Back

Raffles & Giveaways

Share your raffles and giveaways with the Flight Rising community.
TOPIC | Write to Keep!
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 104 105
@O1iviaDragon
Thanks a ton! I just needed a bit of time to type this all out, but here you are!

Hatched in the lingering warmth of summer's end, [Unnamed] is a dragon of borders and edges. He's very quiet, and only a few other dragons have heard him speak. Those that have, however, say that his voice is echoing, hollow... haunting.
At a glance, [Unnamed] is quite soft, but it would be an unwise decision to attempt to pet him, as his mane conceals a tangle of sharp spikes.
In his day-to-day life, [Unnamed] often sits and stares at the sky for hours on end, turning to face the sun like a flower. If another dragon sits down beside him, he will face whatever direction they're facing, as silent and as mysterious as ever.
@O1iviaDragon
Thanks a ton! I just needed a bit of time to type this all out, but here you are!

Hatched in the lingering warmth of summer's end, [Unnamed] is a dragon of borders and edges. He's very quiet, and only a few other dragons have heard him speak. Those that have, however, say that his voice is echoing, hollow... haunting.
At a glance, [Unnamed] is quite soft, but it would be an unwise decision to attempt to pet him, as his mane conceals a tangle of sharp spikes.
In his day-to-day life, [Unnamed] often sits and stares at the sky for hours on end, turning to face the sun like a flower. If another dragon sits down beside him, he will face whatever direction they're facing, as silent and as mysterious as ever.
Gr15mqs.png
I6Ay4yi.gifwLQRY4q.gif
@Okamihowl Oooh la la! [emoji=music notes size=1] I absolutely love the enigmatic figure you portray that Naomi Descendant as! [emoji=heart size=1] I’ll send him to you in a minute.
@Okamihowl

Oooh la la! I absolutely love the enigmatic figure you portray that Naomi Descendant as! I’ll send him to you in a minute.
62c637c0638d7a76244fe8a6a3c79aba.pngZhWd0U3.png62c637c0638d7a76244fe8a6a3c79aba.png
@O1iviaDragon May I please have this baby? [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=55682105] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/556822/55682105_350.png[/img] [/url] Grape has always been an outcast. She lives in a cabin almost too small so she has to duck to get in the front door. That Friday, something changed her life. She met the most handsome Fae dragon she had ever seen, name Splotch. He was rich and was carrying sparkling bow apparel. She ran right up to him and asked his nae, and they've been living together ever since.
@O1iviaDragon
May I please have this baby?

55682105_350.png

Grape has always been an outcast. She lives in a cabin almost too small so she has to duck to get in the front door. That Friday, something changed her life. She met the most handsome Fae dragon she had ever seen, name Splotch. He was rich and was carrying sparkling bow apparel. She ran right up to him and asked his nae, and they've been living together ever since.
Kepper
@MetallicStar Awww, I love the story and the name Grape! [emoji=heart size=1] I’ll send her over right away!
@MetallicStar

Awww, I love the story and the name Grape! I’ll send her over right away!
62c637c0638d7a76244fe8a6a3c79aba.pngZhWd0U3.png62c637c0638d7a76244fe8a6a3c79aba.png
@O1iviaDragon [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=55745091] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/557451/55745091_350.png[/img] [/url] Baby! Baby! Baby! Pond had lived in the tidepools all her life, swimming, fishing, and sleeping happily under the surface, only occasionally coming up for air. She was not as vibrant as other water dragons, and her thick, heavy fur made it a struggle to move, but she wouldn't trade it for the world. On a lazy afternoon, she was laying on a rock, nearly asleep, when she felt a hard jerk and the sensation of being thrown upward. Struggling and writhing hard against her assailant, she was still no match against a fully grown dragon, and she went limp in defeat. The water rushed around her, and with a burst of energy, the mysterious dragon had them both out into the night. The cold air stung her face, and her fur was a soggy mess. She tried to make her way back down to her home, but it was in vain. Peering up at the stranger, she yelled, "Why are you doing this to me?" The stranger's reply was silence. A couple minutes passed, the two staring at each other, and finally, a soft, gravelly voice spoke. "You do not belong there. You have to leave. I have saved you." Absolutely dumbfounded, pond nodded and began to walk, slow and stumbling, away from the only home she had ever known. Trying to shake off the water left behind, she realized that there was no way to remove it. The water of the pools had become a part of her, the Tidelord's way of still connecting her to the home that she must leave. At first, this knowledge was incredibly saddening, but as the journey continued, it became a small comfort. She learned confidently how to walk, how to climb, and how to harvest plants, and the strange dragon who had started this endeavor became a good friend. Oofus whoops I did kind of write a coming of age story
@O1iviaDragon

55745091_350.png

Baby! Baby! Baby!

