Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [Pinkerlocke] Seeking Asylum
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
NICE
NICE
DRAGONS !
[center][item=pine logs] [i][/i] @TETRAHEDR0N @Amberfox [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/76941011][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/769411/76941011.png[/img][/url] [size=7][color=gray]Collwen[/color][/size][/center] Everything is so big, and Collwen is so small, and that is terrifying. He peeks out from the safety of Tirva's mane at the sound of his sister insistently calling his name. Quellion is curled around one of their imperial sister's antlers, fanning her wings dramatically. "Collwen!" she calls. "Come up here, check this out!" He feels the chuckle that vibrates through Tirva's scales and into his, and takes comfort in the sound and feeling. He doesn't leave the stripe of blue fur, but climbs up closer to Tirva's head to see what Quellion is talking about. "Oh, come on," Collwen sighs dramatically. "Come out here, you can't see anything from in there." "I can see just fine thank you," Collwen mumbles, glancing around to try to see what his sister was trying to show him. He doesn't see anything eye-catching. "What are you trying to show me?" "It's over there," Quellion points with her tail, and Collwen follows the gesture to see what it is. It's a cliff. The ground beneath them just drops away a short distance from where Tirva's claws rest on the ground. Collwen makes a small, frightened noise. "That's- ah- what if you- don't fall off!" he stammers, twisting his claws in the fur of Tirva's mane. "We aren't gonna fall, Collwen," Quellion sighs, draping herself more dramatically across the antler she occupies. "Even if we fell, we can fly." "But what if- the wind-" Collewen starts, but he's cut off by the comforting vibrations of Tirva's voice. "If you fell and the wind was too strong for you, I would catch you," she reassures. "You have nothing to be afraid of." He's still frightened, but there's some comfort in Tirva's words. He looks out over the cliff again, and far out and far below, the sea glints in shades of gold in the light of the setting sun. "I told you you should check it out." Quellion's voice is smug, and when Collwen glances over at her, she's smirking at him between the branches of Tirva's antler. Collwen frowns and looks back out over the cliff to the sea, and sighs. "Yeah," he admits. "You were right."
Pine Logs

@TETRAHEDR0N @Amberfox
76941011.png
Collwen

Everything is so big, and Collwen is so small, and that is terrifying. He peeks out from the safety of Tirva's mane at the sound of his sister insistently calling his name. Quellion is curled around one of their imperial sister's antlers, fanning her wings dramatically.

"Collwen!" she calls. "Come up here, check this out!"

He feels the chuckle that vibrates through Tirva's scales and into his, and takes comfort in the sound and feeling. He doesn't leave the stripe of blue fur, but climbs up closer to Tirva's head to see what Quellion is talking about.

"Oh, come on," Collwen sighs dramatically. "Come out here, you can't see anything from in there."

"I can see just fine thank you," Collwen mumbles, glancing around to try to see what his sister was trying to show him. He doesn't see anything eye-catching. "What are you trying to show me?"

"It's over there," Quellion points with her tail, and Collwen follows the gesture to see what it is.

It's a cliff. The ground beneath them just drops away a short distance from where Tirva's claws rest on the ground. Collwen makes a small, frightened noise.

"That's- ah- what if you- don't fall off!" he stammers, twisting his claws in the fur of Tirva's mane.

"We aren't gonna fall, Collwen," Quellion sighs, draping herself more dramatically across the antler she occupies. "Even if we fell, we can fly."

"But what if- the wind-" Collewen starts, but he's cut off by the comforting vibrations of Tirva's voice.

"If you fell and the wind was too strong for you, I would catch you," she reassures. "You have nothing to be afraid of."

He's still frightened, but there's some comfort in Tirva's words. He looks out over the cliff again, and far out and far below, the sea glints in shades of gold in the light of the setting sun.

"I told you you should check it out." Quellion's voice is smug, and when Collwen glances over at her, she's smirking at him between the branches of Tirva's antler.

Collwen frowns and looks back out over the cliff to the sea, and sighs.

