Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | Necrolocke
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 25 26
@Rhowyn I asked the same question! This was the response: [quote name="3idolon" date="2023-07-30 19:51:18" ] In regards to your question, just seeing the trade is enough (more chances to pass but also more chances to die). Since you don't actually receive an item (like you do with Pinkerton) you just throw an equivalent item in Baldwin in the event of a bone item. I hope that makes sense! [/quote] @3idolon I also had a different question--I have a very particular "goal Necromancer" in mind at the moment unrelated to my original basis for doing Necrolockes ("unfortunately" I got a little too inspired by perusing the Council rules and now I have more ideas and want to play a specific character there but want him to organically go through the Trials first). Say for example I wanted to end with an Aberration based on this particular lore piece: [quote name="Aberration Necromancer Lore"]Necromancers who stand sentry over the Trial Grounds warn that some untested dragons have also attempted the Trials and changed before their eyes, as if pushed by Mother into a higher level of evolution.[/quote] Is there a method in mind for simulating that? There are a number of ways it could work, but I'm not sure which one would be best in terms of play.
@Rhowyn I asked the same question! This was the response:
3idolon wrote on 2023-07-30 19:51:18:
In regards to your question, just seeing the trade is enough (more chances to pass but also more chances to die). Since you don't actually receive an item (like you do with Pinkerton) you just throw an equivalent item in Baldwin in the event of a bone item. I hope that makes sense!

@3idolon I also had a different question--I have a very particular "goal Necromancer" in mind at the moment unrelated to my original basis for doing Necrolockes ("unfortunately" I got a little too inspired by perusing the Council rules and now I have more ideas and want to play a specific character there but want him to organically go through the Trials first). Say for example I wanted to end with an Aberration based on this particular lore piece:
Aberration Necromancer Lore wrote:
Necromancers who stand sentry over the Trial Grounds warn that some untested dragons have also attempted the Trials and changed before their eyes, as if pushed by Mother into a higher level of evolution.
Is there a method in mind for simulating that? There are a number of ways it could work, but I'm not sure which one would be best in terms of play.
@fakejeremy Ah! Excellent, thank you!
@fakejeremy Ah! Excellent, thank you!
eb27d7e15e25a08ba712c8c846ff3ec0c5a0daa0.gif79b1338b9cd35321729f70a921cc05ea1bb10776.gif292a6929fb1ddc29f950cdd8472670ed762b3fdc.gife5b881744defe27c5e962b5f9b3c649ac0a43e38.gifbb0ed79137a474b9c279887416cf4962cc889cf4.giff58b001cce81187936c5fbc37e129fa8f4644e9a.gif
I've made my thread (finally): Studies of Fever

I'm theming the thread as an observation/experiment log written by my Necromancer, Hemorrhagic, with each dragon who takes the trials being a "Subject" in her log. I'm starting with one dragon right now, but I'm planning a multi-dragon and a Veilspun run.

I'm fine with interactions in the thread. I'd also be cool with interactions with Hemorrhagic (it can help me flesh out her lore alongside my trial goer/goers).
I've made my thread (finally): Studies of Fever

I'm theming the thread as an observation/experiment log written by my Necromancer, Hemorrhagic, with each dragon who takes the trials being a "Subject" in her log. I'm starting with one dragon right now, but I'm planning a multi-dragon and a Veilspun run.

I'm fine with interactions in the thread. I'd also be cool with interactions with Hemorrhagic (it can help me flesh out her lore alongside my trial goer/goers).

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0
teardrop_owlynx.png
1 2 3 4
Zarteicha
FR +3 [] She / They

tqGkHih.png
SEIqIGe.png
jI9KbMj.png
(sorry all, long day, I'll reply properly tomorrow but thank you for all your responses!) @fakejeremy I've updated the directory with your thread link and subscribed! Regarding the Aberration lore, that's an interesting question. I'll have to give it some thought, but my initial suggestion would be the mutation of a modern dragon into an Aberration could be signaled by a very specific drop. I probably wouldn't code them into the main rules as it's such a bit of niche lore (and some people might not want Aberrations), but in a personal game I think it could be easily done. Of course if becoming an Aberration is a goal, vs a fun rng event, I probably wouldn't make it a specific drop (which can get frustrating over the course of many Necrolockes) and more something you work toward to trigger. That way even if it's hard to do you have a feeling of progress. Feel free to share your thoughts as well! @Zarteicha Added and subscribed <3 I [i]love[/i] the idea of Necrolocke as research study [emoji=mirror love size=1]
(sorry all, long day, I'll reply properly tomorrow but thank you for all your responses!)

@fakejeremy I've updated the directory with your thread link and subscribed! Regarding the Aberration lore, that's an interesting question. I'll have to give it some thought, but my initial suggestion would be the mutation of a modern dragon into an Aberration could be signaled by a very specific drop. I probably wouldn't code them into the main rules as it's such a bit of niche lore (and some people might not want Aberrations), but in a personal game I think it could be easily done. Of course if becoming an Aberration is a goal, vs a fun rng event, I probably wouldn't make it a specific drop (which can get frustrating over the course of many Necrolockes) and more something you work toward to trigger. That way even if it's hard to do you have a feeling of progress. Feel free to share your thoughts as well!