Pond had lived in the tidepools all her life, swimming, fishing, and sleeping happily under the surface, only occasionally coming up for air. She was not as vibrant as other water dragons, and her thick, heavy fur made it a struggle to move, but she wouldn't trade it for the world. On a lazy afternoon, she was laying on a rock, nearly asleep, when she felt a hard jerk and the sensation of being thrown upward. Struggling and writhing hard against her assailant, she was still no match against a fully grown dragon, and she went limp in defeat. The water rushed around her, and with a burst of energy, the mysterious dragon had them both out into the night. The cold air stung her face, and her fur was a soggy mess. She tried to make her way back down to her home, but it was in vain. Peering up at the stranger, she yelled, "Why are you doing this to me?" The stranger's reply was silence. A couple minutes passed, the two staring at each other, and finally, a soft, gravelly voice spoke. "You do not belong there. You have to leave. I have saved you." Absolutely dumbfounded, pond nodded and began to walk, slow and stumbling, away from the only home she had ever known. Trying to shake off the water left behind, she realized that there was no way to remove it. The water of the pools had become a part of her, the Tidelord's way of still connecting her to the home that she must leave. At first, this knowledge was incredibly saddening, but as the journey continued, it became a small comfort. She learned confidently how to walk, how to climb, and how to harvest plants, and the strange dragon who had started this endeavor became a good friend.

Oofus whoops I did kind of write a coming of age story
aesq82D.gifhVHlIic.png
@FlapAscent Man, I really liked how you incorporated Pond’s elemental type into her story! [emoji=coatl laughing size=1] It’s definitely a very neat water dragon tale. Thanks for crafting it for Pond and I’ll send her over shortly!
@FlapAscent

Man, I really liked how you incorporated Pond’s elemental type into her story! It’s definitely a very neat water dragon tale. Thanks for crafting it for Pond and I’ll send her over shortly!
@O1iviaDragon I want to name him Vessel! [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=55871242] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/558713/55871242_350.png[/img] [/url] It took years for the sickness to develop. It started as a splotch of red on his otherwise silver coat, a balding patch revealing dangerously bloodred skin. The hatchling thought nothing of it, and went on his way. Weeks went by. The hatchling got sicker and weaker. His fur fell out, and red blood vessels began growing over his coat. The poor dragon would bleed at a light touch. Walking became impossible. He tossed and turned in his crimson pool that had once been his bed, and he clutched a bloody stuffed animal to his chest for comfort, a stuffed animal that was only recognizable at this point by him. Still he suffers...
@O1iviaDragon

I want to name him Vessel!

55871242_350.png

It took years for the sickness to develop. It started as a splotch of red on his otherwise silver coat, a balding patch revealing dangerously bloodred skin. The hatchling thought nothing of it, and went on his way.

Weeks went by. The hatchling got sicker and weaker. His fur fell out, and red blood vessels began growing over his coat. The poor dragon would bleed at a light touch. Walking became impossible. He tossed and turned in his crimson pool that had once been his bed, and he clutched a bloody stuffed animal to his chest for comfort, a stuffed animal that was only recognizable at this point by him.

Still he suffers...
ooh, I'd love this girl! I'd name her Sundrop [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=55845409][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/558455/55845409_350.png[/img][/url] The air above the Tsunami Flats is far calmer than the water itself; denizens are mainly limited to scouts, and whatever hunters circle the great shoals below. It's difficult to place Sundrop in one category or the other; every other moment is punctuated by a loud "krr-krr-krr-koo" and a flash of saffron orange breaking below the surface, and yet any fish that falls victim is swiftly released from her claws. Up she climbs again, leaving a trail of mist through the sky, until she falls once more. That is not to say she's a poor hunter; if the necessity is present, she can easily capture enough to feed her clan and a half, but she simply has more fun in the thrill of the chase. Any chase--birds, too, will find themselves chased by a blur of gold and blue, only to be blown away at the last second. Even the occasional dragon will be marked as her target, playing a one sided game of tag that often ends with her claw marks on their back. Needless to say, those idiosyncrasies don't make her the most popular dragon, but her otherwise cheerful and airy demeanor make her difficult to take real umbrage to.
ooh, I'd love this girl! I'd name her Sundrop
55845409_350.png

