Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [Pinkerlocke] Seeking Asylum
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
[center][item=tracker engine] [i]A dreamless sleep.[/i] @Amberfox @TETRAHEDR0N [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/76951623][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/769517/76951623.png[/img][/url] [size=7][color=red]Pricklepear[/color][/size] [/center] Pricklepear never really understood her brothers. Sure, her and Seelie had the common ground of their shared charge, their love for the little pearlcatcher they had sworn their lives to. But she couldn't understand the feelings behind his methods, the reasoning why. She can't help but wonder what purpose sacrificing himself in this way serves. Collwen is inconsolable, buried deep in the tangles of his sister's mane. Tirva makes no move to dislodge him, her gaze fixed on the freshly overturned dirt where Seelie will dream forevermore. Pricklepear feels she ought to be angry, she ought to hate the pair for what's happened here, for the irreversible hurt Aurum has faced at their hands. But when she meets the imperial's gaze, she sees nothing but hurt there, and even she can't bring herself to see meek little Collwen as any sort of threat. Aurum brushes wildflower seeds from one of Cornflower's pouches into the dirt atop the burial site, and for once in his life, he does not cry. The calm expression he bears looks wrong on him, and Pricklepear wishes more than anything she could tear it away. She never understood all those things Seelie said about emotional hurt, the way her pearlcatcher brother wept so openly was seemingly impossible to avoid. And yet, watching him now, she begins to understand. Pricklepear stands over her brother's final resting place until the sun is swallowed by the horizon, until the rest of the convoy has dispersed to sleep. Slowly, careful not to disturb Aurum's work, she lies to rest with him. "Tomorrow," she growls as though her brother will hear through the dirt and death separating them, "we will wake up without you." The world seems to hold its breath while she waits for an answer that will never come. And then, in a rush like the world resuming, it begins to rain. She spreads her wing across her brother's grave as though to shield him from it. "You're an idiot," she accuses him, though her words come out soft. "He would have cried for Collwen."
Tracker Engine
A dreamless sleep.
@Amberfox @TETRAHEDR0N
76951623.png
Pricklepear
Pricklepear never really understood her brothers. Sure, her and Seelie had the common ground of their shared charge, their love for the little pearlcatcher they had sworn their lives to. But she couldn't understand the feelings behind his methods, the reasoning why. She can't help but wonder what purpose sacrificing himself in this way serves.

Collwen is inconsolable, buried deep in the tangles of his sister's mane. Tirva makes no move to dislodge him, her gaze fixed on the freshly overturned dirt where Seelie will dream forevermore. Pricklepear feels she ought to be angry, she ought to hate the pair for what's happened here, for the irreversible hurt Aurum has faced at their hands. But when she meets the imperial's gaze, she sees nothing but hurt there, and even she can't bring herself to see meek little Collwen as any sort of threat.

Aurum brushes wildflower seeds from one of Cornflower's pouches into the dirt atop the burial site, and for once in his life, he does not cry. The calm expression he bears looks wrong on him, and Pricklepear wishes more than anything she could tear it away. She never understood all those things Seelie said about emotional hurt, the way her pearlcatcher brother wept so openly was seemingly impossible to avoid. And yet, watching him now, she begins to understand.

Pricklepear stands over her brother's final resting place until the sun is swallowed by the horizon, until the rest of the convoy has dispersed to sleep. Slowly, careful not to disturb Aurum's work, she lies to rest with him.

"Tomorrow," she growls as though her brother will hear through the dirt and death separating them, "we will wake up without you."

The world seems to hold its breath while she waits for an answer that will never come. And then, in a rush like the world resuming, it begins to rain. She spreads her wing across her brother's grave as though to shield him from it.