@Zarteicha Added and subscribed <3 I love the idea of Necrolocke as research study
@@@mHwnQKP.png @@@ 3idolon.gif
@
@
I also made my Necrolocke thread starting yesterday, Fever Visions. I don't really have a specific lore for it, I'm just going with whatever vibes I get from my dragon. I'm also trying to make my lore for each day directly inspired by the Pinkerton drop / whatever drops I get from Coli
I also made my Necrolocke thread starting yesterday, Fever Visions. I don't really have a specific lore for it, I'm just going with whatever vibes I get from my dragon. I'm also trying to make my lore for each day directly inspired by the Pinkerton drop / whatever drops I get from Coli
MUYNhfy.png
Tl1dGxE.png
Al1BEGR.png
zvtelu6.png
@3idolon Thank you!

My thoughts were, regarding a potential RNG event, it could be like the eye drops, where it's an option at the end if you get the drop, but not mandatory. Since it's niche lore and it's very rare, maybe it's only one specific Aberration gene that drops in the Coli? Out of the four (Diamond, Spade, Flecks, and Polkadot) Flecks feels the most appropriate to me personally.

Insofar as a goal, I would say probably that they would have to be played on Normal or Hard, since that indicates a "similar temperament." Apart from that, maybe something related to the Determination dragon since that comes up in their lore as well? I'm struggling a little on this part because I was thinking maybe it would trigger after a certain number of consecutive battles without the Determination dragon fainting, but I just made it through 6 consecutive battles with Concerto (admittedly at level 2) with zero faints on the team at all and I'm not sure if I just got lucky or it's related to being in the Training Fields or what (I admittedly don't Coli much for grinding reasons). Maybe Determination has to level up three times without fainting and can't faint in the Trial of Contagion? I'm not sure; most of the difficulty for me so far has been rarity of drops rather than death in the Coli itself, but I've also been probably over-cautious before today (and may have still been today).
@3idolon Thank you!

My thoughts were, regarding a potential RNG event, it could be like the eye drops, where it's an option at the end if you get the drop, but not mandatory. Since it's niche lore and it's very rare, maybe it's only one specific Aberration gene that drops in the Coli? Out of the four (Diamond, Spade, Flecks, and Polkadot) Flecks feels the most appropriate to me personally.

Insofar as a goal, I would say probably that they would have to be played on Normal or Hard, since that indicates a "similar temperament." Apart from that, maybe something related to the Determination dragon since that comes up in their lore as well? I'm struggling a little on this part because I was thinking maybe it would trigger after a certain number of consecutive battles without the Determination dragon fainting, but I just made it through 6 consecutive battles with Concerto (admittedly at level 2) with zero faints on the team at all and I'm not sure if I just got lucky or it's related to being in the Training Fields or what (I admittedly don't Coli much for grinding reasons). Maybe Determination has to level up three times without fainting and can't faint in the Trial of Contagion? I'm not sure; most of the difficulty for me so far has been rarity of drops rather than death in the Coli itself, but I've also been probably over-cautious before today (and may have still been today).
i may have gotten a bit overly cocky in my coli fighting and led to poor meili's demise, whoops-- things to definitely be more cautious of the next go around, though i do think i want to grab a small horde of mirrors and go for the crim trade moment for 5 dragons this time to get a better sample size!

probably also using a bit of rng to determine some character traits and personalities for these five and letting a story build from there since i think that itself is a neat writing challenge for sure
i may have gotten a bit overly cocky in my coli fighting and led to poor meili's demise, whoops-- things to definitely be more cautious of the next go around, though i do think i want to grab a small horde of mirrors and go for the crim trade moment for 5 dragons this time to get a better sample size!

probably also using a bit of rng to determine some character traits and personalities for these five and letting a story build from there since i think that itself is a neat writing challenge for sure

Z1RkWWM.png

H0t7Ypl.png
TW2mke5.png
n4H37dx.png
mjtJ868.png
Well I [i]was[/i] going to start a second Necrolocke to see if it’s better to go with one dragon, I got blue goo. So everyone meet Eotua [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/85750208][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/857503/85750208_350.png[/img][/url] If he fails I’ll keep him as a record of all the failures [s]so I don’t clog my thread up with sadness[/s] HE GOT A BERSERKER IMMEDIATELY OH GODS
Well I was going to start a second Necrolocke to see if it’s better to go with one dragon, I got blue goo. So everyone meet Eotua

85750208_350.png

If he fails I’ll keep him as a record of all the failures so I don’t clog my thread up with sadness

HE GOT A BERSERKER IMMEDIATELY OH GODS
She/her
+3 FRT
Forums lurker
Collector of old dragons
Lore clan!

Color-Hand-15.png
95c947c87cc1e92d43ab7d172f86ce89d0a06f2b.png
@3idolon sorry if this has been covered somewhere already, but if a hatchling grows up during the trial of survival do we just keep using hatchling rules anyway or do things change?
@3idolon sorry if this has been covered somewhere already, but if a hatchling grows up during the trial of survival do we just keep using hatchling rules anyway or do things change?
EsqTMJp.pngzJZQPOD.png
@rockss Once the dragon is an adult you can switch to the normal rules (emoji=mirror thumbs up)
@rockss Once the dragon is an adult you can switch to the normal rules (emoji=mirror thumbs up)
@@@mHwnQKP.png @@@ 3idolon.gif
@
@
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 25 26