tragedy has been shown. The past is done, and now we must contemplate the future. This will be your last test… your last chance to get perhaps a crucial piece of information before you have to make your decision.” He spun the wheel softly as it lands on Aichmophobia and Atelophobia. Imperfection. Huh. That was almost one of Sincerus's personality traits. He was always called this, that, blah blah blah, he's heard it all before. Imperfection was such a redundant word. Perfection was only based on perspective and personal standards, and those standards were defined by how you saw yourself. That's why nobody was perfect. Nobody believed that they were perfect because perfection was a level always higher than they were. If nobody's perfect, why are there imperfections? It didn't make sense to him but didn't bother him either. Sincerus couldn't care less about being judged for "imperfections", much less fear it. [b][color=#b7881f]Atelophobia + Choice 2[/color][/b] [img]https://orig04.deviantart.net/d251/f/2017/225/5/1/frlight_left_sword_by_littlefiredragon-dbjxz4v.png[/img][img]https://orig05.deviantart.net/43f0/f/2017/225/d/1/frlight_right_sword_by_littlefiredragon-dbjxz5e.png[/img]
54616264_350.png

frlight_sword_banner_by_littlefiredragon-dbjxz63.png

Sincerus desperately shut his eyes as he watched his world revolve around him like he was trapped in a spinning globe. As he slowly opened his eyes again, he found himself back in the theater. The ringmaster walked back and forth, presenting the results with the sweep of his cane.

The prisoners stood suddenly straight and tried to communicate as if Sincerus could read scripts off their eyes. But the glowing orb once again headed toward him, leaving him only wondering what he'll see this time.

____

What appeared was a long sequence of scenes, where it became apparent to both lovers that the relationship had to come to an end. A male narrator spoke the thoughts of both perspectives like he was telling a somber story with clearly no happy ending. After a long period of watching and listening, the vision came to a close with a body strapped to a table, and fading laughter as the music cuts off.

____

As the film cut, Sincerus was left in eerie silence, until the ringmaster broke it in an almost tender tone.

“This tragedy has been shown. The past is done, and now we must contemplate the future. This will be your last test… your last chance to get perhaps a crucial piece of information before you have to make your decision.”

He spun the wheel softly as it lands on Aichmophobia and Atelophobia.

Imperfection. Huh. That was almost one of Sincerus's personality traits. He was always called this, that, blah blah blah, he's heard it all before. Imperfection was such a redundant word. Perfection was only based on perspective and personal standards, and those standards were defined by how you saw yourself. That's why nobody was perfect. Nobody believed that they were perfect because perfection was a level always higher than they were. If nobody's perfect, why are there imperfections? It didn't make sense to him but didn't bother him either. Sincerus couldn't care less about being judged for "imperfections", much less fear it.

Atelophobia + Choice 2

frlight_left_sword_by_littlefiredragon-dbjxz4v.pngfrlight_right_sword_by_littlefiredragon-dbjxz5e.png
imageedit_1_7297660177.png arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Wishlist
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Would You Rather? (click to play!)
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Looking for Modern Veined gene brewers!

arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Used to be ShadeytheDragon
[center][img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/1dgwdc3wz15yjps/firetop.png[/img] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/64117519][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=64117519&skin=19180&apparel=34615,34618,22170,6267,6705,21022,27204,770,35520,15135,36163,12191,36168,36173&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url] [img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/3ov5hj1ydbonnao/firemid.png[/img][/center] [color=#d84915]Well, that had been a relief to Maalik. Stumbling back into the hall was a brief moment of joy for him, especially with his newest clue. He was on a roll, and he was ready to make his decision! Except... he wasn't. His clue could point to either option in his mind, and he was starting to recall that there was a threat of death at one point. He watched the scenes with trepidation as the host spoke on, playing the reels and listening to the story. The melancholy tone afterwards was more than enough to send a chill down Maalik's spine. If they don't fall prey to either, then? Why? The last few times, they lived, even if their choices were wrong. Maalik would know. He failed twice before his luck streak began. What would be different this time? He frowned at the choices, then smiled a nervous smile. "I'm no stranger to sharp things. I work with them all the time! Imperfection... well, it's part of the job. Mess something up, and learn. It's nothing to really fear..." And yet the cost of imperfection was something Maalik knew all too well, the cost of a mistake. He knew he feared making such mistakes again. Quietly, he made his decision. "Wonder what it says about me to be afraid of imperfection as well..." With that, he stepped forward to face his final trial before making that critical decision. Lives were on the line. He knew that now. The real problem was whether or not he'd be good enough to not make a mistake. All he could do was hope to be as close to perfect as possible, and pray to the Eleven that it was enough. [center][b][size=5][color=#d84915]You have chosen: Atelophobia [/size][/b] [img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/d0ti69zj1k3iq9w/firefull.png[/img][/center] [color=#d84915]Maalik sways a bit in the strange, tilted rooms. This is [i]not[/i] what he had in mind! He looks about for a few moments before simply coiling in on himself, trying to settle his nerves. This is off on purpose. This is the theme of the phobia to face. He finally sighs, going to his options and checking them over. "Are those... Zombies? I thought the closest thing we had to those were Emperors...!" He definitely doesn't have experience with this. The closest Necromancy he's seen healed wounds, not revive the dead. He does [i]not[/i] want to take part in a cliche zombie horror flick, and he knows one big rule of those movies. Two, technically. Never run into the hoard, and never go somewhere without a surefire escape plan. The door is far and difficult to reach. He likely wouldn't make it. Not with a hoard after him. He turns to another door. "Another river? Oh no. I know this trick! I will [i]not[/i] die here again!" Perhaps this is a new phobia for the Spiral, but he's decided rivers are far from his friend. Every time there was a [i]river,[/i] he either failed, or would've failed. He is [i]not[/i] going to give that river the satisfaction of sating it's bloodlust with his death. Again. Even if there's a beast guarding the bridge, much like the ocean he faced once before. This one would be crossing beauty by fighting or avoiding something vile. He has his doubts about this guard being friendly. He turns to the remaining door, already more than ready to try this one over the river. Then he sees the clip for the middle door. "A... lab? With researchers! And patients..." This scene is very familiar to Maalik. He works for Raphael, a healer. A medic. He's observed patients time and again for what might be wrong, what might need fixing, and had even helped subdue patients resisting treatment when they needed it. He's been in the position of those doctors and nurses for a great portion of his life. However, he's never been the patient before, and he's [i]never[/i] seen something like this in particular. It was... wrong. In every sense of the word, to Maalik, it was indeed very wrong. And yet... "They're learned individuals, Maalik. Yes, it may be odd, but so are your own experiments! You are a drake of science, just like them! This should be fine...!" He's still worried, however. What if he isn't perfect for them? What if he isn't what they're looking for? What if he's too imperfect to continue? He gulps, looking back at the other two doors. Those would have him fight something without beauty. This... would be challenging it. He sighs after a few more moments. "Well Maalik, you answered your own question. This option is different. This one should work. Just... try to be perfect." With a nervous smile, he steps through the door to face the doctors and nurses, to be judged on his imperfections. [i]Every. Last. One.[/i] [center][b][size=5][color=#d84915]You have chosen: Door #2 - Under Examination[/size][/b] [img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/mf5adycppkhgcpr/firebottom.png[/img][/center]
firetop.png
dragon?did=64117519&skin=19180&apparel=34615,34618,22170,6267,6705,21022,27204,770,35520,15135,36163,12191,36168,36173&xt=dressing.png
firemid.png
Well, that had been a relief to Maalik. Stumbling back into the hall was a brief moment of joy for him, especially with his newest clue. He was on a roll, and he was ready to make his decision! Except... he wasn't. His clue could point to either option in his mind, and he was starting to recall that there was a threat of death at one point. He watched the scenes with trepidation as the host spoke on, playing the reels and listening to the story. The melancholy tone afterwards was more than enough to send a chill down Maalik's spine.

