Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [Pinkerlocke] Seeking Asylum
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
[center][item=pelagas feathers] @Amberfox @TETRAHEDR0N [/center] Today has been uneventful.
Pelagas Feathers
@Amberfox @TETRAHEDR0N

Today has been uneventful.
[center][item=wraith hound] [i]A loving reunion.[/i] @Amberfox @TETRAHEDR0N [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/77598846][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/775989/77598846.png[/img][/url] [size=7][color=blue]Dorcas[/color][/size] [/center] He doesn't expect it when he sees them. They weren't supposed to meet again until coming home, but they're there, in front of him, as beautiful as the day he left them. "Cornflower?" he calls, and despite how certain he was a moment ago he almost expects them not to respond at all. Still, they turn to face him, eyes wide with shock that reflects his own. They echo his call with one of his own name, and run towards him. He lowers his head to meet theirs, and they stretch to nuzzle against him, the soft curls of their mane brushing spiral patterns across his neck. "I thought you were going to wait for me," Dorcas murmurs, and they pull back enough to look him in the eye. "I was," they say. "But I didn't want to just... stay put and wait." Somehow, he isn't surprised. They've never been one to sit around and do nothing. They don't know how they found him, but that isn't important here and now, because here and now, the one he loves is here beside him. "I'm glad you're here," he breathes. They laugh. "Me too." [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/72271869][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/722719/72271869.png[/img][/url]
Wraith Hound
A loving reunion.
@Amberfox @TETRAHEDR0N
77598846.png
Dorcas

He doesn't expect it when he sees them. They weren't supposed to meet again until coming home, but they're there, in front of him, as beautiful as the day he left them.

"Cornflower?" he calls, and despite how certain he was a moment ago he almost expects them not to respond at all. Still, they turn to face him, eyes wide with shock that reflects his own.

They echo his call with one of his own name, and run towards him. He lowers his head to meet theirs, and they stretch to nuzzle against him, the soft curls of their mane brushing spiral patterns across his neck.

"I thought you were going to wait for me," Dorcas murmurs, and they pull back enough to look him in the eye.

"I was," they say. "But I didn't want to just... stay put and wait."

Somehow, he isn't surprised. They've never been one to sit around and do nothing. They don't know how they found him, but that isn't important here and now, because here and now, the one he loves is here beside him.

"I'm glad you're here," he breathes.

They laugh. "Me too."
72271869.png
[center][item=speckled petunia] @Amberfox @TETRAHEDR0N [/center] Cornflower is now level 4.
Speckled Petunia
@Amberfox @TETRAHEDR0N

Cornflower is now level 4.
looking at the date on my last post. yeah. it has been. a while.

I won't bore anyone with the details of why there's such a big gap here. Lots happened, a lot of it is very private. But I want to try doing this again, because I think the routine was good for me, and while I won't get into detail as to why, I think I really need something like this again right now. Small responsibilities, easy stuff to deal with.

I think I might ping the people from the old pinglist for the next post, but I will not ping them again unless they ask to be readded. Planning to go through my personal little rules for this and redo some of them, hammer out any flaws in lore today if I find them. Might not get properly back into the swing of this until tomorrow depending on what Pinkerton gives me, but I'll give it a shot.

uhh tldr accidentally took like a year and a half hiatus from this but I'm back??? tentatively???
looking at the date on my last post. yeah. it has been. a while.

I won't bore anyone with the details of why there's such a big gap here. Lots happened, a lot of it is very private. But I want to try doing this again, because I think the routine was good for me, and while I won't get into detail as to why, I think I really need something like this again right now. Small responsibilities, easy stuff to deal with.

