Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [CYOA] Astrolodome Attenuation Adventure
1 2 ... 15 16 17 18 19 ... 26 27
[quote=Players] [center][b][i]Pinglist was here![/i][/b][/center][/quote] [center]The votes have been so close recently! I admire everyone's determination. :P Let's [i]check out[/i] the results of Dusk Choice 5...[/center] [img]https://i.imgur.com/nOIujBi.png.png[/img] You know casting the Attenuation spell ought to be your main priority, but you’re still curious about the [b][color=deeppink]book of prophecies[/b][/color] that was mentioned in the notes you found. You can’t remember the exact details of the book, so you hurry back to the Astronomy section as quickly as your legs can carry you. After you’ve collected the crumbling paper back from between the pages, you use the reference number on it to navigate through the library. It leads you to the Divination section. You find the right shelf and scan over the books until you find one that looks like it fits the description. You pull out the fat, green tome and read the elegant gilt lettering on the front: ‘[b][i]The Prophecies of the Seer Villanelle[/i][/b]’. You check the chicken-scratch note again. [i]That[/i] could be what the awful handwriting says. The book is old, but according to the foreword, the prophecies are older still: [b]Villanelle[/b] was a seer long ago who recorded her visions in poetic form. The introduction states that no one knows whether she did so to be deliberately obscure, or because those were the words that her visions gave her. Lots of notes are scribbled in the margins—a cramped but passionate scholarly debate between the author and a scholar. You compare the handwriting on the note to what is written in the book and confirm it is indeed the same dragon. You also notice that there’s another number beneath the scrawled title. After a flip through the book, you promptly realise that the prophecies are numbered and turn quickly to the corresponding poem. Your eyes pore down the words. [center][b]Prophecy #3141:[/b] ’Neath the crystal dome of Arcane glass Dragons shall repeat their festive scene When the three-tailed comet comes to pass Starfall celebrants will come en masse Revelling astronomers so keen ’Neath the crystal dome of Arcane glass Wishing expectations to surpass Trails of purple, blue and pink are seen When the three-tailed comet comes to pass Yet this comet is a different class Bringing a new temporal routine ’Neath the crystal dome of Arcane glass Daily festivities will alas Reproduce what has already been When the three-tailed comet comes to pass Time will turn into a strange morass These are things that I have long foreseen ’Neath the crystal dome of Arcane glass When the three-tailed comet comes to pass[/center] It’s very clearly referring to what is happening [i]right now[/i]. That’s astounding in a way; you can say you were there when one of Villanelle’s prophecies became reality! The blank space on either side of the printed poem is filled with scribblings from the same dragon who wrote the note. They’ve obviously cross-referenced this poem with the book in the Astronomy section and are concerned about finding a way to stop the time loop when it happens. Their handwriting is truly appalling, and you can’t understand much apart from another reference to [i]‘The Spellbook of Charn’[/i] with several question marks beside it. From this, you glean that they must have thought the Astrolodome Attentuation Spell was a potential solution, too! You wonder what happened to this scholar. When did they give up on their research? For what reason? Was it something out of their control? Are they out there now, still trapped in the time loop just like you? You have no way of knowing, and that thought discomforts you more than you were prepared for. A claw lands on your shoulder. You jump, startled, and look up to find an Imperial in librarian’s robes towering over you. “Hello!" they say, in a surprisingly soft voice. "I’m afraid the Library is about to close—for the Celebration, you know. I kindly have to ask you to leave.” “Oh,” you say, “already?” “I’m afraid so. All of us working here would like to watch the comet too,” the Imperial responds apologetically. “Can I help you check those books out before you go?” You decide to take the books with you even though you know you won’t have much time left. You look around, hoping you might bump into Serenity and the others, but there’s no sign of them as you make your way down the steps outside. You keep an eye on the doors, but they are shut firmly, and your hopes are quickly dashed. They must have left earlier—or hidden inside somewhere, you suppose. It’s not long before the crowd goes wild as the comet appears in the sky. You look up to watch it, taking in the pulse of light with a strange calm. Unlike the rest of the dragons, you actually know what is happening. It’s a bit frustrating, but sitting here with a lap full of answers, you can appreciate the beauty of it as the light dapples across the surface of the dome. It’s quite an amazing sight to see the night banished like this by the comet’s light. You close your eyes just before the flash— [center][emoji=firework size=1][emoji=firework size=1][emoji=firework size=1][emoji=firework size=1][emoji=firework size=1][emoji=firework size=1][emoji=firework size=1][emoji=firework size=1][emoji=firework size=1][/center] —and when you blink open your eyes, you’re sitting in your ward circle, back in your room, Erasmus scribbling at his desk. You take a deep breath. These resets are a nuisance, but you know what’s going on and you have an idea of what needs to be done to stop this from happening over and over again. [center]Where do you start this loop?[/center] [center][b][size=5][url=https://forms.gle/worquG7b3db8SqSF8][emoji=sun size=1] Dawn Choice 6 [emoji=sun size=1] What do you do?[/size][/b][/url] Make your choice via the Google Form linked above. This Choice will be open until [b]11am FR Time[/b] on Friday 1 October.[/center]
Players wrote:
Pinglist was here!
The votes have been so close recently! I admire everyone's determination. :P