"You're an idiot," she accuses him, though her words come out soft. "He would have cried for Collwen."
[center][item=berry and nut trail bar] [i]Fresh wind blowing.[/i] @Amberfox @TETRAHEDR0N [/center] Happy mistral jamboree! I also got a scroll from Pinkerton and while I thought about making it a bonus lore thing I decided today I'll just do the coliseum requirements from the food drop. I have other plans for today and they're totally super important and not in game events in one of my favourite video games for sure Today's party is Quellion (level 5), Mellin (level 5), and Pricklepear (level 6). I will be going to the woodland path. Got a few good drops today. Nothing crazy, but I got a few familiars and some basic battle stones. Everything went very smoothly. [b]Mellin is now level 6, and Pricklepear is now level 7.[/b]
Berry and Nut Trail Bar
Fresh wind blowing.
@Amberfox @TETRAHEDR0N

Happy mistral jamboree! I also got a scroll from Pinkerton and while I thought about making it a bonus lore thing I decided today I'll just do the coliseum requirements from the food drop. I have other plans for today and they're totally super important and not in game events in one of my favourite video games for sure

Today's party is Quellion (level 5), Mellin (level 5), and Pricklepear (level 6). I will be going to the woodland path.

Got a few good drops today. Nothing crazy, but I got a few familiars and some basic battle stones. Everything went very smoothly. Mellin is now level 6, and Pricklepear is now level 7.
[center][item=Spessartine Arm Enhancement (Front)] [i]Life after death.[/i] @Amberfox @TETRAHEDR0N [/center] I had exactly enough lair space for the nest of eggs I have that will hatch TOMORROW and Pinkerton throws this at me. what the hell. And of course, I rolled a 5 for my new "nest". 2 dead, 3 survivors. SOME mercy on my lair space but BARELY. The hatchlings are really lovely though. Two Pricklepear lore posts in a row!? what is this, favoritism city? [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/76951623][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/769517/76951623.png[/img][/url] [size=7][color=red]Pricklepear[/color][/size] [/center] Pricklepear rises with the sun, and this is nothing new. Vigilance has always come naturally to her, ears and eyes focused for danger. What is new is a set of foreign sounds, a rustling in the brush that provides natural cover for their temporary resting place. She prepares herself for the inevitable threat that will leap out at her, pulling her body into a controlled stance and growling a low warning to the foreign creature in the brush. Instead of a monster or angry member of a local beastclan, what barrels out of the leaves and into the wall of her body are three hatchlings, who immediately recoil upon contact with the angry guardian standing over them. One of them rears their brightly coloured head back and hisses back up at her, the fans on their head flared to their full, unimpressive size. Really, Pricklepear is more afraid of an angry Seaset than this little hatchling, and the fae is probably smaller. Gently, so as not to really hurt the little thing, Pricklepear swats the hatchling off balance, drawing a startled yelp from them. "Hey!" the more muted orange hatchling shouts, but the final hatchling pulls them back from trying to bite at Pricklepear's thick scales. "You should know not to pick a fight with someone stronger than you," Pricklepear growls, watching the brightly coloured hatchling scramble back to their feet. "We've got you out- out- uhh..." the orange hatchling trails off, looking to what is probably their sibling. "Outnumbered," the dullest of the three supplies, and the orange hatchling regains their enthusiasm. "Outnumbered!" they declare, standing to their full height. "Doesn't matter you're stronger, there's way more of us!" Pricklepear can't help but laugh at the declaration. "Is there now?" "Yeah!" the fiery hatchling shouts. "We got teamwork! We can take you!" "Cinder..." the one who seems to be the voice of reason speaks up again, frowning at their sibling before turning to look up at Pricklepear, wide eyed and fearful. Something about it makes the guardian's heart soften. Pricklepear sighs, lowering herself to be closer to the hatchlings' level, noting the way the now identified Cinder yelps and scrambles backwards at the movement, suddenly dropping all the bravado they had a moment ago. "You are no threat to me or to my charge. I don't pick fights that aren't necessary," she huffs. "You are in no real danger from me. It's everything else you have to worry about. You're too young to be out here on your own. Go home." The brightest hatchling, who up until this moment was quiet, wails at the suggestion, a wordless noise somewhere between a shout and a sob. The other yet-unnamed hatchling rushes to their side, and Cinder glares. "Look what you did!" they growl. "You made Blaze upset! You're mean!" Pricklepear's eyes widen and she freezes, uncertain. Emotional support is hardly her strong suit, even Aurum admitting to her that her attempts at comfort in the wake of their brother's loss are pale imitations. She's lucky in that moment that someone else finds them. Judging from the gaps between footsteps, she's fairly sure it's Mellin, and her suspicion is confirmed when a blur of yellow and pink scales shoots through her peripheral. "It's okay!" the nocturne is quick to assure, and if Pricklepear didn't know any better she'd think that Mellin had been listening in on them. "You don't have to go anywhere," she continues, and Pricklepear realizes she didn't know better, and wonders how long Mellin has been eavesdropping without being noticed. "Pricklepear is just trying to protect you, okay? She doesn't mean it that you have to go home if you don't want to." For what feels like an eternity, Pricklepear watches absently as Mellin reassures the hatchlings and eventually herds them over to the rest of the convoy. Then, the nocturne turns to her and smiles brightly. "You're a lot nicer than I gave you credit for, y'know?" Mellin says, and Pricklepear bristles. "You're always all doom and gloom and 'don't ever talk to me or my brother ever again'," Mellin's voice drops deep for a moment in what Pricklepear thinks [i]might[/i] be supposed to be an imitation of hers, "but you really aren't that scary." Instead of responding to that, Pricklepear growls, "How long were you watching me?" Mellin laughs, "Long enough," and is gone in a smear of brightly coloured scales before Pricklepear can even find the words to chew her out. She grumbles to herself for a moment, before beginning to trudge slowly after the disappearing nocturne. She supposes she has a few new family members to take care of. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/93870796][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/938708/93870796.png[/img][/url] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/93870797][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/938708/93870797.png[/img][/url] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/93870799][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/938708/93870799.png[/img][/url]
Spessartine Arm Enhancement (Front)
Life after death.
@Amberfox @TETRAHEDR0N

