Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [Pinkerlocke] Seeking Asylum
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
[center][item=lurker motherboard] [i]Haunted eyes and crystal tears.[/i] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/76925681][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/769257/76925681.png[/img][/url] [size=7][color=gold]Aurum[/color][/size][/center] Aurum weeps. He hasn't stopped crying since the kind group of dragons took them in. The little veilspun whose eyes are wide and bright and confused sticks close to his side, and his siblings eye her suspiciously. She smiles when he looks at her, soft and untouched by the heavy sense that the world must be ending, and it only makes him cry harder. Pricklepear growls warningly, stepping closer to Aurum, who panics. "She didn't do anything!" he protests. "I promise, she was just trying to cheer me up!" "Then why are you crying again?" Pricklepear grumbles, sharp eyes pinned on Cycloknight. "I don't know," Aurum sniffles, "but it's not her fault!" The veilspun flicks her strange, glowing whiskers and watches Pricklepear with wide, soft eyes. Pricklepear huffs, apparently deciding that no, the tiny dragon isn't a threat to her brother. "If she bothers you, tell me," the guardian grumbles, moving to walk with Seelie a few steps back. The veilspun smiles at Aurum again, and this time he doesn't burst into tears, and instead offers a shaky smile of his own. "Um... I realized I don't know your name," he says. "And I never introduced myself. I'm Aurum." The veilspun speaks in a voice softer than the whispering wind. "Cycloknight." "Wow. Um. That's a nice name...!" Aurum smiles again, slightly more confident this time. Cycloknight doesn't say anything this time, but she smiles back. Even though the empty gaze of his sister still lingers in the back of his mind, Aurum stops crying for just a little while, and lets himself distract himself by talking to Cycloknight about whatever catches his eye.
Lurker Motherboard
Haunted eyes and crystal tears.

76925681.png
Aurum
Aurum weeps.

He hasn't stopped crying since the kind group of dragons took them in. The little veilspun whose eyes are wide and bright and confused sticks close to his side, and his siblings eye her suspiciously. She smiles when he looks at her, soft and untouched by the heavy sense that the world must be ending, and it only makes him cry harder.

Pricklepear growls warningly, stepping closer to Aurum, who panics.

"She didn't do anything!" he protests. "I promise, she was just trying to cheer me up!"

"Then why are you crying again?" Pricklepear grumbles, sharp eyes pinned on Cycloknight.

"I don't know," Aurum sniffles, "but it's not her fault!"

The veilspun flicks her strange, glowing whiskers and watches Pricklepear with wide, soft eyes. Pricklepear huffs, apparently deciding that no, the tiny dragon isn't a threat to her brother.

"If she bothers you, tell me," the guardian grumbles, moving to walk with Seelie a few steps back.

The veilspun smiles at Aurum again, and this time he doesn't burst into tears, and instead offers a shaky smile of his own. "Um... I realized I don't know your name," he says. "And I never introduced myself. I'm Aurum."

The veilspun speaks in a voice softer than the whispering wind. "Cycloknight."

"Wow. Um. That's a nice name...!" Aurum smiles again, slightly more confident this time. Cycloknight doesn't say anything this time, but she smiles back.

Even though the empty gaze of his sister still lingers in the back of his mind, Aurum stops crying for just a little while, and lets himself distract himself by talking to Cycloknight about whatever catches his eye.
[center][item=iridescent cloth] [i]The sky itself will weep.[/i] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/76903312][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/769034/76903312.png[/img][/url] [size=7][color=blue]Tirva[/color][/size][/center] Her eyes remain fixed on the sky, on the way the clouds shift and churn. A storm is rolling in, she can tell from its taste on the air, from the oppressive weight of the clouds. She isn't sure how she knows this, some primal instinct that settles deeper than her bones recognizing the dampness on the air. "It's going to rain," she says, and then it does. It starts softly, then pelts down heavily. Tirva arcs a wing to shelter her veilspun siblings, who complain vocally. "Over here!" Mellin shouts, and the group shuffles miserably into the shelter of a small cave. Tirva watches her siblings dart out from under her wing and into the cave, then looks back outside. The rain taps rhythmic percussion against the rock and leaves around them, and behind her, Tirva can hear the others trying to light a fire. She watches the sky dance and weep, until she hears footsteps approaching. She turns to see Belleza looking to the sky as well. Her eyes gleam with an unusual intensity. "You're quite attuned to it," Belleza says, and when Tirva only looks blankly back at her, she continues. "To the rain. To the clouds." "I suppose so," Tirva says, turning to stare back at the wrathful churning of the clouds as they flicker brightly blue. "I don't know why." Belleza chuckles. "I don't know why either. Some are just born with more attunement to the elements than others, I suppose." There's a hint of bitterness to her voice. "Do you envy me?" Tirva asks, holding a claw out to feel how the rain pounds into her palms. "No," Belleza laughs, "I do not envy you at all." Tirva turns to look at her. A crash of thunder sounds somewhere outside. Belleza's eyes seem to almost glow in the flash of blue light. "I don't understand," Tirva confesses. "You don't have to," Belleza assures, and turns away to return to the rest of the group. Tirva steps outside, and lets the rain pound its rhythm into her scales until she can't think through the sensation.
Iridescent Cloth
The sky itself will weep.
76903312.png
Tirva
Her eyes remain fixed on the sky, on the way the clouds shift and churn. A storm is rolling in, she can tell from its taste on the air, from the oppressive weight of the clouds. She isn't sure how she knows this, some primal instinct that settles deeper than her bones recognizing the dampness on the air.

