Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | Necrolocke
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 24 25
@3idolon

Sorry to ping you again. I was rereading the rules and had a question.

Special Rule #2 where you are given an opportunity to pray to the Plaguebringer to avert your untimely demise doesn't mention a limit on how often you can do it. When I originally read it I assumed it was a one time thing but it looks like most things that can be done a limited number of times are clearly marked as such. So is this a limited mechanic or is it risky, but unlimited, 'saved by the skin of your teeth' type deal?
@3idolon

Sorry to ping you again. I was rereading the rules and had a question.

Special Rule #2 where you are given an opportunity to pray to the Plaguebringer to avert your untimely demise doesn't mention a limit on how often you can do it. When I originally read it I assumed it was a one time thing but it looks like most things that can be done a limited number of times are clearly marked as such. So is this a limited mechanic or is it risky, but unlimited, 'saved by the skin of your teeth' type deal?
Can not for the life of me focus enough to make a thread about it right this second, but I have my own proto-spreadsheet to document results. I'm also only going to be picking Mirrors with Plague eyes because this is effectively a very cool and involved way of forcing myself to generate lore for a dragon I was already going to need as part of an ongoing elemental coverage project.

(Also, if you need any help with the sheets tool, I'd be happy to assist in any way I can! I love spreadsheets.)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/16MsSBfCrFXpkWGq9E8tAIFmnlGoaw17AE8zlUI7_8cQ/edit?usp=sharing

Also, I realized the rules aren't entirely clear because it came up for me--if you get your first Trial sign from Swipp, do you actually have to be able to exchange for the item, or is just seeing it enough? I assumed the former, but it's not as clear as it could be in the post itself.
Can not for the life of me focus enough to make a thread about it right this second, but I have my own proto-spreadsheet to document results. I'm also only going to be picking Mirrors with Plague eyes because this is effectively a very cool and involved way of forcing myself to generate lore for a dragon I was already going to need as part of an ongoing elemental coverage project.

(Also, if you need any help with the sheets tool, I'd be happy to assist in any way I can! I love spreadsheets.)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/16MsSBfCrFXpkWGq9E8tAIFmnlGoaw17AE8zlUI7_8cQ/edit?usp=sharing

Also, I realized the rules aren't entirely clear because it came up for me--if you get your first Trial sign from Swipp, do you actually have to be able to exchange for the item, or is just seeing it enough? I assumed the former, but it's not as clear as it could be in the post itself.
@Netrix Hey, thanks for the question. Yeah as written that's meant to be an unlimited deal, but now that you bring my attention to it, it may be a bit much when paired with a lot of the other rules. I'll be interested to hear what you think after a play through, if you think it should remain as is or if it should be reigned in a bit. Thanks!

@fakejeremy I've linked your spreadsheet XD but let me know if you'd rather I didn't. I'm very excited to hear about your Necrolocke-as-lore-generator experience. That's sort of my intent with the subspecies in a nutshell so I'm interested to hear how things work out. Thank you for your offer of spreadsheet help, I very well may take you up on it.

In regards to your question, just seeing the trade is enough (more chances to pass but also more chances to die). Since you don't actually receive an item (like you do with Pinkerton) you just throw an equivalent item in Baldwin in the event of a bone item. I hope that makes sense!
@Netrix Hey, thanks for the question. Yeah as written that's meant to be an unlimited deal, but now that you bring my attention to it, it may be a bit much when paired with a lot of the other rules. I'll be interested to hear what you think after a play through, if you think it should remain as is or if it should be reigned in a bit. Thanks!

@fakejeremy I've linked your spreadsheet XD but let me know if you'd rather I didn't. I'm very excited to hear about your Necrolocke-as-lore-generator experience. That's sort of my intent with the subspecies in a nutshell so I'm interested to hear how things work out. Thank you for your offer of spreadsheet help, I very well may take you up on it.