I think I might ping the people from the old pinglist for the next post, but I will not ping them again unless they ask to be readded. Planning to go through my personal little rules for this and redo some of them, hammer out any flaws in lore today if I find them. Might not get properly back into the swing of this until tomorrow depending on what Pinkerton gives me, but I'll give it a shot.

uhh tldr accidentally took like a year and a half hiatus from this but I'm back??? tentatively???
[center][item=longneck winter gear] [i]Time fleeing.[/i] @TETRAHEDR0N @Amberfox [/center] Lore may come later today if I find I have the time. For now, updates, since I've gone through and changed a few things: [LIST] [*]The pinglist is reset to blank. If you would like to be readded/if you're new here and want to be added, DM me or ask here. I do not want to assume people wanted to stay on it with how long has passed. [*]Minor updates have been made to my goals and rules. Mostly rewording, a little poking fun at myself. Nothing serious, but worth mentioning. [*]I have updated dragon bios. Mostly nothing significant, but I wanted them to have relatively consistent amounts of information, so I've gone through and edited them to do so. The biggest change is to Cornflower's bio, which now has information there. [/LIST] All in all less changes than I thought I would be making to be honest! Hoping to get some writing done tonight but even if not, I should be fully back into the swing of things for tomorrow, hopefully. I don't really have the best track record with that though so who knows (don't worry I have plans to hopefully make things more consistent on my end this time. hopefully.)
Longneck Winter Gear
Time fleeing.
@TETRAHEDR0N @Amberfox
Lore may come later today if I find I have the time. For now, updates, since I've gone through and changed a few things:
  • The pinglist is reset to blank. If you would like to be readded/if you're new here and want to be added, DM me or ask here. I do not want to assume people wanted to stay on it with how long has passed.
  • Minor updates have been made to my goals and rules. Mostly rewording, a little poking fun at myself. Nothing serious, but worth mentioning.
  • I have updated dragon bios. Mostly nothing significant, but I wanted them to have relatively consistent amounts of information, so I've gone through and edited them to do so. The biggest change is to Cornflower's bio, which now has information there.
All in all less changes than I thought I would be making to be honest! Hoping to get some writing done tonight but even if not, I should be fully back into the swing of things for tomorrow, hopefully. I don't really have the best track record with that though so who knows (don't worry I have plans to hopefully make things more consistent on my end this time. hopefully.)
I’d like to still be on the pinglist please
I’d like to still be on the pinglist please
You never truly fail unless you give up.
Rc85s.gif
mdwJU.gif
1CSt0.gif
PzJM3.gif
i'll stay on the pinglist yeah! welcome back
i'll stay on the pinglist yeah! welcome back
DRAGONS !
[center][item=butterflyfish] [i]Back with a bang.[/i] @Amberfox @TETRAHEDR0N [/center] Went to the woodland path with Aurum (lvl 5), Cornflower (lvl 4), and Pricklepear (lvl 5). There were a few close calls with Cornflower and Pricklepear both BARELY surviving crits, and then both also later almost getting killed by super effective magic attacks that I did not know the enemies in that area had (they've updated coliseum since I was last here I think), and then Cornflower almost dying AGAIN because I misclicked and hit continue battling instead of healing. Oops. Despite all that, no deaths! [b]Aurum is now level 6, Cornflower is now level 6, and Pricklepear is now level 6.[/b] I've decided to make some changes to Cornflower's lore perhaps inspired by their near death experiences, so check their bio for that. They might even get a bonus full lore post later if I feel like doing some actual writing, but I have a few plans tonight and don't know if I'll have the time or energy. Coliseum also took it out of me a bit more than I thought it would! It's been too long since I've been at it, I think. Going to have to relearn even my minimal stat knowledge. Going to ramble like this a bit more in coliseum posts going forward I think, but I'll bold the results so they stand out if you still want to just read those and not whatever I decide to yap about. I think it was getting a bit boring giving the plain "this dragon leveled up" or "nothing of note happened today". Maybe I'll even start doing lore posts with coliseum posts if I'm in the right mood for it.
Butterflyfish
Back with a bang.
@Amberfox @TETRAHEDR0N
Went to the woodland path with Aurum (lvl 5), Cornflower (lvl 4), and Pricklepear (lvl 5).

There were a few close calls with Cornflower and Pricklepear both BARELY surviving crits, and then both also later almost getting killed by super effective magic attacks that I did not know the enemies in that area had (they've updated coliseum since I was last here I think), and then Cornflower almost dying AGAIN because I misclicked and hit continue battling instead of healing. Oops.

Despite all that, no deaths! Aurum is now level 6, Cornflower is now level 6, and Pricklepear is now level 6.