Let's check out the results of Dusk Choice 5...
nOIujBi.png.png

You know casting the Attenuation spell ought to be your main priority, but you’re still curious about the book of prophecies that was mentioned in the notes you found. You can’t remember the exact details of the book, so you hurry back to the Astronomy section as quickly as your legs can carry you. After you’ve collected the crumbling paper back from between the pages, you use the reference number on it to navigate through the library.

It leads you to the Divination section. You find the right shelf and scan over the books until you find one that looks like it fits the description. You pull out the fat, green tome and read the elegant gilt lettering on the front: ‘The Prophecies of the Seer Villanelle’. You check the chicken-scratch note again. That could be what the awful handwriting says.

The book is old, but according to the foreword, the prophecies are older still:
Villanelle was a seer long ago who recorded her visions in poetic form. The introduction states that no one knows whether she did so to be deliberately obscure, or because those were the words that her visions gave her. Lots of notes are scribbled in the margins—a cramped but passionate scholarly debate between the author and a scholar. You compare the handwriting on the note to what is written in the book and confirm it is indeed the same dragon. You also notice that there’s another number beneath the scrawled title. After a flip through the book, you promptly realise that the prophecies are numbered and turn quickly to the corresponding poem. Your eyes pore down the words.
Prophecy #3141:

’Neath the crystal dome of Arcane glass
Dragons shall repeat their festive scene
When the three-tailed comet comes to pass

Starfall celebrants will come en masse
Revelling astronomers so keen

Wishing expectations to surpass
Trails of purple, blue and pink are seen

Yet this comet is a different class
Bringing a new temporal routine

Daily festivities will alas
Reproduce what has already been

Time will turn into a strange morass
These are things that I have long foreseen

It’s very clearly referring to what is happening right now. That’s astounding in a way; you can say you were there when one of Villanelle’s prophecies became reality!

The blank space on either side of the printed poem is filled with scribblings from the same dragon who wrote the note. They’ve obviously cross-referenced this poem with the book in the Astronomy section and are concerned about finding a way to stop the time loop when it happens. Their handwriting is truly appalling, and you can’t understand much apart from another reference to ‘The Spellbook of Charn’ with several question marks beside it. From this, you glean that they must have thought the Astrolodome Attentuation Spell was a potential solution, too!

You wonder what happened to this scholar. When did they give up on their research? For what reason? Was it something out of their control? Are they out there now, still trapped in the time loop just like you? You have no way of knowing, and that thought discomforts you more than you were prepared for.

A claw lands on your shoulder. You jump, startled, and look up to find an Imperial in librarian’s robes towering over you. “Hello!" they say, in a surprisingly soft voice. "I’m afraid the Library is about to close—for the Celebration, you know. I kindly have to ask you to leave.”

“Oh,” you say, “already?”

“I’m afraid so. All of us working here would like to watch the comet too,” the Imperial responds apologetically. “Can I help you check those books out before you go?”

You decide to take the books with you even though you know you won’t have much time left. You look around, hoping you might bump into Serenity and the others, but there’s no sign of them as you make your way down the steps outside. You keep an eye on the doors, but they are shut firmly, and your hopes are quickly dashed. They must have left earlier—or hidden inside somewhere, you suppose.

It’s not long before the crowd goes wild as the comet appears in the sky. You look up to watch it, taking in the pulse of light with a strange calm. Unlike the rest of the dragons, you actually know what is happening. It’s a bit frustrating, but sitting here with a lap full of answers, you can appreciate the beauty of it as the light dapples across the surface of the dome. It’s quite an amazing sight to see the night banished like this by the comet’s light. You close your eyes just before the flash—

—and when you blink open your eyes, you’re sitting in your ward circle, back in your room, Erasmus scribbling at his desk.

You take a deep breath. These resets are a nuisance, but you know what’s going on and you have an idea of what needs to be done to stop this from happening over and over again.
Where do you start this loop?
Dawn Choice 6
What do you do?

Make your choice via the Google Form linked above.
This Choice will be open until 11am FR Time on Friday 1 October.
out_of_this_world_banner_by_minecrafternenagirl-d7m8hz9.png
Oooh! Interesting.