In regards to your question, just seeing the trade is enough (more chances to pass but also more chances to die). Since you don't actually receive an item (like you do with Pinkerton) you just throw an equivalent item in Baldwin in the event of a bone item. I hope that makes sense!
@@@mHwnQKP.png @@@ 3idolon.gif
@
@
@3idolon Thank you! I'm keeping my fingers crossed she doesn't outright die during her Trials. If she doesn't survive, then it's just a sign she was unworthy in Mother's eyes! [emoji=aberration winking size=1]
@3idolon Thank you! I'm keeping my fingers crossed she doesn't outright die during her Trials. If she doesn't survive, then it's just a sign she was unworthy in Mother's eyes!
eb27d7e15e25a08ba712c8c846ff3ec0c5a0daa0.gif79b1338b9cd35321729f70a921cc05ea1bb10776.gif292a6929fb1ddc29f950cdd8472670ed762b3fdc.gife5b881744defe27c5e962b5f9b3c649ac0a43e38.gifbb0ed79137a474b9c279887416cf4962cc889cf4.giff58b001cce81187936c5fbc37e129fa8f4644e9a.gif
[s]@/3idolon I don't know if this was talked about somewhere that I missed, but what are the rules for dragon colors? Do participants need to match Necromancer color rules?[/s] I just found the blurb about post-challenge successes. I'll post once I've got a thread going. This looks like fun [emoji=sandsurge laughing size=1]
@/3idolon
I don't know if this was talked about somewhere that I missed, but what are the rules for dragon colors? Do participants need to match Necromancer color rules?

I just found the blurb about post-challenge successes. I'll post once I've got a thread going. This looks like fun

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0
teardrop_owlynx.png
1 2 3 4
Zarteicha
FR +3 [] She / They

tqGkHih.png
SEIqIGe.png
jI9KbMj.png
@3idolon

this looks super interesting, honestly! i decided to try my hand at one and look forward to seeing how it plays out!
@3idolon

this looks super interesting, honestly! i decided to try my hand at one and look forward to seeing how it plays out!

Z1RkWWM.png

H0t7Ypl.png
TW2mke5.png
n4H37dx.png
mjtJ868.png
@Zarteicha It looks like your question has been answered, but yes the trial dragon should not yet be a Necromancer. Thanks for your interest, I'll keep an eye out for your thread!

@chaoticpeace Added and subscribed <3 I'm crossing my fingers for Meili, she seems to be coming from a complicated and difficult past. Ahh I can't get so attached to all these Necrolocke dragons!
@Zarteicha It looks like your question has been answered, but yes the trial dragon should not yet be a Necromancer. Thanks for your interest, I'll keep an eye out for your thread!

@chaoticpeace Added and subscribed <3 I'm crossing my fingers for Meili, she seems to be coming from a complicated and difficult past. Ahh I can't get so attached to all these Necrolocke dragons!
@
@
I considered doing a proper Necrolocke thread but honestly don't think I'll have the chance to keep on top of the writing, so going to keep track through [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/87173022]Vechny's bio[/url]. I'm hoping to go the distance with this girl, get her to Necromancer and then keep taking the trials with her until Necrolocke comes out of Beta.... >.> [s]please don't die[/s] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/87173022][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/871731/87173022_350.png[/img][/url][/center]
I considered doing a proper Necrolocke thread but honestly don't think I'll have the chance to keep on top of the writing, so going to keep track through Vechny's bio. I'm hoping to go the distance with this girl, get her to Necromancer and then keep taking the trials with her until Necrolocke comes out of Beta.... >.> please don't die

87173022_350.png
@
@
My dragons got their sign from the Plaguebringer and have passed their first trial!! I’m starting coli today, wish me luck
My dragons got their sign from the Plaguebringer and have passed their first trial!! I’m starting coli today, wish me luck
She/her
+3 FRT
Forums lurker
Collector of old dragons
Lore clan!

Color-Hand-15.png
95c947c87cc1e92d43ab7d172f86ce89d0a06f2b.png
I set up my Necrolocke thread this morning! *RUBS PAWS TOGETHER*
I set up my Necrolocke thread this morning! *RUBS PAWS TOGETHER*
xxxxxxxxxx xxxxx
sH4AnLI.png
CK | she/they | FR + 1