"It's going to rain," she says, and then it does.

It starts softly, then pelts down heavily. Tirva arcs a wing to shelter her veilspun siblings, who complain vocally.

"Over here!" Mellin shouts, and the group shuffles miserably into the shelter of a small cave. Tirva watches her siblings dart out from under her wing and into the cave, then looks back outside.

The rain taps rhythmic percussion against the rock and leaves around them, and behind her, Tirva can hear the others trying to light a fire. She watches the sky dance and weep, until she hears footsteps approaching. She turns to see Belleza looking to the sky as well. Her eyes gleam with an unusual intensity.

"You're quite attuned to it," Belleza says, and when Tirva only looks blankly back at her, she continues. "To the rain. To the clouds."

"I suppose so," Tirva says, turning to stare back at the wrathful churning of the clouds as they flicker brightly blue. "I don't know why."

Belleza chuckles. "I don't know why either. Some are just born with more attunement to the elements than others, I suppose." There's a hint of bitterness to her voice.

"Do you envy me?" Tirva asks, holding a claw out to feel how the rain pounds into her palms.

"No," Belleza laughs, "I do not envy you at all." Tirva turns to look at her. A crash of thunder sounds somewhere outside. Belleza's eyes seem to almost glow in the flash of blue light.

"I don't understand," Tirva confesses.

"You don't have to," Belleza assures, and turns away to return to the rest of the group.

Tirva steps outside, and lets the rain pound its rhythm into her scales until she can't think through the sensation.
[center][item=southern grass cicada] [i]Fight your way out.[/i][/center] Today's team was Tirva, Seaset, and Mellin (sorry Belleza, youll get your turn next time) and I went to training fields (venue 1 level lower than the highest level, the highest level being 4). If none of the hatchlings grow up in time for the next food drop I'll have to suck it up and move on to the next venue, because Mellin and Seaset are both level 5 now...
Southern Grass Cicada
Fight your way out.

Today's team was Tirva, Seaset, and Mellin (sorry Belleza, youll get your turn next time) and I went to training fields (venue 1 level lower than the highest level, the highest level being 4). If none of the hatchlings grow up in time for the next food drop I'll have to suck it up and move on to the next venue, because Mellin and Seaset are both level 5 now...
[center][item=gamy shockshank] [i]It’s never truly safe.[/i][/center] I’ll edit this post once I’m done the coliseum battles. I might have something special to show off today too, maybe a little art…? Update: We have our first death. Cycloknight was ganged up on and crit twice in the first battle before I could even get a chance to do anything about it. She was really pretty, so I’m actually pretty sad about this one. Her death calls for a lore post. But first, I have 39 more battles to fight. Update 2: Completed battles. Pricklepear, Collwen and Aurum are now level 4. The enemy that killed Cycloknight dropped a familiar, funny enough. I don’t know if that’s good consolation or not. In accordance with my death rule, I’ll be giving Cycloknight away. If anyone is reading this and wants her, let me know. Update: Cycloknight has a new home. I will miss her (she is so pretty) but I’m glad I didn’t have to exalt lol
Gamy Shockshank
It’s never truly safe.

I’ll edit this post once I’m done the coliseum battles. I might have something special to show off today too, maybe a little art…?

Update: We have our first death. Cycloknight was ganged up on and crit twice in the first battle before I could even get a chance to do anything about it. She was really pretty, so I’m actually pretty sad about this one. Her death calls for a lore post. But first, I have 39 more battles to fight.
Update 2: Completed battles. Pricklepear, Collwen and Aurum are now level 4. The enemy that killed Cycloknight dropped a familiar, funny enough. I don’t know if that’s good consolation or not.

