Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | Necrolocke
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 29 30
got exceptionally lucky with my first day pinkerton pull, meili is moving on to the second trial! seems mother took a very swift interest in her for better or for worse.
got exceptionally lucky with my first day pinkerton pull, meili is moving on to the second trial! seems mother took a very swift interest in her for better or for worse.

Z1RkWWM.png

H0t7Ypl.png
TW2mke5.png
n4H37dx.png
mjtJ868.png
@3idolon This seems very fun, and I've started up my own run today. Multiple dragons has definetly been an interesting choice in terms of how this run's panned out so far.
@3idolon This seems very fun, and I've started up my own run today. Multiple dragons has definetly been an interesting choice in terms of how this run's panned out so far.
rjDQAAAABJRU5ErkJggg.png
I'm way too excited to wait until i have enough energy to fully set up the thread or make it pretty, so I've got a thread set up with my first second dragon on the way here!

I didn't actually think to try praying to Mother with my first dragon because it was from fainting in coli (in an unnecessary second coli round while level 1), but does fainting in coli count as an insta-kill that we can try praying our way out of?
I'm way too excited to wait until i have enough energy to fully set up the thread or make it pretty, so I've got a thread set up with my first second dragon on the way here!

I didn't actually think to try praying to Mother with my first dragon because it was from fainting in coli (in an unnecessary second coli round while level 1), but does fainting in coli count as an insta-kill that we can try praying our way out of?
EsqTMJp.pngzJZQPOD.png
@/NotMothman Good luck! [emoji=firework size=1] @counterklock Added and subscribed <3 Good luck Marie! (also mood on doing the dailies without thinking, lol) @Nixus Added and subscribed<3 I love the tie in with Kirave and Caodai. I was going to congratulate you on your MG but I see Sly is already out [emoji=mirror scared size=1] It's making me wonder though if dragons should be able to become Wraiths in the first trial, that may be changed eventually (emoji=thinking mirror) @rockss Added and subscribed <3 Oh no Croma! Dang right off the bat. Hopefully Legacy has better luck (emoji=mirror crossed fingers). Praying to Mother can happen with any insta-kill event, including fainting in Coli, though I'm currently wondering if that should be scaled back a bit.
@/NotMothman Good luck!

@counterklock Added and subscribed <3 Good luck Marie! (also mood on doing the dailies without thinking, lol)

@Nixus Added and subscribed<3 I love the tie in with Kirave and Caodai. I was going to congratulate you on your MG but I see Sly is already out It's making me wonder though if dragons should be able to become Wraiths in the first trial, that may be changed eventually (emoji=thinking mirror)

@rockss Added and subscribed <3 Oh no Croma! Dang right off the bat. Hopefully Legacy has better luck (emoji=mirror crossed fingers). Praying to Mother can happen with any insta-kill event, including fainting in Coli, though I'm currently wondering if that should be scaled back a bit.
@@@mHwnQKP.png @@@ 3idolon.gif
@
@
@Adaejha @NotMothman @Geist @Netrix @Rhowyn @chaoticpeace @counterklock @Nixus @rockss Apologies if this is an unwanted ping (and let me know if you don't want them in the future), but y'all have Necrolocke lore threads and I have an idea to put to you. I was thinking that, for those that don't get catapulted into the 2nd trial immediately, day after day of 'waiting to be infected' might get a bit stale from a writing updates perspective. I've learned pretty quickly that this group is filled with great writers so maybe it's a non-issue, but I'm considering introducing an optional lore prompt especially for the first trial but which can apply throughout. For those looking for a randomly generated daily event, I was thinking you could take inspiration from one of Tomo's Trivia questions. Either you could let RNG determine which of her trivia questions provides the prompt, or you could just choose one of the ten (or multiple) that suits your fancy. For example this was one of Tomo's trivial questions today: [quote]This spider is named for its habit of jumping in the face of any dragon, no matter how large: Bold Jumping Spider[/quote] Obviously some questions are about Meta stuff like genes, Baldwin level, dragon rarities, etc, but maybe it could still work if they're taken as very loose, open suggestions? If anyone feels moved to try something like this out, or if you have your own suggestion, please let me know! Also, unrelated, I enjoyed reading up on all the updates today! Is there an etiquette for posting on these Pinkerton spin off threads? As in, should other people not post on a quest thread to avoid cluttering it up, or is engagement allowed/should people check first? Thanks again for helping me with Beta! [emoji=familiar heart size=1]
@Adaejha @NotMothman @Geist @Netrix @Rhowyn @chaoticpeace @counterklock @Nixus @rockss

Apologies if this is an unwanted ping (and let me know if you don't want them in the future), but y'all have Necrolocke lore threads and I have an idea to put to you.

I was thinking that, for those that don't get catapulted into the 2nd trial immediately, day after day of 'waiting to be infected' might get a bit stale from a writing updates perspective. I've learned pretty quickly that this group is filled with great writers so maybe it's a non-issue, but I'm considering introducing an optional lore prompt especially for the first trial but which can apply throughout.

For those looking for a randomly generated daily event, I was thinking you could take inspiration from one of Tomo's Trivia questions. Either you could let RNG determine which of her trivia questions provides the prompt, or you could just choose one of the ten (or multiple) that suits your fancy.

For example this was one of Tomo's trivial questions today:
Quote:
This spider is named for its habit of jumping in the face of any dragon, no matter how large: Bold Jumping Spider

Obviously some questions are about Meta stuff like genes, Baldwin level, dragon rarities, etc, but maybe it could still work if they're taken as very loose, open suggestions?