"Yeah," he admits. "You were right."
[center][item=desert cactus][/center] Clodovea and Panacea are now level 3. Nothing of note really happened. I considered writing a bit of lore or doing another sketch but I'm completely drained today, unfortunately.
Desert Cactus

Clodovea and Panacea are now level 3. Nothing of note really happened. I considered writing a bit of lore or doing another sketch but I'm completely drained today, unfortunately.
[center][item=balanced walking sticks] [i]A stroll at midnight.[/i] @TETRAHEDR0N @Amberfox [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/76094414][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/760945/76094414.png[/img][/url] [size=7][color=hotpink]Mellin[/color][/size][/center] The moon hangs heavy in the sky, surrounded by a web of stars. Mellin watches them sparkle for just a moment as she flexes her wings. She's supposed to be keeping watch, but... that doesn't mean she has to sit in one spot, right? She lifts off the ground with a sharp wingbeat and begins circling the little camp they've set up. She's still watching, she can see more from up here even, so there's no reason for anyone to get mad at her for it. Seaset will probably be annoyed anyway. But that's okay. Being annoyed is just how Seaset cares about people. Mellin knows that, even if the grumpy fae won't admit it. Mellin understands how dragons work, what makes them smile and what makes them cry, even if she doesn't seem like it. She hums to herself, something old and rooted in her bones, a song without words and without a name. Her circles over the camp grow slower, more relaxed. It's just her up here tonight. That's strange. She's grown so used to being among the convoy that the empty sky no longer feels so familiar. Her wings still know the rhythm to beat through the air, her mind still knows the quiet serenity, but her heart is now used to chatter and laughter and irritated groans that somehow still sound oh so fond. Mellin laughs into the silence just to fill it, and the echo that comes back to her rings hollow. She settles back on the ground and draws her wings to her sides. Mellin listens, and she hears the soft crackle of the campfire, the rumble of Belleza's snoring, the unintelligible muttering of whatever Seaset is dreaming about. She begins to walk circles around the camp, slower, more tentatively than the flight from a moment ago. The sounds of the convoy in sleep are somehow just as lively as the convoy in travel, and it soothes an ache in her heart that Mellin wasn't even sure was there. With a certainty that carves itself into her very being, she begins to consider them family.
Balanced Walking Sticks
A stroll at midnight.
@TETRAHEDR0N @Amberfox
76094414.png
Mellin

The moon hangs heavy in the sky, surrounded by a web of stars. Mellin watches them sparkle for just a moment as she flexes her wings.

She's supposed to be keeping watch, but... that doesn't mean she has to sit in one spot, right? She lifts off the ground with a sharp wingbeat and begins circling the little camp they've set up. She's still watching, she can see more from up here even, so there's no reason for anyone to get mad at her for it.

Seaset will probably be annoyed anyway. But that's okay. Being annoyed is just how Seaset cares about people. Mellin knows that, even if the grumpy fae won't admit it. Mellin understands how dragons work, what makes them smile and what makes them cry, even if she doesn't seem like it.

She hums to herself, something old and rooted in her bones, a song without words and without a name. Her circles over the camp grow slower, more relaxed.

It's just her up here tonight. That's strange. She's grown so used to being among the convoy that the empty sky no longer feels so familiar. Her wings still know the rhythm to beat through the air, her mind still knows the quiet serenity, but her heart is now used to chatter and laughter and irritated groans that somehow still sound oh so fond. Mellin laughs into the silence just to fill it, and the echo that comes back to her rings hollow.

She settles back on the ground and draws her wings to her sides. Mellin listens, and she hears the soft crackle of the campfire, the rumble of Belleza's snoring, the unintelligible muttering of whatever Seaset is dreaming about. She begins to walk circles around the camp, slower, more tentatively than the flight from a moment ago.

The sounds of the convoy in sleep are somehow just as lively as the convoy in travel, and it soothes an ache in her heart that Mellin wasn't even sure was there. With a certainty that carves itself into her very being, she begins to consider them family.
pleading eyessssss aww
pleading eyessssss aww
DRAGONS !
[center][item=silver flower crown] [i]The wheel keeps turning.[/i] @TETRAHEDR0N @Amberfox [/center] I know I've missed a few days, I haven't had the energy to do much of anything, including this. I'm still not feeling it really, so no lore for today, and instead of doing my usual dice-rolling, I just straight up bought one hatchling as I didn't have the patience for shuffling lair slots on the chance I rolled higher. So here's Gravel. She's cute. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/77580311][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/775804/77580311.png[/img][/url] Hopefully by tomorrow I'll be feeling a bit better, but I don't know. I'm not abandoning this though, and that's a promise.
Silver Flower Crown
The wheel keeps turning.
@TETRAHEDR0N @Amberfox