I had exactly enough lair space for the nest of eggs I have that will hatch TOMORROW and Pinkerton throws this at me. what the hell. And of course, I rolled a 5 for my new "nest".
2 dead, 3 survivors. SOME mercy on my lair space but BARELY. The hatchlings are really lovely though.

Two Pricklepear lore posts in a row!? what is this, favoritism city?
76951623.png
Pricklepear
Pricklepear rises with the sun, and this is nothing new. Vigilance has always come naturally to her, ears and eyes focused for danger. What is new is a set of foreign sounds, a rustling in the brush that provides natural cover for their temporary resting place. She prepares herself for the inevitable threat that will leap out at her, pulling her body into a controlled stance and growling a low warning to the foreign creature in the brush.

Instead of a monster or angry member of a local beastclan, what barrels out of the leaves and into the wall of her body are three hatchlings, who immediately recoil upon contact with the angry guardian standing over them. One of them rears their brightly coloured head back and hisses back up at her, the fans on their head flared to their full, unimpressive size. Really, Pricklepear is more afraid of an angry Seaset than this little hatchling, and the fae is probably smaller. Gently, so as not to really hurt the little thing, Pricklepear swats the hatchling off balance, drawing a startled yelp from them.

"Hey!" the more muted orange hatchling shouts, but the final hatchling pulls them back from trying to bite at Pricklepear's thick scales.

"You should know not to pick a fight with someone stronger than you," Pricklepear growls, watching the brightly coloured hatchling scramble back to their feet.

"We've got you out- out- uhh..." the orange hatchling trails off, looking to what is probably their sibling.

"Outnumbered," the dullest of the three supplies, and the orange hatchling regains their enthusiasm.

"Outnumbered!" they declare, standing to their full height. "Doesn't matter you're stronger, there's way more of us!"

Pricklepear can't help but laugh at the declaration. "Is there now?"

"Yeah!" the fiery hatchling shouts. "We got teamwork! We can take you!"

"Cinder..." the one who seems to be the voice of reason speaks up again, frowning at their sibling before turning to look up at Pricklepear, wide eyed and fearful. Something about it makes the guardian's heart soften.