In accordance with my death rule, I’ll be giving Cycloknight away. If anyone is reading this and wants her, let me know.
Update: Cycloknight has a new home. I will miss her (she is so pretty) but I’m glad I didn’t have to exalt lol
[center][item=deepsea yawner] [i]Don't let your guard down.[/i][/center] No deaths this time, thankfully. Today, Tirva, Quellion, and Seelie all reached level 4. I forgot to actually write a sort of lore post for Cycloknight's death yesterday like I meant to, so I'll try to write one today, but make no promises.
Deepsea Yawner
Don't let your guard down.

No deaths this time, thankfully. Today, Tirva, Quellion, and Seelie all reached level 4.
I forgot to actually write a sort of lore post for Cycloknight's death yesterday like I meant to, so I'll try to write one today, but make no promises.
[center][item=lurching tome] [i]Sorrow does not always end in tears.[/i] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/76972359][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/769724/76972359.png[/img][/url] [size=7][color=blue]Seelie[/color][/size][/center] He watches Aurum weep, and he is tempted to weep with him. The makeshift grave of woven twigs and flowers has long faded into the distance behind them, and still Aurum weeps for the little veilspun he barely knew. Seelie watches, soft and aching and not quite able to understand why. How Aurum finds it in his heart to weep for a dragon he barely knew is a mystery to Seelie, and not one he thinks he'll be getting an answer to any time soon. Pricklepear walks beside him, head high and eyes sharp, and Seelie nudges her wing with his own. "You're thinking too hard," he says, and she barks a short laugh. "[i]I'm[/i] thinking too hard? I can hear you worrying from here." Pricklepear nudges him back, a little harder, and Seelie stumbles for just a moment. "Stop worrying. I won't let anything happen to any of us." Seelie follows the way Pricklepear's gaze softens almost imperceptibly as it lands on Aurum. And then he looks to Aurum, sees the way he sobs heavily onto his pearl. "Something has already happened," Seelie tells his sister. "He is hurt by it." Pricklepear snarls and whips around to face him, fangs bared. "But he is alive. And I will protect his life with mine." The rest of the convoy stops around them. Seelie looks down into the eyes of his sister, into the sharp pain that settles into them, and spreads his wings above them. "Does it not cross your mind that losing you would hurt even more than anything else? Do not overextend yourself, sister." Pricklepear growls, but steps back, and Seelie lets his wings settle back at his sides. Aurum sobs openly, and the sound wears heavily on his heart.
Lurching Tome
Sorrow does not always end in tears.

76972359.png
Seelie
He watches Aurum weep, and he is tempted to weep with him.

The makeshift grave of woven twigs and flowers has long faded into the distance behind them, and still Aurum weeps for the little veilspun he barely knew. Seelie watches, soft and aching and not quite able to understand why. How Aurum finds it in his heart to weep for a dragon he barely knew is a mystery to Seelie, and not one he thinks he'll be getting an answer to any time soon.

Pricklepear walks beside him, head high and eyes sharp, and Seelie nudges her wing with his own. "You're thinking too hard," he says, and she barks a short laugh.

"I'm thinking too hard? I can hear you worrying from here." Pricklepear nudges him back, a little harder, and Seelie stumbles for just a moment. "Stop worrying. I won't let anything happen to any of us."

Seelie follows the way Pricklepear's gaze softens almost imperceptibly as it lands on Aurum. And then he looks to Aurum, sees the way he sobs heavily onto his pearl.

"Something has already happened," Seelie tells his sister. "He is hurt by it."

Pricklepear snarls and whips around to face him, fangs bared. "But he is alive. And I will protect his life with mine."

The rest of the convoy stops around them. Seelie looks down into the eyes of his sister, into the sharp pain that settles into them, and spreads his wings above them. "Does it not cross your mind that losing you would hurt even more than anything else? Do not overextend yourself, sister."