I know I've missed a few days, I haven't had the energy to do much of anything, including this. I'm still not feeling it really, so no lore for today, and instead of doing my usual dice-rolling, I just straight up bought one hatchling as I didn't have the patience for shuffling lair slots on the chance I rolled higher. So here's Gravel. She's cute.
77580311.png
Hopefully by tomorrow I'll be feeling a bit better, but I don't know. I'm not abandoning this though, and that's a promise.
You should just try to get better, FR will always be here waiting for you so just take time to take care of yourself. Also gravel is really cute
You should just try to get better, FR will always be here waiting for you so just take time to take care of yourself. Also gravel is really cute
You never truly fail unless you give up.
Rc85s.gif
mdwJU.gif
1CSt0.gif
PzJM3.gif
gravel's a cutie!
gravel's a cutie!
DRAGONS !
[center][item=sunspot clouddancer hide] [i][/i] @TETRAHEDR0N @Amberfox [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/77580311][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/775804/77580311.png[/img][/url] [size=7][color=brown]Gravel[/color][/size][/center] Gravel thinks this must be what family is. Dragons who have each other's backs no matter what. Dragons who argue and bicker, but who always settle down around the same fire at the end of the night. She doesn't get all of them, not yet. She doesn't know why Mellin flies loops and circles around them as they move, why Belleza hums a rumbling tune that rolls like thunder or the crash of waves or the shaking of the earth or something between the three, why Aurum weeps openly and freely over nothing at all, why Panacea growls and snaps at anyone who comes close. But she thinks she doesn't really [i]have[/i] to get it. Things are big, and confusing, and compared to everything, Gravel is so small. She has time to figure it out. For now, she follows. She takes it in. She observes, because she seems to be good at that. Observes the way the clouds roll in when Tirva's expression is downcast. Observes the way Seaset's eyes always seem to be looking through the world rather than at it. She knows these things, but she does not know why they are so. She supposes that's too big of a question for her, small as she is. The world is big, and beautiful, and confusing. She isn't sure she'll ever be enough to understand it. In the firelight beneath a sky filled with stars, everyone is beautiful, cast in silver and amber. And Gravel thinks, somehow, that's all she needs to know.
Sunspot Clouddancer Hide

@TETRAHEDR0N @Amberfox
77580311.png
Gravel

Gravel thinks this must be what family is. Dragons who have each other's backs no matter what. Dragons who argue and bicker, but who always settle down around the same fire at the end of the night.

She doesn't get all of them, not yet. She doesn't know why Mellin flies loops and circles around them as they move, why Belleza hums a rumbling tune that rolls like thunder or the crash of waves or the shaking of the earth or something between the three, why Aurum weeps openly and freely over nothing at all, why Panacea growls and snaps at anyone who comes close. But she thinks she doesn't really have to get it. Things are big, and confusing, and compared to everything, Gravel is so small. She has time to figure it out.

For now, she follows. She takes it in. She observes, because she seems to be good at that. Observes the way the clouds roll in when Tirva's expression is downcast. Observes the way Seaset's eyes always seem to be looking through the world rather than at it.

She knows these things, but she does not know why they are so. She supposes that's too big of a question for her, small as she is. The world is big, and beautiful, and confusing. She isn't sure she'll ever be enough to understand it.

In the firelight beneath a sky filled with stars, everyone is beautiful, cast in silver and amber. And Gravel thinks, somehow, that's all she needs to know.
[center][item=winter wolf pelt] [i]A vision put to paper.[/i] @TETRAHEDR0N @Amberfox[/center] I didn't really feel like writing today, so instead I have: art [img]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/668557015836000256/969290682445496390/IMG_3416.jpg[/img] (I don't know how to make the picture smaller oops) It's seaset! I've been meaning to try lineart with colours for a while now and I would say it came out alright. Maybe the others will get some art soon too, I've been in a bit of drawing mood lately.
Winter Wolf Pelt
A vision put to paper.
@TETRAHEDR0N @Amberfox
I didn't really feel like writing today, so instead I have: art

IMG_3416.jpg
(I don't know how to make the picture smaller oops)

It's seaset! I've been meaning to try lineart with colours for a while now and I would say it came out alright. Maybe the others will get some art soon too, I've been in a bit of drawing mood lately.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10