Pricklepear sighs, lowering herself to be closer to the hatchlings' level, noting the way the now identified Cinder yelps and scrambles backwards at the movement, suddenly dropping all the bravado they had a moment ago.

"You are no threat to me or to my charge. I don't pick fights that aren't necessary," she huffs. "You are in no real danger from me. It's everything else you have to worry about. You're too young to be out here on your own. Go home."

The brightest hatchling, who up until this moment was quiet, wails at the suggestion, a wordless noise somewhere between a shout and a sob. The other yet-unnamed hatchling rushes to their side, and Cinder glares.

"Look what you did!" they growl. "You made Blaze upset! You're mean!"

Pricklepear's eyes widen and she freezes, uncertain. Emotional support is hardly her strong suit, even Aurum admitting to her that her attempts at comfort in the wake of their brother's loss are pale imitations.

She's lucky in that moment that someone else finds them. Judging from the gaps between footsteps, she's fairly sure it's Mellin, and her suspicion is confirmed when a blur of yellow and pink scales shoots through her peripheral.

"It's okay!" the nocturne is quick to assure, and if Pricklepear didn't know any better she'd think that Mellin had been listening in on them. "You don't have to go anywhere," she continues, and Pricklepear realizes she didn't know better, and wonders how long Mellin has been eavesdropping without being noticed. "Pricklepear is just trying to protect you, okay? She doesn't mean it that you have to go home if you don't want to."

For what feels like an eternity, Pricklepear watches absently as Mellin reassures the hatchlings and eventually herds them over to the rest of the convoy. Then, the nocturne turns to her and smiles brightly.

"You're a lot nicer than I gave you credit for, y'know?" Mellin says, and Pricklepear bristles. "You're always all doom and gloom and 'don't ever talk to me or my brother ever again'," Mellin's voice drops deep for a moment in what Pricklepear thinks might be supposed to be an imitation of hers, "but you really aren't that scary."

Instead of responding to that, Pricklepear growls, "How long were you watching me?"

Mellin laughs, "Long enough," and is gone in a smear of brightly coloured scales before Pricklepear can even find the words to chew her out.

She grumbles to herself for a moment, before beginning to trudge slowly after the disappearing nocturne. She supposes she has a few new family members to take care of.

93870796.png 93870797.png 93870799.png
[center][item=barhide menace] [i]An ancient wanderlust.[/i] @Amberfox @TETRAHEDR0N [/center] pinkerton please my NEST!! I'll never get to hatch it at this rate!! I rolled sandsurge, so here one is. Very lovely dragon. I will be writing up some lore to put in her bio, and updating the bios for the hatchlings from the other day (forgot to put anything there... oops) [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/93780297][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/937803/93780297.png[/img][/url] If I'm not too tired later and nothing else comes up for me today, I [i]might[/i] also do the coliseum rounds for yesterday's drop (it was a meat drop, but I was out of the house for most of the day and I did NOT want to put that much work into doing that many coliseum rounds on my phone)
Barhide Menace
An ancient wanderlust.
@Amberfox @TETRAHEDR0N

pinkerton please my NEST!! I'll never get to hatch it at this rate!!
I rolled sandsurge, so here one is. Very lovely dragon. I will be writing up some lore to put in her bio, and updating the bios for the hatchlings from the other day (forgot to put anything there... oops)
93780297.png
If I'm not too tired later and nothing else comes up for me today, I might also do the coliseum rounds for yesterday's drop (it was a meat drop, but I was out of the house for most of the day and I did NOT want to put that much work into doing that many coliseum rounds on my phone)
[center][item=blooming vine] [i]Survivor's guilt.[/i] @Amberfox @TETRAHEDR0N [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/76941011][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/769411/76941011.png[/img][/url] [color=gray][size=7]Collwen[/size][/color] [/center] It's all his fault. It's all his fault. Collwen must have tangled himself irreversibly into the fibers of Tirva's mane by now, he thinks, he hopes, because leaving would mean being vulnerable and being vulnerable would mean getting someone else killed. He isn't afraid of his own death, no, maybe that would be a mercy. Not for him of course, but for those trying to protect him and failing, dying, trading their lives for his. He never considered that Cycloknight's death could be his fault, but it must be, really, looking back on it. Surely somehow she was protecting him and she got herself killed for it. Seelie certainly was. With the way the guardian collapsed under the weight of the attack meant for him, Collwen is fairly certain there would have been nothing left of him to bury if that blow had hit its intended target. But there was something left of Seelie, there [i]is[/i] something left of Seelie, there is something left of Cycloknight somewhere far behind him on the convoy's long road to home. Tirva's body vibrates below him as his sister begins to hum softly, that small comfort she provides him despite everything. He lies as still as he can and still he trembles, and still she hums, some soft and soothing melody that makes itself at home somewhere in Collwen's aching chest. All at once, like the strings holding him up are cut, Collwen collapses into an uneasy sleep.
Blooming Vine
Survivor's guilt.
@Amberfox @TETRAHEDR0N
76941011.png
Collwen