Pricklepear growls, but steps back, and Seelie lets his wings settle back at his sides. Aurum sobs openly, and the sound wears heavily on his heart.
[center][item=tutor collar] [i]The cycle continues.[/i][/center] 5 "eggs". 2 survivors. I've bought two cheap babies off auction house. They are, as always, frighteningly pretty. [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/76941012][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/769411/76941012.png[/img][/url] [color=red][size=7]Quellion[/size][/color][/center] Tirva sweeps a wing out suddenly, and Quellion peeks out from where she's entangled herself in her imperial sister's mane to see what the fuss is. Two hatchlings have scrambled to a halt to avoid hitting Tirva's wing, and Quellion cautiously begins fluttering her way across the wing to look at them. Collwen follows, considerably more apprehensively. "Where are you two little ones headed?" Belleza's soft rumble sounds from across the group, as the convoy converges around the hatchlings. "It's not safe out here, you know. You should head back home." The ridgeback snarls, and Quellion reassuringly nudges Collwen when he presses closer to her side. The imperial looks around with clear confusion. "Can't go home," the imperial tells them, their voice soft and light. "Mama said we gotta run." Tirva moves, and Quellion squawks indignantly at the ease with which the imperial causes her to stumble with the simple shift of a wing. She flutters her way to Tirva's head instead, where she drapes herself around an antler and watches Collwen retreat back into the safety of the mane between Tirva's wings. "Where are you running to?" Tirva asks. "Dunno," the imperial hatchling admits. "Just running." Mellin swoops down to the two hatchlings, draping a wing around each, and dramatically declares, "You're coming with us now." Seaset groans from her perch on Belleza's head, fins drooping dramatically. "Do we have to adopt every stray we meet on the road?" Quellion looks down at the ridgeback, who hasn't spoken, but watches every movement made with sharp eyes. She flutters her wings and watches their gaze snap to her, taking some satisfaction in the attention. "Is it only you two who had to run?" Belleza asks, and the imperial shakes their head. "Everyone else got lost," they say, soft and sad. "I hope they find good dragons to be friends with too." "They won't," the ridgeback mutters, but no one else seems to take notice, except for Aurum, whose eyes well with tears for what has to be the hundredth time. Quellion drapes herself more dramatically over the branches in Tirva's antler, and says, "We can't stay here forever. We don't know what's around here." There's a general murmur of agreement, and the group starts moving again. [columns] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/77120054][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/771201/77120054.png[/img][/url] [nextcol] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/77138780][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/771388/77138780.png[/img][/url] [/columns]
Tutor Collar
The cycle continues.

5 "eggs". 2 survivors. I've bought two cheap babies off auction house. They are, as always, frighteningly pretty.
76941012.png
Quellion
Tirva sweeps a wing out suddenly, and Quellion peeks out from where she's entangled herself in her imperial sister's mane to see what the fuss is.

Two hatchlings have scrambled to a halt to avoid hitting Tirva's wing, and Quellion cautiously begins fluttering her way across the wing to look at them. Collwen follows, considerably more apprehensively.

"Where are you two little ones headed?" Belleza's soft rumble sounds from across the group, as the convoy converges around the hatchlings. "It's not safe out here, you know. You should head back home."

The ridgeback snarls, and Quellion reassuringly nudges Collwen when he presses closer to her side. The imperial looks around with clear confusion.

"Can't go home," the imperial tells them, their voice soft and light. "Mama said we gotta run."

Tirva moves, and Quellion squawks indignantly at the ease with which the imperial causes her to stumble with the simple shift of a wing. She flutters her way to Tirva's head instead, where she drapes herself around an antler and watches Collwen retreat back into the safety of the mane between Tirva's wings.

"Where are you running to?" Tirva asks.

"Dunno," the imperial hatchling admits. "Just running."

Mellin swoops down to the two hatchlings, draping a wing around each, and dramatically declares, "You're coming with us now."

Seaset groans from her perch on Belleza's head, fins drooping dramatically. "Do we have to adopt every stray we meet on the road?"

Quellion looks down at the ridgeback, who hasn't spoken, but watches every movement made with sharp eyes. She flutters her wings and watches their gaze snap to her, taking some satisfaction in the attention.

"Is it only you two who had to run?" Belleza asks, and the imperial shakes their head.

"Everyone else got lost," they say, soft and sad. "I hope they find good dragons to be friends with too."

"They won't," the ridgeback mutters, but no one else seems to take notice, except for Aurum, whose eyes well with tears for what has to be the hundredth time.

Quellion drapes herself more dramatically over the branches in Tirva's antler, and says, "We can't stay here forever. We don't know what's around here."

There's a general murmur of agreement, and the group starts moving again.
77120054.png 77138780.png
[center][item=cobalt ore] [i]coming soon…[/i][/center] I’m a little busy today so the lore post might be late. Bear with me, I’ll get it done… eventually.
Cobalt Ore
coming soon…
I’m a little busy today so the lore post might be late. Bear with me, I’ll get it done… eventually.
[center][item=blackwater jester] [i]Life fights to live.[/i][/center] Not a very eventful coliseum run today. Tirva is now level 5.
Blackwater Jester
Life fights to live.

Not a very eventful coliseum run today. Tirva is now level 5.
[center][item=moonbeam sardines] [i]A battle it is.[/i][/center] This run was pretty uneventful. Aurum, Belleza, and Pricklepear are now level 5.
Moonbeam Sardines
A battle it is.

This run was pretty uneventful. Aurum, Belleza, and Pricklepear are now level 5.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10