The air above the Tsunami Flats is far calmer than the water itself; denizens are mainly limited to scouts, and whatever hunters circle the great shoals below. It's difficult to place Sundrop in one category or the other; every other moment is punctuated by a loud "krr-krr-krr-koo" and a flash of saffron orange breaking below the surface, and yet any fish that falls victim is swiftly released from her claws. Up she climbs again, leaving a trail of mist through the sky, until she falls once more.

That is not to say she's a poor hunter; if the necessity is present, she can easily capture enough to feed her clan and a half, but she simply has more fun in the thrill of the chase. Any chase--birds, too, will find themselves chased by a blur of gold and blue, only to be blown away at the last second. Even the occasional dragon will be marked as her target, playing a one sided game of tag that often ends with her claw marks on their back. Needless to say, those idiosyncrasies don't make her the most popular dragon, but her otherwise cheerful and airy demeanor make her difficult to take real umbrage to.
KHUgIpL.gif sMnKARY.png fK5z2eq.gif
@RheoTastic

Aww, I adore the name Sundrop! The story you wrote for her totally suits her too! I’ll send her your way!
@RheoTastic

Aww, I adore the name Sundrop! The story you wrote for her totally suits her too! I’ll send her your way!
@O1iviaDragon Hello! I'll be writing for this lovely lad, who I'd be naming 'Aether'. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=55810220] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/558103/55810220_350.png[/img] [/url] It was the middle of the night when Aether awoke from his slumber, his fluffy frame shifting and creaking with each movement. A sound, much like the one he'd heard almost every night this week, had woken him up and while he could never seem to find the source, it seemed to be getting consistently louder. This time, it almost sounded like a whisper. "Come home... You belong with us..." The breeze whispered again, and Aether lifted his gaze to his closed window. A huff blew from his nose before he turned to lie down once more. This was his curse, after all, being able to hear others who shared his blood, should they want to contact him. A few weeks passed, this voice growing louder in his ears each night, until one morning he, sleep deprived and very annoyed, packed up to follow the pull of the mysterious stranger calling for him. What Aether didn't expect, however, was his search to lead him to the Southern Icefields (he most certainly hadn't packed for cold weather), where he wandered aimlessly about a snowy forest until he ran head-first into a tree. Or was it a tree? A snarl formed on his lips, ready to give the offending tree a good telling off, when his eyes met with the skeletal face of a [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=37541915]hooded figure[/url]. His blood ran as cold as the ice around him as he quickly backed away from the stranger, who just stared at him with dead eyes... Until a voice rang in his head. "Welcome home..."
@O1iviaDragon

Hello! I'll be writing for this lovely lad, who I'd be naming 'Aether'.

55810220_350.png

It was the middle of the night when Aether awoke from his slumber, his fluffy frame shifting and creaking with each movement. A sound, much like the one he'd heard almost every night this week, had woken him up and while he could never seem to find the source, it seemed to be getting consistently louder. This time, it almost sounded like a whisper.

"Come home... You belong with us..." The breeze whispered again, and Aether lifted his gaze to his closed window. A huff blew from his nose before he turned to lie down once more. This was his curse, after all, being able to hear others who shared his blood, should they want to contact him.

A few weeks passed, this voice growing louder in his ears each night, until one morning he, sleep deprived and very annoyed, packed up to follow the pull of the mysterious stranger calling for him.

What Aether didn't expect, however, was his search to lead him to the Southern Icefields (he most certainly hadn't packed for cold weather), where he wandered aimlessly about a snowy forest until he ran head-first into a tree.

Or was it a tree?

A snarl formed on his lips, ready to give the offending tree a good telling off, when his eyes met with the skeletal face of a hooded figure.

His blood ran as cold as the ice around him as he quickly backed away from the stranger, who just stared at him with dead eyes... Until a voice rang in his head.

"Welcome home..."
sVXeqGm.png
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 104 105