It's all his fault. It's all his fault. Collwen must have tangled himself irreversibly into the fibers of Tirva's mane by now, he thinks, he hopes, because leaving would mean being vulnerable and being vulnerable would mean getting someone else killed. He isn't afraid of his own death, no, maybe that would be a mercy. Not for him of course, but for those trying to protect him and failing, dying, trading their lives for his.

He never considered that Cycloknight's death could be his fault, but it must be, really, looking back on it. Surely somehow she was protecting him and she got herself killed for it. Seelie certainly was. With the way the guardian collapsed under the weight of the attack meant for him, Collwen is fairly certain there would have been nothing left of him to bury if that blow had hit its intended target. But there was something left of Seelie, there is something left of Seelie, there is something left of Cycloknight somewhere far behind him on the convoy's long road to home.

Tirva's body vibrates below him as his sister begins to hum softly, that small comfort she provides him despite everything. He lies as still as he can and still he trembles, and still she hums, some soft and soothing melody that makes itself at home somewhere in Collwen's aching chest.

All at once, like the strings holding him up are cut, Collwen collapses into an uneasy sleep.
[center][item=sheep] [i]An alliance of convenience.[/i] @Amberfox @TETRAHEDR0N [/center] I brought Quellion (level 5), Mellin (level 6), and Panacea (level 6) to the woodland path. Technically this drop is the one from a few days ago that I wasn't able to do, but I wanted to farm coliseum a bit today anyway and the writing drop I should have gotten for today wasn't coming together at all, so I decided you know what, instead of struggling through a writing post that is not going to be up to my standards, I'll just do that meat drop I missed. This is likely to just be a one time thing, I usually only collect my pinkerton drops if I'm going to do the pinkerlocke task associated with it anyway. Drops were pretty good today. I got a few battle stones and familiars. Mellin had a VERY close call thanks to some unlucky crits and enemy targeting, but she made it out alright. [b]Quellion is now level 7, Mellin is now level 7, and Panacea is now level 7.[/b] Getting pretty close to having to move up a stage again with these guys which is a little scary, but also pretty exciting. I've gotten way farther with this than I ever really expected to I think. I've never been the best at picking through the coliseum this way and I'm pretty sure I expected this whole thing to end pretty quickly to an unlucky death streak. Forgive me for getting a bit sappy, but I really am glad I came back to doing this even after taking such a long break, because I forgot just how important it all was to me. If you're reading this, whether it's now when I'm posting it or you're someone from years into the future looking back on how different everything used to be, thanks for using your time to read my silly little lore and my stupid little ramblings. It means a lot to me.
Sheep
An alliance of convenience.
@Amberfox @TETRAHEDR0N

I brought Quellion (level 5), Mellin (level 6), and Panacea (level 6) to the woodland path.

Technically this drop is the one from a few days ago that I wasn't able to do, but I wanted to farm coliseum a bit today anyway and the writing drop I should have gotten for today wasn't coming together at all, so I decided you know what, instead of struggling through a writing post that is not going to be up to my standards, I'll just do that meat drop I missed. This is likely to just be a one time thing, I usually only collect my pinkerton drops if I'm going to do the pinkerlocke task associated with it anyway.