Well. Getting to the other dragons with the ingredients is probably better.
Then you know at least where the items are if something goes wrong and we gotta do the day again.
Oooh! Interesting.

Well. Getting to the other dragons with the ingredients is probably better.
Then you know at least where the items are if something goes wrong and we gotta do the day again.
w5ew2DI.pngjZrUnmb.pngVA4qnlJ.pngAY4kYGm.pngpPPA8FZ.png
[/center]
[center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/69422914][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/694230/69422914_350.png[/img][/url] [i]Friday - AM[/i][/center] "That was quite illuminating," Abdul mutters under his breath. He spares a thought for the mysterious scholar and wonders what became of them. [i]"Did they get stuck in a time loop too? Or, like Villanelle, did they foresee something and think that they could perhaps stop this?"[/i] Well, it's happening now. He figures the best thing to do is to check in with Serenity and compare notes. Hopefully she's convinced the other mages and come up with other useful information; if not, they'll have to decide what to do next.
69422914_350.png
Friday - AM

"That was quite illuminating," Abdul mutters under his breath. He spares a thought for the mysterious scholar and wonders what became of them. "Did they get stuck in a time loop too? Or, like Villanelle, did they foresee something and think that they could perhaps stop this?"

Well, it's happening now. He figures the best thing to do is to check in with Serenity and compare notes. Hopefully she's convinced the other mages and come up with other useful information; if not, they'll have to decide what to do next.
Disillusionist's Lore & More .. {Free} bio resourcesLF Affiliates
female / INTJ / Capricorn / +16 FR time
Clan: FAQ | Stats | Lore Thread | Directory | Avatar
Wishlists: outfits & genes | general | familiars
Please check the spelling of my name when pinging me: @Disillusionist. Thanks!
Do we know why the narrator can remember things after the reset? Is it something to do with breed, are other pearlcatchers remembering?
Do we know why the narrator can remember things after the reset? Is it something to do with breed, are other pearlcatchers remembering?
uDNAbBS.png
[right][columns]"Daily festivities will alas Reproduce what has already been When the three-tailed comet comes to pass[nextcol][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/51743947][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/517440/51743947_350.png[/img][/url][/columns][/right] [columns][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/55947321][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/559474/55947321_350.png[/img][/url][nextcol]Time will turn into a strange morass These are things that I have long foreseen ’Neath the crystal dome of Arcane glass When the three-tailed comet comes to pass"[/columns] Maple and Abigail's gazes meet as they both look up from the book of prophecies whose text they have been reading aloud together "-if this prophecy can be believed then the loop continues for the duration of the Starfall Celebrations no matter what we do!" "-How far can we trust it? Enough to die believing we can return again tomorrow?" "-We can never know, all we need to decide is if we want to try annulling the dome's field before the comet flashes, that is all the spell is said to do, nothing to the comet itself" "Do we bother? Or should we just keep gathering as any magical shards as we can for the last few days of the festival? For despite us feeling we are repeating the same day, you'll see the festivities are due to wind up shortly, is it really just us who are caught in the loop?!?" @8Spitfire8
"Daily festivities will alas
Reproduce what has already been
51743947_350.png

55947321_350.png Time will turn into a strange morass
These are things that I have long foreseen
When the three-tailed comet comes to pass"

Maple and Abigail's gazes meet as they both look up from the book of prophecies whose text they have been reading aloud together

"-if this prophecy can be believed then the loop continues for the duration of the Starfall Celebrations no matter what we do!"

"-How far can we trust it? Enough to die believing we can return again tomorrow?"

"-We can never know, all we need to decide is if we want to try annulling the dome's field before the comet flashes, that is all the spell is said to do, nothing to the comet itself"

"Do we bother? Or should we just keep gathering as any magical shards as we can for the last few days of the festival? For despite us feeling we are repeating the same day, you'll see the festivities are due to wind up shortly, is it really just us who are caught in the loop?!?"

@8Spitfire8
qDkA25S.png
@Kvon When the narrator talks with Serenity and the other mages they supposed it may have had something to do with them practising ward spells the first time the flash occurred
@Kvon When the narrator talks with Serenity and the other mages they supposed it may have had something to do with them practising ward spells the first time the flash occurred
qDkA25S.png
I think we should check to see if Serenity has convinced them. If they came to a decision, they may be expecting us to check in on them, especially since they seem to start the loop in the library. There’s also the fact that if they do decide to help, we could probably get them to help search for ingredients and equipment.