If they don't fall prey to either, then? Why? The last few times, they lived, even if their choices were wrong. Maalik would know. He failed twice before his luck streak began. What would be different this time? He frowned at the choices, then smiled a nervous smile.

"I'm no stranger to sharp things. I work with them all the time! Imperfection... well, it's part of the job. Mess something up, and learn. It's nothing to really fear..."

And yet the cost of imperfection was something Maalik knew all too well, the cost of a mistake. He knew he feared making such mistakes again. Quietly, he made his decision.

"Wonder what it says about me to be afraid of imperfection as well..."

With that, he stepped forward to face his final trial before making that critical decision. Lives were on the line. He knew that now. The real problem was whether or not he'd be good enough to not make a mistake. All he could do was hope to be as close to perfect as possible, and pray to the Eleven that it was enough.

You have chosen: Atelophobia

firefull.png

Maalik sways a bit in the strange, tilted rooms. This is not what he had in mind! He looks about for a few moments before simply coiling in on himself, trying to settle his nerves. This is off on purpose. This is the theme of the phobia to face. He finally sighs, going to his options and checking them over.

"Are those... Zombies? I thought the closest thing we had to those were Emperors...!"

He definitely doesn't have experience with this. The closest Necromancy he's seen healed wounds, not revive the dead. He does not want to take part in a cliche zombie horror flick, and he knows one big rule of those movies. Two, technically. Never run into the hoard, and never go somewhere without a surefire escape plan. The door is far and difficult to reach. He likely wouldn't make it. Not with a hoard after him. He turns to another door.

"Another river? Oh no. I know this trick! I will not die here again!"

Perhaps this is a new phobia for the Spiral, but he's decided rivers are far from his friend. Every time there was a river, he either failed, or would've failed. He is not going to give that river the satisfaction of sating it's bloodlust with his death. Again. Even if there's a beast guarding the bridge, much like the ocean he faced once before. This one would be crossing beauty by fighting or avoiding something vile. He has his doubts about this guard being friendly. He turns to the remaining door, already more than ready to try this one over the river.

Then he sees the clip for the middle door.

"A... lab? With researchers! And patients..."

This scene is very familiar to Maalik. He works for Raphael, a healer. A medic. He's observed patients time and again for what might be wrong, what might need fixing, and had even helped subdue patients resisting treatment when they needed it. He's been in the position of those doctors and nurses for a great portion of his life. However, he's never been the patient before, and he's never seen something like this in particular. It was... wrong. In every sense of the word, to Maalik, it was indeed very wrong. And yet...

"They're learned individuals, Maalik. Yes, it may be odd, but so are your own experiments! You are a drake of science, just like them! This should be fine...!"

He's still worried, however. What if he isn't perfect for them? What if he isn't what they're looking for? What if he's too imperfect to continue? He gulps, looking back at the other two doors. Those would have him fight something without beauty. This... would be challenging it. He sighs after a few more moments.

"Well Maalik, you answered your own question. This option is different. This one should work. Just... try to be perfect."

With a nervous smile, he steps through the door to face the doctors and nurses, to be judged on his imperfections.

Every.

Last.

One.