Drops were pretty good today. I got a few battle stones and familiars. Mellin had a VERY close call thanks to some unlucky crits and enemy targeting, but she made it out alright. Quellion is now level 7, Mellin is now level 7, and Panacea is now level 7.

Getting pretty close to having to move up a stage again with these guys which is a little scary, but also pretty exciting. I've gotten way farther with this than I ever really expected to I think. I've never been the best at picking through the coliseum this way and I'm pretty sure I expected this whole thing to end pretty quickly to an unlucky death streak. Forgive me for getting a bit sappy, but I really am glad I came back to doing this even after taking such a long break, because I forgot just how important it all was to me.

If you're reading this, whether it's now when I'm posting it or you're someone from years into the future looking back on how different everything used to be, thanks for using your time to read my silly little lore and my stupid little ramblings. It means a lot to me.
[center][item=calico chimera] [i]Coming of age.[/i] @Amberfox @TETRAHEDR0N [/center] I am bringing Cinder, Ash, and Blaze to the training fields, they are all level 1. The battles were generally uneventful. I may have thought for a second that I would somehow manage to lose someone, but I didn't! I was just getting absurdly unlucky in the first few rounds and every single hit from an enemy was a crit. they didn't hit enough times for it to matter fortunately. [b]Cinder is now level 4. Ash is now level 4. Blaze is now level 4.[/b]
Calico Chimera
Coming of age.
@Amberfox @TETRAHEDR0N
I am bringing Cinder, Ash, and Blaze to the training fields, they are all level 1.

The battles were generally uneventful. I may have thought for a second that I would somehow manage to lose someone, but I didn't! I was just getting absurdly unlucky in the first few rounds and every single hit from an enemy was a crit. they didn't hit enough times for it to matter fortunately.

Cinder is now level 4. Ash is now level 4. Blaze is now level 4.
[center][item=onyx] @Amberfox @TETRAHEDR0N[/center] Proof of life post above all else. I was going to try to avoid making posts like these where I don't really do anything but explain why I've been missing but MAN the past week or so has been crazy and for my own sake more than anything I wanted to do SOME kind of post. I won't get into too much detail, there's a lot that happened, but the end result is I'm pretty out of it. I wanted to get right back into the swing of things here but I'm just a bit too out of it for a full lore post right now as the drop would require, and I need to do some coliseum grinding today anyway (mainly to catch my food stores back up to where I want them to be) so I'm going to treat this as a food drop and maybe see if I can come up with a sketch so this isn't a complete "ignoring what pinkerton gave me and doing whatever I want" day. I used a random name generator to decide what type of drop to use for coliseum to preserve at least SOME of the randomness of it, and rolled insect drop. I am bringing Cinder (level 4), Cynthia (level 1), and Blaze (level 4) to the training grounds. It was relatively uneventful. A few familiar drops though, which I always get a bit more excited about than I should. [b]Cynthia is now level 3. Cinder and Blaze are still level 4.[/b] If I can get my brain back in working order enough to do some writing, I'll try to get a lore post up later today. No guarantees, though. Tomorrow is a new day and I SHOULD be back to normal enough to do a regular, normal, listening to what pinkerton gave me post then. Probably.
Onyx
@Amberfox @TETRAHEDR0N
Proof of life post above all else. I was going to try to avoid making posts like these where I don't really do anything but explain why I've been missing but MAN the past week or so has been crazy and for my own sake more than anything I wanted to do SOME kind of post. I won't get into too much detail, there's a lot that happened, but the end result is I'm pretty out of it.

I wanted to get right back into the swing of things here but I'm just a bit too out of it for a full lore post right now as the drop would require, and I need to do some coliseum grinding today anyway (mainly to catch my food stores back up to where I want them to be) so I'm going to treat this as a food drop and maybe see if I can come up with a sketch so this isn't a complete "ignoring what pinkerton gave me and doing whatever I want" day. I used a random name generator to decide what type of drop to use for coliseum to preserve at least SOME of the randomness of it, and rolled insect drop.