If they haven’t come to a decision yet, or decide not to help us, we should also start trying to recruit our professor (or at least talk to her) during dusk choice this loop or dawn choice next loop (so we could possibly get more time to talk to her) While she won’t remember the next loops, it still would be worth it to see if she’d help us, give us advice, or even believe us. However, searching for ingredients during dusk choice would still be a good option too.

Also considering that one of the books a few loops back had the notes on “The Spellbook of Charn” and The “Prophecies of the Seer Villanelle”, and the notes are presumably there every loop, that could mean someone was researching this before the loop even started. I’m not sure what it means, but it sure means something.
I think we should check to see if Serenity has convinced them. If they came to a decision, they may be expecting us to check in on them, especially since they seem to start the loop in the library. There’s also the fact that if they do decide to help, we could probably get them to help search for ingredients and equipment.

If they haven’t come to a decision yet, or decide not to help us, we should also start trying to recruit our professor (or at least talk to her) during dusk choice this loop or dawn choice next loop (so we could possibly get more time to talk to her) While she won’t remember the next loops, it still would be worth it to see if she’d help us, give us advice, or even believe us. However, searching for ingredients during dusk choice would still be a good option too.

Also considering that one of the books a few loops back had the notes on “The Spellbook of Charn” and The “Prophecies of the Seer Villanelle”, and the notes are presumably there every loop, that could mean someone was researching this before the loop even started. I’m not sure what it means, but it sure means something.
Stardust Sap Lamp - G1 Jade/Fog XYX for sale
[url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/51743947][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/517440/51743947.png[/img][/url][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/55947321][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/559474/55947321.png[/img][/url] Abigail and Maple ------ Abigail whispers to Maple, "The Scholar was caught in the same time loop. I think we should check with Serenity and the others. They might have some more information since we last saw them. Maybe the older mages know something of this. And it's interesting that the young mages have a test to complete when this happened. Could this be thier true test and we got caught up in it?" And the more dragons we have to gather ingredients, the more chance we have to complete our task before the next cycle. Side note: Abigail loves going into that old Library. An old burn mark she left there as a youth almost sends her into girlish giggles each time she sees it. How powerful and untrained she had been. Reading a spell book and totally oblivious to the chaos she was causing around her. A true child of the Arcanist. @gn0me
51743947.png55947321.png
Abigail and Maple

Abigail whispers to Maple, "The Scholar was caught in the same time loop. I think we should check with Serenity and the others. They might have some more information since we last saw them. Maybe the older mages know something of this. And it's interesting that the young mages have a test to complete when this happened. Could this be thier true test and we got caught up in it?"

And the more dragons we have to gather ingredients, the more chance we have to complete our task before the next cycle.

Side note:
Abigail loves going into that old Library. An old burn mark she left there as a youth almost sends her into girlish giggles each time she sees it. How powerful and untrained she had been. Reading a spell book and totally oblivious to the chaos she was causing around her. A true child of the Arcanist.
@gn0me
ddld6dc.png
I'm torn between checking in on Serenity & co and gathering the ingredients. Doing the latter would of course be faster if we did it as a group, but maybe if we checked in on them first and Serenity's already convinced them to help, they can go off and do that, leaving us free to spend that time talking to the Professor, or perhaps something else, still?

I think I'll check on Serenity as well, at least we can start off the day with fellow dragons who know what's going on, good ideas can always come from that.
I'm torn between checking in on Serenity & co and gathering the ingredients. Doing the latter would of course be faster if we did it as a group, but maybe if we checked in on them first and Serenity's already convinced them to help, they can go off and do that, leaving us free to spend that time talking to the Professor, or perhaps something else, still?

I think I'll check on Serenity as well, at least we can start off the day with fellow dragons who know what's going on, good ideas can always come from that.
~~ Call me Beato!
MUYNhfy.png
v2PJF9u.png
Aswnqzl.png

FObX7rS.png
7UXlQKU.gif
WyzHFF3.gif glnLzx2.gif WyzHFF3.gif wtae0IEm_o.pngxb40JV1.png
Sorry players, life has happened: today's Dusk update will be slightly delayed, but it will be with you ASAP.
Sorry players, life has happened: today's Dusk update will be slightly delayed, but it will be with you ASAP.
A two-toned pink eight-pointed compass rose with the Arcane symbol at the centre, with the word 'adept' hand-written in front of the downwards point
The Spire, home of the Lundlaevungar: a crystal island shaped like an inverted mountain floating above the sea in a yellow sky
The Pirate Trials button, linking to the thread: a pink pearl with subtle gold sparkles, with 'The Pirate Trials' handwritten in front; the P is an eye patch with a skull on it Arcane Badge depicting the Oculus of the Eleven
Clan Lore

Exalted Dragons

FR+8

they/them
1 2 ... 15 16 17 18 19 ... 26 27