You have chosen: Door #2 - Under Examination
firebottom.png
1ulURsc.gif

sgriffin-3988-7_44_47_7_5_1.png
Pklc9an.png
Clockwork
08atrGc.pngJ7D1quC.png
FXwV0CB.pngFObX7rS.pngSaronai's Free Star Lighting Raffle. Over 3kg in prizes. Ends February 1st. Click to learn more!
Eclipse
LCqISMP.pngDXTcInl.png
11efmKl.pngxjB7OSe.png
CnMSNyK.pngYMPbu9R.png
RFRWPUM.png
wVdpf6V.png

IBK-63.png
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Former First Column Spacer ^^^^^^^^^
[center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/63810633][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/638107/63810633.png[/img][/url][/center] [center]The fear of imperfection, huh? Ghost winces. That one hit a little too close to home, they think, opting to turn toward the [b]Aichmophobia[/b] door instead. The sight of all the needles and swords and saws behind all the windows makes a shiver crawl up their spine. While they're used to bracing themselves against blows from pointy, stabby things, they'd prefer to avoid those situations for the sake of their poor, soft, sensitive shell. A strange creature with tattoos inked on every visible patch of its skin catches their eye and waves cheerily at them. It holds up a picture of a key, points to it, and beckons for Ghost to enter the parlor. Ghost politely shakes their head and watches the creature deflate in disappointment. There was...something unnerving about its grin- its mouth was stretched too wide, lips pulled back to expose rows upon rows of glinting, razor-sharp teeth. Wandering over to the second window, Ghost peers down the hall of statues. Upon spotting the suit of armor at the end of the hallway, they brighten. A sword! They've sorely missed their nail, and finally having something to defend themselves would make them feel more ready to tackle whatever games the ringmaster puts them through. Swordswordswordswordsword, they hum, practically skipping over to the second window. One of the weaverlings screeches and bites them. Ow! What was that for?! Sulkily rubbing their injured paw, they do their best to pin the responsible weaverling with an indignant glare. Which doesn't have any effect on the little spider, seeing as 1) Ghost's expression is fixed into a permanently stone-faced mask, and 2) the spider seems to be glaring back at them, legs waving about in what they assume is disgruntlement. But...sword, they pout. The weaverling chitters in disagreement and scurries to the [b]first window[/b], excitedly hopping at the sight of the alien lifeform on the autopsy table. Sighing and casting a last, longing look toward the suit of armor, Ghost reluctantly follows their bratty spider to their chosen window.[/center] [center]Aichmophobia, Choice 1[/center]
63810633.png
The fear of imperfection, huh?

Ghost winces. That one hit a little too close to home, they think, opting to turn toward the Aichmophobia door instead.

The sight of all the needles and swords and saws behind all the windows makes a shiver crawl up their spine. While they're used to bracing themselves against blows from pointy, stabby things, they'd prefer to avoid those situations for the sake of their poor, soft, sensitive shell.

A strange creature with tattoos inked on every visible patch of its skin catches their eye and waves cheerily at them. It holds up a picture of a key, points to it, and beckons for Ghost to enter the parlor.

Ghost politely shakes their head and watches the creature deflate in disappointment.

There was...something unnerving about its grin- its mouth was stretched too wide, lips pulled back to expose rows upon rows of glinting, razor-sharp teeth.

Wandering over to the second window, Ghost peers down the hall of statues.

Upon spotting the suit of armor at the end of the hallway, they brighten. A sword! They've sorely missed their nail, and finally having something to defend themselves would make them feel more ready to tackle whatever games the ringmaster puts them through.

Swordswordswordswordsword, they hum, practically skipping over to the second window.

One of the weaverlings screeches and bites them.

Ow! What was that for?! Sulkily rubbing their injured paw, they do their best to pin the responsible weaverling with an indignant glare. Which doesn't have any effect on the little spider, seeing as 1) Ghost's expression is fixed into a permanently stone-faced mask, and 2) the spider seems to be glaring back at them, legs waving about in what they assume is disgruntlement.

But...sword, they pout.

The weaverling chitters in disagreement and scurries to the first window, excitedly hopping at the sight of the alien lifeform on the autopsy table.

Sighing and casting a last, longing look toward the suit of armor, Ghost reluctantly follows their bratty spider to their chosen window.
Aichmophobia, Choice 1
1 2 ... 14 15 16 17 18 ... 21 22