I've decided to make some changes to Cornflower's lore perhaps inspired by their near death experiences, so check their bio for that. They might even get a bonus full lore post later if I feel like doing some actual writing, but I have a few plans tonight and don't know if I'll have the time or energy. Coliseum also took it out of me a bit more than I thought it would! It's been too long since I've been at it, I think. Going to have to relearn even my minimal stat knowledge.

Going to ramble like this a bit more in coliseum posts going forward I think, but I'll bold the results so they stand out if you still want to just read those and not whatever I decide to yap about. I think it was getting a bit boring giving the plain "this dragon leveled up" or "nothing of note happened today". Maybe I'll even start doing lore posts with coliseum posts if I'm in the right mood for it.
[center][item=ghostly aura] [i]In sickness and in health.[/i] @Amberfox @TETRAHEDR0N [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/72271869][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/722719/72271869.png[/img][/url] [size=7][color=cornflowerblue]Cornflower[/color][/size] [/center] Even as the snow begins to melt and the harsh chill of winter begins to soften, it is cold. Cornflower finds themself seeking the shelter of Dorcas' wings now that they have returned to his side, and he welcomes them with a laugh that vibrates through his body and into theirs. There is comfort here, despite the way the cold still seeps into Cornflower's bones and numbs their clawtips. Despite the hazy feeling that still overtakes them when the sun has barely begun to rise and their body can't seem to hold up its own weight, the presence at their side is solid and reassuring. "It's a miracle you caught up to me," he says, delicately nosing at the curls of their mane. "You're a very lucky dragon." "Lucky indeed," Cornflower smiles, leaning up to nuzzle against the side of his face. "Perhaps a bit reckless." "Perhaps," Dorcas agrees, pulling his wing more securely around them. "And perhaps I'm glad you are." There is danger in the journey, and Cornflower has had their fair share of brushes with it. But there is safety in the comfort of their lover's wings, and they missed that more than anything. Their home may be far away yet, but they have everything they need here and now to keep searching. "I'm glad too," they admit.
Ghostly Aura
In sickness and in health.
@Amberfox @TETRAHEDR0N
72271869.png
Cornflower

Even as the snow begins to melt and the harsh chill of winter begins to soften, it is cold. Cornflower finds themself seeking the shelter of Dorcas' wings now that they have returned to his side, and he welcomes them with a laugh that vibrates through his body and into theirs. There is comfort here, despite the way the cold still seeps into Cornflower's bones and numbs their clawtips. Despite the hazy feeling that still overtakes them when the sun has barely begun to rise and their body can't seem to hold up its own weight, the presence at their side is solid and reassuring.

"It's a miracle you caught up to me," he says, delicately nosing at the curls of their mane. "You're a very lucky dragon."

"Lucky indeed," Cornflower smiles, leaning up to nuzzle against the side of his face. "Perhaps a bit reckless."

"Perhaps," Dorcas agrees, pulling his wing more securely around them. "And perhaps I'm glad you are."

There is danger in the journey, and Cornflower has had their fair share of brushes with it. But there is safety in the comfort of their lover's wings, and they missed that more than anything. Their home may be far away yet, but they have everything they need here and now to keep searching.

"I'm glad too," they admit.
[center][item=sea heart] [i]survival of the fittest.[/i] @Amberfox @TETRAHEDR0N [/center] Took a small break thanks to a few things popping up and taking up a lot of my time and energy, but today: we are in the coliseum! I brought Collwen (level 5), Tirva (level 5), and Seelie (level 5) to the woodland path. Collwen and Tirva are both now level 6. Seelie, unfortunately, has died. I got a bit overconfident in the last battle and failed to account for Seelie getting ganged up on. As per my rules, Seelie is available to be given away until tomorrow's post. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/76972359][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/769724/76972359.png[/img][/url]
Sea Heart
survival of the fittest.
@Amberfox @TETRAHEDR0N

Took a small break thanks to a few things popping up and taking up a lot of my time and energy, but today: we are in the coliseum!

I brought Collwen (level 5), Tirva (level 5), and Seelie (level 5) to the woodland path. Collwen and Tirva are both now level 6. Seelie, unfortunately, has died.

I got a bit overconfident in the last battle and failed to account for Seelie getting ganged up on. As per my rules, Seelie is available to be given away until tomorrow's post.
76972359.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10