I am bringing Cinder (level 4), Cynthia (level 1), and Blaze (level 4) to the training grounds. It was relatively uneventful. A few familiar drops though, which I always get a bit more excited about than I should. Cynthia is now level 3. Cinder and Blaze are still level 4.

If I can get my brain back in working order enough to do some writing, I'll try to get a lore post up later today. No guarantees, though. Tomorrow is a new day and I SHOULD be back to normal enough to do a regular, normal, listening to what pinkerton gave me post then. Probably.
[center][item=spearmint] [i]Return to routine.[/i] @Amberfox @TETRAHEDR0N [/center] I am taking Cynthia (level 3), Cinder (level 4), and Ash (level 4) to the training fields. Not a very eventful run, other than the one enemy that dodged 5 attacks in a row. [b]Cynthia is now level 4. Cinder and Ash are still level 4.[/b] I'm working on clan lore a bit as well today!? Who could have guessed that like 2 years into this + having had about a year long hiatus by accident I would finally be doing what I meant to do from the start!! Taking it a bit easy, working my way out of last week's brain fog, but I'm getting back on writing now, which is good. Getting myself back on track and all that. Probably getting myself more on track than before even, I'm organizing things a bit more than I did in the past. yipee!!
Spearmint
Return to routine.
@Amberfox @TETRAHEDR0N

I am taking Cynthia (level 3), Cinder (level 4), and Ash (level 4) to the training fields. Not a very eventful run, other than the one enemy that dodged 5 attacks in a row. Cynthia is now level 4. Cinder and Ash are still level 4.

I'm working on clan lore a bit as well today!? Who could have guessed that like 2 years into this + having had about a year long hiatus by accident I would finally be doing what I meant to do from the start!! Taking it a bit easy, working my way out of last week's brain fog, but I'm getting back on writing now, which is good. Getting myself back on track and all that. Probably getting myself more on track than before even, I'm organizing things a bit more than I did in the past. yipee!!
[center][item=boxwood] @Amberfox @TETRAHEDR0N [/center] Missed yesterday because I went to a con! Which was exciting and fun and also made me so exhausted I passed out pretty much right after eating supper so I didn't end up having time to post. And also set me back further in terms of trying to get my dragons fed. Oops. Pinkerton is helping though it looks like? I am taking Cynthia, Ash, and Cinder (all level 4) to the training fields. Got some apparel drops which never happens to me so that's neat! Nothing too special and I probably won't end up using them but still neat that I got them. [b]Cinder is now level 5. Cynthia and Ash are still level 4.[/b] I don't know if I've gotten better at stat distribution or the training fields are just. Way easier than I remember them being, but I feel like there was no risk at all in the last few runs, which means I'm updating my personal rules to be more in line with the original rules. From now on, instead of continuing to go one venue below the highest level dragon I take, I will be going to the venue matching that level. I may make this more of a situational rule in the future depending on how unbalanced I feel things get, but for now, I think I was just making things somewhat unreasonably easy on myself.
Boxwood
@Amberfox @TETRAHEDR0N

Missed yesterday because I went to a con! Which was exciting and fun and also made me so exhausted I passed out pretty much right after eating supper so I didn't end up having time to post. And also set me back further in terms of trying to get my dragons fed. Oops. Pinkerton is helping though it looks like?

I am taking Cynthia, Ash, and Cinder (all level 4) to the training fields.

Got some apparel drops which never happens to me so that's neat! Nothing too special and I probably won't end up using them but still neat that I got them. Cinder is now level 5. Cynthia and Ash are still level 4.

I don't know if I've gotten better at stat distribution or the training fields are just. Way easier than I remember them being, but I feel like there was no risk at all in the last few runs, which means I'm updating my personal rules to be more in line with the original rules. From now on, instead of continuing to go one venue below the highest level dragon I take, I will be going to the venue matching that level. I may make this more of a situational rule in the future depending on how unbalanced I feel things get, but for now, I think I was just making things somewhat unreasonably easy on myself.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10