If anyone feels moved to try something like this out, or if you have your own suggestion, please let me know!

Also, unrelated, I enjoyed reading up on all the updates today! Is there an etiquette for posting on these Pinkerton spin off threads? As in, should other people not post on a quest thread to avoid cluttering it up, or is engagement allowed/should people check first? Thanks again for helping me with Beta!
@@@mHwnQKP.png @@@ 3idolon.gif
@
@
[url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/3261255]Finally managed to make my thread tonight![/url] Concerto is going... strong? Concerto is not dead yet. Let's go with that. This is my first quest or anything so I can't speak to general etiquette--but I personally wouldn't mind posting since it's pretty easy to just link to previous and later posts if people want to skip the discussion! (I don't mind the link to the spreadsheet, but now that I have a thread about it I have a preference for a link to the thread, which also contains a link to the spreadsheet. [emoji=mirror tongue size=1])
Finally managed to make my thread tonight! Concerto is going... strong? Concerto is not dead yet. Let's go with that.

This is my first quest or anything so I can't speak to general etiquette--but I personally wouldn't mind posting since it's pretty easy to just link to previous and later posts if people want to skip the discussion!

(I don't mind the link to the spreadsheet, but now that I have a thread about it I have a preference for a link to the thread, which also contains a link to the spreadsheet. )
Pings are fine!

And I like the idea of also using Tomo potentially as a prompt on days I get stuck. I've been kind of loosey-goosey using my Pinkerton pull that way. (First day was a food item so Warlock had a little snack, second day he was supposed to get a little bug visitor annoying him during his meditation but I went 'oh he could pray!' and immediately got sidetracked.)

Also not really sure about Locke etiquette with posting on the threads but I personally don't mind and I can edit a little note about not minding into my intro when I get a chance. But like fakejeremy mentioned it's not hard to link post together if it got a bit chatty in the thread.
Pings are fine!

And I like the idea of also using Tomo potentially as a prompt on days I get stuck. I've been kind of loosey-goosey using my Pinkerton pull that way. (First day was a food item so Warlock had a little snack, second day he was supposed to get a little bug visitor annoying him during his meditation but I went 'oh he could pray!' and immediately got sidetracked.)

Also not really sure about Locke etiquette with posting on the threads but I personally don't mind and I can edit a little note about not minding into my intro when I get a chance. But like fakejeremy mentioned it's not hard to link post together if it got a bit chatty in the thread.
I don't mind the ping! ♥

Not sure about Locke etiquette either, but agree with Netrix that I'm personally open to posts on my thread.

As for the lore prompts... I like the idea of using Tomo's though I've not done a whole lot of lore writing so far myself. My first playthrough is mostly focused on the mechanics and getting familiar with the rules. I'm also fully expecting to die soon lol.
I don't mind the ping! ♥

Not sure about Locke etiquette either, but agree with Netrix that I'm personally open to posts on my thread.

As for the lore prompts... I like the idea of using Tomo's though I've not done a whole lot of lore writing so far myself. My first playthrough is mostly focused on the mechanics and getting familiar with the rules. I'm also fully expecting to die soon lol.
eb27d7e15e25a08ba712c8c846ff3ec0c5a0daa0.gif79b1338b9cd35321729f70a921cc05ea1bb10776.gif292a6929fb1ddc29f950cdd8472670ed762b3fdc.gife5b881744defe27c5e962b5f9b3c649ac0a43e38.gifbb0ed79137a474b9c279887416cf4962cc889cf4.giff58b001cce81187936c5fbc37e129fa8f4644e9a.gif
Pings are totally ok! Helps me see replies better honestly.

I've seen and done a few locks where other people have posted on the thread. Some people even use engagement to help certain stories depending on the lock, though it's mostly a hungerlock.

I think the lore prompts are an interesting rout to go, since it can be hard sometimes to write something the further into a lock you go if your doing a lore heavy one.

And with the Wraith thing, I think is maybe something to consider changing. I had Sly do a prayer to mother because he would grovel for life despite his cockiness honestly, and Mother said there's consequences to your stupidity in response. Maybe next time that happens in the first trial I'll just let them die.
Pings are totally ok! Helps me see replies better honestly.

I've seen and done a few locks where other people have posted on the thread. Some people even use engagement to help certain stories depending on the lock, though it's mostly a hungerlock.

I think the lore prompts are an interesting rout to go, since it can be hard sometimes to write something the further into a lock you go if your doing a lore heavy one.

And with the Wraith thing, I think is maybe something to consider changing. I had Sly do a prayer to mother because he would grovel for life despite his cockiness honestly, and Mother said there's consequences to your stupidity in response. Maybe next time that happens in the first trial I'll just let them die.
rjDQAAAABJRU5ErkJggg.png
I love the prompt idea! Also when it comes to the etiquette for Locke threads I've seen others post and interact on threads, like if they want pings or are curious about something, personally I wouldn't mind the interactions :)
I love the prompt idea! Also when it comes to the etiquette for Locke threads I've seen others post and interact on threads, like if they want pings or are curious about something, personally I wouldn't mind the interactions :)
She/her
+3 FRT
Forums lurker
Collector of old dragons
Lore clan!

Color-Hand-15.png
95c947c87cc1e92d43ab7d172f86ce89d0a06f2b.png
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 29 30